• HP: 80
  • ENG: 8
  • MIT: 9
  • DMG: 2
  • ACC: 1
  • EVA: 0

Battle Ready Inventory

Spoiler
  • Tier 1 Uncommon Health Potions x5 (Heals 40)
  • Tier 1 Damage potion (+1 DMG)
  • Tier 1 Overhealing potion (+50 Temp Health)
  • Starter Healing Potion x5 (Heals 50)

Gear

Spoiler
  • Tier 1 Uncommon Rapier [Accuracy]
  • Tier 1 Uncommon Light Armor [Mitigation]

Lyle put the package down on a table out of the way, it looked like they were tea leaves or something. "I'm working on an order but it looks like I miscounted the materials before I started." "So you need me to go and gather them for you." Dan interrupted him, slightly irritated that he'd have to go gathering again. The smith erupted with laughter at this. "Eh, not exactly lad. See what I need is three boar pup tusks. Now you can't find those just lyin' about the forest can ya'?" Dan perked up a bit at this. "So you need me to go kill some and collect them for you." Lyle gave him a toothy grin as he slapped him on the chest. "Now yer catchin' on. Now, I'll be needin' three of them tusks. I know there's a group of 'em nests in the forest. I'll mark it on yer map for ya." Dan's quest indicator popped up, directing him towards the forest. "We'll be back in no time Lyle." The boy said as he started to head out waving for Kat to follow. "Aye, quick as you like," Lyle replied as he went back to smithing.

@Katagawa

Edited by pureblade

Hokori stood back a little ways, letting Pure talk to the NPC. Once he had finished his chatting, she quickly got up and began to follow him towards the fields once more. She wasn't sure whether or not he wanted help taking on the boars while she was there, so she figured she may as well ask. "So, if you want me to I can help take on a few of the boars with you. I may not look it, but I am decent at combat. At least on this floor, that is. If you want to take them on yourself by all means I won't stop you. Whichever you want just let me know if you change your mind, don't want to deprive you of the personal experience but don't want you to die either." She tried to leave the question as open as she could, so that Pure was free to answer either way without fear of giving a seemingly wrong answer. She knew that she wouldn't be able to loot anything off of this floor right now anyways, so may as well let him fight if he wanted to. She did want to accompany him though to make sure he wasn't killed by one of the boar pups.

@pureblade

Dan looked over at her, a look on his face that said, "yeah right". "Are you kidding me." He said to her, a grin on his face. "Like I would leave you out of all the fun." His grin widened as they exited the city. "Besides, it'd be kinda weird if you were just following me around and watching me fight. Like a... what's that called." He thought for a second then snapped his fingers as it came to him. "A squire. Yeah, that's what it's called. Anyways, I don't need a squire, I need a friend." He smiled at her as they continued on. "So speaking of by the way, what level are you? If you don't feel comfortable sharing though I completely understand." He knew some people were weird when it came to stuff like that. He was never quite sure why though. He thought maybe people were afraid of being attacked if they were a low level?

@Katagawa

Edited by pureblade

Hokori gave a quiet little laugh at the thought of being a squire to someone in this game. Once she had regained her composure, she gave her response as curtly as possible to glance over the fact she had just been laughing. "I doubt I would really be your squire. It would more likely be that you'd be my apprentice than anything. I'm level 8 right now, by the way. Though at this point, that level gap doesn't really mean much. I'm pretty sure you could just catch up by doing these starter quests with me, you'll be getting the quest experience after all." Hokori took a pause, not wanting to leave him out of the conversation. "Let's head out now, those boars certainly aren't going to kill themselves." She made sure that all of her equipment was set for the battle ahead. She knew it was likely to be easy, but in a game where death meant the loss of your actual life, one could never be too careful.

@pureblade

Dan smiled at her. "True enough I suppose." He giggled. "I'll happily be your apprentice." He said as he bowed with a flourish, quite over the top and exagerated. He grinned at her as he stood up. "You're certainly right teacher." He said with a giggle. "Let us make haste! Onwards!" He charged into the woods a little ways giggling like a child before he finally focused up, keeping an eye open for any monsters. After waiting for Kat to catch up and walking for a little ways he spotted a clearing and crept in the bushes just out of agro range. He did a quick count, four of the pups there were. He turned to the woman with a small grin. "Well, care to show an apprentice how it's done?" He chuckled, even as he readied his own blade in preparation for the oncoming fight that would surely ensue.

Hokori didn't follow quickly, instead just hefting her sword up onto her shoulder. She was still a little unfamiliar with its weight, though was starting to get used to it. She hoped that eventually she would be able to swing it around on the front lines, but that would be quite a ways away. She followed him into the forest, not where she had found the boar pups but certainly not an impossibility. Sure enough, he found four without too much trouble. She grabbed her sword with both hands, letting it charge up for her attack. If he wanted a display of power, she would give the most efficient one she could. She had recently gotten a few new sword arts, but she decided to try and take care of all four with a single blow. The blade glowed with a blue light as she unleashed the attack. With a visceral scream, she quickly slashed at all four boar pups at once. They were caught unawares, even with her scream, and the first ended up flying into the air. Coming full circle with her blade, Hokori came downwards with a second slash. This attack slammed the first boar into the ground, which shattered on impact, and quickly sliced the remaining boars in half. Though one seemed to linger for a bit, it dissolved as well while Hokori was shouldering her blade once more. "And that's how it's done, at least for me. Let's find some more and see what you've got, eh?" There appeared to be no tusks left over, so Hokori figured it would be best if she left the actual killing to Pure. She knew that she would take these boars out in one hit.

Maybe I can take on a few of their guardians. I know that many of the pups have fully grown boars around them. I could probably take them on while I let pure take out the pups. Sounds cruel now that I think about it, but it would certainly be more practical.

Spoiler

Using Blast [x2 AoE] (2 energy + 2 energy per hit)

ID: #105165 -- BD: 9 - minor crit (16 damage)
ID: #105166 -- BD: 7 - hit (14 damage)
ID: #105167 -- BD: 5 + 1 concentration = 6 - hit (14 damage)
ID: #105168 -- BD: 8 - hit (14 damage)

[H: 1/1/1/1] @Katagawa: 160/160 HP | 6/16 EN (-10 sword art) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT (used concentration)
[H: 0/0/0/0] @pureblade: ???

Boar Pup A: 0/5 HP | 3 DMG (doesn't benefit from critical hits)
Boar Pup B: 0/5 HP | 3 DMG (doesn't benefit from critical hits)
Boar Pup C: 0/5 HP | 3 DMG (doesn't benefit from critical hits)
Boar Pup D: 0/5 HP | 3 DMG (doesn't benefit from critical hits)

Dan just stood there for a few moments, his eyes wide and mouth agape in awe.  "Holy smokes." He said finally, his voice barely above a whisper. "That was awesome!" He shouted. "You took all of em out like they were nothing! I mean, for you I'm sure they were but still! That was like the most amazing thing I've ever seen!" He gushed, talking quickly and excitedly. "Maybe I should just have you stand on the sidelines teach, otherwise you'll kill everything in sight." He joked with a laugh. "Come on let's go find more stuff to kill!" He said as he bounded through the forest like an excited child in a toy store. He soon found another pair of pups and unsheathed his rapier. "Alright, so I'll take care of the pups and you'll deal with any adds that show up." Once the plan was confirmed he charged at one of the pups and slashed at its side with his rapier missing completely like a dunce.

Spoiler

Pureblade's Stats:

• Level 4
  • 80 Hp
  • 8 Energy
  • 2 DMG
  • 9 Mit

Boar Pup Stats:

• 5 HP
  • 3 DMG

• ID: #105170
  • BD: 1 (Crit Fail!)
  • MD: 9 (Crit Hit!)

• ID: #105242
  • MD: 3 (Miss)

• Pureblade: 79/80 | 6/8 ENG (-0 HP, -2 ENG)
  • Boar Pup A 5/5
  • Boar Pup B 5/5

Edited by pureblade

Hokori took a knee after taking out the boar pups. She smiled tiredly as Pure layed on the praise. "Don't praise me so much, I just used a simple sword art. If these things were much higher of a level, I'm pretty sure they would still be standing." She picked herself up, staying a little ways back so that Pure could engage freely. Once he had spotted a couple of boar pups, Hokori put her blade into the ground a little bit and leaned on it. She gestured for him to go on. "I'll have your back if you need me to. You should be fine though, let the game guide you and you'll be taking the boars down without much of an issue." She knew that she would want to recover more from her major attack before letting herself rejoin the fight. Though if something tougher wandered along, she wouldn't hesitate to take it out.

Spoiler

[H: 0/0] @Katagawa: 160/160 HP | 7/16 EN (+1 regen)| 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT (concentration CD: 5 turns) (1 out of combat post [For complete energy regen])
[H: 0/0] @pureblade: 80/80 HP | 7/8 ENG

Boar Pup A: 5/5 HP | 3 DMG (doesn't benefit from critical hits)
Boar Pup B: 5/5 HP | 3 DMG (doesn't benefit from critical hits)

As Dan swung his blade he severely miscalculated the height of his swing and the amount of power he put behind it, so instead of connecting with the boar pup he just spun in a big circle. This, of course, led to him being dizzy, he held his head for a second as the world spun around him and the pups charged him. The world continued spinning so he wasn't able to dodge out of the way, however, the damage was so minor he took no damage. As his vision cleared he couldn't help shaking his head as he smiled and giggled a little bit at them. "I almost feel bad about killing them. I mean I know they're trying to kill me, but they're so small and adorable!" He squeed. Things were only about 30 centimeters long, covered in dark blue fur, and had tiny little nubs where their tusks were growing in. "I wonder if I'd be able to tame one of these things with that one skill." He asked aloud as he slashed the same boar again.

@Katagawa

Spoiler

Pureblade's Stats:

• Level 4
  • 80 Hp
  • 8 Energy
  • 2 DMG
  • 9 Mit

Boar Pup Stats:

• 5 HP
  • 3 DMG
  • ID: #105243
  • BD: 8 (7+1 ACC Hit!)
  • MD: 3 (Miss)

• ID: #105244
  • MD: 2 (Miss!)

• Pureblade 79/80 | 6/8 ENG (-1 ENG + 1 Regen)
  • Boar Pup A 3/5 (-2 HP)
  • Boar Pup B 5/5

Edited by pureblade

Not wanting to seem completely useless, Hokori decided she would do her best to provide some advice while recovering her energy. Thankfully, there didn’t seem to be any larger boars approaching so she could afford not to engage for now. “Strike in the way that you have the least chance of missing. These enemies are short, go for a vertical strike. Really tall enemy? Go horizontal. Unless you put the odds in your favor, they will go against you.” Hokori let Pure talk for a little bit himself. “They may look like adorable little balls of fluff now but they’ll grow up to be the most threatening noob killer in the game. Of course, you probably could tame them, but that will only take one boar off of the table. Not the time to focus on that though. Right now you need to take those boars down as quickly as you can.”

Spoiler

[H: 0/0] @Katagawa: 160/160 HP | 8/16 EN (+1 regen)| 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT (concentration CD: 4 turns) (2 out of combat post [For complete energy regen])
[H: 1/0] @pureblade: 80/80 HP | 6/8 ENG | 2 DMG | 9 MIT

Boar Pup A: 3/5 HP | 3 DMG (doesn't benefit from critical hits)

(Note: You don’t need to post the full stats of everything each turn, you can just sum it up here like I do)

• 3 weeks later...

Dan nodded, a slight grin on his face. "Alright thanks." He carefully moved himself around the boars, but rather than vertical he went horizontal, confusing the two. "Hey I thought you said... Oh wait. Horizontal is the... Right." He blushed profusely. Thankfully he was not so distracted as to fail to move out of the way of an attack from both of the pups. He took a deep breath as he held his sword up in front of him and focused. 'Alright, eyes up. They're fast, but you just need to strike at the right time. It's like one of those mini games where the thing slides back and forth and you have to stop it in a specific section... Okay it's nothing like that but still. It's either you squash these guys or they squash you.' "Okay vertical up and down right?" He called to Katagawa, hoping he was right this time.

@Katagawa

Spoiler

Pureblade's Stats:

• Level 4
  • 80 Hp
  • 8 Energy
  • 2 DMG
  • 9 Mit

Boar Pup Stats:

• 5 HP
  • 3 DMG

• ID: #105940
  • BD: 3 (2+1 ACC Miss!)
  • MD: 1 (Miss)

• ID: #105941
  • MD: 4 (Miss!)

• Pureblade 79/80 | 5/8 ENG (-2 ENG, +1 Regen)
  • Boar Pup A 3/5 
  • Boar Pup B 5/5

Edited by pureblade

Hokori continued to lean on her blade for the time being, though she was almost back to full on her energy. Thankfully there had been no mother boars that were coming in to attack pure. It seemed as though they were rather inattentive of their own offspring. That was assuming the game even had a system in place to determine which pups were the so called children of a boar mother. "Yes, vertical is up and down. You're doing great though, keep it up." There was no reason to dash his hopes of making progress, even if he had only hit the boars once so far. It meant that she could keep helping him. No one learned if you got it right the first try. The only issue was that one mistake in this game could cost you your life if it was bad enough. It promoted a poor style of learning, remaining in a comfort zone rather than trying to find what would be more effective. There was so little room for experimentation, though what could you expect from a death game.

Spoiler

[H: 0/0] @Katagawa: 160/160 HP | 16/16 EN (+1 regen)| 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT (concentration CD: 3 turns)
[H: 1/0] @pureblade: 80/80 HP | 4/8 ENG | 2 DMG | 9 MIT

Boar Pup A: 3/5 HP | 3 DMG (doesn't benefit from critical hits)

(don't forget the -2 energy for the miss [added it in on my stats already])

Dan let out a snort and let down his guard as she attempted to encourage him. As much as he appreciated her attempts he knew he wasn't doing great. He'd hit the thing only once. Now that wasn't a reason to give up, but he also wasn't discouraged. Something more along the lines of, "Keep it up!" Or, "You can do it!" Probably would have been more appropriate in the situation.  Thankfully he was brought back to his senses, unfortunately it was due to a pup slamming into his shin. He stumbled slightly from the force but thankfully his armor took most of the impact, leaving him with no real damage taken. The poor thing seemed a little dazed though, which left him wide open to Dan's next attack. He slashed at the beast and it squealed in pain and snorted at him as his... Brother probably charged, but the boy was nimble enough to to dodge out of the way in time.

@Katagawa

Spoiler

Pureblade's Stats:

• Level 4
  • 80 Hp
  • 8 Energy
  • 2 DMG
  • 9 Mit

Boar Pup Stats:

• 5 HP
  • 3 DMG

• ID: #105958
  • BD: 9 (8+1 ACC Hit!)
  • MD: 8 (Hit)

• ID: #105960
  • MD: 2 (Miss!)

• Pureblade 78/80 | 5/8 ENG | 1 DMG | 9 MIT (-1 ENG, +1 Regen)
  • Boar Pup A 1/5 (-2 HP)
  • Boar Pup B 5/5

•  

Edited by pureblade

Hokori watched as Pure took a hit followed by a quicck retaliation from him. "You're doing good, keep it up!" That's when she noticed one of the larger boars coming in from the side. Hokori stepped forward, going around pure and his fight to prevent drawing their aggro. The boar that was coming seemed to be more focused on charging ginto the fray rather than actually protecting itself. As such,, she was easily able to let it come to her. She brought her sword in a sweeping undercut, launching the boar into the sky. Letting the sword art take control of her, Hokori jumped up into the air just below it. Once at its height, she spun around and gave a spiraling downward cut, slamming the boar into the ground. As it lay there, motionless, Hokori fell towards thr ground in style with her large blade pointed into the ground. She landed in a cloud of dust and red pixels, the boar had been speared through by her attack and instantly shattered. It didn't leave any loot behind, but HOkori was just glad that it hadn't been able to interfere with combat. "Don't mind me, keep focusing on your boar pups." As flashy as she knew that looked, she didn't want Pure to take a hit because he was busy lookinng at her attack.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #105969

BD: 7 + 1 - hit

MD: dead

[H: 0/0/1] @Katagawa160/160 HP | 13/16 EN | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC (concentration CD: 2 turns)

[H: 2/0/0@pureblade: 79/80 HP | 3/8 ENG | 2 DMG | 9 MIT

Boar Pup A: 1/5 HP | 3 DMG (doesn't benefit from critical hits)

Boar: 0/20 HP | 15 DMG

(minimum of 1 damage, and it still costs 1 energy for a raguler hit)

(OOC: Added the one ACC I forgot I had equipped)

Dan watched in amazement as he saw Kat preformed another astounding Sword Art. A whole lot of showmanship seemed involved in it but it looked fan-flipping-tastic. "Holy smokes! That was awesome! Can I do one of th- Ergh!" He let out a grunt as he was knocked to the ground as both of the boar pups charged and knocked him down. "Okay yeah that hurt." He grunted as he stood. "My pride it hurt my pride." He took a deep breath and held his blade in front of him. If he could get the one down he could probably deal with the other one swiftly. He went for it. He rushed forwards and feinted to the right before spinning back around to the left as he slashed at it. His blade connected with the monster and with a squeal it shattered into pixels. Dan quickly hopped back before it could strike again and he started celebrating. "Woohoo! First kill!" He shouted excitedly.

@Katagawa

Spoiler

Pureblade's Stats:

Level 4
80 Hp
8 Energy
2 DMG
9 Mit
 Boar Pup Stats:

5 HP
3 DMG

ID: #105971
BD: 8 (7+1 ACC Hit!)
MD: 7 (Hit)

ID# 112826

LD: 10 (No Loot)

ID: #105972
MD: 7 (Hit!)

Pureblade 77/80 | 5/8 ENG | 1 DMG | 9 MIT (-1 ENG, +1 Regen)
Boar Pup A 0/5 (-2 HP)
Boar Pup B 5/5

Edited by pureblade

Deciding to take a break and continue to be vigilant over the battlefield, Hokori hefted her sword back on to her shoulder. "Don't get distracted by what's happening elsewhere on the battlefield. Only when you know exactly what is happening in your surroundings can you afford to look to others if they need help. Even if someone else is struggling, help yourself first. Better that they die and you survive than the both of you die." SHe was doing her best to give advice, but she didn't actually know too much from real life experience. Books may contain some of the information to be taught, but there was nothing except real world experience that would truly help in this pseudo-fantasy setting the game was in. Perhaps it was more of a low fanatsy in some people's minds, but regardless this game was not a depiction of real life. Actual tactics and abilities would not work that well, the only thing that someone would really be able to pull off is some basic tactics. The rest of the game was too different to apply things like the art of war.

@pureblade

• 5 months later...

Dan turned his head slightly as he listened to Katagawa's advice. She was right he needed to focus on the battle at hand rather the distractions on the battlefield. Though her second piece of advice bothered him. Even if someone else is struggling, help yourself first. He didn't think he could do that. He understood the value of his own life, but how could he just ignore the plight of others to save his own skin? It wasn't in his nature. He would gladly sacrifice his HP for the sake of someone else. He would disregard that piece of advice for now and focused on the battle at hand. With that thought in mind he took a deep breath and charged at the young boar. The boar charged in return. This was going to be a matter of timing he had to strike at the right time not only to hit the beast but also to make sure he wasn't hit himself. Waiting for just the right moment Dan struck, using the force from his thrust to push away from the creature and avoid it's reprisals.

Spoiler

Pureblade's Stats:

Level 5
80 Hp
8 Energy
2 DMG
9 Mit
 Boar Pup Stats:

5 HP
3 DMG

ID: #112827
BD: 8 (7+1 ACC Hit!)
MD: 4 (Miss)

Pureblade 77/80 | 5/8 ENG | 1 DMG | 9 MIT (-1 ENG, +1 Regen)
Boar Pup A 0/5 (-2 HP)
Boar Pup B 3/5

Edited by pureblade

Hokori watched with a disguised emotion of being impressed. The boy was picking things up quickly. It was a good sign he could make it further than normal here. At least that was what she had hoped. She had already tried to hep out many players and watched them disappear on her after one or two quests that she took them on. Sometimes she even managed to lose them in the middle of a quest. It was honesty quite strange, but it was no big deal in the end. She did her best to make sure that there was no one that she left behind, but sometimes others left her behind. That wasn't what she was here for today though. Today she was here for one person in particular. "You're doing good. but it takes more than a charge attack to take down an enemy. You have to be able to fight it even when you don't start far away from it."

@pureblade

Dan nodded silently as he slowly moved closer towards the boar, his sword level in front of him. He kept his breath even as he slowly moved around the boar waiting for the right moment to attack. The creature squinted it's crimson red eyes at him before it launched an attack at him. Dan was prepared though and battled the creature away before thrusting the tip of his rapier between it's eyes. It let out a defeated squeal before collapsing to the ground and breaking apart into light blue polygons. Dan flourished his blade before returning it to his sheath. He took a few deep breaths before he threw his hands up and shouted in excitement, laughing at his first victory. "Do do do do do do do do do!" He cried singing the victory theme from another game he played. Neither of the boars dropped any of the tusks they needed, but that didn't bother him too much, to awash with the joy of his first victory to care. "Woo hoo!" He exclaimed as he made his way back to Kat. "How did I do?" he asked.

Spoiler

Pureblade's Stats:

Level 4
80 Hp
8 Energy
2 DMG
9 Mit
 Boar Pup Stats:

5 HP
3 DMG

ID: #112829
BD: 10 (9+1 ACC, Critical Hit!)
MD: 6 (Hit)

ID: #112830

LD: 4 (No Loot.)

Pureblade 77/80 | 5/8 ENG (-1 ENG, +1 Regen)
Boar Pup A 0/5
Boar Pup B 3/5 (-3, 2 Base +1 Critical.)

Edited by pureblade

Hokori watched as pure quickly finished off the boar. He was doing well, but it was going to take more for him to actually be getting to the front lines. Assuming that was his goal of course. But regardless, it would be nice if he could keep going with his progress and make his way much like she was working on slowly. "Not too bad. You're equipment is almost certainly going to need an upgrade, but your technique is coming along nicely. You need to make sure that you don't just react to their attacks, it puts you on the defensive. You have to be constantly pushing forward if you want to win in a tougher fight." She relayed things as best as she could, mostly just stating things that were logical. She really didn't have that much experience in this game or in fighting in general, but she did know how to deal with a general flow of combat. As much as movies got wrong, there was usually something she could find that made logical sense in them and seemed to carry over to the real world. Or well, Aincrad in this case.

@pureblade