[f01 - pp] A tusk by any other name (would still be just as hard to find) <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>> (Rithe)

Awateru backed up a little bit out of the fight. Though her reckless maneuver helped get one hit in, she didn't want to be caught off guard any longer. She continued to analyze the boars moves, hoping she could figure out how to defeat it easier. Perhaps there was some sort of pattern to it, at least one that was exploitable. She figured that there would be that sort of styling on the bosses, but didn't know how far down the chain of power that idea would go. After looking at it for a bit, she couldn't see anything that would tip her off to there being any sort of pattern. It seemed to just be an erratic sort of fighter, mostly charging at its opponents. It was fairly useless information, and Awateru wished she had just kept up her assault, then the boar might actually be dead by now instead still a threat to them.

Spoiler

ID# 104471 results:

BD: 2 + 2 = 4 - miss

CD: 11 - recovery

[H: 1] @Rithe: HP: 93/100 - ENG: 0/10

[H: 1] @Tsuisuta: HP: 97/100 - ENG: 9/10 (+1 regen; -2 miss; +1 recovery)

Boar Pup: 2/5 HP - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all her motivational thoughts, she simply could not strike the beast. It danced away when she got close, and rushed forward when she got too far. This was driving her up the wall, as she kept dodging and missing. Tsuisuta's back out again, hopefully she can figure out the best way to approach this. She almost thought about how nice it must be to be taking a break, but Rithe reminds herself that the last time her ally did this, she was remarkably successful with the following attack. Maybe I should do that then? She looks bitterly at the pursuing boarIf this thing would ever give me a chance. Her knife wasn't working as well as she would have liked, but it wasn't something that she could just solve. She eyes the handwraps on her companion's fists, noting how accurate they seemed to be. I need to get myself something like that. 

Spoiler

ID# 104477 results:

Battle: 1(critical miss)

MOB: 7(hit) 3 raw damage - 9 mitigation = 1 final damage

[H: 1] @Rithe: HP: 92/100 - ENG: 0/10 (+1 -2 EN)

[H: 1] @Tsuisuta: HP: 97/100 - ENG: 9/10 

Edited by Rithe
Combat!!

With her analysis complete, Awateru decided she may as well keep up with what she as already doing. As far as she could tell, there was nothing that would help the two of them take this beast out any faster than they already were. If anything, she had been slowing things down. Of course, it may have helped, though it turned out that risk did not come with a reward. She rushed in and dealt a killing blow to the boar pup, taking it down quite nicely. She looked around where she took it out, and still couldn't find a tusk to loot. It was beginning to get quite frustrating, not finding any of the tusks that they needed. If there was any luck left for ewither of them, they would be able to get through this task before the day was over. They had already relocated once, so that wasn't it. Perhaps there were other factors, though Awateru didn't have a clue where to start.

Spoiler

ID: #104478 results:

BD: 4 + 2 = 6 - hit (2 damage)

CD: 4 - no recovery

[H: 1] @Rithe: HP: 92/100 - ENG: 0/10

[H: 2] @Tsuisuta: HP: 97/100 - ENG: 9/10  (+1 regen; -1 hit)

Boar Pup: 0/5 HP - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

Loot: #104479 - LD: 9 - no tusk (2/6)

Letting loose a breath she had been keeping for the whole fight, Rithe sits down, right on the grass. "Great. Maybe there was only two..." Rithe looked to her ally with a look of exhaustion across her face. Not exhaustion from exertion but rather from the perpetual cycle of fighting followed by disappointment. She sheathes her knife, and then laying down on the grass, looking at the skies of floor one. Maybe, we should use something, something that might give us an edge. She opens her menu while on her back, and scrolls to her potions. The damage potion from the quest before this... "Hey Tsuisuta. Maybe you could use this." Rithe sits up and tosses her ally a Tier One damage potion. "I'm giving you mine, so you don't have to think about wasting your own." She says before laying back down. "You seem to be the one here pulling the weight, so I thought you could use a little boost." 

Spoiler

Trade: Rithe -> Tsuisuta

T1 Damage Potion(+1 damage)

Consumed 1x Uncommon Damage Potion (+1 damage for one thread)

With yet another boar down, Awateru decided it might be high time to take a quick breather. The two of them had been at this for quite some time, and had yet to make any progress besides the two tusks found relatively early on. Seeing that her ally was offering the damage potion, Awateru quickly caught it and unstoppered it. "Thanks, let's hope that this will actually help in the end." She drank it, and felt the sickly sweet taste go down her throat. She really wasn't sure what to expect when it came to taste. What she did feel was a power rushing through her. It gave a small boost of confidence, but also made Awateru feel like there was a new strength going through her. She stood up, ready to take on some more boars. "Don't know how long this will last, so let's take these boars out as fast as we can."

Spoiler

ID: #104483 - LD: 11 - no chest

[H: 0] @Rithe: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 1/10

[H: 0] @Tsuisuta: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 10/10  (+1 regen)

(included out of combat regen for health plus the 1 regen for energy to both of us)

Rithe smiles as she notices her ally's newfound determination. This was the right choice, I think. "Let's see what you can do." she says with a smirk. She gets to her feet and stretches, looking around at the surrounding fields, looking for a lonesome boar. Rithe's faith in the success of this quest gradually increases as the two party-members target another lone boar, and begin circling. She charges forward first, hoping to wither down its health enough so that Tsuisuta can eliminate it in a single hit. 

But just as it had been before, both Rithe and the boar clashed uselessly against each-other. It ultimately would've been smarter to wait, and let Tsuisuta get the first hit, She thinks as she fights to a standstill against the animal. She, at least, can hit the thing. Her dagger doesn't quite have the reach necessary to slice the boar, as it runs around Rithe, just far enough away. This monster's strategy was making her dizzy, the world starting to spin. 

Spoiler

ID# 104505 results:

Battle: 3(miss)

MOB: 4(miss)

[H: 0] @Rithe: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 0/10 (+1 -2 EN)

[H: 0] @Tsuisuta: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 10/10

Boar Pup: 5/5 HP - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

Edited by Rithe
Combat!!

Awateru collected herself, letting Rithe do the talking for now. Giving a smirk back, Awateru walks along with Rithe to go find the next boar. It doesn't take them long to find another one, as they seem to be plentiful in this field. Though she was worried that there would be a significantly lower population of boar pups when they were finally done with this quest, they were certainly not going to have much troubles taking them down it seemed. As Rithe tangled with the boar pup, Awateru quickly found her opportunity to strike, knocking it away from the both of them. Though it didn't kill it like she had hoped, Awateru could feel the increase of energy. She had never thrown a punch quite like that. "That potion really does make a difference. Let's see if we can take this boar down now, shall we?" She didn't want to stall while under the effects of this potion, so she kept pressing forward onto the pup.

Spoiler

ID: #104514

BD: 6 + 2 = 8 - hit

CD: 2 - no recovery

[H: 0] @Rithe: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 0/10 (+1 -2 EN)

[H: 1] @Tsuisuta: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 9/10 (-1 hit)

The punch drained the beast of 60% of its health in an instant, the damage potion yielding its strength to Tsuisuta. Rithe blinked as the monster that was in front of her, vanished, flying away from the party of two. She takes a moment to steady herself, wobbling a little from the residual dizziness. I'm not really contributing much here am I? She staggers backwards as her companion pursues the monster with her substantial power boost. Rithe stares in awe at the aggressiveness of her ally, almost forgetting to assist.  "Right behind you." She says as she runs after the fighters trying to get a lucky cut in with her dagger. 

She hits it, miraculously, but didn't wound it enough to kill it, just enough to make it upset with her. The animal turned full circle and rushed at Rithe who was caught off-guard, and took a tusk to the leg (again).

Spoiler

ID# 104536 results:

Battle: 6(hit) 1 final damage

MOB: 10(super critical hit) 3 raw damage + 2 crit - 9 mitigation = 1 final damage

[H: 1] @Rithe: HP: 99/100 - ENG: 0/10 (+1 -1 EN)

[H: 1] @Tsuisuta: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 9/10

Boar Pup: 1/5 HP - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

Edited by Rithe
Combat!!

Awateru let Rithe get her own hit in, not wanting to hurt herself hitting back to back with her fists. Though they seemed to be effective, she was unsure whether or not she could cause harm to herself with them. She hadn't seen her health bar drain from it, but she was definitely feeling the impacts she was causing. Once Rithe had struck the boar, she went in and threw another punch at the boar. Maybe it was the potion helping or just her getting a little lucky, but Awateru didn't feel like it was that hard to hit the boar this time. It shattered like all the others, and Awateru looked around for a tusk. She double checked, but there was none to be found. "Either we're doing something wrong, or this quest is bugged out. Now I really wish that there was a way to at least contact customer support, then maybe we could get this thing fixed." Even if this quest did have some issues, Awateru was surprised with how polished the game was for being the first of its kind.

Spoiler

ID# 104614 results:

BD: 7 + 2 = 9 - hit (3 damage)

CD: 3 - no recovery

[H: 1] @Rithe: HP: 99/100 - ENG: 0/10

[H: 2] @Tsuisuta: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 9/10 (+1 regen; -1 hit)

loot: #104615 - LD: 7 - no tusk (2/6)

For some wretched reason, the game refused to drop another boar tusk. Rithe looks blankly at the ground, very quickly becoming disheartened. Customer support, huh? I imagine that feature was desperately called upon when players learned that they couldn't leave. "How are we supposed to do anything if this quest is broken." She mutters indignantly, kicking at the grass. Worried that her companion might think that they haven't accomplished anything. "Don't get me wrong, you're making this process far more efficient than it would be if it were just me." Rithe shakes her head at her outburst. I'm just rambling now. She looks at her ally, admiring her gear, and skill, becoming almost envious the longer she watches. Why does she get fantastic gear, when we're the same level. Rithe sighs and pans her vision across the field. Maybe I just don't know where to look. A boar pup comes into view, luckily alone from its herd. She half-heartedly motions towards it, before walking its direction with her dagger in hand. "Here's another one.."

Spoiler

ID# 104639 results:

Battle: 9(critical hit, paralyze) 1 raw damage + 1 crit = 2 final damage

MOB: 4(miss)(paralyzed)

[H: 2] @Rithe: HP: 99/100 - ENG: 0/10 (+1 -1 EN)

[H: 0] @Tsuisuta: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 9/10

Boar Pup: 3/5 HP - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

Edited by Rithe
Combat!!

Whether it was the quest or just shoddy luck, Awateru wanted to push on. She felt it was time that she coudl find herself something to show her sisters when she did finally find them. "I don't know, but if it is broken I don't know how others have supposedly finished it." There was little they could do except maybe reset the quest, but at least they seemed to be getting some experience from killing these boar pups. "I'm really not that much stronger, just got myself some gear from one of the player run shops. I'd tell you which, but the name escapes at the moment." Awatertu was beginning to warm up a little with Rithe, but still didn't want to get too comfortable with her. She let her go ahead and try to prove herself against another boar, not wanting to just carry all of the weight and make Rithe apologize.

Spoiler

ID: #104641

BD: 1 - critical miss

CD: 9 - recovery

[H: 2] @Rithe: HP: 99/100 - ENG: 0/10 (+1 -1 EN)

[H: 0] @Tsuisuta: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 10/10 (+1 regen; -2 miss; +2 recovery)

Boar Pup: 3/5 HP - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

A good cut later and the boar cannot move, paralyzed by the enhanced dagger. It might not do much in terms of damage, but at least it can paralyze if I get lucky. The beast is frozen in place, losing its opportunity to retaliate. I wonder how frustrating that must be. Can't be much more frustrating than doing the same beginner quest for the last 2 hours. She thinks resentfully, frowning. She hears Tsuisuta's comments and nods thoughtfully, Player run shops.. Like my alchemy lab? She seems impressed. The in-game economy is that player-driven? She thought about this innocently until she remembered where she was. That feature would have been a nice touch, if it wasn't a death game. She reminds herself bitterly. "I guess I'll have to visit of those at some point." she remarks as a response to her ally. But before I can give that any serious thought, I'm going to have to finish this ridiculous task. 

By the grace of some divine being, Rithe had managed to slay this animal with her second strike, the paralytic effect going to waste. And once again, the elusive tusk had not appeared.

Spoiler

ID# 104647 results:

Battle: 10(super critical hit, paralyze) 1 raw damage + 2 crit = 3 final damage

MOB: 6(hit) 3 raw damage - 9 mitigation = 1 final damage(slain, paralyzed)

[H: 4] @Rithe: HP: 99/100 - ENG: 0/10 (+1 -1 EN)

ID# 104648 results:

Loot: 7(failure) [You have to be kidding me]

- no tusk (2/6)

Edited by Rithe
Combat!!

Awateru didn't waste any time with this boar down, taking the opportunity to engage the boar pup this time. She quickly singled one out and lunged towards it. It was caught off guard and Awateru was able to give it a swift blow to its side. She didn't take it out, but it was already hurting quite a bit from the blow. Hopefully Rithe would be able to finish it off. She seemed to be getting lucky recently, so it was possible. If not, it seemed that Awateru might finally be taking a solid hit. She braced herself and made sure to leave an opening for Rithe to sneak in for the attack.

Let's see what you are actually made of this time, shall we. Or are you going to keel over and die to the lightest blow, like all the others before you.

She didn't know why she was silently taunting it, but it did help her keep a concentrated face on even though this quest was draining her.

Spoiler

ID: #104675

BD: 7 + 2 = 9 - hit

CD: 4 - no recovery

[H: 0] @Rithe: HP: 99/100 - ENG: 0/10 (+1 -1 EN)

[H: 1] @Tsuisuta: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 9/10  (-1 hit)

Without hesitation, the two players engaged another target, systematically attacking and stepping back to allow the other to strike cleanly. After so long of doing this, it's a given that we'd get a method down for this. Rithe launched herself into the fray, just after her companion pulled back to allow her to do so. Tsuisuta has cut its health by more than 50%, if I don't take this thing out in a single hit, I'm going to be sorely disappointed in myself. With the objective to not humiliate herself, Rithe closes in on the boar, tracking its movement. It still seems to be interested in combating her ally, and was actively avoiding Rithe. 

She finally managed to put herself between Tsuisuta and the animal, taking a hit to her leg again. She stabs down at the boar pup, only managing to graze its side before it retreats some distance, now targeting Rithe. At least it's focused on me now.

Spoiler

ID# 104682 results:

Battle: 6(hit) 1 base damage

MOB: 10(super critical hit) 3 raw damage + 2 crit - 9 mitigation = 1 final damage

[H: 1] @Rithe: HP: 98/100 - ENG: 0/10 (+1 -1 EN)

[H: 1] @Tsuisuta: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 9/10 

Edited by Rithe
Combat!!

With the boar losing it's focus to the new attacker, Awateru made sure that she was able to position herself behind it. She threw a punch straight at its backside and stumbled as it shattered with barely any resistance. She felt bad wasting such a powerful blow on the creature already so low on health, but this quest was beginning to frustrate her more than anything had. She looked around and to her dismay still couldn't find a tusk. "I don't what it is with this quest, but it's certainly not going to be treating us fairly." She began to look for another boar pup as she got up and dusted herself off from her fall. She wanted this to be over quickly, but there didn't seem to be an end in sight.

Let's just hope that this is a string of bad luck and not us doing something wrong the whole time. I don't know how simpler of a quest this could be.

Spoiler

ID: #104767

BD: 10 - major crit

CD: 6 - recovery

[H: 1] @Rithe: HP: 98/100 - ENG: 0/10

[H: 3] @Tsuisuta: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 10/10 (+1 regen; -1 hit; +1 recovery)

Loot: ID: #104768 - LD: 3 - no tusk (2/6)

Kill after kill, yet failure after failure, the two players begin to feel as if they had killed every living thing across the first floor. Bone-crunching punches fly from Tsuisuta's overcharged fists, and paralyzing dagger cuts rendering beasts helpless from Rithe. They made a good team. But it didn't seem to matter at all. They fought for hours against an unending infestation of boars, consistently pulled in by the whirlpool that is Random Chance, forced to fight some more. Rithe was getting tired, she couldn't tell if her ally was, but she was struggling to care. She wearily picks herself up for the next enemy, weakly cutting at it as it runs past. We're never leaving. We are trapped here for eternity. When the other players beat floor 100, we will still be here, forced to conquer our quest until our real life bodies rot and fall to dust. It was irritating her to no end. 

Spoiler

ID# 105053 results:

Battle: 2(miss)

MOB: 7(hit) 3 raw damage - 9 mitigation = 1 final damage

[H: 0] @Rithe: HP: 97/100 - ENG: 0/10

Boar Pup: 5/5 HP - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

Edited by Rithe
combat

Though the boars without tusks seemed to be unending, Awateru did what she could to not lose hope. She could see Rithe's movements slowing down, almost coming to a halt. They were beginning to just go through the motions of taking down these boars, and neither of them were really caring as to how it would end. She didn't want to let that stop her though, she did her best to summon up more energy to keep throwing punches at the boar pups that they found. She managed to connect one and hit it square in the jaw. After knocking it aside, Awateru hoped that Rithe could finish it off. Though she knew she stood a fairly good chance to beat this quest on her own, she wanted Rithe to feel useful in their endeavors. She remained silent though, not wanting to seem like she was just giving Rithe a chance. She did her best to make the help feel completely genuine and necessary.

Spoiler

ID: #105065

BD: 8 + 2 = 10 - hit

[H: 0] @Rithe: HP: 97/100 - ENG: 0/10

[H: 1] @Tsuisuta: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 10/10  (-1 hit; +1 recovery)

Staggering toward the next target, Rithe misses her strikes, once again forcing her companion to cover for her. She's doing all the work. Rithe looks at her ally blankly, trying to think, but being too exhausted and indignant to form a cohesive thought. She impassively looks down and discovers a new wound on her leg, the dull sensation going unnoticed. I.. She.. this boar.. Rithe keeps cutting herself off mentally, struggling to process current events. Tsuisuta had taken a step back, presumably to prepare another attack, giving Rithe a marginal opening while the animal's back was turned. Rithe wavers in her stance, seeming to lose balance for a moment, catching herself and rushing at the beast, dagger in hand. Almost as if with a sixth sense, the boar moves to dodge out of some encoded instinct.

Out of raw luck, she manages to barely scrape the monster with the edge of her dagger, dealing damage but not enough to enact a paralyzing effect. Despite being wounded, the boar retaliates effectively, scratching her 1 for 1.

Spoiler

ID# 105157 results:

Battle: 7(hit) 1 final damage

MOB: 8(hit) 3 raw damage - 9 mitigation = 1 final damage

[H: 1] @Rithe: HP: 96/100 - ENG: 0/10 (+1 -1)

[H: 1] @Tsuisuta: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 10/10  (-1 hit; +1 recovery)

Edited by Rithe
combat

Tsuisuta watched as Rithe and the boar pup they were currently facing traded blows. She began to pull back for an attack, but decided to let Rithe get the kill. She had two reasons for doing so. The first was that she wanted to make sure Rithe was getting her fair share of weight pulled. Though she could almost certainly have soloed this and carry Rithe through it, she wanted to make sure that they didn't lose too much hope in the fight and concede everything to her. There would come a time that she would actually need Rithe and wanted her to be confident then. The other reason she wanted to do it was because Rithe appeared to have much better luck in finding tusks off of the boars than she. It was an interesting dichotomy. She could kill the boars with ease, but Rithe was the one that had found the tusks easier. She remained silent, not wanting RIthe to catch on that she was letting her get the killing blow.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #105163

BD: 1 - critical miss

[H: 1] @Rithe: HP: 96/100 - ENG: 0/10

[H: 1] @Tsuisuta: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 9/10  (-2 miss; +1 recovery)

This fight was dragging on far longer than it should have, with both boar and girl clashing ineffectively against each other. This quest is going nowhere fast. Rithe became acutely aware of a dull gnawing sensation in her stomach, and clutches her abdomen to stem the irritation. I can't die from starvation here, but it still retains the familiar discomfort. The sun had progressed quite far in the sky at this point, casting its rays across the evening plains of floor 1.  Her limbs and heart  were heavy with exhaustion and discouragement, respectively. As the conflict wore on, Rithe was vaguely aware of her companion's lack of participation, but didn't give it much thought. She's probably doing something important. Something more productive than me. I'd get more done if I were to punch rocks with my bare hands. Thinking about this more, Rithe looks at her hands curiously, then at her knife, then back to her hands. Maybe I could, she glances to Tsuisuta, staring at her hand-wraps. Ultimately there's no difference. She casts the knife to the side as a distractive measure, and then rushes the creature with her fists clenched. 

Spoiler

ID# 105175 results:

Battle: 10(super-critical hit) 1 base damage + 2 crit = 3 final damage

MOB: 8(hit) 3 raw damage - 9 mitigation = 1 final damage(Slain)

[H: 3] @Rithe: HP: 96/100 - ENG: 0/10 (+1 -1 EN)

[H: 1] @Tsuisuta: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 9/10  (-2 miss; +1 recovery)

ID# 105176 results:

Loot: 1(no tusk found)

Edited by Rithe
combat and loot roll