[PP-F2] <<Long Live the Queen>> (Cosi, Artemis)

Objectives:

• Accept the quest and form a party
  • Defeat the Wasp Queen (Wasp Queen: 50/50 | DMG: 20)
  • Socialize/Material Gather/Plot

Pick smiled - he was eager to try out his new cape that he had obtained from Hei just a couple of minutes ago, and what was the best thing to try it out on? In the wilderness of the second floor. Here, there were a plentiful of materials, and they would prove to be useful for him eventually, not that he was short on them at the moment of anything. Material gathering wasn't the main reason that he was here, though. No, he was here to complete a quest as well, to be exact, he was here to defeat the queen of the second floor and take her crown as a price. Pick grinned, checking his inventory and equipping everything that he needed. Like always, he would post on the player request boards for anyone who wanted to tag along. Pick could definitely just solo this quest and defeat the queen with ease now that he had added a rank to his weapon skill, but what was the fun in that? It's quite boring soloing quests - he had learned that from experience. The more the merrier - that was his philosophy, and he could spend this time establishing relationships and bonds with other players that might come useful in the future. Pulling out his menu, he began to write:

If any low-leveled players are still in need of completing the queen bee quest, meet me near the gates of the second floor. We can grab something to eat for lunch and then head out to get the quest done. I'm the blonde handsome guy standing around waiting for people, so it shouldn't be that hard to find me.

@Cosi @Artemis

Cosi was just passing the player request board when he noticed something. Someone had put out a request for people wanting to do the Long Live the Queen quest. Cosi stopped to look more closely. Yep, he had planning on doing that one soon so he might as well join this fellow. It was always more fun to do quests with others. Cosi started heading to the town gates. The man had described himself as blonde and handsome and while that was kind of vague it showed that he had confidence. And confident people were easy to spot. If fact Cosi thought he saw the man now. He was a sandy blonde and definitely good looking, Cosi really didn’t care what the man looked like. Cosi waved and called out, “Off to kill a wasp queen, are you? Mind if I join?” Cosi walked over to the man and extended a gauntled hand,”I’m Cosi by the way.”

Stats, Gear, and Skills

Spoiler

Hp: 180

Energy: 18

Mitigation: 39

Thorns:  18

Damage: 4

--------------

One-handed Straight Sword: Novice

Heavy Armor: Rank 2

Concentration

---------------

Rose Gold (Perfect)(Shield)(Regen 1, Mitigation 1, Thorns 1)

Raiserkinlger (perfect)(1H Straight Sword)(Damage 2, Accuracy 1)

Richter (perfect)(Heavy Armor)(Mitigation 2, Thorns 1)

(3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

5,665 Col and (9) Tier 1 materials

(4) Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
(1) Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
(1) Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)

@Artemis

@Pick

Edited by Cosi

OOC : I am assuming this is after I meet both Pick and Cosi, lmao.

Strolling by a request board, Artemis stopped dead in her tracks when she saw something very peculiar. Examining a request on the board, a small eyebrow rose on her face, why do I feel like I know this guy? She scratched her chin for a bit, shrugging soon after. He sounds familiar, but I'll have to see. Skipping towards the towns entrance, she clapped her hands together happily when she saw some familiar faces. "Oh, hi Pick! I knew that request sounded kind of funny. I should've known it was you!" Artemis grinned playfully, turning to the other familiar face. "So you're here too Cosi, it's been a 'while', I guess." She gave him her signature smile and rubbed her hands together. "This is so cool! We're going to be fighting a giant bug! This is going to be awesome!" The blonde sighed happily, giving exciting glances to both of her peers.

Battle Ready Inventory :

Spoiler

HP : 80

EN : 8

DMG : 3

ACC : 1

> Starters Rapier - 1 ACC + 1 DMG

> Starters Light Armor - Vanity

> 3 Starter Healing Potions - Heals +50 HP

> 1 Damage Potion - Adds +1 DMG

@Pick @Cosi

Edited by Artemis

Object Complete: Accept the quest and form a party

Pick smiled as two players arrived to assist him. Like he said before, this wasn't an extremely difficult quest so it should not take that long to complete, and it should not be dangerous either. However, Pick would pick completing a quest with multiple people far more than completing a quest by himself over and over again - he had learned that lesson from completely soloing the four beginner quests. It was, of course, not a very good experience. Pick sat down, observing the shops of the first floor. There were actually quite a variety around - ramen, pizza, pasta - all sorts of different shops that were available for players to dine in. Personally, Pick would love the pasta - it was a gentlemanly food which could be eaten without making a mess of yourself.

As Pick was observing these restaurants, he noticed a blonde figure approaching him with the corner of his eye. Standing up, he extended his hand as well and gave the man a weak handshake. "Pardon me, I am not adapt at the art of handshakes," Pick said after releasing, "I've learnt that touching a woman's hand requires absolute gentleness, but I've never touched a male's hand. Besides, where I came from, we bow and give kisses instead of a handshake. Anyways, my name is Pick, a thief," Pick hesitated, "Of hearts."

As he finished the sentence, he heard a familiar voice call out. It was that of a girl who he had helped on a quest not that long ago. "Artemis, it has been a while. Since you are the last one to arrive, I shall allow you the option of choosing where to dine for the day." Pick exclaimed, extravagantly. "We won't judge your tastes."

@Cosi @Artemis

Edited by Pick

Cosi liked this man, Pick- Artemis had mentioned him to Cosi- he had a confidence and suave that most men only dreamed of. Although he is a little flowery, Cosi thought to himself. Still he shook the man’s hand firmly, “No worries mate. Besides I’m not a girl,” Cosi chuckled. He decided he’d favor the sandy blonde man so Cosi bowed to him. “I look forward to this quest together.” Cosi gave a crooked grin. Then he noticed a familiar face. “Artemis! Long time no see! How are you doing?” Cosi moved over to the short strawberry blonde girl and shakes her hand warmly. Then at Pick’s remark Cosi exclaimed, with a joy in his voice. “So we’re eating before hand? Nice! I could use a good meal. Haven’t had one in a while.” Cosi chuckled a little weakly and then waited on Artemis’ decision. This quest was going to be fun. 

@Pick @Artemis

Edited by Cosi

She blinked at Pick, raising a curious eyebrow son after. Is he alright? I'm not going to question much anymore. She shook her head and gave him a smile. "Uhm.. okay." Dinner? I would rather have cupcakes at this hour but okay. "You guys can pick, I don't know this floor too well. Plus if you ask me, I would choose a random shop that sold some kind of random fish feet," she chuckled sheepishly, scratching the back of her head. "I can really eat anything, my brothers always said I had an iron stomach.. heh."

"Good to see you again Cosi!" she grinned from ear to ear. "I've been doing fine, just trying to make my way up y'know?" She looked form Pick and Cosi, "oh yeah, if I remember correctly, I told you about Sir Pick right last time I saw you right?" She patted both of their backs, "when you guys get bored, you start talking about whatever you merchants do, kay'?"

@Pick @Cosi

Well, naturally, the time was right for dinner. It was approximately five PM.... Pick had chosen this time in order to sneak up on the bee which would be slacking off at this time of the day. There shouldn't be that many guardians around the queen at this time, since bees most likely rested early. "Well, how about ramen? We can each take a bowl and then eat on the way there if we don't want to sit in. Since Artemis doesn't care that much, and ramen is just my simple recommendation, I suppose it's ultimately up to you." Pick pushed the burden of the final decision to Cosi. "Also, I find your choice of food... very out of the norm." He couldn't find a choice of words that wouldn't offend the girl's tastes, so that was the final thing that he could come up with. He hated to rush into things, but his patience might not be matched well with the girl's excitement, and he wasn't sure what type of person Cosi was yet.

Pick was amused, however, when he heard that the blonde man was a merchant. Competition. That was the first thought that came to his mind. I'm afraid I always win though, He kept on going, switching his gaze to the blonde man, "Well, isn't that a coincidence. It's not every day when we meet someone else with the same profession. I'm sure we can exchange tips and help each other out when we are in need of things." Pick exclaimed. 

@Cosi @Artemis

"Looks like I'm tie breaker, huh? Well I happen to love ramen so that sounds great. Lead the way Pick and we can discuss this quest over a nice steaming bowl of noodles." Cosi cracked a smile. Pick was very suave and confident but he also seemed ... what was the word? Ambitious or even a little cutthroat. Cosi shrugged his shoulders which made his plate mail clank a bit. Who was he to judge this man. "Yes I'm a merchant as well but I'm mostly doing it for personal benefit I guess you would say. Making a little more Col, identifying items that I find. That sort of thing. No open business yet. But we could definitely share tips." Cosi grinned his signature rooked grin and began moving to where he guessed the restaurants were, "Well what are we waiting for. Let's go Pick. Come on Artemis. We've got a bee queen to kill."  

@Artemis @Pick

Artemis our on a grin and clapped her hands together, “great, I love ramen! It’s like... the perfect meal. You can have ramen for breakfast, lunch, or even dinner. But it gets really boring after a while...” she paused, taking Pick’s comment into thought. “Wait, what’s wrong with my diet?! Because sir, my choice of food is great, thank you very much! Plus, it’s not like I can gain any pounds in here, so I can eat as much cookies and cakes as I want!” 

She rubbed her hands together and grinned, “See? You both are already getting along!” She looked between both Pick and Cosi with a large smile. “Ah, this is going to be great.” She skipped after Cosi, “off to the ramen shop! ... wherever that is.”

”How big is this wasp? Because, I’m joe army okay around bugs but giant sized ones? I’m not to sure. Like, have you guys ever been stung by a bee? It hurts like frekin’ hell! But if you got stung by a giant wasp? Would you get a really, really, really big lump on where it stung you?” She pondered, putting questions in both of their faces left and right. 

@Cosi @Pick

Pick walked into the small shop, leading the way for the other two players and making sure to hold the door for them so he could enter last. Allowing the other two players to pick a seat, Pick would later on take a seat as well before opening the menu that had been given to them by a waitress who was waiting at the door. Knowing already what he was going to order, he was simply doing so out of habit and politeness. Closing his menu, he called out to the waitress, "Chicken bowl ramen, please." Pick requested, handing the menu to the girl with a wink before looking back at the other two players. "Well, feel free to order whatever you want. I'll pay." He remarked. At this point, this too had become a habit. Pick found it to his taste to pay for other people's meals, especially since he was wealthy in materials.

"I'm going to assume the queen bee is pretty big... it's a queen after all, but like a lot of queens in the past, it must be dethroned somehow, and that's what we're going to do," Pick smiled, completely ignoring the second part of Artemis' comment about getting stung by a bee - he hasn't seen that much in real life to be fair. "Now, our strategy should be pretty simple. Hit it. The second floor field boss should not be that strong. Let's declare roles and get to know each other's positions. To begin, I'll say that I can deal some damage, not that much, but enough to contribute to the quest."

@Cosi @Artemis

Edited by Pick

Cosi followed the sandy blonde haired gentleman to the shop. He would incline his head in thanks as Pick held open the door and then he would go find a seat. Cosi perused the menu and finally decided on a ramen bowl with pork and some other vegetables in it. He'd notify the waitress,order a water, and hand in his menu. "I'd have to agree with Pick. The bee may be big but I was planning on soloing this quest so it won't be too difficult to defeat." He paused taking a sip of his water, "As to what my role is. I'm a tank. I don't have any of those fancy skills that let me draw hate but I do have an obscene amount of armor, courtesy of Macradon the blacksmith." Cosi would tap his chest piece making a dull thud on the pristine metal, "So I'll try as best I can to draw the queen bee's aggro and soak all the damage while you two can just swing away at it." Cosi smiled and sipped his water as he waited for his ramen to arrive. 

@Artemis @Pick

Artemis bounced into her seat with a grin. "This is great, I haven't had an actual meal with people in such a long time!" She sighed, grabbing the menu and shoving her face into it. What should I order? Not something too big, I'm honestly not that hungry Oh, maybe that? It sounds kind of good. Placing the menu down, she sighed.  I feel like having a cookie right now... agh, I ran out yesterday! God darn it! Kicking her feet under the chair, she looked up at the waitress and grinned, "can I have the spicy tofu ramen, please?" The waitress nodded and Artemis handed her the menu with a genuine smile. "Thanks for paying, I'm pretty sure I'm broke at the moment," she chuckled sheepishly, scratching the back of her head nervously.

Barely touching the floor with her heels, Artemis fiddled with her fingers as she watched them talk. Why can't we just wing it? I've been doing that all the time and I'm perfectly fine!  The player looked up at both of them and shrugged. "I'm not much of a tank, but I can do... decent damage?" Her sentence came out more as a question than a statement. Whatever, we'll be fine anyways.

@Cosi @Pick

Pick nodded, "You can tank then." This much planning was barely planning in the eyes of Pick. It was quite a simple plan - to have one person attempt to get the hate while the other two players stab away at it. The difficult part, however, is the fact that the tank must keep the hate, and without having any sort of skills that allows him to do so, he isn't that effective of a tank. Either way, all the players within this party was sure to be rather low-leveled, so they were all still leveling to obtain the skills that were required for their own particular builds.

"Well, you're going to be needing to keep track of your balance better if you are pretty sure that you are broke at the moment. Don't go around spending too much Col and wasteful things," Pick advised, smiling before finishing up his bowl of ramen, "I suppose Cosi should attack first, then, and then Artemis and I, and finally the queen bee will probably attack last as long as we manage to surprise it with a surprise attack." Pick finished up the planning with the order of attacking that would be used to defeat the Queen Bee. Pick stood up, and got ready to leave, "Let's go."

@Cosi @Artemis

Cosi quickly finished off his pork and ramen, slurping down the dregs, then he got up, wiped his mouth, and started heading out the door. “Let’s do this guys. Do we know exactly where the queen spawns, or will we just have to search?” Cosi led the way out of the restaurant even though he didn’t really know where he was going. “Also I’d have to agree with Pick, Artemis. You have got to keep track of your Col,” then Cosi turned to Pick and nodded at the man’s statement, “I’ll do my best to draw the aggro so you guys can just swing away at it. This fight shouldn’t be too difficult at all.” Cosi grinned lopsidedly as he shifted his gauntlets and looked through his inventory to see what was in his battle ready slots. The fight may be easy but I still don’t want to go in unprepared. I can’t get cocky, especially when other’s lives are at stake. 

@Artemis @Pick

Edited by Cosi
  • 2 weeks later...

Artemis nodded her head as she nibbles on a piece of tofu. Swallowing the food, she rolled her eyes and sighed, “yes mom and dad,” she eyes both of them with a frown. “Thank you very much, but if I go broke it’ll be my own fault. I am a strong independent woman!” She exclaimed, “and I don’t need two giant people telling me how to spend my money on,” she waved them off with a sheepish look on her face and went back to eating her ramen. 

She was about halfway done with her bowl when both of them inhaled all of their food suddenly. “Jesus Christ, men are a mystery,” she muttered under her breath as she pushed her bowl away. “Okay, I’m not that hungry anymore. Let’s go my precious children!” Artemis jumped out of her chair with a grin and dashed to the door like a child.

@Cosi @Pick

"Well, it shouldn't be that hard for us to spot a giant queen bee flying around. It's a field boss that we have to kill, and from what I remember, they were pretty easy to find, since they respawn in the same place. I have a pretty good idea of where it is," Pick explained, smiling at the blonde man - a fake smile of course, since he was not yet friends with the man, and from what Pick could tell, this man would just end up being competition to him. Naturally, Pick would dislike the man, not that he would show it, however, since his poker face is such a brilliant characteristic of his. Pick nodded, "I should be able to deal some damage with the weapon that I have. I hope that you can effectively prevent damage to the both of us, since we definitely won't have as much mitigation as you," Pick finished, directing his attention to the blonde woman who had called him dad. Pick had assumed that the mom was referring to Cosi (Big hehe...)

"Well as a parent," Pick coughed, making his voice deeper in order to sound more like a dad. "one has to worry constantly about their children, to make sure that they do not do anything stupid. Men are a mystery, huh? I think you are far too young to be saying that," Pick whistled, putting his hands into his dress pants pocket before following the blonde girl to the exit. Looking behind him, he signaled to Cosi with a small wave, "Well, come on. Allow us to get the show on the road."

@Cosi @Artemis

Cosi briskly walked out of the ramen shop, excited to be on the move and off to go fight a mini boss. He ahrdly reacted at the conversation between Pick and Artemis. Cosi just smiled slightly and took point. "Let's go everybody. We had plenty of time to chat. Now its time to go hunting." Cosi hardly waits for the other two to catch up. He simply strides forward with purpose, and begins stretching out his tight muscles. He rolls out his shoulders and neck. Stretches his arms and even does so calf raises adn high knees to get the blood flowing into his legs. Though its all virtual so in reality its just his brain being sent stimuli from the NerveGear. Cosi shrugs and keeps moving. He doesn't care if everything is fake. The game is still very lifelike so He'll treat it like life. "Hurry it up you two. This boss isn't going to kill itself!" Cosi shouts back to his companions. 

@Artemis