[F01- PP] Its a Beautiful Day Outside... «Nature's Treasure»

Cosi laughed, “I guess we are just a bunch of black sheep.” He chuckled again when he said that. At Artemis’ comment about the treasure chests he would also say, “I don’t think we will have to worry about any monsters here. This place just feels...safe.” Cosi shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know. I’m just thinking out loud. I just know that the treasure chests have some good loot in them and I... well, I like loot. A lot.” Cosi laughed again and kept walking through the patches of blossoming flowers and verdant trees. This place is really nice, Cosi thought from the probably a thousandth time since coming to this place. 

Thinking a bit on Artemis’ next question Cosi began to answer, “Aincrad is pretty amazing if you take out the whole ‘death game’ part,” he copied Artemis’ air quotes, “So I guess you could say I like it here. It’s a challenging game, you get to meet tons of new people, you get to explore places you’ve never seen, and learn so much new stuff. So yeah, I like it hear.”

Spoiler

Searching for Materials

ID# 104819- LD: 11- success

+1 Mat

@Artemis

Edited by Cosi

"The black sheep club," she sighed, giving in to a small smile. "Still, you don't know when a spoopy scary monster is going to pop out of no where and then.. boo!" She shouted, chuckling soon after. "Loot is good I suppose," she giggled, shrugging her shoulders. "I haven't gotten any good loot but it's nice to have." She thought for a moment. Now that I think of it, what loot have I actually gotten so far? Uh.. I don't remember.

"It really is amazing," she breathed out, looking up at the sky. "It makes you wonder how all of this is possible right?" She looked back at him and grinned. "It's hard to believe we live in the era where virtual reality is possible. Now look at us now, stuck in a game with thousands of other people," she let out a lacy sigh. "It's just all sureal."

"I found some more!" she squeaked, picking up a bundle of material on the ground.

ID : 104852

LD : 15, Success

+ 2 Materials

@Cosi

Edited by Artemis

Cosi tried to be more active in his searching- he'd like to find a bit more materials while he was here- but he still tried to answer the girl's questions. "Yeah I think I can handle most monsters on this floor. I was planning on heading up to the second floor soon to give me more of a challenge." The last part of the sentence was mumbled through leaves as Cosi went searching into a bush trying to find what he thought he looked like a chest. As Cosi spat out leaves he saw that it had been a treasure chest, but someone had gotten to it first and dismantled it in an effort to open it. Cosi cursed his bad luck then got up out of the bush, twigs and leaves sticking to his hair and armor. He tried to brush himself as he responded to the girl, "Yeah... It surprising to think this is all virtual. Its just lines upon lines of code making us think we see, feel, and smell all this. It is surreal and amazing"

Spoiler

Searching for Treasure Chest

ID# 104910 - LD: 11- failure

@Artemis

Edited by Cosi

“Oh really?” She laughed softly to herself as she watched him check the bush. “I’m still pretty low leveled, but I try to take small steps to get where I want to,” she mumbled sheepishly, rubbing the back of her neck. She spotted more material at the corner of her eye. Giving one last glance at her partner, she walked over to it and placed it in her inventory with a sigh. Making her way back to Cosi she nodded her head with a smile. “Yeah, it’s hard to believe any of this is real.”

Looking up at the sky, Artemis stared at it for a couple seconds before looking back down. “So if you don’t mind me asking. How did you come up with your username? Real name? Nickname? Any part of your name? Or is totally made up?” She asked, her cherry red eyes seemingly had stars as she did so. 

ID : 104971

LD : 15, Success

+ 2 Materials 

@Cosi

Edited by Artemis

Cosi laughed at her question, "Its my gamer tag and channel name actually. I've used for every game I've ever played that required a username and its what I went by when I streamed my gaming videos." He chuckled, "I can not remember for the life of me if it means anything. I think I made it up as a little kid." Cosi laughed out loud. It had been quite a long time since he had thought about other games and his younger years. "So what about your username? If you don't mind me asking of course." As  Cosi waited for her answer he kept searching hoping to find some more materials. No luck. He could not for the life of him seem to find any materials among the bushes, trees, and flowers. The girl on the other hand seemed to be finding plenty of Mats. Not that he would ask her to share. No that would be terribly rude. Plus he really didn't need to many. Just a couple here and there.

Spoiler

Searching for Mats

ID# 104986- LD: 2- failure

@Artemis

Edited by Cosi

"Oh, so you used that name for everything, huh?" She giggled, "it's a really unique name if you ask me, but maybe the child you spelled 'cozy' wrong? Still, that's a long history just for a name." She chuckled, "it's good to have something that went with you to SAO, from the real world." She giggled alongside him, stretching her shoulders with a sigh. Taking a sharp breath, she clapped her hands together. "Okay! let me take you on a little mythology lesson here, darling. I'm sure you've heard of Artemis as a goddess, yes? Well, my brothers thought it'd be funny to call me Artemis because I love animals. And Artemis is like the goddess of wild animals and stuff like that y'know? But..." she paused, "what I didn't know is that she's also the goddess of hunting, so I was really mad at my brothers for calling me a goddess that hunts tiny little animals but I guess it just stuck to me." Artemis shrugged, "it also just sounds really cool."

ID : 105002

LD: 11, Success

+ 1 Material

@Cosi

Edited by Artemis

Cosi looked up from the flower patch he was investigating as Artemis started talking. "Yeah...I used it for everything" Cosi started feeling a little nostalgic. Remembering that late afternoon when his friends had convinced him to make a gaming channel after he had schooled them all in some fighting game that he couldn't remember the name to. He didn't even remember why he had chosen Cosi as the name when he sat down at that computer. Cosi sighed with the memories then turned his attention back to the girl. She was talking to about the greek goddess Artemis. She was a huntress but also the protector of the wild places and animals. Seemed kind of counter intuitive to be a hunter that defended animals but Cosi didn't say that. "Sounds like a great nickname, besides it is pretty cool. And who doesn't want to be named after a god or goddess. I mean that's ancient history but its still really cool."" 

Spoiler

Searching for Mats

ID# 105016- LD: 6- failure

@Artemis

Edited by Cosi

She hummed and dug her heels into the grass. Gah, when I am ever going to find anything? This is so... boring. She sighed, thinking about the times her brothers would call her Artemis with the intent of making her lash out. Stupid idiots. They’re lucky I just chewed my nails off, or I would’ve clawed both of their eyes out. The player stifled a loud laugh as she went back to when she would threaten to smash all of their gaming things if she ever got pissed. They loved it... I think? Bleh, I’m sure they did. They love me too much to hate it.

Shrugging her shoulders, she turned to him with a small smile plastered to her face, “meh. It’s not as original as yours though. I find original names pretty cool if you ask me. Plus, if Artemis was so important, what does that make me?” She mumbled, giving a small pout.

ID : 105081

LD : 1

@Cosi

Edited by Artemis
  • 2 weeks later...

Cosi plopped down on the grass, tired of searching for materials he could not seem to find. He took a deep breath and just tried to drink in the atmosphere of this place. The sweet smell of flowers and fruit. The soft breeze rustling the trees. The feel of fresh grass and soft earth between his fingers. Cois let out a sigh. It was so strange that this game could make something so beautiful. Not only was this really all ones and zeroes but the rest of the game was trying to kill every single player. Cosi turned back to the girl as she stifled a laugh- probably at some memory- and decided to comment, "That makes you you. It doesn't really what someone's name is. A name is only a small fraction of who some one is. There's so much more to a person: look, personality, actions, tastes, and opinions. So it doesn't mater too much what you are called. Just who you are that defines the name you were given- or in this case chosen." 

Spoiler

Searching for Mats

ID# 105305- LD: 1- failure

@Artemis

Edited by Cosi

Falling back on to the grass, Artemis blew a piece of hair in her face that was bothering her. "I guess. Names are powerful things too though, mind you," she replied,  a  giving a small smile. "I'm bored," she blurted out. "And I don't feel like looking for materials anymore," she groaned, rolling over so that she was facing the grass. "I have an idea!" She shouted with a muffled voice. "Let's play twenty-one questions! No harm in that," she suggested, turning over so that she was once again facing that sky. "Does that sound good? Or is it too weird to do that with a total stranger?" She asked, giving Cosi a sideways glance. "I mean its fine if you don't want to. We can just play another game like true or dare, or would you rather, or never have I ever..." The player trailed off, sighing again. "I'm rambling again."

ID : 105315

LD : 4, Fail

@Cosi

Edited by Artemis