[F01 - Alchemy Lab] Rithe's Remedies (Closed: for personal use only)

Rithe had found it. Finally. The area given to her for her new profession. 

The path to this apothecary is a confusing one. It winds through the alleys and forgotten passages of the Town of Beginnings, in a dark alley almost devoid of light. The entrance is a heavy steel with a single circular brass knocker, slight inset into the ground, with steps leading down from the ally. The laboratory itself is sunken under an abandoned structure, effectively replacing its basement. The walls are made of layered stones, serving to keep the space relatively cool even during hot temperatures. The walls are hold shelves with all manner of jars, vials, mixtures, ingredients, and bottles. The alchemical bench rests against the far wall with additional items and materials, as well as the tools of the trade. The only evidence that someone uses this place is a well-worn bedroll laying on the smoothed stone floor by the door. 

Statistics relevant to alchemy:

Spoiler
  • [52/79 EXP] Rank 3 - Experienced Alchemist: Able to craft Tier 3 equipment. 4 crafts per day.
  • Salves (Available at Rank 1)
  • Potions (Available at Rank 3):  Liquids that are typically stored in a glass or crystal vial. They have a variety of uses for both combat and when crafting.

Rank 3
CD:

[1] = Critical failure (Lose materials)
    [2-4] = Fail (Lose materials)
    [5-7] = Salvage (Keep materials on LD 11+)
    [8-10] = Uncommon item (1 slot)
    [11] = Rare item (2 slots)
    [12] = Perfect item (3 slots)

LD:
    [1-15] = No additional items.

[16-20] = Yields 1 additional item.

Material expenditures history:

Spoiler

Day 1 crafting: -2 T1 Materials

Day 2 crafting: -1 T1 Materials

Day 3 crafting: -1 T1 Materials

Day 4 crafting: -1 T1 Materials

Day 5 crafting: -2 T1 Materials

Day 6 crafting: -3 T1 Materials

Day 7 crafting: -2 T1 Materials

Day 8 crafting: -3 T1 Materials

Day 9 crafting: - 3 T1 Materials

Day 10 crafting: -4 T1 Materials

Item Inventory:

Spoiler

Perfect Rithe-brand Restoration Salve: Heals 60 HP with a post action

(x3)Uncommon Rithe-brand Restoration Salve: Heals 20 HP with a post action

Rare Rithe-brand Antidote Salve: relieves 2 turns worth of negative status effects

(x2)Uncommon Rithe-brand Antidote Salve: relieves 1 turn worth of negative status effects

Rare Rithe-brand Poison Salve: relieves 2 turns worth of negative status effects

Uncommon Rithe-brand Carapace Potion: adds 5 points to the user's mitigation

Edited by Rithe

Day One

Rithe opens up the door to her workshop, stumbling a little down the steps, before closing it behind her. I don't think I'm ready to open up to the public just yet. Taking a breath of the stagnant air, she sets out to take stock of what she has. Plenty of shelving with ample space for containers and completed items, as well as the numerous 'potion-ready' ingredients. Sitting down at the synthesis table, Rithe removes a material from her inventory and places it before herself. Hmm. Let's makes some ointments.

ID# 104024 results: Craft: 4(failure, material lost) Loot: 5(N/A) [+1 EXP]

ID# 104025 results: Craft: 12(perfect success!) Loot: 2(no multiples) [+8 EXP]

Finally, Rithe gently scoops the completed ointment into a jar for storage. This healing salve will definitely come in handy at some point. 

Edited by Rithe
craft roll

Day Two

The pot begins to boil, bubbles surfacing on an indescribable solution. Rithe absentmindedly stirs it with a ladle, while reading a document in her menu. And then I just pour it out? Just.. Onto the table.These instructions are bizarre. Rithe removes the ladle and looks back at the pot. The part of the wooden spoon that was under the liquid was now missing, as if it were dissolved. She quickly looks back to the document. That wasn't supposed to happen... Rithe shrugs, tossing the destroyed ladle aside and proceeding to dump the contents directly onto the alchemy table. An interesting event occurs...

ID# 104047 results: Craft: 9(failure, salvageable) Loot: 20(material salvaged)

ID# 104048 results: Craft: 1(critical failure, material lost) Loot: 20(N/A)

The liquid drips like a thick syrup onto the table, puddling in the center of it. Nothing appears to happen. Great. At least it didn't destroy my table.

Edited by Rithe
Craft Roll.

Day Three

Rithe examines her newest creation, which looks very suspiciously like an ordinary rock. Perfect, it's perfect. Now to just extract the elixir. Ever so delicately, she pierces the side of this stone with an chisel. Cracks spiderweb across the rock and it falls to pieces, inside is a collection of small gray pebbles. Wait... what?! Wasn't their a... Rithe rummages around in her inventory hastily, before returning to the pebbles with a face of irritation. This isn't a liquid! How am I supposed to... Oh. Oooh. She gets up from her seat and heads to a nearby shelf. This might do the trick.

ID# 104058 results: Craft: 7(failure, salvageable) Loot: 18(material salvaged)

ID# 104059 results: Craft: 6(failure, salvageable) Loot: 8(material lost)

This should do it. Rithe was very surprised to discover, that when the steam cleared, the pebbles had vanished. She face-palms. I should have used the weaker acid...

Edited by Rithe
Craft Roll.

Day Four

Rithe wiped the sweat off of her forehead, this mix is getting hotter than I anticipated. A cauldron steams and bubbles, sending a revolting aroma that might be described best as roadkill. Rithe takes a flask from the shelf, examines the contents, and dumps it onto the floor. Didn't need that anyway. The pot begins to boil over, alerting Rithe. Uh oh. Well, here's the moment of truth. She takes the now empty flask back to her workbench, and pours the molten liquid into it. 

ID# 104092 results: Craft: 9(failure, salvageable) Loot: 1(material lost)

ID# 104093 results: Craft: 8(failure, salvageable) Loot: 19(material salvaged)

Rithe should have expected this, but it still upset her. She discarded the now destroyed flask, and began cleaning up the mess. Maybe next time.

Edited by Rithe
Craft Roll.

Day Five

I'm glad I found this crystal before sunset. Who would've guessed that it would be under the tree bark. She thinks, laughing to herself. Now I just have to be very careful here, this thing already chipped when it fall from the tree. And it would be disastrous if it broke. Rithe set it gingerly on the table, and rushing off to grab a jar full a reactive powder-like substance. Good, good. It didn't break while I wasn't looking.

ID# 104148 results: Craft: 7(failure, salvageable) Loot: 6(Material Lost)

ID# 104149 results: Craft: 1(critical failure) Loot: 1(N/A)

Rithe coats the crystal with the powder and remembers something: Wait, where's the... As she turns to look, she trips and drops the powdered crystal and smashing it across the floor. Crap.

Edited by Rithe
Craft Roll.

Day Six

It appears that Rithe has developed in her alchemical abilities, haven become an apprentice apothecary, rather than the beginner she was previously. Rithe toils at her workstation for hours on end, trying to find a more effective formula than the last. Trying to perfect her craft through diligence. Sometimes disasters would occur, and she would have to start from scratch. Other times miracles blessed her, and gave her just enough confidence to keep trying. Today's outcome however, remains to be seen. Rithe was picking up the fragments of some material she had carelessly dropped when she notices something...

ID# 104209 results: Craft: 3(failure) Loot: 4(N/A)

ID# 104210 results: Craft: 4(failure) Loot: 18(N/A)

ID# 104211 results: Craft: 8(failure, salvageable) Loot: 8(material lost)

A roach, crawls across the floor, startling Rithe and backing up her research by a full week until she was convinced it had disappeared.

Edited by Rithe
Craft Roll.

Day Seven

She was steadily running out of ingredients. Rithe scoured her shelves for what she was looking for, but couldn't find it. I must have used it already. She sits down hard on the stone floor. This isn't good. At this rate, I'm going to lose a lot of materials. She looks over at the mixing pot, noticing it cracking apart along its sides. Small drops of a green solution leak from the stress damage cracks. Rithe lays down prone and looks under her inventory shelves, scanning for anything useful. Haha~ I got it! She stands back up, a small vial in hand and approaches the alchemical station.

ID# 104270 results: Craft: 4(failure) Loot: 16(N/A)

ID# 104271 results: Craft: 7(failure, salvageable) Loot: 19(Material Salvaged)

ID# 104272 results: Craft: 9(uncommon success) Loot: 17(No additional item)

Quickly she applies the paste from the vial to the outside of the cauldron. Immediately, the paste burns through the container and mixes with the solution inside. A mush of green, black, and white goo is plastered across the table. I can work with this.

Edited by Rithe
Craft Roll.

Day Eight

Due to her recent quest, Rithe found her stock of materials somewhat restored. This was a massive relief, allowing her to maintain her profession for at least a few more days, before needing to venture out and collect more materials. Rithe pours some water in her cauldron to prepare for today's crafting. I wonder what I should make this time around. She seemed mildly upset as she thought about this. I wish I knew how to make something other than salves. They have their uses, but I'd much rather be making crafter's respite potions or teleport crystals. Rithe sighed and sat down in front of the cauldron with her ingredients. She turns up the temperature, bringing the water to a boil.

ID# 104364 results: Craft: 9(uncommon success) Loot: 10(no additional item)

ID# 104365 results: Craft: 9(uncommon success) Loot: 11(no additional item)

ID# 104366 results: Craft: 9(uncommon success) Loot: 6(no additional item)

Rithe seems pleased as she lifts the completed sludge from the cauldron, placing it into a jar for further use. Today was rather productive.

Edited by Rithe
Craft Roll.

Day Nine

Rithe is sleeping on the floor, wrapped up in her jacket, trying to keep out the cold during the night. The solution she was brewing caused the surroundings to get cold, but was taking longer than she expected. If I wait until morning, the reaction should be completed. She shivers, If I don't freeze solid before then. Some time passes, but the situation doesn't improve. Okay, fine. Rithe stands, shuddering as she moves around her workshop, desperate for some temperature-increasing additive. 

ID# 104467 results: Craft: 11(Rare Success) Loot: 1(no additional item)

ID# 104468 results: Craft: 2(failure) Loot: 16(N/A)

ID# 104469 results: Craft: 9(uncommon success) Loot: 3(no additional item)

An hour later, the room is at a more acceptable temperature. I was worried that it wouldn't work in time. She looks in the cauldron, and smiles. But it seems to have accelerated the reaction also. She lifts a small rock out of the cauldron, cracks it on the edge of the pot like an egg and pours the resulting liquid into a clay jar.

Edited by Rithe
Craft Roll.

Day Ten

Finally, I can make some potions. No more salves, no more pastes, no more ointments. Rithe let out a long sigh and sank into her workshop chair, lazily eying her critically low stock of materials. I should have enough for today, but then I'll need to get outside and find some more. She straightens up and prepares the cauldron for its first potion, lighting the flames beneath it and preemptively setting a crystal vial nearby. 

ID# 104537 results: Craft: 3(failure) Loot: 10(N/A)

ID# 104538 results: Craft: 9(Uncommon success) Loot: 1(No additional item)

ID# 104539 results: Craft: 6(failure, salvageable) Loot: 2(Material Lost)

ID# 104540 results: Craft: 1(critical failure) Loot: 8(N/A)

It was all a waste. Potions? Ha! What made me think I could make something that advanced? She looks disdainfully into the heavily damaged pot. I could use what little is left... But ultimately, is it worth it? She reaches behind her for the vial, knocking it off of the table and shattering it across the floor. Wonderful. 

Edited by Rithe
Craft Roll.