[F21 - PP] Another Day, Another Grind <<Nature's Treasure>>

Neo watched as Dustin went to chug a potion and narrowly miss being skewered by the goblin attacking him. Figuring that was her cue to start making her way towards the fight, she did so. There was still no opening for her to attack, but if Dustin was smart he would try to switch out with her. She could take aggro away from the creature and let Dustin either keep attacking, chugging potions, or run away. At this point she didn't care which, as long as he was alive and had learned his lesson about engaging in combat without preparation she was fine. Roman remained on her shoulder for the time being and she was able to make a rough plan with him. She was hoping to make a stab that would knock back the goblin far enough so that it wouldn't be able to catch up if Dustin started running. Roman could assist with that if he made a patch of ice for the goblin to slip on. With a plan ready to execute, Neo began to charge up her attack.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #107748

BD: 3 + 2 = 5 - miss (sorry)

CD: 4 - no recovery

[H: ?] @Dustin: 89/200 HP | 2/20 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 9-10 Para | 1 EVA | BH: 2

[H: 0] @Neopolitan 440/440 HP | 42/44 EN | 7 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 9-10 Para | 9-10/12 BLD | 2 REC

Goblin: 132/220 HP | 66 DMG

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dustin sees the girl charge up her attack and in a split second can’t decide on what to do. If I run, and she ends up getting hurt, it’ll be my fault. But if I stay, I’ll die. Guaranteed. He sees the goblin move for an attack and he turns quickly and dashes in the other direction. He moves faster than he had ever moved before, faster than most people can think. He darts across the field and tries to stop short of the lake but hits a rock and tumbled into the water. “Damn it’s cold.” He swims to the edge and climbs onto shore. He looks down and groans. “My socks are wet.” He kicks the water standing up and sitting on a rock to watch the woman fight. I do hope she can use that rapier, I’d rather not have to sit here while she does the work, but she could get seriously hurt, and I already am. He smiles as he watches, hoping to see an exciting battle. There always more fun to be in, but sometimes watching fights is fun too. His face morphs into a frown as he pulls out a cookie and starts to eat it.

Spoiler

ID: 107786

LD: 18

(Dustin runs away)

@Neopolitan

Edited by Dustin

As soon as Dustin had turned around, Neo set her plan into motion. Roman leapt off of her shoulder and immediately went behind the goblin to start making a patch of ice. Once Dustin had gotten past her, she quickly lashed out with the  first thrust. It landed on the foot of the goblin, knocking it off balance and letting her second thrust to the chest knock him over. Once he was down on the ground, Neo gave the third thrust with an angle to make the monster slide across the ice Roman had made. She jumped towards them and landed the fourth and final thrust downward to shatter the ice against its back. She watched as its health bar quickly dropped much further than before. The beast itself gave little to no resistance as Neo prepared for another strike. Hopefully Dustin would make sure to stay back now that the goblin was going to focus on her.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #107788

BD: 8 + 2 = 9 - hit (7 * 8 = 56 damage)

CD: 6 -  recovery

BD: 5 - miss

[H: ?] @Dustin: 89/200 HP | 2/20 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 9-10 Para | 1 EVA | BH: 2

[H: 1] @Neopolitan 440/440 HP | 42/44 EN | 7 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 9-10 Para | 9-10/12 BLD | 2 REC

Goblin: 76/220 HP | 66 DMG

Dustin smiles as he watches her attack the goblin with a barrage of thrusts to the most calculated points on the body. He claps but drops his cookie and frowns. Dang, that was the best cookie I’d had in months too. His eyes dart around the field and he smiles when the land on a small brown box. He moves over to it and looks at it. I still don’t know how to open these. It’d be nice if this game had some kind of tutorial that tells you exactly what you need to get these open. He pulls out a bag of gummy bears and starts to eat them while thinking of a way to get into the box. “Maybe if they came with keys it would be easier. But I guess I’ll have to try to figure it out on my own.” He says with a mouth full of gummy bears. He sits on the chest and watches the woman fight some more.

Spoiler

ID: 107793

LD: 19

Treasure Chest found

@Neopolitan

Edited by Dustin

Neo glanced behind her as Dustin was able to find himself a chest while snacking on some food items. Though she didn't like that he was being so non-chalant about the fight now that his life wasn't in danger, it was understandable for someone so reckless to enjoy violence so much. Her distraction was all the goblin needed though as it quickly stabbed her with it's rather small balde. Her health dropped a little bit, but it wasn't too much. Neo quickly returned the favor, stabbing the Goblin back onto the ice and knocking it to the grond. It wasn't going to be too much longer before it was dead. She could barely see the health it had left now, so it was likley only one shot away from dying. Roman also came down to help by slowing the goblin down with its ice breath, trying to freeze the goblin in place for her next attack. She didn't want to miss, but it was entirely possible.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #1078

BD: 5 + 2 = 7 - hit (7 * 8 = 56 damage)

CD: 8 - recovery

MD: 10 - major critical hit (66 + 2 - 14 = 54 damage)

[H: 1] @Neopolitan 386/440 HP | 37/44 EN | 7 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 9-10 Para | 9-10/12 BLD | 2 REC

Goblin: 20/220 HP | 66 DMG

@Dustin

Dustin looked at the box and tilts his head. “Open!” His voice rings through the field. Damn, that didn’t work. Maybe if I just poke it. He reaches out slowly and cautiously. His eyes look at the box full of joy until his finger meets the box. At that point his excitement drains as his eyes look lifeless towards the box. “That didn’t work either, I guess I’ll just watch the fight.” He walks towards a rock to sit down again. On his way, the toe of his foot catches the box and the box flips open. Are you kidding me? This is how I open it? Also, now I’m falling. His body makes a thud as he slams into the ground. He pushes himself to his feet hoping the woman didn’t see him humiliate himself. God, that was embarrassing, I’ll just grab the loot and watch the fight. He pulls up the loot and sits on a rock. He smiles, but then thinks for a minute. I forced that fight onto her. I don’t deserve to be called a warrior, or even a person. His face morphs into a blank stare. I’m a monster. He turns and sits against the rock. He throws his snacks in pure anger. He turns and kicks the rock.

Spoiler

ID: 107838

LD: 9

(1575)Col, (3) T3 materials, (2) T3 rare consumables

@Neopolitan

Edited by Dustin

Neo heard some rather interesting exclamations coming from behind her, but didn't want to take her eyes off of her foe. She let her sword art charge up and let loose against the grounded goblin. Though this attack was weaker, it was still enough to take it out. As her blade struck for the third time, the monster shattered into several pixels. There was little in the way of rewards from it, but at least Dustin was safe now. Neo turned back towards Dustin to see him picking himself up. It seemed the yelling was just him falling over. She gave a silent sigh of relief that he was going to be alive and quickly sent a message towards him. Hopefully he wouldn't be endangering himself like this any time soon.

@Dustin

I hope you've learned your lesson about engaging with a foe you don't know on a floor much higher than you would normally be.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #107901

BD: 6 + 2 = 8 - hit (7 * 3 = 21 damage)

CD: 10 - recovery

MD: 10 - major critical hit

[H: 3] @Neopolitan 386/440 HP | 38/44 EN | 7 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 9-10 Para | 9-10/12 BLD | 2 REC

Goblin: 0/220 HP | 66 DMG

Loot: ID: #107903 | LD: 16 | CD: 1 | 1420 Col, 3 T3 Mats

Totals: Will tally next post

Dustin reads the message and runs to the girl with a smile on his face. “I’m only done fighting when I’m dead.” He says, pointing to his chest with his thumb. “No way in hell am I letting a bad situation keep me down, if that were to happen then I’d be weak.” He says, with a straight face, almost beginning to look like a pouting face. He takes a bite of his cookie and smiles again. The boy appeared to be a child with not a care in the world. “You can’t make friends if you’re always sad or lonely, and there’s 10,000 other friends in this game with us, so why let it get us down? If we do, then we let Kayaba win.” He spins and begins to walk back to his spot to sit down, pulling out a whole box of rice balls and smiles. “Anyways, it’s lunch time. I brought extra if you need any food.” He says, taking a bite of the first rice ball. Nothing compared to that ice cream stuff, but it’s still good. Besides, I can’t let people see how good ice cream is, then there’ll be less for me. He finishes his rice ball.

@Neopolitan

With the goblin dead and Dustin seemingly unphased, Neo returned to her fishing. She cast her line out and decided to pull out a little food of her own. She didn't really bother to respond to Dustin, she didn't want to blow up at him for taking on something that was clearly out of his league. The sandwich she had brought with her was quickly finished off and she moved onto the neapolitan ice cream sandwich she had made as well. It was nothing like the taste she got from home, but at least it did something to remind her of home.

I guess that's another reason Vanilla came, give me a reason not to lose myself in this game. We both paid the price for that one, though her cost was steeper than mine. I swear I'll get vengeance for you one day. I will find who killed you and make them pay for what they've done.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #108279

CD: 4 - nothing

Totals: 2995 Col, 41x T3 Mats, 1x T3 Perfect Unidentified Armor/Shield (106556-A), 2x T3 Rare Consumables (106556-B, 106556-C, 107838-A, 107838-B)

@Dustin

Dustin looks around. He hadn’t had so much fun in a long time and was actually sad now that it was over. “Listen, sorry to make you fight that monster, and thanks for saving me.” He pulls his hood up and laughs. “Guess I’m not ready to be a warrior yet.” He says with a smile on his face. He begins to walk away towards a rock to sit down and look for mor materials. Though he didn’t really need them considering his shop was struggling and he was watching it barely stay afloat. He has no idea how to fix it and he knew it was going to bothersome to do so. He would like to save it, after all he was trying to help the weaker players. Why is it whenever I try to help people I always screw things up. God I hate this game. He stands up and jumps into the water the girl was just fishing in not too long ago. Might as well take a dip, no monsters to deal with right?

ID: 108377

LD: 1 + 3 (fail)

@Neopolitan

Edited by Dustin

Neo was just sitting and trying to fish, mostly ignoring Dustin's words for now. If he did get himself entangled with another monster, she would probably have to step in a bit quicker. Who knew if that was just lucky how long he lasted or if he was actually growing quickly enough. Regardless, killing monsters was not why they were here. What they were here for was to gather materials and hopefully a few unidentified items that were rumored to be around here. Just as Neo felt as though there was something on her line, Dustin came stomping into the water, scattering whatever fish there were. She gave him a glare and quickly reeled in her line so as to not hurt him with the hook. She then turned around on the small little peninsula she sat at and fished on a different part of the small lake. It seemed as though the bounds of his cluelessness had yet to show themselves.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #108379

CD: 1 - nothing

Totals: 2995 Col, 41x T3 Mats, 1x T3 Perfect Unidentified Armor/Shield (106556-A), 2x T3 Rare Consumables (106556-B, 106556-C, 107838-A, 107838-B)

@Dustin

Dustin swims in the water, killing time until sunset. He swims close to the bottom and scans for materials, noticing two gleam in the dim light. He swims down, struggling to get air and grabs them, pushing off of the ground and swimming up to the surface to breathe. That was almost bad. I have had to swim deeper though, like the time Kadin dropped his ball in the lake. Even though I told him not to play with it by the lake. He moves beneath the surface once more and emerges on the other side from the girl’s peninsula. Looking back he begins to think to himself. I’ve done nothing but bother her all day, damn she must hate me. She had to fight my fight, and all she wanted to do was come here and fish. Why do I always mess stuff up? He lays back and looks at the clouds in the sky.

ID: 108382

LD: 16 + 2 = 19 

+2 T3 Materials

@Neopolitan

Edited by Dustin

Neo continued to offer minimal interaction with Dustin, though would at least try to make reprimands with him should he attempt to. She was able to get herself another large fish and placed it on the pile before Dustin surface on her side of the peninsula once more. She just rolled her eyes quietly and turned back to the original side. If he wanted to be messing around so badly, she would let him. She just didn't wish for him to be messing with her fishing so much. Of course, the things she really wanted were going to be buried in the sand. Though it would make sense to be able to go digging for the chests hiding in the sand, they only ever seemed to appear while there was a hook in the water. Though a strange occurrence, it was still one that she had to abide by.

Perhaps one day I could show him how to actually fight. Then he wouldn't have to worry about being such a burden to others. If anything, he was trying to prove himself. Of course, there isn't much of an easier way to prove yourself a fool than by forgetting simple things like being under-leveled for the area.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #108383

CD: 11 - 4 mats

Totals: 2995 Col, 47x T3 Mats, 1x T3 Perfect Unidentified Armor/Shield (106556-A), 2x T3 Rare Consumables (106556-B, 106556-C, 107838-A, 107838-B)

@Dustin

Dustin just stares at the sky. After all, he felt like all he did was make everyone else clean up his mess. I need to get stronger. I can fight in the real world but that’s not enough, now I have to learn to plan out the fights, learn to fight with a strategy. Also not a bad idea on living with a strategy either. Or at least thinking before I make another mistake. He sits up and looks at Neo. “You ever wonder if you made a mistake coming here? Who am I kidding? You’re not gonna answer. I don’t. I feel like I belong in this game, almost like it was made for me. Sure, If I could I’d go back, but only to save my brother.” He draws his sword once more. “Fighting has been all I’m decent at for a long time. I wasn’t smart, wasn’t cool, wasn’t funny. I was a sad excuse for a man, who was only ever good with a sword.” He lays back once more. “I guess that’s why I’ve always felt the need to prove myself with a sword. Or it could be because I’d rather die in Thebes game than in the real world. Either way, I don’t belong in the real world.” He takes a bite of a cookie. He always carries a bunch of snacks around because his brother used to love snacks and he does too, so he never stopped.

@Neopolitan

Edited by Dustin

As Neo pulled in another decently sized fish, she listened as Dustin began to speak about his own situation within this game. Some of his actions began to make more sense. Of course, it still didn't explain his recklessness so much. Even if all he felt he was good for was to prove himself, what did that proof give him? All it would lead him to was needing to prove himself even further. Sure, she regretted coming into this game now, but had there been no death sentence, this would've fulfilled her every dream. She had the ability to speak in this game, and would only refuse that gift so long as she still had to pay the price for it. Unless there was a way to get a refund on her friend's death, she refused to accept this game as her final fate. The real world was what was waiting for her, that was where she would make her mark. She was content to remain unnoticed in here, but in the end, she wouldn't let her friend's name become forgotten.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #108385

CD: 10 - 3 mats

Totals: 2995 Col, 50x T3 Mats, 1x T3 Perfect Unidentified Armor/Shield (106556-A), 2x T3 Rare Consumables (106556-B, 106556-C, 107838-A, 107838-B)

@Dustin

Dustin sat back down. “Besides, you’re awesome anyways. I bet you hate this game, most capable fighters do. My brother hated it and he made me feel like I was just waving a stick around until something died.” He smiles. “He wouldn’t have trusted you. He always said the quiet ones are always crazy. You never know what they’re hiding. Personally, I don’t care. You can think what you want.” He stands up and walks away, so he can leave her be, but not before finishing his thought. “I don’t trust anyone anyways, the last person I trusted killed my brother and all my friends, making me watch. Though it was my fault, I should’ve run.” He says, turning and walking away. He sits on a rock a good fifty feet away. He didn’t want to annoy her anymore because that seemed to be most peoples’ thoughts on the boy, and he knew. He never cared, but with her it was different. Not like he liked her, he just didn’t want to annoy her, she obviously had reasons to not talk, and he respected her resolve. He respects her so he doesn’t want to annoy her all the time. Because she earned his respect with her blade. She’s an awesome fighter. And an amazing cook, she’s a great player. I wonder if she’s funny too.

@Neopolitan

Neo kept casting out and reeling in her line while Dustin continued to talk. She didn't give much in the way of responses, just the nods of acknowledgement she was still listening. As she sat a trio of small fish onto the growing pile, she thought on what he was saying. Perhaps his brother was right, she could be a bit crazy. Of course, she didn't think he was right that all fighters hated this game. Perhaps they did, but this game had made fighters out of many timid people. It was something the creator seemed to be good at. As honorable as his intentions might be, they were still terrible. Like herself, Dustin knew firsthand the death this game caused. No matter the prize for finishing this game, she knew that the cost of entry was not going to be worth it. These skills would not be usable once they returned, and then all the fame they had will die away like the friends they had lost.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #108386

CD: 10 - 3 mats

Totals: 2995 Col, 53x T3 Mats, 1x T3 Perfect Unidentified Armor/Shield (106556-A), 2x T3 Rare Consumables (106556-B, 106556-C, 107838-A, 107838-B)

@Dustin

Dustin smiles, pulling out a whole cake. “I’ve been saving this thing for a week.” He sits on the ground and starts to eat the cake. He saves a slice and eats the rest of the cake, putting the slice on a plate. He stands up and moves over to the girl. “Brought you a snack, you know, as a thank you.” His hair blows in the gentle breeze as he sets the plate on the ground next to the lady and walks back to his spot. Slashing two plants and grabbing them on his way back. Might as well grab a few more before I leave... I did almost die today, gotta make it worth while. He stops, walks back to the peninsula and lays at the end of it, looking up at the sky and closing his eyes. He pulls his tan cloak over his body, using it as a blanket. His sweat shirt rolled up sits beneath his head like a pillow. He begins to snore quietly as he has officially fallen asleep.

ID: 108445

LD: 12 + 3 = 15

+2 T3 Materials

@Neopolitan

Edited by Dustin

As Neo cast out her line and realized there was little to nothing left in the lake now, Neo decided it best be time for her to call it a day. Just as she was piling her gear back into her inventory, she noticed that Dustin had given her a piece of cake. Graciously accepting it, she quickly dug into it. It wasn't the best thing she had ever tasted, but it was still nice of Dustin to be considerate. Perhaps he was aware of his actions after all. Regardless, this trip had mostly been a bust. There was the expected materials and Col to split, but Neo had been hoping to find herself a weapon or two to get identified at a merchant. She quickly sent a message towards Dustin, explaining how they could split things. Hopefully he would accept and then the two of them could make their way back to town.

@Dustin

You can take the materials and col that don't split evenly between us. I'll take the armor as thanks for saving you in that fight. You can have the consumables though, I can make those whenever I wish so I have little use for them.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #108

CD: 4 - nothing

Totals: 2995 Col, 53x T3 Mats, 1x T3 Perfect Unidentified Armor/Shield (106556-A), 2x T3 Rare Consumables (106556-B, 106556-C, 107838-A, 107838-B)

@Dustin (Go ahead and write up the thread summary in you next post)

Dustin stands up and smiles. “You keep all the materials and items. I’ll take some col.” He pulls up his hood and begins to walk away. He turns his head to the other player with a tilt of the head, and turns back pulling out a cookie and walking away. I’m not used to just moving around alone on this floor, and after that Goblin, I’m sure I’ll die if I’m not careful. He equips his gear so he doesn’t have to worry as much about dying without doing damage to the monster. I need to make sure I don’t get caught off guard by anything too strong. They could kill me so quickly. But I’d sure as hell have fun while I die. And that’s the best way anyone can ask to go. Dying doing the thing you love. In my case it’s a bit more likely than most. He slides his free hand in his pocket.

Thread summary:

Dustin:

995 col

3 SP

@Neopolitan

2400 col

3 SP

(53) T3 Materials

T3 perfect unidentified armor/shield

(2) T3 Rare consumables