[F1 - pp] Gardening for Goods (Nature's Treasure) COMPLETE

Dustin looked at the girl, his happiness disappearing. “If you truly want to know, then I guess I should say.” He pulls his hood up and puts his hands in his pockets. “Two years ago I watched a small group of player killers kill my brother and all of my friends. I was the only survivor.” He turns to the girl. “What drives me forward is vengeance. I’ve already taken care of two of the three player killers, the last one I have to find is the one who killed my brother.” He pulls out a broken sword. “It was my brother’s. I’m gonna restore it to it’s former glory and use it to kill the man who took him from me.” He puts the broken blade away and smiles at her. “If your guild helps the weak players, it sounds like a guild I would love to be a part of. Helping the weaker is what my brother died doing, so I’m continuing his legacy.” He tilts his head. “Just know, I will be aiming to surpass the leaders, strength wise, and I will be killing the man who killed my brother.” He smiles yet again. “If you’d have me, I’d love to be a part of your guild.” He gives a thumbs up to the girl.

@Hei

After Dustin had left him to go and talk to Eatos, Hei had started working in the field. Huatli had started running around, chasing a butterfly that had appeared in the flower garden that was just a few feet away. While the raptor jumped through the garden, Hei was working hard. He plough the earth, planted seeds and after that, he started walking towards the well, that was off a little bit. Once he was there, he started to wind up the bucket from the well, filling a watering pot and bringing it back to the patch to water the freshly sown plants. As this work was hard and he was sweating already, Hei decided that he would leave the plants for a moment, so they would be able to grow, while he would have a short break, drink some of the cold water and eat a bun he had bought earlier. While he was eating, Huatli finally managed to reach the butterfly and caught it with her mouth, then eating it, just to return to Hei and beg him for some food as well.

ID# 106739
LD: 3+3 = 6 -> nothing found

T1 mat total: 3

@Eatos

Edited by Hei

Despite the story, hearing that the boys brother and friends had all died in front of him, the girls face didn’t shift at all. It was a tale she knew all too well, to be surrounded by death. She herself had been involved in such action, back in the real world. She couldn’t judge this boys desire for revenge, it was normal considering the circumstances but…

“To surpass in strength, isn’t to acquire the power to settle the heart” she said softly to the boy. She wanted to hit him across the face, hard. Did he really think revenge was the right answer, that to kill another was an easy thing to do?

She let out a sigh, of course he did. He was in a video game, where the blood doesn’t stain your hands for days. You don’t find blood under your nails the day after. Eatos’ hand started to shake, and she quickly grabbed it with her other hand to keep herself looking composed.

“We’d welcome you to the guild Dustin. Although, just know that this quest you have of vengeance, no matter how in the right you are. You’ve killed a human being”. She could understand, in a way. But…

An eye for an eye, makes the whole world blind. Not that a child would understand.  

• 2 weeks later...

Dustin looks at the girl with blue hair. His face still serious, he opens his mouth. “Not everyone deserves to live.” He looks at her. “There are some things you shouldn’t do. That includes forcing a man to watch you kill all of his loved ones.” He clenches his fists, then releases them. “I’ve seen enough death to understand that when the good die, the bad go unpunished. That’s why I’m gonna kill everyone who had a hand in my brother’s death.” He looks away, smiling and scratching the back of his head. “sorry, that got a bit dark. But those who kill for fun, or solely because they are stronger, don’t deserve to live.” He walks away. All murder is wrong, that’s why after I kill Kayaba, I’m killing myself. Of course I would do it another way if I could. But I have to minimize the damage, I don’t want more people killed in the crossfire. He makes his way back. “Does the offer to join still stand? This guild sounds like a place that would be great for growth.” He looks at the ground, “though I’d understand if you don’t want a child whose only use is combat in your ranks.” He sits down, looking off into the horizon.

@Hei

While he was sitting there, eating his belated breakfast and feeding Huatli with small pieces of meat, it seemed the others were still talking. Hei was wondering what they talked about, but then he wasn't the kind of person eavesdropping on others, so he would mind his own business until one of them would ask for him.
With the rolls eaten, Hei was ready to continue working on the field he had sown and the first plants he had watered had indeed grown. There were carrots ready for harvest and right next to them grain that was looking like it would be ready within the next few minutes. Hei who had never really done garden work in the real word, but who had travelled and seen, how long fields of grain took to ripen was really impressed and happy, that he wouldn't have to wait month for his field to yield crops. "Wow, that's quite a bit of food. I'll probably be able to exchange it for some nice fabric with the old lady" he said to Huatli as if she could fully understand what he was saying.

ID# 107721
LD: 8+3 = 11 1 T1 mat found -> CD: 11 -> +3 bonus T1 mats = +4 T1 mats

T1 mat total: 7

@Eatos

Edited by Hei
  • 2 weeks later...

Eatos felt a sadness push through her chest as she listened to Dustin speak, and yet, she opted to say nothing. What was there she could say? Revenge was a dish she understood, and yet, one that was poisonous to every single person who took a bite. Was Dustin just too young to realize that, or perhaps, he did not care the cost he would end up paying? The future didn’t matter, as long as he got what he wanted now…

“It’s not my place to say, one way or the other” she says with a seeming calmness despite what had been told to her “Just always be aware that…” The girl stopped herself. He would learn, but he would not listen. There was no point telling him what would face him, he would learn it himself. And he would suffer because of it.

“If you take nothing else from me, remember this Dustin…” The girl looked straight into his eyes, and for those few seconds, he’d see a rage burning inside of her “When setting out on a quest of vengeance, dig two graves”

Seemingly randomly, the rage within her eyes vanished and her soft face simply had a smile on it “As long as you don’t seek death…when you’ll have a place with us” She said, opening her menu and sending Dustin an invitation to join the guild.

• 2 weeks later...

Dustin’s head tilts. It was an incredibly good offer, and Kadin always wanted Dustin to be a part of a guild. Dustin wanted this too, even though he might have to drop his vengeance mission. His hand hesitated over the accept button like he couldn’t decide if avenging his brother or joining a guild was more important. His hand connects to the accept button as Dustin’s mind had calmed itself. You’re gonna do fine Dustin. Now you have a new reason to fight, you can drop the old one. His eyes move back to Eatos, “Thanks, you’re pretty cool in my book.” He smiles at her and runs over to Hei, who had been gathering materials for a while now. “Mister Hei sir, guess who just joined the ranks of the Guardians of the new dawn. Eatos let me in, she’s pretty cool. Which you obviously already know.” He smiles at the man who had made Dustin a few things in the past. The guild has helped so many times before, it felt nice for Dustin to finally feel like he was gonna be part of a guild who actually helped people. That was his new goal, to help as many players as he possibly can.

@Hei

• 1 month later...

Hei had just picked up some of the crops he had planted, when he saw a strangely shimmering rock, that could be some kind of material, so he left the field and picked it up, but it was just a rock and nothing more. As he had already picked it up, he decided to throw it into one of the Ponds that were nearby. The loud plop sound got Huatli's attention. The small raptor ran after the stone and jumped into the pond, water splashing everywhere and Hei had to laugh. 
Moments later Dustin came running towards him, telling him, that he now was part of the Guardians, as Eatos had invited him. "Nice. So welcome to the Guardians of the new Dawn. I bet we'll have much fun together. Whenever you need anything come by and ask, if I can help you I will" he said, as he greeted the newest member of the Guild.  

ID# 110708
LD: 4 -> nothing found

T1 total: 7

Summary:

Hei: 1 SP | 7 T1 Mats | 200 col
@Dustin: 1 SP | 200 col
@Eatos : 1SP

Edited by Hei