[PP-F01] The Sound Of Music <<Earning a Living: Performer>>

It got quiet for a bit and Ryo and Kat seemed to look around for there own materials, it seemed their luck was not getting much to and Ryoko seemed to get some bad luck until she got something she saw before, the spot she felt it was not far away and Ryoko saw the Material she saw before. Slowly walking up to it Ryo picked it up and a Menu popped up saying that she got the last Material and she had to wait for the other player before she could return. Ryo walked up to Kat who maybe already saw that Ryoko got her last Material, "Hey, Didn't want to cheer, that felt bad last time, So how about I help you look for Materials while we are here, i got them so I can give you the once I find so you get the items faster." Ryoko said to Kat as her pink and Yellow hair moved in the wind.

Spoiler

Roll ID: # 108429

LD: 15- mat (5/5)

@Katagawa

Edited by Ryoko
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hokori continued to wander around the hilly fields on this floor and she was eventually able to find herself a material to collect. After making sure that it was actually a material and incremented the quest counter, she returned to see that Ryo had already found her fifth material. Though she gave words of reassurement, Hokori didn't really listen. She did however, give some kind words back. "It doesn't matter whether or not you got them faster. What matters is that we'll both get them eventually. We're under no time limit or risk of death right now, so I don't mind if this takes all day. The only issue we will have with this taking so long is that much more time it takes before we can offer our support to those clearing this game for us." She showed the material that she had gotten. "It took a while for me to get this far, but at least now we'll be able to be closer to our goal."

Spoiler

Roll ID: #108448

LD: 16 - mat found (3/5, only two more tedious materials to go)

@Ryoko

Ryoko listens to Kat as she talked about how long it was taking them, and it was true it took quite long for them to look for the materials they needed. Ryo made herself useful and started to look around as well for materials for Kat. It was there that Ryo came up with a small plan, the quest did not say you needed to be the one that finds the materials you had to get them and so Ryo went around to look as well. She did be a bit happy she got the materials first but still she felt guilty it took so long and Ryo helped looking around. She looked under a few stones and other things, it was under some leaves of a tree that she found. Turning to Kat and yelling to her, "Kat, here catch," she said throwing the material to Kat hoping she was paying attention to the item that was going fly her way. Don't Hit her head, don't hit her head, Ryo was thinking as she was the item fly in the air for a bit

Roll ID: # 108493

LD: 15 Material Found, Giving it to Katagawa

@Katagawa

Edited by Ryoko
  • 2 weeks later...

Hokori was still looking for materials when she heard Ryoko shout towards her. She turned to see the gleam of a material flying towards her face. Just in time, her hand raised and she caught it in her hand. "Thanks" Checking her quest log, she noticed that the counter had not ticked up. "That's strange, doesn't look like you can hand me materials. Guess the game only counts it when you loot it from the source." She figured that might be how it worked. She still had materials from when she started the game, so it waas entirely possible that it wasn't just counting the number of meterials in her inventory. It would be much simpler to just count whenever she received a material from a list set of sources. Probably a good thing that they hadn't gone higher, or the mobs materials may not have counted. "Well, I'll keep searching. If you want to split any extra materials you find at the end we can do that."

Spoiler

Roll ID: #108796

LD: 7 - nothinng (3/5)

@Ryoko

• 4 weeks later...

It seemed that sadly Katagawa could not use the item Ryoko gave to her, Sadly it was not much that could be done that. "Sad, I was hoping it would work but somehow it does not work at all," Ryoko said sitting on the ground to stay as far away from the cliff of this horrible floor. It was not like you would do this every day to just find materials but for sure it was not going to help at all as it was not really going to help Ryoko to get over her fear of heights, but nobody needed to worry about her fear for the moment as it was just that, like fear, and fears could be replaced and broken. Hopefully, Katagawa could find the last two materials and it would be over and they could go back to floor  1 where it was mostly, YES mostly flat and a few hills here and there but FLAT. Ryoko's pink hair moves in the wind a bit and she smiles waiting to see what was going to happen not trying to think about anything else but the music she would make for sure.

@Katagawa

HOkori was watching as Ryoko went to look over the side. she thought about questioning her previously stated fear for heights, but thought better than to try and debate over it. If they were making it up, it was one of those mostly harmless lies to tell. And if they weren't, it would be them trying to overcome their own fear. In the meantime, she managed to scrounge up another material. "Got on more!" That meant one more to go, and hopefully that one more wouldn't be too far off. They still needed to actually sing for the lady who had sent them on this quest, so that meant that they were going to need to actually take more time out of their day. Everything here seemed to be going quite roughly to be honest. Nothing was really going her way, but in the end things should prevail. That's what she had always felt.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #110100

LD: 20 - mat found (4/5)

Finally!

@Ryoko

Ryoko sat upright again looking at Katagawa as they said they got another material that would make now a total as 4, so meaning that Katagawa needed to get one more item. "Nice going Kat, It seems If I don't look you get all the materials, how about we keep that in," Ryoko said a bit lax as the flopped to the ground again looking at the sky, For sure this was most of the time now Ryoko was and she did not really feel like changing. Relax and calm that was everything she wanted to be, But not always not everything could be like that as things would have a need to get better soon, Work was needed. "Sometimes I think people can see what we are doing here, But sometimes I feel like we are just been given to our own faith in this world, What do you think, Kat?" Ryoko asked the girl sitting up again looking at her with a questioning look.

@Katagawa

• 2 weeks later...

Looking around for more materials, Hokori found herself disappointed once more. It seemed as though the game was against her in finding things to progress this quest further. "Well, let's hope that the last one shows up soon." Continuing her search, she listened as Ryo talked about some thoughts she had about this game. "I doubt that there is any way to directly see what is going on. If there was, a lot of players would be getting held accountable for what they had done, possibly even unplugged to prevent them from killing more people. They may have some form of analytics going on, which means they'd be able to tell in general what's happening though. Like if you were in a fight. At least that means they can probably tell from the gathering of all the players when a boss fight is happening. If a whole bunch of minds start racing at once, that means a large fight is going on."

Spoiler

Roll ID: #110723

LD: 8 - no material (4/5)

@Ryoko

It was quite clear that Kat was a realist for sure and Ryoko accepted it, "I think you are right, If it was like that I would think the same for sure as there are quite a few players around that kill other players, still don't know why. But if so I would have thought that they would not unplug though as that would be killing the murderer and thinks like that are not possible as my father always told as his job as a lawyer. But I'm Sure they find something to keep an eye out on people, Like what about the big companies, Like one my father was a lawyer to once I think but back then I think the boss of the company as still young and stuff. But I think the name was Tsunashi Or Takeuchi Hardwear Protection I'm Not sure But it is In Tokyo, I also think the boss got into a car accident as well having a robotic hand during the trail after getting into an accident, But she helped to fund this game. Wonder what she is up to now?" Ryoko thought a bit about this woman until going on not thinking about it for long, "Well anyway hope you find that Material soon, I really Do, I would love to sing together," She said to Kat with a smile.

@Katagawa

"The problem that we would be facing is of course what else can be done. It's not like we exactly have laws enforced inside of our own game. Unless someone made some sort of police force, the only enforcement that can be done is the death penalty. Surely saving the lives of other people who would die at the hand of a killer are worth taking out the killer. It is not ideal, but it is what we face." As she finished her tirade a little bit, she managed to find another small crystal jutting out from the ground. "There we go, all of the materials we need. Let's head back to the first floor and see what else we need to do." Hopefully the quest wouldn't take too much longer, it had already been going on forever as it is. Not that the company wasn't enjoyable. Ryoko seemed like a very nice person to be with. Though perhaps a little too idealistic for her tastes

Spoiler

Roll ID: #110820

LD: 16 - mat found (5/5)

objective complete!

@Ryoko

• 2 weeks later...

Jumping up from her place where she was sitting Ryoko looked at Kat as she got her last Item for the quest.  "Nice going Kat," She said holding a thumb up to Kat and walking up to her. It was clear that they were needed to get back to go down to the first floor again. Ryoko took out a Crystal Two to be sure and gave one to Kat, "Here you go, Just let us get out of here, I really want to have a good ground under my feet," She says before looking down at the crystal and smiling, "Teleport, Marome Village," as Ryoko teleported out in few and the next thing she was in the settlement next to the teleport plaza. SHe waited a bit until Kat was with her and then went on to teleport to the first floor by using the plaza.

A few moments later they both were on the first floor surely in the main plaza of the town of beginners, It was not far from the place they needed to go and Ryoko waited until Kat was ready to get going again once getting on their way Ryoko smiled, "So Let's get this thing going," She said opening the door and walking into the studio and waving at the NPC again as she greeted them both again. "Fine you made it back, So if you go over to that table over there you can start making the Crystals and then we can start," The NPS said as Ryoko nodded and walked over to the table. It really was easy to get things going and with a few tabs on the table and the small Blue Crystal gave light but then fainted again leaving the crystal there, "Ooh I think I did something wrong Let me try again," She said looking over the Kat to see how she was doing it.

ID: 111068
CD: 9 Salvage | LD: 14 Keep

@Katagawa

Edited by Ryoko

The two of them quickly moved back towards the town of beginnings and were able to find their way to the singer's shop without too much trouble. Once there, they were quickly instructed to refine the crystals that they had found. It was a little bit tricky to figure out just how to do it, but they eventually got to work. Hokori attempted to use some of the knowledge of soldering she knew from the real worl, but it seemed her hands weren't nearly as stable as they were in the real world. Probably something to do with the game's programming. If it had to keep things that accurate for everyone, that would probably make the server move at a crawl. "Looks like I'll be needing the assist systems, assuming this game gives any. Just try to make straight cuts along the gems, that's seems to be what the game wants from us."

Spoiler

Roll ID: #111106

CD: 7 - salvage craft

LD: 20 - salvage

@Ryoko

Ryoko looks over to Kat as she as well seems not to have much luck, as well, as the same thing happens to her. Ryoko nods to herself and goes for another try this time to go very very careful, step by step and as she releases her hands from the crystal she stares at it for a moment and goes into a cheer happy as the crystal seems to be stable but then as she does it the crystal explodes removing the Crafting item. Ryoko's eyes just widen and she stars at the small part of crystal as they dissolve into blue particles. "Oh... Okay Thanks for trying anyway," She said lowering her arms and just staring at the table. The NPC walks up to her and places a hand on her shoulder, "No worry, First time is always hard, Crystals are very unstable so it is no wonder you fail at first," Before going back to the spot she was standing at before watching as the two girls worked on the crystals.

ID: 111204
CD: 2 Fail

@Katagawa

Edited by Ryoko

Hokori was doing her best to make sure that she didn't cut too close with the crystal refiner. If she kept making the lines get closer and closer, she could figure out how to be a bit more steady with the crystals themselves. Of course once these crystals were refined, they would have to actually record something into them. Ryoko's exploding crystal jarred Hokori out of what she had hoped to be her last pass, but thankfully she had swerved away and not towards the crystal, preserving its shape. Only a little bit more and this should be usable. "Make sure you're not going to fast. The faster you go, the worse it will turn out to be. And I have a good feeling the better refined the crystal, the better quality of sounds it will have. Not like we have record players or anything in this world, so we will want to be careful." She was mostly ignoring the NPC, still wanting to use her own skills as an engineer on this challenge.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #111215

CD: 6 - salvage craft
LD: 14 - salvaged

@Ryoko

Ryoko looks a bit unhappy but that changes once she sees She can do better than this and her face turns into a very serious look. "I can do this," She said low before getting a new crystal out and slowly working on it. Refining the Crystal was maybe the harder part for sure but still, something was going to happen now or sooner no matter what Ryoko did not stop here and kept going. She slowly places the cutter on the table and taps the Crystal as it starts to glow, Before Ryoko knew it the Crystal got a silver-like metal around it, meaning the item was crafted. She picked the Item up and looked at it with a smile. It was done and she got herself a Rare Recording Crystal. She walked over to Kat who seemed still busy going her own and Ryoko left her be watching from a distance waiting until she got the item done and they could sing together.

Spoiler

ID: 111294
CD: 11 Rare

Name: Catching Time
Your Profession: Performer
Your Rank: Rank 1
Roll ID:  111294
Roll Result: 11
Item Type: Buff-Song
Tier: Tier 1
Quality: Rare
Enhancements: HP Recovery (2) 40 HP Recovery.
Description: A song that somehow recovers once used. A sweet song slowly singing ut catching up with time again and getting back the player's Health quit fast once used.
Post Link:  Link

@Katagawa

Edited by Ryoko

It seemed Ryo was doing fine with her own refining, But Hokori was struggling a bit to get it to that state. She continued to cut closer and cloesr to the guidelines provided by the equipment, but it didn't seem to be registering anything. She was hoping that this effort didn't blow up in her face, though she supposed that was why there was multiple crystals needed to be gathered. "You go ahead and sing here," she said towards Ryo, "I think I'm going to be a little while before I can finish refining this crystal." She really hoped that she would be able to have a good quality of crystal come from all of this. If not, there would be more time to practice her newfound craft. Her mom probably wouldn't be too proud of her choice of profession in this game, though it was probably more sustainable than singing in the real world.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #111408
CD: 9 - salvage craft
LD: 15 - salvaged

@Ryoko

Ryoko nodded to Kat as she said that she should already start singing and Ryoko walked to the set up and looked at the crystal for a few seconds and nodded, "Okay you can do this," she said low before grabbing the crystal and doing something to it as it started to glow blue meaning it was recording. It was not fully recording and Ryoko got a guitar out of her inventory and started playing on it. She did not hesitate and started right away with a good beat and after some notes on the guitar, she started to sing as well. While doing this you could see that Ryoko was moving on the beat as well and she moved from left to right. It took her not long and she was done. She let is play and added some extra sounds to it before she tapped the Crystal again and smiled to Kat as she walked out. "Well, I hope you liked it to see how an Idol does her music on her own, but some trial and errors you get it right," Ryoko said nervously.

The NPC walked up and laid a hand on Ryoko's shoulder and in reaction Ryoko jumped up from shock, "GAH!" came out here and she turned around to face the NPC, "Sorry Sorry, If you want you can listen to it without using it if you place it in this," the NPC said pointing at some box that looked like a jukebox. Ryoko walked over and placed the Crystal on the box and it started glowing again and playing the Song Ryoko just did but you could hear it now like it normally sounds.

@Katagawa

Hokori klslitened as Ryoko performed her song. It was quite nice, and there was definitely a quality to her voice. IT could just be the game, but she hoped that there was still some of her own training behind it. Taking a look at the crystal playing the recording, Hokori noticed the little indents that told it what sounds to play. Realizing that there was some noticable patterns to it, she quickly headed over to her bench and tried to replicate it as best as she could. Once she had done so, she switched out the crystal, which had been playing the song on loop while everyone waited on her. "Hopefully this works." Out of the speaker's came a song that was a little bit rough, but was certainly not bad for a first time trying to do this. By mimicing the grooves on the crystal, she was able to make her own songs that were much more synthesized than just recording something.

Crafting:

Spoiler

Roll ID: #111648
CD: 10 - uncommon craft

Song:

Spoiler

Ryoko looked at Kat as she started doing her thing. Ryoko was a bit confused at first but knew that somehow feels it was doing good. As Kat was busy doing her thing Ryoko started to tap a bit with her leg as she was going stuff. Still being a beginner as Kat was sure going to be a bit harder for her as Ryoko already known to singing for sure. Once Kat was done Ryoko walked up to her grabbing her both hands. "That sounded great, I must say for a first time it sounds very good. I like it," She said to Kat letting go of her hands and walking up to the NPC to see if she was done so they could end the quest. It was clear to Ryoko what to do but still. She walked back to Kat and smiled, "Kat, if I may ask, want to hang out more, I really do like your style of music there, maybe we can even make some more music together," I say to her before waiting on Kat to follow to the NPC and an answer from her.

@Katagawa

Edited by Ryoko

It seemed that the enjoyment of the music was mutual, and Hokori was looking forward to the two of them working together. "It would be nice. Not sure how well our styles would mix, but it could be interesting." There was certainly little in common with their music styles. Ryo's was much more acoustic and slower, whereas her own was very synthesized and more upbeat. It was possible they could adapt to each other, but it would be difficult. Though it was hopefully likely she could replicate her feat, it was quite possible she wouldn't be able to get that fancy with her synthesized music. It was a little lucky she did get something to use in the end at all. Taking her reward from the quest, Hokori turned back towards Ryoko, "Let me know when you want to do something together, always open to heading out. Mostly just been hanging out on the lower floors for the time being though. Help out a lot of players finally getting their bearings in this world."

Thread Summary:

Spoiler

Quest rewards (to each):

• 1 Additional SP (First Completion Only)
  • <<Performer>> Profession
  • Successfully Crafted Item
  • Standard <<Performer>> Shop (Able to have a Performer thread in the Merchants & Shops section)
  • (5) Tier 1 crafting materials

Both have 4 spare materials (3 + 1 gathered from Ryoko)

3 pages : 3 SP, 1200 Col

@Katagawa: 600 Col, 9 T1 mats, 4 SP, <<Performer>> Profession

@Ryoko600 Col, 9 T1 mats, 4 SP, <<Performer>> Profession

(both must submit items for evaluation)