[F03|PP] Hunting Cow People <<Search for the Hoya>> (Rithe, Kataware, Pinball, Neopolitan)

Dustin sits in the town on floor three. “This is my favorite place. The nature is just so beautiful. I love this world.” He says, sitting on a bench. Looking down, the player’s brown hair covers his eyes and he begins to rub his chin. He begins thinking of ways he can get stronger. “I could look for a field boss. Ooh, I could kill that Minotaur thingy. I heard that’s around here.” He murmurs to himself. The boy walks to the biggest area in town and starts shouting. “Anyone want to help fight a Minotaur thingy? Come on, it’ll be fun!” Dustin laughs. He was nervous, he was definitely going to fight the boss, but he wouldn’t survive on his own. He needed people to help. Also, it’s never a bad idea to make new friends. “Anyone?” He shouts in a last ditch effort to get a response.

Dustin: 160/160 HP | 16 EN | 5 DMG | 1 EVA | 14 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 keen

Spoiler

Fury’s Hand: rare, +2 DMG

Death’s Reach: rare, +1 EVA, +9 MIT

@Rithe @Neopolitan @Pinball @Kataware

Edited by Dustin

(OOC: Occurs after Rithe's <<The Traveler>> quest>>)

Somehow in the path between the plaza and her shop, Rithe had become lost, so terribly lost, that she had somehow ended up on an entirely different floor. Argh. Not again. She had recently run out of materials for her alchemy, and was wanting to wander around and see what she could do to solve this issue. This waypoint navigation system is going to be my downfall, she thought, frowning slightly as she squeezes through an alleyway, only to find another alley that dead-ends. Then, a voice cuts through the air, causing Rithe to turn her head. Someone is advertising something, I can't quite make it out, but they might be in the plaza... She begins retracing her steps, trying to head in the direction she heard the voice from. She eventually stumbles into the center of Delilah, hearing the last call of the young man, and locating him. Minotaur? Like the one's in the <<Search for the Hoya>> quest? The quest that Zuel went on alone... The quest that had this as it's reward.. She tugs at the pendant around her neck, gazing at the stunning ruby presented delicately amongst the gold. I want to know what he went through to get this... And why he gave it away, just like that.. 

Rithe approaches Dustin slowly.. "Were you the one mentioning minotaurs..?" Rithe said cautiously. She was graced with incredible luck when it came to generous strangers, but she couldn't shake the awkward feeling of reaching out to people she hasn't seen before. 

@Neopolitan @Kataware @Pinball

Spoiler

LEVEL 9

Health: 180

Energy: 18

Skill Points: 7 unused / 20 total

Damage: 1 + paralyze

(Base damage of 1)

Mitigation: 9

(From Armor 9)

Accuracy: 0

Evasion: 0

Spoiler

Will and Testament(dagger): uncommon(1 slot), paralyze for 1 slot.

"A five inch knife with ritualistic engravings and symbols. Has a deep purple hue, nearly black.

Father's Gift(Light Armor): Uncommon(1 slot), mitigation for 1 slot.

"A long, slender, dark leather tunic that reaches to just below the knees and stretches to the wrists. Despite noticeable padding in vulnerable areas, the design is quite sleek."

(VANITY)Hoya of Minos(Pendant): 

"A lovely gold-chained pendant with a beautiful ruby stone"

(A sought out gift for weddings, dates and birthdays. The Hoya of Minos is a pendant that changes form every time someone does the quest so it has a variety of appearances, though it always remains a pendant.)

Battle-ready Inventory:

>>

>>T1 Over-health Potion(+50 Temp. HP)

>> 5 Starter Healing Potions(+50 HP)

>>5 T1 Health Potions of Uncommon Quality(+40 HP)

>> <<The Matriarch's Stinger>>(+1 damage)

(Rithe's stability at the start of this thread: 97%)

Edited by Rithe
Making speech bold from this point forward.

Only just recently having reconnected with society, Pinball was finding it difficult to get back into the swing of things. He had no connections anymore; no friends, no info brokers, no guild to rely on. In a half-hearted attempt to get out there, he had picked up walking as a hobby. Every morning he'd pick a floor, and walk for however long it pleased him. He never equipped a weapon; he hadn't willingly used one since his return, and he was quick enough on his feet to get away from trouble anyway. There was something about combat after the boss raid that wasn't appealing anymore. During his walks, he began picking up on things. It was especially on the lower floors that he noticed an increase in "new" players, looking for people to adventure with. Time goes on. Maybe people start to think it's safer. 

Pinball held no weapon and equipped no armor. He wore a white button-up shirt that looked like it had initially been tucked in, but erratic movement had shaken it loose, causing it to partially spill over his black pants. Around his neck hung an ornate trinket: a clear diamond carved into the shape of a sword with a quartz detail, suspended by a leather cord - the only elegant thing about his outfit by far. From his belt hung a couple of ratty looking pouches, but what really stuck out was the chipped and dirty glass jar tied to his waist. The jar was filled with an inky black substance that dripped over the sides in thick drops of shadow. Every so often, the glass would shake violently, but he paid no mind to it. He walked and looked like someone who didn't quite know what they were doing. 

It wasn't long before he heard the shouting of a player. A sandy-haired boy, around his age, shouted out for help. The Search for the HoyaPinball knew immediately. He hesitated. It wasn't a particularly difficult quest, and it seemed like someone else had already taken an interest in the boy's request. Still he approached, albeit awkwardly, just close enough to get a better idea as to what the two were saying, and to see whether or not anyone else would offer themselves up. He wasn't quite sure whether or not he wanted to tag along. He generally shied away from things like that. He'd watch from a bit aways, but his presence was painfully obvious, and he made no effort whatsoever to be discrete about his staring. 

Player Stats: 

Spoiler

Level: 41
Health: 820 | Energy: 82
DMG: 15 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3

Skills:

Combat skills:
►<<Charge>> [35/50]: Rank 4 - Master

Weapon skills:
►<<2H Assault Spear>> [50/50]: Rank 5 - Grandmaster

Armor skills:
►N/A

Extra skills:
►<<Familiar Mastery: Fighter>> [18/18]: Rank 3 - Grandmaster
►<<Martial Arts>> [0/50]: N/A
►<<Survival>>

Utility Skills:
►<<Fishing>>

Modifiers:
►[Active] <<2H Assault Spear: Ferocity>>: +1 Base DMG
►[Active] <<Bullrush>>
►[Active] <<2H Assault Spear: Finesse>> ~ Rank 3 

Inventory
» [Equipped] [Perfect] Warrior’s Focus: +3 ACC
» [Empty]
» [Empty] 

@Kataware @Neopolitan

Edited by Pinball

Neo was moping about, trying to push the thoughts that pestered her out of her head. She didn't want to forget, but wanted the pain to be over. She couldn't believe she had forgotten about them so easily. and now forgetting was the hardest thing she could do. Perhaps the two years of living in alleys was what had done her in so well before. Her thoughts were interrupted by someone shouting for help. Not in any desperate way, just asking that they get help for a quest. She had been so busy in her thoughts, she wasn't even sure what floor she was on. Making her way towards the sound of the voice, she noticed that a few people had already approached who she guessed was the one shouting before. She made her way closer as well, not wanting to seem suspicious of eavesdropping. She didn't give the smile she was used to giving others, but did give a small wave in greeting. Now, more than ever, she wished to remain silent. Chasing her ability to speak is what had gotten her friend killed, using it now would just bring back more pain of those memories.

@Kataware

Despite the sun shining its brightest, the spiked pauldrons on top of Kataware’s shoulders and her breastplate covering most of her torso lacked a shine one would expect from metallic armor due to her unwillingness to dust it off. That day, Kataware was walking through town with her armor equipped, trying to get used to wearing the two sets of armor at once. Although it wasn’t much of a burden, she couldn’t help but feel stiff and almost as if moving would be a difficult task for her. Thus, her ultimately meaningless training began as she walked around Delilah, the main settlement of the Third Floor. That was when she saw some people begin gathering around a bench and decided for herself to take a look.

As she approached she called out to the trio, she couldn’t help but notice one of their color schemes. Pink, white, and brown. Almost like Neopolitan ice cream. Although, I’m more of a Rainbow Sherbert type of person. “So, what are we all talking about?”

Spoiler

Level: 3 [ ] HP: 60 [ ] EN: 6 [ ] MIT: 35 [ ] Base DMG: 1 [ ] Thorns: 9 [ ] Heavy Momentum: 1

Equipment:

- T1 Rare Heavy Armor (Mitigation II [ ] +18 MIT )

- T1 Spiked Pauldrons (Mitigation I [ ] Heavy Momentum I [ ] Thorns I [ ] +9 MIT)
[start spoiler]
More elaborate, heavier, and definitely spikier shoulder guards than normal shoulder guards.
[end spoiler]

- Vanity Dagger

Battle-Ready Inventory:

- 3 Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

Skills:

- Rank 1 Heavy Armor (5 SP [ ] +8 MIT when wearing Heavy Armor)

@Dustin

Edited by Kataware
Battle Stats/Equipment

"Hey, I was asking these kind people for help on a quest. Wanna come?" He asks. Of course, Dustin probably didn't need all of these people, but he liked the company. "Now, if we are gonna take this guy on, we should exchange names. I'm Dustin. My sword here..." He draws his blade. "Her name is Fury's Hand." He says, hugging the blade of his sword. The boy, removing his cloak, pointed to the girl in the two sets of armor. "You look interesting, who are you?" The girl had gotten his attention, just by simply walking up. Almost just as intriguing, was the man with the jar. The brown haired boy looked over to the colorful girl and the girl with the shiny pendant. His mind raced, trying to think of explanations for every single person around him. But he was able to hear every one talk, still focused on the real world. He was trying to find ways to explain why they would help him. Of course, he would always help people, if he was able to. Even if he didn't have a reason to help them, he would always try.

@Rithe @Pinball @Neopolitan @Kataware 

Very quickly, a small crowd developed around Dustin, much to Rithe's surprise. Where are all these people coming from. She looks slightly anxious, glancing between all the new and unfamiliar faces before looking back at Dustin, well, he did shout pretty loud. She tries to absorb the characteristics of each person, if only to be a better conversational partner, Jar, Pink Hair, Armor, and uhhm. She pauses as she watches Dustin hug his sword. She just raises an eyebrow and smiles slightly in amusement at this. His words from earlier finally reaches her ears, Right, introductions, that's the polite thing to do, probably. Rithe steps forward, a little nervous, and speaks up,  "My name.. is Rithe. And..." she looks at Dustin, confused, before turning back to the rest of the crowd,  "Were we doing weapon introductions too..? If so, all I have are my two hands.." She says sheepishly, seeming to not include the very obvious dagger sheath on her hip.

@Pinball @Neopolitan @Kataware 

Eventually, a crowd gathered around the sandy-haired boy, who introduced himself as Dustin. He also introduced his weapon, which Pinball found a tad peculiar - however, the others seemed to follow suit, or at least didn't pay any mind to it, so he guessed it must not be as weird as he thought it was. Pinball sauntered over to the group, his arms crossed against his chest, listening to the players talking but not yet saying anything himself. He stopped, and the jar tied to his belt shook violently, globules of evanescent shadow spilling over the edges, drifting to the floor, and disappearing in water-like splashes. He bit his lip. With a group this size, they definitely didn't need him here. He held his tongue, trying to decide what to do. Maybe... I don't tell them my level. He took a deep breath, shoved one hand deep in his pocket, and gripped his necklace with the other, mustering up his courage. He lifted a hand, addressing @Dustin"No weapon proficiency. Just my fists and my cat." He glanced over the group once more, and finally noticed @Neopolitan standing with the others. She knows. He winced, flashing her a pained look. Please don't. 

Neo continued to stand silently in the area as introductions went around. It didn't seem like everyone was introducing themselves anyways. She instead decided to push a thought outwards into the sky to call out a friend of hers. The Cobalt blue pseudodragon spiraled down from the air and perched onto her arm. Slowly climbing up to her shoulder, it eventually rested and stared into the group. With that introduction complete, Neo partially unsheathed her rapier to show her weapon of choice before putting it back. With her introduction out of the way, she let someone else take the spotlight. It wouldn't take long for others to notice her lack of speaking. Whether they pointed it out or not, she wasn't going to talk. There seemed to be someone else who was a little intimidated by her presence, almost giving a look asking for her not to hurt him. Normally she would console the person, but now she just stared back for a little bit before turning towards whoever was next to introduce themselves.

@Kataware

Kataware couldn’t understand the purpose of introducing one’s weapons, let alone Rithe forgetting her own dagger and the girl with a Neopolitan color scheme not talking at all. Her face remained indifferent, though and elected to only speak her name in response to Dustin’s question. “I’m Kataware.” The questions about whether or not she was capable of taking on the quest was a matter entirely different to claiming the name of your equipment. After all, the standard starting breastplate that she wore and then the Spiked Pauldrons that she had bought for a bargain price from Shield, didn’t have the flashy names that some people gave their weapons but still served the same purpose.

Kataware kept a level-head throughout the introductions, her brown eyes surveying the group of people in front of her. Although, the player with the cat familiar seemed to have no weapon on his person, Kataware knew to be careful since anyone could swap their equipment at any moment’s time. However, she noticed the noiret flash the Neopolitan color-schemed player a pained look, but did not mean to mention it. As long as it doesn’t affect what we’re going to do today, it should be fine.

@Dustin

Edited by Kataware

“Now that introductions are done, let’s get this adventure going.” He says, standing up and smiling. He turned and walked towards the gate, humming his favorite song and dancing while walking. He was having fun, like he always does before adventures. “In case you were wondering why I named my sword, it’s because giving it a name keeps it in your mind.” He says, tapping he side of his head, “You work best with someone if you know their name, like me and Ice cream girl aren’t going to do very well, I’m watching you, but me and Kataware are going to be fine.” He says, lookin at the two girls. It this point he would’ve tried to flirt, but he knew he was too weak for these girls. The kid knew his level of game and knew his limits. “Now, let’s go kill some monsters. Well one. One monster, that we could’ve all killed by our lonesome, but we decided to have fun as a group.” He says, smiling. He was happy, because he was about to fight. And that’s his favorite thing to do.

@Rithe @Pinball @Neopolitan @Kataware

Edited by Dustin

That was quick. She immediately felt self-conscious as the others proceed to introduce themselves relatively hastily, the pink haired one even remaining completely silent. I don't blame her, this is a bit awkward. Luckily, the party leader, Dustin in this case, began leading the over-sized group in the direction of the labyrinth. Rithe walked after him, blissfully unaware of the maze that awaits her. With her navigational skills, floor 100 would be cleared before she would escape... Hopefully her allies are less directionally-challenged. She listens attentively to what Dustin says as the party walks, but gives no verbal input. In short order, The Forest of Wavering Mists looms in front of them all, silently menacing them (at least, that's what Rithe thinks). This place seems dangerous, she looks around at her new allies. There should be more than enough of us, to handle any enemies... She peers intently into the depths, wondering where exactly the quest marker was taking them. Assuming that Dustin continues onward, she would follow directly behind. 

@Pinball @Neopolitan @Kataware

Pinball took a deep breath. It had gone over smoothly, and from the look the girl had given him, she didn't recognize him. Even though she had helped supply the frontliners with me. That was good, though. Right now, Pinball hated using his weapon, and though he did, he wouldn't let that stop him from pulling it out if somebody was in trouble. With this many people, though, it isn't really necessary. It would probably keep them from looking at him as somebody in a different league, too, and Pinball absolutely abhorred the thought of having to answer questions about it. Maybe it was because he had been in isolation for months following the boss fight, or maybe it was just his general nature. Either way.

Pinball placed a hand on the glass jar as it rattled then, and as they started nearing the labryinth, he slapped the side of it gently twice. From the jar leapt a shadowy cat, circling around the boy three times before coming to rest on his shoulder, leaving a trail of shadow behind it that quickly faded. The cat's whole body was made up of the black fog that had hitherto occupied the jar, save for its pure, empty white eyes and tongue that it used to "lick" a paw. Pinball smiled to himself, sticking his hand up, which the cat promptly licked. "Stay still, Zomekko," he murmered, sticking his hands back in his pockets. The cat stretched out across his shoulders, its paws dangling from either side. 

@Neopolitan

There was far more people here than she would've cared to party with. Enough that she was certain they wouldn't even be able to all take on the beasts at once. Perhaps they could split if they felt it would speed their search up, but in the end it didn't matter that much to her. Should there not be enough room she wouldn't mind being separate from the rest of the party. She knew she could be self sufficient at this floor and didn't have much in the way of support skills to give to others. If she did end up dead, then at least she could join vanilla in whatever afterlife there may be. Either she would escape this game and get revenge on the creator of this game for causing her death or die and join the friends she had forgotten.

Neo followed the group out, noticing the lack of a party invite. She had the quest in her own inventory though, so she knew it would still count. The quest didn't require her to have possession of the hoya, just to reach its location.There would be a couple of monsters in the way, but that would be no match for her. She realized then that she did recognize one of them, the one she had coordinated cooking with during the latest raid. She had a feeling that they would be able to easily handle themselves, though that probably went for most of the people here. If she had to guess, she was probably the third or fourth highest in level. Of course, she knew level didn't mean everything in this game.

@Kataware

• 2 weeks later...

Kataware decided to ignore Dustin’s flirt as he obviously singled her out for being compatible with him by ignoring the other two girls, the Neapolitan-colored player and Rithe, as well as the only other male in the group, who Kataware noticed had a cat in a bottle. She thought the exact opposite, they might as well be butting heads already. “I’m not too sure about that.”

As they were about to head out, Kataware was a bit disappointed at the lack of a party invite, not understanding how disorganized something like this could be. “Okay, since no one’s organizing this, I guess I am. We’ll need to break up into two parties since there is five of us here. Since I’m a tank, I’ll be willing to go with either party. However, you guys have to decide your own things or draw lots.” Kataware looked over the group, trying to gauge each member’s strength. Her main concern, other than the lack of coordination, would have been that this could have been an elaborate trap. Four random people end up joining, possibly in a pre-coordinated party while keeping the fifth member in the dark. A PK trap for any player simply looking for allies. Although, she did have to admit, at least they all had green cursors.

As the group settled that issue, Kataware went over to the cat that was on the unnamed boy’s shoulders and started trying to pet it. Kataware looked at the little familiar’s eyes, and noticed how they were pure white while it seemed as if the rest of the cat was made out of shadows. She put out a single finger, letting the scratch sniff it and pet itself with the appendage if it chose to.

@Dustin @Rithe @Pinball @Neopolitan

"Oh, you're a tank." He says, with a slight tone of disappointment. It's not that the player hates tanks, he thinks they're good people. He was disappointed that not everyone was gonna have fun this evening. "I think we should all have fun on this quest, so I'll go without the tank." He says. After this he instantly felt selfish. He basically said that he was willing to risk his team dying because he wanted to have some extra fun and shook his head. "I hate fighting with tanks because I fell like I'm taking all of the fun for myself." He says, rubbing the back of his head. "I have no preference about who I'm fighting with." He says, looking around. The player was ready for the coming battle once the parties were decided. "Does anyone have any ideas about how to split up this huge group? I'd prefer to fight with a DPS player." He says. Dustin's fighting style was all about damage in a short amount of time, so he wanted to make sure he got to have fun in the coming fight. "I do as much damage as possible as fast as possible, so I work best with tanks, but I can't help but feel guilty with tanks around." He says, looking around the group. Even with the lots of armor on one, the one with the shadow cat, and the one who decided she was just gonna use her fists even though she had a dagger, the one who had the most of Dustin's attention was the girl who didn't say a word.

@Rithe

The group began discussion about party composition, confusing Rithe. We're thinking about this too much. She wanted to speak up and give her opinion, but she felt like her voice would just be drowned out by the two talkative players. She looks helplessly over to the quieter members of the group, wondering what they were going to say about the situation at hand.  "I'm not all that strong, but I can heal to some extent.." She says, finally managing to offer her thoughts. She looks over at a shadow cat perched on the deceptively weak player (Pinball). That player. He doesn't have any gear. But why can't I shake the feeling that he knows what he's doing? Rithe shrugs it off, and goes back to churning strategies around in her mind. A tank should stick with the weaker players. By that token, Kataware should stick with cat-jar boy and I. Besides, Dustin seems interested in the pink haired girl.  "How about you two..." She says quietly, pointed at Dustin and Neopolitan,  "And us three.." Gesturing to herself, Kataware, and Pinball. 

@Dustin @Rithe @Pinball @Neopolitan

Pinball walked along quietly, nervously trying to work up the courage to join the conversation. The sandy-haired boy seemed confident, and so did the shorter, brown-haired girl. The black-haired girl and Neopolitan seemed more his speed, so he slowed to walk alongside them, hands buried in his pockets. 
It was then that the group seemed to start discussing groups. Or, that's what he thought he heard - Pinball had been daydreaming and wasn't paying much attention. Some frontliner, he scolded himself, and then shook his head. 
"I guess I should probably put on some kind of armor," he mumbled quietly, glancing at Rithe as he did. His hands swiped the air, opening up his menu. He slowed down, hoping that the people he had been walking beside hadn't caught sight of his level. In an instantaneous flash of blue light, and his makeshift leather half-plate armor was equipped. The breastplate, shoulder and knee pads were completely covered in cuts and slashes, the once light-brown boots having tanned a much darker shade. 
He hesitated another second, and then tapped another button. Another short flash of blue light, and he now wore a fluffy white snow-jacket that looked much too hot for this floor. Strangely, he looked much more at ease with it on. 
He shrugged to Rithe, looking at Dustin for confirmation. "Wherever you need me.

Equipped: 
[T1 - Perfect Light Armor] Leather Armor of the Amatuer Duelist: +3 EVA 

@Neopolitan

As everyone made their preparations, Neo just went along with the group. As the girl named Rithe suggested she party with Dustin, Neo gave a nod towards her and sent Dustin a party invite. They may have said that they don't like to feel like they're taking the glory. That certainly wouldn't happen if she decided to go all out. At this floor though, she would probably end up just holding back and seeing what the others could do. If there was going to be a problem with people surviving she would step in and try to finish the beast off. Knowing her fellow cook, they might be doing the same thing as well. They came to her about cooking for the raid, so they were at least a high enough level to be respected by the front liners if not fighting on the front lines themselves. There shouldn't be an issue with anyone dying, unless people decided to be idiots.

@Dustin@Rithe@Kataware@Pinball

Kataware’s opinion on Dustin was going further down and down. First of all, Dustin, the main organizer of this group was being wishy-washy as he kept droning on and actually contradicting his earlier statements. Secondly, she felt a bit personally attacked. Although she did offer being in either party, however, it seemed clear that after their little exchange, Dustin had planned to avoid her as much as possible. “Dustin, do you have a preference or not? Be clear.”

Rithe then suggested the party being split among the five of them. The trio was planned to be Zomekko’s owner, Rithe, and Katawaware while the duo would be Dustin and then the Neapolitan-themed girl. Kataware had no objections and decided to just Rithe’s judgement upon her decisions. “Good idea. It’ll be Zomekko’s owner, Rithe, and I in one party while Dustin and the Neapolitan-themed girl in the other party.” Kataware wasn’t sure if she should be the one who sent the party invite, after all, Rithe ended up being the one suggesting said party divisions. “Anyone object?”

@Dustin