[F01 - PP] Eager for Experience <<The Third Lesson, Is Just As Free>> (With Katagawa)

Days had passed since Rithe had talked to Tsuisuta. She wanted to reach out to her, but she assumed that her friend(?) might not take too well to being summoned. After all, Rithe did say that she would wait for Tsuisuta to contact her... But this package is taking up inventory space, and is just a general eyesore. Despite trying to hold off on the next tutorial quest, it seemed as if the game accepted it for her, giving her this irritating package. She sits on a bench in the plaza of the Starting City, trying to decide if she would be a horrible person for abandoning her friend and doing the next quest herself. "Ah! Fine, I'll do it. Sorry, Tsuisuta." She remembers reading about a enemy that does an obscene amount of damage on its first hit, so Rithe scrolls to her inventory and eyes the <<Specific Safeguard>>. Bottoms up. She takes it out and drinks the potion, noticing the safeguard effect become active. This should last until I'm hit next. Right? It doesn't decay, does it? She suddenly feels worried, trying to process if she took the potion too early. I better get started quickly then. Rithe stands up from her seat and heads in the exact opposite direction of where she should be going. She's over here, isn't she? Hannah the artisan? 

It was another sunny day on the first floor, though Hokori had still yet to see a day here that wasn't near perfect weather. It was always a bit warmer than she liked, but that wouldn't really hurt in the end. She found herself walking through the garden where the local NPC artisan resided, handing out the third quest to players. As she was, she noticed a player walking with one of those parcels, seemingly a little lost as to where the artisan was. Approaching them, she kept a soft smile on her face and greeted them in a semi-formal matter. Her blade wasn't equipped, but she did still have her heavy armor on. "Hello! You seem to be a little bit lost. Mind if I help you out a little bit?" She was unsure whether or not she would actually be able to help with the quest itself, but she could at least provide a vanguard of sorts to make sure they weren't interrupted in carrying it out. Besides, she had always found having company on quests was much more useful.

@Rithe

It's got to be around here somewhere. Rithe was just starting to get irritated when someone appeared before her, offering help. She was tempted to be stubborn and refuse the help, but stopped herself and looked at the approaching blonde. "Hey... Yeah, I am." she sighs. "Pretty bad too, from the looks of it. Do you know where Hannah is? I'm pretty sure at this point that she's in Tolbana." she says tiredly. Rithe actually examines the woman before her and remarks "I take it that you prefer handling higher floors? You seem like you can hold your own." she compliments. "Why help people like me down here, when you could be frontlining?" Rithe wasn't being sarcastic when she says this, despite how it may seem to Katagawa. Wait! What if she takes offense?! "N-not that you h-have to be frontlining." She stammers, somewhat embarrassed. I'm making a fool out of myself in front of a really strong player. Rithe seems to have made a habit of doing so... or at least, that's what she thinks.

Hokori had to stifle laughter as the player talked about them fighting on the front lines. She was very flattered that they thought she was so strong, but she made sure to set the record straight. "I'm not actually that high of a level, and I haven't gone above the second floor. I spend most of my time down here helping people. I figured that so long as I am still fairly low level that I can help people and still get a decent reward from it myself. As for where Hannah is, she's just this way." She led her towards where Hannah was and waited for her to continue the quest. "I've already done the quest, but I'll help you along as best as I can. You'll need to be able to do some attacking of your own though, not sure if it will let me help you with all of the objectives."

@Rithe

She raises an eyebrow in confusion, So... she isn't a frontliner? Wait?! She hasn't gone above the 2nd floor? Rithe begins thinking about relative level in relation to floor number, and after a few moments of number crunching, she comes to a conclusion. She's lower level than me? Her embarrassment redoubles. I'm not setting a very good example, am I... Rithe looks back up as the friendly player guides her towards the next waypoint in the quest. She sighs at her own lack of navigational skills, disappointed that she was only a few minutes away the entire time. "Thanks for taking me this far." She says, giving a gentle smile before turning to the NPC and listening to the instructions for the quest. "You don't have to come with me if it inconveniences you in any way." She offers, not wanting to get in the way of this player's rise up the ranks. I just need to grab a jewel and fight a fairly dangerous monster. A bead of nervous sweat drips slowly down her face. It should be fine...

"I'll come with you. I could stand to get better at using my weapon anyways. It always feels so awkward to me, but I'm hoping to get used to it. If not, I may have to start working towards a different weapon instead. Not sure what it would be, but hopefully it will be something I can actually feel comfortable with." She didn't mention it, but it seemed as though the player did actually know what they were doing, just had waited a while before doing the quest. There was still apprehension in their voice though, so it was quite possible they would still need help. She did her best to make idle chatter while they came up to the NPC. "So, what build are you working towards? If you don't mind me asking, of course. I'm still unsure exactly what I want to do, but I do want to help take the damage off of others." They were still doing the quest, so she figured they wouldn't have a complete build, but they were likely to have already started to give it some thought.

@Rithe

The two of them left Hannah's grove heading towards the cave that the quest marker was indicating. Rithe would have liked to say that she was leading the party, but her directional capabilities forced her to concede the position to the more oriented Katagawa. A gentle breeze swept across the plains as they traveled, tousling Rithe's hair. She looks at her companion while they walk, and nodding at appropriate points throughout the conversation. "What do you mean by build?" She says, lost in the terminology. "Like the skills I'm going for?" She pauses, pondering. "I want to help people, but I don't want to be helpless myself... You know?" She sighs, aware that the answer she gave probably wasn't what Katagawa was looking for. "I'm not sure what build that would be..." The two women eventually arrive at the entrance to the cave, Rithe looking apprehensively at the darkness.  "I guess this is it. Oh! And before I forget..." Rithe turns toward her new ally, smiling warmly.  "I'm Rithe."

As the two grabbed the quest and started to walk towards the cave, Hokori noticed that Rithe let her take the lead. She decided not to talk so much about it, as it was likely a point of insecurity for them. Her short hair wasn't moving much in the wind, though there was still a hint of breeze through her hair. "You could probably go for a support build. Grab some healing skills. I haven't really done my research but I bet you can still get some damage from that while being helpful to others. I'm thinking of doing something similar, taking the hits for players. Of course, I'm not really sure if there is much use if I just stand in front of others. I'll need to figure that out some more." As the two approached the cave, Rithe introduced herself, and Hokori returned the greeting and smile, "Katagawa, people call me Kat." With that, she drew her large sword and prepared to head into the cave. There may be some issues with creatures inside of it, though if it was the same one then they would probably be fine.

@Rithe

Rithe pondered the suggestion.  "I guess support would be the way to go then..." Maybe that's the right option.. But I can't keep hiding behind others. I won't keep hiding behind others. Damsel in distress doesn't sound like an enticing job title. Rithe looks once more into the shadowed depths of the cave, turning to Katagawa and smiling when she too introduces herself.  "Kat... That's adorable." she says the latter part almost to herself. But then she notices the large weapon being wielded.. Such a scary weapon for such a cute name. She stifles a giggle at this, and heads into the cave. It was dark in the cave. That may be an extremely basic observation, but it really was the only observation that could be made given the circumstances. "I can't see anything in here.. Can you?" she asks her ally. If I were a generic gemstone, where would I be?

The two waited in front of the cave for a bit, peering in and trying to figure out what they could see. "Support isn't all that bad actually. You may feel like you're not doing much, but it is usually one of the most important roles in a game. I've done my fair share of playing support, side effect of being the girl in a university full of boys, they are an underrated necessity." She continued to look into the cave, hoping she was at least doing something to cheer Rithe up. Realizing she had yet to do so, she made her way through the maze of menus and sent a party request to Rithe, in case the two got separated. "I've done this quest before, but I'm not so sure if the gem will be in the same place. As for sight, it gets a little bit better once you're inside of the cave. Just make sure that when we start swinging to not get hit by my blade. I may be careful, but it is close quarters in there."

@Rithe (I am so sorry for missing this)

While the cave might be a little scary, at least I can get an amulet out of this quest. She sighs, remembering the remarkably frustrating fight against a lot of boar pups. Maybe accuracy would be a good idea. She leads the way, looking over her should occasionally, making sure that Katagawa is still behind her. "That sounds..." She stops herself before continuing, being the only girl in a school full of boys? "How did you get into that situation?" She says, reacting to the party invitation by accepting, and continuing forward. The entry tunnel of the cave opens up into a vast cavern clearing. Multiple exits leave from this area further into the depths of the underground. Looking around the area, Rithe frowns. "There really isn't much here but rocks and... stalag-? stalac-? Whatever they're called." She kicks at one of the stalagmites, and steps back in surprise when it breaks apart easily, revealing a small gemstone within. "Is... that it?" She asks turning to her ally and holding it up to her. A rumbling sound follows, and Rithe grabs onto another pillar of rock for support. A loud crashing occurs and dust gets sent everywhere, and when it settles, Rithe notices that their entrance has been sealed. "Here we go..."

Hokori let Rithe take the lead on their way into the cave. now that they were in the quest area, it's not like they could get turned around. If they did, she would just kindly point in the right direction, or maybe say the right direction with how dark it was in here. She was taken aback at the question, then realized that they probably didn't have a STEM section if hey went to college. "Comes with being an engineering major. As much as they say the work force is almost evenly split in terms of gender, it certainly isn't that in the schools. It's not too bad, though you do have to put up with a fair bit of teasing. A school of about 20 plus guys to each girl means you get a lot of unsavory offers." She shivered a little at some of the memories, hoping Rithe wouldn't see it. Soon after, they were able to locate the gem, and then the cave collapsed behind them. "Well, best draw whatever weapon you've got now."

@Rithe (OOC: you're good to spawn the monster whenever)

Rithe nods to her ally's suggestion, removing two rolls of black cloth with red inscriptions from her inventory. "What does it look like?" She asks, trying to see in the still-dense dust. A menacing rumbling sound reverberates off the cavernous walls, the echo not giving a clear indication of where this monster was. The light in the cave left much to be desired, and coupled with the dust, it was a chore to see one's own hand. Rithe begins wrapping the cloth carefully around her hands despite this, while still trying to see through the visual obstructions. A whooshing of air brings Rithe attention to a incoming object, forcing her to duck under it. The object, a shape obscured by the poor visibility, disappears into the darkness. "What..?" Another rushing of air clears some of the dust, allowing Rithe to get a good look at the creature. It was something resembling a golem made of stacks of stone, swinging it's arms as it's primary method of attack. Distracted by its appearance, Rithe is given a direct hit and knocked to the side of the cavern. The safeguard absorbs the damage, but she still has to dust the rocks off.

Spoiler

ID# 106461 results:

Battle: 3 - 1 = 2(miss)

MOB: 8(hit) 50 raw damage - 9 mitigation = 41 final damage(Ignored by Safeguard potion)

[Hate: 0] Rithe: 240/240 HP 22/24 EN (-2 EN) (Safeguard used)

[Hate: 0] Katagawa: 200/200 HP 20/20 EN

^Players have a -1 to accuracy

Cave Guardian: 20/20 HP | 50 DMG (on first hit) / 5 (no critical hit damage bonus)

Edited by Rithe
combat!!

It didn't take long for the cave guardian to show up after Rithe had grabbed the crystal. Hokori wondered if she was even able to attack the creature, so decided to hang back for the time baing. As it stood, it would be much better for Rithe to be able to take this down on her own. It seemed she was having some confidence issues and Hokori hoped to help remedy that. Perhaps she might give a swing at it if she felt that Rithe was struggling too much, but for now it was better not to interfere with what the quest was giving them. The darkness wasn't helping much, and made it so that she couldn't quite see what form the guardian had taken. She had heard of it being a golem, though the time she had done this it ended up being a pair of cave trolls. Perhaps it was random, and maybe there was a difference to them. As it stood though, it seemed as though Rithe was able to do ok on her own.

@Rithe

Breathing in deep, she hoists herself up from the ground, using a nearby stalagmite for support. Instantly she became worried. Where's Katagawa? Is she okay? I hope that thing isn't trying to hurt her! I can take the hits, I don't want to let other people keep saving me over and over again. She tightens the handwraps and runs into the obscurity of the cavern. I can't hear anything, so that must mean that it isn't attacking her. She breaths a sigh of relief. But that means it could be hiding anywhere... She looks around herself anxiously. This thing was massive, how can it just disappear like that? Just as she was thinking that, she almost ran into it. It moved remarkably slowly, far slower than before, and lazily swung its fist towards her. Rithe almost laughed at the pitiful attempt and decided to play its game. She too punched straight at it, aiming for their punches to collide head-on. This works brilliantly, as the rock monster cracks and chips away under Rithe's superior attack. The bleed effect has marked it for death. Now I just have to wait. 

Spoiler

ID# 106658 results:

Battle: 9 - 1 = 8(still a critical hit) 3 raw damage + 1 crit = 4 final damage

Craft: 12

Loot: 17

MOB: 8(hit) 5 raw damage - 9 mitigation = 1 final damage

[Hate: 2] Rithe: 239/240 HP 22/24 EN (+1 -1 EN)

Katagawa: 200/200 HP 20/20 EN [Not Currently Participating]

Cave Guardian: 4/20 HP | 50 DMG (on first hit) / 5 (no critical hit damage bonus) (1 turn left of bleed)

Edited by Rithe
combat!!!!

Though she was staying back and making sure nothing else showed up, it seemed as though Rithe was handling herself quite well even in the darkness of the cave. "Don't worry about me, I'm fine. Keep attacking whatever is deeper in the cave. I'll work on clearing the wreckage." Though she normally had very little strength, the game had offered her a benefit of gaining some minor stats. With that, she was able to start clearing away the rubble. It was still pitch black, but she could at least tell she was making progress. Hopefully Rithe would keep the golem off of her while she finished clearing a path.

Guess there is a benefit to having some muscle. I was always told a girl shouldn't get that defined of a body, makes them less attractive. Now I see why all the guys were begging to take me to the gym. No, it was probably for other reasons that they wanted me to go to the rec center with them, those perverts.

@Rithe

She retracts her arm, having dealt a fatal blow, and turns to hear Katagawa mention the wreckage. "Here, let me help you." She says, almost confident that the monster had been dealt with. Through the darkness Rithe was unable to see the Guardian shifting and shuddering. She moves over towards her ally, but the familiar sound of rushing air drew her attention back to the still-alive monster. She stands calmly in front of Katagawa defensively, not willing to involve her in the fight. The stone fist came just as slow as it had before, giving Rithe innumerable openings to attack, and yet she took none of them. She just watched as the rock crumbled right before her eyes, as the golem fought against an unseen force destroying it from the inside-out. She stood calmly, as the monster shatters into shards inches before its final attack would have hit Rithe. She turns back to her companion, "Now that whatever that was is out of the way..." 

Spoiler

ID# 106781 results:

MOB: 1(critical failure)

[Hate: 2] Rithe: 239/240 HP 23/24 EN (+1 EN)

Katagawa: 200/200 HP 20/20 EN [Not Currently Participating]

Cave Guardian: -8/20 HP | 50 DMG (on first hit) / 5 (no critical hit damage bonus) (0 turns left of bleed)(slain)

Edited by Rithe
combat!!!

Though unsure just what was happening behind her, it sounded like Rithe was doing fine taking down the golem. She was able to move rocks out of the way with relative ease, slowly clearing a path back towards the entrance. She couldn't tell how much progress was being made because of how dark it was in the cave, but she could feel that rocks were moving away. Seeing Rithe come to join her, Hokori gave an exhausted nod towards her. She seemed to turn back towards where the golem was, and she looked behind her quickly to see the rock monster crumble into pieces. "Good... job... Rithe." Her energy was being depleted from moving the rocks, but she could still talk. The game may not actually be exhausting her, but she could feel the effects as if they were real. "Let's... get out... of here... shall we?" She put her hand on her knees for a short moment to catch her breath before going back to clearing rocks.

@Rithe

She rushes over to her ally, giving her own strength toward clearing the debris as best she can. The rocks were certainly a challenge for her, but with the two of them working at it, they were beginning to clear a path. Rithe smiles, exhausted, when Katagawa congratulates her on a job well done, not having the energy to offer up a verbal response. She nods weakly in response to her companion's statement, also taking a short break. After a few minutes, Rithe takes a deep breath and the two redouble their efforts. Soon enough, they manage to make a exit for themselves. She sits down on one of the nearby rocks that they moved, catching her breath. "That's that." She says, somewhat relieved. That fight wasn't nearly as scary as I thought it was going to be. She stands up, (and offers a hand to Katagawa if Katagawa was sitting) offering to leave the cave. "Ready to turn this in?" She says, smiling.

With the blockage cleared, monster defeated, and gem pocketed, the two were able to make their way out of the cave and back towards safety. "Well, you're the one who has to turn it in. Though I'll walk with you. There's another quest after that as well if you'd like my help." Hokori walked with Rithe back towards the Town of Beginnings, making a bit of small talk along the way. She was hoping that she would be able to bond with Rithe a bit more, though could tell they weren't the open type. Once back in the grove, she let her turn in the quest and watched as she received the same ring that she had when she finished the quest. Either it was a guaranteed reward or luck that they got the same thing. She received a parcel as well to take to what she knew to be the old man at the lake. If they wanted her to, Hokori planned on accompanying Rithe on the last quest for the beginners/ After that, she would be able to help her really start moving forward in this game.

Thread Summary:

Spoiler

Quest completed <<The Third Lesson, Is Just As Free>>: 2 SP and Ring of +1 ACC

1 Page of RP completed: 1 SP and 400 Col

@Rithe totals: 3 SP, 200 Col, and Ring of +1 ACC

Katagawa total: 1 SP and 200 Col