[PP-F1] Red Moon - Uprising Arc: Chapter 1 (Slayer)

The night time had fallen, and it was thus time for Pick to begin his nightly walks in the streets. Of course, this wasn't any walk - this was the sort of walk where you scout around and check for any potential victims that would fall to give him Col. Pick grinned, pulling out his night gear from his inventory and equipping it. The black robe, the mask, the wig, everything was set into place, everything except the axe that he had yet to receive from Dustin, of course, but this was enough to begin his plan of dominating this world through riches. 

Pick had made sure to delete all the players in his friend's list - he'll come up with an excuse later - something like not wanting to have to commit fully to something. However, he was ready to commit to something far greater. He was definitely unnoticed by the players up there, which is exactly what he wanted. Pick desired not for anyone to know who he really is until the last moment, when he would reveal himself and take his mask off as the one who dominates Aincrad. 

"Huh. Red moon." Pick whispered, looking straight up at the sky which was brightly lit up with a red hue accompanied by the small little stars around it. It was a beautiful sight, so even Pick would have to admire it. If it had been morning, Pick would've probably sat down and spent half the day there, but no, it was night, and this was the time for true business. Pick smiled under the mask, looked down, and took a few steps.

@Slayer

(OOC: See night gear in signature to get a feel of Pick's appearance)

Edited by Pick

Cyn purused the streets of the slums just outside of the Town of Beginnings. She walked through the alleyways, passed by darkened windows, and under archways bathed in red light. Under the crimson moon Cyn’s long scarlet hair looked more vivid, her simple leather trench coat turned to blood soaked leathers, and her cold eyes seemed to glow with a harsh light. Something was happening tonight. A change in the wind and a shift in this world’s balance. Cynthia could feel that. As she moved along the alleyway and mulled over this thought, something dark quickly flitted across the corner of her vision. Cynthia realized that she was not alone on these streets. Cold steel hissed through the night air as Cyn drew her saber- more as s reaction than consciously- from its sheath. It was a simple and practically useless weapon. Cyn would much rather have the two handed weapon she ordered but this average curved sword would have to be an adequate defense. Though she highly doubted it would be. Something told her whatever- whoever- was out there was much stronger than her. 

@Pick

Pick felt real good. This was the first time in forever that he had a chance to do whatever he wanted, because no one can see what's underneath the mask. However, he did not know what he could possibly do. Perhaps he can head out even deeper outside of the safe zone where there were no roads and see if any foolish player could fall victim to his burglary. However, that wasn't what Pick is like. Pick is an intellectual - a brilliant mastermind with the ability to plan things out with precision. After all, he had been a professional thief in real life, and possibly one of the best ones as well. Those were the days. Pick thought, carry out a heist during the night, and feed the poor during the day. He thought. Times were different here though - materials and Col weren't worth as much as money in the real world, so what was his purpose? That is what he is attempting to find. Crimes are a life long thing, and Pick cannot escape it, even if he wanted to. Pick could only grin at the anticipation of the excitement that would come during future heists in this game.

Originally, he had not noticed the girl behind him. However, he heard the sound of a weapon unsheathing. He had heard the same type of sounds multiple times from his adventures with Dustin. The moonlight seemed to be shining directly on him, making his mask red instead of white as he turned his head over, revealing the creepy mask he was wearing along with the rest of his disguise. His head was the only thing he needed to turn to achieve his purpose. "Why, what do we have here?" Pick said in a much deeper voice than normal.

@Slayer

Cyn doesn't respond to the cloaked figure for a while. She stares at him, her saber still drawn acting as a barrier- a very flimsy barrier, she wished she had a better weapon- between her and the masked man. She regarded him awhile longer with her cold stare, letting his question hang in the air till the silence grew uncomfortable. Then she sheathed her sword, and turned to walk away saying, "You must be a thief because if you were a killer you would have killed me already. I'll tell you I have nothing of value thief so get out of my way. I won't deal with you. Go threaten someone else." She began walking away, her hair reflecting the red light of the moon, when something stopped her. A gut feeling. She turned back to the masked figure, "Tell me why you are out here. Normally I wouldn't care but this- you- intrigue me, thief." She waited for a response and fixed him with a cold, determined, calculating stare. What was he up to? Certainly not just stealing. Anyone could do that. Cynthia sensed this an was after something... more, Something bigger.

@Pick

Pick continued to stare at the woman- he would've pulled out his weapon if he didn't risk exposing his true identity. The golden axe that he had was a trademark unique to him, and he cannot use it when he's in disguise - that's just how it is. The girl was fascinating though. She was unafraid of the atmosphere, the aura of death, that surrounded the two players. In the darkness, anything can happen. Pick could go ahead and attack her at any moment, and since she was on the first floor still, she can't be that strong. Pick didn't know if she was bluffing or if was actually unafraid of him, but it interested him, causing him to turn his entire body towards the female.

Slowly walking up, he stood straight - and since he was a few inches taller, he was able to look down at the woman with those chilled eyes that were usually lively during the day. "What makes you think I am a thief? I can still kill you right here, right now. Sometimes, it's good to be patient with your killing, to be able to torture your victims with fear until the last moment when you send him or her away to hell. If I was a killer, you wouldn't be dead now, but you would be dead when I feel like it - that's just how it is." Pick said coldly, continuing to stare straight into the eyes of the red-headed woman without backing off. "I'm here to initiate my plan - a plan that is far too intellectual for your feeble brain."

@Slayer

Cyn stared back into the thief's eyes in defiance, her cold eyes just as hard. This person was no concern of her's and while he talked fancy, he was no killer. "I know that you're no killer because you're not like me."  She let that hang for a second while she seethed- feeble minded. I know exactly what you are-  the anger pouring off her in waves. The masked person talked tough but he hadn't done anything that seemed natural. He was chatting with his victim after all. Only a foolish or over confident thief did that and no killer would do that. At least I wouldn't.  "I know exactly what you are. You're a thief but you really aren't part of this underworld. You just started this scheme but you have no idea how to implement your grand plan," Cynthia's words were coming faster and hotter, her eyes no longer cold but blazing with wrath. She was a knife's edge from just attacking this man even it it got her killed. She was beginning to not care. "Now" Cynthia took a step forwards towards the cloaked figure, that hate still radiating, "Tell me about this grand plan that I'm to feeble to comprehend." Her eyes blazed like a small sun.

@Pick

Edited by Slayer

Pick looked up, and let out a heavy laugh. To be honest, he was actually getting kind of nervous, and when nervous, his judgement begins to fail slightly. Pick was afraid of direct confrontation - a weakness that he has always failed to rid of. He was a thief, after all, and if it hadn't been the fact that the red-haired girl was on the first floor with a green marker, Pick would not even have approached her. He could assume that the girl was weak, but the curious turn of events certainly occurred when the girl literally announced the fact that she was a killer. "A killer without an orange marker, huh? Well, I guess you are just starting your journey as well. How can I tell you my grand plan when you are unable to comprehend it? Well, I suppose that I can give you a small part of my ultimate plan." Pick exclaimed. He had no point of hiding what he wanted to do - the first step to his scheme of ruling Aincrad, since there was no stopping it even if people found out some parts about it.

"Currently, the world of Aincrad is without fear. There are no major criminal organizations, which means no danger. There would no longer be fear for players who roam the day and night... don't you find it unsettling?" Pick said quietly, almost a mumble behind the barrier of his mask. "This is why I will organize the biggest criminal guild the game has ever seen," Pick began, starting with the basics of his plan, as that was all he actually needed to say at the moment, "Don't you enjoy killing? Well, you are a killer, right? I am a thief. I get information, and I act from behind the scenes, giving you guidance, and all you have to do is kill, does it not sound like a good deal?"

@Slayer

Cyn’s face split into a slanted grin. It wasn’t a kind smile and in the red light her teeth looked blood stained. This person intrigued her and his plan- while lacking in detail- was ambitious. It was a plan she could get behind. She did enjoy killing. Every game she had played had ended up with here killing other players because what was a better mask than an anonymous name and face on a screen. Cyn’s eyes lost her hate but the fire and passion remained. It gleamed in her eyes like a hunger. Anyone with a brain could tell that she wanted this. “I like it. I accept. One two conditions: I won’t be some grunt keep in the dark. I’ll be your right hand girl. A weapon to use as you see fit,” Cynthia chuckled but there was no warmth in it, “And all good relationships are built on trust. I’d like to see your face.” She waited to see the masked man’s reaction to her conditions. She didn’t mean to make demands but if this was going to be such a great undertaking she wanted to know her place in it. And she wouldn’t be some plaything or puppet. She didn’t have to be the master, just close by them. “What do you say thief?” She extends a hand, “Are those conditions satisfying? Are we taking over this sorry world.” Her grin widened at the thought. 

"Relationships in the real world aren't based on trust - it's based on mutual benefit, at least in a professional sense. I'm afraid my face is the one thing that you cannot have access to. I do not trust you enough to allow you to have such a powerful information. After all, it's the one crucial part of my identity that is the key to everything." Pick declared. Give his identity to a woman that he had just met? Impossible. Pick wasn't a genius, but he was bright, and smart - he knows when to take risks and when to not. To show himself to a seemingly low-leveled player was not something that he would like. 

"I assure you that you'll see my face in the future, but until that moment comes, you'll just have to wait. Now that we're done with that, let us proceed to logistics. All criminal action and organization movements shall be done during the night, unless for extreme circumstances. During the day, you are free to deceive, kill, grind up your levels... whatever you want to do. I'll make sure to tell you several days before when I need you on a specific night. If you wish to be a weapon, I'll allow you, but don't expect me to answer too many of your questions until you've proven your worth." Pick chuckled.

@Slayer

Cyn soured at the man’s remark, a little fury creeping back into her eyes, but she did realize it was too much to ask. She was low leveled therefore she had very little use. She’d have to train and prove her worth to this man. Only then would she be allowed to know everything he knew and see everything he sees. “Fair enough, but mark my words: I’ll prove myself and that day will come soon. Sooner that you think” Cyn stared into that mask’s eye holes, her gaze as hard as iron. She would not that this go to waste. She along side this man would control this world from the night and through fear. Cynthia nods at his second statement. Whatever he wanted. She would spend the day leveling up and then during the night they’d implement and improve this man’s grand plan of domination. Sounded just fine. “How will I know it’s you contacting me? Also- Will I need a mask of my own?”

@Pick

Pick smiled at his simple lie. He would never expose his identity during the night to anyone - not even a girl would could manage to persuade him during the day could do so at night. He was a barrier, a shield that not only prevented the world from seeing him, but from him seeing the world as well. It was a perfect shell, and to expose it would require either the death of him, or the death of the individual who saw what was behind the mask. He couldn't trust anyone - not even if this woman became his right-hand man. "Very well, we shall see exactly how strong you will be from all that killing that you do. After all, it won't be too hard for you to improve if you really are that much into killing other things." Pick smiled, not that the smile would be seen from outside of the mask.

"How you know I will be contacting you? First of all, I need you to tell me where you will reside every week. Why every week? Because you'll be moving around in inns that I will be giving you the funds for... and yes, you'll be moving around every week. Once you get your orange marker, there will be less hotels and inns that are available to you. When that happens, I'll find places for you to live. This will continue until we muster enough Col to purchase a secret operation ground where all of our members can reside in. In terms of how you know it'll be me, I've thought about this too. I'll specifically design a black card that I can write messages on and put them into a black envelope. Then, I shall seal it and use a dagger to carve something in the back. You won't see it, and neither will anyone else, but you can feel it. The envelope itself is a disguise, while the carving is what identifies me." 

@Slayer

Cyn frowned slightly. So much moving around for practically nothing. Cyn hated secrecy and all this slinking around. It was so much easier to just deal with a problem head on. No hiding or secrets. Just a blade in her hand and spilled blood. Killing was so much much easier. Which I guess is why this man is the one planning it all. He’s the schemer. I’m the killer. The hunter to his tactican. Cynthia nodded as the man spoke. She would do what she had to to gain this man’s trust. She would do anything. She was not just some throwaway grunt. She was a murderer plain and simple but smart and relentless. She’d burn away anything and everything to get what she wanted. Cyn smiled, “So thief, what am I to call you?”

@Pick

Edited by Slayer

"Simple, you will address me as X. It's a simple name, and that's the way that I like to keep it," Pick introduced his disguised identity, making sure that the voice changer inside the mask hasn't changed positions yet, he moved his hand and adjusted his mask in order to make sure that it remains on his face the whole time, "May I ask also, what your name is? Naturally, I won't be adding anyone to my friend's zone, since, you know, my location might get leaked." Pick finished - this is why his friend's list was empty... he had deleted all of his friends before his plan began. He made sure that no one could access him - he was a coward after all. "I advise that you don't have too many players on your friend's list either... friends might only be a barrier to you. In this world, if you want to be successful, it's all about mutual benefit." Pick smiled.

"So, let us get to know each other a little bit better. I do not care about who you were in real life, or who you are at the moment, but let me get a good idea of where you are in terms of power? What level are you? If you are too low, we are going to have to work on that immediately." Pick finished.

@Slayer

"X? Really? I think that I will stick to calling you Thief. It fits better." Cyn turned slightly and looked up at the red moon. A blood moon some called it. She cocked her head in thought and then turned back to Thief. "Call me Slayer. Its simple and to the point. No need to hide what I am. And power wise I am the lowest in this game but I plan on changing that very soon. The beginner quests bore me but I am completely them with ease. I'll train and level as fast as I can to become as strong as I can. You won't need to worry about me Thief. Worry about your grand plan." Cyn chuckled and smiled a wicked smile. This endeavor was going to be so fun. "So Thief what's our next move? At least what are we going to do tonight? I hope we're not just going to stand around talking" Cyn waited on the masked man to answer at this point.

@Pick

"Thief will have to do, I suppose. Although if you are going to be addressing me as that, I highly recommend that you do not do that openly in public. If you cannot, just don't address me at all... I will know when you are talking to me without you addressing me." Pick concluded. With someone calling him thief, it would not be good because it can reveal what his intentions are - something that he did not want to be released too soon and too easily.

"I am still gathering members for this organization, and did not particularly have a plan for tonight. At the moment, everyone that I associate myself with must remain on the low-key, and must not reveal anything about this organization. Everything needs to be hidden from the public, especially the front lines. We will be gathering members who have villain-like intentions just like us, and that's it. For now, since you'll need to get equipment from the safe zone, you need to make sure that you don't kill anyone until you are at least level fifteen." Pick instructed. For someone to become an orange player at a low-level would put that person in a bad position where they would be questioned by players as to why they have an orange marker. Stronger players who have an orange marker seemed to not be questioned, whether it be that people are too afraid, or people just assume that they obtained the marker as a result of self-defense.

"I suppose. We can get some combat practice in... maybe see what type of weapon you use." 

@Slayer

“Strength in numbers,” Cyn grinned, her eyes flashing brightly, full of energy. “And I won’t let anything slip up. Your nasty little secret is safe with me.” Cynthia’s grin widened and she chuckled a little. She nodded at his next statement. She wouldn’t kill anyone yet. That would draw too much unwanted attention. She needed to be much stronger- much, much stronger- before she went player hunting. At Thief’s question Cyn smile turned sour but she pulled out the simple steel saber, “I’d like a much better weapon. This one is too short and I can’t put enough power behind the swings. I have ordered a custom weapon that will be much more to my liking.” She sheathed her saber and turned back to Thief, “But experience is experience,” Cyn smiles again, prepared and energized but patiently waiting for Thief’s move, “Let’s go hunting.” Cyn’s eyes gleam with anticipation and a kind of sick excitement. 

@Pick

Edited by Slayer