[ PP - F04 ] Pets? <<Feeding The Enemy>>

Artemis sneezed as she made her way through the snow covered town. "It's so pretty, but it's so cold!" She sighed, "why are the prettiest things to most dangerous?" The short player mumbled, rubbing her arms with her hands. "This totally sucks balls, where's that quest giver? I heard she was here somewhere.." she trailed off, spotting a short figure next to a small cafe. Is that her? I mean, it looks like an old lady. Unless it's a child.. Even I'm taller than it! Sneezing one last time, she made her way over to the figure. "Uhm.. hi there-"

She was cut off by the old lady. The NPC blabbled about a few things before giving her a pouch and the quest. Well this escalated quickly. She thought as the old lady rambled on some more before saying her goodbyes and walking off. Well! That was that I suppose.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to brush off the cold, she made her way to the entrance of town. Out there is probably a few monsters, but the scariest thing.. cold. It's going to be very, very cold out there. She shuddered, But I bet the creatures here are going to be super neat. That's for sure! She smiled at the thought. Well here goes nothing! She stepped forward, feeling the crunch of the snow beneath her boots. She looked up at the endless winter forest. Oy vey, this is going to be a long day. She stifled a groan, keeping her body moving forward.

Can you die of hypothermia here? Can you even die of natural causes?! I need answers Kayaba! She huffed, groaning as a harsh breeze hit the side of her face. I feel like I'm going to get wind-burn. I always hated that. I would stand on top of a building in the middle of winter, the bam! God almighty throws wind in my face and gives me wind burn.

Fidgetting with her fingers to keep her warm, she sighed, wanting this quest to be over with already. I’ll have a nice good Familiar, and I’ll be super, super nice to him.. or her! She placed her hands on her cheeks and sighed dreamily. I hope this familair will like me. Whatever or whoever it is, I bet it’ll be awesome! She giggled, not caring about how she literally might die of frost bite. 

I just really hope that.. this familair will like me. This is going to be my first time owning some kind of.. pet. Mother and father never let me have one because of apartment rules. But I’m pretty sure Kai and Kuroko smuggled a dog into our apartment once... she chuckled, remembering the times when her brothers snuck a dog into their home and hid it for a day before they got caught by her parents.

I wonder what my family will look like? She thought for a moment. What animals would I even find in here? She sighed, thinking of a variety of animals that lived in snow covered forests. Owls.. there wolves too, she shuddered at the thought. There's types of bunnies that live in snow. Birds.. there's hawks that live in these areas right? Agh, I don't know! She pulled on her hair with a growl. Why can't school teach me this?! Instead of.. algebra or something! She huffed, crossing her arms. No! Think positive, hopefully.. by the end of the day, I'll have myself a familiar! She nodded her head and sighed hot air. It's still cold though, no matter! I'm not going to die of this... right?! I should've brought a c-coat.. this is not going to be good. C'mon Artemis, stop whining like a baby! You can do this! Can I really though?

She puffed her cheeks and her eyes glittered with confidence, yes! I can do it! No doubt about it, I will finish this quest. She trudged forward, wincing every time a large breeze rolled past her. What kind of monster decides to make a floor this col? Darn you Kayaba! She cracked her knuckles and stretched her arms. I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready! She jogged forward, sighing as she finally got something done for once. Should I pull out my sword..? She mumbled a few yes's and a few no's. I mean, anything can pop out at anytime and I wouldn't even know it. I guess I should then. She opened her menu and pulled out her starting rapier. It's not the best but I can make do with it. She nodded her head and sheathed it. It'll be there just in case.. just in case anything pops out. Phew.

Rubbing her hands together, Artemis gave a low groan. Why is it so hard to find animals? I mean, I get that when you're in the big city but when you're in the wilderness.. there should be a bunch! It's not even snowing anymore but there's not even the slightest sound of animals. Heck, even I saw more animals in the city! She screamed in her head, her brows furrowing in confusion. What kind of messed up system is this?! She threw her head back and sighed. "What am I going to do now..?" She mumbled, rubbing her eyes with her arm. 

Picking up a handful of snow, she balled it up into a snowball. Heh, is this what a snowball feels like? It would be nice to have a snowball fight right now... those always looked so fun in the movies. I wouldn't have any space to have a snowball fight in Fukuoka, neither would we have snow like this.

I mean, yeah. It did snow sometimes. But never like this!  She gaped at the snow-covered pine trees,  we would barely get a centimeter of snow, but this is just wonderful! Maybe if I was better prepared, then I would've enjoyed this quest more. The short player sighed and balled her hands into fists. Home never really felt like home, but I sure miss it right now. Her eyes pricked with a bit of sadness. Sniffing, she shook her head. No! No time to cry about this nonsense! I have to be strong so I can get home... I want to see Mom and Dad again, I even want to see Kai and Kuroko again. She stifled a laugh. Smiling to herself, she looked up. Some evergreen trees were in the way, but she could still see the cloudy puffs up in the air. " Hear that Kayaba?! I'm going to beat your game!"

A low rustling made Artemis's ears perk. "Eek!" she jumped up, pulling out her rapier out of instinct. Holy mother of fudge nuggets, what was that? She glanced around, trying to find where the rustling was from.  Okay, no. It's getting dark and I'll definitely finish this quest tomorrow! I'm not giving up, no! Just taking a small break, that's it. Nothing else! Without a second thought, she sped back, avoiding anything she deemed dangerous. 

Finally making her way back to tow, she breathed in and out, trying to capture the breath she lost while running.  I'll rent an inn tonight and I'll go back tomorrow. I just hope it'll be better in the morning. Did I give up? No! This technically isn't giving up, I'm just aking a small break... yeah! I'm not giving up, I need to be out at a better time and to have full energy because I'm am abnormally tired right now and I can't go on any longer.

Artemis made her way into the town's cafe, a warm feeling spreading into her as she stepped inside. That feels so much better. She sighed in relief as she slid down her cloak.  The darn thing barely kept me warm at all.  She huffed, signaling for the waiter to come to her table. Ordering a small iced tea, she leaned back in her chair and found herself lost in thought. So far, this quest hasn’t been what I expected. Artemis frowned at the thought but shook it off. No worries, there’ll always be better chances later. I just need to relax before I set off again, I’m tired and that’s all!

Eventually she got bored and started braiding a few strands of her hair together. What familiar would be nice to have? Or especially what type of familiar specifically? Maybe a healing one? Those are handy and I don’t want to die in battle too soon. She bit her lip and sighed. Why is this so tough?!

Edited by Artemis

A few minutes of fidgetting with just about everything, her tea finally came in. Giving the waiter a quick smile and ‘thank you’, she resumed to being lost in thought. If I wanted a good Familiar, I think a cat would be the best for me. She felt giddy at the thought. Cats are just so cute.. and fluffy.. she sighed dreamily, I remembering going to Ayano’s house once and she had a cute little black cat! Ugh! When I asked mom and dad if we could get on and they said no, I was so pissed! But I guess I didn’t understand why our landlords didn’t allow the best things on earth in our apartment. She sighed, taking a sip out of her tea.

But I guess I understand now though. I used to pass so many strays on the streets too thought. Mom and dad said they were dangerous to touch but I did it anyways. She chuckled sweetly at memory. I miss everyone so much.

As her hand gripping around the cup, she blinked. Positivity! There were so many strays on the streets.. she sighed in defeat. How could I not touch them?! I remembering giving one food once. I swear that cat was so happy, I could practically see it in his or her eyes! She smiled at the bittersweet moment. I wonder how everyone is doing back home. Are Kai and Kuroko sad? How’s my little plushie doing? She laughed to herself, if only they could see me now.

Relaxing at a cafe, drinking virtual iced tea. Isn’t that something? She giggled at the thought, wanting to just.. just reach out to them and tell them that she was okay. I am okay.. right? I’m not sad, but I’m not happy either. Gah, that sounds like something out of a book or a movie. When did I get so cliche? She grinned to herself.

I’m never this emotional. Heh.. it must be the game getting to me. But no! I refuse to cry about something that can be fixed! I will get out of here. And when I do.. I’ll give my family the biggest and baddest hug ever! Wait.. how can a hug be bad? She formed an ‘o’ with her mouth, realization coming in. Unless it was those crushing bear hugs dad, Kai, and Kuroko would give me! Oh, no. Those sucked! I could barely breath half of the time when they did it!

They.. they would just grab me and I swear I can feel my spine breaking! She was laughing at this moment, feeling tears prick in her eyes. The would just grab me and left me like that for a decent ten minutes.. Several pairs of eyes were on her, but at that point, she didn’t care anymore. I’ll give them a bear hug myself when I get home!

That’s right Kayaba! I’m going to get home whether you like it or not! Nothing can stop me from getting home! Hah! She placed her cup down and clutches her stomach. I can’t breath.. too much laughing. She was sort of laughing and wheezing at the same time, her giggle fits being heard throughout the cafe. I bet they all thing I’m crazy.. hehe.. well I am, good sir and women! Crazier than you all think!

It was several minutes until her laughter died down, a few people even left because they were simply too uncomfortable. Screw them, if they don’t like laughs, they don’t deserve to be in this cafe. She stifled another laughing fit, trying to act more calm and collected. Don’t worry, this will all be over soon. And talking about soon, I need to find an inn soon. I don’t want to sleep on a bench in his weather!

Edited by Artemis

Finding herself relatively thirsty again, she opened her inventory and scrolled through its contents. I guess a coffee should be enough to keep me awake right? She pushed her empty iced tea cup away and gulped down the coffee, feeling abnormally energetic and hyper.  That hit the spot... I should get more of that later. Definitely. She sighed, fidgetting with her old straw. What should I do.. should I message someone?  She opened her menu again and looked through her friend's list.  They're all online.. wait, duh! Of course, they are! She facepalmed herself and sighed.

I'm so dumb, I thought some of them could be offline.. wait, that can happen, right? If we... die, we can go offline right? God, I don't even know anymore, this is all so confusing. I don't know what I'm doing or what I'm supposed to do! What do I do? They don't teach you this in school, do they?!

- Consumed 1 Loot Die Latte

Edited by Artemis

Sighing to herself, Artemis pressed the side of her head against the table. I think it's time for me to go to sleep soon. The player yawed, rubbing her heavy eyelids.  I'll have better luck tomorrow or something.. she sighed, standing up and putting her cloak on with a mumbled 'I'm too tired to walk'. After thanking the waiter, she made her way into the bitter cold once again. Where's the inn again? I swear I saw one around here before I went inside the cafe... 

She looked around, smiling softly as she saw the inn she was looking for. Entering the building with a shudder, she went to the receptionist and asked for a room, who gave her one son after. I'm glad I don't have to do for the rest of the day. She sighed happily, collapsing on her bed once she got to the room. It'll be tomorrow soon.

ID : 104876

LD : 12 + 3 + 3 = 18, Fail

Edited by Artemis

Flashback, lel

"Kai, Kuroko!" A young strawberry blonde girl stood wide-eyed at the sight in front of her. "What are you all doing?! You know mom and dad said we can't have pets here!" She warned her elder brothers, watching something in Kai's schoolbag shift around. "What is even in there?" She asked, curiosity overwhelming her.  "If mom and dad find out, you guys are going to be so dead. You know that right?!"

Her oldest brother, Kai, snorted and shook his head, "chill out Mai, it's a stray. It's pretty wounded too, we're just going to take care of it for a few days alright?" He gave her a pointed look and set his bag down and gave a sigh of relief when a small snout poked out of it. "It's a small dog anyways, look at it! Mom and dad won't figure out anything. They're not home that much anyway."

Kuroko, the second to eldest brother grinned at her and ruffled her hair. "Don't worry alright? It'll just be a few days, then we'll give him to the nearest shelter okay?" Once Amai gave a solemn nod, she peered behind her brother and looked at the bag. Wanting to see the dog, she looked up at her elder brothers. They gave each other looks that said 'oh crud'.

"Can I see it?" She begged, "pretty please! You guys know that I love animals, and you know keeping one from me is a crime!" She pouted, looking up at them with her best puppy dog eyes. Kai looked at her skeptically but gave in to a sigh of defeat when Kuroko elbowed him with a shrug. Motioning for her to come quickly and quietly, she happily obliged and bounced over to the bag with a grin that stretched from ear to ear.

Kai gave her one last look that meant, 'are you sure about this?' to she happily replied with a frantic nod. Sighing once more, her brother carefully opened the bag and pulled out something small and brown. Amai practically started to scream in delight but got cut off when Kuroko slapped a hand over her mouth and shushed her. Nodding one last time, she pried his hand off of her mouth and scooted closer to the puppy, who was sitting firmly and staring up at the siblings. 

She clapped her hands softly and grinned at her brothers, who gave a small smile back at her. "You're going to have to be quiet okay? We're going to have to keep him in our room until he's healthy and everything." Kuroko explained, rubbing the puppy's head warmly. He gestured for his sister to touch the dog, where she hesitantly shook her head. Chuckling to himself, she gently to her hand and placed it on the dogs head.

"He's so soft..."

Kai and Kuroko gave identical grins to her reaction. Amai looked up at them and raised an eyebrow. "Do you guys have dog food? What if it has to go to the bathroom? Or what if he has to walk around-" Kai cut her off with a nod.

"Yes, yes. We went to the pet store and buy some food, and training pads for him." He motioned to Kuroko who was holding up his bag, which held a bag of dog food, a small dog bed, and a bag of training pads. "See? We're all prepared. Now we just have to see if this little guy is a barker." Kai said nervously, picking the dog up along with his bag. "C'mon, let's bring him to our room."

Amai nodded and followed after them into their shared room. Kuroko sighed, falling back onto his twin bed that sat in the right corner of the room. "I still don't know why you have your own room," he grumbled, rolling over so that his face was in the pillow.

The sister huffed and put her hands on her hips. "Mom and dad said because I'll be a young woman soon and that they don't want their 'sweet little strawberry' to be tainted by 'Satan's sons'," she snickered, earning pointed looks from her brothers.

Kai shrugged with a grin, "got to hand it to them, they aren't far off from there." He said, earning a snicker from his brother. "But 'sweet little strawberry'? Seriously?" This made Kuroko laugh even harder, clutching his stomach all while wheezing. 

"S-stop! I can't... I can't.. take it anymore!" Amai giggled at his behavior but turned her attention to the dog, who looked scarred for life just looking at Kuroko laughing his pants off.

"Should we give it a bath? It looks kind of yucky," she crouched near the dog and examined it's multiple dust and dirt stains. "You guys bought dog shampoo too right?"