[PP|F02] A test of Will <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>(Stryder, Hei, Pinball)

Dustin walks through a forest on the second floor, looking for something to do when he bumps into a man, who had recognized. This man was shorter than him, but Dustin knew the man was way stronger than he was. This man was none other than Hei, the tailor who was lightning fast at his job. “Hey Hey Hei, Wanna do a quest?” The boy asks, trying to make a joke. Though the joke wasn’t good, Dustin still laughs a little, it was his joke after all. “After you made me these Dope claws, I decided to do the quest up here in the mountains to get that skill almost all of the frontline players have.” He explains, “Do you know anyone that would like to help? Because the NPC is right up here in that house.” He continues, figuring that the player already had the skill, considering he also had hand wraps. I’m going to be a dragon, and I’m gonna make sure no one else dies while I am around. If I fail, I’ll spend one day at the monument of life, telling tales of their glory. A smile crosses his face as he moves towards the little hut.

@Hei @Stryder @Pinball

Edited by Dustin

Hei enjoyed it be be um in the mountains of the second floor, ever since he had been here to help Stryder with the breaking the unbreakable. They had taken some time to break down the rock, but when Stryder had finally landed the last blow, they had been really happy. The NPC who was around for the quest was interesting, as he knew lots of the lore of the world, and so hei came by every once and then to just have some tea with him and talk about everything and nothing.

When he had come here today, the player that had just ordered the Dragon Claw Handwraps bumped into him. - I knew he was going to do the quest, but I had never thought I would meet him today. - Hei thought. Once Dustin had recognized him, he made the same silly joke everyone did when they met him, so Hei simply shook his head a little. -Why did everyone think it was so funny to say that?- he wondered, but there was not time for thinking about it, as Dustin asked him if he knew any players that would like to help. Hei didn't have to think more than a second before the first name came to his mind. "Yeah, I do know a few players from my guild that could help. Should I send them a message and ask them for assistance?" he asked the player. But he did not really wait for Dustin to answer, but opened his menu and sent messages to his guild mates.

Hey @Stryder,
I know your a master of the unarmed fighting skill of this game.
There is a lower level player I met earlier who wants to do the martial arts quest.
How about you come here and help us. Meeting point is the NPCs hut.

Hey @Pinball,
Wanna tag along with me helping a lower levelled player getting the martial arts skill?
I don't know if you got the skill, but I bet you can deal some good damage whether you have it or not.

Meeting point is the NPCs hut on the second floor.

Edited by Hei

It was time. The pursuit of this endeavor - this was the culmination of hundreds and hundreds of hours of hard work and dedication. And Pinball was back. He went through the motions as if he were cracking his muscles as the old man painted the embarrassing looking whiskers on his cheeks. He remembered way back, back when the Guardians of the New Dawn were just starting up, he had taken this quest. Twice. The first, he had tried taking it on alone, and had ultimately failed. The rock proved to be too tough for his wimply Level 2 knuckles, and he wasn't able to finish what he started. He had had to call Stryder for back-up, and along the way he had taken another girl with them. Even then, the two lower-leveled players hadn't been able to make much of a dent, and Stryder had to finish the job. But not now. As soon as the old man left, Pinball spread out his hands, Zomekko's shadowy aura embracing his forearms. "Alright." He rushed forward, charging the rock. 

He was a blur as he ran forward, his white snow jacket whipping behind him, revealing the long-sleeved black shirt and thin leather padding he wore as armor underneath. His fist collided with the rock with a resounding crack! A healthbar appeared around the Boulder, slowly dropping as the hit registered. Pinball hopped back, grinning from ear to ear. Oh, revenge feels good. 

Action Taken: Unarmed Strike [-1 EN / +1 EN] / Charge! +4 DMG
Boulder: ID# 105834  BD: 9 (Crit!) ~ 7+4+1= 12 DMG

- Enemies - 

Boulder: 38/50 HP | -2 EVA

- Players - 

Pinball: 840/840 HP | 84/84 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 7 DMG 

Player Stats: 

Spoiler

Level: 42
Health: 840 | Energy: 84
DMG: 7 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3

Skills:

Combat skills:
►<<Charge>> [35/50]: Rank 4 - Master

Weapon skills:
►<<2H Assault Spear>> [50/50]: Rank 5 - Grandmaster

Armor skills:
►N/A

Extra skills:
►<<Familiar Mastery: Fighter>> [18/18]: Rank 3 - Grandmaster
►<<Martial Arts>> [0/50]: N/A
►<<Survival>>

Utility Skills:
►<<Fishing>>

Modifiers:
►[Active] <<2H Assault Spear: Ferocity>>: +1 Base DMG
►[Active] <<Bullrush>>
►[Active] <<2H Assault Spear: Finesse>> ~ Rank 3 

Inventory
»[Empty] 
»[Equipped] [Perfect] Leather Armor of the Amatuer Duelist: +3 Evasion 
»[Equipped] [Perfect] Warrior’s Focus: +3 Accuracy 

@Stryder

Edited by Pinball

Huh... this wasn't something he had been asked to do in along time. The 'Breaking the unbreakable quest'. He had done this to get his martial arts, the weappon of choice he was deciding to use. It was easily one of the best choices he had made so far in his build, next would be making himself some custom medium armor by combing heavy and light. He didn't resond to Hei, having already been on the second floor as he was finishing transfering out all his old stuff from his shop, which he had sold to get enough money for the new one. He put it all in his inventory, rushing out towards where hew as told to meet.

Hey Hei Hei" Sky said as he got up to them, his back looking unusual as it was purely white, but fluffy white. Like he was carrying a wolf white. He looks at Dustin, not recognising him, but guessing he was the erson wanting to do the quest. 

"Hey, my name is Stryder, leader of the Guardians of the New Dawn. Nice to meet you"

(I had to force this out, sorry for the quality)

"

Dustin waves to the man who had just introduced himself as Stryder. "So, are we gonna get going?" He asks, quickly holding his hand up. He listens closely and hears the sound of punching ringing through the mountain range. This is gonna be awesome. His mind begins to race through all of the possibilities with this weapon type. Though not as experienced as with a sword, Dustin knew how to fight, so the system didn't need to help him as much. The player turns and runs in the direction of the sounds. He runs at breakneck speeds, through the rocks and over the smaller rocks on the ground. He appears around the huge boulder and slides down next to the other player. "Hey, that's my rock." He runs up the wall and jumps towards the rock and Punches it with all the might his arms can muster. The damage, while not obvious, did show upon closer inspection. His thought about race about how he can make sure the Boulder doesn’t last too much longer. The boy’s heart doesn’t set on any course of action, though he won’t give up.

Spoiler

ID: 105851

BD: 8

Dustin punches the rock

38 - 2 = 36 HP

Dustin: 180/180 HP | 17/18 EN | 3 DMG | 1 EVA | 14 MIT | 1 ACC

Boulder: 36/50 HP | -2 EVA

@Hei @Pinball @Stryder

Edited by Dustin

Hei was surprised by how fast Stryder appeared, he had thought the leader of the Guardians probably would take his time, but it seemed he had been on the second floor already, so when he arrived Hei quickly greeted him after Stryder had introduced himself to Dustin. "Hey Stryder, nice to see you. How was your day? We need to make sure we meet more frequently" he said, when Dustin suddenly rushed towards where the big ass rock was located.
At first Hei did not hear the sounds, but when Dustin ran away, he heard the sounds of punching himself, and even though not as hasty as Dustin, he made his way to the rock, just to see that Pinball had followed his invitation and was already attacking the rock.
"Hey Pin, long time no see. I see you already have fun with the rock" he yelled, as Dustin jumped through the air and attacked it. It would be time for him to do his best too. Telling Huatli, who had been following them quietly, to attack the stone Hei observed the raptor, as it attacked a small crack in the rock. This was the point he had to attack, so with the gloves of annihilation on his hands, he walked up to the rock and simply punched it a single time, aiming for the small crack in the rock and hit it exactly in the right spot, dealing some amount of damage that could have been close to 10% of the HP gauge.

Hei: 600/600 HP | 60/60 Energy | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 4 DMG

Boulder: 31/50 HP | -2 EVA

ID# 105871
BD: 9 -> 4+1 DMG -> 31/50 HP

Spoiler

Hei: 600/600 HP | 60/60 Energy | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 4 DMG | +3 LD

Scales of Speed (+3 EVA)
Huatli (+3 ACC Familiar)
Gloves of Annihilation (+3 DMG)
Champions Robes (+3 LD)

@Pinball

Edited by Hei

He was shocked to see another player burst forth from the trees. Out of instinct, Pinball reeled backwards, fists held as though he were going to have to block a punch and he wanted to catch it on his arms. "Oh," he finally said, then his mood soured, and he repeated himself. "Right. Your rock." With a grumble Pinball took a step back, then whirled back around and threw one last parting punch at the rock. His fist cracked against the Boulder, and its healthbar dropped substantially; it was enough to put the boulder into the yellow. Flashing Dustin an upset look as he walked backwards, he shrugged. "Sorry. I'll wait for the respawn."

It was then that he noticed two other people pop up from the undergrowth: the faces of Hei, and of Stryder not so close behind. Hei immediately greeted him, as if he hadn't dropped out of the guild all that time ago. Maybe he didn't notice? Pinball found it hard to believe. Or maybe he's just trying to act like it didn't happen. Hei went up for his own punch at the rock - with the chip damage those two were delivering, it wouldn't last long. Pinball eyed Stryder, backing up, wary of his former guild leader and what he might have to say to him. 

Action Taken: Unarmed Strike - [-1 EN / +1 EN] 
Boulder: ID# 105873  BD: 6+3+3= 12 (Hit!) ~ 7 DMG 

- Enemies - 

Boulder: 24/50 HP | -2 EVA

- Players - 

Pinball: 840/840 HP | 83/84 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 7 DMG 
Dustin: 180/180 HP | 17/18 EN | 3 DMG | 1 EVA | 14 MIT | 1 ACC
Hei:
600/600 HP | 60/60 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 4 DMG 

Edited by Pinball

It seemed like Dustin and Hei were in a bit of a hurry, moving realitivitaly quickly up the hill, but he wasn't. Sure, he ahd gotten here really quickly, but he wasn't in any rush to break this rock. He knew he could do it in about 3 hits, with a fourth breaking it entirely. He walked up, hands in pockets until he got to the top, where he saw Pinball.... without the guild symbol next to his name. 

Guess he did leave. Wonder why... I better keep an eye on him

"Hey Pinny, long time no see man. How ya doing?" He says, walking over to the rock himself. He pulls a fist back, and slams it into the rock with little effort, a echoing 'thud' dashing across the area as the rock cracks right down the middle, almost splitting in half, though having enough to keep its shape, and a fragment at the top where his fist hit it flies off, nearly hitting Pin in the face as it flys past him off the mountain.

"Alright, my job is done.... If i hit it again the whole thing will collapse" He laughs a little, looking at them.

-

Spoiler

ID# 106004 results:

Battle: 2+3+2(-2 EVA) - Hit. DMG - 15

Boulder: 9/50 HP | -2 EVA

Dustin had watched the players do massive amounts of damage to the rock and looked at his own hands. Why can’t I do that much damage? I have these super cool hand wraps, but I can’t really do much with them. Not yet at least. He pulls up his fist and looks to the other players. A grin crosses his face as he runs towards the rock and slams his fist into it as hard as he can and sees the health bar drop a few pixels. “Aw man, would’ve been so cool if it broke on that hit. These hand wraps do help a lot though, especially when it comes to looking cool.” The player looks at the rock and laughs, knowing that next chance he gets he’ll be able to do a little bit more damage to the rock. He turns to the boy who was attacking the rock before he got there. “Hey, where’d you get that cat? It looks pretty cool.” He says, trying to make some conversation. His hand was tingling and his knuckles were glowing red, but he was ignoring the pain to save face in front of the players around him.

Spoiler

ID: 106072

BD: 5 + 2 = 7

9 - 2 = 7 HP

Boulder: 7/50 HP | -2 EVA

@Hei @Pinball @Stryder

Edited by Dustin

Hei was confused that Pin, one of his oldest friends within the game didn't really reacted to him greeting him. - There must have happened something, I mean, I haven't seen him in quite a while, and that's how he greets me? - Hei thought, then he saw that Pin didn't have the guilds emblem shown next to his name and he remembered, that Pin had dropped out of the guild and blocked all contact not to long ago. It had been a shock when he had noticed, but as there was no way in contacting Pin, Hei had just accepted it and hoped, that his friend would come back sometime. - Well, I bet he hadn't expected us to be here, maybe I should ask what happened, or better I don't. If he wants to talk, he will come to me - and so Hei decided to "ignore" the fact, that Pin wasn't part of the guild, at least for the moment.

Hei watched Stryder greeting Pin, and just like he did, Stryder friendly greeted Pin, even though when he attacked the stone, a part of it nearly hit Pin. Hei wondered, if this had been intended, or if it had just been coincidence. But he couldn't solve the puzzle of it, so he turned his attention back to the rock, that once again got attacked by Dustin, who did a little bit of damage when he hit it, then commenting on how the hand wraps did help, but the most with looking cool. "Yeah, they look damn cool, but I think they do help quite a lot. It's just that Stryder has the martial arts skill, which increases his damage, and I bet Pin has tier two wraps with nothing but damage enhancements, so that is why his damage is way higher than mine or yours. But just look at the bright side, it's already close to breaking" and with this said, Hei jumped into action, following up on Dustin's attack by multiple slashed with the shadowy claws on his hands, which lead to the rock's HP dropping a little, and pieces of it getting lose and flying around.

ID# 106178
BD: 7 -> hit -> 4 DMG -> 3/50 HP

Boulder: 3/50 HP | -2 EVA

@Pinball

Edited by Hei

"Uhh, yeah," Pinball stammered, holding his shadowy hands up. "Psst," he whispered to his arms. The shadowy fog lifted, merged into one blob, and then took the shape of a shadowy cat. Zomekko regarded the three other players in the clearing with blank, pure white eyes. It was then that Stryder punched the rock, and he flinched. He didn't have his weapon equipped, so if it came down to a fight - wait. Why would it? 
It was then that Dustin asked him where he got the cat. "Oh," he mumbled, "I found her in like... this crypt thing. On the thirteenth floor." He had seen Dustin a couple of times before, but they had never really had any real conversations. Seeing as how Hei and Stryder were both a good bit more social than he was, he wouldn't be having any real one-on-ones this time, either.
Which, of course, to him, wasn't a bad thing in the slightest. It relieved him, to a certain extent. To be perfectly honest, he didn't want to be here in the first place. Not after they had emerged from the mountain path. He had been of a mind to take the quest by himself. I don't have damage wraps, Pinball thought to himself, leaning into a tree, it's just my cat. Zomekko floated up to his shoulder, where she lazily sat, gazing about the clearing. 

Sky didn't say much, at all this time around. He didn't have anything he needed to say, Pinball had left his guild.  And from the sound, and look of him, he was a little nervous. He really didn't understand why, but... He didn't really care. Of course he did, but he knew there was nothing he could do about it. He had started his guild to be guardians to the weak, and he had outgrown them, he had risen in level faster than he had, and was now stronger than anyone in his entire guild. He was kinda proud of the kid, if he was being honest. He looked at the Rock, it on its last threads before it would completely shatter into a thousand different pieces. He had done this quest a lot, not on his own time, but he had always run into people doing it up here. It was easy for him, at this point, considering it took him three strikes to essentially shatter the entire thing. He wished he could habe done it like this himself, it had taken him forever to get this bloody thing done.

Dustin runs towards the rock and lets out an ear piercing scream, slamming his fist into the rock. After he hit the rock, his voice releases utter agony into the air around the players. His eyes move towards the health bar and he utters one word, holding his wrist which had buckled under the force of the attack. "Someone break that goddamn rock or I'm breaking someone here." He says, not realizing that every player within a hundred meter radius could kill him with both hands tied behind their backs. He turns and walks back, This rock better get broken soon, or I'm gonna kick a baby or something. His face morphs into a face of horror. What the heck? Why was THAT my go to release of stress? He holds his head and groans. "I'm going insane." He laments to the other players. Since when did he start thinking so violently, especially towards babies? Whatever, sometimes you just have to roll with the punches. Then again, it never hurt to ignore the dark thoughts.

ID: 106397

BD: 2 + 3 = 5

Miss

Boulder: 3/50 HP | -2 EVA

@Hei

Edited by Dustin

Hei had noticed, that Pin had talked to his arms, and Zomekko, the ghost cat they had found together left his arms and formed the cat she normally was. - Oh, that's right, he doesn't have wraps, it`s just his familiar helping him. - he thought, but there was no need to tell Dustin anymore, as he had seen the cat himself. Other than this, Hei realized, that Pin looked really nervous, which might be because he had met them here and was no longer part of the guild. The other two had not attacked the rock after it had gone down into the red, and so it was only Dustin who ran towards the rock and hit it with quite some strength, but the rock didn't lose any help. Dustin had said, that someone should break the rock, before he would break someone around and maybe going insane.
Hei who though of this quest more as a lesson than of a fight turned to Dustin and said
"We won't break the rock for you, if you really want to become stronger and use your body as weapon, you need to understand, that it is the inner will and not the body you have to train. So show this rock who will stand in the end"

@Pinball

• 3 weeks later...

We won't break the rock for you. 
The words echoed in his head, and Pinball frowned. But I wanted to break that rock, he complained to himself, shuffling in place. He turned, examined the clearing, and walked aside to stand up against a tree. He crossed his arms, and instead of talking more, instead stared deeply into the mountain's undergrowth. He hadn't seen any of these people for a very long time, and to see them again was a bit disconcerting - especially when taking into consideration the circumstances of his self-inflicted exile. 
He just had to wait for the sandy-haired dude to break the rock, then he could finally get his revenge. He'd just ignore the fact that he had practically destroyed the thing for him, but... that's neither here nor there. Pinball glared at the ground grumpily, glancing back up at Stryder and Hei. Had they gotten any stronger? He knew Stryder had always been one to look up to, but had Pinball finally passed him? He shook his head to himself. Doubt it. 

• 1 month later...

Sky sat down, not knowing what to do. He was getting bored. He wanted to break this bloody rock and go home already. But... as Hei had said, he needed to do this on his own to get stronger. He looked over at Pinball, he seemed to be... angry about something. He had been here for awhile, and at this point Sky was assuming something was up with him. He got up and walked over towards the ex guild mate of his, sitting down near him.

"Hey Pin, i don't hate you for leaving the guild, if thats why you keep glancing at us. I know you don't need us anymore, you'v gotten pretty strong from what i can tell" He said to him, giving the guy a smile. Things had always been... akward between the two of them. They had known each other for a long time, but it still idnd't make it any easier when they talked to each other.

I’m Dustin, having been so bored before, finally feels a fire under his ass again. This is gonna be outrageous. I’ll bash this rock and I’ll get the reward. He runs towards the rock and slams his hand into it, the wraps not letting his wrist buckle, and his conviction keeping him going. “Hell yeah, it should almost be broken.” He looks up and watches it drag closer to nothingness but stopping one pixel short. Son of a b*tch. That would’ve been so cool. He backs up, turning to see his friends helping him on this quest. This world is awesome, I made new friends, I’m getting a reward soon. I’m gonna save this world. He pulls up his hood and tightens his wraps. “Hey Hei, thanks for the wraps, they are so awesome.” He smiles, turning back to the rock and nodding. Let’s get this b*tch of a quest done, I have stuff to do later. He smiles once again.

ID: 109872

BD: 4 + 3 = 7

3 - 2 = 1

Boulder: 1/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Dustin

Hei was focused on Dustin, who was still trying to break the rock infront of him, but he noticed that both Pin and Stryder seemed to leave the area for some more privacy. He didn't knew what had happened between them, but with Pin not being part of the guild anymore, there probably would be some serious talk between the two. - I'm the champion of the new Dawn, I probably should be with them, but I can't leave Dustin just like this, I'm not sure he would stay to end the fisht without loosing his patience and doing something stupid - he thought and looked bak to Dustin. He had just landed another hit, but the rock survived with a sliver of HP left. "No problem, that's what friends are for. Just keep up the will, and the rock will break with no doubt." he said to cheer for Dustin. He had nearly broken, and Hei knew he would be super glad once it was done.

@Pinball

• 2 weeks later...

Dustin spins, slamming his elbow into the rock but not putting enough force behind it to change a damn thing. The boy frowns at the player who mad him the wraps and starts to back up again, standing in a much more relaxed, but careful stance. Almost like he was back in the real world getting ready to beat somebody to a pulp. The determination in his eyes didn't help trying to hide his past. Come on Dustin, you can do it. It's no different than all of those bullies whose faces you stomped in for talking crap about your family. It's exactly the same. He takes a deep breath and steadies. Oh, there's nothing stopping me now. I've made up my mind, I'm breaking this rock. He draws his arm down, flicks it and brings it back up. He starts to dance a dance of a boxer getting ready for round two as he loosens up. "I got this stupid rock. No need for y'all to step in." His voice almost holding anger towards the boulder.

ID: 110397

BD: 1

Crit Miss

Boulder: 1/50 HP | -2 EVA

@Hei ((OOC: They said skip them until the rock is broken))

Edited by Dustin

Shortly after he had cheered for Dustin, the boy started his next attack against the boulder, but even before he hit the rock Hei was sure he wouldn't break it with that hit. He noticed that Dustin's arm wasn't moving with the speed of an in game attack, but more like he actually tired to slam it into the rock. The elbow bumped into the rock without damaging it at all, just as expected and he could see how he frowned for a moment, before he looked over to Hei.
Hei smiled at him and signed him, that he should focus and continue. Dustin seemed to focus, and when he came back from what ever thoughts he had, he started with moving in a way more relaxed and agile way. It somehow looked like a boxer getting ready to fight, with his arms and legs becoming more loose. When he then said, that he wouldn't need anyone Hei was sure, the fighter was about to learn what martial arts really was about, so he smiled and said "That's right, you got it. Now make it crumble"

@Dustin