[PP - F03] Overstaying the already <<Worn Out Welcome>>(with Seul)

Some things she didn't understand. And some things she understood a little too well. Rithe stands in her room at her inn of choice, staring blankly at her statistics in the menu. "What does this even mean.." She mumbles quietly before sitting down on her bed and closing the menu. She looks at her arms, despite them being intentionally hidden by her over-sized leather jacket. Shaking her head, she prepares to head out for the day. I wonder what's going on in Aincrad today. Leaving the inn, the sun indicated to her that it was midday.. I slept longer than I thought. She thought, somewhat sheepishly. Rithe walks about aimlessly in the Starting City, trying to find a task that would be ultimately beneficial to her. She stops at the noticeboard out of principle, and finds a 'relatively easy' quest for the third floor. It has some combat, but it shouldn't be anymore dangerous than the Nepenthes that Zuel and I faced. "This much, I think I can do.. Probably." She says with limited determination. After all, she had a grand total of zero weapon skills.

(Rithe's stability at the start of this thread: 97%)

Edited by Rithe

Soft beams of afternoon sunlight trickled in through cracks in the forest canopy. With the summer season still in effect Seul welcomed any and all shade that trees on the third floor were willing to provide. Over the past few months he had taken to wandering the lower floors. Being nearly invincible against the common mobs in these areas meant he could live a relatively peaceful life outside of the game’s settlements; the stained cursor above his head acting as a clear indicator for why he might find such a scenario so desirable. It had been months since the incident, but even now the consequences of his actions that day remain.

Today would mark a new beginning though. Living in exile served as a good method for erasing his sense of purpose. In a world ruled by swords, Seul no longer had a reason to swing his blade. That had to change, but finding a new reason to live wouldn’t be so simple. At least not on his own anyway. Only through working with others would he be able to overcome whatever challenges lied ahead.  That much was clear. For now that meant maybe just doing a quest or two with those who needed help. If memory served there was a simple mission on this floor involving an armorsmithing couple based on the outskirts of Delilah. It would only be a matter of time before someone showed up there, so that seemed like a good place to start. If nothing else, it’d let him dust off Gratitude and remove any rust his sword arm might have gained from weeks of disuse. 

---

"Hello?"

The shop's door slowly creaked open before Seul stepped inside. It was just like how he remembered... Which actually wasn't saying much considering he barely remembered the first time he did this quest. To his surprise Griswold and Hanna were nowhere to be seen though. Maybe they were taking a lunch break? Did NPCs even take breaks? 

Finding the teleport platform was provsing to be a challenge for Rithe, as her sense of direction was abysmal at best. She somehow ended up at her shop, despite traveling in the exact opposite direction. At least I know where I am now. Oriented by her shop, she travels successfully to the teleporter at last. Standing on top of the platform, she calls out,  "Delilah Village, floor three." Light envelops her body, as she is whisked away to her destination by the cardinal system. The floor revealed itself as the light fades away, the aesthetic catching her eye. If there is one thing I can say about this game, it's that it's beautiful. She looks around and basks in the scenery. The elven citizens, the flowers, the sky... She sighs, relaxed. Everything here has a calming feel to it. Now where is this blacksmith.. After some time, she arrives outside the smithy, pushing the door open, and almost walking into someone. She jumps, startled, and looks at the man standing just within the doorway. "Are you here for the quest too?" She asks, not having noticed this player's orange cursor yet. "Where is the shopkeep?" Where are my manners..? "Sorry.. my name's Rithe." she says warmly, smiling gently. 

• 1 month later...

Before any further investigation could be done the shop’s door opened once again. It was neither crafter back from whatever outing they embarked on but instead a girl who seemed rather flustered by his presence. Was that supposed to be a compliment or an insult? He chose the latter.

Haven't seen her before.

Like rapid fire from a machine gun question after question was shot at him before ending with an introduction. A soft gaze rested on Rithe's form as she spoke; at least she was smart enough to pick up on his reason for being there and the missing NPCs. Despite her perception a half-hearted shrug was the best Seul could do in response to any inquiries with what limited information he possessed.

“Dunno where they went; they're probably out on a date or something. Might as well get comfortable if you plan on taking the quest… It could be a while.”

Rithe frowns slightly and nods. "Hopefully they get back soon." She turns to him briefly, having analyzed some of his character from the way he responded to her. He doesn't seem to be the sociable type. She sits down on a bench in the shop, looking through her inventory. "Still so far to go.." She sighs, somewhat discouraged. I'm not nearly strong enough. At this rate I'll still be the one that everyone has to protect. She glances at the other player, curious, but quickly turns back to her menu. I wonder what he's doing here. She had a feeling that this person was strong, perhaps it was his equipment, or perhaps it was the way he carried himself. Someone who is weak wouldn't talk that way, especially to someone they've never met. She began piecing together theories about him from the single sentence he spoke to her. No one, under normal circumstances, would communicate to someone so dismissively unless they were absolutely confident that they were stronger. After all, he has no clue as to whether or not I'm stronger than him. She almost laughed at this. No. I'm sure he can tell. "So what are you here for?" Somehow, she couldn't see him taking this quest. It was after all far below his level (if her assumptions were correct).