F1) Finding the spark (Aspect, Stryder, Hei, Eatos)

Sky caught the blade, his cursed glove making sure he took no damage as he disarmed the player. He grinned, laughing a little as he won the duel, his wolf, Silver, howling happily. She was starting to get a ltitle more comfortable, she could sit on her own for a bit, as long as Sky was in sight. The player laughed with him, grabbing the spare hand and hauling himself up. Sky didn't fight with players much, well, ever. But this guy had asked him for a quick spar, but had lost. He waved him off, walking away as he headed towards the Town Of Beggingins square, well... technically where this whole mess had started. He remembered quite a bit about that, he had been scared for a fair bit... But he was over thatnow. His entire personality had changed, and now. He was his own man. 

Huh.... i usedto be so shy. Now, look at me. I run my own guild... Lucky me.

@Aspect @Hei @Eatos

Eatos had been struggling, but she had to put on a brave face for her guild. The blue-haired girl checked her guild information, and spotted Stryder on the first floor. He knew about what plagued her, and the girl let out a sigh and a quick whistle. She knew something had to change, but what? Everyone else was a flux, except her. With her familiar, Angel by her side, she went down to the first floor.

It wasn’t hard to spot him, and his familiar. The wolfess had some trust issues, and while Eatos knew to keep her distance, Angel did not and the girl had to give him a stern word before walking over, the large Husky wagging her tail excitedly.

“You seem somewhat obsessed with this floor” She said to get his attention as Angel leaped up into his lap, licking at his face much to the amusement of her tamer. “Is Silver getting better, I remember she was so scared when you first found her….”

It was just a normal day for Hei. He had opened the Hanger early in the morning, and now it was nearly noon, and no one had come. - I wonder why there aren't more players ready to get stronger to clear the game. I wish to help, but if they don't start on their own, it's no good - he thought and looked at the sign, that offered a free piece of equipment to every player willing to become stronger. Maybe he just had to make this offer seen by more players he thought, and so he would do something new today. Hei picked up a few items he thought were helpful to lower level players and left his shop, closing the door behind him. With the items in his inventory he made his way to the towns place, and was about to start looking for players that looked like they could need the help, when he noticed two known players.
Walking over to them, he was sure, that it was Stryder and Eatos, that were sitting and standing in the middle of the square, their familiars next to them.
"Hey there, nice to see you. Why haven't you told me that you would come and pay this floor a visit?" he asked, while his small raptor, that had accompanied him slowly circled the two other familiars.

“Hey, Athel, I’ve been thinking, should we join a guild?” I said as I walked along the roads of the Town of New Beginnings. Personally, I found the name Ironic, mainly because some people viewed it as the end of the old them. “I don’t know.” He signed to me. “Because, I think we could both use a little help.” I said solemnly. “As much as I’d hate to admit, if we don’t get help, we could get ourselves killed easily.” Athel squinted at me, almost as if he was studying me. “Why is that?” He signed. “Well, for starters, I don’t know how to make a potion, and at the very beginning I chose a support type. Then there is my ability to defend myself, which inflicts as much damage to me as it does my target. Oh, how about literally every other mechanic in this game, I just don’t understand it!” I said, attempting to cling to what was left of my dignity, and if I wasn’t mistaken, I’m pretty sure I shouted some of it, mainly because Athel made a gesture that almost everyone knew. He put his pointer finger to his mouth and faced it upward, or formally known as Shhing someone. I sighed. “Sorry. But, I know what your thinking though. I wouldn’t be considered “pro” in this concept, but that's not what I’m aiming for.” Athel grinned at me. “What are you aiming for?” I tried to come up with an elaborate response, but I settled on something simple instead. “Oh, how about not dying? Is that a good enough goal for your?” A mischievous smile grew across Athel’s face. “My goal is also simple. Become king of Aincrad.” I grinned at this remark. “Oh shut up already.” Athels eyes grew more diabolical. “I cannot shut up. I am mute.” He signed. I facepalmed. “There it is again. Did anyone ever tell you that you overuse that joke?” I responded. “Sorry. You lined it up. Could not resist.” He signed. Its at this point I noticed a group of individuals. They looked like they knew what they were doing, sorta. But, I didn’t want to intrude, especially because I didn’t want to make a fool of myself.

@Hei @Eatos @Stryder

Edited by Aspect

The arrival of Hei was unexpected, and Eatos found herself at a slight loss. She and Hei had an interesting relationship, but of late, she had come to a new reality, that distance was her friend. That solitude was that which greeted her daily, and Angel. Never a player.

“It wasn’t intentional” the girl said calmly, standing up to face him. Her amber eyes instantly noticed the raptor following him. A familiar? Had to be. It seemed he had been powering up in terms of strength. How long till he joined the front line, leaving her behind? “I have been feeling, unwell recently…So I wanted to come for a walk on this floor….” The girls eyes roamed away from Hei, specifically, over his shoulder. She had spotted two players, and while that would normally not catch her eye, one thing did. Sign language. The girl pursed her lips as she watched the conversation, at least, to the best of her abilities.

Angel, having planted herself on Stryders lap, quickly spotted the Raptor that was circling them. The Husky quickly leapt off and watched the other familiar, looking at her owner before at the other familiar, as if seeing if it could intercept it if it went after the blue-haired girl. Eventually, the Husky barked, once, loudly, at the Raptop.

While that occurred, Eatos never took her eyes off the pair over Hei’s shoulders. Her sign language was rusty, having learnt it when she was a child and never having been able to use it in a proper conversation (Other than the time she had earplugs on and wanted to know if she’d actually learnt it). She could sort of translate it, but the movements were far too fluid for her to keep up. She made no attempt to be subtle, and was seemingly unaware of the existence of her guild mates “…He’s a mute” she said suddenly to them both as if they knew what she knew. Even from where Aspect and Athel stood, they would be able to see the girls amber eyes looking right at them.

Sky smiled when he heard the familiar sound of a Husky barking, and the owner telling her to be quiet. Silver quickly hid behind Sky. While she was getting better around people, animals.... Were another matter. Sky turned to look at his friend, seeing Eatos, turning after hearing her say he was obsessed with the floor, and asking about Silver.

"This is where iv gotten nearly all our recruits, no need to be complaining about me spending time here, and she is getting better. Slowly. Animals still freak her out... for obvious reasons, though she is getting betterwith people, slowly" He said, letting out a soft laugh.

The next to show up was Hei, someone he hadn't seen for a long time. He seemed suprised, or hurt, that they hadn't asked him to come to this floor, but to be honest, he had no idea he would be meeting them today.

Soon after Angel planted herself on Sky's lap, making him smile as he sat down with the dog. Silver kept behind Sky, a little shy around the two other familiars. She was a little acustomed to angel, so she moved more towards her, and kept away from the Raptor.

"Nice to see you hei.... I just realized, when was the last time the three heads of the guild were in the same place together?" He commented, looking over where Eatos was looking. Wondering what they were talking about, looking up at his friend, guessing she knew. 

While Hei had been walking towards Stryder and Eatos, it seemed the two had talked a little, but he had not understood what was said, and once he had arrived and asked them why they hadn't told him, Eatos has stood up and told him, that it hadn't been intentional and that she hadn't been to well lately and just had to take a walk down here on floor one. - I hope it's not to bad. Being on this icy floor that probably gets dark early everyday must be bad for everyone, and if she doesn't has someone to talk to except her Angel, she might feel really bad. But I shouldn't try and press her into something, so if She doesn't tell me any more, I will just leave it be - he thought and turned his attention to his raptor, that had started circling the others.

When Angel had barked loud, Huatli had jumped back a good bit, and Hei had to call her to him, so she wouldn't start fighting. "Huatli, come here and leave them be. They aren't our enemies, they're our friends" he said, before turning back to Eatos, who seemed to space out a little, not really looking at him any more. "I hate to hear that you don't feel well. If there is anything I can do for you, you just have to tell me" he said and then noticed that Stryder wanted to say something as well.

Stryder greeted him and asked both of them how long it had been for them to be at the same place all together. Hei had to think a little, and besides the dragon hunter quest, the last time they had just been together and talked must have been at their christmas party. "Yeah, it's way to long since we all have been together. I believe it must have been last christmas that we have been. So why are you here on the first floor. It seems it's not to pay me a visit, or you might have told me." he said, hoping that he sounded angry and serious, even though he just was happy to see them both.

“So, then it's settled, we join a guild?” I asked Athel. Who looked like he was staring behind me.  “Yes.” was his response, this wasn’t like him, usually he would go into detail, but he seemed distracted. “Athel, are you ok? Maybe we can get something to eat if you feel like you need to think this over…” Most of the time, this was my ultimate persuasion power move against Athel. Usually he can be easily bribed into doing something if something tasty is involved afterward. He made the same gesture as before, yes. Still not paying too much attention to what I was saying. I turned around and the group of three we saw a minute ago was still there. “Maybe, we should ask them, I mean, I certainly don’t see ‘Best Guild in Aincrad’ billboards anywhere and I don’t know what to think of guilds to begin with.” To be honest, I did have an opinion on guilds. I think of small guilds as friend circles with cheesy names, and the large guilds as glorified profit machines. Which is why I was skeptical about this whole idea in the first place. “Yes” Athel repeated in sign language. “Ok. Come on now, we have a whole day ahead of us…” I said, trying to at least nudge out the idea that something good might happen, unfortunately, Athel had other opinions. “Lots can go bad in a minute.” He signed. 

When we approached the group, I had to admit, I was, a little more than intimidated. There was three players total, along with two familiars. One of which looked like a wolf, but  I guessed it was a wolf. When I approached, I attempted to gain their attention and said: “Um, excuse me, do you know where I can sign up for a good guild?” I can already tell this might be a bad idea. I looked over at Athel, who looked way more confident then me at the moment. “One of them was watching us.” He signed. “Which one?” I mouthed the words so they hopefully didn’t hear me. “The girl.” I nodded slightly in acknowledgment. I turned back to the three players. “Sorry about that. Can you help us out? Maybe, give us a recommendation?” Oh jeez, I sound like a high schooler asking their teacher to be a recommendation on my resume. I need to stop that.

@Hei @Eatos @Stryder

The christmas party.... That sounded around about the last time he could remember, definitely. He let out a small laugh, looking at the two of them. He was glad he had made these two the heads of his guild. Sure, they didn't do that much right now, but... Still. He was so glad he did, because it gave him an excuse to just drag them around. Well, maybe thats not it. But still.

"We should go out and celebrate or something, you know, for the pure luck that we actually ended up at the same place at the same moment. Thats a rare thing you know, especially for us three who are always around different places" He said, his wide grin showing like it always did.

Then two guys showed up, hearing them asking something. He turned, his smile still showing, though not being outragesly now, more of a kind, curious land ook. They seemed interested in joining a guild, which made him wonder. 

Hmm... They are on floor one, maybe they are low levels? Are they a good fit for this guild? Should i offer or not..

"Recommendations for guilds? I guess... The ones i would suggest would depend on what your looking for" He replies, wanting to see if he can get them to say what they want before he invites them in. He wasn't a guild just trying to rack up members... He wanted those in it to mean something.

Words were bouncing around near her, but Eatos struggled to place them together and instead, allowed them to leave her mind as she stared at the two boys who had walked towards them. A mute in Sword Art Online. How tough that would honestly be, to be unable to communicate even in this world, and if he lost his friend. He’d be trapped without even a voice, or someone to understand him. So few people knew how sign language worked, Eatos knew, mostly. Well, she could sort of understand him, if a few words not translating properly.

‘One of them was watching us’ she translated mentally, and she was internally amused. Of course she had been spotted watching, staring at them wasn’t subtle. Still, she tried to bring herself back and listen to what they were saying, and the world ‘Guild’ was mentioned. Eatos assumed that they were looking for one.

Instantly in her mind, it created a list of the main guilds, and which ones would benefit them most. She could safely assume they weren’t main combatants, or at the very least, lowish levelled. Meaning combat focused guilds, such Holy Dragon might not be the best option. In fact, only two main guilds came even close. Her own, and Domarus. A guild that for some reason, her brain refused to trust.

“There aren’t too many guilds that’ll be huge on taking in low levelled players right now, given that they’re trying to make a united front line” She said, her voice was soft, yet had a cold chill within it “There are two main guilds that are for protecting lower levelled players. Kyriarchia Enosi, which roughly translates as Dominance Union with a little translation, and Guardians of the New Dawn” She glanced at Stryder and Hei with a dazed look, almost as if asking them to trust her before looking back at him.

“Union’s been actively putting up a mini-war against Player-Killer guilds lately, lead by the guild leader himself, Domarus. He’s been recruiting younger children recently, and has been very…active in ensuring they’re levelling up” She didn’t say that that was to lead them to the front line, or the fact that his private life was so annoyingly open if screamed a trap to her cynical mind.

“Guardians is a slower guild, they’re focused on protection over levelling. Ensuring a player has backup if needed, but they’re not near to operating on the front lines just yet. One or two players at most, the majority of the guild is simply trying to level up safely, see where it takes them”. Despite her voice being the same, she felt cold inside. It felt too easy to deceive them, to simply not state that they were the three heads of the Guardians.She noticed only then, that her entire time, she'd been speaking rather coldly, and let out a weak smile. She had been feeling too cynical lately, and it was coming across in how she was speaking. 

While Hei and the others had been talking, two other players had come closer, and while Stryder was still talking to him, smiling and telling him, that they should have some kind of party, since they all met here and that wasn't to often, it seemed that Eatos had lost her interest in her guildmates and was looking at someone else. When the players had finally arrived at them, and one of them had asked about guild recommendations, Hei was sure, Stryder would try to get them to join the guild. They probably weren't that high of a level, so he could be able to protect and help them, and that was exactly how Stry was most of the time. So when he just asked them what kind of guild they were searching for, Hie was a little bit surprised, but not as much, as when Eatos in cold tone told them, that there were two guilds suitable for lower levelled players, and that the guardians were one of them, without mentioning, that they were not just part, but the leaders of that guild.
- I wonder if it is her plan to let them chose before they know that they are talking to the heads, or if she just didn't think about telling them, as it was normal for her to be part of the guild. I always wear the guilds sigil on my cloak, so i don't tell everyone I'm part of the guild and just assume they know. But I will tell them now - he was thinking, before he quickly turned to Stryder and said "I like the sound of having a party. So how about we meet at my place later and have some cold drinks and some barbecue?"  but he knew, that the other players were the more important matter right now, so he turned to them and added to what Eatos had said so far  "Nice to meet you. As Eatos already said, the Guardians of the new Dawn are a guild that helps lower level players to protect themselves. And you just got really lucky, as I am part of the guardians" Hei slightly turned around, so they could see his cloak showing the guilds sigil " If you want, I could introduce you to our guild leader, and you could ask him about the guild personally" and while he said so, he had to throw a glance at Stryder and he grinned.

@Aspect

Edited by Hei