[PP|F8] The fire within<<Feeding the Enemy>>(Artemis)

Prometheus sees a gypsy approaching. "Oh crap, it's a person." He turns to run, but notices there's no crowds to disappear into. Sh*t, I'm gonna have to talk to her. He looks around for anywhere to hide. I need a haystack or a pile of clothes. He turns and sighs, walking over to the woman. "Alright, what do you want?" He asks, callously. The woman explains that on this floor a monster like a phoenix can be tamed. "Wait wait wait... I could have a pet bird? That'd be sick. How do I do it?" He runs forward, "Thank you ma'am. I'll find a way to repay you one day." And so he was off.

Prometheus runs through the volcanic wasteland and over various rocks. He keeps running and sees a mountain with a pile of rocks in the shape of a bowl on a ledge. That's gotta be it. I can totally get a pet bird. He draws his sword and slides down the hill, using his sword to slow his descent to a manageable speed. He reaches the bottom and sheathes his sword. I know one day I'll rule this floor. He looks at a river of lava. Oh yeah, this one's mine.

@Artemis

Edited by Prometheus

Resting her head against a side of the building, Artemis gave a laugh cough. I’m bored. What can I do.. she opened up her friends list, only to see Prometheus strolling through the volcanic waste land on her map. What is he doing.. can’t hurt to message him thought. She quickly typed up a message and sent it to him.

Spoiler

To : @Prometheus

Hey! How’s it going? I see you’re in floor 8, how have you not melted yet? I’m only in the town and it’s still hot. Well, message me back and tell me what you’re doing! 

She just then realized how hot she was, it would be good to have some ice cream right now. She frowned a bit at the thought but shook her head. Heat is good! It’ll help me fight in battles that are really hot..! Yeah! I have to get used to this.. She wiped her forehead clear of sweat and sighed, I need a hair tie. Where are hair ties when you need them?! Sometimes they just show up out of nowhere when you don’t need them!

Prometheus is moving back to get a running start to jump over the lava river. He bolts forward and gets ready to jump when he gets the notification. Instead of jumping he drops his weight to avoid dying. He rolls a few feet and slams his feet on some rocks a few inches short of the river of lava. This better be a very good notification. He angrily opens the message and smiles involuntarily. Hey, it's Artemis. She wants to know what I'm doing? Fine, I'll message her and see what's up. He scrolls down to Artemis's name on the list. (It's only Artemis)

Spoiler

To: @Artemis

On my way back to town, wanna meet up?

He turns and runs back towards town. I hope she doesn't want chocolate. It'll melt before she could eat it. Heck, she'd melt. He runs even faster, pushing himself to the limit. This lie has to be believable. He jumps over a gap between two rocks and lands, rolling. He jumps up and sees in the distance a small town. He runs through the gate and sees the girl. "Hey Bubbles. You know, this floor is a bit too hot for chocolate." He walks up to the girls and smiles at her. "It's been a while hasn't it."  He says, not sweating at all.

She looked up form her menu to already see the almighty giant himself. “You’re unbelievable,” She gaped, walking around him. “You’re wearing full body metal armor, in this heat?!” She screeched, pulling on her hair. “I can barely manage with no armor at all! How do you do this?!” She looked up at him and squinted. “I wanna know your secret!”

Pulling away a strand of hair out of her face, she looked at him, “do you have any hair ties by any chance? Probably not,” she chuckled, wiping the back of her sweaty neck. I feel like I’m burning alive! Why was this floor designed to bake people alive?! “You must have a lot of heat tolerance, you weird bologna child,” she muttered the last part to herself with a sigh. “I could literally cook eggs in this heat!” She whined, grabbing his arm and shaking it like a lunatic, “tell me your secretttt!”

@Prometheus

"Growing up I played with a lot of fire. It killed my sense of temperature." He explained. "You get bored growing up on the streets of Kyoto." He motions onward. She usually says something before adventures, what is it? He rakes through his mind. Whatever, should I take her to my river? Maybe, she can't stand this heat, and this is nothing. He crouches down. I could give her a piggy back ride, it would keep her rested, and if I move fast enough, She might actually cool down. Maybe if I go through the lower parts of this floor, she'll be fine, but if I carry her, I can keep her safe. He looks at her, "You gonna hop on or am I gonna keep looking like an idiot." He faces forward and waits. "Look, I know this map better than anyone and you need to conserve your energy. A piggy back ride would be the safest bet." He motions his head. "Like you said last time, Off to the great beyond, and further." He chuckles.

@Artemis

Edited by Prometheus

“Oh, you lived in Kyoto?” She asked excitedly, choosing to ignore the part before that. “I lived in Japan too!” She clapped her hands together. “Going to Kyoto would be so nice.. I bet it’s nothing like the big city of Fukuoka, huh?” She but her lip, “Kyoto wasn’t that far away from Fukuoka I think.. bah, I always sucked at geography,” she sighed, pouting at her lack of knowledge.

“I haven’t had a piggie back ride in forever..” she sighed, going back to the times when her brothers would wreak havoc in the city with her on their backs. She climbed onto his back and mumbled things ranging from ‘why am I an ant’ to ‘what do you eat when growing up?’. “Hey, that’s my line!” She puffed out her cheeks, “it sounds better when I say it.” She inhaled sharply and pointed forward. “Off to the beyond.. and further!”

@Prometheus

Edited by Artemis

Prometheus stands up and takes one or two steps to see how much more difficult it would be. I won't be able to jump my river unless I get her over it first. I'll worry about it when I get there. "You ready? Cause I'm not holding back." He goes from standing still to running as fast as he can in a matter of a few seconds. He runs through the gates and jumps to another rock right outside the town. "It's gonna be a rough ride. You should hold a bit tighter." He sees a rock and stops. He takes a few steps back and judges the size of the rock. It's a good four meters tall. I can do this. He turns and runs another direction. "I don't know this way Bubbles, so let's explore."

He reaches the mountain he was on when Artemis messaged him before. He looks down and sees the river. "Hold on. This could be dangerous." He jumps forward, drawing his sword as quickly as he can and stabbing it into the ground, sliding down the hill. He was going faster than expected, but not so fast he couldn't handle it. "I've always wanted to leave Kyoto. I can't though." He says, reaching the bottom. "What do you plan to do when you get out?"

@Artemis

"Of course I am! The almighty Artemis is ready for anything! Now forward my noble steed!" she pointed forward once again and giggled. She yelped softly as he sped forward, "I don't want to die young, chill out!" She said with a loud laugh, hard to chill in this type of weather I suppose. Clutching her hands tighter around his shoulder, she nodded her head. "O-okay.." She looked up at the rock with a sigh, "you sure? I mean, we don't know whats out there or how strong they are."

"Oh dear," she peered over his shoulder with wide eyes, "maybe we should-" she let out a screech as he leaped forward. Squeezing her eyes shut, she breathed in and out.  think good things! Good things... life if I survive this, I'll go out for cake. That's'if' I survive you dimwit! I do not want to die in the fiery pits of Hell! She opened one eye and peered around, giving a sigh of relief once she realized there were safe. "O-oh?" She stuttered out, gaining back her confidence especially after it almost went down the drain. "Why can't you leave?" She asked him, her brows furrowing. "Well.. a lot of rehabs," she joked. "But... I think I could try to find you in the real world! Do some traveling! See the real world!"

@Prometheus

"I have no plans for when I get out." He sets down Artemis and sits, a few meters from the lava river. "I mean, you could find me, you have seen my face. You're the only one in this world and the real one." He says, shrugging. Everyone else who has seen my face has since died. He looks at the girl, "How about after this quest I take you to get something to eat. You're choice, my treat." He smiles, taking off his helmet. I need a breather, She's tiny but carrying her and me like that, it's tiring. A bead of sweat rolls down his face and he wipes it away. "I guess this lava is really hot."

Prometheus stands up and looks around, at the tops of the surrounding mountains. Noticing the rock bowl from earlier he smiles at the girl and points at it. "That's where we're going. It's a phoenix nest." He laughs, crouching down. "Hop on, we have to cross this river." He grins, having figured out a way to get them both over the river unharmed.

@Artemis

"Oh really? Why?" she mumbled, finally relieved to be touching the solid ground once again. "Mhm! I'll just look for a shady tall guy in Kyoto!" She grinned innocently and gave him a thumbs up "if I set a fire, will you notice? It's like my little way of summoning you!" she tapped her fingers and cackled 'evilly'. Her eyes brightening, she nodded eagerly, "yes please, we are definitely going for ice cream! I don't care if I have to get to the hundredth floor to get it, we are getting ice cream!" She told him with determination. She glanced at the lava river and gulped, "eheh.. yeah, I bet it is."

"A phoenix nest? As in.... the flaming bird, that Phoenix?!" She squealed with excitement. "Oh my god, I've seen pictures of them on the internet and they look so cool!" Artemis sighed dreamily before coming back to reality. "W-wait, crossing it? Uhm, how exactly are we going to do that?"

@Prometheus

Prometheus stands up and smiles. "Hold on, I'm gonna have to throw you across." He runs back about twenty meters and turns around. "If I miss, I'll catch you, don't worry about me." He looks around for the skinniest part of the river and runs towards it. He pushes himself over his physical limit, spins around, Grabbing Artemis's arm and throwing her across. He sighs as she lands safely on the other side, but barely. He runs backwards and turns quickly. "I can do this. All I have to do is jump 1.5 meters." He looks closely. He closes his eyes and opens them, running forward and reaching the edge of the river. As his foot is less than 3 centimeters away from the lava he pushes himself over the lava. "Artemis, don't watch." He says, hoping he would make it over.

He lands, one foot before the other. All of the sudden he feels a warm feeling on his back leg. Then it starts to hurt. He looks down and his leg is in the lava. "Ah, Sh*t!" He says, lunging forward and falling on top of Artemis. He quickly rolls away from her. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to fall on you. That was 100% my fault." He says, catching his breath.

@Artemis

"H-huh? w-wait! No, no. That's a terrible idea!" She cried, holding his shoulders even tighter. "There can be another way around here!" She reasoned, her eyes wide. "Wait, stop!" she blinked, once? Twice? Maybe not at all, because the only thing she could make out was her screaming mid-air and thinking that she should've made a will sooner. she opened her eyes again to see she was perfectly safe on the other side. Looking back at Prometheus, she yelped as soon as she saw the lava. Backing away slowly, she looked up again to see her friend's leg in the water.  Holy mother of living cupcakes, what do I do? half of my friend's leg is in the lava. What do I do?! She simply sat there, frozen. Realizing that his foot was still in the lava, she started to scream. Holy.. oh my gosh, what do I do?!

Her screams got cut off when he landed on her. She gave an unsatisfied 'oumph' before opening her eyes again, this time, only one of her cherry red eyes were open. She glanced at his face before looking back at his leg. "Oh my [beep!]-ing god! Your leg is [beep!]-ing eas just in the [beep!]-ing lava!" I feel like I'm going to pass out.

@Prometheus

Prometheus turns to Artemis and laughs. “I’m so happy I’m alive!” He shouts, throwing his hands up. He looks over at her smiling, “Would a hug be inappropriate in this situation? I’ve never hugged anyone before.” He asks, trying not to be too emotional. He crawls over to Artemis and laughs. He hugs her from the side. He tries to stand up but winces and grabs his ankle, falling to the ground. “Mother of F*ck, that hurts.” He laughs while on the ground. “I haven’t felt this much pain since I played with fire for the first time.” He lays there, still grabbing his ankle.

He rolls into his chest and starts dragging himself towards the hill. “I have to get that bird. It would just burn me up if I couldn’t get it.” He chuckles. He pulls himself up a rock so he sits up. “That ice cream better be worth it. Still, I’m glad you’re not hurt. I didn’t want to fight the lava.”

@Artemis

Artemis blinked, unsure how to feel about the situation. I think I’ve been emotionally scarred for life. She shuddered, trying to be positive. I guess I’ll learn from this sooner or later. “Eheh.. I-I’m so happy too..” She smiled at him and returned the side hug. “You should rest for a bit, it’s not like that Phoenix nest is going anywhere anyways,” she giggled.

Trying not to snicker at him, she coughed a few times before shaking her head. “No, no, no! You should rest a bit. You don’t want to overwork yourself especially here.” Artemis glanced around, deeming it as a literal ‘living hell’. “Please, a little bit of lava couldn’t hit me,” she chuckled.

”Just take a breath okay?” She gave him a tight smile and sat down. It’s still as hot as an oven here though. She yawned and wiped a few drops of sweat away from her forehead. I need a frekin’ hair tie!

@Prometheus

Prometheus drags himself up and stands. "Ow. This leg." He punches his leg. "Sorry, I'll take a break." He sits down and smiles. I don't do a lot of this. He looks over and in the distance sees a big phoenix approaching. He dives, tackling Artemis and hiding behind a rock. "Stay here, I've got some where to be." He jumps over the rock and runs, limping really, over to the cliff under the Phoenix's nest. He grabs a rock and begins to pull himself up. After about five meters he puts his foot on the wall and shouts. He drops his weight and dangles for a second. "This wall will not stop the eternal flame." He pulls himself up, pushing up with his other leg.

He gets to the ledge with the nest on it and starts to pull himself up. He struggles and makes it over the edge. Still hiding he looks over the side and sees a baby Phoenix. "Frick yeah. I can do this." He reaches in and tries to give it food. The mother lands and sees him trying to tame the Phoenixlet and it squawks. "Well sh*t." The phoenix stands tall and pushes the wind towards Prometheus and it throws him back. He slides across the ground and rolls over it. The man throws his arm out, grabbing the first rock he can reach. He lets out a loud shout of rage.

The player drops down from the rock and screams. Limping over to the spot where he left the other player, he winces every step and sits down. "I'm sorry. Looks like we'll have to sit here for a short while and talk." He laughs, acting like nothing just happened. "I hate being so hurt. I'm not weak. I wonder though." He draws his sword. "I have an oath to keep." He says, stabbing it into the ground.

ID: 104935

LD: 4 (Fail)

@Artemis

Edited by Prometheus

"Wait a minute, it's not safe!" she told him, but he was already leaving. What's he going to do now? Artemis peered over the rock, watching him pull himself up the cliff. "He's going to get himself killed," she muttered, watching him approach the nest. "Oh my god, oh my god. what do I do? What can I do? Oh my god!" she screamed to herself as she watched him hang from the rock. "Holy mother of living cupcakes, he better not die or anything!" She let out a shriek as he fell down, what is even happening right now? My brain feels so fuzzy now! She watched him limp over to with wide eyes and groaned, "oh my god, are you okay?"

She looked at him and peered over the rock again. That was the scariest crap I've ever seen.  She sighed and turned back to him, "I thought you were going to die!" She screeched, shaking him by the shoulders. "Don't scare me like that again you dimwit!"

@Prometheus

"Bubbles, don't worry about me. I'll keep my promise. Here, I'll make a new one. So long as I am on your friends list, I promise to buy you Ice cream in the real world when we clear the game." He smiles at her, equipping his helmet once more. I can't keep risking my life for this. I have to do this perfectly. He chuckles, "I'm not gonna die anytime soon, I promise." He leans back against the rock and yawns. "I could get used to this." He says, dropping his head and shoulders. It's getting late and we're not even close to the safe zone. He stands up and limps around for a bit. "Don't worry kiddo, just checking to see if I can walk on it." He says, making his way back over to the rock and sitting once more. "You should get some sleep, it's late and that's unhealthy for a kid your age. I'll keep lookout." He says, smiling under his helmet. "You can't see but I'm smiling. I haven't had this much fun in a long time." He laughs. I'm glad someone was here to share this memory, and not just anyone. A friend.

@Artemis

Artemis pouted. “But.. what if you...” she trailed off, sighing in defeat. “Okay. Whatever you say Mr. President,” she smiled at him and gave it a fake salute. Leaning her head back on the rock and fiddled with her hair. “Don’t make promises you can’t keep,” she mumbled, looping a finger around her curls. 

Watching him stand up, she gave him a small smile and shrugged. “You say that, but I’m waiting for you to magically trip into the lava river,” she giggled, wrapping her hands around her legs. “Try not to push yourself much though,” she muttered quietly, “you should be worrying about yourself more than me.” Her eyes twitched as she took his sentence into further thought. “Wait a bloody minute! I’m not that young! I am a full fledged eighteen year old young women!”

After her rant, she grinned at him. “Glad to be the one who experienced it with you then.”

@Prometheus

"You're really cool. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise." He says, slouching down to get comfortable. "You're only 18? I was older than you when I started this game." He says, surprised at the notion. "Wait, you were only 16 when this death game started? You must've been pretty messed up. No, actually, you're to awesome for that." He smiles, taking off his helmet to get more comfortable. "Hey, I've noticed the skills in this game are pretty numerous, What job should I get?" He asks, trying to keep himself awake. He feels the sweat on his face had multiplied. "That lava messed me up worse than I thought. I need to stay awake though. I might miss my next chance to get the Phoenix if I fall asleep." He says to himself, but loud enough for Artemis to hear by accident. His eyes begin to feel heavy as his breathing slows down and he starts to fall asleep. He lays on his side and sprawls himself out, falling asleep.

@Artemis

“Only eighteen? Did you think I was some sort of grandma or something?!” She pouted, her cheeks puffing out. “I guess so, I always knew there was something fishy about virtual reality,” she mumbled, narrowing her arms at the ground. “I don’t know, what do like to do?” She scratched her chin, “there’s a cook, a performer, a blacksmith, tailor, merchant, and an artisan. Oh yeah, there’s also the alchemist. So, I guess choose the one you like the most.” She shrugged, “but then again, you don’t have to choose a profession.”

Artemis peered over the rock again and sighed, “nah, I think you got the bird on edge. You should sleep before it takes off again. I think it knows it’s babies aren’t safe around you,” the player giggled. Pulling her legs closer to her, she chuckled as he drifted off to sleep. “Yup... he’s out cold. Guess I should keep watch or whatever.”

@Prometheus