[F4-PP] Do you believe in coincidences?

Kataware thought of the guild name as ironic since it sort of resembled her given name, depending on the how literally someone took her name. Although she has been told that her given name literally means “East”, however her family interpreted it as “Dawn”, especially since her parents had found her as the sun was just starting to rise above the horizon. However, this was a back-of-the-mind thought, one that she understood was coincedental and held no deeper meaning.

Kataware would, at the very least, like to join any guild to start off with. There weren’t too many that weren’t private in the first place (often times just being a group of friends solidifying their pact together), so she didn’t really care much about climbing the ladder when it came to guild rankings. However, if joining the guild helped her, she’d do it in a heartbeat. “If it’s possible, I’d like to meet the friend of yours within the guild. At least, it’s not too much of a bother.”

Eatos smiled down at Angel as the Husky rubbed against its owners leg. The other girl was seemingly lost in throught and, so allowing her to explore her own mind, she opted to simply let the other girl think. After all, even if a decision like this was easily retractable, people still saw it as a hugely important thing.

While she let the other girl stew in her mind, she did ask her own question.  Why was she doing this? Pretending to not be who she was, a member of a guild she started? It was something she had been doing a lot recently, and she couldn’t understand why. Maybe she would understand soon, but even now, she didn’t bother to change herself.

“So you do want to join…?” Eatos asks, her amber eyes turning onto the other girl as a wave of cold air moves in. Despite the cold wave, Eatos felt no cold despite not wearing winter clothes “I can talk to them, but…are you sure that you wanna sign up for a guild?”

Kataware met Eatos’ gaze and uttered only a single word, “Yes.” Kataware had already made up her mind a long time ago. Although she preferred to operate by herself as an individual, she grew up to be accustomed to being part of a team.

The gust of freezing air took the hood of her green parka off of Kataware’s head. Her usually ponytailed, brown hair was untidy as the billowing wind continued to blow its arctic air through Frostbite Lake. Her hair was let-down, and she touched the hood of her parka for a second, almost wondering if this would be a common occurence. Kataware, remembering that occurrence at the inn that, decided that she had enough of and removed her hand from the hood of her parka, moving it towards her hair. She grabbed the bulk of her hair in a bunch and began to fashion her hair into her signature ponytail. “Much better.”

The word yes, for Eatos, signalled only one thing. The time for deception was over. Kataware had agreed to join a guild, her guild. She watched carefully as the other girl made an…odd move. She took her hair and started to make it into a pony tail. What interested Eatos about it was that having your hair down, like the bluenette did herself, was simply a better option against the cold. It acted as a buffer. It was something worth looking into at the very least.

Eatos took a step forwards and offered the girl her hand to shake. Once taken, she would smile softly “Well, Kataware. I am the member of that guild. In fact, I’m one of the co-founders of it” She smiled slightly. The deception wasn’t needed by any means, she was just somewhat curious about it of recent.

“And given our conversation, I’d be more than happy to accept you into the Guardians Kata”

• 3 weeks later...

Kataware was unsure why Eatos was offering her hand for a handshake. A few possibilities came to mind. In Kataware’s mind, it was entirely possible that Eatos was simply going to part ways and this was her way of saying goodbye, or possibly to signify that Eatos will try her best to talk to her friends in the guild, or another option not already said. Thus, Kataware ended up taking Eatos’ hand.

However, Kataware wasn’t expecting the words that came out of Eatos’ mouth. Kataware couldn’t understand the blunette’s reasoning, however she decided to waive it as it seemed pointless to debate the reasons. It may have been the result of distrust and selective screening methods from her guild. However, there were dozens of other possible reasons why Eatos had done this, and all of them were just as likely.

When Eatos invited Kataware into the Guardians of the New Dawn, Kataware accepted it wholeheartedly. “I’d love to.”

Eatos let out an internal breath that she had been holding. Despite having all her current issues, she could still manage to talk to others, and perhaps there was still hope for herself. But then again, Kataware had come out here with every intention in joining a guild. Perhaps it was the eagerness of the other girl, not her own skill, that had resulted in another person joining the guild?

“Welcome aboard Kataware. And I do apologise for my deception, most people act differently around me when the fact I run a guild. They act like the only thing I care for, to rally people with us. So I’ve started not mentioning I was the leader for it” She glanced down at Angel, and smiled at the Husky, before slowly returning the look to the other girl.

“I should introduce you to the other members of the guild at some point. There are three leaders, myself, Stryder and Hei. And there are a good dozen members who I’m sure you will meet in the coming times. I’m gunna stay here and play with Angel, you’re welcome to stay with us Kata…”

“I see,” Kataware had a matter-of-factly tone. She understood the feeling of wanting to separate work and personal life. Having had to strike a balance between the two, she understood that it was mostly just easier of keeping them separate while incorporating both of them into day-to-day activities.

However, Kataware became uncharacteristically self-conscious about her level in accordance with the mention of the other guild members. Although she didn’t really care much about where she stood, she realized that being at the bottom rung of the ladder was almost never a good thing. Possibly gain some more levels before I actually introduce myself? Kataware just knew that from now on, she’d have to work even harder than usual in order to catch up to everyone. That would have to start now.

“Thanks for the offer, but I have to go do some stuff right now. I’ll see you later.” Kataware said putting on her gloves and her parka once more before leaving Eatos behind. Hopefully, it wasn’t the last time she saw her in this world.

<< Topic Rewards and Transactions:

Spoiler

Kataware:

• Eligble for 1 Page worth of SP/Col
    • +1 SP
    • +400 Col

Eatos:

• Transferable rewards (i.e. Col) deferred to Kataware

>>