[F21] Brokering Information w/ Pinball & Hikoru

Log Entry Fifteen

I look for more information about better quests to do. In doing so I meet up with a recent acquaintance of mine and he takes me to meet a friend of his. This friend is... interesting.

------------------------

Cosi had been spending quite a bit of time on the twenty first floor, which as a level fourteen player probably was not the best idea. So Cosi stuck to the safe zones so he wouldn't even accidentally run into any mobs because on this high of a floor the monsters here could probably one shot the low level player. Cosi simply walked around the main city- Tomoaki was it?- looking at the NPC and PC shops alike and seeing all the players and nonplayer characters run about the subterranean city. That's when Cosi spotted a familiar face and a familiar familiar. Damn it brain. It was the dark haired Pinball and his shadow cat Zommeko? Cosi couldn't really remember. He had only met the guy once. Still it was a familiar face so Cosi called out to the spear wielder. "Pinball! Hey, Pinball!" Cosi tried to get the front liner's attention and when he did he would wave his hand in greeting and move towards him.

@Pinball

Edited by Cosi

Despite previously being one of the most active cooks on the frontlines, Pinball was horribly lazy. The convenience and content feeling of buying something from an NPC shop was akin to spending money on fun but useless items in a video game. Pinball smiled as he held the freshly baked donut, the warm, gooey dough seeping through the napkin he used to hold it. I'm living my best life. Zomekko seeped out of her jar in a shadowy pool, reforming as a cat on the ground, and then floating up beside Pinball's shoulder, staring at him and then staring at the donut. He twisted away from the cat. "You can't even eat anything," he grumbled, then cocked his head, confused. "Wait. Can you?
It was then that he heard a vaguely familiar voice calling his name. He took a bite of his donut, and for a moment forgot what he was doing. The pastry seemed to melt in his mouth, and Pinball was immediately filled with nostalgia. This is it. This is my childhood. This is heaven. He let out an audible, satisfied hum. Then he snapped out of it. Wiping the glaze off of his mouth with a thumb, Pinball looked to see Cosi approaching him. His heart skipped a beat. Is he mad? Pinball shuffled in place. "Uhh, hey, man..?

"Hey Pinball! How are you doing man?" Cosi quickly pushed through the crowd over to the spear user and his pet shadow cat. Once Cosi had reached to the high level player he held out a hand. "How have you been since our desert excursion?" Cosi chuckles remembering the experience then continues, "I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see you here since it is nearly the highest floor we've got unlocked. I've just been here doing some fishing with Shield and others. I'm planning on going back down stairs to meet up with Mars to do a quest." Cosi finally stopped talking as he realized that he was rambling, and gave the dark haired player a chance to respond. Cosi waited patiently, hoping that the two of them hadn't left on such a bad note that Pinball was unhappy to see him. Cosi hoped not. He was much to excited to see a familiar face on this floor. 

@Pinball

• 2 months later...

He had been surprised to find such a tasty treat in the bowels of the Dark Elf city, but not disappointed. His attention drifted momentarily back to the sweet dessert in his hands before snapping back to Cosi. "Oh! Yeah, uhh, pretty... pretty good." His words were, as a general rule, tense and not too pleasant - it usually gave off the impression he wasn't interested in conversation, when usually, the opposite was true. He listened patiently (or, he looked impatient, the way he tapped his foor and bit into his snack, staring off), as Cosi explained his business on the 21st Floor. Not like he really cared, though it was probably a bit dangerous to be out and about alone. Pinball nodded, quickly swallowing a mouthful of donut before he resumed nodding, almost excitedly. "A quest," he echoed, then, not too quick to let go of conversation, added, "do you know which you'd be doing? Mars isn't the best at uhh... gauging... things." He shivered, knowing damn well he'd eventually rope the two of them into doing something that was supposed to be for players way above their respected levels.  

@Cosi

Edited by Pinball

Cosi grinned, Pinball seemed a little distracted maybe even impatient, but the blonde haired player just kept talking. He wasn't trying to be rude. It was just nice to see a familiar face and he wanted to get to know Pinball better. "Its a quest on floor five I believe. The survival one or something that gets you a new skill. Mars said there wouldn't be any fighting but that it would be hard all the same. Besides its in the desert and I hate the desert." Cosi shuddered slightly at the thought of the hot sandy floor then he waved it off and looked back to Pinball, "So what are you doing? I don't mean to pry. I'm just wondering?" Cosi waited for the spear user's response looking around as he did so just watching the passing players and NPCs and also taking glances at Pinball's interesting pet shadow cat. 

@Pinball

Pinball swallowed, awkwardly lifting the half-eaten pastry with one hand. "Uhh... I'm eating," he replied, glancing to the left. Zomekko floated up and down his chest and stomach, coiling and uncoiling, floating off to the side to hover by his face, and then spilling back into the jar tied to his belt with a leather string. Pinball watched lazily, taking another, silent bite of his donut before finishing it. He crumbled up the napkin he had been using to hold it, wiped his fingers, and tossed it aside, where it shattered in a small puff of crystals. "I was actually asking," Pinball began, shoving his hands in his pockets, "because I know a guy who knows like... a lot about quests an' stuff. I actually have to go back and visit him now, I think.
Cosi had actually just reminded him; it hadn't been too long ago, but he had made a deal with Hikoru. He had wanted quest information, and Hikoru had agreed to share some if Pinball were to offer up his spear to study. Something about the Cursed enhancement and how it scales with tier? Pinball shrugged. "But, yeah, that's... probably... where I'm going.

Cosi nods and gives Pinball a grin, "Fair enough." Then at the mention of Pinball's friend who knew about quests Cosi continued, "Mind if I tag along with you and meet him? I've got some free time before I need to go meet up with Mars to do the quest. Plus I love meeting new people, especially in this case since it sounds like your friend is smart and knowledgeable about SAO. " Cosi thought as he waited on Pinball's answer. I know I'm not the greatest friends with Pinball but he seems like a nice- albeit a little awkward- guy so I bet any friend of his is pretty cool. Also Pin's really strong- maybe even stronger than Mars- so his friend's probably high leveled as well. The blonde haired player shrugged to himself then turned his attention back to Pinball and reiterated, "So.. Mind if I join you to see this friend?" 

@Pinball

When asked if it was alright for him to come along, Pinball shrugged. His eyes aagain drifted away from Cosi. It was evident through the way he was acting that he had other things on his mind - or maybe he was just uncomfortable around the aspiring tank? When they last met, they hadn't really parted ways on the best of terms. At least, not in Pinball's eyes, anyway. He had been kind of mean. So taking him to see Hikoru... maybe it was almost like his way of repaying him for the way he had acted. "Yeah, no dude, I don't mind," Pinball finally replied, shoving his hands in his pockets. He swayed a bit. "He's on this floor, actually. Let's go." And with that he whirled around, and began to lead the other player through the city. As they walked, Pinball shot a quick glance back at the guy behind him. "Hey, so... what are you doing on such a high floor, anyway?

Cosi gave pinball a lopsided grin as the spear user agreed for Cosi to tag along, "Thanks Pinball." As soon as the front line player started moving Cosi was quick to follow and fell into step alongside Pinball. He's seems a little distracted, Cosi thought to himself as they walked, I wonder what he could be thinking of. Cosi then remembered that the last time they had parted ways hadn't been the best. Cosi was always willing to let bygones be bygones be bygones- forgive and forget- but not everyone was like that. I hope he still doesn't feel guilty for that. Cosi was broken from his reverie as Pinball asked him a question. "What am I doing here? Oh, well I was just doing some fishing with Shield. He's a front liner as well so I bet you know him. Kind of big guy, dark brown hair, doesn't use any weapons, one hundred percent tank. He's pretty cool. Yeah I've been doing a couple of quests with him lately." 

@Pinball

As they made their way down the streets of Floor 21, with Pinball leading the way, he did his best to remember the directions he had been taught a long time ago. Should be a left up here, he thought, biting his lip. He did make an effort to listen to Cosi's reply, though, and he glanced back again, a bit of a worried look on his face. "Ah, well, Shield is a good tank, I know, but uhh..." He thought of creatures like Ugzeke, who had almost hit even Pinball - even when Hestia had been with him. "Just don't go too far off on your own, and like... keep a TP Crystal on you. People forget to do that." It didn't take them terribly long to find Hikoru's cave - more or less the better part of twenty minutes to travel the whole distance. He slowed to a stop as he approached the stone entrance. "It's uhh... kinda secret." He walked up to the giant, menacing doorway - if you could call it that, the way the skull hung from it - and banged on it. He looked back to Cosi sheepishly. "Hopefully he's... he's here." He paused. "Oh wait!" He skipped over to a gem embedded in the rock, and pushed it. "Ring, ring," he hummed.

@Hikoru@Cosi

Cosi nodded at Pinball's advice. "Thanks for the advice." I should actually get some TP crystal just in case. Never know when I might need a quick escape. The way to Pinball's friend's how was kind of convoluted and long but Pin knew the path flawlessly. Or at least he knew it better then Cosi would even after multiple times of being walked through it. The duo ended at a large iron door emblazoned with a large skull upon it. A little creepy, Cosi thought to himself but he kept quiet, Everyone has there own tastes. Pinball banged on the door then waited as the dull thud echoed. The two players waited for a short spell before Pin seemed to remember something. The spear user moved over to a jewel embedded in the rock wall and pressed it. "Cool door bell." Cosi said mostly to himself, then he said louder to Pin, "Your friend does seem very secretive."  

@Hikoru

Hikoru sipped on his coffee quietly, sitting at his desk with papers almost everywhere, except the spot where the coffee was. He had been busy working again. WIth things preparing for the possibility of a new floor and new hints of quests, things had gotten hectic for him. He decided to take a break to let his mind relax. He could really go for a good meal at the nearby cafe, but he knew if he left, somebody would catch him and pull him onto a quest. He knew that he was able to stay home and not possibly- and then the doorbell rang. He bolted up, knowing for a fact that nobody had sent him a message ahead of time. He immediately threw on his cloak and gripped the hilt of his dagger as he walked to the door. He looked out the eyehole and saw it was Pinball. He let out a sigh of relief. That's when he noticed the person standing next to him. A new player he hadn't seen before. Nor did he recognize enough to know if he had a file. He raised a curious eyebrow, then pressed the button next to the door, the giant skull door rolling away from where it once sat and revealed inside was a deeply rich door, which Hikoru opened with a nod, his hood covering most of his face, except the bottom portion of his face, just showing his mouth.

"Good to see you Pinball, although I thought we agreed not to let others know?" He asked curiously. He motioned for the two of them to come in. "It's good you came though, I wanted to test your Spear. I have a slime farm you can use if you like." He spoke quietly, keeping an eye out for anyone that could be trying to ambush him, using them as a decoy.

"Hello, Hikoru," he replied politely, a little too quickly - and so he paused when the Info-Broker went on to mention the fact that they had agreed not to let anyone else know about their agreement. He felt his heart stop for a moment. Had they agreed to that?? He couldn't remember! Pinball started to panic, but the man went on to nonchalantly invite them inside, bringing up the topic of his spear. "Ah, uh, right, he's, umm... he was... he's cool," he managed. He'd tell him what he had brought him here for once they were inside - if Cosi didn't do that himself. Pinball nodded, gritting his teeth, wide-eyed and embarrassed as he trudged inside, following Hikoru's invitation. He almost had a bit of trouble getting his spear through the door. 
He found himself in the front room, and he stood awkwardly close to some of the seats, probably waiting for permission to sit down. He didn't know what to do with his hands, or which way was the most polite to hold his spear, so he planted the butt of it firmly against the floor and stood uncomfortably straight as he waited for... things to happen. 

With a loud grinding noise the skull doorway- apparently actually just a stone- rolled away revealing a second much more normal but still very nice door way. The door swung open, opened by a player- most likely male- covered nearly head to toe by a dark blue cloak. Whenever the cloak shifted Cosi glimpsed dark clothes beneath. The hood obscured the player's face even. Very secretive. Once the player started talking, Cosi could tell that it was a guy. Apparently Pinball wasn't supposed to tell anyone about this place but then the player- Hikoru- invited both of them in. Cosi gave Pin an apologetic grin and stepped inside the hidden home. I need to get myself a home soon so I can stop sleeping in my shop. Cosi mentally shrugged and turned to Hikoru, "Hi, I'm Cosi. Nice to meet you and thank's for allowing me in your house..." Cosi couldn't think of anything else to say so he extended his hand. 

@Hikoru

• 1 month later...

Hikoru watched behind them as they entered, making sure nobody was trying to sneak into the home. He closed the door quickly as he heard the stone rumble behind the dark oak door, and Hikoru held his breath until the stone stopped to rumble. Letting out a sigh of relief. He leaned on the door and yawned, pulling back his hood, revealing his raven black hair and grey eyes, with dark circles under them. He had been working tirelessly with the rumors, as a flood of them along with information on fake Unique Skills and things of the sorts came to him, keeping him up late many nights. He went over to his desk, grabbing a cup of coffee from his desk and filling it with cream and sugar. He gave two small clicks, and Sir Rolland piped up, making his way towards the kitchen, a small clatter being heard.

"Coffee, Tea and small snacks will be out soon." He said with a nod, then took a sip and motioned towards the seats. "Please, go ahead and take a seat." He spoke, as he did it himself, sitting at the chair nearest to the kitchen and the stairway up. He let out an audible groan as he sat, his body resting and enjoying the comforted seat compared to the one at his desk, which was made to keep him focused. "So, what can I help you with?"

Photos of House (If you want references):

Spoiler

It wasn't the first time he had been in Hikoru's estate, and now it didn't seem like it was going to be the last. He hadn't taken advantage of the stealthy fighter's offer quite yet, but Pinball was warming up to the idea of it, especially with his intentions of joining the frontlines soon. It would be good to have somebody watching his back. 
"Ah, tea!" Pinball exclaimed excitably, almost forgetting his manners. He really liked tea. And small snacks. Good God, he was such a fatass. "Oh, right," he said. He motioned towards Cosi. "So I, um. Spear..?" He shook his head, turning back to Hikoru, though finding he wasn't able to make eye contact with the guy now. "Uhh, so you said to come back when this spear... like went a tier up. Since you wanted to study the Cursed enhancement. So.. I'm back now.
He lazily pointed to Cosi again. "And uhh, I just... thought it'd be good for him to. Like. Know people.