[F06 - PP] Controlled Fire Gone Wild <<Deforestation>>

Neo had been looking to do a few quests on ever so higher floors now and felt that she would be able to do so if she could just find someone to do them with. She returned to the sixth floor, albeit reluctantly, as that was where she could likely get a quest with a decent challenge. Once there, she listened around and grabbed one of the quests available. It was something to do with a beast burning down the forest, which would be rather difficult for the NPCs to deal with. She figured it was in a rather contained area though, else she would have heard about the forest burning down by now. Putting a message up onto the request boards, she decided to wait and see if anyone would like to join her. Though she could probably message some of her friends and get a party quite quickly, she decided it would be best if she didn't relive memories of other friends long forgotten. Especially as she was on the floor where the pain had started.

Spoiler

Looking for a player to take on a quest with me on the sixth floor. Preferably someone with a fair amount of Mitigation.

@Kosan

It was a hot day, so hot, that Kosan could not spend the whole day sleeping. He was bored, and he didn't knew what to do. He was taking a break from the higher floors as he didn't want to die, not after what happened to some of the people he knew.. Still, he wasnt afraid of dying, he just thought there might be other plans for it. On this day, as he was so bored, he decided to look on the questing board, see if there is anything important happening .. "Hmm.." he said "A wild beast, burning down the forest ? I could take care of it..". He said, as he saw there was one party looking for players.. "I could help them, they seem lower level... but what if they are a PK, or a bait used by PK to attract higher levels..? I'm going to help her out, but i will be careful" He said as he sent her a message with a meeting point. 

- Message that was sent -

Yo. I saw your announce on the request board, about how you were looking for a team to take care of a burning beast? Count me in. Meet me in Krycim, either tonight, so we get to know eachother, or tomorrow, but let me know as soon as possible.. I hate short notice. 

-Kosan

Spoiler

Total 580+20(skills) = 600 HP , level 29 , 58 energy , +1 Evasion , 1 % of total hp healing per rank of BH, 66 Dmg Mitigation , 10 dmg on a basic attack 

Edited by Kosan

Neo was waiting by the message board when she heard the notification sound of a message being sent to her. She hoped it was for the request she had put out earlier, thou knowing her friends it could just be one of them trying to make idle chat. Thankfully, it was someone who was offering to join her on the quest. She quickly drafted and sent a message back to them. She was hoping to get this done sooner than later. And of course, who knew what time of day it was for them on their floor. It seemed that many worked on very different schedules if you only used the position of the sun. And the clock in game wasn't that useful either as there was enough people that had flown into Japan from elsewhere that their day or night would be different times than for others. Regardless, they would hopefully come soon.

Spoiler

@Kosan

I'm by the tavern at the southern exit of Krycim right now. Look for a girl with two-toned hair, that would be me. I'll be here for a while, but I'll leave if you don't show up.

Kosan recieved the message back, and started making his way to the tavern at the southern exit of the city named Krycim. He did not spend that much time around the city, so he had to try and guide himself by either asking the other players or just following the signs or the map. Navigation was never his best point, but, nonetheless, he made it to the tavern. As soon as he entered, he was greeted by the npc's, which, offered him a drink. "Maybe later" he said, as he started looking around for the said girl. He noticed her, sitting at a table, not necesarely eating or drinking anything "Maybe she's nervous?" he said to himself, as he made his way to her. "Hello, name's Kosan. You are..?"He said, as he sat on the opposite side of her. He was waiting for the answer, while checking out her gear and her level, he wasnt that impressed, but she wasnt badly equipped either. Even though he knew her name, he wanted to make some chit-chat, to get to know his partner for the next quest.

Neo was waiting in the tavern patiently for the person to arrive. She didnt' have to wait too long as was met with someone who seemed rather grim. Regardless of what they were like, she didn't see any reason to distrust them. She had been emotionally stabbed in the back plenty of times before, but still was willing to trust someone. As they asked for her name, she just sent them a party invite. It had her name on it, and was the closest thing to a proper greeting she had figured worked unniversally. Once the party request was sent, she stood up and made sure everything was in its proper equipment slot before they were ready to head out. She also gave a quick once over of Kosan's gear. It was simple, and they were definitely a few levels higher than her.

No matter, I should still be able to do my fair share of damage for the quest. Let's just hope that they are a bit tabkier than me.

@Kosan

Kosan saw that the girl did not spoke "Is she extremely shy?" he thought to himself, without saying anything out loud, as he accepted the invitation. "so, what's your story Neo ?" he asked, as Kosan was thinking about getting something to drink, before they headed towards the quest. "Do you want to drink something ? Maybe we could have some kind of soda or maybe just a glass of sparkling water before we go towards the quest ? " He said to her, awaiting a response. He was not sure if she was just shy about the whole meeting a new person, or maybe there was something else, but she did seem like an ok person, one he could possibly trust. He took off his hood and his mask, unveiling his gray to white hair and his face, he had no reason in particular for hiding his face, but he just did not want to be known with his real life personality. "Well, i know i would like to drink something at least, i've run to get here and i must say, i am a bit exhausted" he said, ending it with a short laugh, as if it was real life. But then again, this game turned into their reality, with high level cooks being able to prepare food with an awesome taste, the same was for drinks and alcoholic beverages.

Instead of moving out, Neo was greeted with a short barrage of questions. She was unsure how to gesture to some of them, but she did make her way to the bar to get a drink. She quickly pulled up the menu and ordered herself a club soda. It wasn't much, but something she could have while letting them talk to their hearts content. She didn't want to spill her guts to anyone right now, but did offer a genuine smile to their bit of laughter. It wasn't large, but it was enough to convey that she didn't mind the humor.  Motioning for them to ccome sit with her at the bar, she drafted up a quick message and sent it his way. Though she had no clue how to gesture the two words to him, it certainly wasn't fair for him to receive no answer. Once sent, she turned back towards the bar to await further questioning. It seemed they would be one of the more talkative types, but that suited her just fine. It meant that she wouldn't be pressured to talk much if at all.

Spoiler

To: Kosan

It's Complicated

@Kosan

Kosan saw his message pop up, so he checked it.He saw that the message was from her, saying that "it's complicated". He was not understanding why she would not talk, but he did not want to pressure her into it either. as he made his way to the bar, he saw that the girl he just met did put up a genuine smile towards his kind of bad joke, and that did make him feel good. Kosan ordered a drink for himself, just a normal soda. "So.. i didn't really read the quest description. What do we have to do ?" he said.. as he was waiting for a reply, he said "And no messages this time. You can speak.. i won't bite. Sorry if i intimidated you" he apologized. He thought that, she didnt speak because she was scared of him. Truth be told, he was looking more like a PK'er than a friendly player, but that's the look he wanted, even though he had no bad intent.

Neo sat and sipped at her drink, giving them time to read the message she had sent. It wasn't that long, but a polite pause would still be expected. As he asked about the details of the quest, she was about to type out some of the dialogue that she had gotten until he said not to send a message. Deleting what she had, she just pointed towards the general direction the quest list would be in his HUD. She finished her drink and waited for them to respond before trying to order another. If they were leaving soon, she would hate to leave a fresh drink unattended. Regardless, she pulled up a crude picture of the flaming beast from one of the villagers she had prompted about the quest and sent it towards Kosan. It wasn't a very good depiction of it, but it got across her point a bit better than her silence would. Though messaging was about the only way she could be descriptive, she wanted to at least try to honor their wishes.

@Kosan

Only then Kosan understood she was a Mute.. he felt bad, he felt bad that he though she was just shy or something else, but he did not want to make a big deal out of it. "The beast looks quite tough, but from the image you can't really tell its size. I think we will be able to take it down easily" He said, at the end muttering "Also.. sorry.. you can use messages" realizing he was kind of a douche bag for telling her "No messages this time", without realizing she had a special condition. "Whenever you are ready, we'll get going" he said as he finished his drink, waiting for his partner to either order something else or get going. He did not have any clue where the quest was located at exactly, so he was going to follow her to the quest location and help her take out the said beast.

@Neopolitan

It didn't take long, but Neo saw the look of realization on Kosan's face shortly after she sent the image. She didn't blame him for trying to get her to talk. A lot of people just assumed she was shy at first, and everyone enjoyed getting the shy girl to talk. At the very least, he didn't seem to try to pressure her into using the speech that the game did give her like some people did. Closing the menu for ordering a drink, she rose from her seat and headed towards the exit. The details of exactly where the beast was were fuzzy, but if it was the terror that the villagers had described it as a general direction would suffice. Once they were close enough, a path of destruction would likely be able to lead their way towards the beast. She knew it was south of here, and that was about it. Not acknowledging his embarassment to try and make him not feel as down about it, Neo just looked behind her to make sure that he was following her.

@Kosan

As Kosan saw Neopolitan get up, he got up as well. He felt awful, he really did, and the fact that she ignored his sorry, just improved on his embarrassment. "I'll follow you" he said, as she turned around to check if he was following. Just before they went out, he made sure he had everything he needed for this quest, he always liked keeping a teleportation crystal just in case the quest goes bad. "Did you bring one of them?" he said, as he showed her the crystal just before exiting the tavern. Actually, don't worry about it, i don't think we will need it"He said laughingly. As they went outside the tavern, Neopolitan started heading south, with Kosan right behind her. The path was a simple dirt path, with really nothing special about it. As they were following the path and they were looking around, to see where the quest is, Kosan mumbled " I really am sorry " . He truly felt like a jerk for acting the way he acted back in the pub, even though he had no clue she was a mute. 

Walking through the dense jungle of the sixth floor, Neo kept her responses to a minimum. She didn't erally say anything about the teleportation crystal. She had never needed one, and had only run away from a fight once because she was in her gathering gear at that moment. Doing what she could to cut through the vines with her rapier, Neo began to look around for any signs of burning. It didn't take long to find the trail. Just before it came fully into view, Kosan issued an apology. She nodded her head, accepting it. Used to the misunderstandings, Neo was rather indifferent to how people took them. The forest began to turn black, a path of fiery destruction that could only have been left by the beast. They weren't much farther from it it now, and hopefully they would be well equipped to fight it. Giving her gear one last check, Neo began to push her way through the fallen trees and burnt vegetation.

@Kosan (OOC: You can spawn the beast next post if you'd like, or I'll do it in my next one)