[ PP - F01 ] New Beginnings <<The First Few Lessons Are Free>> w/ Prometheus

Sighing to herself, Artemis put on a determined face. I'm going to find that shop! But.. why is this town so big?! She looked left and right, only to be faced with crowds of people and shops she wasn't looking for. It can't be that hard. If other people did it, so can I. The strawberry blonde laughed nervously to herself and started walking aimlessly. I'm pretty sure someone said it should be right around.. here! She turned the corner and gave a joyous chuckle. "Finally! I've been looking for.." she trailed off, hours? Minutes? I don't care anymore! Stretching her arms, she released a small yawn, "I heard this quest is relatively easy.. just my kind of quest!" she mumbled to herself, a smile creeping on her face. 

Trembling with excitement, she clapped her hands together and sighed happily. This is going to be. So. Much. Fun! Skipping happily towards the shop, she didn't realize her feet were slipping below her until she was already face flat on the ground. She stayed like that for a while, having her daily dose of day dreaming. How does that work? I mean it's not like the path is made out of ice. The real question is, why am I still laying down like this? Useless thoughts!

@Prometheus

Prometheus turns, watching the tiny child fall onto her face and smirks, heh, she fell on her face. He turns and walks towards her, stopping a few inches short of stepping on her. He leans back and starts nudging her with his foot. “Hey.” He says, trying to get her attention. “You dead? And if so, can I have your stuff?” He asks, smiling. The heavily armored man kneels down and pokes her in the arm. She might actually be dead. Huh, maybe if I draw my sword she’ll get up. He shakes his head, that’s way too rude. He looks at her, lying on the ground. “So where you headed? I’m off to this store here.” He says, gesturing towards the store behind him. He leans forward and says, “If you don’t get up the thieves here might take your stuff, and I don’t feel like beating the crap out of anyone today. Well, not right now. Well...” He stands up and looks around. “C’mon kiddo, I’ll buy you chocolates.” He picks up the child and sets her down on her feet.

@Artemis

She felt someone nudging her side with a foot. "Hi there," she mumbled, her face still in the ground. Not raising her face, she lifted her arm and gave a small wave. "I wouldn't appreciate you taking my stuff, it's not like I have anything good anyways," she gave an inaudible sigh and rolled over, her face now up. "Whats up?" she smiled brightly and waved again. Mr. No Face? She squinted at the player in front of her. I swear this reminds of a book I read before.. she shook her head, no! Bad Amai, stop day dreaming about random stuff! The player face palmed herself and looked behind him at the shop she was looking for. Oh yeah. She stood up slowly and gave a thumbs up, "yeah, I'm heading there also! Coincidences right?" she giggled, rubbing her hands together.

"K-kiddo?" she nearly choked on air. I didn't even know I could choke on air! "I'm not a kid!" she huffed, crossing her arms. Glaring up at him, she squinted at him before shrugging. "W-wait! You said chocolate?" That is something I'm definitely craving right about now. "I'm definitely coming then!"

@Prometheus

He looks at her, looking at her with his head trying to tilt. This armor makes it difficult to emote. "You're like two feet tall, and I just persuaded you with candy." He laughs. "You're also traveling with a total stranger." She could be helpful, I'll keep her close. He turns and walks towards the store, "HEY, OLD FART!" He chuckles making his way into the shop, "Two things, I want this quest and do you know where to find any chocolate?" He looks over towards the tiny lady. This world might just tear her apart. Hopefully I'm wrong, but this world has broken players before. He looks around the store, This place is crap, I bet it would burn nicely though. It would be so easy to destroy. He starts to smile and his eyes widen. Yes, it would go up in flames, and engulf the entire town. It'd be glorious. He shakes his head and looks around. Oh yeah, there's a child in here. "Hey, do you know where to go for this quest, I usually don't explore." He leans on the counter.

@Artemis

She looked up and and shrugged with a grin, "and you look like you came out of Jack and the Beanstalk but you don't see me complaining!" She giggled, sticking out her tongue and blowing a raspberry at him. "Who could so no to candy?! Candy is basically my middle name!" she declared, pointing to herself. Technically.. it's more like my last name. She chuckled at the thought, brushing it off with a smile. "Oh hush, strangers are just friends you haven't met." she smirked cheekily, following after him into the shop with a skip in her step. She gave a light laugh at his name for the shop keeper and peered over the counter just barely, "I want the same thing he wants!" she pointed to Prometheus and put her arms over the counter, lifting herself up a bit. 

Zackiriah gave a hardy chuckle at them, shaking his head. I bet he's saying, 'what is an overgrown ten year old doing in my shop?' Well good sir, I frankly don't know! Her face brightened as she received the pop up in front of her. Leaping back from the counter, she pressed on the 'accept' button and grinned, "Hehe.. this is gonna be so fun!" She looked up at her quest buddy like a puppy and nodded frantically, "yes! Yes, it should just be in the forest outside of town."

@Prometheus

He looks at her, surprised. She's tiny, but she knows her stuff. She'd be good at being an info broker if she wasn't so innocent. "I guess we're off to the forest then." He walks forward and ducks under the doorway. Dang, she's right, I am a giant. "So this forest, you know anything about it?" He asks, making his way towards the center of town. Prometheus grabs the top of his helmet. She won't trust the man with no face, but I can't trust her. I can't trust anyone, not in here. He lets go of the helmet. He sighs, turning to the exit of town.

When they step out of the town he draws his sword almost instantly. "Wait there's a good chance there won't be any fighting." He sheathes his sword and slouches, This game sucks. Not much fighting, no fire. It's all the bad parts of the real world and none of the cool stuff. He looks at the child next to him. "Okay bubbles, you ready for this?"

@Artemis

Edited by Prometheus

She giggled and pointed forward, "off to the great beyond, and even farther!" She skipped off, following after him with a bright smile. I wonder if the chocolate here will taste just as good as chocolate in the real world.. the though of the candy made her mouth want to water. It might even better! I've never tried fancy chocolate. Maybe they have some here! She pondered in her head as she followed him, I wonder if they have dark chocolate! Agh, get out of my head! I can't stop thinking about it now! She hit her head with her palm and sighed. Sweets are going to be the death of me.

She skeptically at his sword and shrugged, "it is a gathering quest, unless we run into a spooky monster, I don't think so," she looked up at him and grinned. "You look like you could protect yourself though!" She exclaimed, tapping on his armor in amazement. "Bubbles?! What? I'm not a kid, stop giving me nicknames!" She whined, her eyes widening soon after. "Oh my gosh, I haven't told you my name yet!" She shook her head and sighed. Stupid. She held out a hand and grinned, "My name is Am- I mean Artemis!"

@Prometheus

"Goddess of the wilderness and the hunt?" He pats her on the head. "Almost fits, I'm Prometheus, god of fire." He keeps walking. It's a weird coincidence that we're both named after deities. He walks towards the forest, smiling the whole way. I'm gonna get some col, and I'm gonna burn this world to the ground. He looks to the lady next to him. "Okay bubbles, the best spot might be up there. Wanna take the scenic route or the fast way." He keeps walking. This girl, so innocent. "So, you ever had the chocolate in this world? You think it's good?" He leans against a tree nearby and chuckles. I need to protect her. I've seen some ruthless players, and they make me look well adjusted and sane.

He hides behind a tree and takes off his helmet. He fixes his hair and puts his helmet back on. Fire would be awesome right about now. He starts punching a tree, watching the "Immortal Object" pop up appear and he continues to punch it. "Can't get too out of shape, gotta keep practicing. You get started on the search, I'll catch up."

@Artemis

She frowned as he patted her head and sighed in defeat. I can't change this guys mind. I guess I'll forever be a kid in his eyes. Regaining her happy composure, she clapped her hands together and grinned, "ah, thats so cool! I absolutely love mythology. Especially Greek and Roman, I just find it all so interesting!" She explained, hurrying after him. The player pouted, crossing her arms, "Bubbles? Seriously?" She stuck her tongue at him and then took his question into thought. "Uhm.. maybe the scenic route? I mean, I have all day. If you have something better to do, we can do the fast route I guess," she shrugged, a small smile played on her lips.

Giving him a sceptic look as he punched the tree, she shrugged. "I mean, I don't think you can really get out of shape here but okay," she giggled, putting her hands behind her back. "Oh, okay. I won't go too fast, okay?"

She wondered off, skipping happily through the forest. Feeling her feet give away before her again, she let out a small yelp right before she face planted into the forest floor. Why does the God of luck hate me? She looked up slowly and her eyes widened, "I found one!"

ID : 104689

LD : 13, Success

+ 1 Material

@Prometheus

Edited by Artemis

Prometheus walks up behind the girl on the ground, excited that she found a material. "Sheesh, you'd think you found a new elephant plushy." He smiles and walks over grabbing a material right away. I knew it would be easy, but come on, this is a breeze. He walks to a nearby tree and plops down. "You don't do the whole standing up a lot, do you?" He laughs and turns to the side. I need to find a way to light stuff on fire or I'll die of boredom. He looks up to the excited little girl and nods. "I like the woods, It's so calm and peaceful." He stands up and crosses his arms. He taps his feet and looks around to check the area. "Maybe I could help people... Nah." He chuckles drawing and leaning on his sword. "I can't believe you just followed me out here with no help at all. You need a body guard." He says and nods.

ID: 104691

LD: 17

+1 Material

@Artemis

Edited by Prometheus

"Ooh shut up, I want an elephant plush now!" She whined, standing up and putting the material in her inventory. "Come to think of it, I only had like.. one plush growing up. It was a cute little cat," she giggled, a sweet aura surrounding her. "I got that for like.. my 16th birthday. My brothers always knew what I wanted," she chuckled, remembering the pure white cat she had left in her room. "It's probably because out apartment complex didn't allow pets and I really wanted a cat." She smiled at the happy thought but shut her eyes. "No! No more flash backs! We need to focus on the task at hand!" She attempted to put on a serious face, but it look more like she was holding her breath than anything.

"Oh hush," she laughed lightly, "face planting in the ground is so much more comfortable, don't you think?" She shook her head at him, "oh come on! Helping people is so much fun! I mean, you get to see their happy faces and everything! And when people are happy, I'm happy," she sighed, losing herself to thought. No! Stop getting side tracked. She look up at him and shrugged, "I mean, I've been in Aincrad by myself for two years and I'm just fine, I'll live!" She chirped, looking around for more material. "I found another one!" She shouted, scrambling to pick up the material. 

ID : 104692

LD : 14, Success

+ 1 Materials

@Prometheus

Edited by Artemis

He smiles at the girl, It seems I can trust her. She's not allowed to see my face. He grabs the handle of his sword, No one can see my face. It's my one rule, the people who know me could kill me. "Hey, Artemis, I have to show you something, you have to swear to not tell anyone." He says, grabbing the sides of his helmet. I can trust her, she won't screw me over. "If I show you, and you tell people, I'll have to fight more people." He lets go of his helmet. She has to agree to carry this weight on her shoulders. "People don't generally like me and if they know who I am they can attack me when I'm vulnerable." I can't say these things. I don't know how else to explain it though. If she knows me, she's at risk. It's up to her, I can't throw this burden on her. "You have to agree, or you can't see." He looks around and sighs, finding nothing.

ID:104693

LD: 4

@Artemis

Edited by Prometheus

Putting the material back her inventory, she skipped back to him with a smile. "Oh cool, what is it?" Is it a spooky secret? Agh, I could finally get some information out of him! Yay! Her fingers twitched in anticipation. She made a zipper motion with her mouth and held up two fingers, "I promise I won't, scouts honor!" The player grinned. "Oh, I think you're fine," she reached up and patted him on the shoulder, "you're always vulnerable, so thats anytime," she shrugged, "you're just more aware at some points in time," she pointed out but nodded quickly. "Cross my heart and hope to die!" She made a cross motion over her heart and look up at him, expecting some answers. Oh, I'm so excited! What's he gonna show me? Maybe it's a deep and dark secret? I've only known him for less than a day.. maybe not that. Maybe a joke secret? oh, is this something like twenty-one questions?!

ID : 104696

LD : 1, Fail

@Prometheus

Edited by Artemis

Prometheus looks at the girl, who is clearly excited about the secret. Dang, now my secret is gonna let her down. I guess it's time though. He reaches up and takes off his helmet. "You're the only person who has ever seen my face." He smiles, "It's pretty rare for me to even trust people." He picks his helmet up and puts it on. "No one can know what I look like, what I just did was pretty dangerous for both of us." Yup, boring secret, but still, she's the only person who has ever seen my face and survived. "Every other person who's seen my face has died since. It was one, but still." I need to protect her, especially since she has this information. "If you ever need any help, just message me. If you get hurt, and I get identified, it'll be trouble for me." He looks around and finds nothing.

ID: 104698

LD: 7

@Artemis 

Edited by Prometheus

"Oh, thats a cool secret!" She gave him a closed eye smile and gave him a thumbs up. "Wow, I feel absolutely honored to see your face," she chuckled, tilting her head from side to side. "You look nice by the way, at least you aren't some old man who started balding already," she joked, trying to lighten the mood. "No one? As in, never ever? Ever?!" She frowned, "how do you live like that anyways? You must be pretty targeted if you have to wear a mask or helmet everyday." Her frowned, turned into an understanding smile not too long after, "but it's okay. I can fend for myself!" She made karate chops with her arms and looked up at him with a grin, "see? I'm perfectly fine!"

"O-oh," she laughed nervously, Jesus Christ, he's that targeted? "Yeah, psh.. I can live perfectly on my own, but I'll definitely ring you if I need any help." The strawberry blonde player gave him a faint smile and sighed. Theres always sacrifices to making friends I guess.

ID : 104700

LD : 4, Fail

@Prometheus

Edited by Artemis

Prometheus laughed, "Sorry if I bummed you out." He smiles, "Thanks for the compliment, you're not so bad yourself." He stands up and walks over and picks up a material. Like I said, too easy. He walks over to a tree nearby and sits down, leaning against the tree. He lays on his back, and puts his hands behind his back. "You think the game lets us do whatever we want to try to make sure we don't try to escape?" He looks around and smiles. Almost anything we want, I can't burn this entire kingdom. He sits up, "This world is different from ours and we just accept it. Doesn't that just sound weird?" He looks at her, taking off his helmet. "Think about it. This is nothing like the real life, in this world, the monsters are real, and the interpersonal relationships are fake." He lays back down slowly. "I've always wanted to protect something. I've never had anything to protect." He equips his helmet. "But that's just me." He exhales.

ID: 104706

LD: 17

+1 Material

(2 materials total)

@Artemis 

Edited by Prometheus

She shook her head and gave him a reassuring smile, “no, it’s fine. I don’t get bummed out. I’m too much of an optimist.” The player chuckled to herself. “Of course I’m not so bad,” she huffed, crossing her arms. “Anyone who loves chocolate and sweets is the definition of perfection!” She declared, slamming her fist down into her palm. 

She rubbed her chin and gnawed on the inside of her cheek, “nah. Remember when Kayaba said that he wanted a world that only he could control? There wouldn’t be a point of controlling a world if you had no limits or rules,” she shrugged, “but then again, I don’t know what went through his head so how am I supposed to know?” She giggled, twirling a long strand of her strawberry blonde hair. 

Plopping herself next to him, she tilted her head at his question. “Not really, this place is awesome if you ask me,” she grinned cheekily. “But.. in the eyes of other people, I’m not really sure. We all have different opinions I guess.” She glanced at him and sighed, “I guess it’s nothing like he real world, but that’s the point. What’s the point of creating something that already exists y’know?”

”Well, you’re doing a mighty fine job of protecting you face there,” she pointed out, a grin spreading across her face. Spotting more material she reached over to it and placed in her inventory. “Found one!”

ID : 104712

LD : 20, Success

+ 1 Material

@Prometheus

Edited by Artemis

"Hey, I found one too." He says, reaching over to pick up a material. He puts the material in his inventory and pats Artemis on the head. "You're a good person Artemis, don't let this world change you." He smiles under his helmet. He closes his eyes and leans against the tree. Why am I at ease? I'm not even at ease when I'm alone. He shakes his head and sits up, Best not to worry about it. "Hey bubbles, what do you plan to do in this world?" He looks at her.

Prometheus draws his sword and stabs it into the tree. "It's a seat if you want it. I prefer to sit on the ground and all that does is make it difficult." He leans back against the tree. This is the life, almost no worries, in the woods. There's no way it could get better. He closes his eyes, this time seeing nothing. Hmm... Guess I really am at ease.

ID: 104735

LD: 19

+1 Mateial

(3 total materials)

@Artemis

Edited by Prometheus

She stuck out her tongue at him, “not even Aincrad’s finest could change who I am, hah! Keep dreaming.” The player sighed happily and stretched her arms. I feel so stiff. Ack! She broke her chain of thought when he asked her a question. “Uh, I really don’t know. I’m kind of winging it, y’know?” She shrugged with a playful smile, “But I honestly think it did be cool if I went to the front lines, I honestly think everyone would think it’d be cool. Give it some more time and I could make a decision.”

She twirled a strand of hair around her finger and shook her head, “nah, sitting on sharp pointy objects aren’t my thing,” she joked cheekily. Fidgeting with strands of grass, she turned to him, “what do you plan to do in Aincrad? You look like you’d want to be in the front lines too if I must say, but looks don’t interpret everything.”

ID : 104736

LD : 4, Fail

@Prometheus

Edited by Artemis

Usually people don't ask me about my plans. It's weird but cool. Prometheus looks at the girl next to him and says, "My plans don't matter. I just want to fight the strongest monsters and protect the things I need to protect." He looks down at his hands. That means me and my home. He stands up and walks over to look for materials. "Nothing. I guess looting isn't my strong suit." Prometheus walks over and pulls his sword from the tree. "Also, if you're not gonna sit here, I'm holding this sword close." He sheathes his sword, She's unusual, but nice to me. I guess that's all that matters. He walks over to a tree and sits across from the girl. "You know what, when you get to the front lines, you wait for me, I'll be up there too." He says drawing his sword. "I vow to make it to the front lines." He says, lifting his sword up and slamming into the ground as hard as he can. "This sword is my oath."

ID: 104750

LD: 7 fail

@Artemis

Edited by Prometheus