[F21 - PP] Another Day, Another Grind <<Nature's Treasure>>

As Dustin leapt away to go fight a monster, Neo did get up herself. He seemed to be handling himself quite well so far, so she shook her head towaards his offer. She instead opted to try and find a chest on land, it seemed from the last time she was here that they were rather abundant. However, she was a little less lucky this time. Maybe she should get her hands on something like Shield's earring that showed him the location of things. Perhaps there would be better ways to do that. Either way, there was no chesst and she went back to fishing. She would wait and see if the monster actually put up a fight to take a swing at it. It seemed tough enough taht she could get somme loot from it, but that was no reason to deny Dustin a little bit of fun now.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106285

LD: 1 - fail

Total: 18x T3 Mats

@Dustin

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dustin steps back, watching the lightning on the monster fade away. He chuckles as his sword charges blue and he runs towards the monster slashing downward on the monster's chest. He spins and slashes sideways on the monster's chest, spinning his blade and slashing upwards. On the upwards slash, he jumps from the ground and falls back down, slamming the pommel of his sword into the monster's head. The goblin stumbles back and holds its head. Dustin smiles and gives the girl by the lake a thumbs up. "I'm not here to impress her, but hopefully, she will see my skills with a sword and at least be amused." He says to the monster who has no idea what he is saying. I probably shouldn't have asked if she was ice cream, she didn't appear to be amused by my joke. Dang, I hate being a teenage idiot. He places his hand on his forehead, paying no attention to the monster standing a few feet in front of him.

Spoiler

ID: 106398

BD: 8

Dustin uses Horizontal Square on the Goblin

5 x 4 = 20 DMG

196 - 20 = 176 HP

Dustin: 200/200 HP | 10/20 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 PAR | 1 EVA | BH: 2

Goblin: 176/220 HP | 66 DMG 

@Neopolitan

Edited by Dustin

Fishing:

•  CD 1-4: Nothing seems to be biting...
  • CD 5-6: 1 Material fished up!
  • CD 7-8: 2 Materials fished up!
  • CD 9-10: 3 Materials fished up!
  • CD 11: 4 Materials fished up!
  • CD 12 (LD 15+; otherwise 4 mats): Treasure Chest fished up!

Neo gave a roll of her eyes as Dustin flashed a thumbs up towards her. Though there was some skill in his attacks, he was certainly being a a little flamboyant with his movements. She would much rather he cut back a bit on that and just kill the monster. If she didn't know better, she would say he's trying to impress her as a way of making up for his displayed lack of intelligence back in the town. Of course, there was othing biting on her line at the moment so she had nothing better to do but watch as the fight progressed. There was no need to interfere, as he was at least avoiding the hits that weren't coming yet. She awaited with bated breath to see how well he could actually take a hit.

Maybe one day, you'll make it to the front. We'll see if you can get there before me, but I am not sure how well you'll actually fight in the face of a boss. Probably as recklessly as you aree now.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106458

CD: 2 - nothing

Totals: 18x T3 mats

@Dustin

Dustin looks at the monster in front of him and he holds his sword on his bicep, almost as if he was aiming. His sword begins to glow blue and he steps forward. His foot stops on the step and he shifts his weight, spinning and dropping his blade swiftly and instantly bringing it back up in a V shape yet again. No way am I losing to a little goblin. And not when I have something to prove. His face shifts into a more serious expression. The goblin shifts its tiny sword up and tries to stab at Dustin. Dustin moves to the side slightly and pushes the blade to the side with his bare hand. The boy jumps back a great distance to avoid any further attacks from the monster before he was ready. "I'm not losing to you, not when I have to keep people safe. I owe this world that much." He pulls his hood down and completely ignores the world around him. To Dustin, the only two that exist at this moment are him and the goblin.

Spoiler

ID: 106498

BD: 8

Dustin used vertical arc on Goblin

5 x 4 = 20 DMG

176 - 20 = 156 HP

MD: 1

Goblin's attack misses

Dustin: 200/200 HP | 7/20 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 PAR | 1 EVA | BH: 2

Goblin: 156/220 HP | 66 DMG 

@Neopolitan

Edited by Dustin

Fishing:

Neo was still just staring at the battle, occasionally tugging on her line to see if there was something silently caught onto it. Dustin was holding his own still, but there was no push-back coming from the goblin yet. She was waiting to see how well he could actually take a hit from it. As she was waiting, she tugged on her line and felt that it had snagged. She started to bring it in, feeling a little bit of give each time. It took a while, but she eventually noticed that there was a chest in the water. She decided to haul it onto shore while Dustin was spouting some heroics. It seemed rather worn by the water, but that wasn't any indicator of what could be hiding inside of it. She really wished she had those keys like shield now. It would help quite a bit in getting better stuff from the chest.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106532

CD: 12

LD: 15 + 2 = 17 - chest found!

Total: 18x T3 mats

@Dustin

Dustin pulls his sword up and rests it on his bicep. His off hand grabs his forearm and his legs spread, dropping his body an inch or two. His sword begins to glow blue once more and he drops his front arm, stepping into a stab attack. But his foot stops and he hold the momentum, swing his sword down and back up in a V shape at incredible speeds. He rests his sword on his shoulder and breathes heavily, watching the goblin stand there with lightning bouncing around its body. This is a bit too easy for me. I thought I’d be having more fun. “Hey, why don’t you actually attack at me? Do you think I’m too weak to handle one of your attacks?” He asks the goblin as the world around him begins to reappear and he looks directly at the ice cream girl. I forgot about her. Damn, I’m getting too close. He runs towards the goblin and jumps over its head and lands on the other side with a roll. “That’s better, now I can make sure you don’t rope her into this.” He smiles at the goblin.

Spoiler

ID: 106543

BD: 9

Dustin uses Vertical Arc on Goblin

5 + 1 = 6 x 4 = 24 DMG

156 - 24 = 132 HP

Dustin: 200/200 HP | 4/20 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 PAR | 1 EVA | BH:2

Goblin: 132/220 HP | 66 DMG

@Neopolitan

Edited by Dustin

Dustin was able to keep the fight away from Neo as she went to open the chest. Though she didn't have any bonuses to opening it, she was able to find quite the haul inside of it. She deposited it onto the ground, knowing that it wouldn't edspawn there. The unidentified items weren't things she was looking for, but the y could still be useful. Dustin seemed to still be holding his own in the fight, so she didn't bother joining. Of coursse, the goblinn was still not sstriking at Dustin. It was rather strange, but she figuredd it was probably just a bug in the AI here. It could also very well be something up with the area. If things didn't attack back than she might consider farming a few monsters herself. For now she would just keep on fishing though. She closed the lid on the treasure chest with a bit of a thud and let it dissappear now that it was emmptied, casting her line back into the waater to see what would come next.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106556

LD: 20

Received: 3150 Col, 8x T3 materials, perfect armor/shield, 2 rare consumables

Total: 26 T3 Mats, 1x T3 Perfect Unidentified Armor/Shield (106556-A), 2x T3 Rare Consumables (106556-B, 106556-C)

@Dustin

Dustin’s sword charges blue and he steps towards the monster, releasing the sword art but missing by the width of a hair. The monster had side stepped and stabbed at Dustin. The boy barely ducks under the blade and moves away. His breathing more heavy and his heart racing, the boy locks eyes with the girl. It was obvious he was struggling at this point. I can’t ask for help just yet. If I don’t need it, I won’t ask for it. It wouldn’t be fair to the girl. His knees are weak and his arms are shaking holding up his sword. He had managed to avoid getting hit, but at the cost of his energy to keep attacking. The breeze began to calm the player, as his heart stopped racing. He squints his eyes and focuses on the monster. I can’t do this without help, but I can’t go wasting other people’s time and energy. I’m not worth the effort. The player’s face morphs, as it is obvious he is fighting a battle on the outside and in. If he were to continue, he’d lose his life.

Spoiler

Action: Vertical Arc on Goblin

ID: 107000

BD: 1

Dustin’s attack misses

MD: 5 - 1 = 4

Goblin’s attack misses

Dustin: 200/200 HP | 3/20 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 EVA | 1 PAR | BH:2

@Neopolitan

Edited by Dustin

Fishing:

Neo was about to hop into the fight when she felt a large tug on her line. The tug meant it wouldn't be a treasure chest, but she could make sure to still get herself a few more materials. Reeling it in, she noticed that it was a large fish as expected from the weight behind the line. Letting it dissect itself into materials, Neo plopped them onto the pile and looked over at the fight. She could tell Dustin was beginning to regret his decision to fight on this floor. She didn't want to interfere though. He needed his pride to go down to the creature and not her if he was going to learn his lesson. Once he had at least taken a hit she would consider hopping in. For now it would be safe for him to keep fighting. Though he would probably never do that,. he could also run away from the fight.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #107002

CD: 11 - 4 mats

Totals: 30x T3 Mats, 1x T3 Perfect Unidentified Armor/Shield (106556-A), 2x T3 Rare Consumables (106556-B, 106556-C)

@Dustin

Dustin’s sword charges blue yet again. No good, I’m getting too wild with the sword arts, but I’m not gonna do anything to this guy without them. He slashes at the monster but misses yet again. His breath even heavier and his heart yet again racing. He ducks forward under the blade flying at the back of his head and turns to the girl with a huge smile. It’s about time. I guess I’ll be seeing you soon Kadin. I can’t keep this up much longer. It looks like the boy is at peace with the loss of his life. Like he was ready to die. His mind begins to race however. Seeing all the faces he cares about, finally stopping on his mother’s face. I’m not just fighting for myself. I have to tell her that her son is a hero. “I have to tell her what kind of person he was.” His voice rings out as he struggles to stand. “I’m not dying here. Doesn’t matter if you were to drop me to zero, I won’t be dying.” He smiles, though it looks like he shouldn’t be smiling.

Spoiler

ID: 107003

BD: 2

Dustin’s sword art misses

Goblin’s attack misses

Dustin: 200/200 HP | 2/20 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 EVA | 1 PAR | BH:2

Goblin: 132/220 HP | 66 DMG

@Neopolitan

Edited by Dustin

Fishing:

Neo watched as Dustin put on his brave face after faltering for a bit. Though it was good that he was accepting that he was outmatched, she still thought it was foolish of him to go in unprepared. There wasn't even a need to take the creature out in the first place. There was no heroics going on, only the chance to prove himself. She made her way back towards the lake and prepared to cast in her line. She heard his words ring through the cavern, though didn't particularly care for them. If he was selecting last words, she thought they were terrible and unnecessary. If they were just meant to taunt the goblin, she didn't think it would work on such a simple AI encounter. She reeled in a small fish and added it to the growing pile. She would have to see if there would be a need to get into the fight. It seemed to have come to a stalemate for the time being, so she was content to stand back and watch.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #107093

CD: 5 - 1 mat found

Totals: 31x T3 Mats, 1x T3 Perfect Unidentified Armor/Shield (106556-A), 2x T3 Rare Consumables (106556-B, 106556-C)

@Dustin

Dustin’s face morphs into a face of pure rage. He runs forward, at first glance appearing to act out of anger, but upon closer inspection, it is apparent that every step is perfectly placed, every muscle twitch timed, every motion planted so that his attack will land on his target with as much force as possible. But this attempt is made to no avail. The player’s sword clashes with the goblin’s weapon as it is pushed up and over the monster’s head. This block leaves Dustin open to the next attack but the goblin had apparently used it’s energy on that block. It appears the system is slower than I thought. Time to make sure I don’t die. “This battle seems to be going my way, and I’m glad, but it’s getting boring.” He says to himself. “This game is only a game, why not have fun while we’re here?” He asks himself and looks at his sword. His eyes shoot up at the notice of motion and he quickly moves his sword to the left and head to the right. The monster had stabbed at him while he was distracted. “Thanks for reminding me this is a fight.” He says with a smile on his face.

Spoiler

ID: 107098

BD: 5

Dustin’s attack misses

Goblin’s  attack misses

Dustin: 200/200 HP | 1/20 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 EVA | 1 PAR | BH:2

@Neopolitan

Edited by Dustin

Fishing:

The fight continued behind Neo as she waited patiently for a bite on her line. The fish seemed to have calmed down a bit and now she was ready to wait a bit longer. Glancing at the party health bars, she could tell that Dustin's was still not going down. That meant either she gave the goblin far too much credit or Dustin had yet to be hit. She doubted it was actually Dustin's mitigation being high enough to deal with the monster. Even if he was higher level than it seemed, he was definitely a more damage oriented build. She was almost wanting to root for someone to just get a hit , as it seemed as though the goblin's health bar hadn't moved either. Perhaps she would finish up with her fishing and then finish the creature off for him. As much as she wanted for their to either be a reason for his pride to be there or his pride to be put in check, she just wanted to have a fishing trip to get the stuff she was in need of.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #107104

CD: 1 - nothing

Totals: 31x T3 Mats, 1x T3 Perfect Unidentified Armor/Shield (106556-A), 2x T3 Rare Consumables (106556-B, 106556-C)

@Dustin

Dustin moves in for another attack, this time more at his normal pace. He shoots in, slashes and backs out. But the goblin catches the attack with his sword and moves back too. The goblin then runs in and slashed at the player, who raised his forearm to protect himself, but still took the damage and was launched across the field. He lands next to the girl and groans. He stand up, looks at his forearm and smiles. “I thought I would go home without a scratch. Guess I was wrong.” He says, focusing back on the monster he was fighting before. I can’t take too many more of those. But if I have to, I’ll ask for help. This is the strongest thing I’ve ever fought, but I can power through this. He stands, his breath heavy and his knees shaking. He wants to move, but if he does, he’ll fall and be useless. He stands so he can still fight. But this tactic fails, as he drops down to his knees. “I have to keep going. I can’t die in this field. I promised Kadin I would help get everyone out.” He begins to push himself back up.

Spoiler

ID: 107106

BD: 5

Dustin’s attack misses

MD: 8 - 1 = 7

Goblin attacks Dustin

66 - 14 = 52 DMG

200 - 52 = 148 HP

Dustin: 148/200 HP | 0/20 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 EVA | 1 PAR | BH:2

@Neopolitan

Edited by Dustin

Fishing:

Neo was still sitting by the lake as she felt a tug on her line. It wasn't that powerful of a tug, but a tug nonetheless. Pulling it in quickly, she found that she had gotten couple more materials for it. As she got up to place down the materials, Dustin was launched towards her by the goblin he was facing. He managed to keep his composure, even though he lost a quarter of his health. She decided to go ahead and switch her gear to be ready for combat soon. She had a feeling that there wasn't going to be much of an opportunity to help him if he got too low of health. Even if he didn't want her help, she knew it would be better to help him than let him die shamelessly. Better to let him live in shame than have her live with all the more guilt. It would be another death not entirely her fault, but she oculdn't just write it off as Aincrad claiming another player when she was there herself.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #1207109

CD: 8 - 2 mats

Totals: 33x T3 Mats, 1x T3 Perfect Unidentified Armor/Shield (106556-A), 2x T3 Rare Consumables (106556-B, 106556-C)

@Dustin

Dustin pulls his blade up and runs in for another attack. He raises his sword arm, with the small amount of strength he has left, and he pushes it down at the tiny green monster in front of him. The attack was almost flawless. It would’ve easily killed the monster, had Dustin swung a little faster. Instead he gave the monster the perfect opportunity to stab him in the center of the chest. Dustin grunts, though it wasn’t his first time being stabbed. “Little turd. I’ll have to kill you soon enough.” He backs away, the monster still holding the sword in the boy’s chest. It pulls its blade out and Dustin lets out another grunt. If these keeps going like this, I might die here soon enough. I’ll see Kadin again. And all of my other friends. But what about all the friends I have here? What about my mother? “If this is how I die, I’m glad I fought in this game, instead of hiding for the rest of my meaningless life. Though I wasn’t very useful, I did have a lot of fun.” He says, on his knees, holding himself up with his sword. He struggles to his knees and puts his blade on his shoulder. “Goblin’s have always been my least favorite fantasy race.” He readies his sword again. Even if I die here today, I’ll know Kadin would be proud. The question is, would Dad?

Spoiler

ID: 107194

BD: 4

Dustin’s attack misses

MD: 9

Goblin get’s a small crit

66 + 1 = 67 DMG

67 - 14 = 53 DMG

150 - 53 = 97 HP

Dustin: 97/200 HP | 0/20 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 EVA | 1 PAR | BH:2

@Neopolitan

Edited by Dustin

Fishing:

Neo cast her line into the water as she watched Dustin get struck once again. Though it was possible he could be in trouble, he would run if he was smart. Though it would be bad to let him die, she wasn't sure if someone so reckless should go to the front lines. They would easily get not only themselves, but others killed. She remembered back to one of the lessons she had when she was in school, shortly before getting trapped in this game. They had mentioned that there was something called natural selection. Curious, Neo had done some searching and found this strange site in English called the "Darwin Awards". She had no idea if she could figure out how to submit something to it, but figured if she could a death like this might be worth trying to learn some English. All she could tell then was that it was something about people dying in the dumbest of ways. This would probably count if she could find some way to prove the story.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #107454

CD: 7 - 2 mats

Totals: 35x T3 Mats, 1x T3 Perfect Unidentified Armor/Shield (106556-A), 2x T3 Rare Consumables (106556-B, 106556-C)

Dustin looks at his health and his body freezes. He doesn’t look scared or in a panic, just like he’s thinking of what to do before he dies. He blinks, shakes his head and runs from the monster. As he runs the monster moves faster than Dustin, ending up in front of him. Its sword at Dustin’s throat. The monster begins to push it towards him, but Dustin catches the blade in his hand. His face still without an ounce of fear. Only a smile. “I’m ready to die here. I’ve done My crime, just waiting for me sentence.” He pushes the goblin’s blade back, throwing the goblin off balance, and he backs away. I knew this was gonna be dangerous, but I didn’t think I’d die here. Okay, I can die, I deserve it. However, letting myself die is dumb. He looks around him, thinking back to the monster’s attacks and motions before them. His eyes shift to the monster, his body in the position to attack, with his waist turned slightly further than the usual. It was apparent to the keen observer that he was about to run, but to the less keen observer, it just looked like a mistake. He raises one eyebrow as the monster moves. So you’re using that attack. He smiles in pure confidence.

ID: 107456

LD: 6

Runaway attempt failed

Goblin’s attack misses

Dustin: 99/200 HP | 1/20 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 PAR | 1 EVA | BH: 2

@Neopolitan

Edited by Dustin

Neo watched as Dustin continued to fight against the goblin. She decided it might be best if she could just fight off the goblin herself. Bringing her fishing rod back into her inventory, she began to navigate the confusing menu to change the gear she had on. It would be better if she could make sure all of her gear was right. It took a few tries, realizing she still wasn't powerful enough to equip some of her more powerful gear. That would have to wait until she is a bit higher of level. Instead, she equipped some of her weaker gear. She also sent out a thought towards Roman and waited for him to come up. The moment that Dustin was able to break away, she would try to jump in and save him. It was going to be close, but hopefully she would be able to let Dustin learn his lesson without dying. She didn't want his recklessness to endanger others, but she didn't want him to die because of it if possible.

((Switching to combat gear, and digging up the old stats for that))

Dustin pulls out a healing potion. I might die here soon, but that doesn't mean I'm going down without a fight. He drinks the health potion as the monster launches its sword at Dustin. The boy manages to move to keep the vital organs out of danger, but still gets a sword through the gut. He lets out a grunt and smiles. "This is real fun, I haven't been in this much danger since Kadin died." He pushes the goblin away from him with his feet and falls directly onto his back. I need to ask for help, or I'm gonna die here. My only other option would be to run away, but I can't do that. If I do that, it might go after her, and I can't let that happen. He rolls over and struggles to stand up. Then again, running may be my only option. He tilts his head, and holds his stomach. "Damn, I am gonna have to run." A frown appears on his face. "I made a promise and don't plan on breaking it." He says, with a more serious face than when he was stabbed.

Spoiler

ID:107733

MD: 7 - 1 = 6

Hit

Dustin uses T1 Uncommon Health potion

99 + 2 + 40 = 141 HP

66 - 14 = 52 DMG

141 - 52 = 89 HP

Dustin: 89/200 HP | 2/20 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 PAR | 1 EVA | BH: 2

Goblin: 132/220 HP | 66 DMG

@Neopolitan

Edited by Dustin