[PP-F01] The Sound Of Music <<Earning a Living: Performer>>

Ryo has been walking around with her new weapons around her hands as she was walking on floor one, the hand wraps are good to use in combat for hand to hand, but useless while she was using her war hammer. She then puts the hand wraps into her inventory and walks around again. Ryo seemed to have a good time walking around without doing stupid in her eyes, Her pink and yellow air flows on the wind that came around and Ryo lets out a small giggle. The time on floor one was getting better and better for her but she was more likely to be ashamed by her actions than anything else. She took out a food item and started to eat it while walking around, It was good to have food around at all times. She wanted to find a spot to start singing undisturbed and peaceful but, Then she hears Music being sung, Where is this coming from I have to find out, Where, where is it. She started walking to the music and came to a house that looked like a studio, she walked in and started to listen to the singing. there was no one in the front of the shop but the singing happened in the back Ryo wanted to know who was singing and moved up to the door at the back. However, she did not go inside and just stood there putting her ear on the door wanting not to disturb the lady behind the door.

@Katagawa

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hokori was wandering around the Town of Beginnings, debating whether or not she should look for more new players to help out. It was nice to still help them while getting a fair amont of experience herself. Though she felt it was sometimes unecessary to help at this low of a level, it was good to show the kindness of other players early. If not, several people may not be inclined to come to them for help. As she was wandering, she heard a melody carrying through the streets. It was soothing, and reminded her of her home when her mother would sing softly as she knit in the living room. Hokori made her way towards the source of the sound, eventually coming to an apartment. It also appeared to be some sort of store or studio. She made her way in to hear the tune more clearly, and saw that someone else was also enraptured by the music. Hokori waited silently, not wanting to disturb the song for either of them.

@Ryoko

Ryo was listening to the music not aware of the things around her, It sounded great and she wanted to know who was singing an NPC or a player. Ryo then looked back only to see another player standing there, "HIYEAAAH!" She yelled before stumbling into the door she was listening by. the door flew open with Ryo and at the same moment the music stopped, What the ... where did she come from, ooh no Ryo what have you done you, idiot, she thought sitting on the ground of a studio now. The female player with blond hair scared her a bit but it was mainly Ryo's fail for trying to listen to the singing from behind the door.

The female NPC that was singing walked up to the two and smiled at them "Hello there, I do hope you enjoyed my singing," She said with a smile. Ryo looked behind her while still on the ground to ashamed to move, "H...Hello there," she said with a low voice becoming a bit red. The NPC came closer to Ryo and kneeled next to her, "Aw girl, No need to be scared, I'm not mad or anything I love singing for others," The NPC said with a smile. Ryo did not smile however and just nodded and pointed to herself, "I was... Just c...curios who was s...singing, I... Love Singing so... Yeah," she stopped for a second, "SORRY IM VERY SORRY MISS," she said right after that

@Katagawa

Hokori was enjoying the music, when the girl with the colorful hair turned around and saw her. She was about to apologize for intruding when the screamed out and stumbled through the door. She was quite embarassed, though didn't show it on her face. Walking into the room where the NPC was singing, she gave a deep, apologetic bow. ""Apologies for my intrusion. I wished only to listen to your music." Raising from her bow, Hokori then bowed over to the other girl. "And apologies for not notifying you of my presence. I didn't wish to interrupt you. You seemed rather engaged with the music." Hokori stood from her bow and walked over to who she assumed was another player character. With a clink of her heavy armor that was still equipped, she offered a hand towards them to pull them back up. It wasn't much to make up for startling her like that, but at least she could try and make reparations to her in a timely manner.

@Ryoko

Ryo Looked at the other player that apologized to the NPC and Ryo, "No... No, It was my fault... I um, was not p...paying attention," She said as she became red while saying this. As the blond then stuck out her hand to help Ryo up she accepted it and with help from the blond player stood on both two legs again. "Thanks," was the only thing that came out of her right now. The female NPC stood up as well and smiled at the two, "Seeing you both here makes me wonder, would you like to learn how to bring enjoyment to others in terms of singing? I would love to help you." She said beckoning the two girls to come more into her studio. Ryo looked a bit confused at this time while being red, "Y...you mean it?" she said while thinking, Wait is this some sort of quest I have not heard about, It sounds interesting and I would love to sing so why not. Ryo looked at the blond next to her with a look on her face like, are you coming too?

As the female NPC sits down and points at two seats in her studio, "You two can sit there, I will start to record a song, and you two can watch me and take notes on how to sing, the vocalization of the words is key to making a good product," the NPC said before turning away to grab something, "Ooh, I know this... It is not hard, I have my own band and all," she said just hard enough for the other player to hear not knowing she said this out loud.

@Katagawa

With the player on their own two feet once more, Hokori only gave a nod of her head as an acceptance of her thanks. She was going to speak more with them when the NPC interrupted her. It seemed as though she was offering to train the two of them in a profession. She was unsure whether or not this was an actual quest or perhaps they would just learn how to use the game more effectively to vocalize what they wanted. Regardless, it would be interesting to listen to what the NPC had to teach. She also heard the comment about the other girl having been in a band in the real world. She decided not to say anything though, as it seemed as though she was trying to keep that to herself. Pulling up a window to write notes on, she sat down and crossed her legs at the ankles. Perhaps she would be able to learn quite a bit from the NPC .

@Ryoko

Ryo looked at the NPC as she was getting something, as then she looked at the blond next to her who seemed to want to learn a bit a the NPC. As the came back with a bit a sad look on her face and stood in front of the girl ," Sorry Girls, I have completely ran out, would you two be a dear and get me five crystals each. Recording Crystals are a part of the job and so you have to make them before you could use them to make people happy," The NPC says giving both the girls a quest to get five materials from the wilderness. Ryo stood up and nodded, "Sure," she said as she then looked at the other girl, "Um... We can go togheter right?" she asked her with a bit of a stutter in her voice. It would be fun maybe if I go out with her and we both do this quest, it sound like fun so why not, she thought before sending the girl a party invite, it said, Ryoko LV3 wants to form a party with you, the girl could accept it or not it was up to her.

@Katagawa

Though dissappointed they weren't able to learn before going to work on things, Hokori knew the value of hands-on experience. It was a little strange for her field, as hands-on meant dealing with things you still couldn't touch, but it still would make for a good chance to gather knowledge. As she made her way to send the party invite to the girl, she received one herself. Geussing it was from thenm, she quickly accepted it. With a slight bow, Hokori inntroduced herself to the girl. "My name is Katagawa. Feel free to shorten it if you'd like, many people seem to prefer that." She knew that being formal wasn't really needed in this situation, but she couldn't help herself from doing it. Being this polite was one of the few ways she was ever able to get respect back in her home town. Of course, she was also expected to be much more submissive back then. Straightening from her bow, Hokori quickly made her way outside of the shop. Once she knew that Ryoko was coming with her, she would make her way towards the exit for the Town of Beginnings.

@Ryoko

As the girl accepted the invite her name popped up, Katagawa Interesting name, oh wait I did not even say hello, she thought as it seemed the girl did a bow herself and introduced herself with the name. Ryo did the same and bowed to the girl "Um... The name is Ryo...ko Just please just call me Ryo, Nice to meet you... Kat?" she said as she got back up from her bow as well. Ryo followed the girl out of the studio and walked with her to the exit, "Um... Sorry, Kat If ... I don't speak much it is just... well I am still a bit ashamed of what happened so sorry if you felt bad scaring me," she said sounding a bit calmer then before. she lets out a sigh and looks at the sky, "Sometimes I wish I was not so clumsy as I am now, But at least I can like this quest, I really love to sing," as she started to hum a song a bit while walking next to the Katagawa.

@Katagawa

Hokori listened to the girl who called went by Ryo as the two made their way towards the fields on the first floor. She offered responses as quickly as she could. "Kat is fine." She started out speaking in a very dignified tone, though she eventually softened up into a more casual tone. "There's no need for you to be ashamed about what happened, I shouldn't have been standing silent for so long." Hokori tucked an out of place strand of heir behind her ear. "I never really sung on my own, though I would always listen to my mother sing when I was a little girl. I wished she did it more, but it's been so long since I've heard her voice." She didn't say it, but the reason she was going through with this was so that she could relive the memories of her mother's singing. They were some of the best memories she had, and they were skipping away while she was stuck in this death game.

@Ryoko

Ryo felt a bit sad to the girl wanting to hear her mother sing again and Ryo came up with something, "Yeah once we were done looking for the materials... I can um, Sing for you if you want. Maybe it is a bit different from the NPC but I still love to sing for you If you want," she said to Kat, Ryo wanted to sing for people but she was not really used to singing alone. Ryo can remember she has done this once before singing for people and that time a lot of people walked up, of course, It was in the main plaza so it was not hard or anything like that.

Outside in the wilderness, the wind had a nice breeze going, and Ryo lets out a breath as she put her face into the wind. After that She started looking around in the hopes they could return a bit faster. It had not much effect as it seemed like it was quite empty here so close to the gate of the city, "Maybe... We have to go a bit that way," she said pointing into the distance

@Katagawa

Spoiler

Role ID: 105874

LD: 2 [failed]

Materials: 0

Edited by Ryoko

Hokori listened as the girl kindly gave her offer. "I have a feeling we will be able to sing for each other if we conttinue to do this quest together. I doubt that the NPC will have us not sing before giving us whatever reward they have in store." She did want to sing herself, though it would be good to hear someone else's singing again.

Moving out into the plains, Hokori remembered the first time she had come out here. It was for a similar purpose, though this time it felt like the reward would be more substantial. With as Ryo was enjoying the simulated wind, Hokori quickly picked up a small crystal half buried in the ground. She was unsure whehter or not it would work, and as she tried to put it into her inventory her fear was confirmed. Guess things wouldn't be as easy as she was hoping them to be.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #105878

LD: 14 - so close (no mats)

@Ryoko

"Both seemed to not have much luck, do we," she said as she looked at Kat. It was harder than it normally was for two players to find each five materials looked to be harder than thinking Literally, So... Finding the materials would be a proof of its own well lets see how much luck we have there, She thought before moving on to look for something else.

As for this time, Ryo seemed to have a bit more luck than before as she spots a small stone on the ground and upon putting it in her inventory it seemed she found herself the first Crafting Material she needed. "Okay, Let's keep this Train doing," she said full energy and started to look for more, she almost looked like she was some sort of athletic person playing a game. She then turned to Kat for a bit to see how she was going on her end.

Spoiler

ROLL ID: 105889

LD: 16

Materials 1/5

@Katagawa

Edited by Ryoko

With Ryo starting to find materials of her own, Hokori was hoping she could find some as well. She didn't seem to have much luck though. It was slim pickings around the area and there wasn't another material to be found. It seemed that although the rest of the materials she had collected were universal, these were much more specific. "Seems as if the luck isn't being shared at the moment." She kept a kind tone in her voice, not having any malice that Ryo was ahead of her. She knew that she would be going at her own pace and that some would end up faster than her. She was just determined that everyone could make it to the front to help out with the people risking their lives there. It was unfair for people to ride off of their backs and expect to get out of this game for free.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #105906

LD: 6 - no mat (0/5)

@Ryoko

She looked At Kat as she was having less luck then herself, "Well you can have some of my luck, So here," she said and moved up to Kat and gave her a hand of air, "Well I know luck cannot be given but just, Like um, a gift that you can't see but feel maybe," she said with a smile starting to look around again. As she looked left and right she seemed to look at an item laying on the ground, She picked it up and on putting it in her Inventory she seemed to pick up another Crafting material. She lets out a small cheer as her competitive side came up more and more, "two against..." she stopped just before she could finish it and looked at Kat, "Nothing... I hope my Luck will help you as well," she said quite just to make sure she did not start anything stupid.

@Katagawa

Spoiler

Roll ID: 105930

LD: 15

Materials 2/5

Edited by Ryoko

Hokori continued to find no materials, but there was still a conversation going so she wasn't worried. She gave a bit of a laugh as Ryoko bestowed some luck towards her. "Thank you, though we'll see how much I'll actually need." It was possible that it could take all day for her to get the materials that she needed. Maybe it would be faster to go up a floor or two and kill some basic enemies. She didn't know how often materials dropped from them, but she figured that it would be a decent way if the girl could also fight. Saving it away for later, Hokori continued her still fruitless search. "Don't worry about getting ahead of me. We'll end up with all the materials we need eventually." At least, that was what Hokori was hoping to happen, who knew if the game would starve her of the resources she needed.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #105939

LD: 10 - no mats

@Ryoko

Ryo slimed at Kat as she said not to worry about how much Materials had, "Yeah... I believe so too, yeah..." she said while really she did not know much about the game itself as she was mostly busy with her singing in real life and was just not really a gamer but got into the game because her older brother allowed her to go first while he prepared some dinner for the two. getting her mind back into the search looked to be harder then Ryo was thinking and it seemed her search train ran out of luck and she was back to finding nothing. "Oh that is sad, it seemed Like we both are not finding anything useful here... Um, maybe it was ... um, how do you say that" she paused a second to think of the way her brothers called it back in the day, "Ooh yeah, Looted, maybe it was already looted around here," she said to Kat who seemed to have also no hope in finding any. 

[OOC: Won't be posting on full speed Neo, I got quite Sick]

@Neopolitan

Spoiler

Roll ID: 105951

LD: 10 [Failed]

Materials 2/5

Edited by Ryoko

Hokori continued to try and find any materials that were hidden in the area, but there were none to be found. "It seems to be that way indeed." The lack of materials being seen was a little disturbing to her, but it wasn't unusual. The first floor was abundant with players still starting out in this game. Each one slowly making their way over their inhibitions. Though it was good that more of the game's population was getting involved, it meant that this area would be constantly devoid of many resources. If new players kept coming in here and farming it up, there would be little spawning between groups arriving. "Perhaps we should make our way to the second floor to get materials off of monsters. I don't know how high of a level you are, but I should be able to cover for you. I do have the gear to take quite a few hits." Realizing how ridiculous her statement might sound, she quickly amended it. "Up to you of course."

(OOC: It's fine, take all the time you need. I am serious about going to do combat if you would like, though)

Spoiler

Roll ID: #105957

LD: 6 - no material

@Ryoko

Ryo looked around while Kat talked to her, It seemed like she had a good idea she just did not know what level Ryo was. The truth be told so did Ryo as well, as she then opened the menu and looked at her stats, "Ooh yeah, No worry about me. I'm level 3 but I can handle myself well," she said getting out two gauntles around her hands that almost looked like bones bolted to some hand wraps. She then puts her hands against each other and smiles "I can do it you know... But um, I never have been past floor one so maybe you could take the lead here," she said sounding a bit nervous once she mentions that she has never been on any other floor. Even If she never went passed Floor one Ryo did not want to make people feel like she needed protection, she did however just wanted to go into the wild and prove herself and to keep a promise she once made with a person.

(OOC: Okay, So up to Floor 2 then and kill something? Don't worry about me, I got my MA skill and a total of 7 DMG Need to update the Sig I see as well)

@Neopolitan

Spoiler

Roll ID: 105966

LD: 7 [failed]

Materials 2/5

Edited by Ryoko

Hokori gave one last look around the area before starting to make her way back towards the Town of Beginnings. There were no materials to be found. Here, so hopefully they could either get some off of the enemies that would drop resources or just find them from gathering around there. "Don't worry, I can guide you there. Haven't been up there for combat, though I have looked around." Once she knew that Ryo was following her, she quickly made her way into the teleporter. "Floor 2!" And she was whisked towardss the hills and plains of the second floor.

Let's just hope that I can actually take stuff on at this floor. I don't think we'll be in trouble, but if we get a bad streak of luck there might be an issue. It should speed things up for us though, we just need to be careful and efficient.

@Ryoko