[ PP - F01 ] Got To Make Money Somehow! <<Earning A Living>> w/ Pick & Dustin

ID: 104896 LD: 4+3=7 (No materials)

Pick watched as Dustin started waking up after getting hit by the apple. Before he continued to talk, he glanced above him one more time to see if there were any more materials only to confirm that he had already taken all the apples from that tree. "Sports? Nah, let's just say it's natural instincts. Not everyone can learn it, you know." Pick lied. He was a thief, of course, which was where his reflexes came from, but there's no way that he could possibly tell the truth in this situation. In fact, he would probably never tell anyone his true identity. He shrugged, switching his glance to Dustin. 

"Hey, you should be thankful that I woke you up. At this point, you're going to have to pay for all our ice cream." Pick grinned, looking around for another good material gathering location. "I went on a quest with a pretty girl not that long ago. She was trying to become an artisan, and we found a burned city somewhere around here. Keep an eye out, most players don't go to these locations so there should be plenty of materials there."

@Artemis @Dustin

Edited by Pick

Her face fell for a bit, but she still kept her smile. "Oh, gosh darn it. I really wanted to learn something useful like that," she sighed. Snickering at the way Dustin woke up, she shook her head. "Must be nice having natural instincts like that, huh?" She elbowed Pick's arm with a grin. 

"It's a very, very, very big secret!" She exclaimed, whispering to Dustin, "and it's called... magic!" Her eyes lit up and she gave jazz hands. "Oh, there is? Well, I hope I'm in luck today then!" She rubbed her hands together as if channeling some unknown force. (magic!) Let's just hope that this quest can be finished easily. I don't want to stay out too long. Who knows what lives around here? She shuddered at the thought, glancing around warily. "So, hows life in Aincrad for you guys? Good? Bad? A simple 'meh' can work too."

ID : 104896

LD : 3, Fail

@Pick @Dustin

Edited by Artemis

Dustin looks on as the other two gather materials rather quickly. "Man, I am gonna have to pay." He kicks the dirt. Disappointed, the brown haired player pulls his hood over his eyes and lays his head back. "I already got materials, why do I need more?" Watching the clouds roll through the sky and waiting for something cool to happen started to bore Dustin and he walked away. He walked to a tree and sat down. I never expected to win, but I did expect to find stuff. This made me so bored that I thought a challenge would spice it up a bit, but now I'm just sad. He lays on his side, still wide awake. "And the worst part is I already slept. Ugh, this blows." He puts his hands over his face and exhales sharply. "That one looks like a bunny!" He shouts, pointing to the sky.

ID: 105056

LD: 9 (fail)

@Artemis @Pick

Edited by Dustin

ID: 105057 LD: 12+3=15 CD: 6 (3 Materials)

"While some of this skill is learnt, there's also the natural part of it. I'm sure you can gain reflexes at a fast pace if you practice a lot, but I don't know how helpful this type of reflex would be for a player in this game." Pick exclaimed, "It's not really that helpful in the grand scheme of things, since most things you can do without using this type of reflexes." Pick finished, reaching his conclusion, "A lot of my skills in real life don't correlate to things in this game, which is kind of sad. I would like to make money in this game, but ultimately, real life is far better. There's just a lot more that can be done."

@Artemis

"Well, the whole point of you searching for materials is so you can get a sense of your own independence. Perhaps once you learn how to gather materials, I won't have to give you them." Pick grinned, in his usual cruel humor that can be found coming from his mouth quite often. It was then that he saw an axe in the distance laying randomly on the ground. Picking it up, he winded up his shot and brought it down upon the tree in front of him. Unable to cut it down due to his weakness, Pick could only make a dent, but that dent was enough to give him three materials due to his luck and gathering abilities.

@Dustin

Loot:
T1 Materials (6)

Edited by Pick

Artemis shrugged, “I honestly find SAO so much better. Putting the whole ‘death game’ aside, Aincrad is awesome. I mean, sure it’s alright in some areas but when you look at the different floors and mobs, it’s just so much more better than real life. It’s so boring in the real world and I never know what to do there,” she stated. “Despite being stuck in here, SAO is still pretty neat if you ask me.” Artemis sighed when she has her to find anymore materials, well fudge-nuggets, how many did I find again? Was it one? Or two? Or three?! I forgot, ugh!

@Pick

The girl giggled, “oh snap, are you going to take that Dustin?” She asked him, a small mischievous smile planted on her face. “... or are you going let him talk to you like that?” Her grin grew wider as she said that and her eyes brightening up. 

@Dustin

ID : 105080

LD : 12, Fail

Edited by Artemis

"I most certainly will not. Pick, you agreed to help me, and I'll help supply your store too." He walks over to Pick and looks down at him, "Besides, I'm not in it to make money, or to make the most weapons. I do it to make the best weapons." He turns and looks around. "If I make a good weapon and that weapon saves someone's life, I've done my job." He walks away. "In short, I do it for the people. I do it so one day, we can see the real world again. By that day I'll be dead, so if I can make a sword that kills kayaba, I'll be happy." He draws his sword. I planned to use this sword, but that won't work, she's getting way too old. She might break soon if I don't retire her. Sheathing his sword and walking over to Artemis, he smiles. "Fighting to help people is why I'm in this world. I just come out here to take in the scenery. I think this world is rather beautiful. It's a new life." He says, looking to the sky. "This world could've made so many people happy. Too bad Kayaba lost his way." He clenches his fist. Kadin would've liked Artemis. She's a lot like him.

ID: 105107

LD: 10 (fail)

@Pick @Artemis

Edited by Dustin

ID: 105225 LD: 15+3=18 CD: 11 (4 Materials)

"Well, if you observe this game with a certain amount of detail, then you realize that this game is practically the same as the real world. In order to get better, you keep doing the same things over and over again, until you rank up or level up... You keep on fighting boars, and then stronger boars, until you reach the cap... just like the real world. Sometimes, the real world has even more diversity, if you think about it, since you can do a job differently depending on the job, but in this game, fighting is the same... always."  Pick smiled, looking over at Dustin with a grin as the girl asked if he was just going to take what Pick had said. 

"If you are well aware that I'm a better material gatherer than you, you should've never initiated the challenge," Pick said, still wondering why the man had decided to simply throw away the money to buy for all three of the players. Pick was by far a better material gatherer, just with the addition of one skill, and the inclusion of his luck into that factor as well, so it was ridiculous for Dustin, who was a pure damage dealer to challenge him in this aspect. "In fact, here's some that I'm about to grab right now," Pick finished, standing on his tip toes as he reached high onto the apples that were hanging off of a taller tree.

@Dustin @Artemis

T1 Materials: 10

Edited by Pick

“What a generous man you are,” Artemis shook her head and sighed with a small smile. “It’s not just the weapon that saves the people. Some people just waltz right into a fight,” she coughed into her fist. “Like me,” she glanced in another direction sheepishly. “Can’t Kayaba... y’know, just basically kill you with a snap of his fingers?” She looked up at him and snapped her fingers in his face, “just like that. He is the creator of SAO after all.” She shrugged her shoulders and looked around, spotting some material in the corner of her eye.

Her face went blank as she took Picks statement into thought. “That’s a very interesting notion I believe,” she scratched her chin in thought. “Too much thought for my ol’ head though. None of that for me!” Artemis said, not giving a care about the similarities and differences of the real world and this virtual prison. “But!” She spoke up, “fighting can be very different mind you. There’s different strategies and ways to fight. I mean, sure there’s the same sword arts and weapons. But everybody has a different way to fight.”

ID : 105297

LD 20, Success

@Dustin @Pick

Edited by Artemis

"You're a little tiny genius aren't you?" He asks, walking over to her. "I am an expert fighter. You, Pick... Wait, I've never seen you fight." He says, turning to the short girl. "But, you. You are rather wise. No matter the similarities, fighting is unique to every soul. That's why any fighter, no matter how good, can be defeated." He smiles at Pick. "You could be the best fighter in the world and lose to a child with a stick." He draws his sword. "Everything I kill with this sword isn't bad at fighting, I'm just better." He grins. I have to get stronger. I can't just go farming boars anymore, I have to kill the bigger monsters. He smiles and moves back to sit down. "I'm already paying anyways, might as well not even try." He sighs, fidgeting with his sword. He taps his feet and sways his upper body. He starts to hum and dance a little. "I can't wait to kill Kayaba, and I don't mean in Aincrad." He says.

@Artemis @Pick

• 2 weeks later...

ID: 105752
LD: 2+3=5 (No materials)

"Fighting is an art? Well, I suppose it is. However, I do not like it. Fighting is an art only for those who cannot settle things without the use of words and exchange. This world is governed by equal trades, by that I mean, one receives what he has given in order to obtain something with the value that is equivalent to the effort he or she puts in." Pick smiled, "Violence, including sword fighting, has been proven to not be an effective manner of settling conflicts as see in history through wars. Of course, this is a game, though. Allow us to focus on getting those materials so you can finish your quest and become an artisan." Pick said to the short blonde girl before looking around for more materials. Unfortunately, he was unable to find anything that would be useful to him.

Now, he had noticed that Dustin had seemed to give up on material gathering. He had probably already decided that his loss would be inevitable. "I highly doubt that the best fighter in the world would lose to a child with a stick, but I get what you are saying. Although I recommend that you do not kill Kayaba in real life. That would only get you arrested." Pick smiled, assuming the man was joking with such a serious comment.

@Artemis @Dustin

T1 Materials: 10

Edited by Pick