[f01 - pp] A tusk by any other name (would still be just as hard to find) <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>> (Rithe)

"To be honest, I only partied because I needed a distraction. Couldn't really get it unless I did something with another person." Awateru threw a punch at the boar, finally managing to dissolve it into pixels. There wasn't a tusk to be found, but it didn't really bother her. Punching these things was working really good as an anger release. Awateru froze when Rithe asked her next question. "You're right, I'm not going to answer that. My search for them is mine and mine alone." She immediately began to look around for another boar to start punching, not wanting to answer these never ending questions. For now, she was focused on the boars, and didn't want to talk about what had been frustrating her for the past two years. Her sisters were still out there, sure, but Awateru wanted to prove that she hadn't just been dead weight in that time.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #104219

BD: 7 + 2 = 9 - hit

CD: 4- no recovery

[H: 0] @Rithe: HP: 98/100 - ENG: 8/10

[H: 3] @Tsuisuta: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 8/10 (+1 regen; -1 hit)

Boar Pup: 0/5 HP (-2 base)

Loot Roll: ID: #104220 LD: 2 - nope (1/6 tusks)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rithe winced as the realized that her last question was a bit too much.  "Right. Sorry." None of my business. Though I hope that she finds them eventually. Rithe tries to attack the beast with her dagger once more, but her ally finishes it off with a quick punch before she can get close enough. Still no item. This was becoming more irritating for her, which happened to be the exact opposite of what Tsuisuta thought of the situation. "Nice punch." Rithe said plainly, acknowledging Tsuisuta's prowess. How many boars have we killed now? She briefly considers counting, but she shakes her head. It doesn't matter. What only matters is the tusks. She spots another target and points it out to her companion. Rithe reminds herself that the more she misses, the longer this will take. But I can't help if I miss or not... She clears the thought, and faces the oncoming animal.

Spoiler

ID# 104223 results:

Battle: 4(miss)

[H: 0] @Rithe: HP: 97/100 - ENG: 3/10 (+1 -2 EN)

[H: 0] @Tsuisuta: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 8/10 

Boar Pup: 5/5 HP - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)  MOB: 6(hit) 3 raw damage - 9 mitigation = 1 final damage

Boar pup is targeting Rithe (Spawning player's choice)

Edited by Rithe
Combat!!

Awateru stayed gruffly silent, even after the compliment. It didn't matter how well she was able to take down these boars, with or without Rithe's help, unless they were getting tusks from them. Because she had taken someone along with her, it also meant that they would need to be taking out even more to get all of the tusks that they needed. She wouldn't try to get greedy and make sure she had her tusks and then leave. She looked towards the next boar that Rithe pointed out, and got into a fighting stance. Or at least, as close of one as she could figure out. She had never really taken any sort of martial arts class, but had seen enough competitions to have a general guess. It seemed this boar was already wary of them, so no point in letting it have the easy chance to dodge a punch now.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #104226

BD: 1 - crit miss

CD: 7 - recovery

[H: 0] @Rithe: HP: 97/100 - ENG: 3/10 (+1 -2 EN)

[H: 0] @Tsuisuta: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 8/10 (+1 regen; -2 mioss; +1 recovery)

Boar Pup: 5/5 HP - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

"Sometimes it seems like these animals are really alive. This boar is genuinely trying to stay alive." Though intriguing, it still irritated her. But now isn't a good time to pretend to be a real boar's pup. Looking at Tsuisuta's martial art stance, Rithe smiles before quickly hiding it behind her hand. She's just like me. She doesn't really know what she's doing. At least she can put on a good show of being tough. Rithe was making (perhaps uninvited) assumptions about her ally from the way that she fights. The boar was well aware of its surroundings; aware enough to maintain its spectacular show of avoidance. 

Rithe's frustration started to develop into some form of self-hatred, as she berates herself for being incapable of taking care of a single measly boar with help. I'm so useless. I guess I'm just destined to be a leech to others for the rest of my life. Since I can't seem to take care of myself. 

Spoiler

ID# 104228 results:

Battle: 5(miss)

MOB: 6(hit) 3 raw damage - 9 mitigation = 1 final damage

[H: 0] @Rithe: HP: 96/100 - ENG: 2/10 (+1 -2 EN)

[H: 0] @Tsuisuta: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 8/10 

Boar Pup: 5/5 HP - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

Edited by Rithe
Combat!!

Awateru watched as the boar went towards Rithe. Either it was intimidated by her, with her not having any intent to do so, or just picked randomly which target to go for. Regardless, she watched as the two of them tangled for a bit, Rithe getting herself beat up a bit. Awateru gave a slight roll of her eyes, before walking into the meelee herself. Though she didn't know martial arts, that certainly didn't mean she couldn't get help from the game. With a little bit of guidance from her equipment, she was able to land a punch on the boar pup and get its attention off of Rithe. Even if she couldn't take the hits as well, there was no need to hold back from something attacking so weak. "Doesn't matter if they look alive or not. Right now, it is our enemy. It has no consequence for dying, so there's no point in holding back from killing it."

Spoiler

ID# 104229 results:

BD: 5 + 2 = 7 - hit

CD: 8 - recovery

[H: 0] @Rithe: HP: 96/100 - ENG: 2/10 (+1 -2 EN)

[H: 0] @Tsuisuta: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 9/10 (+1 regen; -1 hit; +1 recovery)

Boar Pup: 3/5 HP (-2 base) - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

The triviality of what they were doing struck Rithe suddenly. Why are we out here fighting these things? I don't understand. We could just as easily wait for a group of players to one day beat the 100th floor, so why are we out here? Rithe basked in this bizarre variety of existentialism for a moment before coming to her own conclusions. I figure that many people would argue that they must fight to protect everyone. But there are others out there with drastically different motivations. She considered how she felt about the situation, and once again provided herself with a response. I just want to be normal. I don't want to fight monsters for the rest of my life. I don't want to be stuck here in a fantasy world. But she considered a Devil's Advocate point of view and figured that I really don't want to be with my 'parents' ever again, however. Ultimately, I will live, or I will die. And if I should happen to live, I'm going to give my 'family' a piece of my mind. To Tsuisuta she appeared to be lost in thought. Only snapping out of it as the boar passes by. 

Spoiler

ID# 104230 results:

Battle: 1(critical miss)

MOB: 8(hit) 3 raw damage - 0 mitigation = 3 final damage

[H: 0] @Rithe: HP: 96/100 - ENG: 1/10 (+1 -2 EN)

[H: 1] @Tsuisuta: HP: 97/100 - ENG: 9/10 

Boar Pup: 3/5 HP - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

Edited by Rithe
Combat!!

Awateru was charged at by the boar, which promptly knocked her small frame down. As she got up, she flicked her eyes over to Rithe, who seemed to be lost in thought. "Hey! You might want to pay attention to the fight here. I don't think this boar is going to wait for your train of thought to enter the station." Even if she did't output much damage, every little bit counted when the enemies health was this low at its base. She brushed herself off, making sure the boar wasn't preparing for another charge. She knew that Rithe would likely be paying more attention now, but she also knew she couldn't rely on her. She seemed to be more focused about fending for herself than working on the fight. It made sense, but did put Awateru in a tougher spot.

Well, if she fights, she fights. Else I'll just start killing boars on my own and let her find her own tusks.

Spoiler

ID# 104241 results:

BD: 3 + 2 = 5 - miss

CD: 5 - no recovery

[H: 0] @Rithe: HP: 96/100 - ENG: 1/10 (+1 -2 EN)

[H: 1] @Tsuisuta: HP: 97/100 - ENG: 8/10 (+1 regen; -2 miss)

Boar Pup: 3/5 HP - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

Rithe gets her head in the game, and refocuses on the fight at hand. She takes her dagger in her hand and follows after the boar chasing Tsuisuta. "Sorry. I was... ah whatever. Let's just kill this thing." What the hell does any of this matter, I just need to keep farming these boars. "Very funny insult, by the way." Rithe remarks dryly, but honestly. She slashes at the boar, missing it as it slips from side to side, with more agility than a young boar should have. She watched as her ally swung at the creature and missed. Well if Tsuisuta's missing her attacks, then there must be something special about this thing. Hopefully this one will have the tusk that we've been looking for. The ratio of slain boars to dropped tusks was depressing to say the least. Even if this takes forever, it must be done. Skipping out on a quest would be remarkably rude and it wasn't something that she wanted to make a habit.

Spoiler

ID# 104274 results:

Battle: 7(hit) 1 final damage

MOB: 6(hit) 3 raw damage - 9 mitigation = 1 final damage

[H: 1] @Rithe: HP: 95/100 - ENG: 1/10 (+1 -1 EN)

[H: 1] @Tsuisuta: HP: 97/100 - ENG: 8/10

Boar Pup: 2/5 HP - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

Edited by Rithe
Combat!!

Letting Rithe take her turn to get a hit in, Awateru noticed that the boar was turning towards her. Deciding that it should be turning a little bit more quickly, she punched the boar pup into a faster spin. It fell to the ground and dissolved into many pixels. Noticing a small glimmer coming from where it died, Awateru approached and saw the small tusk in the grass. Picking it up, she communicated with Rithe. "There's a second one. Let's see if we can't find the rest." With this many boars already dead, a small seed of worry was blossoming. Awateru didn't know if the number of boars would eventually deplete to zero. Knowing that this was a starter quest and many would have already done it, she doubted it. It was still a small bit of worry though, and it put Awateru off center. "And make sure we don't miss any tusks."

Spoiler

Roll ID: #104291

BD: 5 + 2 = 7 - hit (2 damage)

CD: 2 - no recovery

[H: 1] @Rithe: HP: 95/100 - ENG: 1/10 (+1 -1 EN)

[H: 1] @Tsuisuta: HP: 97/100 - ENG: 8/10 (+1 regen; -1 hit)

Boar Pup: 0/5 HP - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

Loot roll: ID:#104292 - LD: 14 - Tusk Found (2/6 total)

Rithe was right, the agile boar was special. When it perished, and the shards fell across the landscape, she noticed Tsuisuta picking up another tusk. Does a monster's ability to fight, determine its likely-hood to drop items like this? Rithe tried to rationalize this in her head, but she was struggling to see any other evidence of this. I need to test this some more. "Nice! Two down, four to go." She looked along the field, trying to spot another isoloated boar pup. But she was having trouble. It's almost like the stock of boars are depleting. But who would code that into a game like this? Sure it might be realistic, but it would be counterintuitive given that this is an MMORPG. Rithe finally notices another target, nodding at Tsuisuta's comment, "Yeah. It would be the worst if one dropped but we didn't find it. Also: I think our next target is over there." Rithe takes the lead on this one, going to attack it with the dagger as usual. 

Spoiler

ID# 104295 results:

Battle: 6(hit) 1 final damage

MOB: 9(hit) 3 raw damage - 9 mitigation = 1 final damage

[H: 1] @Rithe: HP: 94/100 - ENG: 1/10 (+1 -1 EN)

[H: 0] @Tsuisuta: HP: 97/100 - ENG: 8/10 

Boar Pup: 4/5 HP - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

Edited by Rithe
Combat!!

Awateru let Rithe take the lead towards the next boar, not wanting to seem like she was being too controlling. The two scuffled for a bit before she finally joined into the small fray. She quickly let loose another punch at the boar, and it dissolved into pixels upon impact. Not expecting so little resistance, Awateru stumbled forward and almost lost her balance completely. Dusting herself off after that little problem, she made sure to look carefully for a tusk. Though she didn't find one, she wasn't too surprised. Perhaps it was predetermined which ones would drop a tusk, or maybe it was just bad luck. Either way, the two of them would need to pick up the pace if they wanted to do this with any sort of haste. "Okay, maybe we should try and find some more, that went a little bit quicker than I expected it to."

Spoiler

ID# 104297 results:

BD: 10 + 2 = 12 - Major Crit

CD: 7 - recovery

[H: 1] @Rithe: HP: 94/100 - ENG: 1/10

[H: 2] @Tsuisuta: HP: 97/100 - ENG: 9/10  (+1 regen; -1 hit; +1 recovery)

Boar Pup: 0/5 HP (2 base + 2 crit) - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

Loot: #104298 - LD: 1 - no tusk (2/6)

After Rithe laid a long gash across the boar's flank, her companion delivered a crushing jab and destroyed it. Rithe got excited about the speed of its destruction, but was disappointed to find that nothing had dropped from it. Maybe we do have to look out for the special ones. She analyzes the additional boar pups, trying to find one with 'aberrant' behavior. She spots one, that seems to be having an issue with its path-finding. It was running into a small shrub, repeatedly. I guess even games like these have their bugs. But just as she thinks of it, the boar disconnects from whatever had it stuck and it rears up to charge Rithe. "Hopefully this next will fall just as quickly." And that it serves as some use to us. The boar makes its attack, doing a standard charge directly towards her. Rithe just raises her dagger and prepares to intercept.

Spoiler

ID# 104300 results:

Battle: 10(super critical hit, paralyze) 1 raw damage + 2 crit = 3 final damage

MOB: 6(hit) 3 raw damage - 9 mitigation = 1 final damage(Paralyzed)

[H: 2] @Rithe: HP: 94/100 - ENG: 1/10 (+1 -1 EN)

[H: 0] @Tsuisuta: HP: 97/100 - ENG: 9/10  

Boar Pup: 2/5 HP) - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

Edited by Rithe
Combat!!

Awateru took another look around the grass to make sure the tusk wasn't missed. They seemed to be dropping so infrequently that she felt lie they had to have missed one or two. Noticing that Rithe was already off to go get another boar, Awateru followed. Just as she caught up, she noticed the boar being attacked and slumped to the ground. It seemed that there was some sort of paralyzing effect on Rithe's dagger. Taking advantage of it, Awateru quickly sent another punch into the boar. It dissolved into pixels like all the others, and once again left behind no tusk. "Let's start looking elsewhere perhaps, there seems to be something up with the quest." Whether the quest was bugged or they were doing it wrong, Awateru didn't mind that much. She was glad to take some anger out on these boars as a way to distract herself from her search for her sisters.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #104302

BD: 8 + 2 = 10 - hit

CD: 5 - no recovery

[H: 2] @Rithe: HP: 94/100 - ENG: 1/10

[H: 1] @Tsuisuta: HP: 97/100 - ENG: 9/10  (+1 regen; -1 hit)

Boar Pup: 0/5 HP) - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

Loot: #104303 - LD: 8 - No tusk (2/6)

After being consecutively disappointed by the monster drops, Rithe was about at the limits of her exasperation. So when Tsuisuta suggested looking elsewhere, she latched onto the distraction. "Yes please, these fields are devoid of useful boars." She says giving one of the boar pups a dirty look. She leads the party, crossing the fields to another, separate, section of the floor. It's a long walk, but hopefully the results will be worth it. Depressingly, in terms of appearance, this field was nearly identical. Rithe hoped that it was only the visual aspect that was identical. "Okay. There is no way on Aincrad, that this place is also somehow drained of tusks." So let's get to work. Luckily for the two of them, this particular field was filled with plenty of the quest sensitive animals. Rithe points out another boar pup, much like she had before, and advances on it, dagger in hand. 

Spoiler

ID# 104304 results:

Battle: 6(hit) 1 final damage

MOB: 5(miss)

[H: 1] @Rithe: HP: 94/100 - ENG: 1/10 (+1 -1 EN)

Boar Pup: 4/5 HP) - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

Edited by Rithe
Combat!!

Awateru followed Rithe towards an identical looking field. Though she doubted the drop rates would be much higher, it would at least mean they could see a slightly different angle of the forest and Town of Beginnings. She lets Rithe take the lead in going after another boar pup. It seemed as though they were starting to get into quite the pattern with taking on these boars.  Though being in a pattern meant that there wasn't much to fear at the moment, it did put them into a sense of complacency. Deciding to change things up a bit, Awateru decided it would be prudent to make sure her wraps were on correctly. Once she had done that, she began to follow Rithe towards the boar pup, a renewed motivation pushing her forward to finish the quest.

Let's see if we can't change things up, take things out a little quicker.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #104383

BSD: 1 - critical miss

CD: 8 - recovery

[H: 1] @Rithe: HP: 94/100 - ENG: 1/10 (+1 -1 EN)

[H: 0] @Tsuisuta: HP: 97/100 - ENG: 9/10  (+1 regen; -2 miss; +1 recovery)

Boar Pup: 4/5 HP) - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

A glowing red gash appears on the flank of the boar, as Rithe plunges her knife into its side, dodging as it attacks at her. Rithe disengages to allow her companion to deliver her punches without obstruction. The boar managed to avoid the barrage in one way or another and kept hot on Rithe's heels. At least it's after me, I definitely have the mitigation to 'tank' its pitiful strikes. She looks at her ally and analyzes her apparel. I wonder what the purpose of her armor is then. This boar was lasting a little longer than the last few, perhaps indicating some sort of boon trapped within its code. If the past boars are anything to go by, this thing has what we are looking for. Revitalized with new vigor, Rithe re-engages the beast, narrowly dodging its attack and bringing the dagger to bear once more against its relatively thin hide, but it slipped away at the last second.

Spoiler

ID# 104391 results:

MOB: 2(miss)

[H: 1] @Rithe: HP: 94/100 - ENG: 0/10 (+1 -2 EN)

Edited by Rithe
Combat!!

Awateru tried to let loose another punch at the boar pup, but her accuracy was a bit off. Even though she could've sworn there was an extension to her range given by the game, it seemed her short stature had finally caught up to her. With little else she could do, Awateru just stood back and let the other two fight. Internally, she was almost cursing at herself for not being able to hit this boar. She wanted to take it down now, as it seemed to be a little tougher than the rest of the ones they had faced. Externally, she kept a calm face, not showing any of her inner turmoil. It was a skill she had learned over the many years of being ignored and shunned for showing her own criticisms. Everyone just confirmed the issues she had, not offering any support. She knew that if she wanted that to change, she would need to start working towards becoming a better player.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #104397

BD: 1 - critical miss

CD: 1 - no recovery

[H: 1] @Rithe: HP: 94/100 - ENG: 1/10

[H: 0] @Tsuisuta: HP: 97/100 - ENG: 8/10 (+1 regen; -1 miss)

With misses all around, the two players and boar seemed at a bizarre impasse. Rithe eyed it cautiously, as the beast did her. Tsuisuta was almost discounted from the equation, as she had stepped aside to allow the fight to develop organically. The boar suddenly decided it was a good time to strike, but Rithe dodged it effortlessly, swinging her knife at the same time. But the animal evaded her attack just as effortlessly. This battle is a joke. I don't get it. She was addressing the boar directly in her thoughts, I know it's in your programming, but you should be aware that the only way this ends is with our victory. Rithe frowns slightly, seemingly irritated by the way this quest was going. I'm willing to bet that other players have finished this quest in just a few minutes, but here we are. She glances at her companion. Every minute I'm here is a minute that Tsuisuta could be searching for her family.

Spoiler

ID# 104405 results:

Battle: 1(critical miss)

MOB: 7(hit) 3 raw damage - 9 mitigation = 1 final damage

[H: 1] @Rithe: HP: 93/100 - ENG: 0/10 (+1 -2 EN)

[H: 0] @Tsuisuta: HP: 97/100 - ENG: 8/10

Edited by Rithe
Combat!!

Deciding that she would finally get a hit in, Awateru went into the fray of the fight. She didn't even bother to try and dodge around the boar pup's attacks. She just made sure to go in and punch it in the snout. Letting it sprawl to the ground, she flexed her hand a bit to loosen it up. "Sorry for taking so long, wanted to make the hit count." She let the boar get back up again, not wanting to hit it while it was down. Even if there was little sense to have honor in this game made by someone with a god complex, she didn't want to lose herself in here this quickly. She knew it may be inevitable to do so, but she didn't want to end up that way before she had even found her sisters. If her sisters saw her already fallen, she would never have a chance to work her way out of their shadow.

Spoiler

ID# 104406 results:

BD: 4 + 2 = 6 - hit

CD: 12 - recovery

[H: 1] @Rithe: HP: 93/100 - ENG: 0/10 (+1 -2 EN)

[H: 1] @Tsuisuta: HP: 97/100 - ENG: 9/10 (+1 regen; -1 hit; +1 revoery)

She cut unsuccessfully at the boar, taking a tusk stab to her thigh for her efforts. She staggered backwards, noting the pitiful amount of damage, and shook her head in disbelief. This ultimately comes down to time. Because there is no way that this thing will ever kill us. An eye-watering punch was delivered to the boar, bringing its health down to a meager 40%. Rithe notices her ally's respect to the downed monster, tilting her head slightly in curiosity. If it were me, I would have taken the opportunity. She looks back to Tsuisuta. But she's actually a kind-hearted individual deep down. Rithe was comforted by this for some reason. But in terms of the fight, Rithe was wondering if it would be more beneficial for her to toss her dagger and also just punch the monster. Ultimately, this is the best I have. She thinks, hefting the dagger, And I'll have to use it to the best of my ability. 

Spoiler

ID# 104414 results:

MOB: 4(miss)

[H: 1] @Rithe: HP: 93/100 - ENG: 0/10 (+1 -2 EN)

[H: 1] @Tsuisuta: HP: 97/100 - ENG: 9/10

Edited by Rithe
Combat!!