[F5-PP] Fulfilling the questing deal <<Traveler>>

Mars steps foot onto the fifth floor and instantly regrets his decision to do so since it is scorching out since it is mid day the hottest point it could ever reach in a desert though at the very least after this day he will never have to worry about the heat or cold of Aincrad once more. His Familiar right beside him and seeming entirely unfazed which makes sense since it is quite literally a animal that controls and spits out fire for its attacks to help fight alongside Mars. The black haired fighter turns his head in the direction of what is going to be his questing compatriot for the next twenty four hours of just straight walking in a desert with only small amounts of time that would be allowed for something to be eaten to replenish the energy they would need. Well Cosi welcome back to the desert where we have to go and grab some cargo that was lost in the desert by some merchant that was traveling between some city that is suppose to exist in here Fortaleza. He says towards his ally giving him the quick rundown.

@Cosi

Quest thing: Roll a dice every post to determine if the sand hurts you.

Spoiler

Sandstorm: ID# 105643- CD: 6- result: No Damage

“Sounds terrible Mars! I hate this place. Too much sand. So let’s get this over with.” Cosi quickly unequips his armor- hopefully there won’t be a need for it- because last time he remembers sweating so much he was swimming in it because of his armor. He keeps in his vanity scarf but he takes it and wraps it around his head to block the sun. “Let’s get going and find this this cargo.” And without further hesitation Cosi heads off into the desert. Soon the pair found themselves battered and scraped by string winds that blew dust into their eyes. Cosi pressed on not letting the heat, wind, sand stop him. He was going to complete this quest. Mars wanted them to do it so Cosi would do it. He would catch up to Mars. He’d catch up to Pinball and the front liners. He’d get out of this death game.

@Mars

Edited by Cosi

He makes his way through the desert as the sandstorm seems to settle into the desert for the day as he sighs softly into the piece of cloth that covers his mouth as he wonders if this is part of the quest, or just the game deciding to curse him and his companion for the day by having this occur the entire time throughout it. Even then he just continues forward not letting the sand bother him as it harmlessly bounces off of his full protection gear that covers every inch of him which is making him feel like he would pass out from overheating at any point, but luckily is a game and thus only is extremely uncomfortable but is able to protect him from the adverse environmental affects that are going on around them. So then Cosi since we are going to be traveling all day and night together the only fair thing to do really is find something to satiate are boredom since walking in silence isn't the most...entertaining of activities to do. He says bluntly to his compatriot while gesturing towards him.

#105646  CD:11

Edited by Mars

Sandstorm: ID# 105663- CD: 1- result: 20 damage

Cosi- Hp: 260/280

Cosi chuckles at Mars' comment about not just walking in silence, "Yes walking is not the funnest thing to do. Especially when you're in a boiling hot desert." Cosi kept trudging through the sand alongside his black clad companion. Cosi wondered how hot it must be in that garb. Cosi shrugged his shoulders and kept walking. The wind was picking up. The force of it actually pushed Cosi back a couple steps. Sand cut across his open skin and Cosi had to stop and blink a couple times to clear the sand from his eyes. "Damn this storm is really picking up! You want to talk about that Mars!" Cosi shouted to his companion, "becasue right now its adding aanother thing to my long list of why I hate this floor." Cosi pushed forward holding his arm up to block the sand and wind. "Also I hope you know where we're heading because I sure as hell don't!" 

@Mars

Edited by Cosi

He makes his way and quickly covers his eyes as the storm increases in strength as he can feel the tiny particles of sand cut through his protective layers of armor and cuts against his actual player model as he watches as a small bit of his health ticked away into nothing. He glances towards the blonde haired fighter and just shrugs his shoulder ever so slightly. I wasn't expecting the storm to get this bad, or even be happening at all cause it wasn't like this when we took on that sand shark! He yells back slightly annoyed at that fact since it just makes it so that this quest can be dangerous somehow to newer players to give them a fright. Well after this quest we should never have to deal with environment ever again! He yells over towards Cosi as he continues moving forward through the sand following the directions he was given by the merchant woman that had given him this quest.

#105664  CD:1 

Mars: 560/580

Edited by Mars

Sandstorm: ID# 105666- CD: 2- result: nothing

"That's very true!" Cosi yells back over the din of the wind and sand, "Its probably just this area or maybe its just once you accept the quest the game starts up a sand storm! I don't know and don't care either way! Its annoying as hell!" The wind dies down a little allowing the duo to progress forward much quicker. Cosi may have removed his armor but still with the sun beating down on him and the nearly white sand reflecting the sunlight back on him He is still sweating profusely. And with such a harsh light he can't really see much. "How are you holding up Mars?" Cosi yells over to his companion, knowing that while the martial artist's armor isn't nearly as heavy as Cosi's own half plate its still completely black. And wearing that much black in this desert can not be pleasant. Or good for a player

@Mars

Edited by Cosi

He looks forward as he makes his way through the desert as the sands die down rather quickly as he continues making his way through the desert with at least a good bit of ease as the storm is barely affecting him at this point. Though at the sametime now feeling the boiling sun bear down on him and trying to make him die of overheating as he just toughs through the terrible weather that is unfit for his armor type and styles as he just examines it slowly but surely. 'i need to get myself one of those name tags so i can change this gear one and for all.' he thinks to himself with a nod of his head as he continues traveling through the desert as he glance towards Cosi and just gives a nod of his head. I'm doing fine Cosi nothing that a fighter like myself can't handle this will be a piece of cake don't you worry about it. He says towards the man with a nod of his head.

#105708  CD:12

Edited by Mars

"I thought so. I just wanted to make sure. Can't have you dying on me. Especially when its just a little sand, wind, and sun." Cosi laughs then sputters as sand gets in his mouth. Cosi spits out the offending mineral and then pulls up his scarf so it covers the bottom of his face like Mars' does. Cosi reaches up to brush away the sand that is clinging to his scarf and clothes. The sand is extremely fine and white almost like salt or even sugar. Cosi brings the grains to his nose, realizes he has his scarf up, and then tosses the handful of sand away. Cosi keeps pressing forward through the wind and sand. It feels like every three steps forward he takes, he is buffeted and pushed two steps back. But Cosi continues to press on, not letting the elements best him. "So Mars! What's our plan after this?" 

Spoiler

Sandstorm: ID# 105720- CD: 9- nothing

@Mars

Edited by Cosi

He looks towards the blonde haired player and nods his head for the briefest of moments ot acknowledge his question since it could be viewed as a actually good question to have since by the time they get back towards Fortaleza it will be the afternoon of the next day at the best which means they could just continue questing as if they hadn't spent a day in the desert. Though the question then becomes what is the quest they would do since he himself and Cosi want the same thing which is power that the leveling mechanic of this game provides towards those who fight for strength. They fight for it for different reasons for certain but in the end they want the same thing and are going to achieve it one way or the other. Well after this quest i would think that a decent one to go on would be that Iron Guardian one i think i can kill those things swiftly without any problems so it shouldn't be to much of a hassle to take them  down. He says honestly towards his blonde companion as he looks to him with a hidden smirk. Even better if we do so we would be able to test out this survival skill since that quest is on a floor basically made of lava and volcanoes.

#105721  CD:6

Edited by Mars

Sandstorm: ID# 105747- CD: 10- result: nothing

Cosi grimaces when he hears about the next quest Mars plans on doing. "Volcanoes! Really? Why is every floor so hot? Why can't there be a couple more cold and snowy ones, like floor four?" Cosi whines only slightly. Cosi has just never liked the heat or being hot. Where his from the winters are cold and the summers only mildly warm so the blonde has never really been subject to real summer heat. Like he is now. Sweat drips down the sides of Cosi's face, soaking his scarf. Cosi wipes a bead away before it can drip into his eyes and presses forward. mars and him seem to have been walking forever but the sun is barely passing its zenith. Cosi shouts to his black clad companion, "Who long do you think we've been walking? I know not long but still." Cosi pushes forward making good progress. The wind isn't so strong at the moment so the only difficulty is Cosi's feet slipping into the sand. 

@Mars

Edited by Cosi

The sand continues to make its way through the desert without any impeding the storm that has been raging ever since they stepped  into the desert though nothing horrible since they have not had too terrible of rough winds cutting into him just yet. I think we might be getting close? It just depends how close we are to night down that would determine if we're close or not in all honesty. He says towards Cosi as they continue to walk through the hellscape of this desert one step at a time towards where they are meant to go as he keeps a adequate check on the sky seeing that it is slowly reaching sunset meaning that they are getting closer towards the supposed location of where the cargo is meant to be at which he is thankful for since this is one of the more tedious quests.

#105748  CD:7

Edited by Mars

Sandstorm: ID# 105751- CD: 11- result: nothing

Cosi nods his head, a little vigorously actually, then calls back to Mars, "Sounds good! Let's keep moving then because judging by the sun we're only a little over three quarters of the way there" Cosi moves forwards, the only thing inhibiting his movement was the sand. There was hardly any wind which was a blessing. Cosi's sabatons were filling up with sand which was incredibly uncomfortable. He might have to ask Mars to stop so he could take them off and then reequip them metal greaves and boots. He kept going, slogging through the sand and holding his arm up to block the sun, wind, and sand. The blonde warrior shouted to Mars once again, "What kind of cargo is it? I mean what should we be looking for?" Cosi waited for the dark clad warrior's response and kept moving. That was all he could really do. There was no point in stopping anyways.

@Mars

Edited by Cosi

He looks towards the blonde haired player with a glance when he asks about the type of cargo which is a rather fair question since the more eyes that their are to look around the faster they can try to get this over with to get out of this sandy hellscape. The target objective is supposedly your typical merchant type cargo carrier a wagon carrying a bunch of supplies that got scattered or strewn about the sands possibly. Our goal is to just find the wagon grab the items that got scattered or not scattered the NPC was not certain and then make it back to her all before twenty four hours have passed. He says towards Cosi sounding rather annoyed by the time constraint more so than anything else as the black haired warrior pushes himself faster to try and get the items at least before it comes time for rest. Having spoken in a rather serious and straight to the point army like manner to make sure that there was no confusion possibly.

#105884  CD:10

Edited by Mars

Sandstorm: ID# 105885- CD: 6- Result: nothing

"Sounds wonderful. That shouldn't be too hard at all. Except for when we have to bring it all back. I'm hate this desert. I don't think I'll ever come back here. Much too hot, dry, and windy. Did I mention hot as well?" Cosi trudged forward, his mouth pressed in a hard line beneath his make shift head wrap. For vanity item it was doing really good especially to keep the sun and sand out of his eyes and to absorb most of his sweat. Cosi would be very glad once thy got out of this desert and back to floor four. Or any floor for that matter. Cosi looked back to Mars. The martial artist seemed to be doing just fine. And the wind and sand was no longer causes any problems for either of them. Cosi was glad of that because when the wind picked up it was annoying and actually damaging. Cosi was fine just having to slog through the shifting sand. 

@Mars

Edited by Cosi

He nods in agreement at that from the thought of having to carry heavy equipment most likely since it had to be carried by cart initially all the way back towards the settlement of Fortaleza which was a night's walk away for all practicality making it all the more frustrating they would have to do so. he could only hope that the game is kind enough to somehow shrink the items down for the duo of players like putting it into their inventory like other games. Sadly i know i will be in this desert more then just this time since i will have to face a enemy that drops a unique item, and then to get onto this floor to fight a draconic drakeling that is on this floor for another quest. Though the drakeling one might be put on hold for a little while till i get stronger. Just for the sake of powering through that quest chain if anything. He says with a slight shrug of his shoulders as he continues moving through the shifting sands with practiced ease of traversing this floor multiple other times.

#105886  CD:6

Edited by Mars
Spoiler

Sandstorm: ID# 105948- CD: 5- result: nothing

Cosi mutters to himself, mostly about how he hates this desert. Then he shakes his head as if physically trying to get those thoughts out of his head. “Well if you ever want some help with one of those quests give me fair warning so I can mentally prepare myself to come back here” Cosi chuckles lightly and continues on. His armored feet drag through the nearly white sand. Each step the blonde warrior takes makes him sink into the corse grains forcing him to pull his sabatons out with each stride. The wind has all but died out making the journey that much easier. The sand and sun was still blazing hot and Cosi had a steady stream of sweat cutting through the grime and dust that now covered his face. But without the wind there was much less resistance to movement and Cosi didn’t have to worry about being cut or scraped by the sand that would be blown into his exposed skin and eyes. 

@Mars

Edited by Cosi

The black haired warrior looks forward as he continues to make his way through the desert as the night begins to fall as the sun sets upon the desert the temperature slowly cooling as it occurs. Making the once unbearable heat become tolerable slowly but surely for the duo as he smirks as the sight of pieces of boxed cargo are starting to be seen strewn about the desert in a seeming nonchalant uncaring method as he nods his head and points towards it. That is our goal Cosi, and also if you want to join me in killing some dragons i can almost insure you that it would mostly contain myself punching the dragon out in a singular punch for the most part till it gets to the later stages. he says towards the blonde haired man beside him as he continues moving forward towards the now seen goal of their travels.

#105950 CD:8

Edited by Mars
  • 2 weeks later...

Sandstorm: ID# 106343- 10: result- nothing

"That's sounds great. That means I can can just sit back and complain about how much I hate this desert. Then If you actually need my help I can actually do something." Cosi kept trudging through the sand, actually kicking it up into the wind in boredom. The sun was past its zenith now and shadows began to darken the landscape, "We better be getting there- wherever there is- soon, because I can't take this sand and wind no more." Cosi looked around some, taking in his surroundings. Which was an endless sea of shifting sand dunes. "Though the wind storm has died down a lot. Thank goodness for that." Cosi looked at his companion Mars. The blonde faced forward and thought to himself, Why does this quest have to take a whole day and a night? Its so dumb. Cosi kept moving. Hopefully the duo would get to the merchant's stuff soon. Or fairly soon.

@Hestia

Edited by Cosi

he quickly makes his way to walk around the area where all of the strewn about cargo has made its place within the sand as he grabs the various items as they auto get put into his inventory as he smiles rather happily at the fact since carrying all of that would've been the most impossibly annoying thing to had to have to handle. Once he collects all of the cargo he turns back towards Cosi and gives him a short nod of his head as the sun sets upon the desert for the duo meaning that it is time to sleep and just let the day pass by them to just get back towards the main settlement and end this quest. Well we got the cargo that is the good news Cosi, but we now have to sleep in this desert or force ourselves to walk back the entire distance right away and hope we don't pass out while we're on our feet. He says towards his blonde haired companion as Mars himself just starts to walk back towards the main settlement wanting to only rest when he feels the intense need to just pass out and sleep wherever he finds as a suitable cave.

#106349 CD:8

Edited by Mars

Sandstorm: ID# 106350- CD: 3- result: nothing

Once the duo reached the cargo, Cosi collected all the gear and material he could and as fast as he could, then turned to Mars as the dark clad man said something. "Oh we are definitely getting out of this god forsaken desert as fast as we can. Or at least I am." Cosi started to head back the way the pair of adventurers had come. He wasn't too tired from walking all the way through the desert. Just annoyed from staying here so long and from being so hot and sweaty and dirty. "You good with just pressing on and getting out of here?" Cosi waits for Mars' response and then begins to head back the way they came. This time not stopping. Just walking forward through the sand and dunes. The two walk through the ever darkening night. "We know where this merchant is right? So we can give them their stuff back?" 

@Mars

Edited by Cosi