[PP-F1] Learn your basics <<The First Few Lessons are Free>>

Dan blushed as he realized his blunder, not even noticing the lack of herbs. "Oh, profession. I see yo-... Yeah. Um... I don't really know? To be honest? I don't usually pick up a profession in MMOs typically, always much too focused on actually doing quests, plus I never really understood all the stats and all the stuff I could make I could actually get as quest rewards and they'd be better than anything I could make on my own. But who knows I might here. Things are different here so who knows? If anything I might go either into blacksmithing for weapon creation or into tailoring so as to get some light armor for myself. I've always kinda liked blacksmiths in real life though. They get to hit stuff with a hammer and burn things." He crawled into another bush. "What about you, what in-game profession has caught your fancy? If any that is."

@Katagawa

Roll ID #104912 LD 12 T1 Material found 4/5

Edited by pureblade
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Haven't had the chance to give it too much thought. Each of the professions has their pros and cons but I can't really decide which would be best for me." Hokori continued to search as she thought about how specific she wanted to be with her answer. "Though some seem like they could be useful, I don't know how well their gear will be in the later game. I also don't know if I want to try and profit off of the crafting or just use it for my own good. Ideally, I could also help provide for the front lines with my profession, though it seems that it would mostly be covered for them. I doubt that they would be making the progress that they are if there wasn't anyone crafting consumables and items for them. That really just leaves with it coming down to personal choice, which I've always been terrible at." Hokori realized that she had begun to ramble on a bit. "Sorry about that, have a bad habit of going for a while on a single subject."

Spoiler

Roll ID: #104913

LD: 8 - no mats

Total: 1x T1 Mat

@pureblade

Dan just laughed as she apologized for, "Rambling." "Don't apologize," he said as he gathered another herb for his inventory. "It just means you're talking about something you have an interest in." He stood and brushed himself off as he was now covered in twigs and leaves. "I can't fault you for talking about one of your interests, and anyone who does shouldn't. Besides I 'ramble' all the time about all sorts of different things, from books to tv shows, to video games, so it's not like I can really complain about it." He giggled. "You can keep going if you like I'll still listen but I'm going to keep looking over there." He said pointing to another section of shrubbery. "Or you can ask your question doesn't matter to me either way." He smiled as he walked over and into the bushes yet again as he rummaged through the dense foliage.

@Katagawa

(Roll ID #104914 LD 13 No Chest found 4/5)

Edited by pureblade

"No no, I should stop. I can ramble on about nearly anything. Get me going and I'll just keep talking about something whether I like it or not. It usually just devolves into speculation." She took some time to try and find some more materials as she debated about what she wanted her next question to be. She couldn't really think of one that would be informative as well as circumvent the risk of setting them off. She decided to go for one that was a little silly, though could still be useful instead. "So, was there anything that you were looking forward to doing in this game before the announcement." She tried to keep some of the stuff vague in hopes that it would be glossed over. It still ran the risk of triggering him, though she couldn't think of something relevant that wouldn't. The game had become their life, so it was hard not to talk about it.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #104919

LD: 12 - no mats

Total: 1x T1 mats

@pureblade

Dan laughed as he heard just how rambly she could get. He sighed a little, wistfully as he thought back to years ago. "Well, I mean... All of it. I mean, people have been trying to do this since video games existed, put you in the game. And now they have!" He exclaimed happily. "This has been every gamer's dream for so long and for it to be a reality is just breathtaking. But of course, something had to ruin it." He chuckled balefully as he dove into another bush to search. "But who knows, maybe this will open the door for new developers in the future." He thought about it for a second... "Or maybe it'll just close the doors." Turning back to Kat for a second he asked. "What do you think? Think you'll ever go for the full dive ever again after we get out of here?"

@Katagawa

(Roll ID #104936 LD 4 No Mats 4/5)

Edited by pureblade

Still unable to find any more materials of her own, Hokori decided to focus more on trying to answer the question she was asked. "It would really depend. Though I know that this is more the work of a sadist than anything, I am really enjoying the experience. I think that if people actually invested into it, it could become an amazing source of entertainment. It will never be without any risk, there will always be something that will threaten your health even if it isn't implemented as a part of the game. But if there were no ways to outright kill me, and I could control how the full dive interacts with my real body, than I would be fine with doing it once again." It was an interesting thought, though Hokori was uncertain whether her view was completely solid. She had probably been less jolted by the announcement that they were trapped than others, but it was entirely possible that there were underlying effects she hadn't realized yet. "So, you going to try full dive again if the opportunity arises?"

Spoiler

Roll ID: #105044

LD: 13 - no mats

Totals: 1x T1 mat

Dan hummed as he stopped in his search to think about it. "I'm not really sure." He said as he leaned against a tree trunk. "Honestly it's a weird position. On the one hand, I don't want to condemn the whole industry because of one madman. On the other hand, it will be hard to trust a full dive again. On the other hand, this is fun as hell." He grins as he thinks about the possibilities. "I mean think about the games they could make. Like a game where you can fly around, or an FPS would be really cool." He sighed as he thought about it. "Maybe, and this is a big maybe if they get the microwave out of these things, I might play another full dive. Then I can use this old thing to microwave my frozen burritos instead of my grey matter." He says with a laugh as he leans forward and starts looking through the bushes for more herbs. "So what are you going to do when you get out?"

@Katagawa

Roll ID: #105055 LD 20 T1 Mats found 5/5

Edited by pureblade

Hokori listened carefully to Pure's response. It was certainly an interesting thought of just what the full dive tech could give you. Truly an experience like no other. She was still shocked that someone would lock players in a game this way, as people were usually in it for the money and this game would've been a huge hit. She finally managed to find herself another material before Seeing pure had gotten another one as well. "After I'm out of this game, I'm hoping that my school will take me back in and let me go for a master's degree. I don't know if they'll let me back in though. They're usually quite wary of people taking gap year's, and two years is quite a long time when you're not actively working in the field of your study. I just wish there was some way for me to work on my degree while in this game, though I doubt there is any such way. You get all the materials you need? Noticed you got one more."

Spoiler

Roll ID: #105061

LD: 19 - T1 mat found

Totals: 2x T1 mats

@pureblade

Dan laughed triumphantly as he finally found the last herb he needed. He quickly placed it in his inventory as he stood. "Yeah, looks like we're all set to go. And I wouldn't worry about your school taking you back. I mean, you've been stuck in a life or death situation for past two years. And even if they don't screw them, there's plenty of great schools out there who I'm sure would love to have you. Who knows maybe they'll even have programs for us so we can catch up on stuff we missed." He said with a shrug. "Either way PT's gonna suck." He said with a sigh. "Welp we should get back to the workshop. I'm sure ol'... whatshisface is waiting for us. Dan said as he struggled to remember the name for the second time today. "God, why do I suck with names so much?" He asked rhetorically.

Hokori quickly searched around for one more material to grab before the two made their way back towards the Town of Beginnings. She didn't know when she would next be out gathering, so it was best that she worked on these things now rather than later. "I don't know about you, but I always struggle with the names of real people. I don't seem to do as bad with fictional characters though. Maybe it's just because I always needed to know who a conversation was about when my friends started to talk video games. Haven't really figured out how that applies to a game like this. Everything is so real yet so fictional." Hokori trailed off a bit at the end of her thought, still trying to comprehend just how in sync she was with the game. As she had said, she couldn't help but feel this was a second layer to reality, but then there was still the issue of it all being a virtual one. It felt so strange to even consider things like this. She remembered seeing some movie about a digital world while in Europe, and she couldn't comprehend it any more than this.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #105113

LD: 20 - found 1x T1 Mat

Totals; 3x T1 mats

@pureblade

Dan laughed as he walked beside the woman. "Honestly same here. Always had trouble matching names to faces, at least at the start of the conversation. But like, I can remember characters from TV shows, movies, and video games better than anything. I generally know most of the super iconic characters from big franchises. Mario, Sonic, Samus, never really played any of them though. Just trying to keep up with the culture I guess. He said with a smile." He looked around as they started to finally reenter the town. "Ugh finally. I was really getting tired of that forest. Personally, think we spent waaaay too long in there." As Dan stretched his arms above his head he felt something poke him and grumbled as he saw it was a leafy twig stuck in his hair. "And it seems I just can't escape it he said as he tossed the twig aside. With that he started to follow the quest marker back towards the workshop.

@Katagawa

Hokori followed pure back towards the workshop, letting him lead the way so he could get more familiar with the layout of the place. She still remembered where the workshop was, but figured letting others learn for themselves would be better. She had always done much better in hands on experiences for classes, instead of letting someone just tell her what to do. Letting someone grow into their own place rather than having her trim them away from it would work better in the long run as well. Though she wasn't sure how fast she would be able to make up ground on the front liners, she hoped that maybe one day the two of them could both be there. It would be good to have people she knew from her old days come to the front with her. Though she knew not to be so intimidated by the people stuck in the same situation as her, she couldn't help but be so. It was frightening knowing that those players could easily end her in one hit.

@pureblade

Dan pushed the door open to the workshop. "I'm back." He called out to the NPC. The old man was currently turned around at a workbench and turned around as he heard the boy enter. "Ah, Pureblade. Welcome back. Did you find the materials I sent you out for?" Dan opened his inventory and pulled out the 5 Tier One Materials he'd managed to find. "Yep. It too five-ever but we found them." Zakariah chuckled at this. "Patience is required in all aspects of this world. Whether it be out simply gathering, or waiting for the opportune moment to strike." He gestured him over to the table he stood in front of. "Why don't you bring those over here and we can start the next part in our lesson." Dan brought the handful of little blobs over to the workbench as the man briefly went over the different types of potions once more. "Now you're gonna give it a try, alright?" The NPC said. Dan nodded as he took the material and put it in the mortar and began to grind it up with the pestle. After adding a few other ingredients he put it all in a bottle and shook it up hoping for the best.

@Katagawa

(Roll ID: 105117 CD:5 Good Potion Crafted)

Edited by pureblade

Hokori stayed close to the exit of the shop, not wanting to interrupt any other players who were doing the quest as well. It seemed that there were a few that had finally gotten themselves gathered up and making their way forward in this game. Maybe it was just a lucky day, or perhaps there was a lot of NPCs that frequented the area. Regardless, the shop was certainly not just the two of them and the quest giver. Perhaps one day she would try and figure out what made these NPCs tick. She had always been looking for new progress in swarm technology, and large amounts of NPCs interacting properly was the gaming equivalent for that. The other guys she knew always thought she was such a girl for poring over these little details, but she just thought that it would be good to study what others may have stumbled across accidentally. The accidents were what usually led to huge progress in a field after all. Seeing that the boy was nearly done with his work, she stopped leaning against the wall, giving her equipment a quick check before they would need to head out for the next stop. She figured that it would be a good idea to help him out as much as she could, show him the ropes that she knew. One day she hoped the two of them could be on equal footing.

@pureblade

Zakariah took the potion and looked it over, holding it close to his eyes, gazing at it critically. Apparently finding what he was looking for he lowered the bottle and smiled at the boy. "Fine work Pureblade." He said as he put the bottle down. "Seems you've got quite a knack for this." The man put his chin in his hands as he thought about something. "Say, since you've been helping me so much maybe you could do me one more favor."  Dan shrugged and smiled at the NPC. "Sure, shouldn't be too bad. What do you need me to do?" He asked. "Just one second." Zakariah wanders over to one of the many tables scattered around and grabs a parcel wrapped in brown paper and tied up with string. "I need you to deliver this to the blacksmith Lyle Tealeaf. He's been waiting on these for a little bit, but I've just been so busy I haven't had a chance to deliver them myself." He says as he gestures to the other players in the workshop. Dan just smiled and nodded."Sure not a problem. Just point me in the right direction." Zakariah smiled at him and marked the next location on his map. "C'mon Kat, time to go." He said smiling at her as he walked back through the door.

@Katagawa

Hokori follwoed Pure through the exit of the shop, once again letting him lead. She didn't see there being much if a point in small talk right now, so kept quiet for the time being. Pure seemed honed in on what he wanted to get accomplished, and she admired him for that. She had seen many people just drop out because they couldn't pick themselves up and get going to work on things. It was a rare sight, or so it felt at times, but a very nice one. Again, thoughts of getting to the front lines crept into Hokori's mind. She knew that they would be a ways away, but she didn't want to let that make her lose hope. She knew that if she pushed hard enough she could make it to the end. That's all that it would take. She only needed to make it to the end. But as much as she tried to make the matter seem trivial, she knew that she had an arduous journey ahead of her. There was little she could do to avert that, she had spent two years trying to.

@pureblade

Dan stopped as he walked a little ways from the workshop and turned towards Katagawa. "Hey hold on a second." He said, stopping her. "First off I just wanted to say thanks for coming with me and helping me out. Honestly, I think I would have gone nuts in that forest." He said with a laugh. "But seriously thanks. I know it's not fun carting the newb around. After we deliver the package you can go if you like. I'm sure you have much better things to do than follow me around all day." As he said this though he was smiling. "I mean it's not that I want you to go, but I don't want you to feel like you have stay with me for this whole quest chain." If he was being honest he didn't want her to go. He actually rather enjoyed her company, but it would be selfish to keep her here if she wanted to go somewhere else.

@Katagawa

Hokori stopped and listened to what Pure had to say. Though it was nice to be recognized for her assistance, she really hadn't done all that much to help his efforts for this part. "No no, I'll stay. Besides, the next quest is when things will get a little bit more interesting. Still just as random, but it will be interesting." She had just recently finished taking on these quests herself, and remembered how lucky she had gotten with them. Hopefully the game would smile down on them and give it to them just as quick, though now that she thought it, it was likely it would take quite a while. She was more powerful now though, and could go for longer without the need to rest. If there was the possibility of her getting what Pure would need while swinging her blade, than that would make things much easier. If not, she could probably just fight some of her own enemies while she let him take care of things. As much as she wanted him to learn on his own, she didn't want him to die to a boar.

@pureblade

Dan just shrugged and smiled at her. Smiling seemed to be a permanent state of being for him. "Alright, suit yourself. But if you change your mind the options still open to you." With that, he continued toward Lyle's workshop. "And thanks, by the way." He said. He continued to walk down the winding roads of the down and after a while, he started getting frustrated. "Man why did they make this town so big and these workshops so far." He asked as he kind of slumped over. "I mean if I had to guess I'd say it's probably so you can see all the different places in town? Maybe? I don't know, what do you think Kat?" He asked as he continued to trudged on. He was never a big fan of walking. If the good lord intended us to walk he never would have invented roller skates. He thought, quoting a super old movie.

@Katagawa

"I've probably already walked around most of the town, but I do occasionally see things around here change. Mostly just the player run shops that pop up and then close down. I also spent quite a bit of time searching for the blacksmith, he's just right across the plaza though." Hokori pointed towards Lyle, not wanting to waste too much time. It would be good to let him learn on his own, but with how terrible she felt the menus in this game were it would be better to just point towards the location and let him walk there. There were things that should be left for people to learn and other things that needed to be taught if possible. She felt that time was of the essence, so she just taught them instead. "Once you turn that in, we can start working on the next quest. I should be able to help with the gathering portion of it this time, though I'm not sure. If not, I can still at least show you the ropes of combat."

@pureblade