[OP|F03] Tavern talk (PK accessible)

Dustin walks into a tavern on the third floor. “It’s kind of weird, I love this floor but hate the next one up. How could they be so different?” He says to the bartender, Roger. Roger is 6’8” and has long black hair and a black shirt and pants. But that isn’t all, he has no shoes on. “Mister Roger sir, why do you not have shoes? The floor in this bar is wood.” Dustin brings up and points to Roger’s feet. “Because it’s super comfortable.” The bartender responds, having been asked the same question numerous times.

In the bar there are many tables, all circular with 4 chairs around each. Near the door there are flowers and a coat and weapon rack. These are more for aesthetic than anything else, but they do make the tavern feel more real. To the left of the door near the wall is a bar, where Dustin sits. At the end of this bar there is a board, with every quest in Aincrad accessible at the time posted on the board. The bar has a list of every item on the menu, all at the end. Having checked the place out, Dustin pulls up his menu and send a message to a friend. 

Spoiler

Come check out the sunset tavern on the third floor, It’s super nice. Also, invite friends.

He closes his inventory and turns to the shoeless man once again, “If I can get twenty people in here we all get free drinks.” Dustin challenges. “No, most I’ll do is half off.” He returns. The brown haired boy shakes hands with the black haired bartender and stands outside shouting for people to come in for drinks, half off.

@Neopolitan

Edited by Dustin

Neo was in her shop when a mail notification came her way. She originally dismissed it, preferring to work her sorrows away. Once she was done with cooking for the day though, she decided to open it up. Inside was an invitation to come to an inn on the third floor. Figuring she might as well help the kid get a party going, she decided she would make her way there and message a few friends along the way. Once everything was squared away in her shop, she closed up and left the order request form out in case anyone made one while she was gone. She slowly made her way back towards the main town on her floor while sending messages to people she knew. Though hesitant to send a few of them, she figured she could dip out and not arrive if she didn't want to see them

Spoiler

@Sunova

Got an invite to an inn on the third floor. Figured I'd invite you and Hazado along. First round of drinks is on me when I get there, you might beat me to it.

Your silent Friend,

Neo

Spoiler

@Hazado

Got an invite to an inn on the third floor. Figured I'd invite you and Su along. First round of drinks is on me when I get there, you might beat me to it.

Your silent Friend,

Neopolitan

Haz walked around on floor 16 a bit as he did his normal thing there, It was a place where Hazado went just to get his mind calm again. It took not long as he got a message, Haz swum to the side of the beach again and opened the message. Reading it careful Haz nodded to himself and equip a white suit with a green tie. He opened his Menu to send Neo a response just to let her know he is coming.

Spoiler

@Neopolitan

Sup Neo, I'm On my way now Just need to get out of floor sixteen, AGAIN and I will be there. I won't take long I hope so I see you there soon.

Hazado

He then went to the teleporter, "Floor 3" He sais before his vision became white and he was teleported to floor three. Seems Like this tavern is not far away from here, maybe Neo and Su are already there, So let's not let them wait, He thought walking his way to the tavern. Once at the entrance he sees a boy standing outside shouting something about having more people would end up getting half pay, The boy was surely younger than him and about 4 inches smaller them him, "Good day Kid," he said in a British accent, Yeah he did this many times before speaking in English interest of Japanese but he had his reason. "See you trying to get people in, Can I ask something, Is there a quiet Girl inside with two colored hair?" He asked the boy in front of him.

@Dustin

Dustin looks at the tall man. “Huh? You mean Neo?” He asks, tilting his head. “I invited her, but I’m not sure if she’s in there yet. She does tend to be quiet.” He rubs his chin. “Almost like ice cream.” He says, squinting his eyes in suspicion. He looks up at the man. “Think about it, you never hear ice cream coming. It’s always just there.” He says. Dustin, having not had ice cream, has no idea what he is talking about. “I wouldn’t know though, the ice cream goddess has never graced me with her presence.” He says, thinking about his statement for a moment. “Not Neo, god no. I’ve never had ice cream.” He says, pulling down his hood. “Well any friend of neo’s is an acquaintance of me.” He smiles wide, pointing to himself. “The name’s Dustin, and this is my sword, Fury’s hand. I sleep with her sometimes.” He whispers, hugging his sword.

@Hazado

Su was quite happy moving around on floor two doing some shopping on her own, she was quite calm for a first and wanted to do something. at that point, Su jumped as she heard a ping from a message. "ooh Just a message," she opened the menu and went to the message tap, Mmp ooh From Neo, let's see, Tavern with Haz as well. Does he ever get his change to pay Neo back, Sunova thought before going to the teleporter and to floor three.

Once of floor three Su followed the cords and then ended up at a tavern, she was two guy standing there a both had brown hair on was taller than the other and was wearing a white suit, and the other looked like a real adventurer. WAIT, HAZ... Yep, Tall Brown hair and the English speaking, that is Haz, so where is Neo. She thought before moving to the two guys, "Hello there Person and Haz, How are you doing," Su said looking up at both the guys yes they were quite tall for her, almost about two feet higher than her. "So if there something going on here Haz, and where is Neo did you see her already I really want to see her, I really do," Sunova said with quite a lot of energy. She smiled at the other guy and waved at him "Hye! The name is Sunova," she said quickly.

@Hazado@Dustin@Neopolitan

Neo arrived at the teleporter, and prepared to put in the coordinates for floor 3. She still wasn't sure about whether or not it was a good idea to go to the party, but maybe she would be able to make some reconciliations with those she knew. With the location entered, a flash of light engulfed her vision. As the light faded, Neo found herself surrounded by people once again. Being in one of the more secluded floors, she wasn't as used to there being crowds. It still wasn't that many more people, but enough to make her uncomfortable. She walked her way around the town, looking for the inn until finally finding it. She slowly walked up towards the entrance, mind racing as to whether or not she would show her face at the event. She found herself standing in the doorway, her short shadow being cast along the ground.

Maybe just see if someone recognizes me. I can just leave if they don't want to talk to me. I've been mean to them, but she looks so much like her. test

@Sunova@Hazado@Dustin

Roger walks to Dustin, still cleaning a cup. Looks like it’s full price for the drinks you had.” He says, eyeballing Dustin. He moves his gaze over to the shorter man and smiles. Welcome to my tavern, come inside, have a drink.” He gives a warming smile and steps to the side, motioning his hand through the doors. Your drinks will be half off.” Roger smiles at Dustin, patting him on the head.

Dustin glares up at the bartender and squints. He looks over to the short girl and points to the two super tall guys. “Why are y’all people so mean?” He asks, smiling. The boy wanted to make a new friend, so he was nice to everyone. Roger was one of his only player friends. “Let’s all go inside, get our half off drinks.” He says, looking at Roger, towering over the whole group. “You guys go ahead, I’m gonna message someone else.” He says, pulling up his menu.

Spoiler

To: @Cosi

Come down to sunset tavern. It’s awesome.

Spoiler

To: @Hestia

Come on down to sunset tavern, drinks’ll be on me.

Dustin closes his menu and sees the two colored girl and walks over to her. He grabs her arm and starts to pull her towards the tavern. “You are a dignified mute, now stand up straight, keep your mouth shut, and come on.” He says, patting her on the head and pushing her into the tavern.

@Neopolitan @Sunova @Hazado

Su looks around to see if she sees Neo anywhere and then her eyes meet her best friend. "Neo, yeah you are here," she says walking up to Neo and giving her a hug. "I'm happy you are here Neo, I missed you, I have not seen you for a long time," She says letting go of the hug and taking Neo's arm to one of the tables at the tavern. As she sits down she smiles at Neo very happy, she was happy that both her friends were here. "Hey, Big softy... Haz get over here Or do I need to Push you," She says standing up and walking over to Haz and pulls him to the same table as Neo, sadly there where only two chair for this table and she smiles at them both, "Go sit down I grab another chair," she says leaving the two with each other as she grabs a chair.

It took Su not long for her to take another chair and she moves it to the table and sits on it, She puts both her legs crossed on the chair and sit there very happy. What to talk about what to talk about, She thought as she scratches her head. Su really did look like a young child even more so with two older players and both of them being taller than he. "Um, Neo can I say something, I really love that you invited me here, maybe Haz does even more then me, but that is okay right?" she said,  "So It has been a long time sees we all were in one spot, How have you all been?" Su asks.

@Hazado

@Neopolitan

"Nice to meet you, Dustin, So you are the one making people come here?" he asked Dustin. Hazado liked it that people would do things like this but always ended up with something else to do, but this time it seems like a good long party was going to happen. Haz looked at the boy for a bit before hearing a familiar voice and that could only be one as Neo was quiet al the time, looking at the voice he was the small girl walking up, "Hello there Su, you are here too it seems," He said a bit trying to ignore her teasing.

@Dustin

as they went inside He looked only back to see that Neo was pushed inside the tavern, Must be that Dustin guy doing, he thought. He looks at how Su was totally moving up to Neo and going in for the hug, it was the thing she would do so taking that away would be very hard. Then Su drags Neo to a table and yells to him to get there as well, He walks up to them and takes the last seat, "And what about..." he was going to say before Su was off getting another chair. He looked back at Neo, "Um... he Neo, So how have you been doing?" he asks her in a bit of a nervous tone for no reason he would know. Before he could ask anymore Su came.

And the first thing that she said was, of course, meant to tease him, out of a reaction Haz slapped her in the back of the head, "Stop..." he said looking a bit of angry tone in his voice, "No teasing... For real, I will kick you, Su," he said as he then turned back to the rest of the table, "So... Yeah like Su did say, thanks for asking us to come but this is going on your tab for paybacks I need to give you, Trust me once we are out of this game I will pay everything back, I have the money, Don't know about the movement though," he said turning his way to his current Col that he had with him, It was not much but he just did not want to stay in debt with Neo

@Neopolitan@Sunova

Neo was about to turn away and leave the tavern when the host dragged her inside. From there, everything was a whirlwind of people greeting her. There wasn't that many people here, but it still felt like dozens were greeting her. As Su gave her hug, the almost customary greeting from her it seemed, Neo was met with the reminder of her white hair and kind attitude. It still pained her to know how similar the two were, but she did manage to give back a weak hug of her own. It was hard to give a smile, but hopefully no one would notice that she wasn't right now.

As Su took Neo towards one of the table, she was greeted with Haz once more, always being his charming self. She gave a so-so gesture to him in response to his first question. She wasn't feeling good at all, but didn't want to worry anyone that much. They were here to party, not deal with whatever emotional baggage people had. Neo gave a soft, silent laugh as the two of them teased each other. There was so much that was familiar, yet everything felt off. There was so much that she was used to, but the memories she now bore cast everything in this game into a different light.

@Hazado @Sunova

It was already getting late afternoon when Hei received a message from a player he had crafted some cloth for, who had heard about a party going on in the sunset tavern. Hei who had not been to a party for quite some time and liked taverns, no matter if there was a party or not, decided that he would pay this tavern a visit. - So if I go and crash some party, I might as well ask Saphira if she'd like to come with me - he thought while he walked through the hanger and the rooms above, looking for some casual but still classy clothing.
Realizing he did not own something like that, he walked down the stairs into the workshop of his home and quickly crafted some new cloths for himself. He replaced the shorts he normally wore with long dark trousers and got a white shirt and a black vest. Now he was ready for the party, or at least looked like he was ready. Quickly he opened his menu and switched to the message tab to sent a notification to @Saphira

Hey Saphira,
I just learned about a party in the sunset tavern on the third floor.
Would you like to accompany me there? In case you don't have the right cloth, just come to my place, I'll quickly craft some for you.

Hei.

Roger looks to the player who appears to be colored like ice cream and hands her a drink. “I’m sure you already know how annoying Dustin can be, but he means well.” The man winks at her and looks at Dustin, who stares at her, his eyes filled with sorrow. He appears to be sorry for forcing her to be there and Roger recognized this look. “Last time he had that look was 2 years ago, a week or two after the game started. The first time I met him.” The man’s words carry over to Dustin, breaking his stare as he motions for Roger to stop telling the story. “It was right after...” He continues, getting cut off by Dustin diving over the counter and tackling Roger, who dropped a cup. “She probably doesn’t want to hear that story.” He whispers, still behind the counter. Dustin stands up and gives everyone a fake smile and a thumbs up. As he puts his cloak on and sits in the corner by himself. It’s been exactly two years since it happened, so Dustin decided to try and drown the memory away with a party, but Roger made that plan incredibly difficult. So Dustin sat alone, Drinking his ale and looking out the window at the sky.

The player’s cloak covered everything but his mouth, which appeared to be the least interested in the party. He wanted more people to show up, but he couldn’t force people to be there. His hand moves up and pulls the hood forward, completely hiding his eyes in the shadow. Now that his eyes had disappeared, one might be confused by the tears streaming down his face, if they didn’t know he was a player, they might think he was a quest giver. All he wanted to do now was forget, but he knows he has to remember, so he can tell his mother about what a great man her son was before he died. “I’ll make sure to tell her, Kadin.” He says in his corner of the tavern. Roger continues to serve his drinks and Dustin continues to sulk in the corner. The pair had been on too many adventures together to think either could stop the other. Though the bartender had outgrown the adventurer, he still missed their journeys. “All he wants is a friend to adventure with him. He gets lonely out in the field. After his depression, he came to me a changed man, but every year, today, he comes back and sulks in that corner.” Roger says to the nearest player.

Edited by Dustin

Saphira lay in her bed and hugged er plush raven as she heared the bell sound of a message. Hoping, that the message was from Hei she opened her menue, the message really was from Hei and fast she start to read it. - A party, huh? I think I was only once before at a party and I really dont have any sort of clothes for a party. - she thought - Also I am not sure, that sort of clothes I should wear at a party... - she thought some time about it then she stood up and made her way over to Hei's shop to tell him, what he should craft for her.
- Hey honey - She greeted Hei after she had entered the shop - You look really good - she said as she looked at him and then she kissed him. - You said, that if I don't have anything for the party you would craft me something...would you craft me a black-whit skirt, black boots with buckles and fishnet tights? - Saphira asked Hei with a little smile.
A little bit later she had put on her new clothes - Thank you honey - she said with a bright smile and then she asked him - Uhhm...What do you think about it? -

• 2 weeks later...

Saphira had followed his invitation, and soon she arrived at the hanger, greeting him and kissing him. Before she could go on, Hei said "Nice to see you sweetie. You look good as well, but you probably want to have something else made for the party, am I right?" he asked, and his girlfriend quickly replied, that she wanted him to craft a skirt, some boots and tights for her. Hei who had not been sure what type of cloth she would choose, had already searched his materials and so he quickly found the right fabrics to craft what she was looking for.

As the items would be normal cloth without enhancements, Hei asked her to stand in front of him, so he would be able to take measurement, as items he crafted like that always fit a little better than what the automated fitting module of the game was able to do. With this done, he shortly left her with Huatli, as he had to craft the clothes for her. When he returned he held the items in hand, smiled at her and said  "Here you go. how about you quickly change and let me have a look". She thanked him and quickly changed, then with a bright smile, asked him what he thought about it. "You look beautiful, and the cloth look good too." Hei said, as he made a big step towards her and hugged her.

Now that both of them had cloth fitting for a party, Hei decided, that he would leave Huatli back at home, as the small raptor probably wouldn't fit in there, and he was pretty sure that she would get bored quickly, and he knew his familiar well enough to know, that that wouldn't be good. So after feeding Huatli he walked back over to Saphira and said "How about we go. we don't want to miss the party" and still a little shy grabbed her hand. Holding hands, the two walked out of the hanger and towards the teleporter, where Hei quickly teleported to the third floor with her. @Saphira

• 2 months later...

Roger moves into the back of the tavern, pulling out a cake, “Let me tell you all why Dustin came here in the first place.” The cake was huge, and vibrant. It was almost obvious it was the boy’s birthday and this was his cake. “He doesn’t tell anyone when it happens. It just reminds him of his brother. I brought cake this year though, so eat up.” He sets the cake on the counter and looks worriedly over to the boy in the corner.

Dustin stands up and walks over to Roger. “What’s the cake for?” He asks. “Why it’s for you tiny.” He pats the boy on the head. He turns and moves back behind the bar and starts to clean more cups, putting them back on the shelves. “Remember, all the drinks are free today, so drink up.” He smiles at the brown haired boy with a boring brown cloak covering most of his body.

Dustin moves back to the bar and grabs a cup. “Your finest scotch.” He says, like he was a rich fellow with the money to pay for it on any other day. Dustin smiles at his old friend, “You were so awesome back in the day, swinging your mighty axe, kicking butt and taking names. Why’d you give it up?” He tilts his head. The borderline giant spins and smiles at the boy. “I got me a lady. Also, you weren’t so bad yourself, you just need to work on keeping yourself in check.” He chuckles loudly.

Riker's head lifted, his soft cocoa-colored fur brushing along her leg. At the sudden movement, Lessa glanced away from the menu she had been studying. "What's up?" she asked her familiar, who was tucked neatly between the legs of her chair. The wolf's ears swiveled slightly, honing in on certain sounds coming from the tavern's opposite side. Then he heaved a great sigh, and collapsed back to the floor, seemingly bored with his surroundings. Lessa, however, gazed past the various patrons and toward the commotion.

It was the cake she noticed first, it's vibrant colors putting the dull tavern's decor to shame. Cries of birthdays and celebration wafted back to her, and the small smile formed before she even knew what was happening. After so much hardship, and so many years of pain, little moments such as this brought her such pleasure. When was the last time she had celebrated a birthday, or played witness to such an occasion? The sight warmed her more thoroughly than the hot apple cider steaming, half-finished, in her mug.

"I'll be right back," she informed her companion, carefully standing to avoid stepping on him. If Riker heard her, or cared, he gave no indication. With just as much caution, the blonde picked her way through the crowd. It was easier to move in her casual clothes than in her bulky armor, and she was thankful she'd changed into black slacks and a pink hooded sweatshirt.

Perhaps it was a little forward, barging in like this, but the thought of being involved in such a celebration tugged at her heart. So she slowed to a halt before the cake, and glanced toward the two nearest players. "I couldn't help but notice the cake," she said, by way of greeting. With a warm smile plastered across her lightly flushed face, she added, "Happy birthday!"

@Dustin

Edited by Lessa

Arabelle had no idea what she was doing here. She didn't come for the alcohol, or whatever comforts it gave to people who somehow still get drunk when they've had a drink or two. It was already common knowledge that players' mental states can't be affected by consumable items! Not in the family-friendly death game of Sword Art Online where the greatest offense to the PG-15 rating was probably fanservice. And death. But the latter was unimportant. The important people never died anyway.

Maybe she came here with some morbid curiosity as to what actually happened in these types of places. It was well into the afternoon and unfortunately, there were no loud "drunks" or fistfights. Yet.

Boring.

Arabelle groaned and slammed her head against the table. She turned to the side, her cheek resting on the bar's wooden surface as she looked lazily at the glass of orange juice she'd bought. A terrible idea sprung up in her mind. If I'm already legal age and taverns are for drinking and Claude's not around to get mad at me and remind me about his policy about buying alcoholic drinks even though they're basically the same thing as soft drinks in-game... The small purple-haired girl whose unaging in-game avatar made her appear fourteen suddenly sat upright and slapped both her cheeks. "No. Bad Arabelle," she reprimanded herself. 

Then she was slumped on the table again. Absentmindedly, she sent her friend a PM asking her to come over.

I'm busy with my shop. Ask someone else.

"Ughhhh. Shiro-chan, you're a terrible friend! Not just terrible. The worst! You're the worst I've ever had!" Arabelle exclaimed. Of course, she meant none of it. It was a joke that she often brought up in their playful banters, what with Mishiro's dull, serious personality. Then she realized that she'd said that out loud and turned red. She looked around at the other people in the tavern and forced her cute, innocent expression back on. "Ahahaha. Sorry about that. Nothing to see here." She turned back to her drink, red-faced. It was time to leave.

That was when the sound of people talking reached her ears. She lifted her head to look in their general direction. And lo and behold, the guildmates she hadn't yet cared to interact with were there! Lovely coincidence! And they had... cake? Arabelle stood, taking her orange juice (which made her look like a lost little kid), and padded over to them. There was the kid who gave her a cookie. Then that shy kid she went on a few dates with. The vice leader of the guild and his quiet girlfriend. And...three other women she didn't recognize. It only took a few moments of listening to grasp the context. She inched forward, moving to Dustin's side, and tapped him on the shoulder. "Hey, guildie! Happy birthday~!" Then she gave him one of her sweetest smiles. "So, how are you going to divide the cake?"

@Dustin