[PP-F2-NK] All In, The Rebirth ~ Team A

The attic grew quiet within seconds. The light that seeped through from the opened air vent was dim in the large space, but it was enough to quell Teion's fear. Her heavy breathing, paired with Ryo's, was all that was left to fill the silence, and the sense that they were finally left alone washed over her. Teion's eyes found him, and her chest tightened as if she could feel her heart squeezing and squirming inside of it. She stopped for a moment, expression mixed and fresh tears threatening the corners of her eyes while the stains on her cheeks hadn't yet fully dried. It was over, but it wasn't. An overwhelming anxiety gripped at her, and she could practically feel her stomach turn as her mind played back what the shadows had shown her. Was any of it real? The creature that followed Ryo here to the attic, what was left of its human face--it was that woman. In seconds, she realized how little she knew about the man standing across from her. The pieces of themselves that they didn't want to share. The worst sides of themselves that, in one way or another, still threatened to torment them.

Then she recalled the dagger as it ran him through. The haunting cries of pain as blood soaked into the carpet below. And her legs moved on their own, carrying her to him. Teion threw her arms around Ryo's shoulders, holding him tightly as if to assure herself that he wouldn't disappear into the shadows as well. Her frame shuddered slightly as she cried, burying her face against Ryo's neck. "God, are--are you okay?" She pulled away after a short while, just enough for her hands to pull forward and palms to rest on either side of his face. Her blue eyes locked with his gold, and she left just enough time for him to give her an answer before pulling his face closer. She locked her lips with his for several long seconds before allowing herself to pull away, her movements slower and less desperate once she'd found the solace of his presence.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The brunette looked around, and saw no immediate signs of danger to her. Everything seemed pretty quiet, and, despite the air of the greenhouse still being a bit muggy, it was nice to get a fresher breath of air. Jevi would let out a small sigh, "This peace probably won't last for long.." Slowly, she began to take small steps forward, taking notice of the vines that tried to reach where she stood, tapping at the glass like the grubby fingers of kids looking into an aquarium. The poking of the greenery became a bit more forceful, chipping at the glass little by little. The sudden voice from behind her caused her to let out a small yelp as she quickly turned around to view just who had crept up on her. She recognized the noirette as Hestia, one of the members of the guild she had little interactions with. "For f***s sake Hesita... how do you walk so silently with such heavy armor.." After taking a sharp breath, yellow eyes looked over to the woman, "Of course I remember your name, we-" Jevi was cut short by a shrill scream, what sounded like that of a man. It did not take her long to recognize the voice as that of Spencer. 

The brunette's hardened face turned to that of concern as she spun around once again and rushed out the open door of the greenhouse. "Spencer!" she shouted, as she ran towards the entrance of what she believed was a garden.. but found out soon that it was a maze of tall, overgrown hedges. Weeds and long branches grew out from the sides of the giant shrubs, making it a bit tough for Jevi to simply rush through to find her way to her friend who seemed to be in some sort of danger. "Spencer I'm coming!" she shouted again as she found herself at a fork in the maze, not taking long to decide to move down the path to the right. 

Ryo ran to Thea, panic setting in. What on earth could have this house done to her. She was just now starting to get better. She was only just now starting to open up. And this damn house could erase all of it. He grabbed the crying woman by her shoulders, who immediately began to ask if he was okay. What an odd thing to ask, of course he was okay. She was the one who needed the most help. Thoughts of the mirage woman crept back into his mind, and how easy he was tempted. He shook his head. Not now, he thought. Right now, there was something, someone more important that needed help. He reached over, and brushed a hand against Thea's cheek and smiled. "I'm fine love. Now that we're together again." He reach down, and took a hand of hers into his own. Her lips pressed into his, and his pressed back. His hand trailed up behind her neck, his fingers passing through her long hair as he held the woman he loved in his arms.

Ryo pulled away, admittedly enough with difficulty, from Teion's lips. He stood, still holding the woman's hand in his own. "Let's go love. Now that we're together, nothing can stop us. Not even this house." He said, helping the woman to her feet. "Now, let's go save everyone else. Shall we?" He offered, giving the woman a small smile.

Ryo's words of encouragement prompted a smile to appear on her face, and she let out a small chuckle as she recovered from the emotional release. She gave his hand a squeeze, and nodded. "Right, let's." Before Teion had the chance to wipe her cheek with her free hand and banish the last of the stains that the tears had left on them, she felt a sensation much like a scrap of fine sandpaper drawing up along the skin on her face. She didn't know what was more unsettling--the feeling itself, or the odd familiarity of it. A chill ran up her spine. Teion's eyes widened and a tiny, instinctual squeal sounded from her throat as she jumped. She moved even closer to Ryo, pressing herself against his frame and wrapping her arms behind his neck. As she turned to look over her shoulder to find what had so abruptly invaded her personal space, the only thing missing from the reaction was Teion's legs in his arms for him to be holding her bridal-style. Having hopped from his perch, a set of five ruby-red eyes blinked back up at her, the same shadowy cat that had snuck up on her in the same manner back on the fourteenth floor. "Nngah! Wait, you--What the hell are you doing here?" She demanded of the familiar, her shoulders relaxing slightly as she recognized the creature.

Jinx's ears turned back, his mouth stretching into a wide yawn. Teion bent down, her fingers passing harmlessly through the thin, bright red runic symbols that hovered around his solid black fur to grab the scruff of his neck. She cast a glance back to Ryo and quickly took note of his expression, her lips pressing together as she realized an explanation was in order. "Oh, uhm. It followed me and Hestia like...what, a month ago?" The realization of her own words caused her to turn her head back to the demonic cat still in her grasp. "Have you been here the whole time?!" With a shake of her head, Teion released the cat and slid her hand down Ryo's arm to find his hand again. Her fingers shifted to slide them past the space between his. Left at her feet, the cat gave a quick shake of his head and rubbed up against her leg, flicking his tail through the air and walking over to the man beside her and doing the same.

Teion's eyes had just settled on the air vent where Ryo had entered the attic from, thinking that to be their best means of getting out and finding their friends. But before they'd left to search, Teion's eyes widened in sudden remembrance. "Wait, oh my God, Noot. Noot was here with me!" Her head turned to the rest of the largely-empty attic, scanning and straining against the darkness for the little penguin. "One of the shadows took him from me... Oh, no." She tensed up. In losing the makeshift lifeline to her friend, she'd lost what was essentially his child. Unlike the indifferent cat at her feet, all she could imagine was the helpless baby Noot, alone and terrified.

• 1 month later...

(OOC: If there are Players who want to communicate With people from other parties. Message me to post on the separate party if you so chose. Attacks Will happen randomly and without much warning, be prepared to alter roleplay if the Shadow Creature decides to show up)

Hide contents

Spencer's Location: Hedge Maze

Teion's Location: Attic Living Room

Ryo's Location: Attic Living Room

Hestia's Location: Green House

Jevi's Location: Maze

Fake Ryo: Maze
Fake Spencer: Maze
Fake Teion: Restricted Room
Fake Jevi: Dinning Room
Fake Hestia: The Panty/ Process of Vent Access
Fake Kimi: Master Bathroom

Noot: Servant's Quarters
Kuro: Master Bathroom
Jinx: Attic Living Room
Yuki: ???

Traps Discovered:

Main Floor Statue

Vines on Outside of House
Vines At Green House
Animal Heads in the Den
Dolls in Children's Room

Any Question, Yah Gay Son will let you know what you need to know.

The Dark Shadow screeched in rage, sending its hand through a window, the entry to the roof now broken open in the attic, Teion and Ryo could hear the noise from where they are sitting. "How dare they... HOW DARE THEY. They hurt my son, they are entering my home, and they are Pissing. Me. OFF!" She screams louder and her wails could be heard clearly echoing down the halls of the mansion. She pants loudly and grits her teeth, looking at the group in the mansion, specifically they three who are out by the hedge maze. "You three will have to do for now, especially you." It chuckles a bit and looks at Jevi.

Spencer woke up with a quick gasp as he sat up from the ground. He looked up to see the fake Ryo no longer on the window sill of the tower, but in fact climbing down the sides of the tower, scaling it faster than he expected. "[censored]." Is all he said as he slowly dragged himself to a standing position, his body was acting a bit funny from jumping from such a high distance. His health had dropped 1/10th of the total amount and he grimaced a bit, hoping those hits do not keep happening. With one final look up at Ryo, who was getting closer and closer, Spencer rushed forward into the maze. Spencer ran and turned a corner to hear a loud echo of a familiar bad ass's voice. "Jevi... JEVI!" He screamed loudly and almost teared up at the thought of finding his friends again. The thought of them being fake crossed his mind, but he quickly forced that out, making his way to what he hoped was to be his salvation.

@Hestia

The creature couldn't get up with Kuro on top of it, it was trapped for the moment. "Get OFF." He squealed, but nothing, Kuro would not back down. The creature slowly started to faze through the walls, almost hurt by this action, like it didn't fully know how to use its own abilities. "Where.... Where are the rest of them." He panted in pain as it disappeared, leaving Kuro to run around, trying to figure out where the creature went, or where Hestia went.
In Hestia's perspective, She watches as Jevi runs forward, a scream from Spencer setting her off as she went off, going to the right. However, as she would try to go forward, the hedge grew over the other section, cutting Jevi and Hestia off from each other for a moment. The vines that were sitting there for a moment slowly started to slither towards Hestia, the vines sliding along the glass on the outside, adding pressure to it, slowly starting to break and crack the glass, a small piece landing next to Hestia, the glass going to give away in, at most, 5 seconds. She would either have to run to the maze, or back inside the mansion.

@Jevi

As Jevi ran into the maze, where she came from disappeared and changed into a different part of the maze, the woman being moved to a completely different section of the maze in almost an instant. A figure ran from her left to in front of her, running down the path, it was Spencer. For some reason he couldn't see or hear her no matter what Jevi tried to do, and Jevi had a front row seat to the carnage that was to take place. The fake Spencer slowly started to walk forward, and as he did, a dark figure slowly approached behind him, but it slowly faded away into a small woman, a woman that was all too recognizable to Jevi, Opal. The fake Opal walked forward and stayed right behind Spencer, her blade drawn, but never touching him, almost taunting him with her inability to see him. She then plunged forward, her blade going right into Spencer's heart, his eyes going wide, and blood dripping from his mouth. "J-Jevi..." He gasped out, trying his best to get help from her, but he was already a goner, his body falling to the floor, his eyes staring at Jevi, cold and unmoving.

@Teion @Ryo

As the couple talked and tried to move past what had just happened, a familiar Noot coming from the next room over, and then a loud sound of scrapping metal and bodies, then it stopped. A long period of silence passed, then the window in the attic broke open, causing another sound of metal and bodies, then it stopped again. The attic was in horrid silence for a while, till a quieter noot came from the room, and a sound of metal and bodies moving was softer and didn't last as long. The two would also hear crawling coming up from the vents, and a pounding coming from the locked room Teion was next to, almost as if two entities were desperately trying to get out. 

Welp...looks like i'm here now whether i like it or not. I say softly to myself as i glance around the greenhouse as things are quickly starting to collapse into themselves and myself not having my familiar as i glance towards the direction of Jevi as i bite my lower lip before turning around and sprinting back into the mansion. 'I'm sorry. Stay safe okay?' I can only think to myself as i run into the building before the vines could cover the entrance towards the mansion knowing i don't have time to think or wait as glass flies towards me as it gives way towards the pressure that this thing is adding to the mansion. 'What even is this place? If it is a mob it can be killed like anything else, if it is a event that seems the most likely. Though if this is somehow some demon or ghost how did it get into this game?' I question myself as i glance around the mansion as i frown softly not spotting my familiar at all as i quickly shout out as i enter the main entrance area once more as i just yell out loudly for anybody to hear me or not. KURO! Kuro! You their buddy! I yell out for my precious little lion feeling worried for him.

He tears into the spirit creature of whatever was bothering its owner as it clenches its teeth down harder with a fierce look within its hazel colored eye until the creature seemingly vanished. He grins at success before perking his ears up trying to listen for any sign of its owner or other ones that she is fond of. The lion with wings quickly moves out of the bedroom and starts wandering aimlessly moving more so upwards rather than downwards in his approach to find its owner starting off by first going across the hallway towards the other side of the house entirely from where it is at to begin its search.

• 2 weeks later...

The brunette fumbled as she rushed around the corner of the hedge maze, moving as quickly as she could to follow the pained voice of her friend. The girl was met with a dead end however, causing her to quickly turn around and try another direction. She stood for a moment, wearing a confused look on her face, when she realized that the different forked paths in front of her did not match the ones she saw moments before... as if she was in a completely different part of the maze. "What the hell..?" she said to herself under her breath before taking a few steps forward to take in her surroundings. From the path just to her left, a figure all to familiar to her ran by, and sprinted down the path just before her. The dirty blonde haired boy had not even noticed that she stood there as Spencer rounded the corner. "Spencer!" she called out to him, with no response whatsoever. "Spencer!!" She called a little bit louder.. still no response. 

Suddenly the man stopped, as if he had heard her pleading, and turned around to face her. His eyes seemed frantic, looking for his own escape, still not noticing the brunette that stood before him. "I'm right here.." she said, her voice sounding desperate for her friend to acknowledge her as he walked forward, not even looking at Jevi. Behind Spencer, a dark silhouette began to take shape, as if it had formed from the shadow of the hedges far across from her. A sound that was not noticeable to her at first became all to audible as all other sounds seemed to fade, the clacking of high heeled boots walking against the brick ground. The female's figure became much more visible as she continued forward, with features she remembered too well... at least of the woman before she had changed. platinum blonde hair fell over one of her once honey colored eyes.. which were now replaced with piercing red orbs that matched the bright lips that curled into a smirk. "But... but you're dead.." Jevi said with wide eyes as she stumbled backwards, unsure of what or who she was looking at. The red smirk became only more sinister as the figure of Opal ripped her long katana from its scabbard and cut through Spencer, causing him to fall to his knees.

"And so is he..." she said in a voice that resembled Opal's, but sounded much more twisted and demonic. 

"Je..vi.." Spencer said in a whisper, his eyes losing color as they now looked into her's. Blood began to trickle from the sides of his mouth, the wound on his back creating a much larger puddle that covered the bricks he knelt on. Finally, the boy's lifeless body collapsed, though his eyes never left the brunette's. "Nononono" Jevi said as she stumbled back again, falling on her behind. "This isn't real..this isn't real." 

• 2 weeks later...

Ryo quickly covered his face as the window burst open. Wind gusted in and it echoed throughout the attic. The air stopped, and then it stood still. The noise of metal grinding, and flesh scraping ended. The door nearby shuddered and groan as loud banging echoed once again in the attic. Grabbing his Katana from Teion, Ryo stood proud. "Right then. Let's go find the others." It was at that moment that the door shuddered against a force. Ryo sped to the door, slamming a shoulder into it knocking whatever creature that was there back and quickly locked the door. The door couldn't be barred, so he leaned up against it.

To his surprise he could see a small penguin in his sight, with monsters converging on him. "Thea! Noot's there!" Ryo shouted out pointing at the creatures. "Two are on him, grab him and get out the window! Climb to the roof!" Ryo shouted out again, still bracing against the door as the shocks and the thuds came through.

• 2 weeks later...

A tiny scream of surprise escaped her as the two were ripped from their moment of reprieve. Teion's head whipped around, taking in the broken window, the restless entity that rattled the door Ryo moved quickly to block, and the sound of the smallest penguin cries coming from a corner of the room. She had frozen up until her partner motioned to his side, pointing out the helpless familiar and calling her to action. She regained herself, took in a deep breath of air through her nostrils, and nodded. She gave a passing glance over her shoulder at the window on the other side of the large, dimly-lit attic. A pair of musty, fraying curtains billowed with the slight breeze that carried in from the exterior of the mansion, and at this distance should could make out little more than the blue sky and the greenery of poorly-maintained landscaping. Hopefully Ryo's plan could go as smoothly as he made it sound.

She took hurried steps forward until she could see the area Ryo was pointing out. Cobalt eyes widened slightly, and the urgency in his voice suddenly made sense. Noot was cowering, trying to hide his feathered face from the monsters that were drawing closer to him. Humanoid, bandaged, with small glints of steel or other metals jutting out all other their bodies. A couple of them dragged a leg or two as they inched forward, the sound of a blade tearing across the wooden floor matching the sounds of the others' disfigured hands scraping against the walls. They lurched and groaned like the floorboards underneath them, and Teion's stomach turned at the sight of them. But the sight of poor Noot had her legs pushing her towards them.

She dashed forward, almost freezing when she caught the creatures' attention. Pivoting on one side, her right leg spun around and the front of her boot crashed into one of the monster's spines with a both satisfying and disturbing crack, knocking it to the ground. Over its prone body, Jinx made a reappearance, hopping onto the creature's back and lunging at another while his fangs bared in a hiss. Teion shot forward, ignoring the rest of them to crouch to the ground and scoop the panicked penguin up in her arms. She turned, opting for a quick retreat while the monsters took clawed swipes at her. "Alright, time to go!" She called as she passed Ryo to head for the shattered window. She hurriedly tucked Noot into the hood of her cloak, urging the little guy to hold on. Getting a running start, she was able to get a solid grip on the windowsill and pull herself up, wincing whenever her limbs dragged over any remaining glass that shot pinpricks and tingles of discomfort through her system. "Okay, cool," She would mumble tiny words to herself to stay centered and keep her focus from straying as she pulled herself to the outside of the mansion. From the attic, she was able to get a grasp on the edge of the roof as Ryo instructed, using all of the strength in her virtual body to maneuver and climb and pull herself up. Her breathing was heavy, but before long she was crouched on the edge with one hand pressed firmly to the slanted surface below her and the other extended to help pull Ryo up to the same level. She was allowed another second here to catch her breath and come up with a plan. Finally able to take in the area around them, Teion squinted down at what looked like part of a greenhouse, a small garden, and a hedge maze on their side of the massive building. Her eyes danced over the scenery and she could hear a familiar name in a not-so-familiar voice. "Was that... Is that Jevi?" She thought aloud, working to scan the space below them for any sign of their friends.

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

Spencer's Location: Hedge Maze

Teion's Location: Attic Living Room

Ryo's Location: Attic Living Room

Hestia's Location: Foyer

Fake Teion: Attic
Fake Jevi: Dinning Room
Fake Hestia: Kitchen

Noot: Roof
Kuro: Second Floor Landing
Jinx: Roof

Traps Discovered:

Main Floor Statue

Vines At Green House
Animal Heads in the Den
Dolls in Children's Room
Creatures in Attic

"Oh sweet, innocent woman. How does it feel to see the woman you once loved, carve into someone who cares about you.... Love is a painful thing, you should have known better." The creature chuckled darkly, its eyes a crimson red. The creature looks away from Jevi, and sees Hestia in the main room, a look of disgust crosses her face. "That harmful b***h, she is messing up all of my plans.." The creature spit in her direction, but obviously it did not hit Hestia. Her attention switched to Teion and Ryo, gasping in rage, the two of them might ruin her plans in getting Jevi. "The slave trader?! And the [censored]!? How DARE THEY!" Another scream crosses the house, but almost pushes Teion and Ryo back into the attic with such force, the creature is not pleased.

Spencer ran forward at a speed he did not know that he had within him. He dashed through the paths, cursing at every dead end, and desperately trying to find his way through this never ending hedge maze.... but everything seemed the same. Spencer cocked his head in confusion, looking at the maze, and it seemed to just repeat itself again and again. "What the hell... I haven't even left the spot that I was at. How do I.." He thought out loud for a moment, then started to back up. taking each step backward, until he ran into something, or someone. "Aww... You've come back for me?" Ryo gave with a sadistic and grabbed Spencer by the throat, lifting him up off the ground.

@Hestia

Kuro perked up at the sound of its owner's voice, and dashed forward, desperately looking for her. Kuro ran around for a while, but ducked down around a corner and saw Hestia at the first floor, near the statue. The statue started to creak and moan, before coming active again, setting its sights on Hestia. It reared up for a swing, causing Kuro to growl in hatred, leaping from where it was on the second floor, to tackle Hestia, sliding along the floor, and barely out of reach of the statue. It swung down hard and cracked the floor of the mansion right in front of Hestia's feet, but that was as far as it could reach.

@Jevi

Opal giggled a bit looking at the dead body of Spencer on the floor. She spit on it in disgust and stepped over it, staring directly at Jevi. "OH my sweet, it has been so long... And to think, you wear a necklace of Opal just to keep me by your heart." She said, referring to the necklace that Spencer gave her at the Christmas party last year. She smiled wickedly, but nervously looked up at the mansion, when a screech echoed through it, "I think we will have such a good time together-" A scream in the maze cuts her off, sounding like Spencer, faintly, calling out for Jevi. The fake Opal growled and ran forward, grabbing Jevi by the throat. "Play times over, you get to die by my hand, but lets face it." She leans in. "It is about time you were taken out, you wont even get a single tear."

@Ryo and @Teion

A loud screech is heard from inside the room that Ryo is guarding, pounding on the door frame, it sounding in complete hatred an rage. "LET ME OUT!" It screamed and pounded harder, the wood groaning, then a soft crack could be heard. Chuckling, the creature hit again, a small splinter again. "Ooooh Ryo. This door wont hold for long." It, sounding like Teion, cooed through the door, pounding on it again, a small crack could be seen from the outside. "Let me out and I wont let her feel a thing as I gut her." It giggled and pounded again, one of the hinges cracking but not breaking. Outside, Teion could feel the push of the scream, almost throwing her back into the mansion. Out on the attic, Jevi was slowly being stocked by Opal, with Spencer on the ground, but in the distance, Spencer and Ryo could be scene, doing something.

Turning towards the statue i just stare it with a rather annoyed look as i can only wonder how many times will i put myself into this situation as i feel Kuro quickly tackle me as i look up towards him with a smile missing the fact that a weapon struct just in front of my feet as i pet his head gently and affectionately. Well who is my good Kuro you're such a good Lion! I say in a rather happy and loving tone towards him as i nuzzle my head against his as he lets out a low what i've come to learn happy rumble like purring sound as if trying to mimic a cat as i wrap my arms around him with a smile. You're such a good boy Kuro now can you get off me maybe? I ask him curiously as he just licks me along my face once before getting off of me but sticking much closer than usual as i smile over to him as i pet his head before i get back up onto my feet as i glance around the mansion trying to take inventory of what is even going on. Okay..so. Spencer is in the Garden thing that Jevi went into. Everyone else is gone like Hoodini all over this mansion. I'm not going back up cause at that point i'm just running around in a circle sooo...time to see if i can get myself in danger in a new way instead. I say to myself only to here a rather unpleased growl as i look down towards Kuro who gives me a rather pointed look of disapproval. Well excuse me Kuro i'm just trying to make light of this situation can you cut me some slack? I ask him as he just flaps his wings twice as i just sigh and let my head just lower ever so slightly in disappointment. Of course you would be a kill joy in that regard. I say as i feel him slap my leg with a paw as i give him a playful glare before moving on towards the other side of the Foyer away from the Hedge thing that Jevi and Spencer are in figuring that as long as one can find the other they'll be safeish since Spencer managed to escape this place once. 'I mean...i at least hope this place works like that.' I think in ever so slightly worry as i just brace myself for whatever is on the other side.

Yellow eyes grew in size, as her free hand slowly moved up towards her neck, where a pendant made of opal dangled. Thats right, Spencer had given this to her last Christmas, after he had seen how upset she was at Opal's death. Her hand balled into a fist around the opal, gripping tightly at the necklace before yanking it from her neck, the item disappearing into her inventory as an immediate reaction. That was the realization she needed to prove that this wasn't the real Opal.. which meant that wasn't the real Spencer. Jevi's eyes, which once held a look of confusion, despair, and sadness, turned to rage and anger as her brows lowered. "F*** you b****" she said before brandishing her curved weapon and rushing at the false woman. A random screech sounded out from the mansion, distracting the fake Opal for a moment. That gave Jevi the chance to rush forward and strike, though her assault proved fruitless as her blade simply crashed off of the fake Opal's armor as if it were made of stone. 

Piercing red eyes shot back to Jevi, and her hand followed, gripping around Jevi's throat. The unyielding pressure of the creature's cold, lifeless fingers tightened around the player's neck, lifting her up off of the ground. Jevi kicked her feet and pulled at Opal's hand to no avail, struggling to catch her breath. The green bar that hung in the corner of her vision very slowly began to deplete as the life was choked from her. 

Teion instinctively threw a hand up in front of her face to shield herself from the winds that whipped up around her. She winced at the sound of the piercing screech, and quickly ran her eyes over what she could see of the landscape below her once the air settled. Immediately, she was confused. Squinting, she could make out two sets of figures. Farther off, she thought she recognized Jevi. She was fighting with something--someone she couldn't place at all, and someone else was laying motionless beside them. Closer, she saw almost the same person, this time making them out as Spencer. That alone nearly had her head spinning, until she remembered the vision of Ryo she saw through the attic floorboards. Her eyes widened a bit as she spotted yet another image of Ryo, cornering Spencer below. 'What's taking him so long?' She positioned herself to peek back through the shattered window, quickly spotting Ryo still barring the door that shuddered behind him. She opened her mouth, about to urge him to follow her outside, but something stopped her. Instead, she called through in a more casual manner. "Hey hunny, that's still you in there, right?" She paused, whether his response would be quizzical or humorous. A smirk would play on her lips regardless, "Your doppelganger's out here bullying Spencer, I'm gonna go beat him up." Before she pulled back and repositioned herself on the rooftop, she called back and added on, "You can see the hedge maze from out here. Meet me there, okay?!"

She disappeared from the window again, pressing her palms against the roof to steady herself. Turning her chin to one shoulder, she spoke softly to reassure the little penguin that was tucked into her hood. "We're gonna go rescue your dad now, okay? Just hang on tight!" Reaching behind her to retrieve her battleaxe, Teion stood herself up carefully and felt her stomach turn. "Fall damage isn't a thing, right?" She asked herself in a nervous mutter. Taking a deep breath, the violette kept her eyes on her target--the man with his hand at Spencer's neck. She pushed off, dropping down towards the pair while her axe came down from over her shoulder. She let out a small yell and a grunt at the impact when she landed, her steel cleaving into the fake Ryo's torso and driving deep. "How many copies are you gonna make, huh?! It's getting obnoxious!" She shouted into the air as she rose to her feet.

Ryo leapt back as the door splintered even further. His hand dashed to his blade. The door blew open, splinters bouncing off the floor as the door hung off of one hinge. Ryo drew his blade, it's blade shining silver from the pale moonlight. He didn't look up as teion called out to him. "Nawh love, still here. About to kill you though, so that's a shame." He said readying an attack for the doppelganger that stood before him. "Alright dear, have fun. Play safe. [censored] me up." Ryo said calmly as he rushed at the creature.

Ryo slid to a stop and quickly brought his blade up, then down for a crossing slash but his blade was caught by the beast and he was tossed aside. Ryo rolled backwards onto his feet, and stood up proudly. He rotated his sheathe and put away his katana and waited. The fake Teion took a step forward and lunged, a hand becoming a large mass of black oozing tendrils. Ryo reacted and drew his blade with blinding speed, throwing the incoming blow backwards. With fake Teion's arms in the air, Ryo turned and jabbed his blade backwards. A solid thunk, followed by a squish was drowned out by the cascading scream that echoed in the empty attic.

Ryo turned, and flicked his blade cleaning it of any goop that was still on it. He turned around to look at the creature he had slain. It's body decomposed rapidly, turning into a bubbling black mush before evaporating entirely leaving no trace. Ryo said nothing, but quickly gave the ground where the corpse was a spit as he sheathed his blade and ran to the window.

Climbing up to the roof, Teion was nowhere to be seen. Looking around, he could see the familiar outline of Teion attacking a shadow copy of himself. She had that covered, Noot and Spencer were safe. His eyes scanned for anyone else from his troop. No one, he found no one. Ryo leapt down from the roof, landing with a solid thud and rolling to a kneeling position. "Hey love, miss me?" Ryo said, out of breath from the exhilaration that was the leap from the roof. Ryo turned to Spencer, and studied him closely to make sure it was the real Spencer. "Yo, it's me. Where the rest?" Ryo asked, wanting to know where everyone else was at.

• 7 months later...
Spoiler

Spencer's Location: Maze

Teion's Location: Maze

Ryo's Location: Maze

Fake Teion: Dead
Fake Jevi: Foyer

Noot: Maze
Kuro: Foyer
Jinx: Maze

Traps Discovered:

Main Floor Statue

Vines At Green House
Animal Heads in the Den
Dolls in Children's Room
Creatures in Attic

Dark red eyes watched the players as they traversed through the mansion, the pupils dilating in anger. What... WHAT! How, how are they all still alive! They should be broken, defeated, DEAD. It has been Decades since I have feasted on ANYTHING, if I don't eat now.... No. I will get them, they will be ended. Starting with Her- The creature gasps and fell to the floor, a shooting pain causing her eyes to close for a moment. The creature late still for a moment, she was still alive, but something was injuring her, or someone. Almost as quickly as she collapsed, she woke up again, a gasp came from her mouth, sucking all the heat from the room. "COME BACK TO ME." She yelled, the shadows slowly draining away from where they were, now reforming, growing.

@Spencer @Teion @Ryo

Spencer was gasping for air, was. As his vision was getting blurry, and his health bar was slowly starting to drain away, he couldn't think about much, other than the fact that he was ending his life as he was becoming happy again, happier than he had been since he started this game, since before he met his family. However, not all hope was lost. As his health was going away, a familiar purple-haired duo lept forth from where they were, and came to a crashing halt, on top of the fake Ryo. Spencer gasp and fell back, coughing as air swiftly returned to his lungs. "T-Teion! Ryo- wait nope don't trust you." He said and shakily stood up, still breathing heavily. Spencer slowly walked forward and gave a little wack with his war hammer. When the metal doesn't go through, he gives a sigh of relief. "Oh thank Christ. Why did I have to suggest coming back here, why am I like this. Why do I attract so many traps." Spencer looks down at the figure of Ryo underneath the woman, trying to move from the ground. However, its form was keeping. It flickered in and out of human and shadow, not able to keep itself correct. A high pitched scream pierced the silence of the maze as the shadow figure melted into black ooze, flowing back to the mansion.

@Hestia

Slowly behind Hestia, Jevi approached, but her mouth was broken into a smile that dragged all the way up to her ears. "Oh Hestia.... I'm c-" Jevi's frame froze, collapsed, and seized on the floor. The form of Jevi flickering between darkness and human-like before letting out a similar high pitched wail, then melting away into a black ooze, slowly creeping towards the center of the Foyer.

@Jevi

As Jevi's health bar slowly started to trickle down, a crooked smile covered Opal's face. "See, you're useless and weak, unable to even stop me. And I'm dead." Opal giggled a bit, but took in a gasp before falling down to the ground, her grip on Jevi releasing. Opal's body seized and flickered for a moment before letting out a third wail, drifting into the ground into a black ooze as, alike the rest. slowly flowing towards to Mansion.

Ryo rubbed the back of his head as the Warhammer bounced off his head. "Yeah, it's me ya' dingus." He said, chuckling at the man. He looked down at the creature held captive beneath Teion. "Now, to deal with this carbon copy of mysel-" But Ryo was cut off as the shrill shriek pierced the otherwise silent nightscape. Ryo jammed his blade into the ground where the shadow was, but it was too late. The shadow turned into a black tendril like mist and fled towards the mansion.

Ryo dived after the shadow, it's tendrils slipping through his gloved hand as Ryo slid into the loose dirt kicking it up around him. "Dammit, it got away." He stood up, and dusted himself off looking towards the mansion. "I Don't think we're quite out of the woods yet." He said sheathing his katana. "Spencer, Darling. Let's find the others." He said, making his way towards the mansion.

@Teion @Spencer

Hearing a voice i turn my head to see the dark skinned girl and smiles happy to see at least something i recognize and then the horrified shrieking and the turning into a puddle of shadow occurred as i just blink and nods my head accepting this as normal by this point. However, even then the sense of dread and uncertainty that hangs over myself from seeing something that looked like it came straight out of a nightmare of my own design i just take a calming breathe closing my eyes as i whisper softly towards myself while gripping tightly onto my sword and shield. Okay hest. Keep it together you have people to protect. You can't fail them like you failed...no need to think about that no need to give the monster fuel. I whisper softly to myself as i make my way forward as i open up the door towards the foyer without hesitation as i can only watch as the shadow seemingly travel towards this point in the place as i just nod my head. Welp if something big is going down i might as well prepare...do i howl at it? Do i attack it? Is there even a operation for this? F***** it. I say in frustration getting tired of this mansion and everything it stands i just slam the pommel of my blade against my shield and activates howl in combination. Then just simply tosses the howl out in every direction i can. Holy Dragons come towards the Foyer it's time to deal with this threat that has been terrorizing us! I shout as loud as i can and i can only hope howl enhances my voice and people can hear me as i am totally unprepared and uncertain what this thing can do.

Trembling fingers rose to grasp at the hand that slowly choked the life out of her. The pain was nonexistent, but the threat of death was still very much present as her health bar continued to trickle down lower and lower. The curved sword that Jevi brandished against the vision of Opal clanged to the ground below her dangling feet as he continuously attempted to pry herself free from this evil form's grip. Despite how much strength she mustered, Opal's fingers were like stones; cold and unmoving. Golden eyes clamped shut, nearly giving in to the inevitable death she was going to face at the hands of this demon.

The pressure was finally released from her throat, dropping the brunette to the ground. Jevi rubbed at her throat, which held bright red wound marks from Opal's fingers, coughing and gasping for breath. Opal's form flickered from the image of the woman she once knew to a black ooze, similar to the monster that trapped them all here in the first place before releasing an inhuman scream and splattering into the ground. The strange substance then made its way back towards the mansion with haste.

With a few deep breaths, Jevi finally rose back to her feet and shoved her sword back into her scabbard. "I've just about had it with this damn place..." she said under her breath. From the mansion, she could hear Hestia's booming voice, summoning all of them back to the mansion so they could finish this thing off once and for all. With an expression as cold as the hands that were wrapped around her neck not moments earlier, Jevi stormed back towards the mansion the way she came... if she could find her way back. After traveling through different sized hedges, hoping she could find her way, Jevi stumbled upon another three figures. Hiding herself around the corner, Jevi peeked around at the forms of Ryo, Teion, and Spencer, all standing together. I can't be so sure that they're really them... it might be those shadow things...

@Spencer @Teion @Ryo

Teion smirked as Ryo appeared on the scene after her, and failed to hold in a chuckle when Spencer tapped him on the head with his warhammer for good measure. She had most of her weight leaning onto the staff of her battleaxe, the sharpened edge driven into the dirt to pin the monstrous Ryo in place. As it flickered and faltered, Teion wrenched her weapon only after its form melted away and slipped past her heavy blade. "Dammit." She scoffed as their quarry got away from them.

The sound of soft cries behind her ear caught her attention, and Teion hurriedly remembered her tiny passenger. "Oh, Spencer, I brought you a present." Her smile turned crooked as she reached back towards her hood. She scooped Noot up in one hand and then presented the baby familiar who was wriggling in anticipation after seeing his father's face again. Noot was practically scrambling out of Teion's hand, ready to jump the distance between them.

After the trio had a moment's rest, she let out a sigh and leaned back onto the pole of her axe. "So, do we have any idea where our big bad is?" She asked, raising an eyebrow between Ryo and Spencer. Teion was far from okay after the torture she'd endured in the attic, but both of her closest friends being nearby kept the band-aids on for just a while longer. Her stomach turned as the thought of everything surfaced for a moment, and she stole a worried glance towards Ryo before shaking it off again. Her fears were going to eat her up inside until she found the courage to talk about them, but that was just going to have to wait.

"Uhh... We should probably find the others, too." She forced herself to keep speaking. "I saw Jevi for a minute after everyone split up, but lost her on the second floor."

• 4 weeks later...
Spoiler

Spencer's Location: Maze

Teion's Location: Maze

Ryo's Location: Maze

Fake Teion: Dead
Fake Jevi: Foyer

Noot: Maze
Kuro: Foyer
Jinx: Maze

Traps Discovered:

Main Floor Statue

Vines At Green House
Animal Heads in the Den
Dolls in Children's Room
Creatures in Attic

For the moment, she laid dormant for the five of them. Waiting.

Spencer gasped happily and grabbed his penguin, holding him tightly, tearing up a little. "[censored].... I thought I was going to get killed. I would have lost all my character development too." He laughed a bit and wiped away a tear from his face. He looked over the two with him, catching a worried look between the two of them. What happened to them? I mean I was threatened by a fake Ryo using my old feelings and insecurities against me to get me to breakdown and let myself be killed... Okay no I think I have an idea of what happened. He stood up and put Noot into his shirt, smiling and patting the Penguin's head. "I think the Big Bad is in the mansion.... Wait, what about the other four? Jomei, Telrenya, Ruby, and Kairi? They're still in the mansion, Maybe Hestia found them? Or maybe...." His voice trailed off. He put on a determined look, got his shield out, and began the trek through the maze. 

@Jevi @Teion@Ryo@Hestia