[F21 - PP] Another Day, Another Grind <<Nature's Treasure>>

Though Neo was still trying to get over her own issues, she was trying to put them behind her. She decided it would be best if she could start working towards getting gear for when she eventually reached the front lines. Though it was possible that she could get it from the crafters, she knew that there were some very powerful ablities that could only be achieved from merchants identifying items. Grabbing her fishing equipment, Neo made her way to the twenty-first floor to go for a fishing trip. Figuring it would be best if she could also bring someone along with her, Neo posted a notice on the player boards.

Mid-level player looking to gather in safe spot on twenty-first floor, anyone welcome to join

With the public request sent out, Neo decided to wait for a bit and seeif anyone responded. If no one did shortly, then she would head out on her own to get some fishing done.

@Dustin

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dustin saw a request and smiled. “This oughta be good, I’ve never gone fishing before.” He says, grabbing a fishing pole and walking towards the teleport gate. He teleports to the twenty first floor and smiles. This is my opportunity to get some materials. He walks up to the girl that stuck out the most. The two colored hair. It drew him in, like a moth to a flame. The girls color scheme seemed familiar to the boy. Is she? Is she ice cream? A huge smile crosses his face. He runs over and hugs her out of nowhere. “Are you ice cream?” He steps back and rubs his chin. “You can’t be ice cream, I know when you’re coming.” He says, standing up straight. “Anyways, let’s go, I’ve got places to be.” The boy smiles at the girl and walks forward. He waves forward motioning her to follow.

@Neopolitan

Neo didn't have to wait too long for someone to come to her by the message board. She rolled her eyes and shook her head at their question. As ridiculous as this person was, at least it would be someone to go gathering with. She took the lead from him, and began to guide him towards the spot she was lead to a while back when she had met a high level player for gathering. It felt a little bit like passing down a torch. Though she wasn't that high of a level, she did realize it was a passing of information. Perhaps she could give some of her insights to them. Of course, they didn't seem to be the type to listen to reason. 

This will certainly be an interesting time. Perhaps there will be some amusement while we gather. If not, let's just hope that we can make good progress while I try to find equipment for myself.

@Dustin

Dustin looks at the silent girl and smiles. "Not the talking type I guess. It's cool, I'll just talk twice as much." He smiles. He had no idea why he felt it, but he felt like he was gonna have a lot of fun. The boy's hair, still covered by his cloak, falls above his eyes. He turns and walks towards the edge of town, humming his favorite song as he walks. He dances, still making his way to the edge of town. His sword on his back and his head nodding, Dustin makes his way to the edge of the town and holds his arms out to either side. "All of this will be mine one day." He sighs and drops his arms. His brother would've loved this floor and Dustin can't help but get sad. Of course it was also his brother's birthday, so he had a lot more trouble with the day than any other day of the year. "This has to get done quickly, or I'll break down." He says, pulling his cloak off.

@Neopolitan

Fishing:

• CD 1-4: Nothing seems to be biting...
  • CD 5-6: 1 Material fished up!
  • CD 7-8: 2 Materials fished up!
  • CD 9-10: 3 Materials fished up!
  • CD 11: 4 Materials fished up!
  • CD 12 (LD 15+; otherwise 4 mats): Treasure Chest fished up!

It didn't take too long, but Neo guided the player to her fishing spot, sending a party invite while making her way there. As far as she knew, there wasn't any dangers, but it would be good to be able to keep track of their health bar while they were outside of a safe zone. Should something, or someone, actually attack them while they were out there Neo didn't want another person's blood on her hands. Arriving at the spot, Neo sat down and cast her line in. It ws likely that this place was getting fished to death, so she didn't expect anything to bite for a little while. Perhaps the other player would talk themselves out of breath so she could get some silence. If not, hopefully they wouldn't bother her too much. Perhaps their idle chatter would serve to keep her mind from wandering to more sorrowful topics.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #105673

CD: 3 - nothing

Totals: nothing yet

@Dustin

Dustin pulls out his ice cream and takes the first bite. His face appears to fill with joy, as this is the first time he ever tried ice cream. Real ice cream, not that stupid frozen yogurt, which he liked but it wasn't the same. "This is the best thing I've ever eaten. It's absolutely amazing." His eyes begin to water and he keeps eating, but the smile had disappeared. I was supposed to try ice cream with Kadin, but he died, so I was never gonna eat it. He continues to eat it and finishes it, setting the bowl down gently. "No one ever told me it was this good, I can't believe I had never tried that before." He continues, his face still blank as he talks. It almost seems like he doesn't have the energy for emotions on this adventure. He slides up to a rock near the girl, who looks like his ice cream and smiles, closing his eyes and his face turns upwards. "I wasn't supposed to eat that, but I couldn't help myself, it just seemed so delicious and it was." He looks at her and thinks, looking at the lake. "I'll let you get back to your quiet time. Sorry for bothering you."

-<<Cream of Ice>>

+2 LD

@Neopolitan

Edited by Dustin

(OOC: You actually have +2 LD. I crafted you a rare instead of just an uncommon.)

Fishing:

Neo smiled as she was able to let someone enjoy her own cooking. At least, she was pretty sure that was the correct term. Her smile faded though as she felt a rather large tug on her line. There was a struggle as she tried to reel in the fish. She was still trying to figure out the best way to do it. After fighting the line for a couple minutes, she was able to finally bring the fish into shore. She collected it as it turned into materials, and tossed them behind her. She was starting a pile for them to split up later. Though it wasn't impossible that he may make off with everything he could, she hoped that she could trust them. If they really wanted to steal from her, she could attack them back and likely take them out. That wouldn't be a good gesture if they got away, but perhaps the threat of it would be enough.

No need to tell them now. We'll see how things work out for the moment.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #105914

CD: 12 - 4 mats/chest

LD: 1 + 2 = 3 - no chest

Total: 4x T3 Mats

@Dustin

Dustin stands up and lazily looks around, as he was never any good at finding stuff. But he does find a material and walks over to it. "Hey, I wasn’t expecting to find one so soon. This is weird, usually I go a whole day without finding anything.” He says, His voice was still empty and dead, like he was sad or even missed someone. He begins to wonder what will happen if he finds a mimic. I hate stupid mimics, they frickin suck. His mind plans out every attack he could think of if there was a mimic. I could activate a sword art, but I don't feel like equipping my sword right now. I'll do it if there is a mimic. He spins around and laughs. "I was worried about finding mimics. I have no idea why I'm so worried, I still could kill a mimic on this floor." He says, smiling towards the girl. The boy was obviously faking a smile and his statement was pure bravado, to try to distract himself from his thoughts of his brother. None of which were good and all we're him blaming Dustin for his death.

Action: Search for treasure chest

ID: 105915

LD: 17 + 2 = 19 (Materials found)

+2 T3 materials

(2 total)

@Neopolitan

Edited by Dustin

Fishing:

Neo continued to throw out her line, and managed to reel in a couple of small fish. They weren't worth much, but it would start stacking up the pile of materials that would be collecting between the two of them. As Dustin talked about his worries for a mimic, Neo couldn't help but roll her eyes. Though she knew there couldn't be any mimics spawning in this area, she also knew that they were lying through their teeth. Taking a short break from fishing, she quickly sent a message to Dustin. She knew that this would end up incurring what would likely be more questions, but she did wish to poke a little fun at him. It wasn't every day she could be the teasing type. Was this how Caramel had felt whenever she bullied Neo?

Spoiler

Dustin,

Don't worry about your pride. Mimics don't spawn in this area. You don't have to worry about fighting anything up here anyways. Nothing comes to this place unless you attack it first.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #105959

CD: 7 - 2 mats

Total: 8x T3 Mats

@Dustin

Dustin smiles at the girl. She’s seemed to be cool, aside from the no talking thing. “That wasn’t one hundred percent bravado, just like eighty.” He chuckles. He enjoyed her presence. It was definitely better than gathering materials alone. “If you want, I can be quiet too. Nowhere near as successful as you, but I can try.” He remarks, trying not to bring up why she is mute, in case it was a sore subject. He looks around for materials and sighs. This is what it’s usually like. Nothing good for me to get. Just a stupid lake and a stupid field. There’s not even monsters. I’ll just have to gather like Pick always did. The player turns to the girl and tilts his head. Fishing looks so much more fun than gathering, I hate this it’s always against me. The system is dumb and I hate it. He puts his hands in his pockets and leans on a rock. 

Spoiler

ID:105963

LD:4 + 2 = 6 (fail)

(2 total)

@Neopolitan

Edited by Dustin

Fishing:

Neo shrugged at Dustin's offer of silence as she reeled in a moderate sized fish. They seemed to be coming a little bit easier now. Maybe they just needed to be drawn in with a little bit of bait. Not that she was using any. Maybe there was a way to use extra bait to help with fishing. Neo had only seen someone else fishing a couple of times and they didn't seem to use anything special. Perhaps there was something with the environment after all. This place was full of fish and didn't even need to end. It seemed that Dustin was begrudgingly trying to gather materials to keep up with her. It brought back memories of the first time she had come here with Shield. He was fishing up chests left and right and all she could do was gather what she could. She planned to be as generous as he was with materials, though this time it wasn't so much to help the raid effort. This time it was more of a way to pay it forward, as if this game hadn't made her do that enough already.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #105964

CD: 7 - 2 mats

Total: 10x T3 Mats

@Dustin

Dustin looks around, hoping to see a material. His eyes pan across the field around him when he sees a small plant that is entirely out of place. "It's not even trying to hide." He says, pushing himself off of the ground to his feet. He begins to walk towards it but sees it's a small cluster of two flowers. "Two for one deal?" He asks. He bends down and picks up the materials. This was unusual for this player, but he didn't care. All he needed these materials for was when he became a better blacksmith so he could help even some of the frontline players. Or, if he were to somehow make it to the frontlines. That is his dream, however, though he is very tenacious, he isn't the best when it comes to tactical thinking. He's a good fighter, just not good with plans and big coordinated fights.

Spoiler

ID: 106146

LD: 20 + 2 = 22

+2 T3 Materials

4 total

@Neopolitan

Edited by Dustin

Fishing:

With the fish already starting to bite more and Dustin going his own way to gather some materials, Neo just sat back and did her best to reel in some fish. It took a bit longer this time to catch one, but it did eventually turn up a small catch of two more materials. She debated about starting to make sushi in her restaurant, but figured most people wouldn't want it. A theme change could be interesting, but she would want to have a good reason to change the theme. Perhaps she could get a bard to come join the place and help make things a bit more lively. It could certainly help to bring in more customers. That was assuming people would actually want to listen to the music as well as come for the food. Regardless, it would certainly help to cast away the loneliness she had without another friend.

@Dustin

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106157

CD: 8 - 2 mats

Total: 14x T3 mats

Dustin looks around yet again. He appeared to be doing better so the ice cream did its job. "Hey, thanks for bringing me out here. I never would've gotten any materials if it weren't for you." He gives her a huge smile with a thumbs up on the side. His eyes flick right and he sees a material pretty close to the girl. He lets out a small chuckle and moves over to it. He grabs it and looks as two materials move to his inventory and he moves over to a nearby rock. He drops his body down and his head falls back. His eyes shut and he begins to fall asleep. Hey Dustin, I'm just gonna congratulate you on being the worlds biggest IDIOT! He jolts awake. He looks around, trying to recuperate and smiles standing up. "It appears I fell asleep." He says to the girl, who he was sure had noticed.

Spoiler

ID: 106179

LD: 19 + 2 = 21

+2 T3 Materials

6 total

@Neopolitan

Edited by Dustin

Fishing:

• CD 1-4: Nothing seems to be biting...

Neo just shrugged to Dustin thanking her for bringing him along. She really didn't mind, the materials were more just a bonus for her anyways. There was a need for them, sure, but she was really seeking after some of the unidentified gear. Information brokers had been telling her that if she got them identified by a merchant she could possibly get some rather unique enhancements. That was what she wanted. Of course, she wouldn't be able to use them for some time, but it would be useful to have them when she got to that level. Dustin seemed to have fallen asleep for a little bit, but she let him keep sleeping. There wasn't any fish biting for the time being, so there was no sense in rushing him. Once he jolted awake, Neo just gave a knowing smile and turned back towards the small lake to wait for a fish to bite on her line.

@Dustin

Dustin looked around and noticed a small object way in the distance and stood up. Stretching on the way up he almost falls backwards, but he regains his balance and begins to rub his eyes. "Hey, how long was I out?" He says with a groggy and tired voice. He moves towards the materials in the distance and pick up one. One material is okay I guess, but I wish I had more. He thinks of anyway he can to get more materials quicker when it suddenly clicks. Even though chances are he couldn't pull it off by himself, he could try to kill a monster at this level. On this floor it is sure to drop loot. "Do you know of any ways to get a monster to spawn around here? I'd rather be doing that than walking around and talking to a wall." He kicks a small rock and looks at her. "Sorry, I'm sure you have your reasons to be quiet." He drops his shoulders. Now I feel bad for two reasons.

Spoiler

ID: 106220

LD: 10 + 2 = 12

+1 T3 Materials

7 total

@Neopolitan

Edited by Dustin

Fishing:

Neo shrugged to Dustin, she wasn't really keeping track of the time and there was no sun to point them in the right direction for it. As they went out to collect some more materials, she reeled in a fish and set it in the pile that was slowly growing higher. Shaking her head at his next question, not knowing how to get a monster to spawn in here, she cast her line out once more. It was probably quite possible to get a monster to spawn here, but she didn't know nor particularly care how. It certainly wasn't the most lucrative way to gain resources and they could very likely die trying. Maybe if their health dropped low enough she would come and help. But for now she was content just staying at the side of the lake and fishing her worries away. She shrugged once more to Dustin's closing statement. At least they weren't the type to push her into speaking.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106231

CD: 6 - 1 mat

Total: 18x T3 Mats

@Dustin

Dustin looks around for any monsters or any loot. His eyes land on the girl as he had done a full turn around and found nothing. Maybe if I try and look harder. Wait, that doesn’t work in real life or this game. He sits on the ground and looks at the water. “It sure is beautiful on this floor. Nothing compared to the third floor, but it’s nice up here.” He remarks, looking up at the sky as he lays back, his head not far from the girl who is currently fishing. This floor is too strong for me, but I could handle it if I had one more player my level up here. Maybe even if someone slightly under my level was with me. his mind begins to flood with ideas on how he could kill the monsters on this floor. Whether it be outsmarting the system, or just lucking out and killing them on the critical hits. Usually it ends up being the former, but he prefers the latter. Nothing’s more fun than gambling with your life.

ID: 106232

LD: 4+2=6

fail

7 total

@Neopolitan

Edited by Dustin

Fishing:

It was being a rather dull moment of fishing for now, though Dustin did come back towards her. It seemed as though he was eager for a fight. She debated to offer him a very lopsided duel, but decided against it. There was no point in wasting time on a duel, not while she was sitting here fishing. Who knew when she would manage to fish up a treasure chest. Could happen in seconds, could take until the end of the fishing trip. Either way, she was fairly certain that she would be able to sit here and relax with the small possibility of watching a fight break out. It wouldn't be the smartest move for him to make, risking his own life, but it would be an interesting one to watch. There was of course the small possibility she misjudged their strength, but that has yet to be proven.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106237

CD: 1 - nothing

Total: 18x T3 Mats

@Dustin

Dustin heard a noise in an area a little to the south of them. His upper body shoots up and he stands up looking around. His sword is drawn and he runs towards the noise in a blur, his sword glowing blue. When he sees what it is, he moves into the sight of the other player, not even realizing he has done so. When the monster reaches up to attack, Dustin moves in. His sword comes up at an angle and he spins. Upon completing the spin, he drops his sword down forming a V mark in the chest of the monster. The lightning swirling the blade moves onto the goblin and it doesn’t move. Its arm in the air like it’s about to attack, Dustin chuckles a bit. He had never paralyzed an enemy before, but he liked it. It made it easier to attack when he needed it. “You want some ma’am? I’ll gladly let you have a go at him.” He shouts across the area to the girl.

Spoiler

ID: 106242

BD: 9

Small Crit Vertical Arc on Goblin

5 + 1 = 6 x 4 = 24 DMG

220 - 24 = 196 HP

Goblin is paralyzed

Dustin: 200/200 HP | 16/20 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 PAR | 1 EVA | BH: 2

Goblin: 196/220 HP | 66 DMG

@Neopolitan

Edited by Dustin