[PP-F22] Fireheart <What We Fight For>

Embers eyed the bears with excitement. While a different style of hunting, it was enough to ignite the blood in her veins. It had been too long since she’d found a family of bears to kill, and she would enjoy it. Take her time with them.

Or at least, that was the original plan. But it seemed Hestia did a LOT more damage than she had expected. Hestia one shot two of the bears, and Embers was slightly stunned, before a loud growl erupted from her. She glared at the other girl, more annoyed than angry…probably.

“Dammit! Damn your levels!” Embers let out a yell as she, with a wide arc, slashed at the single remaining bear, and landed a blow on its hide “This damned Scythe is meant to tear things apart, and it barely scratches a bear!”

Embers wasn’t angry at Hestia, not truly. But rather, her own weakness. How she just couldn’t do what she needed to do, the damage and the descrution that called to her. But despite the angry rolling off her, she glared at Hestia "One of these days Hes, i'm gunna beat you..."

Spoiler

Sword ARt: Crimson Blood (6)-6EN

Id: 105952

BD: 4(+2)=6 <Hit>

9(6)-54 DMG-10=44

Embers: 400/400 - 40/40 - 9 DMG - 2 ACC - 39 MIT - 

Hestia: HP: 1544/1545    Energy: 146/150 DMG:16  MIT:151  EVA:-1  Thorns: 54    Rec: gain energy on CD:6+(6)  Heavy Momentum: miss +6 damage

Dad Bear: 0/200 - 30 DMG - 10 MIT

Mum Bear: 62/160 - 25 DMG - 10 MIT

Child Bear: 0/100 - 20 DMG - 10 MIT

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just smile towards Ember with a knowing look within my eyes as i then turn towards the bear that she is fighting and activates a simple skill to force the bear to turn towards me as i give it a 'come here' gesture knowing that either Ember will kill it or my thorns will finish the job. One or the other is happening and it is only going to take one turn to find out, or two if Embers is willing to delay an attack which i found doubtful due to how she is as a person. I just hold my spiked shield outwards while looking directly at Embers not even bothering to stare at the bear. Well Fireheart one bear left who is going to kill it thorns, or your scythe? I say in a teasing and joking sort of tone towards the girl wanting to motivate her as much as possible by showing the strength that myself as a tank could push out. Wanting to push the red headed girl to her limits to just shatter her limits into nothing and become the strongest player within this game. I turn my head having felt a gust of air pass by me and sees the source as the mom bear having missed my shield and myself entirely while i was standing still entirely distracted... well than.

Action: Focused howl

#105965 MD:3+1=4

[H:2] Embers: 400/400 - 40/40 - 9 DMG - 2 ACC - 39 MIT - 

[H:5] Hestia: HP: 1544/1545    Energy: 146/150 DMG:16  MIT:151  EVA:-1  Thorns: 54    Rec: gain energy on CD:6+(6)  Heavy Momentum: miss +6 damage

A taunt. Embers let out an angry growl hearing Hestia use a taunting ability, and it did more than just hit the bear. It hit Embers, and it hit the girl hard. She felt a wave of heat rush over her skin, infecting her blood and causing her to enter a blood haze, blinding her with rage.

“You wanna prove a damn point eh!” Larissa let out a loud yell, as if the damned themselves screamed in rage as she looked at the bear. And with that, she threw herself forwards with her Scythe in her hand. The world vanished in her eyes, blinded by red. But this time, unlike most, the redness blinded the girl entirely, not even her target could be seen, and her strike missed completely! Even worse, the girl crashed into a tree, hard.

The impact dulled her senses, and the girl blinked. She found herself on the ground, leaning up against a tree. “W-what the….D-damn it! The hell!” She kicked the ground as she picked herself up “How the hell did it vanish like that?!” The girl didn’t understand, never before had she failed to see her target when she lost herself. So what the hell had happened to her?!

Spoiler

ID: 106121

BD: 1(+2)=3 <Missed> 

Sword Art: Crimson Blood 6EN, 6X. 

[H:2] Embers: 400/400 - 38/40 - 9 DMG - 2 ACC - 39 MIT - 

[H:5] Hestia: HP: 1544/1545    Energy: 146/150 DMG:16  MIT:151  EVA:-1  Thorns: 54    Rec: gain energy on CD:6+(6)  Heavy Momentum: miss +6 damage

I look towards the bear and more surprisingly watch as Embers manages to miss the bear entirely while also suffering a rather nasty injury if this was the real world possibly. I turn my gaze towards the bear and activates my sword art and cuts it into pieces causing it to quickly burst into bits of hexagonal data as i gaze directly towards the red headed scythe wielding girl as i make my way over towards her. This Fireheart is the reason why you need to learn to control that anger of yours. Causes you to miss your targets and allow them a chance to hurt you or someone you could care about if you aren't careful. If you couldn't even see that bear who is to say you wouldn't see a ally when you would go for an attack? I question the red headed girl in a gentle but also serious tone of voice as i than raise two fingers towards her with a slightly concerned look within my eyes. How many fingers am i holding up fireheart?

Action: Legion Destroyer

#106122 BD:7   11x16= 176 DMG

[H:2] Embers: 400/400 - 38/40 - 9 DMG - 2 ACC - 39 MIT - 

Mum Bear: 0/160 - 25 DMG - 10 MIT

The girl blinked, trying to understand. In all her years of having fallen to a blood haze, that hadn’t ever happened before. The bear she’d been staring at had just... vanished. One moment it was there, and the next, it wasn’t. She let out an angry growl as Hestia came over, and spoke to her.

“Control, piss off. I don’t control it” She snapped at the other girl. While she wasn’t trying to be rude, her flared anger was burning and she had no intention to grab it “That ain’t happened before. Don’t get it though, even in my hazes I’ve kept complete control of my actions. So why the hell did it…” The girl let out a frustrated growl, because she knew no matter what she asked, she couldn’t get an answer. Hestia sure as hell didn’t understand her hazes, and Embers couldn’t explain it to herself.

Hearing the other girl ask her a question, she looked up, before blinking once quickly “Two of ‘em” She picked herself up off the ground “I don’t think you can get concussions in this game, but even still….” The girl let out a huff “Guess I’m not all here after…that” Embers tilts her head back the way they came “Having the old man inside my head…Guess there are some things you ain’t ever ready for”

I just shrug ever so slightly at being told to back off about the idea of her trying to gain a better control of her emotions and promptly does just that. I back off about the topic since their isn't any point trying to change someone who doesn't wish to change themselves, and their is only time to tell if a change would occur or not. When hearing the mention of her father seemingly being in her thoughts I nod my head gently towards the red headed girl with a gentle and understanding look. I gesture back towards the direction of the main settlement, and than gestures deeper into the area of this floor as i look towards Embers. Well Fireheart we have two options. We can go back to the main settlement so you can spend sometime thinking about what has gone on today, or we can go in deeper into this floor and enjoy a good hike and maybe you can spend sometime thinking than and maybe even talking if you feel like it. Since this is a big deal to yourself that i can tell. I say with a small smile as i pat you gently on the shoulder after having said that wishing i could do a quick hug, but thinking that would be a bit to presumptuous of myself to give myself permission to do so.

Embers spots the directions the other girl is guided towards. Home, or hell. Both left her with an odd taste in her mouth, one she wasn’t a fan off. Seeing her dad like that had, it had torn her heart open and a patch-work job would do nothing to hold it together. She hadn’t lied to herself, seeing him had hurt her. Was that why all this was happening to her? Had to be, right?

“…Honestly, I don’t know” The girl confessed to Hestia “Part of me wants to just, kill. Go through the damn woods, killing everything that gets in my way. But that ain’t gunna change nothing, he’s dead….He ain’t coming back” The girls voice got more emotional, more angry the more she spoke “And I’m left alone, trapped in a damn video game with a f***ing photo that just reminds me of what I ain’t ever having again!”

Embers snapped and lashed out at a nearby tree, punching it hard despite the fact it did no damage to herself or the environment. Her breathing was heavy, near panting as rage flowed through her veins.  

I look sullenly over towards the red haired scythe user as i slowly make my way over towards her having sensed and seen the obvious signs of what she is feeling as i put a hand gently upon her shoulder and looks into her eyes with a gentle and caring look within my blue colored eyes. I can understand missing what you no longer have Fireheart. I don't have a dad either anymore, raised myself mainly, dad was a cop taught me about my ideas of justice basically by leading by example even till the very end. I say in a soft and gentle tone of voice while keeping my hand upon your shoulder while allowing yourself to come and hug me if that is something that would be needed. Not feeling the most comfortable starting such a action myself from being unsure of what would be the best action and just how close you are at least to me plus with how willing you would accept such a thing. I can understand you miss having that relationship with your father and that nothing could really replace it. Doesn't mean you can't try to open new relationships though to try and make yourself feel better maybe go down a different route or keep on the one you want without always feeling angry. You know that feeling angry or stressed all the time is bad for you. I say towards you throwing in the last bit in a joking tone to try and maybe get at least the faint signs of a smile or something.

Embers felt something on her shoulder, in for those mere seconds, the girl wanted to lash out. Her dad was dead and gone, and she had promised to move on and be stronger. And yet, why, why the hell was she hurting!? She tried to find words, but words couldn’t explain it. The shard that had pierced through her the day the mercs came home…without him. She had known, the second she saw them, but even still. It had been a knife that buried itself in her chest…and five years later, the knife was still there.

The girl latched onto Hestia once again. There was something primal, and yet comforting, about holding someone. She couldn’t explain it, but it was there.

“I miss him…” She says softly “I just miss him so much. He was always there, he was the only constant I wanted….And then he went and got himself killed because he wasn’t strong enough to live…I don’t know how else to live, other than the way he taught me to do” Embers shook her head, before letting out a sigh “I don’t know how you do it, dammit…Ever since he died. Life has been, a blur, a haze of anger.  How do you not hate the world for taking your dad away?”

I wrap my arms around the red headed girl as she does the same holding her close to me as i rub her back gently to help the grieving girl as best as that i am able to do so. Having a gentle look within my eyes as i make sure not to say anything into Embers finish speaking as i than say in a soft and gentle tone of voice. I don't hate the entire world for taking my dad away even though he was the one that taught me everything that i know. I don't hate the world since i know that the world isn't to blame for taking my dad away just those that commit the crimes, and even than that they themselves are usually just victims of circumstance people just trying to live their life. I can't hate the people fully and utterly at the end of the day since i know they are just products of the lives they grew up in. Even Domarus i feel a small sense of pity for him under just the general anger i have towards him for everything he has done towards me. I than look towards you into your eyes and offers a small smile upon my face. Plus even if my father is gone i know that he wouldn't want me to live every moment in anger, and i'm certain he would want me to live as happily as i can for as long as i can while making friends along the way to try and help myself get through life. I say softly towards you to try and offer some words of advice at least in some fashion to try and help you through this. I know that this might sound cheesy or generic but it is how i make it through life knowing that i'm living the way i want while also making my parents and hopefully my sister proud of me.

In those moments, even in her haze, it become crystal clear. She and Hestia were too different. Somehow, this girl, who had lost her father too, didn’t find a hatred for the world deep within her chest. Didn’t let it burn her out from the inside, somehow.

“How do you do that…?” She asked softly as she takes a step away from Hestia, trying to understand the girl that stood in front of her “How do you understand, like that? Domarus stole your sister, threatened to kill you, and her. And yet you feel, pity” To embers, that was an alien idea. If she had a sister, and someone threatened her. She’d kill them, or die trying.

“I’m…not like you Ember” Larissa said “I don’t think I could live like that. To be aware of others, to feel how they feel…How you manage that is, beyond me. Because I hate the world for stealing him away Hes…And honestly, I don’t think there is a day that I don’t feel that hatred”. Although she didn't say it, the meaning should be clear. Larissa Williams acted the way she did, for the anger that boils within her. To not care about another person, and live a selfish life, because her one reason to care had been stolen away. 

I am able to do what i am able to do Embers. Simply because i can imagine being in their shoes and the affects of how that person was raised caused them to be where they are currently. That someone, anyone who tries to commit a crime usually has a solid reason to do so even if that boils down to the person having become to broken for the world to handle. I pity Domarus since he feels the way he does about the world as a whole, and i feel like he just doesn't see that their are better options even if that option can be considered naive and maybe a bit foolhardy. Sometimes those ideas are the ones that work, the ones that can change someone more than trying to break someone down could. I feel sorry for Domarus since i know he could've been a better person if he was allowed a happier life in his past. I say in a soft and gentle tone while keeping you close to me gently rubbing your back softly all the while i am speaking. Having a gentle and understanding look within my eyes as i close my eyes for a brief moment and than opens them shortly after while giving a encouraging smile.

Also, Fireheart. I know that you can live life without always being angry that you have it in you to be able to do so. It is just that maybe you didn't have the right role model to help you out with that, or didn't have the right support to help you deal with the emotions that you must be feeling everyday. I am here though to be a shoulder you can cry on, a person you can talk to, i can be family for you if you need that since i feel like you shared quite a bit with myself that maybe you would want that. I say softly towards the girl as i gaze directly into her eyes no sign of lies, deception, or anything coming across my face as every word that i speak is nothing but the truth of how i feel.

To a degree, Embers could understand where the other girl was coming from. To be aware enough, in order to understand everyone. Where they came from, who they are as people. It was a skill, and one Embers didn’t possess, nor have any intention to possess. But while Embers wanted to lash out, more and more, the other girl seemed to be there. Wanting her to ‘open up’. Embers wanted to scream at Hestia in a way, this other girl seemed impossible in her mind, and yet, everything she said linked with what Embers knew about her.

At the offer of family, her crimson eyes shot onto the girl. Did she have any idea what that would mean? What being family meant to Larissa? How deep rooted blood should be? Embers wanted to shake her head, to dismiss this other girl like she would anyone else. And yet, part of her didn’t want to. Part of her was begging this to be real, and take it on face value.

Embers was torn down the middle “You may know that…but I don’t” She said honestly “I don’t know if I can live anyway other than this, it’s the only way I’ve ever lived. But if you’re being so damn insistent, you’re welcome to try. I’ll give you that much credit…” Embers was torn, and that was why she was welcome to the idea. If it was meant to be, it would happen and Hestia would change the fire that nested in her chest. If not, then no matter how much Hestia pushed, she would not budge.  

I smile gently towards the girl whose hair is as fiery as her spirit as i give a tight squeeze or the hug before i take a small step away to end the hug as i gaze into the girl's eyes with a gentle gaze. Looking you within your eyes as you meet mine with a small smile. Even if you may not know if you have the strength to change Fireheart. I believe wholeheartedly that you're able to do so and i'm glad that you're willing to give me the chance to help you out with that. After all they say that the first step to change is to be willing to change in the first place. I say towards you in a gentle and happy tone of voice as i keep the eye contact as i quickly follow up that sentence.  Just know that i am always here if you need somebody to talk to about anything Fireheart and if you ever need a home my door is always open. I promise that as long as you are in need of a safe place i'll do my best to offer it since we're friends Fireheart and i'm always their to offer sword, shield, life, home, and safety for as long as needed for those that i swear to protect which are first and foremost my family and friends. I say towards the red headed girl with a nod of my head as i give one more quick hug towards the girl.

Offering a gentle smile and gestures forward, and than back in the direction of the main settlement. So want to continue our hike and talk? Just enjoy spending the day together. Continue to hike, maybe get ourselves into some danger, talk about life and all that? Or do you need some alone time to think about the stuff that has happened today, or whatever really you would need to head back towards the main settlement for. I say with a small soft chuckle speaking a bit awkwardly and nervously not wanting to try and limit my listing of things to two. Wanting to avoid the idea that i would want to leave encase that i need to offer support, or that their are limited options within this world to pursue.

Embers hated people inside her own head, and hated it even more when people made her think too much. Hestia was making her think a LOT. About who she was as a person, to understand who she was. Embers wanted to scream in a way, and yet, she tried to muster hatred, a burning rage to throw at Hestia. But each time she tried to grasp it, the anger melted away the moment her sights were set on the other girl. She had a feeling it was her nickname.. Fireheart. Hearing it so much, and from someone she respected. It was almost as if her father could be…not replaced, but switched. Albeit temporarily.

“Not friends” She said quickly as the other girl stated they were just friends. That was wrong. Embers looked up with a fire in her eyes “You plan on standing beside me through hell, to try and change me. Friends….don’t do that. If you’re truly committed to this, you can’t be just a friend. We’re family at that point, shared by blood…Or in this case, we forge blood together”

Family bonds, the bond of blood, to Larissa Williams, was the single strongest, and most important sign of loyalty. To betray family was the lowest point a person could reach, and it is unforgivable to do so. If Hestia was true with what she wanted, then she would have no choice but to become Embers family. Closer to her than a romantic partner, if Embers ever cared to get one.

At the offer of what next however, Embers found herself, honestly, stumped. Part of her wanted to continue, but after her last miss, and knowing how much she had been struggling....thinking.

“I might be safer…to call it. I don’t like thinking deeply, but today…” The girl opened her inventory and pulled out the picture, looking at it once again “Today has been….a challenge. Plus, given I completely missed the bear…I’d rather not die for being an idiot…”

I smile rather happily at hearing Embers words as i nod my head towards the girl with a smile that looks like it is trying to match the sun in terms of bright cheerfulness. Then we're family Fireheart. I promise to make sure to protect you, and do my best to try and be a good role model for you so that you can hopefully change for the better since you shouldn't always be angry or hateful towards the world. I say with a smile beaming across my face as i nod my head at that completely content as i than feel something brush up against my leg as i glance down to see my familiar right by my side and looking up at me with his hazel colored eyes as i get down onto one knee and starts to gently pet him affectionately to give the little guy some love. 'Thank you for staying away for as long as you did Kuro.' I can't help but think to myself since it was probably for the best that he had did so during the time for that conversation to take place to make sure that it wouldn't have been side-tracked.

Well lets head home than Fireheart no use staying out here where some random patrolling mob could try to get the jump on us than. I say with a gentle and understanding look within my blue colored eyes as i gesture for you to come and follow me as i lead the way. Glancing back ever so slightly towards the red-headed girl to give her a smile as i quickly follow up and say. Also, Fireheart, don't ever worry about dying when you have me around you. I'd sooner allow myself to die than family like you. After all it is my job to try and protect everyone that i can see, and if i am the older sister of the two of us even more fitting. I say in a mix of seriousness and playful joking towards the girl that is most likely lost in at least some thought even if she says she hates to think to much.

The other girl had, an annoyingly good, point. As family, you had to look after one another, make sure they were on the right road. Was she on the right road even? She hated doubting herself, and yet, around Hestia, it was more questions. Was she happy like this, with anger flowing through her veins at every moment? Yes. But could she be happier?

She started walking with Hestia, trailing the other girl slightly. The more she thought, the harder it was to find the answer she wanted. She wanted to lash out again, why couldn’t she ever find the answers she wanted!

She returned to focus enough to hear Hestia’s last comment, and one Embers snorted at “Good to know its always the elder going in the heat. I had the same deal with Tel back, when we were close in power. Now she’s married, happy with Jom. Everyone seems to move on. Everyone seems to evolve, and here I still am” She huffed with amusement “Mum would have said its poetic. The hunter who refuses to evolve, will be left behind by their pack’

I make my way through the area heading in the direction that is about close to what the main settlement should be towards if i had remembered everything correctly. Making my way through the path that we have already treaded with only a slight variation to be a more direct route rather than having to travel back towards where we had found the memory chamber thing that had given you the picture. I smile ever so slightly at hearing Embers' comment as i look back towards her and offers a gentle smile towards the red headed girl. I mean hey Tel has worked hard to improve as much as she did, and if you were close to Tel i am certain she would love to see you again Fireheart. You just got to be willing to go up and talk to her some more if you wish to hangout with her. I'm certain she isn't too busy to hangout with a old friend and maybe someone she considers family if you were that close. I say to you with a gentle smile as we continue to traverse through the forest at a steady pace trying my best to make good time to make it back towards the settlement before it could get close to being too late in the day. Also, when it comes to that hunter thing it is both true and false. For animals that will be true, but for humans even if their is a hunter as you say won't evolve the pack will make sure to have people take care of that person to help them improve and get stronger so they can join and fight alongside the rest of the pack.  I say towards Embers with a bright smile and a nod of my head.

Hearing Hestia talk about Telrenya, it was a double-edged sword in a way. Larissa missed the girl a lot, but there was always the issue with her. She just couldn’t, it was too risky. Maybe in the future she would, but for right now. She just didn’t feel like she would be able to not made an accident. Say something, or hurt the girls feelings in a way. Or someone the girl cared for.

But maybe in the future, when the girl joined the guild. But that was for future her to deal with, not for current her to deal with.

“An animal, maybe…” The girl shrugged “Remember what we said. I was raised like an animal, to live off instinct. That ain’t changing Hes…But who knows” The girl looked at her hands with an amused smile “Maybe I can afford not to upgrade my claws, maybe I can disarm something like that in the future”

Embers gently punched Hestia’s shoulder “Besides, I’ll be hunting with your pack soon no?”

I smile at the red-headed girl and nods my head towards her and punches her shoulder back gently with a rather happy and amused look on my face. Yeah you'll be hunting along with my pack soon enough Fireheart. Though first and foremost is having to take down Domarus and than decide what to do with him next since i'm certain he won't go down quietly, or allow himself to live after this possibly because of how he will probably feel at the end. I have a feeling it is going to be difficult to keep him alive through all of this, and than proceed to help him back onto a better path. I say with a small shrug of my shoulders as i continue looking ahead as we continue along the path. Though that is something i am willing to do to help someone live a better life. I say out loud as the trees slowly thinning out during the duration of the walk until finally they give way unto the main settlement of this floor as i turn to Embers once we enter into it and gives a quick hug towards the girl and looks at her with a gentle and caring gaze. Stay safe okay Fireheart? I'm just a message away if you need someone to talk to, or if you need somebody to hunt with also to teach these quests who the true kings of this game are. I say towards you with a cheerful tone of voice as i than make my way towards the teleport gate as i stand upon it with my familiar. Teleport, Snowfrost.

Embers/hestia: 3 SP, 600 COL