[F01-SP] Learning to Crawl «The First Few Lessons are Free»

After browsing the various menu options and equipping the items that he had received prior Kuruyama decided to wander around looking for his first quest. He decided to ask a few basic questions around to the NPCs in the bustling streets of the Town of Beginnings. It wasn't long before he was given directions to a nearby workshop where he was informed that the owner of the establishment was willing to assist any and all those willing to help themselves. After a few moments of walking, he found himself in the merchant district of the town, upon entering the facility that was described, Kuruyama looked around and noticed various items littered around the shelves. It wasn't long before he heard a raspy voice from behind the counter, "Just about everything is for sale, most items you can't find anywhere else." Kuruyama came up to the counter and asked the old man what specials he was running. The old man replied, "Well, I don't have any specials running at the moment. However, I can teach you a few things. If you are interested, go out and gather five crafting materials and meet me back here in the workshop. I will be waiting for your return."

Stats:

Spoiler

«Kuruyama»

| Lv: 1 | HP: 20/20 | Energy: 2 | DMG: 5 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 1 |

«Equipped»

| Main Hand: Honor's Call (T1 Rare 2h) | Off Hand: N/A | Armor: N/A | Cloak: Blood Red Cloak (vanity) |

«Battle Ready Inventory»

| x3 Starter Healing Potions (50 HP) |

Kuruyama let the old man speak and once he was finished, Kuruyama gave a slight nod and set off to venture out of the workshop. He thought to himself, "Finding these materials can't be too difficult, either way, it doesn't make much sense to dawdle." So Kuruyama headed south through the bustling market of the Town of Beginning until he approached what seemed to be the city's gates. He took a moment to appreciate exactly how tall the city walls were and the architecture of the gate. Once the feeling of awe passed, he started on his way once more through the gate. As soon as he passed through the gate he saw wild boar littered throughout the area, they didn't seem to be hostile, at least not at the moment, and for the moment posed no immediate threat. Kuruyama opened up his inventory just to make sure that he had the bare necessities in case he was involved in an altercation. However, he would worry about that bridge when he came to cross it, for now, he needed to search for materials. He started in a small area around him and would gradually increase that area as needed, he placed his hands near the ground and started feeling around and looking for any trace of something that might resemble what he was looking for, he didn't know exactly what he was looking for but he had a feeling that he would know when he found it. After a few moments for searching, he instinctively pulled something up from the ground and a small window would appear in front of him while he held an item. "Huh, so that's how that works, interesting. Well, that's one down and four more to go."

Spoiler

Dice Result:

Searching for Materials

ID#:104554

LD result: 16 - SUCCESS!

+1 T1 crafting material

Quest total: 1/5 T1 crafting materials

Edited by Kuruyama

Kuruyama took a moment to admire the item that he himself had just gathered. It brought about a certain sense of accomplishment that he had not felt before. He quickly put the item into his inventory and looked for other places that might contain an abundance of materials. Sure he could probably keep searching in the same area but what good would it do in the long run. Besides, he was curious to see where else he could gather materials from without worry. He at least wanted to stay away from the wild boar, at least for now since he did not know what type of aggro system they were using. Finally, he found himself at another spot that felt like it would benefit him greatly. Kuruyama looked at the area and placed his hands near the ground feeling around for something similar to what he had felt before. He kept searching for a few moments, but nothing happened. Feeling a bit disgruntled he moved on to another location, his mood improving once he thought about the system and how it worked, "Yeah, it wouldn't make sense if I were to find a material each time I tried for it, especially since I'm only level one." Kuruyama chuckled for a moment and then decided to make his way to another location.

Spoiler

Dice Result:

Searching for Materials

ID#:104609

LD result: 1 - Crit Fail

Quest total: 1/5 T1 crafting materials

Edited by Kuruyama

After surveying the surrounding area for another place to gather materials, Kuruyama thought, "Why not figure out some of the combat mechanics, what's the point in gathering all this material if I can't protect myself from mobs or other players?" He focused on a nearby wild boar, he could determine that it currently was inactive and at full health, other than that there wasn't much more information he could glean from looking at it. Kuruyama decided it was time to take sword in hand and figure out as much as he could from this fight. He was already pretty sure how normal attacking would go, so he decided to try his hand at using a sword art. He bent his knees with his sword in front of him he raised his sword parallel to the ground once it started to shimmer, Kuruyama focused on how it felt when a sword art was activated, once he felt it was ready he pushed off with his back foot and thrust toward the wild boar. Halfway to his target, Kuruyama started to stumble and eventually missed his attack. The wild boar noticed his aggressor and charged at him in response, luckily Kuruyama was able to regain his balance and stepped out of the way of the attack making the wild boar overshoot his target and making its attack miss also. 

Battle Stats:

Spoiler

| Lv: 1 «Kuruyama» | HP: 20/20 | Energy: 0/2 | DMG: 5 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 1 |

| Wild Boar: HP: 10/10 | DMG: 3 |

Dice Result:

ID #: 104621

BD: 1 + 1 ACC = 2 - Fail

MD: 5 - Fail

Turn Report: 

0 DMG done to Kuruyama, -2 energy; 0 DMG done to Wild Boar

Edited by Kuruyama

Immediately, Kuruyama quickly faced toward his adversary and readied his sword once more. He felt drained for only a moment before feeling ready to fight once more. "So I guess a failed attack uses more energy than when I successfully hit, noted." Kuruyama locked his gaze onto the wild boar and started running toward it. Once the wild boar was in range, he brought his blade down and slashed at it hoping this time the sword would make contact. The boar noticed that it was about to be attacked and moved out of the way just in time for the sword to bury itself in the ground. Kuruyama made a disgruntled groan and pulled the sword out of the ground and sidestepped as the boar came barreling towards him visibly very angry with the entity that had disturbed his peace. "Ya know, even though I haven't been able to hit him, this battle has been kinda fun." Kuruyama chuckled.

Battle Stats: 

Spoiler

Lv: 1 «Kuruyama» | HP: 20/20 | Energy: 0/2 | DMG: 5 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 1 |

| Wild Boar: HP: 10/10 | DMG: 3 |

Dice Result:

ID #: 104622

BD: 2 +1 ACC = 3 - Fail

MD: 5 - Fail

Edited by Kuruyama

During this battle, Kuruyama was learning quite a bit even though no damage had been done or taken. He thought to himself, 'Even though I'm inside of a game, I'm shocked that there's very little if any input lag between the host and my avatar.' He then began to speak to himself aloud, "Well, yes, I do know that we are trapped inside of this, technically making this the real world for us stuck inside, however, after all, it is still only a game. Although it's important to note that I can't keep thinking about this world as just a game, I can't forgive myself for the things that have happened and will continue to happen." Suddenly, it's almost like a fire lit inside of Kuruyama and he rushed at the wild boar once more with intense fury and slashed at it once more. "I must become stronger, no, I will become stronger. I will protect those that rely on me!" With the small outburst, the blade came down slicing the wild boar and causing massive damage. With almost no time to react, Kuruyama felt the wild boar slam into his stomach knocking him backward and leaving him writhing in pain from the blow.

Battle Stats:

Spoiler

Lv: 1 «Kuruyama» | HP: 17/20 | Energy: 0/2 | DMG: 5 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 1 |

| Wild Boar: HP: 3/10 | DMG: 3 |

Dice Result:

ID #: 104625

BD: 10 + 1 ACC = 11 - Major Crit! +2 DMG

MD: 6

Turn report:

3 DMG done to Kuruyama; 7 DMG done to Wild Boar

Edited by Kuruyama

It took a moment for Kuruyama to realize that there was no pain from the hit. This would be the first time he'd been hit in this world, instead of feeling any pain he felt almost nothing, it was bizarre. Kuruyama then stood back up grabbing his sword and resting it on his shoulder before going back into his battle stance. "Okay, so we don't actually feel any pain once we get hit, and the sensation is enough to be able to ignore, at least for now." He locked his gaze on the wild boar once more and started toward it once more hoping to finish the fight with this blow. "Alright, this time you're going down!" Kuruyama then thrust his blade at the boar hoping to skewer it, and finally ending the fight. Once the blade connected with it's target, the wild boar let out a shriek and then exploded into a million little bits that finally disappeared into the air. Finally, the battle was over, Kuruyama placed his sword on his back and was greeted by a notification window giving him a summary of the loot that he had gained from that battle.

Battle Stats:

Spoiler

Lv: 1 «Kuruyama» | HP: 17/20 | Energy: 0/2 | DMG: 5 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 1 |

| Wild Boar: HP: 0/10 | DMG: 3 |

Dice Result:

ID #: 104627

BD: 7 + 1 ACC = 8 - Success

MD: 4

Turn report:

5 DMG done to wild boar; wild boar defeated; 0 DMG done to Kuruyama

Loot:

Spoiler

Col: 30

Dice Result:

ID #: 104628

LD: 5

CD: 6

No Extra Items dropped

Loot Total:

+30 Col

Edited by Kuruyama

Kuruyama closed out of the notification window that appeared before him, "Cool, an extra thirty Col to my stash." He stretched for a moment and looked around, he really should be getting back to the task at hand. He felt a bit more comfortable with himself in combat now that he's had a bit of experience, however, this experience was only a little bit with a mostly harmless monster. He looked at his health bar in the upper right corner of his vision and noticed that he only took three points of damage. He flicked through his inventory and looked at the starter potions that he was given and noticed that they healed up to fifty points of damage. He thought that there would be better times to use the potions and that now was not one of those times. He exited out of the inventory menu and went to work searching around the area for the materials he needed. Unfortunately, he did not find any of the materials he was looking for in this area. "I can't give up, I know that I'll find these materials soon enough."

Stats: 

Spoiler

Lv: 1 «Kuruyama» | HP: 20/20 | Energy: 1/2 | DMG: 5 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 1 |

Dice Result:

Spoiler

Searching for materials

ID #: 104650

LD: 2 - Fail

Total Quest materials: 1/5 T1 Materials

Edited by Kuruyama

Determined to finish the quest, Kuruyama went to another location that seemed that it would have the materials that he needed. So far he hasn't been extremely lucky with finding the materials, with only finding one out of five so far. However, he wouldn't let luck determine the fate of his mission, he would persevere until the completion of his mission. He finally arrived at the location that he was going to be searching in, hoping that this new area would be more beneficial than the last. Before searching for any materials he looked around at the new scenery, it was absolutely breathtaking. Instead of wide open fields it there was a small forest with a stream running through it, the sound of the trickling water was almost mesmerizing. Kuruyama went over to the small stream and took a sip of the water, he wasn't sure if it was the system sending false signals but he could almost swear that the water was real. It both felt and tasted like actual spring water. Without hesitating, Kuruyama took a few more handfuls of water before he sat back and took a bit of a rest. After a few moments, he got up stretched a bit and decided it was time to search. This time he put his hands into the water and felt around near the bottom of the stream. After a few moments of searching, Kuruyama splashed the water in frustration and he once again laid back looking up into the sky.

Spoiler

Dice Result:

Searching for materials

ID #: 104662 

LD: 7 - Fail

Quest Total: 1/5 T1 Materials

Edited by Kuruyama

A couple of hours later, Kuruyama opens his eyes and looks around, he didn't quite expect to take a short nap, although it was pleasant. He stumbled over to the stream to splash water on his face to help him wake up fully. As he went to dry his face off he saw a few wolves in the distance, hoping they would keep their distance but not taking any chances, Kuruyama walked away from them for he knew that he wouldn't be able to survive a pack fight. Further down the stream, he saw the reflection of the sun off of the water and knew that it would be getting dark soon. Once again he looked for a spot that would seem to yield the best results for his search and felt around gradually branching out into other smaller areas to try to improve his success. Yet again, his efforts bore no fruit of his labor. Getting agitated, Kuruyama headed back in the direction that he saw the wolves.

Spoiler

Dice Results:

Searching for Materials

ID #: 104666 

LD: 2 - Fail

Quest total: 1/5 T1 Materials

Edited by Kuruyama

Kuruyama kept walking along the side of the stream until he came upon two grey wolves, he wasn't sure if these were the same wolves as before but at this moment he didn't care too much. Luckily for him, he was still out of their detection range and had not yet turned hostile to him. He took this moment to remove the sword from his back and ready a sword art, he was going to try the same one that he had tried previously, hopefully, this time it would work. Kuruyama bent his knees and held his sword parallel to the ground getting ready to release the fury that was his attack. Kuruyama pushed off with his back foot and thrust toward the nearest wolf, however, this time he had overshot his target giving the wolf time to retaliate with a bite to his arm. The other wolf turned around and bit Kuruyama on his other arm.

Battle Stats:

Spoiler

Lv: 1 «Kuruyama» | HP: 10/20 | Energy: 0/2 | DMG: 5 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 1 |

| Grey Wolf #1: HP: 12/12 | DMG: 4 |

Dice Result:

ID #: 104667 

BD: 2 + 1 ACC = 3 - Fail

MD: 10 - Major Crit! +2 DMG

| Grey Wolf #2: HP: 12/12 | DMG: 4 |

Dice Result:

ID #: 104668

MD: 7 - Success!

Round Summary:

10 DMG done to Kuruyama; 0 DMG done to Grey wolf #1; 0 DMG done to Grey wolf #2.

Edited by Kuruyama

The two wolves were relentless in their attacks, Kuruyama glanced up at his status and noticed that in just two attacks his health had already dropped by half! Under normal circumstances, he wasn't one to give up and run away, but under these circumstances, he thought that it would be better to run and fight another day. Kuruyama started moving around violently trying to desperately shake the wolves off of his arms, Kuruyama got up and started running in the other direction hoping that he could evade the wolves and get them off of his trail. After a few moments of running and zig-zagging through the trees, he couldn't hear the wolves behind him anymore. He took several moments to rest and to reflect on his experience before regaining himself. He put his sword on his back and proceeded to walk in the direction of the stream and splashed himself in the face with the cool water. "Yep, never doing that again, at least not without the proper equipment... I have to keep my emotions in check if I am to survive in this world. I can't continue to do things recklessly." 

Stats:

Spoiler

Lv: 1 «Kuruyama» | HP: 10/20 | Energy: 1/2 | DMG: 5 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 1 |

Dice Result:

Running Away

ID #: 104669

LD: 15 - Success!

Kuruyama has run away successfully.

Edited by Kuruyama

Once he had sufficient time to process what had just happened, Kuruyama got back up and shook his head to at least dry his face off just a bit before continuing back closer to the gates of the Town of Beginnings. He figured that since he was able to find his first material around there, that he would have much better luck with finding more materials over in that area. He thought that since it was getting dark he might as well make his way back toward civilization and search at least a couple more times before calling it a night. He outstretched his arms over the ground and started to part the grass looking in every nook and cranny trying to find at least a sliver of material. It wasn't long before he saw the shimmer of what could only be a material that he's been looking for, for so long. He picked it up and quickly put it into his inventory and started hunting for another.

Stats:

Spoiler

Lv: 1 «Kuruyama» | HP: 20/20 | Energy: 2/2 | DMG: 5 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 1 |

Searching for Materials

Spoiler

Dice Result:

ID #: 104797

LD: 19 - Success!

Quest total: 2/5 T1 Crafting Materials

Edited by Kuruyama

Ecstatic with his find, he continued searching around the area that he was in, constantly telling himself that there were more materials around. Hoping that he was right and not just trying to hype himself up, he continually parted the grass and expanded the area. After a few moments of searching, he decided to stand up and stretch his back just a bit, since he didn't feel any pain in this world, it was mostly out of habit. He once more went back to his search, thinking to himself, "If I don't find anything here soon I'll just head back into town for the night and explore around." 

It seemed that he would only find one every so often in various locations, he wasn't sure if it was from his own luck or if it was because he was such a low level. He was particularly convinced that it was a combination of the two. Kuruyama went back into the Town of Beginnings for the night and started to look around, sure it was the same sights he's had for the past two years, but it somehow felt different. He felt like he had some sort of purpose, and to think that it was all because of this quest. 

Searching for materials:

Spoiler

Dice Result:

ID #: 104799

LD: 6 - Fail

Quest Total: 2/5 T1 Crafting Materials

Edited by Kuruyama

The next morning, Kuruyama went out to the field with high hopes for today. "If I start out positive then my positivity should rub onto everything else that I do today! Time to go find some materials!" Kuruyama navigated the streets of the town of beginning until he reached the gate leading out of the town. He decided that he might have better luck going to the forest in the morning than late at night. He was curious to see if the system had specific areas that it favored at certain times of the day, and he was going to dedicate his day experimenting with these different locations. Once he reached the forest, he saw the stream that he was at before, "alright, let's see if you're going to give me some materials this time." He reached down into the water and began his search. Unfortunately, he didn't find anything that he was looking for, but he was determined this time and he wasn't going to give up that easily.

Searching for Materials:

Spoiler

ID #: 104889

LD: 8 - Fail

Quest total: 2/5 T1 Crafting Materials

Edited by Kuruyama
  • 1 year later...

He went again, further down the river in search of any usable materials. Every now and again he thought he would see the shimmer of material ready to be collected, however, what he found was only misery and deceit. "I guess other players have already come and gathered all of the materials here already. Oh well, as much of a bummer it is, I'll have to press on." Hoping to have better luck elsewhere, he decided that it might be best, after all, to venture out of the forest and into the clearing ahead. He scouted the area and luckily there seemed to be just a few frenzy boar in the area. Kuruyama would make an effort to not approach too closely to the boar, but they wouldn't pose much of an issue if he were to venture too close to them. His only thoughts were that if he aggroed them all at once, it might be a bit of a problem.

Searching for Materials:

Spoiler

Dice Result:

ID#: 131196

LD (Quest: 11+): 4 - Fail

No material Found.

Quest total: 2/5 T1 crafting Materials

Edited by Kuruyama

Upon scouting the area, Kuruyama noticed that there was a small nook a small distance away from the mobs that were roaming the fields. Thinking that this was an opportune spot for something, he decided to investigate closer. The closer he got to the nook, the more he noticed that it looked more like a rabbit hole, regardless, he stuck his hand into the hole and fished around for anything he could grasp. After a few moments of feeling around, Kuruyama had finally grabbed onto something. Quickly pulling his hand out of the hole revealed what he hand in his hand was nothing more than a rabbit. Feeling defeated he placed the rabbit back into the hole and started to walk over to the mobs he was so determined not to aggro. "Guess it's time for me to blow off some steam. If I can't find what I'm looking for, I might as well try a new approach."

Searching for materials:

Spoiler

Dice Results:

ID #: 131205

LD: 1

No Materials Found.

Quest Total: 2/5 T1 Crafting Materials

Edited by Kuruyama

Removing the sword from his back, Kuruyama would begin his assault on the unsuspecting mobs that were in front of him. Within a few moments, two of the three frenzy boars that were in the area began to aggro him. Hoping to make quick work of this fight he brought his sword back and activated one of his sword arts. "Take this, for your day of reckoning has come!" With the finishing of his battle cry, he would accelerate toward one of the boars successfully skewering it upon impact. He didn't have time to fling the finished foe off of his blade before it disintegrated. He then turned to face the other boar, but he was too slow, he was already rolling around on the ground from the attack of the next boar. He then steadied himself and regained his footing preparing himself for his next attack. "If that's the best you've got, then that's just not enough!"

Battle Stats:

Spoiler

|Party|
|Lv: 1 «Kuruyama» | HP: 16/20 | Energy: 0/2 | DMG: 5 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 1 | Hate: 0 |

|Enemy|
|Lv:1 Frenzy Boar#1 | HP: 0/10 | DMG: 3 |

Dice Result:
ID#: 131206
BD: 5 + 1 = 6
MD: 10

|Lv:1 Frenzy Boar#2 | HP: 10/10 | DMG: 3 |
Dice Result:
ID#: 131207 
MD: 9 - Crit + 1 DMG

Sword Arts Used:
Straight (x2) -2 EN

Round Summary:
10 DMG done to Frenzy Boar #1, Frenzy Boar #1 Defeated, 0 DMG done to Frenzy Boar #2, 4 DMG done to Kuruyama.

Loot:

Spoiler

Dice Result:
Col: 30 + 20 Bonus = 50
ID#: 131208 
LD: 1
CD: 2
(2) Bonus T1 Materials

Total Loot:
50 Col, (2) T1 Crafting Materials

Edited by Kuruyama

There was nothing that Kuruyama loved more than being in the midst of combat, where nothing mattered save for the determination to defeat your enemy. It was exhilarating, there was nothing else quite like it. One of Kuruyama's goals was to become a front line combatant to help clear the floors. His public response would be something along the lines of helping beat the game to set everyone free. However, the real reason was pure adrenaline. Kuruyama would never admit that he ran on the blood lust of another kill, but deep down inside he knew that he couldn't avoid it. He then again began to move into combat range with the remaining boar and went to slice at the boar, however, the boar was making a move to attack as well, causing Kuruyama to miss his mark and forcing him to dodge the attack. He was fortunate enough that he was still paying attention enough to be able to dodge the incoming attack.

Battle Stats:

Spoiler

|Party|
|Lv: 1 «Kuruyama» | HP: 16/20 | Energy: 0/2 | DMG: 5 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 1 | Hate: 1 |

|Enemy|
|Lv:1 Frenzy Boar#1 | HP: 0/10 | DMG: 3 |
|Lv:1 Frenzy Boar#2 | HP: 10/10 | DMG: 3 |
Dice Result:
ID#: 131224
BD: 1
MD: 1

Turn Summary:

Both Crit Fail no Damage done.

Edited by Kuruyama

Kuruyama grinned as he and the boar were both determined to take the other down. Even though this beast had no mind of its own and only followed what it was programmed to do, it felt different from the other boars somehow. It almost felt as if it did have a mind of its own. "This is getting good, don't let me down now, especially since I'm just now starting to have some fun!" Kuruyama went in again for another assault, hoping this time to confuse the boar's aiming algorithm and to hit. He started out as if he were going to activate a sword art, then within a second he started to spin for one revolution and bring his sword down as he finished the attack. As the blade was coming down, Kuruyama felt that satisfying resistance of contact as the blade made its' way through the boar's body. Once the blade hit the ground, Kuruyama was sent flying back yet again by the boar, apparently, it wasn't too happy being struck by a sword.

Battle Stats:

Spoiler

|Party|
|Lv: 1 «Kuruyama» | HP: 13/20 | Energy: 0/2 | DMG: 5 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 1 | Hate: 1 |

|Enemy|
|Lv:1 Frenzy Boar#1 | HP: 0/10 | DMG: 3 |
|Lv:1 Frenzy Boar#2 | HP: 5/10 | DMG: 3 |
Dice Result:
ID#: 131231
BD: 6 + 1 = 7
MD: 5

Turn Summary:

5 Damage done to Frenzy Boar #2, 3 Damage done to Kuruyama

Edited by Kuruyama