[PP-F22] Fireheart <What We Fight For>

Spoiler

Rewards:

•  A framed picture containing the player(s) most missed memory from the real world.

Requirements:

• At least 1 page of RP content (20+ Posts)
  • Must roll LD: 17+ to find the memory Chamber

Summary:

Within the Forest of Memories, there have been hazy anomalies all throughout the forest that provide a feeling of familiarity. If the player would travel deeper into the forest, they will discover a set of stairs that lead down into the ground. The stairs eventually level out into a simple stone chamber, the doors creaking as they close behind them. The walls of the chamber soon reveal to be lined with reflective mirrors that show the player what they miss most from the real world. If the person has a strong connection with this desire, a scene pertaining to that memory will show itself upon the mirror they look into. After that the player will then receive a picture of the thing they miss most about the real world.

Embers sat on the 22nd floor with a pained look on her face. She had just discovered an ugly truth, something that, while part of her wished she hadn’t learnt, was best that she knew now, rather than never. Hestia’s warpath against Domarus had made some sense before, but now, it was so much clearer. The rage the burnt in the other girl was so more distinct. And Embers could feel that fire burning within her. An endless rage with a single question in mind. ‘Why did Hestia not tell me the truth? And why the hell did Domarus keep it hidden from her for so long?’

What was so wrong with honesty! The rage in the other girls eyes burned as she stared at her messenger system. A request to Hestia to meet her up here. There was a quest up here that she wanted to do, it sounded easy and, if nothing else, Hestia would talk. And if the other girl talked, then it was only fair she return the favour.

@Hestia

'Hestia, come and meet me on the 22nd floor. There is a quest i wanna get done, plus we can have a chat' 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look towards a message that pops up into my text box as i curiously glance over to see who had messaged me and why as i gain a rather small smile seeing that it is Embers. A girl that i had come to get to know and rather enjoy my company around during the coming times we had done some questing together. With a nod of my head towards myself as if to answer the question in front of me i begin to type out my response as i lean back into the chair that i am sitting in within my shop having a guitar now layed out in front of me on the counter where i would do my transactions of business.

Spoiler

Embers i will come as soon as i can expect me to be there in about an hour possibly since it is a bit of a travel from my shop towards Snowfrost's teleport gate.

With the message sent towards Embers i make my way out of my shop wearing a black jacket that has fur along the end to keep me warm without havingg to rely on my survival skill as my familiar joins me. I smile down towards the white as snow familiar and pet the lion's head gently and affectionately before i continue on my way through the cave and then through the vast snowy plains that divide separate my shop from the main settlement. After the hour long trip i step onto the teleport gate and appear upon the twenty second floor as i stretch out my arms towards the sky as i take in the beautiful atmosphere and quickly unequip my jacket leaving me in just a black t-shirt that has no sleeves, and grey shorts. I glance around the teleport gate area till i would spot Embers and give the girl a small happy wave.

The girl felt something land on her shoulder, and a violent growl emerged from her throat as she turned to see Rowan lazing hanging out on her shoulder. No longer wearing her armour, but rather, camo pants, boots and a singlet, Embers didn’t have any other ‘clothes’ than her old hiking gear, which was comfortable regardless of the actions.

While she waited, her rage burnt up inside of her. Hestia had lied to her! After all they’d talked about Domarus, it didn’t come up once! Hestia said she was against lies, against manipulation, against untruths. And yet, whenever he’d come up, Hestia never told her. Never told her a simple truth. It pissed the girl off the more she thought about it.

Embers saw something wave, and quickly saw that it was Hestia Not dressed in her usual battle armour, but rather, a shirt and shorts. Embers stood up tall, but the anger that was burning in her eyes was clear a mile away as she walked, heavy footed towards Hestia. As she walked, she tried to find the words to say.

“Domarus is making a move soon” She said simply, relaying what she’d bothered to learn from the meeting recently “He’s convinced he’s got the Guardians hooked…” The girl looked away, and let out an angry growl “But more important than that…The hell did you lie to me for!” Embers turned to face her once again, rage consuming her face “I thought you were against lies, against Domarus’ non-truths, and you didn’t even trust me with the most basic of truths!”

Embers, being herself, assumed that Hestia would be able to work out what she was saying despite proving no context. After all, to Embers, it was impossible to leave family out. How could you simply, not mention it?  

I look towards the red haired girl and then slackens and let seriousness enter my form from my stance to the very look within my eyes and stance as i can plainly see how angry this girl in front of me is. How mad she is at something and if she is mad at something without a target then that can only mean that it is either myself or some poor unlucky mob that is about to be executed by Embers herself if she can find the means to do so in one way or the other. When hearing what is said a brief anger flashes through my eyes and nods my head as i continue to listen and flinches ever so slightly at hearing the part of what is at stake at least for myself. I didn't think mentioning my sister in this was that important if i am being honest. She has chosen her side in this fight seemingly and...i just didn't want to talk about it because i am hurt by her decision. I don't like the idea of what i would have to do to her if she decides to get in my way or in the way of someone who might have the will to murder someone or traumatize them to make them submit.  I say in a soft tone of voice that can only be heard by the red haired girl in front of me as i look her in the eyes with my saddened looking blue ones. You have to understand Embers. I didn't wish to say anything since i don't want to believe what has happened is real. I just want to try and ignore it and hope this is somehow a nightmare induced hallucination that i won't have to deal with when i go to take down Domarus. I say plainly simple and honest towards the girl since i know that i can't hold back that piece of information any longer.

So she knew. She KNEW she knew, and Hestia still opted to say nothing! To run away from her own damn problems like that’ll solve anything! The anger within Embers continued to burn bright as she heard Hestia ‘validate’ her actions, validate her silence. Her lies. She was denying reality. The truth of the matter, and this girl was running away. Another growl came out of Embers throat as she felt the urge to slap Hestia rise within her chest.

“And by running away, you expected what? That nothing bad would happen!” Embers yelled, not caring that Hestia seemed upset. That idiot of a girl needed to get something into her head. When it comes to family, you never turn away from reality.

“That by inaction, everything’ll turn alright? Let me tell you one damn thing Hestia. You ignore it, then when you move against Domarus, if no one on your side does, he’ll kill her ‘imself. She is in the firing line, and instead of telling me, who could god-damn help, you say nothing!” Embers had started pacing as her anger threatened to overrun her into a blood haze, but the girl fought to keep her mind rational, to keep onto the sliver of humanity that lived within her.

“Family is everything Hestia! And you’re willing to risk that by pretending what’s happening is a dream!? If I had a damn sister in her place, I’d drag her with me, kickin’ and damn well screaming to keep her safe. You have family alive, and you’re just….scared” Embers wanted to help her, wanted to do what Hestia seemed too afraid to do for her own sister. “When you move against Domarus, you’d better have a plan to sort her out. Even if she hates you for a short time, she’ll see it’s for her own good. You can’t hate family forever, blood’s too strong for that”

My eyes slowly narrow as i glare right back at the angered red headed girl in front of me as she goes on about the situation that she was just privy to and nothing else of the context of what things have happened before. Glaring at Embers with a contained fury as i stare her down with a unflinching stance. Listen to me, and listen good Embers. I say with a tone of anger and annoyance towards the girl in front of me. You don't know ANYTHING about what has occurred at all between myself, Domarus, and my sister Raven. I suggest you silence yourself about things you don't understand at all. I'm not running from my sister or that red haired prick in any form you got it. When i first tried to get my sister away from that arrogant man i was threatened with either her death or mine if i tried to pursue getting her away from him as soon as possible with the methods i was doing. The voice i am speaking with becoming louder and more angrier sounding as i take a step forward towards the girl in front of me as i then lower my voice to be just between myself and her. The same amount of anger remaining along with a tone of seriousness. I had to think of another way so i decided that i could maybe just take down his entire stupid little Empire through one method or the other. Be it with a prison whenever that gets developed, or by murdering him if need be while everyone of his little helpers were away or distracted with something. Maybe i can get lucky and shatter his entire ego to take matters into his own hands so my crystal doesn't change. I say with a slight scowl the anger remaining within the cold blue eyes. Seeming like a maelstrom of emotions being unleashed.

I start to make my way past the red headed girl away from the main settlement giving a glance backwards. You coming? Better to go where there are no ears listening. I say towards the red headed girl as i just make my way towards the outside of the main settlement as long as Embers follows. Also, my sister is in danger either way with whatever path she has willing chose for whatever reason she has decided to do so. At least with the way things are being handled now i have confidence Domarus would be too busy dealing with myself and Itzal to be able to do anything against my sister. If that little spy assassination network lays a hand on my sister though i will show them the wrath of a deity. I will find a way to make this name Hestia burned into the mind of all when i find a way to burn all who would hurt or kill my sister to cinders. I say with a very hateful and spiteful tone of voice as i then glance forward wanting to find something to murder now to blow off steam.

Embers didn’t feel fear, not properly, but something within her was concerned as the fire within Hestia seemed to break its seal and unleash itself. Embers listened, or at least, did her best too. However, her mind grinded to a halt upon hearing Domarus had actively threatened to kill Raven, and Embers finally understood why. Why Hestia, this juggnaut, had been ground to a halt. Not out of fear or weakness. Out of love. Out of connection through blood. She felt, something in her chest. Something that she didn’t like. It was a sad emotion, and Embers shoved it aside as quickly as she could. She hated those feelings.

Following after Hestia, even if she doubted Domarus was having her tailed, she listened to what the other girl had to say. While normally, she would interrupt at her own pleasure, today was…well, today was far from standard.

“You know Hes, you ain’t all that bad” Embers finally said as she smirked at the other girl “Honestly, I expected you to just be afraid, too afraid to go after Raven, like a damned cowards. Gotta admit, I’m glad I was wrong”. Embers hadn’t put any thought into majority of the situation, but the fire from Hestia was captivating her like a moth “As for dealing with Domarus…” Embers bit her lower lip “As much as I wanna take a crack at him, he’s not my kill to claim. So I’ll make you a bargain eh? I’ll leave Domarus for you to handle, and once his kingdom is burnt to ashes, I’ll join your guild”

Part of her wanted to claim Domarus as her own, to be the one that fights, and ultimately, kills him. It didn’t matter the score, or who had the ‘right’ to kill him. After all, her dad had taught her a simple trick from work. It didn’t matter who claimed the kill, but who delivers upon it. But, hearing how Hestia had to back away for her sister…Embers found the idea impossible, and she’d of died before letting it happen.

“So when are you coming against Domarus anyhow? It’s gotta be soon right?” She asked. She didn’t feel the urge to kill, her anger had started to burn itself out, although it was a constant within her chest “And how the ‘ell are you gunna deal with his mini-army of idiots?” Embers didn’t mention how she was part of that mini-army.

I look towards the red headed girl before me still feeling a bit of resentment for what she had said earlier just staring at the girl before me as i a solitary thought drifts through my mind. 'Wait how did she find out about my sister? I know i didn't say anything about...that red haired little....' I think in anger as i take a few deep breathes to calm down before i might do something i will regret closing my eyes to just focus upon my breathing and slowly relax and calm down. A few moments later i take one last deep exhale as i then open my eyes and gaze towards Embers.  I will never be a coward as long as i can do my best to avoid being so. Everything i do is for protecting everyone that i am able to protect from as much pain as i can. My sister sadly having been a failure on my part and having never even gotten a chance to try and protect her...guess that just means i can't protect everyone. I say with a small sigh i then smile a bit at hearing this bargain from Embers as i nod my head in agreement. I would be fine with that Embers. Once Domarus is dealt with i will do my best to have you join my guild. I say towards the red headed girl with a bright smile. Also, Domarus will be dealt with rather soon as you would guess, and his little army of idiots as you would like to call them are being handled by Itzal supposedly. He seemingly has some kind of plan to deal with them all in some form or the other. I say with a small shrug of my shoulders seeming a bit unsure on the progress on my partner's part.

Cowardice was often hard to find. People would simply back away from actions, out of fear of failure, or another reason. Embers detested it. The only time you should back out is when you know you lost the battle, before it’s even begun. It seemed Hestia, lacking cowardice, had vision.  She admitted her weakness for her sister, and had a plan to deal with it. Or if she didn’t, Embers was more than happy to step in…

“Protect…” the girl nearly spat the word out. Protect often meant you were on the back foot already. Why protect it, when you can take from the other person? “Well, once you’ve dealt with Domarus, I’m sure another threat will arise with the way you handle him” Embers spoke casually. If Hestia crushed him under her boot, like she was hoping. It would be a clear cut message. However, if she took mercy on him. What then? The girl growled as she couldn’t understand what would come as a result of that. An option she’d never consider.

“Itzal…He’ll have his hands full” Embers said as the girl looked around her, a tad curious where the woods was taking them “There are a lot of them now. He needs a group at least. I’d say get someone like you, a tank. There is a few of ‘em, but they ain’t got a ton of levels on them….for now”. A lot of Domarus’ horde was weak, mostly. There was the occasional except, but if this Itzal was intelligent. He shouldn’t have any issues…which left…

“What about me eh? What’s my part of the plan?” Embers knew Domarus would be livid when her true alliegence was revealed. In a fight with him, she had got him onto the ground and his anger had been clear. So with that knowledge, how did she factor into Hestia’s end plan?

I just nod my head noticing how Embers had said the word protect as my eyes lighten up on there anger and hatred that were within them since the topic was about Domarus. I look the red headed girl within the eyes and nods my head once. Yes protect. To protect means to save people that you wish to do so from any harm that could come to them. It isn't something like a weakness while it does mean enemies you make could target those people it will only give yourself more resolve to beat those who would dare harm those you have put under your protection. To have the resolve to risk you life and your very reputation to preserve there smiles and safety. I say towards Embers in a serious tone of voice and making sure to maintain a constant level of eye contact with her as i say this as i then roll my shoulders a bit relaxing once more after that.  At mentioning Itzal a confident smirk plays across my face as i just nod my head not looking at all worried. Itzal is a good fighter despite how much he downplays himself hardcore. What the game hates him for in stats he makes up with some actual decent knowledge of how to use a sword. I can only really say decent since i am not knowledgeable at all about how good one handed straight sword users should be. I say with a small shrug of my shoulders after my statement. Also, it helps that he is very much so on the thinking and planning side of things of how to handle his opponents. I'm certain with how high level he is and with what he can do unless any of those enemies are tanks instead of all being little Hikoru wannabes i'm certain he will be fine. I say with a small chuckle at my joke as i rub the back of my neck.

When hearing the question about yourself i just shrug my shoulders seeming rather unsure. I honestly don't have much of an idea besides maybe requesting you to deal with my sister as you see fit. I don't want to face her since i don't want to be the one to cause her any pain at all, or if anybody else tries to get in my way to deal with them that way i can focus on Domarus as my sole focus. It is really up to you when the time comes to how you would want to aid in that fight but i can imagine it is going to be facing someone that is on Domarus' side in some way or the other. I say towards the red haired girl in front of me.

Despite Hestia’s argument, that to protect something was the right thing to do, the words didn’t resonate with Embers. There were only a few things in the world worth protecting, worth her effort to save. Herself, her stupid bird….and her dad. Everything else could burn for all she cared. And if anything made a move, against herself or Rowan, she wouldn’t just protect them. She’d strike back with everything she had, because when someone tries to take something from you, it’s only fair you take everything from them. As punishment for their brashness and stupidity. But, even Embers could see that Hestia was damn stubborn, and instead of arguing, simply huffed out air. Some people were just too stubborn….

“Make sure he has backup” She said in reference to Hestias confidence in her ally “Not my place to say it all, even if I want Domarus to fall. But if he goes in alone, he ain’t coming back from those saveages”. Embers took a few steps forwards, before frowning. She blinked once, then twice. She though she’d seen something in the woods, but couldn’t recall what it was that had given her that sense of familiarity. She let out an angry growl. Was her mind playing tricks on her now?

Hestia’s comment about dealing with her sister caught her attention, and she let out a loud laugh “I’ll handle her easy then. And don’t worry, I’m not stupid enough to harm her…I’ll getcha a path to him, but you gotta do the hard yards”. It seemed like a ‘fair’ trade, given that Hestia was the only one allowed to fight Domarus. Kill, maybe, but definitely fight. Embers knew that by giving her a path, Domarus idiot followers would be angry at her, and hopefully, she’d be able to get her Scythe into a couple of those fools…

I chuckle a bit as i shake my head side to side when told to make sure he has allies as i look towards the red headed scythe wielding girl. Well if that was possible i would most likely send him some allies to help him out when he goes to take on these network of spies and assassins however he decides to do so. I don't even know how he is going to do so for all i know he has a method that does involve others and i don't even know. I just haven't asked him at all since i trust him to fulfill his end successfully without many problems. I say with a small shrug of my shoulders not finding any problem with putting my trust into the one person that has been there for me since the very start of this game when i got started to exploring this world. When hearing how my sister will be protected and dealt with in a non lethal manner i smile and take a step forward and gives Embers a quick gently hug in thanks for her willing to do so for me. Thank you Embers i will do my best to make sure that after this Domarus thing is over with that you will have a home always in whatever guild i end up being in throughout the duration of this game as long as you're willing to join said guild. I say with a nod of my head and a cheerful with a quick nod of my head as if nothing would or could change my mind about what is now a fact of my life now. 

After that i look towards the red haired girl with a curious look. So now that we got through most of the serious talk about the red haired prick what do you want to do? I assume you wouldn't want to just send me off for only chewing me out about my sister....right? I say in a jokingly questioning tone towards her.

Embers blinked once, then again. Hestia was….hugging her?! Embers was uncertain as to why, sure she’d agreed to look after Hestia’s sister. But why the hug? She hadn’t done anything yet. Reward before the action was like getting paid before a job. Distasteful. Embers did, despite her confusion, hug the other girl back. “I’ll give it a go, can’t promise I’ll fit in with you lot though….” The girls voice started to die off in her throat as she looked over Hestia’s shoulder, completely distracted away from Hestia as she spotted….a person. A person who looked to have hair like her own.

Embers took a step forwards, right as the figure vanished like smoke before her own eyes. “…What the hell?” She muttered, looking around the woods. Something was wrong, she could smell that much. Yet her instincts weren’t screaming about danger, which they usually did whenever she needed to ensure her safety.

“You see that?” Embers asked, pointing at where she had seen the figure “Did you see that person over there!” The urgency in her voice came out, and Embers knew it had but didn’t care. That hair…had been all-too familiar.  

ID: 105255

LD: 9(+3)=12 <Failed>

I'm sure you'll fit in fine Embers given time and spending time with the people in the guild. I say towards the red haired girl to try and calm her nerves about her joining the guild and seeming worry about fitting in fully with it . I then see her gaze focused on the fog like forest as i nod my head knowing what is inside and waiting for Embers to find and waiting for other players to find if they decide to search it enough. I didn't see anything Embers though if you did see something maybe it might be worth investigating it i'm certain it is a possibility to make this a rather interesting and worthwhile story if what you find is something big. I say towards the scythe wielding girl with a smile on my face not wishing to reveal what is in the forest just for the simple fact it would ruin the surprise and the red haired girl most likely would just ask questions to satisfy her curiosity rather then investigate the actual building to try and learn what she had saw. Whatever the thing she saw had been.

Embers had been utterly consumed by the person she thought she’d seen, and the hair. It was impossible for her to not know who it was, but that was impossible right? She bit her lower lip as she heard Hestia speak up, actually prompting her to investigate it.

“Damn it…” the girl muttered. Hestia offered a path, but no solution! She looked at Hestia, before nodding her head. Part of her had a feeling Hestia knew something, but that being said…Embers nodded her head at Hestia “You’re holdin’ something back, I’m certain of it…” But instead of accusing the girl, Embers turned around and started walking into the woods, Rowan landing on her shoulder. She looked around, and her eyes zeroed in on what she was not expecting to see.

The same foggy individual vanishing behind a tree. She spotted them for merely a second, and yet, something inside of her lurched. Emotions she had kept down clawed at her.

“That’s….impossible” She sprinted forwards suddenly, turning at the tree to see nothing. She spun around, somewhat franktically. The face she’d seen. With the hair, there had been a chance of mistaking it. But the eyes, the sly grin that was on the face she’d glanced for merely a second. It was clear as day, and yet, impossible. “The dead don’t come back….” She muttered angrily to herself as her eyes hunted for whatever was messing with her head!  

ID: 105256

LD: 13(+3)=16LD <Failed to find it

I smile a bit at Embers' words as i don't confirm or deny them not wishing to do so to try and avoid egging the girl on to try and press for answers from myself since i don't wish to ruin the experience or turn her away from it. Wanting to see what will happen and also can't help but wonder what will come from that chamber what sort of picture would this fiery red head have and get from it. Just rather curious to try and understand what the chamber is trying to show to the players that go inside i slowly open my inventory and takes out the one i had gotten and smiles softly at the happy scene it displays as i then quickly put it back before you could turn around while distracted with whatever you are seeing. Upon hearing the words you say i chuckle a bit and grins as i look towards you. having an idea of what he picture will now be from just those simple words as i remain silent and just continue to follow you towards your goal of whatever you are chasing that is ringing a bell of familiarity. The dead? How are you seeing dead people Embers? I ask in a confused tone trying to act like i don't know what you are talking about.

It was impossible, and yet, her instincts disagreed. Embers was utterly torn in half as she stared around the woods. She knew that face, knew it from barely a seconds glance. And yet, despite knowing that it was the face, and her instincts confirming, there was something unsettling about it. A few years ago, she’d of been overjoyed. Now, she was nervous.

The girl heard Hestia approach and ask her what she was seeing. Embers hesitated, purely because she didn’t know “I…I thought I saw my…dad” She said eventually, turning to look at the other girl properly “At first I thought I just saw someone, but I saw his face Hes….it was for barely a second, but there was no way I got it wrong. I don’t know if I’m going crazy or what, but I saw his face. Somehow…my dads in this game. Or at the very least, someone who looks perfectly like him” The girl wasn’t certain how any of this was possible. Her dad was dead. She had buried him herself. So what the hell was going on?

ID: 105265

LD: 4(+3)=7 <Failed to find>

I nod my head as i hear Embers words as if they were told by a completely rational person instead of the possibility of some insane rambling about seeing dead people upon this floor. I glance towards the forests seeing faint images myself of foggy shapeless people with not that many defining features. It's normal to see the dead within this forest Embers. These figures you are seeing is your memories reconstruction of that person down to a T about how you remember that person. I think you should continue to follow that man if he is your father since supposedly according to legend on this floor these figures usually try to guide people to something, but those who had come back usually don't have much recollection of what transpired while doing so. I say towards the red headed girl about the legends of this forest that the floor has made for its NPCs to talk about it as i just smile a bit towards the girl as i wait for her to continue leading the way.

Embers blinked twice. What the hell was Hestia talking about? It was common to see the dead to appear, that she should continue to find down the person? Part of her wanted to dismiss this all as madness, as her mind caving to insanity. There was just three issues with that…Hestia was acting odd. Far too calm, meaning the other girl knew something. But what!

The second being Embers own instincts. If she was in danger, she’d know. Never had her instincts failed to warn her, and her instincts were screaming at her. But not of danger, but the desire to hunt.

And the third, and final reason, was honestly simple. Her mind wasn’t weak. This wasn’t her mind caving in on itself, but rather, this was really happening. She’d heard rumours of peoples mind cracking in this game. But Embers knew herself, there was no way she’d break. It wasn’t how she lived.

“He isn’t my dad…” Embers said harshly, an anger burning into her face “I wished for him to come back for a whole year, and I buried him myself. He’s dead and gone…” The girl kicked the ground as she felt something in her heart leap up. She crushed it as quickly as she could. She made a harsh turn to the side, before freezing completely. Shock consumed her face as she stared at a face in the distance that vanished into a tree! Her blood turned to ice for a mere second.

With no warning, the girl sprinted off. Charging forwards after the figure into the fog, Rowan on her shoulder. As she charged forwards, she felt an all-too familiar feeling as her blood heated up. A blood haze rushed over her, overwhelming the girls mind and washing away her rational thought. 

Embers blinked. She had lost her mind for merely a moment, drowned in a blood haze. And now, she had no idea where she was. She remembered seeing the thing that imitated her dad, but then….nothing.

“The hell did you this time idiot?” She muttered to herself as she whistled, calling Rowan onto her arm. She looked behind her, to what appeared to be stairs covered in fog. But she walked forwards with a bad feeling in her gut. Stone surrounded her, coated by fog on all sides. “Dad, what the hell are you playing at? You always told me to take the challenge head on, so why are you running away?”

ID: 105278

LD: 14 (+3)=17 <Chamber found>

I look towards Embers with a gentle smile as i hear her words and i just nod my head at them in understanding of what she is saying. Before i could say anything i watch as Embers suddenly takes off into the fog of the forest as i quickly follow after the red-headed girl towards wherever she is going having a feeling that she is once more chasing after one of these visions of her father that she is having. 'I wonder if she is seeing him because that is something from the real world she misses, or if the game decides what people see for a different reason.' I think to myself with some idle curiosity with not to much more thought beyond that so i can focus on chasing after Embers. When she finally stops i look towards what is around and spots the staircase leading down towards the weird picture chamber thing as i just nod my head and takes a small step forward to stay behind the red headed girl to be moral support and comfort if need be.