[PP - F02] Lost and out of sight <<Let There Be Light>> (With Zuel)

Urbus, the primary settlement of floor 2, while noticeably smaller than The Town of Beginnings, was still a massive city. Rithe was made aware of this fact as she stumbled about the city, looking for the teleport pad. She was just looking for some materials on the floor, and was discouraged after finding nothing, deciding to go back to her inn of choice back on floor 1. But luck was not with her, Urbus proving to be just as much of a maze as every other place she had ever ventured to. Somehow, she found herself back at the marketplace, despite all her efforts. She pouted, frowning for a brief moment before turning her head towards the sound of someone rushing up to her. Defensively, Rithe backs away from the frantic woman, who seems to be drawn to Rithe for some inane reason. The worried NPC explains the situation, telling Rithe about her missing child, as a quest menu appears before her. It's just an NPC. I'm sure her child as gotten 'lost' hundreds of times. Skeptical, Rithe peruses her inventory, glancing at the quest menu quickly, and sighing. I think this one has combat too. But I'm far too weak to handle this on my own. She notices Zuel's name in her friends list, pausing her train of thought. She pulls at the pendant around her neck, looking at the gem. He's done so much for me. I don't want to keep asking him for help over and over again... She looks back at the NPC, frowning. Maybe I could just refuse the quest... But unfortunately she wouldn't get the chance to, as her hand accidentally bumped into the Quest Accept button. Uh.. Oops. She facepalms, exasperated. Well I guess I have no choice now. She opens a message box, and sends him an invitation. 

Spoiler

Subject: A quest?

I accidentally accepted a quest somehow, and I don't think I can do it by myself. Could you help me out, one more time? Sorry for the trouble.

Edited by Rithe

Zuel was in his blacksmithing shop hammering away as he wiped the sweat from his forehead as his message icon would pop up. After cleaning up a bit he would open it seeing it was from Rithe, wondering what was wrong since they had just completed a quest together not to long ago. After reading the message he would close up his should and gather his things heading off to Urbus. He could see her location by looking on his friends list so he knew where to head. He would send her a quick reply to let her know that he was coming before getting to the teleportation platform. After wandering around Urbus for a bit he would spot Rithe and walk up to her patting her on the shoulder to let her know that he had arrived giving her a nod and smile. "It looks like you have leveled up a bit since our last meeting. Mind sharing the quest with me?" He would open his skill menu checking his new skills and abilities as he would accept the quest after she would share it with him reading it over before nodding. "Alright, Ready to go?"

Spoiler

Message to Rithe

Yeah no problem, I will head to you know just finishing up at the shop. See you soon.

Edited by Zuel

Receiving a message back rather quickly, she finds somewhere to sit, a cozy park bench being a prime spot. A few moments later, she starts as she is pat on the shoulder. "Oh, it's you." She smiles comfortably. "I may have leveled a bit, but I'm still a bit too weak to take care of myself." She mentions sheepishly. She just smiles in response to his question, "I'm never ready, haha~" And with that confusing answer, she leads the way out of the city towards the cavern mentioned in the quest details. What exactly do we need to do again? Save a kid? "According to the quest log, we may have to fight two separate monsters that are about as strong as the wasp queen we fought the other day." She says somewhat anxiously. "Do you think we can do this? Apparently it's extremely dark in the caves." Which might make fighting a little more difficult...

• 2 weeks later...

Zuel would look over the quest reading it for a bit as he seemed pretty focus as if he was thinking about a lot of different things before looking back to Rithe. "It doesn't seem like this will be much of a problem for us honestly. Our equipment and skills are more than enough to handle this quest without any risk to us. I don't think the cave of the darkness will give us much trouble as well." Zuel would open his map as the location the cave for the quest had been marked so they could begin to make their way there. "You don't have to be anxious, you can trust me." To him he had already planned the entire quest in his head already and calculated their probability for success so it was clear that Zuel was confident by how calm he was. This was a good chance for him to test our his new sword skills as well as get a few exp. Zuel would lead them to the outskirts of Urbus before following the road toward the entrance of the cave. "So have you decided what kind of role you want to take yet? I doubt you want to sit on the sidelines and support forever."

Rithe looks sidelong at her companion, raising an eyebrow when he mentions that the quest should be easy.  "I wish I had your enthusiasm." She mumbles, looking at her feet while they walk. The walk itself was pleasant enough, the scenery of floor two drawing her attention from the fighting soon to come. She looks at Zuel, noticing him checking his map. That's probably for the best. Wouldn't want me leading the expedition... She shudders, remembering her fiasco on the first floor. Rithe would typically be forming strategies in her head at this point, but she lacked the actual in-the-moment knowledge of the quest. After I see what I'm up against, I should be able to put something together.  "Role..? Well, I've recently acquired a new weapon.." She says, pulling out some length of black cloth with crimson symbols etched in and delicately wrapping her hands in it.  "Hopefully, with these, I can do more than heal." she states, somewhat confident. They arrive at the cave entrance, and Rithe turns to Zuel. "I'm not going to let myself be useless anymore." She says with a determined smile.

Rithe equips <<Runic Animosity>>

Zuel would occasionally look over to Rithe as she would show him her knew weapon. A bit surprised that a cloth could be used as a weapon in a game that is called Sword Art Online. "Interesting, What made you want to use your fist to fight in a game where there is all kind of weapons?"  Zuel would ask as they approached the cave entrance. He would look to his companion as he would place his hand on her head. "I never thought of you as useless before. You are a lot stronger than you know." Zuel would enter the cave being a bit cautions not knowing where the first encounter would be. As they entered they would be affected by the debuff of the cave causing them to lose -1 accuracy, just as the quest had stated.  Zuel would reach back grabbing Rithe's hand leading her through the cave as he tried to navigate through the dark corridors as they would enter a larger area. Zuel would look around sure that this is were they would encounter the first bat as he looked up his eyes were met with a pair that where glowing red as it was a giant bat hanging upside down above the two. The bat would open its giants wings at it would take flight circling the two before stopping flying over the two as Zuel would stand out in front drawing its attention as he prepared for battle.

The two entered the cave cautiously, visibility beginning to diminish the further they went in.  "Remember our fight with the Nepenthes?" She represses a shudder as the memory resurfaces. Those things were immeasurably disgusting.  "I wanted to use my fists ever since I killed that one Nepent with a lucky punch. But there was also this player that I met, and she used Martial Arts to great effect." Rithe looks down at her wrapped hands, almost discouraged.  "But I'm not ready for the skill, yet." I want to convince myself that this is the path I want to take. She looks up at Zuel, flustered by his hand on her head.  "If you say so.." she says, her face getting a bit warm. She follows after Zuel into the darkness, holding onto his hand as the darkness envelops them. Red eyes, blink open ahead of them, startling Rithe. She was vaguely aware of a large shape moving in the shadows, the red eyes shifting positions. Rithe lets go of Zuel's hand to put her fists up in a combat stance. 

Spoiler

ID# 106050 results:

Battle: 8 - 1 = 7 (hit) 3 final damage

MOB: 2(miss)

[Hate: 1] Rithe: 240/240 HP 23/24 EN (-1 EN)

[Hate: 0] Zuel: 280/280 HP 28/28 EN

^Players have -1 accuracy

Giant Bat: 47/50 HP | 20 DMG

Edited by Rithe
combat!

Zuel would be ready to attack as the Bat would come swooping in as Zuel would jump to the side to dodge the attack as the Bat would come full circle ready to come at him again. Zuel would get into his stance as he was ready to attack but was surprised as Rithe would run passed him toward the back landing a nice attack on it with her fists. Zuel would smirk at Rithe's progress. Not wanting her to have all the Hate on the bat, Zuel would charger forward preparing to land an attack on the bat as well. Leaping into the air to get a better vantage point on the bat Zuel would bring his sword downward slashing through the bat causing it to retaliate by flying a bit higher out of their reach for a moment as it would cry out from the attack of their party. Zuel would once again take the vanguard trying to draw its attention onto him so Rithe wouldn't take any unnecessary damage as he would continue to keep a close eye on the bat not to lose sight of it in the darkness. 

Spoiler

ID# 106051 results:

Battle: 8 + 2 - 1 = 9 (hit) (5 damage)

[Hate: 1] Rithe: 240/240 HP 24/24 EN

[Hate: 1] Zuel: 280/280 HP 28/28 EN

Giant Bat: 42/50 HP | 20 DMG (-5)

Edited by Zuel

The bat came swooping in, looking to sink its fangs into Rithe's ally. But it was interrupted by a jab to the head, sending it off course. Yes, eyes on me. I have the armor, I should be the one to take the hits. Rithe couldn't see the animal, but she could hear it, relying on the sound its wings make as it maneuvers around the battlefield. Hopefully I don't hit Zuel by accident. She heard some commotion, perhaps her companion was launching an attack of his own. She notices a strange squeaking sound, and assumes that her companion was successful in hitting it, noticing red eyes retreating to a higher altitude. Rithe tries throwing a rock at it, to get its attention, and unfortunately for her, this works. It soars straight for her, running directly into her fist. But because of its momentum, it knocks Rithe over, causing her to crash into a stalagmite. The beast retreats while she coughs, the wind taken out of her lungs by the hit. 

Spoiler

ID# 106052 results:

Battle: 8 - 1 = 7 (hit) 3 final damage

MOB: 9(critical hit) 20 base damage + 1 crit - 9 mitigation = 12 final damage

[Hate: 2] Rithe: 228/240 HP 23/24 EN (+1 -1 EN)

[Hate: 1] Zuel: 280/280 HP 28/28 EN

Giant Bat: 39/50 HP | 20 DMG

Edited by Rithe
combat!!

It was too dark to see and Zuel lost sight of the bat as it would soar higher into the darkness. Moments later Zuel would hear its wings flapping through the air as it went straight for Rithe managing to hit her sending her back as she was able to also land a hit in as well. Zuel would quickly react to the exchange not letting the bat retreat quick enough to get out of his attack range as he lunged forward hoping to land a hit on it. As the bat had its back turned trying to fly away Zuel took the opportunity to land a critical hit from behind, driving his sword through the back of the bats wing, great wounding the bat as it cried out once again having a hard time staying in the air from the powerful attack. Zuel would quickly rush over to RIthe trying to support her up a bit. "Are you okay?" Zuel would help her to her feet as he would stand in front of her so she could catch her breath as he kept his focus on the bat, ready for its next attack.

Spoiler

ID# 106053 results:

Battle: 10 (+ 2 Critical) (Base 5 + 2 = 7 damage)

[Hate: 2] Rithe: 228/240 HP 23/24 EN 

[Hate: 3] Zuel: 280/280 HP 27/28 EN (+2 hate) (+1 EN, -1 EN)

Giant Bat: 32/50 HP | 20 DMG (-7 HP)

Edited by Zuel

"Oww." Rithe complains once she can draw breath. She takes Zuel's hand and stands up fully, glancing at her HP bar. Nothing I can't handle. "I'll be okay. I should have assumed that a punch wouldn't stop something that big in an instant." How did I forget about momentum? It would take a lot of mass and speed to make it slow down. She notices a weaker flapping of the beasts wings, indicating that Zuel had been successful in wounding it further. She almost grins, as she does the math in her head. Now it won't be able to move as fast. "I can take the damage, so I don't want you going out in front of me, just because. I can handle it." She says, wincing slightly from the dulled pain in her gut. The bat returned down from its 'rally' point and swoops after Rithe's ally. But, having learned her mistake, Rithe punches the monster perpendicular to the direction of its travel. sending it off course again. She notices that the bleed status effect was applied to her opponent, and turns to Zuel. "Hit it once, and it's as good as dead."

Spoiler

ID# 106054 results:

Battle: 9 - 1 = 8(still a critical hit) 4 final damage + bleed

MOB: 5(miss)

[Hate: 4] Rithe: 228/240 HP 23/24 EN (+1 -1 EN)

[Hate: 3] Zuel: 280/280 HP 27/28 EN 

Giant Bat: 16/50 HP | 20 DMG (-12 HP Bleed) 1 turn left of bleeding

Edited by Rithe
combat

Zuel would look to the bat and notice the bleed effect on it as well as its health would drop to red. Zuel would nod to Rithe as the injured bat would struggle to fly but in a way was a bit more dangerous because it had become almost enraged. It would manage to lift itself higher into the air trying to get some distance between the two but Zuel would rush towards it without hesitation as He would get into range of the bat ready to finish it off. Leaping into the air once again to become leveled with the bat Zuel would strike downwards on the Bats other wing causing him to slash right through it, causing the bat to slam into the ground. With Zuel's hit all he had to do was wait for the bleed to take effect and the bat would be finished off, meaning they had already one the battle as He would Sheath his sword returning to Rithe. "It's all yours." Zuel would fold his arms as he watched Rithe. 

Spoiler

ID# 106055 results:

Battle: 5 + 2 - 1 = 6 (Hit) (Base 5 Damage)

[Hate: 4] Rithe: 228/240 HP 23/24 EN

[Hate: 4] Zuel: 280/280 HP 27/28 EN (+1 -1 EN) (+1 Hate)

Giant Bat: 11/50 HP | 20 DMG (-12 HP Bleed) 1 turn left of bleeding (-5 HP)

Edited by Zuel

She watches as her ally slams the monster into the stone beneath her feet. The bat struggles to right itself, its red eyes locking onto the larger warrior. It wanted to kill this player, desperately, but it knew that it didn't have too much time to live. "Thanks." She says quietly, walking over to the monster slowly. She was unconcerned about the danger it still held, believing that it was going to die in short order. The bat's red eyes never wavered from Zuel, despite Rithe ominously walking threateningly towards it. These wraps. They have a lot power for something so simple. She seems pleased by the effect that her weapon has had, now stopping right next to the crippled beast and staring down at it. It shifts weakly and finally looks up at Rithe. She raises one foot and stomps it directly onto the monster's head, holding it onto the ground as the bleed effect ran its course. The monster turns to pixels, and she looks back over to Zuel. "I think that there's only one more."

Spoiler

ID# 106056 results:

Battle: 10 - 1 = 9(still a super-critical) 5 final damage + bleed

MOB: 1(miss)

[Hate: 6] Rithe: 228/240 HP 23/24 EN (+1 -1 EN)

[Hate: 4] Zuel: 280/280 HP 27/28 EN (+1 -1 EN)

Giant Bat: -6/50 HP | 20 DMG (-12 HP Bleed) 1 more turn of bleed.(slain)

Edited by Rithe
combat

Zuel would watch curiously as Rithe would do something that Zuel thought was a bit out of character for Rithe but doesn't question it since any time spent in this death game could change someone. Just as the bat would disappear a little girl would come out behind a couple of rocks and had witnessed the entire fight. She would rush over to Zuel's side hiding behind his leg as she would look over at Rithe. Zuel, a bit surprised would look down at the girl then over to Rithe. "This must be the girl that quest wants us to find. We should be careful I am sure the other bat will be close by if they have us already rescuing her." Zuel would look around cautiously expecting something to happen but it would just be silent in the dark cave as all you could hear were the little sniffles from the crying child. "Whatever the case we should probably head out of here." Zuel would begin to walk back toward the way they came, the little girl following close behind as she wouldn't let go of his jacket, still weary of Rithe. 

Rithe looks around herself. The environment was still quite dark, but a child should be noticeable somewhere among the rock formations. Why do I have to do this again? She thinks, before remembering her accidental acceptance of the quest. Then the little girl in question rushes over to Zuel, hiding behind him. "It certainly seems like it... Let's try and get out of here quickly. Hopefully we won't have to fight another one if we're fast enough." Even while saying this, Rithe was skeptical. It wouldn't be listed on the quest log, if we didn't have to fight it. Rithe follows behind Zuel, trying to make sure that the second bat can't sneak up on them. Where is it? Where is it hiding? Rithe doesn't seem to notice the wary looks of her companion and the child, focusing more on being aware of her surroundings. During their escape from the cave, not once did Rithe ever consider the safety of the little girl. As though she wasn't part of the equation while Rithe analyzes strategies for fighting the next monster.

Edited by Rithe

Zuel would continue to walk as they neared the end of the cave a loud screech could be heard from deep within it. The little girl would cower in fear rushing behind a few rocks before Zuel would draw his sword ready for the last bat to come out. After a few moments the giants bat would fly through the cave above their heads. It eyes were glowing red as it fixated its attention to Zuel enraged at the death of the other bat. fortunately they hadn't really taken much damage from the last battle and were pretty healthy to take on another bat with the same stats. Zuel thought this would be the time to test out his new sword skills. He would ready his blade as the bat began to swoop down to attack. Zuel sword began to glow bright as the bat continued toward him however the bright glow of his sword frighten the bat causing it to steer off course completely missing Zuel. Zuel would notice as he slash his sword anyway missing the bat as well. He would turn its attention toward it as it flew by taking flight back into the darkness.

Spoiler

ID# 106057 results:

Battle: 4 + 2 - 1 = 5 (Miss)

MOB: 2 (Miss)

[Hate: 0] Rithe: 228/240 HP 24/24 EN 

[Hate: 0] Zuel: 280/280 HP 26/28 EN (-2 EN)

Giant Bat: 50/50 HP | 20 DMG

Edited by Zuel

A screech broke Rithe's concentration, causing her to jump, startled. Here it comes. She frowns, upset that they weren't able to escape before it could find them. Just my luck... She ducks as the monster buffets the air with its wings, trying to attack Zuel and failing. She notices and dismisses the child running off to the side, cracking her knuckles and stepping forward. "If I can get another good hit, it might start bleeding again." With that in mind, Rithe waits as the bat retreats from her companion, almost running into her. She quickly tries to throw a punch, but the bat flaps its wings in her face, disorienting her and retreating further into the darkness. Rithe, giving it no time to catch a breather tries to pursue it, and ends up running into the wall of the cavern, losing sight of the beast. "I lost it, it might be headed back your way." She calls out, trying to be helpful. 

Spoiler

ID# 106061 results:

Battle: 4 - 1 = 3(miss)

[Hate: 0] Rithe: 228/240 HP 22/24 EN  (-2 EN)

[Hate: 0] Zuel: 280/280 HP 26/28 EN 

Giant Bat: 50/50 HP | 20 DMG

Edited by Rithe
combat!

The bat would continue to soar through the top part of the cave being careful to not get to close to Rithe and Zuel until it was time for attack giving them little opportunity to go on the offensive themselves but having to wait for a counter attack. Zuel would wait patiently knowing that attack in the dark would prove useless and leave himself open for an attack as he listen for the bat. The little girl would be sobbing behind the rock that she was using for cover which made it a bit difficult but fortunately he could hear the bat flying toward as it emerged from the darkness trying to attack Zuel once again. Unfortunately Zuel had noticed to late that the bat was right above him as it came down slashing him on the chest as Zuel's failed to activate his sword skill from the damage. However Zuel's thorns on his chest manage to return some damage back to the bat causing the creature to retreat once again. Zuel guarded himself as he put his back against the rock that the little girl was hiding behind to protect her if it choose to attack again right away.

Spoiler

ID# 106163 results:

Battle: 1 (Critical Miss)

MOB: 8 (Hit)

[Hate: 0] Rithe: 228/240 HP 22/24 EN 

[Hate: 1] Zuel: 260/280 HP 25/28 EN (+1, -2 EN) (-20 HP)

Giant Bat: 32/50 HP | 20 DMG (-18 HP from thorns)

Edited by Zuel

"Zuel!" She calls out, noticing his health bar decrease from the attack. He's fine. The bat almost killed itself attacking him anyways. What was I so worried about? He can certainly take care of himself. As usual, I just end up getting in the way. Rithe frowns a little, but shakes the emotion off and runs in after the monster. Zuel was still protecting the child for reasons that Rithe didn't understand, but she tried to take that into account anyways when making her attack. It seemed as though the bat was targeting the guardian of the child for some reason. If this is inevitably the case then if I just wait until it lines him up for another attack, I should be able to get the drop on it. Rithe prepares herself as the beast flaps around in the darkness. It suddenly changes its course and rushes Zuel. Rithe, listening carefully, notices the impending attack and snaps into action, giving the monster a crushing uppercut that sends it careening into the stalactites above. Just as before, the bleed effect activates. "Same as before! Hit it once, and it will bleed out!" She shouts over to Zuel, not sure of where he is in relation to her because of the suffocating darkness.

Spoiler

ID# 106165 results:

Battle: 9 -1 = 8(still a critical hit) 3 base damage + 1 crit = 4 damage + bleed effect.

[Hate: 2] Rithe: 228/240 HP 22/24 EN (+1 -1 EN)

[Hate: 1] Zuel: 260/280 HP 25/28 EN 

Giant Bat: 28/50 HP | 20 DMG (2 turns of bleed left)

Edited by Rithe
combat!

Zuel would watch as Rithe created the perfect opportunity for them to finish off the last bat and finally finish this quest. As the bat was bleeding it took a lot of damage and one attack from Zuel would likely be enough to finish it off. He readied his sword and prepared to unleash a sword skill on the bat as it was distracted from Rithe's attack. He would rush forward getting in rage as his sword began to glow bright as he began to active the skill. The bat would turn to Zuel notice he was preparing to attack and retaliated with an attack of his own charging right at Rithe in a rage from the bleeding effect causing it pain trying to outrange Zuel's sword skill. The bat would notice Zuel's attack coming and if it continued its corse to attack Rithe it would certainly be killed by Zuel's sword skill. The bad would change directions at the last second causing both attack to miss completely as it fly upward into the darkness to attempt to hide again.

Spoiler

ID# 106289 results:

Battle: 2 (Miss)

MOB: 3 (Miss)

[Hate: 2] Rithe: 228/240 HP 22/24 EN 

[Hate: 1] Zuel: 260/280 HP 24/28 EN (+1 EN -2 EN)

Giant Bat: 16/50 HP | 20 DMG (1 turns of bleed left)

Edited by Zuel