[F01- PP] Its a Beautiful Day Outside... «Nature's Treasure»

Log Entry Eight

I go on a gathering spree- you can never have to much loot or Mats- and I make a new friend....

----------------------------

Cosi had heard that there was a garden area on the first floor were finding materials was so much easier than anywhere else. Having heard this he decided to go check it out. Cosi as a merchant didn't need materials to craft or anything but he could still use them because it seemed that most other professions and shop owners- like blacksmiths and shops- preferred to be payed in Materials. So off Cosi went optimistic and cheery because there was bound to be more people at this garden so Cosi would probably be able to meet some more people and make more friends. And good heavens how Cosi needed more friends in this game. Having more friends would make living life here so much easier and happier.

Stats, Skills, and Gear

Spoiler

Hp: 180

Energy: 18

Mitigation: 39

Thorns:  18

Damage: 4

--------------

One-handed Straight Sword: Novice

Heavy Armor: Rank 2

Concentration

---------------

Rose Gold (Perfect)(Shield)(Regen 1, Mitigation 1, Thorns 1)

Raiserkinlger (perfect)(1H Straight Sword)(Damage 2, Accuracy 1)

Richter (perfect)(Heavy Armor)(Mitigation 2, Thorns 1)

(3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

5,665 Col and (9) Tier 1 materials

(4) Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
(1) Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
(1) Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)

Edited by Cosi

Artemis squealed excitedly as she entered the garden. This. Is. So. Cool! We never had gardens like this where I lived! She swept her gaze over the endless amounts of plants. “This is officially the best thing I’ve ever seen,” she breathed, her body trembling with happiness. She laughed to herself, I hope this day never ends..

Wait, what am I here again? She sighed, blinking away the distractions. Oh right! For those materials for my future shop! She clapped her hands together and sighed happily. Im definitely going to need a lot.. lot of materials.

She walked, lost in thought. What would I do first.. uh, this is.. confusing. She bit her lip, ack! This is making my head hurt. What if I- The strawberry blonde player yelped as she ran into someone. Falling on her bottom, blinked rapidly. Why am I so short?! She whined in her head, this is so unfair!

@Cosi

Cosi was just walking around, minding his own business, enjoying the view of flowers, and taking in the smells of the garden, when he felt someone run into him. Not a very large someone because it did not cause Cosi to stumble much at all. Cosi turned around and then looked down at the small blonde haired girl that had run into him. "Hi there! I hope you're not hurt." Cosi called cheerfully, it was actually nice to meet someone even if they had to literally had to bump into him. Cosi extended a helping hand. "Are you gathering materials as well? I here that this is the best place to find them." Cosi wandered a bit then circled back to the girl. "Its such a beautiful place. I don't suppose you'd like to join me.?I always like having company." Cosi waited for the little girl to respond then realized something, "Sorry. My name's Cosi. What's your's?" The tall blonde holds out a hand.

@Artemis

Edited by Cosi

She looked up at him and rubbed the back of her head sheepishly. “Hey. Yeah, I’m alright, sorry for bumping into you,” she gave a light chuckle, taking his hand with hers. Heaving herself up, she smiled brightly at him, “thanks. Sorry for bumping into you,” the player suppressed a giggle. “I’m really a clutz, real world or not.” She nodded her head with a small smile, “Yeah I am, I plan on opening a shop soon so I want to get some materials before I open up,” the player explained, watching the grass for a few seconds before returning her gaze back on the.. tall player.

”It really is..” she murmured, smiling to herself. “Oh, of course! I would love to, it’s not everyday you find someone as social as you so I’m taking the opportunity while I still have it!” She exclaimed, laughing to herself.

Reaching for his hand, she clapped it with a grin. “I’m Artemis, nice to meet you Cosi!”

@Cosi

Cosi grinned, glad to have made another friend in this game, and started walking his eyes already searching for useful materials. "Artemis, that's a nice name. Nice to meet you as well." Cosi kept moving through the flowers, past bushes, and underneath fruit trees. Everything was so lush and green: the grass, trees, and plants. The colors of flowers and fruit just popped, it almost hurt his eyes. The smells were intoxicating: the roses, lilies, peaches, and apples. Everything was so bright, clear, sharp, and amazing. A burbling brook winded its way through the garden. Cosi's senses felt bombarded. He felt giddy, he nearly started spinning in circles and laughing. But then he remembered he was supposed to be looking for materials. Alas he was too enamored with the garden and couldn't pry his eyes away to go look for materials. He practically frolicked through the flowers, grinning like an idiot.  

Spoiler

Searching for materials-

ID# 104711- LD: 8- failure

@Artemis

Edited by Cosi

She gave a happy smile to him before resuming her searching. That’s right, you’re here to look for materials Not to good off... her thoughts trailed off as she saw something bright and small flutter in front of her. “Oh my gosh, it’s a butterfly!” She squealed like a child, her eyes gleaming with amazement as she watched the little bug land on a nearby flower. “This is the most exciting thing I’ve done since coming here!” She exclaimed, her mouth forming an ‘o’ shape as she watched the bug flutter it’s bright blue wings.

As the insect flew away, she let out a joyful sigh, “Where I grew up, there was never really that much animals or insects. So that butterfly was a life changing discovery for me,” the player rambled to Cosi.

“It’s so nice here! I wish I could live here.” She felt her fingers twitch with happiness as her gaze flew across the scenery. I wish the big city was like this.. oh right! Materials! She looked around, spotting a few materials covered by some grass and leaves. “Ahah! You can’t hide from me!”

ID : 104713

LD : 18, Success

+ 2 Materials

@Cosi

Edited by Artemis

Cosi chuckled to himself. This girl was so happy go lucky, and joyful. She’s a little naive as well. She hasn’t seen the rest that SAO has to offer: the hardship, the fighting, the fear. The rest of this game might chew up this little girl and spit her her back out. “Yeah it is really a nice place. Beautiful and amazing but I wouldn’t like to live here.” Cosi strolled through the gardens, “I’ve got a nice shop up on the fourth floor. It’s cold up there, covered in snow, but I love the cold. The wintery chill, the smell of cedar and pine.” Cosi shivered at the thought, but it was a happy shiver. Wait I need to be looking for materials. I keep forgetting that. Cosi looked for any materials but couldn’t find any. The garden was still too distracting: too many sights, smells, sounds, and tastes.

Spoiler

Searching for Materials-

ID# 104721- LD: 9- failure

Edited by Cosi

“Oh? What’s your profession? I’d totally buy from whatever your shop is,” she grinned, skipping alongside him. “But yeah, I can.. withstand the cold. The only reason why I like it is because it sometimes brings snow. And snow is so pretty y’know? I used to imagine everyone in the world was a flake of snow cause they’re all different.” A small smile played her lips, “but that’s just my thoughts.” 

“When I decide to open a shop, a place with lots, and lots, and lots of flowers would be the first place I’d pick!” She felt happy at just the thought. “Just imagine working in an environment like this!” The player twirled a few times, laughing softly. “It’s hard to believe all of this is fake, huh?” I wish the real world was like this. You don’t see skyscrapers and pollution in Aincrad. Just nature and towns. None of that big city stuff.

ID : 104720

LD : 3, Fail

@Cosi

Edited by Artemis

"I'm a merchant so I sell and identify items. I'm not open yet. I want to get a little better at it before I open my shop," Cosi chuckled to himself as he strolled through the garden. It was amazing here. "Yeah... the snow is really pretty. And I'd have to agree with you: everyone is different and special." Cosi kept moving among the flowers and trees, talking with Artemis, and looking for materials. "If you make a shop surrounded with gardens like this," Cosi spread his arms wide and gestured to the flowers around him, "I'd definitely visit it every once in a while." Cosi searched around for some materials but they still eluded him, "Damn, I swear that my luck when it comes to finding things is terrible" Cosi chuckled to himself again as he leaned down to look under a bush and amidst the flowers, hoping to spot a material or too.

Spoiler

Searching for Materials-

ID# 104751- LD: 1- failure

@Artemis

Edited by Cosi

“Oh, I’ll defintily come when it opens though,” she piped up, giving him a wide smile. “I think being a merchant is too complicated for me,” she chuckled wryly. “But it’s pretty cool that you’re one, my friends a merchant too!” Her eyes lit up at the thought of snow again, “Yeah, it’s one of the prettiest things ever! Even though it’s all white, when you see it snowing.. it’s a literal wonderland.”

”Aw thanks! If I ever took breaks, I could always just step right outside and inhale the fresh breeze an pollen,” she joked. “Yeah, everything in Aincrad is really luck. But I guess that’s how the game mechanics work? I’m not really sure, I was never really the one to go into computer science or something.” She looked around, spotting nothing among the plants. “Guess my luck is that great either.”

ID : 104752

LD : 4, Fail

@Cosi

Edited by Artemis

Cosi stood back up after looking through the bushes and finding nothing. "Cool. Who' is your friend? and yeah, I love that view: everything covered in white, the trees frosted with snow, the ground covered with that fresh powder that crunches as you walk." Cosi sighed as he thought of home: where the summers were very hot and the winters were freezing, but it was still home. Cosi kept walking through the gardens. They were so amazing but he had to agree with the little blonde: it was hard to believe this was all just lines of code. "Yeah. I'm with you there: the game mechanics are all RNG. I never did computer science or programming but I played tons video games in... the real world. So I know a thing or two about how games work." Cosi still could not find any materials. Damn RNG. Keeping me from finding any materials. I should have probably gotta some buffs to help with searching. Cosi shrugged his shoulders and kept looking.

Spoiler

Searching for Materials-

ID# 104753- BD: 3- failure

@Artemis

Edited by Cosi

“His name is Pick, I don’t know if he’d consider me a friend though,” she chuckled to herself, “but I’d like to think it.” Biting her lip in boredom, she tilted her head at him. “Did you live near the forest? You’re describing things I never see in the city,” she sighed, “city life was boring.” She mumbled, thinking off the giant sky scrapers and honking of cars. It was nice there, no doubt. But if suburban and and rural life were like this.. her gaze swept across the flowers and trees, I think I would’ve definitely preferred living in those areas.

She scratched her neck with a giggle, “personally, SAO is like my first game. I mean, I’ve played those addictive phone games but this is all new to me..” she frowned for a second, “this whole thing was so confusing for me at first,” she sighed, remembering those times she didn’t even know how to equip her weapon. “Those were the dark ages,” she muttered in (fake) grim. 

Still nothing huh? She frowned at the lack of materials she’s finding.

ID : 104757

LD : 2, Fail

@Cosi

Edited by Artemis

"Pick, huh? Don't recognize the name. Maybe you can introduce me to him someday?" Cosi kept walking past blooming flowers, exotic fruit trees, and bushes laden with berries. "People can be complicated and difficult to read." Cosi still liked meeting people anyways no matter how difficult they were. "And yeah. My family house was outside of the city. Not in the forest but close enough to it. I love the outdoors." Too much steel, concrete, and buildings. Cosi shrugged his shoulders, mostly to himself. "So I don't know much about city life but a lot of my friends lived there so I visited it. Too much noise." Cosi began looking for more materials. He was having to good of a time talking to someone instead of doing what he came here to do. "Hey! I found one!" Finally a material, Cosi thought to himself. "But yeah I was so psyched to get SAO and play it. I love games."

Spoiler

Searching for Materials-

ID# 104761- LD: 11- success

+1 Material

@Artemis

Edited by Cosi

“I’ll ask him about it,” she nodded, following after him all while admiring the flowers. “I’ve met my fair share of difficult people,” she chuckled. She looked up with him in admiration in her eyes, “woah! That sounds so cool! What’d you do? Did you explore? How much land did you own. Have you ever swam?!” She bombarded him with questions. “Did you ever see any wild animals?” She squealed like a child, her body shaking with anticipation.

”Nice job,” she grinned, spotting a few materials a few meters away, “I found two!” She cheered, placing the materials in her inventory. “Really?” Her brows rose, “were you good at them? I think being a really good gamer would get you a lot of fame,” she pondered our loud. “I just played SAO to finally get out of the city atmosphere. Skyscrapers get so bored to look at sometimes,” she sighed, pulling her hair behind her ears.

ID : 104766

LD : 18, Success

+ 2 Materials 

@Cosi

Edited by Artemis

Cosi kept walking through the gardens looking for more materials and being bombarded by the little girls questions. He tried to answer them all still. Conversation was nice. “I did explore with my sister when I was younger. And no I never swam: for fun or for school. I played basketball and volleyball. And if we were lucky we’d see some deer around our place sometimes.” Cosi looked around for more materials. It seemed like there was a lot in this one spot. “Yeah I got pretty good at video games. And I started making a profession out of it. So yeah I guess I did get a good amount of fame” Cosi trails away at this statement and seems to lose himself in thought. 

Spoiler

Searching for Materials 

ID# 104789- LD: 3- failure

@Artemis

Edited by Cosi

"You had a sister?! You are so lucky, having brothers were no fun," she pouted, remembering the times her brothers would always do something the exact opposite from what she wanted to do. "Oh, cool.. you played a few sports, huh? I was too short to play some sports at my school," she sighed sheepishly. "A deer?! I've only seen them in pictures," she closed her eyes, thinking of the gentle creature she would read and look at. "That's so cool! I literally have never been out of the city, it was so boring there." Artemis said gruffly, "but it was still home I guess." She searched the ground for more materials, but to no avail. "That's awesome! Did you make a lot of money? It must be awesome to get paid for playing games, huh? So were you like a YouTuber? Or something like a streamer? I've heard both of those get really good pay."

ID : 104794

@Cosi

Edited by Artemis

Cosi smiles sheepishly. It was a little weird talking about his real life- A life that he had been away from so long- but it was pleasant as well. “Yeah I had...have a younger sister. I also have a brother but he’s just a baby so he’s really just cute right now. And yeah sports were fun but I wasn’t really the best at them. I just played cause my friends played.” Cosi kept strolling along through the lush garden of flowers and trees. “I only saw them a few times. The deer usually stayed away from our house.” Cosi stumbled a bit at her comment, “You mean you’ve never ever been out of the city? I don’t know what I would have done if I was stuck in the city. It’s not a bad place but I love the outdoors so much more.” Cosi continued walking and looking for more materials. “Yeah I did make a good amount of money. Nothing crazy but still it was fun being paid to play video games and yes I was a streamer.” Cosi walked in silence for a bit before asking, “So what was your life like... in the real world I mean” as he waited for her answer he spotted two materials in a bush, moved over there, and picked them. Maybe his luck was finally turning around. 

Spoiler

Searching for Materials

ID# 104798- LD: 20- succes

+2 Mats

@Artemis

Edited by Cosi

"Your life sounds so cool!" She exclaimed, her eyes twinkling. "And no, I've never been out of the city," she said dryly, "my parents always had to work so we never really went on vacation. I mean, there as still a bunch of things to do there.. it just got.. bland eventually." She sighed, spotting nothing once again. "There was a park, but that was the closest thing I ever got to the wilderness." 

"That's really cool! I had a good amount of jobs where I lived, but it must be cool being a streamer, huh." She felt giddy at the thought. What jobs did I have again? Agh, there was so many. I'm pretty sure I got fired at most of them. There was the boba tea shop. There was that candy store. The ice cream parlor, did I work in retail? I can't remember! She let out a low huff, shrugging her shoulders. "It was.. normal. Like, abnormally normal. Happy family, happy apartment, siblings that got along strangely. Parents had decent paying jobs, I had a group of friends, it's like something form a movie."

ID :104800

@Cosi

Edited by Artemis

Cosi smiled fondly at his memories and thought of what the girl had said: a normal life, a happy family, happy parents, and happy siblings, an easy life, like something out of a movie. That sounded exactly like his family. Cosi missed them so much. “That sounds almost exactly like my family. There was nothing special about any of us. I guess except me. I was good enough at video games to get myself trapped in this death game.” Cosi chuckles to himself but there was very little real humor in it. He kept walking, passing flowers, bushes, and trees. “Oh, yeah. Off topic but keep your eyes peeled for treasure chests. The things are littered around Aincrad and sometimes you can spot one. I’ve literally tripped over three in my time actually going around and doing quests.” Cosi was still having a hard time finding materials. Another group of players must have already come through this garden looking for materials so they were scare. 

Spoiler

Searching for Materials

ID# 104804- LD: 3- failure

@Artemis

Edited by Cosi

She let out a small laugh, "I could almost say the same thing! I was the actual black sheep of my family. They never wanted to go out and explore like me. I guess that's what brought me to SAO," she gave an identical chuckle, "I haven't gone by any treasure chests. I had that they're sometimes bad luck. Nasty stuff comes out of them sometimes," she made a sour face. 

Finding a bundle of materials, she gave a small 'aha!' before placing them in her inventory and continuing their conversation. "So, how have you been enjoying Aincrad? I mean, sure.. its a so called 'death game'," she made quotes with her fingers, "but it doesn't mean we should stress out with it right? We don't want to return to the real world and find out we've all been growing gray hairs right?" she joked, a soft laugh escaping her.

ID : 104805

LD : 16, Success

+ 2 Materials

@Cosi

Edited by Artemis