[PP|F03] Kata(gawa) get going <<Worn out Welcome>> (Katagawa)

Dustin walks into a shop and smiles. "I'll have a leather coat, It's gotta be black." He says. "It's gotta be a trench coat and it's gotta be dope." He adds, sitting up on the counter. "I will make you this coat, But you have to get the materials." The blacksmith says. The player tilts his head and thinks. "I'll get you those materials. I have to go get them though." He says, walking out of the shop. He walks to a bench and sits down. "I've gotta kill that elf real quick. This sweatshirt is getting annoying." He looks to the sky and draws his sword. He rests his sword on his lap and starts checking it for damage and reading the stats. "Dang, she's getting old. I don't want to retire her just yet, but I may have to." He says, sheathing his sword and standing up rather business like. "Whelp, I've got to go fight some monsters. Oh man, today is gonna be..." He gets cut off walking into a girl and falling back. He looks up to see the girl who hates giving people hope and he frowns.

@Katagawa

Hokori was making her rounds once again to find new players. She was also debating about getting some different gear. It was still in the air whether or not she wanted to go for the build she was heading towards right now. Being lost in thought, Hokori had started to become still in the middle of a road. She didn't do this normally, but it was something that was causing her serious thought. She was still lost in thought when she felt someone collide with her. She looked over and noticed someone familiar on the ground. It waas someone she didn't entirely get along with, but she still reached a hand out to help them up. "Sorry for that, was lost in thought. Probably sshould've moved to the side first." She offered an apologetic smile as she kept her hand out to lift them up. Whatever there was between them didn't mean she shouldn't be kind.

@Dustin

Dustin grabs Katagawa's arm and she helps him up. "Don't worry about it, I was lost in though too." He says, rubbing the back of his head. He stands up and looks at her, "Let's go, and don't worry, there's no inspiring false hope on this quest." He winks at her. He turns and walks forward. The boy had completely let go of his anger towards her, but that doesn't mean he likes her. "I'm sorry, that was uncalled for." He says. He starts to hum a new song. This song was sad, and he slouched down with his shoulders low. He truly was sorry and he did want to reconcile, and he couldn't wait to get the opportunity to do it. He wanted them to have at least a friendship. "Oh yeah, do you want to come on the quest with me? I promise, no more mean statements." He says, pulling down his hood. His hair was still, but still looked unkempt. He couldn't wait to get the opportunity to hear her apology. Psh, I was right, I don't have to apologize. He smiles and starts humming his favorite song again.

@Katagawa 

Hoisting Dusint back to his feet, she rolls her eyes as he mentions raising false hopes. As much as she didn't like it happening, she didn't think anyone should rub in their differences to another person. SHe was about to turn away when he called back towards her. "Sure, I've got nothing better to do at the moment. Where is the quest at?" SHe wanted to get a few more details before sending a party invite towards them. Though she saw no reason to distrust them, she was unsure whether or not she could effectively work with them. If this quest was going to be difficult, she may not want to go with someone she could disagree with. If it was one of the more straightforward ones, she felt she could still take it on even if she was having some conflicts. She smoothed out her armor, waiting for Dustin's response.

Is there a need to apologize for our differences, or should I just let them be? I guess we'll need to see how they act and take it from there.

@Dustin

Dustin pushes the accept button on the party invite. He thought back on how they worked together before. "I'm sorry if I've been rude to you before." He says, not turning towards her. "I was rude to you, and I understand if you want to leave." His voice was more serious than before. He was sorry, and he didn't want this to go down hill. "It's funny, I thought I was in the right. I wanted you to apologize to me. Then I came to my senses. I am sorry." He says. His voice still serious as it can be. The boy thinks about what could happen, and looks down. "Look, I know we're going to survive." The boy adds and moves forward. His cloak, still hiding his gear, blows in the wind and he holds it so it doesn't reveal his gear. He doesn't like people knowing how strong he is, so he always wears this cloak, until battle.

@Katagawa

The party was formed and Hokori was gearing up to go. "Don't worry about it. I've dealt with far worse men than you. Being a female in a male dominant major at a university will bring out the worst in some people. You still haven't told me about this quest of yours though." She waited patiently for his response, not wanting to rush him. She did her customary equipment checks as she did wait. Smoothing out her armor, making sure there were no creases in the dress underneath it. She equipped her sword, and it appeared horizontally across her lower back to rest lightly on her hips. The angle of the sword made it too uncomfortable to walk around with constantly, but it wasn't so bad she could always have it equipped in the field. Sword Art Online's bewildering stmaina system also meant that she could carry the sword as much as she wanted to, though it often hindered her movement. Double checking her consumable slots, she saw that her potions were in fact there, but she only wished to use them if an emergency came upon her. HOpefully that wouldn't happen for quite some time.

@Dustin

Dustin looks to the girl in her elegant dress. "If you're gonna get battle ready, I will too." Dustin says, pulling off his cloak and moving forward. He heads out into the woods and turns to the girl. "I'm gonna be on striking, you might have to stay back a bit." He explains, drawing his sword and rests it on his shoulder. His jacket's hood covered his head and he held his hand out. "It's not because I think you're weak, I think you're strong actually, but I like to fight. I like to rush in and fight, so having some sort of plan might help us." He continues. His sword moves down by his side and he continues. The boy pulls down his hood and turns to the girl, "That's a cool sword, I didn't get to see it too well in the dark." The boy keeps walking into the woods and laughs, reminiscing about the last quest they took together.

Though it was good the two of them were beginning to work more in tandem, Hokori couldn't help but notice that they were still trying to take charge. She didn't offer any counterpoint though, not wishing to cause further strife. It wasn't going to make this outing end very well for either of them. He talked about having a strategy, though he didn't provide a solid one. She began to come up with a plan of her own, one where they lived long enough for her to engage and one where they didn't. If they were going to rush in and take the damage off of her, she would at least know she could be safe. It was an unecessary risk, especially considering their lack of heavier plate armor like her own, but if they were willing to take the risk she would let them. SHe didn't respond until they complimented her sword. She kept her answer concise, not wishing to talk too much. "Thank you." From her past experience with them, it seemed the more the two of them talked, the more they would drift apart from different ideaologies.

@Dustin

Dustin keeps quiet, because he has nothing to say for once. It was the first time he didn’t want to say the wrong thing again, because she seemed like a nice enough person to be friends with. The last time he said something, they ended up not liking each other so Dustin decided to keep quiet for a the rest of the quest. I don’t want to ruin what could be a good friendship, so I won’t talk unless spoken to. The boy hears a stick snap and turns quickly. “That’s gotta be the elf.” He charges through the bushes, so fast that he appears to be a smudge on a screen. A blue glow shines through the bushes and flashes, disappearing completely. He reappears on the other side of the bushes as the Elf had caught him by the shirt and tosses him to the side. The player manages to catch himself with his hand and push himself around to land on his feet and runs back to the girl’s side. “Remember the plan? Okay, let’s do this.” He charged in and charges his sword blue.

Spoiler

ID: 105838

BD: 1

Dustin’s attack misses

MD: 9

Dark elf gets a small crit

9 + 1 = 10 DMG

10 - 14 = 1 DMG

180 - 1 = 179 HP

Dustin: 179/180 HP | 16/18 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 EVA | 0 HATE

Dark Elf: 12/12 HP | 9 DMG

@Katagawa

Edited by Dustin

As the two walked in silence, Hokori made sure to keep a vigilant lookout for anything that may come to attack the two of them. She was still unsure as to what all this quest entailed, but it seemed to have something to do with taking out some ungracious hosts. Her head turns as quickly as the boy's when a stick snaps behind them. Though it was strange an elf would snap a stick like that, Dustin ran in anyways. She was going to yell at him to stop, but it was already to late. It would've been much simpler if the three of them could've talked things out. It seemed that they wanted to just charge in and have all the glory for themselves. Though it was very stereotypical of them, she didn't mind it so much. If their pride ended up getting them killed, at least it didn't get someone else killed. She lumbered up slowly behind them, taking her time to find an opening. When she did, she quickly thrust her sword towards the elf. They saw the choreographed attack and nimbly dodged out of the way.

It seems that I will be needing to use some larger area attacks if I want to connect a blow.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #105842; BD: 2 + 1 = 3 - miss

[H: 0] @Katagawa: 180/180 HP | 16/18 EN (-2 miss) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC
[H: 0] @Dustin: 179/180 HP | 16/18 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 EVA

Dark Elf: 12/12 HP | 9 DMG

Dustin thinks back on his first attack and smiles. “I see what I did wrong.” He says, his sword art charged. He knew that he had run into a trap and knew that he could die there, if he didn’t act quickly. The players mind began to race through all the possibilities. There could be an army approaching. He could run out of energy and the elf could take his head. Either way, if Dustin does nothing, he’ll die, because his odds of survival drop every second he’s locked in that battle. “Just sit back, it’s my turn.” He says, lowering his torso and resting his blue blade on his off hand’s bicep. His off hand reached up and grabbed his forearm, making a box to support the sword. The player’s foot moves towards the enemy as he lunges forward in what appears to be a stabbing motion, and the elf begins to slash at him. Dustin, still having not released his sword art, side steps the sword and is on the elf’s side when he slashes at and angle. Then he slashes at two completely new angles, watching the elf’s health bar deplete yo nothing. “See? Like it was nothing.” He stands up and walks over to the girl. “I guarantee that if I would’ve messed up, it would’ve been up to you to save me.” He says, trying not to be braggy about this moment he was so proud of. He thinks the walk back wouldn’t be nearly as awkward as the walk there, but he will be wrong.

Spoiler

ID: 105843

BD: 6

Dustin uses Snake Bite on Dark Elf

5 x 3 = 15 DMG

12 - 15 = 0 HP

Dark Elf Dies

[H: 0] @Katagawa: 180/180 HP | 16/18 EN (-2 miss) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC

[H: 0] @Dustin: 179/180 HP | 16/18 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 EVA

Dark Elf: 0/12 HP | 9 DMG

Edited by Dustin

It didn't take long for Dustin to finish off the dark elf that had approached them, and Hokori began to relax. She didn't have much time though, as there was a movement in the bushes behind Dustin. She motioned for him to be quiet as she made her way over to them. Once she was closer, she could make out the faint outline of someone hiding in the bush. They seemed as though they were aware of her presence, and was tensed up in wait to attack.  She quickly brought her sword up and was going to strike down. The figure jumped out of the bush, attempting to sidestep the blow. Hokori knew that this was coming though, and was already turning her blade into a horizontal slash. The blade hit the second dark elf, and they burst into pixels with a look of surprise on their face. "There, I think we are finally not going to be interrupted."

Spoiler

Roll ID: #105909

BD: 4 + 1 = 5 + 1 (concentration) = 6 - hit

[H: 0] @Katagawa: 180/180 HP | 14/18 EN (-2 hit) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC (used concentration)

[H: 0] @Dustin: 179/180 HP | 16/18 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 EVA

Dark Elf: 0/12 HP | 9 DMG

"You did save me after all. Nice." He says, tilting his head. The boy had never had to really be saved before, he just always let the enemies attack him. It was nice to have someone watching his back, other than his brother. "I guess I owe you one, whatever you want, I'll pay up." His face turns to a smile as he shifts his focus over to the bush and laughs. The silence had consumed him again, and for the first time in a long time, he had no idea what to say. He turns to the trees and begins to walk forward, making his way out of the little clearing they had found themselves on and back to the trail that had taken them there. He begins to hum his favorite song but quickly stops in fear of annoying her. She appeared to be like Dustin used to be, before Kadin died. "Can I tell you why Hope is so important to me?" He asks, with a newly serious tone. He hadn't told more than two people about what made him lose hope and why he thinks it's important, but he was ready to tell her. "It's not like I don't see where you're coming from, saying false hope can destroy someone's spirits, but no hope at all is worse." He says, avoiding turning to her to talk. He pulls his hood up and puts his hands in his pockets, walking forward, back towards town.

@Katagawa 

With the threat of being attacked gone, Hokori was being able to relax once more. It didn't mean she had to watch out for Dustin opening his mouth once more. "There's no need for payment. You still holding your own life and learning from your mistake is all the payment I need." She didn't like sounding as formal, but it seemed to be the only way to communicate with people who were so social. She was much more used to the guy that couldn't speak in her presence. SHe followed him back towards the town, and listened closely. "Though having no hope is indeed a dire case. The loss of hope is what will bring down spirits the most. Always be honest about your odds. Don't make people think that they have more of a chance then they do." She knew it was going to be pointless to argue with them, but she would stand by her own statements.

@Dustin

Dustin’s blood boiled. “My brother tried every day to be a hero. And by every definition he was. He inspired hope, he helped no matter what he might lose. No matter who the person asking was.” He clenches his fist. Dustin had no longer wanted this girl to agree with him. He only wanted her to know why. “We don’t have to agree, but my brother died inspiring hope. It took me two years to see that when he died he let people down, but also he died in my place. Now I have to prove that his sacrifice wasn’t in vain.” The boy releases the pressure in his fist, as tears begin to form on his face. “I have two missions. To kill my brother’s killers, and to continue my brother’s mission. He wanted nothing more than to inspire hope. Even if that hope died out, even if that hope was in the wrong place, he wanted to be a hero. His killer deprived him of that. So I will succeed. Even if I die, my blade will go on, my legacy will go on, and he will go on. Maybe one day we won’t be trapped in this world anymore.” He stops himself, realizing that he almost told her what he was never supposed to say to anyone. But the he opened his mouth. “You have both in this game and in the real world. I can see by the way you carry yourself. Me, I was an average student with an introverted personality. I’m useless in the real world. Only my brother inspired me to be the way I am now. A 12 year old kid taught a 17 year old how to live.” He pulls his hood down. “That’s why I say hope is important. And I’m sure you’ve had your share of tragedy, we all have. But I’ve had my limit. I need hope or I’ll break.” He looks at a broken sword, he had just pulled out of his inventory.

@Katagawa

Hokori listened as Dustin began to ramble on about his brother. She debated cutting him off, but decided to let him vent the steam he had. As he began to wind down, she gave him a bit more time to fully collect himself. She gave a rather blunt response, but didn't wish to have him live with his own preconceptions if they weren't informed. "Heroes die, it's what happens to them. There's no avoiding that." she didn't mind so much that she might be shattering his hopes, she hated to see someone who didn't know the whole picture. "You can become the hero and follow your brother, but know that one day you will die the hero. Once you're dead, that hope will slowly dissipate and people will eventually forget you. I know that if I keep trying to play the hero I will die and embrace that. I don't want you to go down this path if you do not understand the risks that it involves. Np oint in you losing your life because you thought all heroes got medals and a happy ending."

@Dustin

“I know heroes die. I’m not a naive child. And I plan to die. I’m pretty much useless in the real world. Three people still need to die to avenge my brother. His killer, Kayaba, and me.” He says, clenching his fists. “My brother was going to die one day yes. But he deserved better than a spear through his chest from the player he was helping.” He says. The boy was angry at this point, not at the girl, not at himself, not even at the man who killed his brother. He was angry at the world. “I know, not everyone dies the way they deserve to die, but I was right there. I watched it happen, and I couldn’t do anything. It’s my fault he’s dead.” Dustin looked the girl in the eyes. “Don’t tell anyone about my plans. No one can know what I plan to do when this world is cleared.” He looks back to the ground and continues walking. “I don’t deserve to be a hero. I never will. I’m not even a model citizen. I’m a curse. That’s why when the game is cleared, I’m not logging off. I’m dying I’m the one place I was actually useful.” He says, walking into the town.

@Katagawa

With her little speech complete, Hokori just hoped that it would sink in. They seemed to get the idea, but perhaps they were more so trying to be a villain in this case. It would all depend on who won. "It's your life, though be careful you don't do something you'll regret one day." She knew that she was only able to kill things in this game because they were virtual. She wouldn't have the guts to kill another player. Incapacitate or maim, she could do. There was enough hardship in her life she could eventually resort to that. Killing was something she would never inflict on a living being. Death may be a part of life, but she wished not to speed nature's hand in their reclamation. It would be much better for her if she didn't see the life drain from their eyes.

But if I had to, would I kill someone? Could I get so bent on revenge I would swear to kill the killer? Could I stoop so low as to match their monstrosities?

@Dustin

Dustin made his way into town a few feet ahead of the girl. He had tried to be quiet this whole adventure and he failed. “I’m sorry if I annoyed you in anyway.” The boy apologizes and moves into the shop and hands the owner the materials. “I’ll have the jacket now.” He says, turning to the girl. “You know, I couldn’t have done it without you. Thanks for your help.” He says grabbing his new jacket and putting it on.

STYLE:

Spoiler

218077CB-D411-4795-9F44-000370DCA5B0.jpeg.5a39491987d0327a9c06bb43c27baef5.jpeg

Dustin looks at the girl and smiles with his new jacket on. He begins to walk out and stops at the door. “If you ever want a new weapon or armor, stop by my shop. It’ll be on the house.” He says, walking out into the crowd of people. He wasn’t trying to disappear, but he did. His new jacket fit in with all of the other players. He has no hood at this point, and has no need for a cloak. So he leaves it on a bench outside the town. His jacket came with a savvy slot, so he would always be good for a battle.

@Katagawa

Edited by Dustin

The rest of the walk to town was relatively quiet, which suited Hokori just fine. She hadd never wanted to really talk more about the sbject anyways. Once there, she just took whatever was available from the smith. She had no intention of using it, so she just stored it in her inventory to give to the next low level player she saw. Maybe she could sell it to a merchant so that she could get some cash for it. Either way, she didn't particularly care what she had on the item, it was not something she would use. Dustin faded into the crowd, and she wondered if she'd ever see them again. Perhaps she would, and hopefully then the reality of their situation would truly strike them. They may have said that they were already acknowledging they would die if they continued to be a hero, but she didn't think it had truly sunk in yet.

@Dustin (Write up the thread summary and I'll close the thread here once I can. Idc what enehancements you put on my gear, I won't be using it)