[PP|F8] The fire within<<Feeding the Enemy>>(Artemis)

Prometheus shakes and then jolts himself awake. "Ahh! Is it over?" He asks, looking towards the girl by her rock. He tries to scoot closer but his leg hurts too badly. No way will I be able to do anything on this bum leg. He notices his helmet is off and hurries up and equips it, looking around all the while. The armored player looks up and sees a bright fire, standing on the edge of it's nest. "Oh yeah, that. Well Artemis, wanna see it up close?" He walks over to her and extends his hand to help her up. "Come on, adventure awaits." He says, hiding the immense pain he's experiencing mid sentence.

Prometheus had started off, making his way up and adjacent mountain. If I find another trail, I won't have to risk dying again. Or I could do it the old fashioned way. "Artemis, we're going to the nest, I'm taking the direct approach." He says to the girl. "Also, stay behind me when we get there."

@Artemis

Artemis yelped as her friend woke up with a loud shout and jolt. "Jesus Christ! You scared the crap out of me!" She breathed out, trying to get her pulse to settle down.  I 'm so jumpy these days! Yeesh, this game is getting to me! "Hell yeah, I want to see it!" She grinned in excitement, forgetting about the dangers of the floor and it's inhabitants. She grabbed his hand and pulled herself up, "this is going to be so cool! It's literally a big, giant, fiery.. bird!" She exclaimed, stars appearing in her eyes. "I didn't see the baby ones... but I sure as hell want to now! They must be so adorable~" She gushed, thinking of an adorable baby phoenix.

"Aye, aye sir!" She gave him another artificial salute and smiled, "yeah, I'll be right behind you." She said, following after him with a skip in her step.

@Prometheus

Prometheus makes his way up to the Phoenix's nest, helping Artemis along the way. They slowly approach the nest until it's right on the other side of a rock. He pulls the strawberry blonde down, hiding from the Monstrous bird on the other side of them. "I feel like the mama bird is a little feverish. She feels a bit warm." He chuckles and looks up over the rock. "Shhhh, watch this." Vaulting over the rock and trying his best to move quietly in his loud armor, he gets to about five meters away and shouts, "Hey! Big Bird! You're getting a bit lazy." The Phoenix turns to him and almost instantly sends a gust of wind at him, launching him over the rock. The player lands on his side and laughs. "Anymore of that and I'm dead." He stands up and begins walking back over to the bird and a few seconds later gets launched back over and over again.

"Alright, so that's not working. But I will get this baby phoenix." The man says, removing his helmet. His stern gaze lands on the Phoenix's blind spot and he starts to climb up the wall next to him. "You stay there and watch. I'll be back soon." Jumping down into the nest, the noise of his boots hitting the ground echoes through the map. "Son of a..." He says, when mama bird grabs him with her foot and throws him back over to the rock, behind which Artemis was hiding. "I'm getting closer." He wheezes.

@Artemis

• 2 weeks later...

“Wait, I don’t think that’s such a good idea...” she trailed off as he walked away without letting her finish. Oh boy, he better not get himself killed. She peeled over her shoulder to see him fall back along with a strong gust of win. Artemis gave a small yelp and another... another as he kept getting launched backwards. What is he thinking?

”Uh, Prometheus. I don’t think you’re doing this the right way,” she coughed, watching him walk off again. He’s actually going to get himself killed if he keeps this up. Good lord, what is going through his head? She gulped as she watched him appear in the nest. Watching him get swept back again, she sighed. “Just stop already, just wait for the bird to leave before you get in okay? You’re going to die if you keep this up you idiot.” She frowned, slapping him on the back of his head.

@Prometheus

"Fine." He says, dragging himself up next to Artemis. "Your wish is my command, queen Bubbles." He chuckles, holding his side. He pulls his hand up and pats her head. "You always know what to do, it's why I keep you around." He smiles at her, taking off his helmet. "You know, You're the smartest person I know of." He smiles. The man was serious, he hadn't met a lot of smart people, and the ones he did meet, soon got too hurt to keep talking to him. Prometheus gives her a thumbs up. "You're a grade A tiny friend." He grins.

With his back against the Rock, Prometheus looks over it. He sees the mama bird start to flap her wings. "I think I'm gonna have to get back up soon." He equips his helmet again. "We're getting cake after this right? That's why I'm not gonna die, I need to buy you cake." He laughs. If she's around, I have something to live for. I guess I'll have to protect her. She'll be my lifeline, if she get's hurt, I get hurt. I'd die for her. Eww, I guess I've gone soft.

@Artemis

The player sighed in relief and shifted her sitting position so that she’s now on her knees. “You’re so dumb. And that’s coming from me!” She exclaimed, pure shock written all over her face. “You better keep me around,” she huffed, crossing her arms. “I’d be coming after you if you didn’t. And you don’t want to see these claws gauge your eyes out!” She warned jokingly, holding her nails up to his face.

”Really? Don’t go up yet, just wait for it to leave or something. It’s better safe than sorry. And yes, you still have to buy me cake!” She piped up, “you’ll buy me cake until you are broke! Unless you’re already broke or something. You’re not broke yet, right?” The player sheepishly asked him, not wanting to spend all of his Col on her. She held up a finger and grinned. That’s right... he’s not going to die because he owes me cake. Artemis chuckled to herself. Idiot.

@Prometheus

Prometheus looks at the girl with a confused pair of eyes. "Of course I'm not broke. Even if I was, I'd just steal it." He says and turns to the girl. A smile crosses his helmetless face and he tilts his head. "In this light you look cute. I guess it's just the lighting though." He says. The man was confused with himself. Maybe he was starting to like the girl. Or maybe the man had been in the heat for way too long. "Come on, it was just a compliment." He says, his face slightly red. His face felt warm and he wanted to look away. However he was just bull headed enough to keep eye contact and not look away. "I think you're cute is what I'm saying." He tries to clarify. The fire in his soul grew into an uncontrollable rage, destroying itself. It was tearing itself apart as it burned brighter. It made no sense to Prometheus, but he didn't care. This must be... The need to protect her. I need to keep her safe. It's my duty, not just as a player, but as a tank. He looks away. She had broken his yet unbroken will. His mind knew not what to do, so it just went silent, waiting for a response. It felt like an eternity.

@Artemis