[PP-F01] The Sound Of Music <<Earning a Living: Performer>>

Ryo seems to be really tired now but tries to pull off one last hit or so, As Kat then calls out to Ryo to hit the wasp while it was on the ground Ryo feet started to glow again and she ran up to the wasp on the down. With one sweep low to the ground Ryo hits the Wasp as it flies from the ground again and hitting back to the ground. The wasp was near death and Ryo moved back and then fell to the ground, "I... Can't... GO any... Longer," she said as she sat down on the ground completely out of breath. Ryo tried to stand up and walk to Kat but she tries and only just fell to her knee looking from a distance as the Wasp laid on the ground trying to get up from the two last hits. IT seemed like the battle was nearly done and Ryo was trying to get her breath but was just too tired to stand.

Spoiler

Roll ID: # 106204

BD: 5 + 1 = 6 - Hit (7  * 2 = 14 damage)

[H: 4] @Katagawa: 180/180 HP | 10/18 EN (+1 regen; -4 sword art) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC | PARA 1
[H: 0] @Ryoko: 60/60 HP | 1/6 EN( +1 regen-2 Sword Art) | 7 DMG |

Wasp: 4/90 HP | 27 DMG 

• Paralyzed; 1 turn

Edited by Ryoko
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Ryoko still attacking the wasp, Hokori quickly brought down her sword on its head, severing it with no mercy. It shattered into millions of particle effect pixels, and left behind nothing for them to grab. There was little that she could do but sigh, still frustrated that she couldn't get any materials. "Sorry for dragging you along for this. Was really thinking it would go a little bit faster. We can rest up for a bit here, though I'm going to keep looking for materials. You're already at 4 and I'm still at none." she didn't want to rub salt into the likely guilt Ryo was dealing with, but she was getting a little frustrated at how poorly she had been doing. Perhaps venting a little bit would help turn things around. Regardless, she wasn't going to get any materials just by sitting around doing nothing. For all she knew there was one waiting right in front of her nose.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106233

BD: 4 + 1 = 5 + 1 = 6 - hit (7 damage; concentration used)

MD: paralyzed

[H: 4] @Katagawa: 180/180 HP | 10/18 EN (+1 regen; -1 hit) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 2 ACC | PARA 1
[H: 0] @Ryoko: 60/60 HP | 1/6 EN | 7 DMG |

Wasp: 0/90 HP | 27 DMG

Loot: ID: #106235 - LD: 3 (and now I'm sad at my luck): 270 Col

Total loot: 540 Col

Ryo then completely collapsed to the ground and turned on her back, "I can't walk for a moment, I will lay here for a few moments," she said sounding really out off breath. Yes, Marcel arts took quite a lot of energy to use and it was even more so as Ryo was using mostly her feet to fight with. She opened her menu and looked at something first of she looked at her friends list passing some names Like Cosi, Kuruyama, and Mars, I hope I see them again, Cosi is quite a good tour guide, She thought to select his name and then going back into the menu  and into her stats, For a low level like her she had quite the Damage already and it was good for her fighting style as well. She closed her Menu and looked to Kat, "Don't worry, I like you, Not only because you have the same Nickname as my Brother but also because you are a nice person," Ryo said to her as she was still laying on the ground.

@Katagawa

Hokori continued to look for some materials, though did come over to Ryo when she fell to the ground. They were certainly doing quite a bit of fighting, though it was the only possible way that she could think she would get the materials needed at this point. She sat down next to her and let her vent as she wanted to. SHe noticed her flipping through her friends list, and realized she had never checked her own. She had sent a couple friend requests, but could never find the list when she wanted to. The entire UI of the game was terrible, though it otherwise would've been a great game to play. "I don't really mind whether or not you like me. It's nice to hear, but I guess I've never really been after that. Just needed the approval of my parents and that was fine with me." Hokori got up again. "I'll let you recover for now, I still need to find more materials before you're already making your way back."

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106328

LD: 12 - This getting frustrating

Total: 540 Col

@Ryoko

Ryo looked at kat as she got next to her, as she talks about the approval of her parents Ryo nods, " Don't we all," saying as she looks to the sky now. Ryo was completely out on energy at this point, But it was just a matter of time that kat would find something. Ryo started looking at the sky trying to see if there were any birds flying around as she then spotted one flying around, How do birds Fly without fear of falling, I want that too, She thought as the bird flew over. It was quite nice on this floor as long as you did not look down to the cliffs, Ryo wanted to face her fear in the game and maybe it would be that she never has to look down and be scared. But sadly that day was not today but maybe one day It will come.

@Katagawa

Hokori let Ryo be and searched around the nearby area for any materials she could use. There didn't seem to be too much that she could use. She still did her best to see what did and didn't work. After careful experimentation of, she had her results. Nothing worked. A glance was spared to Ryo, who seemed to be staring towards the sky at the birds in the air. They were nice to see up there, flying majestically above the floor. In reality, they were probably just a 2d sprite textured to the top of the sky-box. Hokori kept quiet about it though, no sense ruining someone else's immersion in this game just so she could show off her knowledge. She did enough of that already just to prove she was worth something to everyone at the university. There was plenty of other ways she could try and show that she knew what she was doing. Perhaps she would keep trying to take out enemies while gathering materials. or perhaps there would be some sort of chest for them to find.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106393

LD: 9 - this is getting ridiculous

@Ryoko

Ryo looks at Kat as she seems to have no luck at all, Ryo gets up from the ground and looks around, She maybe could find some chest around while Kat was looking around for materials. She looked left and right not trying to get near the edges but it seemed there was no luck on her side either, It either was that they just were most unluck at the time or this floor was just so bad with loot that they did not get anything. "Darn... Nothing here as well," she says sitting down on the ground wanting to get into a fight again because she was so hyper now after finding nothing but air and grass here. Ryo started jumping in spot for a bit as her energy started to get back quite fast already and she wanted to get into a other fight. "Kat?  are you ready to go for another round of combat?" Ryo asked to her, wanting to start beating up some monsters again.

@Katagawa

Edited by Ryoko

Hokori was trying and failing to find any materials right now, but she was doing her best not to feel down about it. It wouldbe much more useful to just keep pushing through this and not worry about what could come. It also seemed that Ryoko was about ready to go fighting again. "Sure, let me know if you spot anything, or if you just want a change of scenery. We should still be able to go up a couple floors and face some monsters there." She was unsure as to how accurate that statement was, but she did feel as though she had enough poewr to take out the weaker monsters on higher floors. There wasn't much she would be able to do to take on the stronger monsters of the floors, but she should be able to protect Ryo from getting hurt too bad. At least, that was what she hoped.

@Ryoko

Ryo nodded wanting to fight that Boar from just a moment ago, "You know that Boar, Why not get him, He still should be around for sure," She said starting to look around for the boar she saw before they started to fight the Wasp. It was quite good to see what was going on And Ryo was getting happy again apart from the not trying to look down at all times. Ryo looked left and right and it seemed like things looked to be good apart from the boar being around to fight, "Well, I'm happy there is no Boar around But also not as I want to find it and kill it." Ryo moved to some of the trees and looked passed then, No luck In a boar again and Ryo turned around only to see the boar standing behind Kat, "Kat... Behind you!" she shouts out wanting to get close but was just too far away at the time to get in a good it.

@Katagawa

While looking for materials, Hokori was able to talk a little bit with Ryo. It wasn't much, but still something to stimulate her mind. "Glad to see you're doing better with the heights around here." She smiled as Ryo talked about just wanting to kill the boar instead of being scared of what was around them. Then, she heard the warning come from Ryo. Hokori didn't turn around, instead opting to grab her blade still on her back and charge the sword art from there. If she did it just right, she would be able to land the hit without turning around to face the boar. She watched as the concentration skill was used up and she felt the increased awareness it gave. Smiling once more, Hokori broke into a spin that flipped her around as she smashed her sword down on to the boar in front of her. It was stunned for a little bit, but it wasn't going to go down that easily.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106690

BD: 5 + 1 = 6 - hit (7 * 4 = 28 damage)

MD: no turn yet

[H: 1] @Katagawa: 180/180 HP | 14/18 EN (-4 sword art) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC | PARA 1(Concentration CD: 1/5)
[H: 0] @Ryoko: 60/60 HP | 1/6 EN | 7 DMG |

Wasp: 62/90 HP | 27 DMG

(Corrected 2 ACC to 1, had a miscalc in my stats)

Ryo was surprised by the act of Kat and she wanted to pull something off as well, She ran up to the boar and started to spin in a circle getting an AoE Attack off was not easy but it was the best Sword Art Ryo had, Her Feet began to glow and she spun to the boar. But this time the boar was not taken by surprise and moved under the attack. As Ryo landed on her feet again she looked at the boar and then at Kat, "Sorry It is your turn now," she said to Kat doing some jumping on spot to get her skills may be to end up landing this time. It took not long for the adrenaline to kick in and Ryo was moving left and right, she was getting worked up a bit and then she was getting and her martial arts started to kick in as she tried out some kicks ready for her next attack.

Spoiler

Roll ID: # 107012

BD: 5 Miss

[H: 1] @Katagawa: 180/180 HP | 14/18 EN (-4 sword art) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC | PARA 1(Concentration CD: 1/5)
[H: 0] @Ryoko: 60/60 HP | 2/6 EN (-2 Miss) | 7 DMG |

Boar: 62/90 HP | 27 DMG

Edited by Ryoko

Though Ryoko missed her attack, Hokori quickly followed up with another of her spinning attacks. The wasp was able to quickly get its stinger through to her armor while she powered up and hit her for some damage though. It reflected some of it back towards the creature as she landed her own attack, dropping it precariously into the red. "You should be able to finish it off Ryoko, if not I'll get in the way and let it attack me." Hopefully the creature would die as it attacked her and she would be able to finish it off that way. It wasn't a guarantee but it was the best idea she had. She was mostly just worried that the creature would still drop little to no loot for them. The fact she was still yet to get a material was disconcerting to say the least. Perhaps it was just a bit of a bug in the system.

Spoiler

Roll ID: # 107095

BD: 8 + 1 = 9 - hit (7 * 4 = 28 damage)

MD: 7 - hit (27 - 17 = 10 damage; 18 thorns returned)

[H: 2] @Katagawa: 170/180 HP | 11/18 EN (+1 regen; -4 sword art) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC | PARA 1
[H: 0] @Ryoko: 60/60 HP | 4/6 EN (-2 Miss) | 7 DMG |

Boar: 16/90 HP | 27 DMG

(corrected your energy because I forgot to do the out of combat refill of it

Ryo looks at Kat as she seems to Hit the thing on the head whatever it was the Boar was getting back to attack Kat as well. "KAT Are you okay?!" she said trying to know us Kat was still doing fine after that hit but it seemed that Kat was doing just fine after that hit. Lucky, she had MIT, Maybe I should get some as well if I have time for it, she thinks as she then moved to attack the boar as well. With her sword art, ready Ryo runs up to the Boar but it seemed to notice her again and it dugs under her feet as she swings it over the boars head. "Darn it, I missed again I Can do this I can do this," she said as she stood still next to Kat and looked how the boar was just looking at Kat trying to get a good hit off.

Roll ID: # 107162

BD: 2

[H: 2] @Katagawa: 170/180 HP | 11/18 EN (+1 regen; -4 sword art) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC | PARA 1
[H: 0] @Ryoko: 60/60 HP | 3/6 EN (+1 regen, -2 Miss) | 7 DMG |

Boar: 16/90 HP | 27 DMG

Edited by Ryoko

Hokori watched as Ryoko continued to miss the Boar. It was slowing the two of them down, but wouldn't be the end of anything. She quickly charged in with her spinning attack once more. The boar barely stood a chance as she managed ti slice clean through it. Amazed at the games effects, she quickly took a look at the rewards. Thankfully, there was actually a couple of materials in there. "Do you mind if I take the materials, as you're nearly done? I'll give you the consumables in here if you'd like them." Ryoko seemed to be a reasonable person, so hopefully they would be able to just make this quest go as fast as possible. She had still not gotten any materials until now, so she had a lot of catching up to do. "Let's take a short breather before we go find another mob. Maybe there's a few more materials hiding around here."

Spoiler

Roll ID: # 107450

BD: 5 + 1 = 6 - hit (7 * 4 = 28 DMG)

MD: 1 - miss

[H: 3] @Katagawa: 170/180 HP | 8/18 EN (+1 regen; -4 sword art) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC | PARA 1
[H: 0] @Ryoko: 60/60 HP | 3/6 EN (+1 regen, -2 Miss) | 7 DMG |

Boar: 0/90 HP | 27 DMG

Loot: ID: #107451 | LD: 17 | CD: 5 | 2x T1 Crafting Materials 2x T1 Unidentified Uncommon Consumables (107451A, 107451B)

Ryoko was looking at Kat how she was dealing so much damage to the thing without even taking a hit to much, The Boar went down And it seemed that Kat was done fighting alone. Ryo felled a bit guilty for not dealing damage at all and was trying to clear it up by sitting down and just looking to the ground, "You can keep it I almost have them anyway, and Yeah a break sounds good then I think," Ryo said. It was not really the best thing for Ryo but she wanted to help as much as she can, but she did not get her kick from fighting and was getting a bit sad about it that she did not really get into the fight at all. She then stood up and looked around for any materials in the hopes to find the last piece of material she needed But it seemed that Ryo was not getting any luckier from looking around as she as in the battle with the boar, "This is not out day isn't it," Ryo said to kat as she looked around and then sat down on a small rock.

@Katagawa

Roll ID: # 107643

LD: 3 Failed

Edited by Ryoko

Hokori decided to take a short break from all of the hunting and gathering they were doing right now. It had already been quite some time and she still only had two materials to show for it. The game was definitely being quite mean to them at this point. She sat on the grasses of the second floor and decided to try and talk a little bit with Ryoko. It wasn't much, but it was something to help pass the time as she waited for her energy to recover some more. "It most certainly isn't. Though I don't seem to have the best of luck when it comes to gathering materials. I hoped that one day I would've been able to find plenty, but that day has yet to come." She stood up once more, unable to bear sitting around and not doing anything right now. "Let's just hope there's a few more materials we can find laying around. I'd rather not be out here all day."

Spoiler

(Roll was accidentally placed under Neopolitan)

Roll ID: #107849

LD: 4 - no mat (2/5)

Totals (Besides mats for quest): 810 Col, 2 Uncommon Unidentified Consumables (107451A, 107451B)

@Ryoko

Ryoko looked around nodding her head to Kat as she said one day she will be finding plenty Materials, Sure that would happen if only it was going to happen today as to two kept looking around and looking around. Then Ryo spotted something, something shining she rushed over but being the person Ryo was she managed to stumble over her own feet, as she landed on the ground with a hard sound and face first into the ground. Ryo did not move at all as a quick motion was made setting her hands to her face still laying face down to the ground, "dmmft mmok ammmph mmhp," was heard from her what could be translated to 'Don't look at me' or something near that part. Ryo became red under her hands and she was quite ashamed of her action that she totally lost sighed of the item She saw just a second ago.

Spoiler

Roll ID: # 108247

LD: 10- no mat (4/5)

@Katagawa

Edited by Ryoko

Still not finding any materials to gather for herself, Hokori turned to talk to Ryoko. Of course, what she instead saw was the girl having face-planted into the dirt. It was an embarassin sight, and Hokori quickly turned her gaze away from it. Once Ryo had managed to gather herself, she would approach and placce a hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry so much about it. Happens to everyone, I would think a bit more while otehrs were getting used to the game. It's what gravity will do to people." Perhaps if there was some sort of flight mechanic they could avoid this, though that would severaly go against the setting this game seemed to have. In the end, she felt is was more just a way to make sure that plaayers didn't try to cheat the system and shortcut to the top of Aincrad. Another safeguard in place so she couldn't break the system.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #108356

LD: 6 - no mats (2/5)

@Ryoko

Ryoko looked up to Kat she was there to talk to maybe she even saw her face plant into the ground, but the few next words made Ryo think a bit, "Yeah... Yeah your right," She said in monotone a bit. "Gravity Is a B****, But while it is here it sure does like us to stay here, that is what I hate about Heights, they always pull you down," She said pointing her middle finger to the ground, "We should get going for those materials," Ryo said to Kat standing up again and looked around for a bit. But it seemed to have no luck at all, was it just them or did the game just F****** them over by not granting them any items if they needed them. "I don't like this anymore, I just want to sing and play Guitar, I thought it be fun to become a performer but this is just getting stupid, Darn game Stopp being a bully," Ryoko said stomping her foot on the ground once and kicking away a small rock.

Spoiler

Roll ID: # 108360

LD: 13- no mat (4/5)

@Katagawa

Edited by Ryoko

Hokori continued to look around, though there was little that she was actually able to find in the fields. It seemed as though the amount of materials that could be found was significantly lower than the times she had been here before. It was honestly quite strange. Perhaps there was just too much farming in the game and it was lowered. That seemed unlikely. Unless there were notes she had never seen before, she had never heard of their being a patch to the game. It was honestly a miracle with how well the game was running. The number of players in here simultaneously is staggering. And though it is a sad fact, the more people that died meant the game would be able to run smoother and smoother. Perhaps one of the few silver linings to be found in this game.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #108370

LD: 4 - nothing (2/5 mats)

:(

@Ryoko