[OP] [F01] The Meeting

As Grimm was munching down on a bagel and sipping some coffee he got from some shady looking concession stand. A small ringing sound came out of nowhere, startling him. Along with a small yellow-orange bell icon which appeared in front of him. “Huh?” He muttered, clicking it then swiping his hand down, revealing the new message. It was from Kiroo, or Kiro, something like that, the way the name was used confused him. Grimm honestly wasn’t expecting a reply so soon. He put what was left of his food in his menu and began typing back. 

Spoiler

To: Kiroo

Subject: [Re] [Re] Your Message

Alright, sounds good, you can’t have to many friends in a place like this right? I’ll see you there, Expect to see me in around, fifteen minutes. I still have to finish my very late breakfast… Don't ask how I missed it, the details are unnecessary.

He realized he could walk and eat since his meal choice was so small, but not until after he hit send. “Well, I guess I’ll surprise him with an early arrival.” Grimm mumbled to himself. He quickly located and left the towns entrance and began walking towards the coordinates he manually marked on his map. On his way, he reequipped his combat gear, including his mask and cloak. He eventually made it into a forest like area, looking around at all the scenery and hopefully materials, which he could not find. He eventually made it near the coordinates and shouted: “Hello? Anyone there?”

Kiro sighed, shaking his head in disappointment. Truth to be told, he couldn’t tell how or why he was unlucky in these types of tasks. The blue-haired child knew for a fact that this was just a game, and that the luck he had on his previous life would not transfer to the next one. If anything, it got worsened by the same amount. He began to walk across the herbs and other types of plants in the area he was standing on, finding their beauty to be outstanding to say the least! The boy had been doing his best to mentally prepare himself for the last couple of months and, thanks to his newly-made friends, he was able to progress at a rather quick pace in this world, and hopefully he could keep it going like this for a while long until he could protect himself on his own. Though, the kid would make sure to contact each one of them in times of need; for example, when he needed support against a field boss in one of the higher floors were he would be joining the frontline players, or at least that’s what he hoped.

The boy took a short moment to glance at the two once more, noticing that they were getting along quite well for two people who had just met. He was quite jealous of their relationship and, truth to be told, he wanted to get along with everyone just as well. The older woman called Sunova noticed that he was gazing at them and explained how finding items worked in Aincrad. It was something based on luck, was what he understood from her explanation which was very simple to understand and remember in future instances. Kiro turned his head forward once again, continuing to view his menu in the messages section to read his news partner’s message over and over again, while Su viewed him from behind while skipping around. She quickly stepped by and moved closer to Kurayama, beginning to re-explain their goals and what they would do in dangerous situations. He took a moment of his time to listen to what she had to say, knowing that it would be important for the rest of their training session.

The female was insisting in making the boy feel safe around them one of their priorities, and somehow he felt very nice and happy because of that. The boy gently smiled to her, bowing his head in due respect. Kiro was once more thinking about opening the friend menu and sending each one of them a friend request, but he thought that he could save it for later now that it would possibly bother them and make them unable to concentrate mid battle and that was surely not something he wanted to see happen to any of them. A single mistake could end their lives in this game, so they has to be careful when sealing with these types of scenarios. The child walked away to another spot to see what there was yet to be found and picked up, but decided to give up on it for the time being and to search for animals to fight against instead.

Before he could move away from the couple, Sunova stopped him and commented about the new player joining their party and how they were called. “He’s called Grimm, I think,” he declared, smiling gently to the female. Kiro thought that the man had already joined their party by now, but he didn’t want to bother the female with false news as he didn’t check himself.  The boy looked around once more, spotting a dark frenzy boar roaming around the camp of flowers and destroying a few of them. He pointed his finger towards it, signaling his two available teammates to go after it first now that they were the most experienced ones out of the bunch, and the strongest ones too. While he was happy that they found a chest, there was an opponent that they had to defeat. Moments later, the boy heard someone yell to them. Most likely, it was the person seeking to help them. It was surprising how quick he got here, considering how late his message arrived. “Good morning. We’re about to fight against that monster,” he briefly explained, waiting to see how the others would react.

Spoiler

Party:

Kiro: 20/20 HP | 2 EN | 4 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 EVA | 0 ACC |

Sunova: 160/160 HP | 14/16 EN | 4 DMG | 2 ACC | 0 EVA | 0 MIT | BLD 12 |

Kuruyama: 20/20 HP | 2 EN | 5 DMG | 0 EVA | 0 MIT | 1 ACC |

Grimm: [?]

Enemies:

Frenzy Boar: 10/10 HP | 3 DMG | 0 EVA | 0 MIT |

@Kuruyama @Sunova @Grimm

Edited by Kiro

She started thinking a bit as Kiro said the name, "Grimm, Grimm, I know that name from somewhere, maybe I will remember if he gets here," she said to Kiro. She lets out a sigh and looks at the distances a bit thinking about the place, and how she knew the name, Grimm. As she thought a good time it started to come back a bit, she knew the name because of a beach party. And not only that Grimm the guy that the name was from was also friends with Hazado who was her best friend in this game. She has not been in contact with him for some time and she still wanted to know what he is doing. But not to dwell on that for long as she looked over to Kuruyama who has seemed to find a treasure chest.

"Hye! Big guy, your very lucky getting a chest that not has been found yet, maybe open it and find what is in it," she yelled at him sounding more friendlier as she did it. This was because she started to trust them and it was a good sign, but if any of them turned out to be bad, what was very unlikely to happen, she would just start attacking as well as both of them were lower level. "Kuruyama next boar will be your to take down with Kiro so join him over there," she said to him sounding just as serious again as she did before. It was just a thing that Su did, she was very happy most of the time and it would be a waste of time to not be, but there were times where you needed to act on your actions and this was for Su also a good training to keep her rage while fighting in check and become more of a leader and tactician.

He then looked over to Kiro who pointed out to a boar who was standing there in the flowers while eating and destroying them at the same time. "Aaw the flowers, Kiro Kuruyama it's your turn to show what you know, I won't help as the system does most of the work so training is a big word in the game," she said waving Kuruyama over to Kiro so that they started to fight the boar. But before she could sit down she hears the other voice, a male voice came from somewhere and as she looked around she saw a guy with a familiar face walk up." Wait, I knew it I was right, " she said jumping up and walking over to the new player that joined them "you are Grimm, nice to see you again, how have you been doing sins the beach party." She said sounding very energetic in her voice to see that she was right, she smiled at Grimm and this and did a small spin and ended with a small bow " so, Grimm as you can see I'm helping those two level one players on there first fight, and one thing, have you heard anything from Hazado, because I like to know what he has been doing."  She said cutting away the serious tone in her voice and sounding happy and very very energetic.

Spoiler

Party:

Kiro: 20/20 HP | 2 EN | 4 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 EVA | 0 ACC |

Sunova: 160/160 HP | 14/16 EN | 4 DMG | 2 ACC | 0 EVA | 0 MIT | BLD 12 |

Kuruyama: 20/20 HP | 2 EN | 5 DMG | 0 EVA | 0 MIT | 1 ACC |

Enemies:

Frenzy Boar: 10/10 HP | 3 DMG | 0 EVA | 0 MIT

@Kuruyama @Kiro @Grimm

Edited by Sunova

Grimm double checked the coords before finally arriving at the exact point. He then noticed a small group of players. Going under the assumption that they in fact were the people he was looking for, he greeted them. “Hello, I’m Grimm. Friend’s call me Seb. Anyway, it’s nice to meet you all.” He said cheerfully. He was greeted by one of the players, whom he recognized from somewhere. She asked the standard how have you been questions, but she seemed a little to, hyper, she reminded him of someone from long ago. “You’re Sunnova, correct? Sorry if I got it wrong, I’m not exactly the Isaac Newton of remembering names. Anyway, I’m doing good. Thanks for asking.” She then asked another question, about Hazado, he answered it to the best of his abilities. “Actually, I found him on floor sixteen, not the party, no, but I kinda ran into him on another beach a few days ago.“ Grimm said, Sunnova seemed to be super energetic at the moment, why he have no idea, maybe she got ahold of some caffeine tablets? Another player, how he figured out was Kiroo, or Kiro, told Grimm what they were doing. “Your, fighting monsters?” Grimm curiously, looking up at the boar, then having some of his posture disappear. “I n-never actually fought something in game before…” Sebastian said, sounding a little nervous.

It had been a while since Vigilon had gone to the first floor, but, hey, there were still so many players who had yet to start. He walked over to the bulletin board, and found something there that had his interest. So he pulled up his messenger, and typed a message to send to the player who wrote what he'd found on the board.

To: Kiro

Hey, so you want to meet players who wish to help each other out? Count me in, I'm looking forward to meeting you.

-Vigilon

When he finished and sent the message, he marked the coordinates that were on the note onto his map, so that he could head over. Why was he rushing into this blindly, he thought? Nah, he didn't need to worry. If this was a trap, he could get out of it easily. "Come on, Veriost," He said to his small white frost dragon which was sleeping on his shoulder. "We're going back to meeting some players." And he was off to the destination that the coordinates lead to.

@Kiro

Totally entranced by just finding a treasure chest, it's almost like nothing else was going on around Kuruyama. His heart pounded hard in his chest, what would he find? Col? A super legendary weapon, most likely not since this was on the first floor. However, he wasn't concerned about the intricacies of where he was, all he knew in his heart was he had found something that he's never found before. He placed his hands on the treasure chest and hesitated a moment before opening it. What if it was a trap? What if someone left this here because they somehow knew that it would be disastrous. Doubt began to cloud Kuruyama's mind and if he didn't act fast he would rather just leave the chest there and move on. Without another thought, Kuruyama pushed on the lid to see if it would open. The chest lid opened and Kuruyama received the following notification: «Congratulations!» You have received 75 Col, (3) T1 materials, (2) rare [unidentified] consumables! He was beyond delighted, he went to turn around to tell everyone what the chest contained and it was then he realised that Kiro was engaging a frenzy boar and Su was talking to some other person that seemed to just randomly appear, he figured it must've been the other person that was interested in the notification Kiro placed on the board. He figured it would be best to save his announcement for later and he headed off to help Kiro with his combat situation.

Dice Result

Spoiler

Opening Treasure Chest

ID #: 105045

LD: 11

+ 75 Col, (3) T1 materials, (2) rare [unidentified] consumables

@Kiro @Sunova @Grimm

Edited by Kuruyama

Kiro nodded to the older female, noticing that she had been speaking about this make for a while and wondering why that name was so familiar to her. He had no idea about who was about to join them, so there was no way to reply to her question but to shake his head. The blue-haired child proceeded to look forward and their new target and to examine his movements, which seemed to be very basic but realistic. At times like these, he would forget that he was in a virtual reality world because of the minimal difference of the two worlds. There seemed to be lack of defense in this mob, which made him seem like a weak target but it could possibly be deadly to him and his teammate. Hopefully, the two of them would defeat it in time to survive it’s attacks. This was his first time in a party, but he already knew everything about teamwork and the special technique that could be performed between two fighters. The boy never did manage to explain it to the two, now that the name of it was self-explanatory and that they would probably understand on their first attempt. He quickly closed his eyes and tried to focus on his opponent, trying to view his next actions against them and how they would end up defeating it without receiving much damage, or any at that.

Kiro would dash forward with his sword in hand, performing a swift slash against his opponent which would cut through it’s skin and leaving a pixelated injury. Then, he would command a swift with his partner where he would charge in and finish their opponent off with his long weapon. The child nodded his head, opening his eyes and locking them on his target. He turned to face the white-haired male called Kuruyama, approaching him in a friendly manner. “I wanted to use a technique that I’ve learned about a while ago. It’s called switch, and it’s a technique where I would attack my opponent and ask for someone to take my place to finish it off. It is quite basic, but I want to see if the two of us can successfully perform it,” he explained to the adult, unsheathing his blade and making his way to the boar. The boy took a short breath, examining the area once again and trying to calculate the possibilities of him failing the initial assault and for Kuruyama to continue the chain like he was supposed to. He sighed, guessing that this game was, after all, based of luck and strategies at first and that he would have to try before giving up in this task. He was going to be supported by both his teammate and the system, so he decided to trust them and see how things turned out. His initial strike landed against his opponent successfully, making it stagger and walk back being unable to perform a comeback. He turned around to face his friend, dashing backward while shouting, “Switch!” 

Spoiler

ID: 105046 Basic Attack Against Frenzy Boar: 6 BD. Attack Successful! (4 DMG)

Frenzy Boar misses Kiro! (1 MD)

Spoiler

Party:

Kiro: 20/20 HP | 1/2 EN | 4 DMG | 0 MIT | 0 EVA | 0 ACC | 1 Hate | [Requesting a Switch.]

Sunova: 160/160 HP | 14/16 EN | 4 DMG | 2 ACC | 0 EVA | 0 MIT | BLD 12 | 0 Hate |

Kuruyama: 20/20 HP | 2/2 EN | 5 DMG | 0 EVA | 0 MIT | 1 ACC | 0 Hate |

Enemies:

Frenzy Boar: 6/10 HP | 3 DMG | 0 EVA | 0 MIT

@Kuruyama @Sunova @Grimm @Vigilon

Edited by Kiro

Su looks back at the two guys that were with her at the beginning, It seems like they started to attack a Boar, "Hey Don't over do it, Make Sure to keep distance between you and the monster even if you attack," she yells at the two sounding serious again. She then turned to Grimm as he said he never did any combat on the game, "Wait what, How have you even got to floor sixteen And not only that have seen Haz," she said as she pouted a bit as he said this, It was not fair as Haz was always busy doing something but rarely had time dealing with his friends, What was he up to, and what was he planning to do. Su then opened her menu and looked at the thing that was happening as she wrote something down on a notebook she got out of her inventory.

She turned to Grimm and looked at him a bit and started to smile, "You said your name was Seb, Well then please Just call me Su if you want," she said, She then walked over to a tree not far from the two battling and smiled as she started drawing something in the notebook she had. She started to Draw a boar as it was standing in a battle stance and not far away from the boar on her drawing was a figure that still needed to be drawn.  Su was drawing the fight that was happening right in front of her and it was good to see that the kid Kiro was having fun as well. Su would Jump in If anything was or is going wrong and would deal with the Boar herself maybe get Grimm Into this Fight as well, "Hye Seb! Join then, Show me what you got, all you three in first combat and work as a team," she yelled at Grimm who was standing there.

@Grimm @Kiro @Kuruyama

• 1 month later...

[OOC: Sorry I killed the thread. :-( ]

Grimm watched as the two guys took turns in slashing at the boar. To be honest, it was kinda invigorating. Like watching a football match but with less football and more life and death. Sunnova said Grimm should show they what he can do. Panic immediately flooded him. "Wait! Thats the problem. I don't know how to fight." Grimm said, a frown forming on his face. "I was hoping I could watch, and possible some pointers pin hows to swing a scythe." He let out a shallow laugh. "So, by all means, ladies first." He opened his menu and equipped his scythe, appearing on his back before he drew it. Maybe he would learn to fight after all. He remembered the Spangie promised to teach him. He began wondering where her whereabouts were. Good people disappear all the time here, he had experienced it firsthand. 

@Sunova

@Kiro

@Kuruyama

Edited by Grimm
  • 1 year later...

[OOC: Sorry guys for not being active for over a year, however, if anyone is still here and semi-active, I'm here again, hit me up on discord.]

[Note to PST: spoiler tags are a bit broken. I do apologize.]

Kuruyama did his best to rush to where the action was taking place, however, he was a good ways away from the combat to be of any actual use. As usual, Kiro would be fighting and Su would be instructing him on how he should be doing things. She is a level eight after all, so it would make sense for her to teach him and only get involved when needed to avoid a fatality. Before Kiro went in to attack the boar, he was saying something that was difficult to comprehend from the distance between Kiro and himself. However, once the attack hit successfully Kuruyama heard loud and clear Kiro's call. With sword in hand, he pulled the sword back and firmly held it between his two hands. "I'm coming buddy! SWITCH!" With the call of his own, he lunged forward, rapidly accelerating to reach the boar, within a few seconds he felt the blade connect and skewer the monster. When Kuruyama went to fling the boar off of the end of his blade, a message appeared in front of the two. «Congratulations!» You have received: 50 Col, 1 rare [Unidentified] weapon, and 1 uncommon [unidentified] consumable. Kuruyama could hardly contain his excitement, first a treasure chest and now two unknown items one being a rare weapon! After closing his congratulations popup, he would walk over to Kiro and pat him on the back, "Good job on that switch! I'm just glad that I was close enough to be able to do something with it." Kuruyama smiled at Kiro, "It seems to be getting late, at least for me, so I'm going to head back to town. It was fun! Before leaving Kuruyama would open his menu and add both Kiro and Su as a friend. "If you guys ever need anything at all, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. Ever." With a nod, Kuruyama would head back in the direction of the Town of Beginnings.

Battle Stats:

Spoiler

| Lv: 1 «Kuruyama» | HP: 20/20 | Energy: 0/2 | DMG: 5 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 1 |
| Wild Boar: HP: -4/10 | DMG: 3 |
Dice Result:
ID #: 131173
BD: 6 + 1 ACC = 7 - Success
Damage Math: Straight SA (-2 EN) (5 DMG * 2) = 10
Turn Report: 
 -2 energy; 10 DMG done to Wild Boar

Loot:

Spoiler

Col: 50 (30 base + 20 bonus)
ID: 131174
LD: 12
CD: 7
Items: 1 rare [unidentified] weapon, 1 uncommon [unidentified] consumable
Total loot:
+50 Col, +1 rare [unidentified] weapon, +1 uncommon [unidentified] consumable

Thread Summary:

Spoiler
Thread Summary:
Col: 525
Bonus Col: 400
SP: 1
Total Posts: 30
Items gained:
Kuruyama: +225 Col, (3) T1 materials, (2) rare [unidentified] consumables, 1 rare [unidentified] weapon, 
1 uncommon [unidentified] consumable
Kiroo: 100 Col
Sunova: 100 Col
Grimm: 100 Col

Edited by Kuruyama
formatting