PP|F08 Wasted time (Hakai)

“Where should I drink today?” He asks with a smile on his face. On floor 8 Dustin walked through the town and looked for a tavern. He wasn’t just in it for drinking, he wanted to have a place to hang out. “Florenthia’s taverns suck.” He says. The boy spends a lot of time on this floor. It’s his second favorite and he likes to explore the woods. He walks into the first tavern he sees and smiles. He looks around and sees a player at a table by themselves. He walks over and sits up on the table. “You alone? Good, tables are crappy seats.” He moves to a seat. He calls over a waiter and smiles. “Strongest drink you have.” He says. He pulls his hood down and looks at the player. “So you drinking sorrows away or drinking because you’re thirsty?” He asks, with a look of curiosity in his eyes. 

@Hakai

Hakai hated the woods, this floor specifically. It was almost always sunny and the whole place buzzed with life. She much preferred the gloom of floor thirteen. She threw her head back, taking another shot of whiskey, despite knowing full well that it wouldn't have any effect. It was more of a way of expressing her feelings than anything else. She slammed the empty shot glass back down on the table, as someone sat down in front of her. On the table. She sighed and looked away from them. She didn't feel like talking, but at the same time she didn't really have the energy to shove him off of his impromptu seat. "You like to bother strangers, or do you have a death wish? Or both?" She glanced over at him as he slid into the seat across from her, her trademark smirk lighting up her face momentarily before fading back into the sorrow that was etched on her face. "Curiosity killed more than just the cat." She muttered, ordering another shot of whiskey from the waiter.

@Dustin

“I hate cats.” He pulls his hood back up. The kid had no reason to show his face to this girl, so why continue to? The boy’s drink is set down in front of him. “I prefer Scotch. Especially when it’s smooth.” He says, smiling and taking a drink of it. He sets it back down and removes his cloak all together. His blue sweatshirt sits loosely on his torso and his black pants beneath the table appear. This was his casual wear. “Listen, I’m sorry to bother you, I just hate the places on this floor and was gonna ask if there were any better taverns on this floor.” A smile is drawn across his face as he puts on sunglasses. The boy’s smile disappears as he looks down at his necklace. It’s just a sword hanging from his neck. Looking like his old sword “Fury’s Hand.” He looks back at the girl, and nods, “This stuff is smooth.” He says, takin another drink. “Want to try?”

@Hakai

She scowled, her dog tags jangling as she inclined her head down towards the table instead of making eye contact with him. She adjusted herself in her seat, sitting up and pulling her red and white leather jacket closer around herself. "I wouldn't know. I live on the thirteenth floor." She frowned and looked up at the other player, who was now wearing sunglasses inside for whatever reason. Maybe she scared him. Good. Maybe he would leave her alone. She raised an eyebrow as he asked her if she wanted to try his drink. "Trying to buy me a drink now? Why are you talking to me exactly? I give off the whole depressed and dangerous vibe. People don't just talk to me unless they want something." She leaned forward, propping her head up on her chin and staring at him, her hair falling like a veil in front of half of her face. She didn't bother to brush it back behind her shoulder, and instead kept looking at him expectantly.

@Dustin

The player hears the girl describe herself and only smiles. “You want to know? You really want to know? It’s because you look like the most interesting person in this tavern. And by the way, danger is my favorite state of being.” He says, taking another drink. “And I’m not trying to buy you drinks for any reason other than this is a really good drink.” He picks up the glass and shakes it. The liquid swirls around and the three ice cubes shake a bit. “I’m not into people I meet in taverns, unless they’re awesome with a weapon.” He says, pulling out a sandwich and taking a huge bite out of it. “I’ve got another if you want one.” He says, pointing to his pocket. The boy had no plan s on flirting with this girl as that would get him nowhere, other than embarrassed and drinking alone. He was used to the drinking alone, but the embarrassment would’ve likely been brutal. “I have no intention of trying to “woo” you. I just want to drink without drinking alone.” his face appears to have a much more serious mold than before. “Why can’t two people sit at the same table and drink? Both alone, and if you want, neither saying a word.” A grin appears on his face as he asks for another drink. “Besides, shots are dumb after a while.” He pulls up his second drink.

@Hakai

She let out a long sigh and let her arm collapse in front of her, her head thudding on the table with exasperation. Maybe if she poked him a bit with her katana he would leave her alone. "That's not how it works. Company invites conversation. Whatever." She looked up at him her chin resting on the table. "What brings you to this floor, besides the taverns?" She asked quietly, wondering if he was yet another player trying to hunt her down for her demonic weapon. She had fallen into the shadows, and people didn't seek her out like that anymore. Paranoia didn't suit her, and it was about time that she at least attempted to get out of this slump she'd been in, and maybe this guy was her chance to do just that. It could be that fate was throwing her a rope. Not that she had ever really believed in fate. Things changed though, especially when you had a couple of months of pondering the past and being alone. There were too many coincidences in her past for it all to have been random, right? If the pattern continued, this guy would end up dead, just like the rest of her 'friends'. Not that she cared. "I'm Hakai."

@Dustin

Dustin stands up and smiles. “Hello Hakai. I’m Dustin and this is my sword DawnBringer.” He draws his golden sword. The blade has lightning swirling around it and an ivory handle. The handle has a rose on either side. “There’s a dagger in a pond on the sixth floor.” He smiles leaning back drinking his scotch. He pulls off his sunglasses and leans forward. “I was gonna ask someone to help me kill a field boss, you seem like you know your way around a fight.” His smile disappears. He pulls out a sandwich. “The ice monster on floor four is pretty fun to fight. Also there’s the bee on floor 2.” He sheathes his sword in a blur. His sandwich moves up to his mouth and he takes a bite from it. “You’re welcome to pick a field boss. I’m ready to fight anytime.” He smiles, taking yet another bite out of his sandwich. The boy’s sandwich was now gone so he pulls out a cookie. “I always have extra food, I used to be an older brother.” He says, with a straight face.

@Hakai

She stood up slowly, supporting herself on the table with one hand. She was so tired that the action itself felt like a struggle to her, despite her knowing that if she really wanted to she could hop up easily. Depression did that to you. She unsheathed her katana, the green and black blade shimmering as though it were wet. "This is my sword, Limbo's Fang." She supposed that Dustin was a dramatic type. She didn't usually see people brandishing their swords, let along actually name them something important enough to announce it to others as part of their introduction. She only cared about her weapons name because it was a special boss drop with unique attributes.

She let out a long sigh, the fact that he has said "Used to be" not going over her head. "Most of us have lost someone at this point. Me, I used to be a wife. Things change, especially in a death game." She leaned against the table, staring off into space for a moment. "You can choose. Ive done them all before and I can do them all again without breaking a sweat."

@Dustin

“That’s an awesome name for a sword.” He says, tilting his head and reaching to poke the sword. That’s your second dumbest idea today Dustin, one more and you’re out. He thinks to himself and stands up. “While we’re at it we could go kill some smaller monsters. Maybe get some loot too.” He smiles, offering a cookie. He offers a lot of people cookies because he always has at least one. “I know everyone lost something in this game. It’s why I don’t like to bring up my brother, I fear it comes off as me saying my loss is worse than yours.” He replies to her statement. The boy’s arm with the cookie drops and he walks towards the door of the tavern. “Come on, I don’t get to hunt here very often.” He says, drawing his sword yet again and walking out of the tavern.

@Hakai

Hakai batted his hand with the flat of the blade as he went to poke it, wordlessly giving him a look of disapproval. She sheathed her sword. and followed him out of the tavern. "Everyone thinks that. No matter what you say that's how itll come off." She frowned , walking alongside him. "You lead the way. I have a feeling this will be a bore anyway. Im too much for this floor to handle." She looked up at the sky in annoyance, not entirely sure why she was bothering to follow the other player around. Maybe it was that he seemed interesting. Maybe it was just her realization that the only way to get over her apathy was to force herself to do things. She pulled up her HUD and sent him a party invite. Friend requests could wait until she knew more about him. "I'm guessing your a damage dealer from how proud you seem to be of that sword." She stated, glancing over at him.

@Dustin

The boy begins to equip his battle gear and smiles at the assumption of his build. "Of course I'm a damage dealer. It's what I was born for." He chuckles. "But in all seriousness, I can get carried away in combat. Though it is when I have the most fun." He smiles equipping his hand wraps instead of his sword. He pulls his sweatshirt sleeves over most of the wraps, and begins to walk out of town. "If you want we can go up a few floors. Highest I can go is 20." He smiles. At that level, all the monsters would be strong enough to be a challenge. On this floor it's a few hits and they're done. Though it is still dangerous for him, he'd rather experience the rush of real combat. "This floor does have some pretty weak monsters, I'll give you that." He smiles at the girl and walks towards the teleport gate. "Go wherever you want." He smiles innocently.

@Hakai