[F04-PP] Storm bring warmth, or not

The Settlement on this floor always seemed to busy for Mace liking, She did not like it around people she would not even care for them at all, Just as the lakes on this floor Mace's heart has been frozen. She wanted to get out off the Settlement and left as early as she could, the sun was no even up yet. As she walked out of the settlement you could feel the warmth of the settlement disappear and feel the cold wind on the floor. She opened her Menu fast and took out a <Potion of Warmth>  too keep her body warm from the wind. She was now walking for quite sometime and ended up in the forest not far from the settlement there it was that a snowstorm began to come up, Mace took out her shield and held it against the wind. Her shield gave her some cover but she needed to find shelter. 

She then spotted a small cave-in at the side off a slop off a mountain, she walked in and to her surprise it was quite cold inside the cave-in. She swiped down her menu and started to make a small fire to give a full party heat, the Fire was quickly made and Mace sat down at the fire. She did not trust it at all so she got her shield and War-hammer at the ready, While her shield looked to be almost 4'9 with wings of gold mounted on it while her War-hammer she had was just a giant block decorated with gold and blue.

@Cosi

• 2 weeks later...

Cosi was just strolling around his home floor four. The best floor in his mind. All the snow covered spruce and fir trees, the icy lakes, and snow capped mountains. Cosi breathed in deep through his nose taking all the winter smells and the cool crisp air. It was amazing. The blonde haired tank wrapped his long scarf around his neck once more and moved above the trees into the more mountainous regions of floor four. This are was actually close to Glacial Cove. Cosi had yet to explore that place. Apparently there were strong mobs to fight. Might be worth it to take a look. But as Cosi started moving that way he caught a sniff of smoke. Someone nearby had started a fire. Cosi thought for a half second, shrugged, and then went in search of the source. He found it relatively easily. The player, a dark haired girl, had taken shelter in a cave and started a fire. Cosi approached with a cheerful smile- her ring was green- and a wave, "Hello there! Mind if I join you!" Cosi called out to the player as he entered the cave. 

@Mace

Mace was looking into the fire and her shield next to her having Valkyrie kind of design on it while it was quite big around 4'9" feet, As she then hears a voice calling out to her greeting her, What the hell do I have with meeting people at a fire, I really need to stop making fires I think, she thought. She looked to the guy and lets out a sigh, "Sit, Please Don't talk," she said very uninterestedly and kind of desperate. Why do people want to sit at my fires, are they so special or something? I know it gets cold on this floor and all but why do out if you are not prepared at all, she thinks as she thinks about the last time she was on floor four and she met someone, "Need warmth potion?" she asked him quickly before getting her attention back to the fire just looking at it almost as she was staring into it getting closer and closer in her mind, She did not want to talk at all and just wanted to relax.

@Cosi

Somewhat taken aback by the girl’s abruptness, Cosi did exactly what she said and sat down without a word. The fire crackled in the silence but Cosi didn’t mind too much. Each person had there own personality, opinions, and other baggage that affected how they interacted with others. Cosi hadn’t always been so gregarious. Only after years of gaming videos did he get that way. When the girl offered him a warmth potion Cosi shook his head, tugged lightly on his sea foam green scarf, and then leaned back against the cave wall. Cosi was actually quite happy he had done the Traveler with Mars. After the fact of course. That desert- all the sand, the blazing sun, and cutting wind- was terrible. But now Cosi endure all the elements and the frigid cold of this floor was just perfect to him. Cosi closed his eyes. He would be ready to talk when or if the girl across from him was ready to

@Mace

Mace looked up as the guy sat down following him close, As he showed that he was okay by tugging at his scarf. "Suit yourself," she said, It was quiet after that, A first time in ever. Mace always asked people just to be quiet when they went and sit with her but they always seemed to start the conversation. Wow, This guy is just playing the long game or is really just going to be quiet like I ask. It stayed quiet for a good 15 minutes after that and the guy still did not speak to her, He was really being quiet. This was quite weird for her as all other people just started talking and Mace was quite amazed by this. She was thinking of starting to talk but she did not want to but in the end, she nodded to herself. "Um... You are different than those others, They all were calm but you are... Just um... Calm" she asked him with a low voice hoping he did not hear it but it was just a bit too loud for that. "Thanks for being quiet, I think," she said then to Him and looked back into the fire.

@Cosi

It was fifteen minutes or so later, when Cosi was nearly asleep, when the girl started to talk. Cosi tried not to spasm as her voice pierced his sleepy reverie but he was sure it looked quite awkward. Still, Cosi sat up from his reclined position and looked at the dark haired girl. She expressed to him how most people weren't as calm or quiet as he had been. Cosi nodded, almost afraid to speak, while his internal voice screamed, You have no idea how hard that was not talking. But he just smiled at her and spoke, "No problem." Cosi grinned his lopsided smile, opened his mouth, closed it, and decided to play it safe by not talking too much more. "So... what's your name? I'm Cosi by the way." Cosi decided to stop talking there. Having a name to go with her face would be good. Cosi would start there.

@Mace

Edited by Cosi

Mace was quite surprised that the guy kept it short and She appreciated it quite a lot as he did this. She gave a weak smile too him and it seemed she lost her heat she was having on him and accepted him being. He is just like Itza, Quiet, Nice, Caring, Maybe he is not so bad, Mace thought looking at him letting go of her war-hammer. As then he asked for her name as well saying his own, "Do you believe that I don't believe in name, But you can have it for now so, the Name is Mace," she said low looking down at the fire and getting a bit sad after saying that. She never gave her name to anyone willingly. And it felt weird a bit to give her names, She looked into the fire thinking about her brother and seeing how this guy Cosi was more looking like her brother. Just respecting her because she wanted to be quiet and accepting that she did not want to speak at all, she even looked a bit happy and while looking down as well thinking about this

@Cosi

Cosi nodded his head. It was a little weird that she said she didn't believe in names but everyone had their own opinions and ideals so it didn't matter what he thought. Anyways she had given him her name so she at least trusted him some. "Nice to meet you Mace." Cosi responded with a lopsided grin. He was about to continue talking but he noticed that she averted her eyes and went back to looking at the fire. Cosi sighed and thought to himself, baby steps, baby steps. She's started talking so let her go her own pace. Everyone is a little different. Not everyone is super talkative. Hell, I wasn't for a while. Cosi decided to lean back like he had before, hands clasped behind his head, and do the same: look into the fire. The flames flickered and wavered, licking at the wood and trying to reach higher but eventually dying out. It was almost mesmerizing. Strike that it was mesmerizing. 

@Mace

It started to grow Quiet again and Mace looked up at Cosi who was sitting on the other side, She started to smile a bit to herself. I'm Happy He is here Itza, You have always helped me even in the hardest time when mom died. You were always so nice and still are, being quiet when I asked and just letting it be for as long as I did not want to speak, It is weird that you are here, She thought to herself as she looked at the fire and then back to Cosi as she was lost in her own mind she opened her mouth, "I'm Happy you are here with me Itza, I would know what to do without... YOU!" She snapped back and looks really sad this time, "I'm Sorry... I'm really Sorry, Cosi was it right? I'm Sorry I thought you were someone else," she said to the guy who was sitting on the other side on the fire as it moved around slowly, What happened there, Did I get lost in my own thought.

@Cosi

Cosi watched as Mace began to smile as she stared at the leaping flames. Then the dark haired girl began to talk, quietly but audible. Cosi caught something about someone called Itza and her happy that he was here... Cosi was starting to think about what she meant when Mace's her snapped up and she exclaimed. She kept talking after that apologizing to him for mistaking him for someone else. Cosi shook his head, his white blonde hair shaking, and held up his hands, "No worries. No apologizes necessary. Heavens know how many times I've mistaken someone for someone else." Cosi chuckled and grinned lopsidedly at Mace. He waited for her to reply if she choose to. He'd let her dictate the pace of the conversation. No reason to force her to talk to him. Besides her outburst seemed to have saddened her and Cosi didn't want to pry more than he should. 

@Mace

As Cosi seemed to not take it and just said not to worry Mace smiled and Chuckled to herself "You are Just like him, Always telling me not to worry about things too much, And always ending up helping me calm down," she said a bit mumbling but still good to understand, "Cosi, are you okay... Um if I end Up calling you... Ni-san from time to time?" she asked him wondering if he was okay with this as Cosi was quite like her own brother minus that Cosi looked much older than her and he had a whole different face then him, "Not that I want you to become my Brother, It is just... Um... You act just like him and ... well, I kind of see him on you," she said looking with quite the serious face looking him right into the eyes. She wanted to have at least someone she cared about and Cosi seemed to fit that role quite easy, not only because Cosi had the same character about him but also that he just kept quiet and accepted who and why she was like this. "If you want... Of Course, And um... I'm okay If you end up calling me Oni-Chan but ... Um, that is up to you, But if not just call me Iz Or Izami," She said still quite a serious face.

@Cosi

Edited by Mace

Mace kept talking and Cosi decided to just sit and listen. It was the least he could do since she seemed to be talking about someone important and special to her. Cosi simply nodded, "Um.. yeah sure. I'm fine with that." So Mace saw him as a brother. Interesting. Or at least like her brother. She's not really like Sara. Sara is very different. Much more talkative. Cosi shrugged to himself and kept listening to Mace. Cosi shrugged again when Mace said that he could call her Oni- Chan. Cosi had no idea what that meant but he was fairly sure it was sister since she was going to call him brother. "I probably won't but that's not because I've got something against you. Don't worry, Izami." Cosi gave the dark haired girl a lopsided grin, hoping to show her that he was totally fine with the interesting circumstance. If this made Ma- Izami more comfortable in this death game Cosi would do it. Though I'll leave her behind if she slows me down. I'm getting out of here. I'm getting back to Sara. 

@Mace

Mace was amazed by the fact that Cosi was okay with her calling him brother or Ni-san from time to time, "Thank you Cosi, I think I understand," she said as she got a smile on her face now. and she looked him into the face, "I'm Happy you did came here,  So now that I trust you, I hope. What was it that you made you come here in the first place, I mean on this floor, of course, Not many people like this floor and try to stay away from it for most parts. I know I like the snow and all but what about you?" she asked Cosi wanting to know why he was on floor four in the first place, and mostly the reason why would make up a personality of a person, actions and face would make a person. Mace then looked at the outside of the cave and a small wind came in blowing her dark blue hair in the wind a bit, as she made an 'EEK' sound as it did so, "Ni-san... I mean Cosi, Is it true about the things they say on floor one, the once about them never clearing the game and be stuck forever, I'm kind of scared for that, I just want to get out of here," she says to Cosi as it seemed Mace loses up a bit and becomes more talkative to Cosi and seemed to lose his hostile ways.

@Cosi

It seemed that Mace was warming up. She was smiling more and talking more as well. Cosi was happy to answer her first question, "I live on this floor. Well kind of live here. My shop is on floor four. Its just outside of the main settlement, Snowfrost. And I set up my shop here because I love the snow. Where I lived- in the real world- it snowed relatively often and I just loved it when it did." Cosi grinned widely. Freshly fallen snow was always so refreshing. Going outside and playing with Sara... Cosi's smile faltered at that thought then fell at Ma- Izami's-  next question. Cosi frowned slightly and then answered Izami, "No. It isn't true what they say. We've got competent front liners and even if they can't pull through someone will. We won't be stuck here." Besides if the front liners won't or can't progress faster, I'll just keep going. I'll be as strong as I need to be to get out of this death game. 

@Mace

Mace's her face turned to a smile once Cosi was finished answering her first question, "Seems we both like snow then, Happy to hear that," Mace said to Cosi as his answer seemed to please Mace a bit. The Snow Is always great even if it did not snow too much from where Mace came from she loved to come to this floor. The ice the snow, both always looked cool. after that, quite an interaction Cosi answered her second question, and it seemed he did not believe in the lies that were told, "I'm Glad to hear that, I'm happy to Help if you want," Mace said and she seemed to be happy and calm as she was getting more and more talkative now and seemed to trust Cosi quite a bit more, No matter what it was Mace liked it to have someone to talk to even if it was a bit hard, the mistrust the scaring people, It was all good as she had Cosi to talk to, "Cosi, I'm a bit Scared for things around here, I trust no one but... Um, YOu seemed to have broken that, But I need someone to talk to Cosi, And I'm happy you are willing to listen to me while I cry a bit about what to do. Thanks for even coming here, And sorry I was so hostile at the beginning," Mace said opening her inventory and getting out a cookie as she started eating it slowly munching down on the cookie she had.

@Cosi

Cosi felt the warmth of the fire on his face. He grinned. It was hard to believe that this all was fake and really just layers upon layers of code. Ainrcrad seemed so real. Cosi turned his attention back to Mace as she began talking again. He chuckled at her comment about how they both like snow and then resigned to silently listening to her as she continued talking. She seemed much more comfortable now which in turn made Cosi more at ease and happy. "I'm always willing to lend a listening ear so don't hesitate to call on me and don't worry about being hostile. I wouldn't call your actions hostile. Maybe a little cold but that kind of expected in a game like this." Cosi smiled at mace, and then leaned back against the cave wall. It was oddly comfortable. Then for the second time in their meeting Cosi asked the dark haired girl a question, "So shall we just sit in this cave or do we want to go someplace? I'm not pushing or anything. Only wondering." 

@Mace

It was a first time Mace started to talk to someone and this time she even liked it quite a bit, Not sure how but Mace kept talking, as then Cosi responded to her by saying she was just a little bit cold. She nodded to him as he said that, True I can be cold at sometimes, but it just happens I think. She looked at Cosi as he asks about what they were going to do stay here or do something like going someplace else, Thinking about it to go somewhere else was hard as Mace really did not have a place to go to or call home or even stay for the night she was mostly in the outside world hiding from other players. "Um... You are not being Pushy, I just don't have anywhere to go, For real, I really don't have a place to stay at so I'm here most of the times." Mace stood Up and walked to the foot of the cave where snow was, She grinned a bit and kneeled down at the snow, Before Cosi knew what was going on Mace turned around and threw a snowball at him, "Got you," Mace said with a small Giggle in her voice before taking a small sprint outside and waiting for Cosi to come as well.

@Cosi

"There are inns in most cities or you could do the earning a living quest and sleep in your shop lik-" Cosi's remaining words were cut off when he was hit right in the face by a snow ball thrown by Mace. Cosi sputtered a bit, wiped snow off of his face and then gave chase. He rushed after Mace, scooping up a handful of snow as he moved. The blonde packed it into a ball and then returned fire managing to just clip Mace's shoulder as she quickly moved out of the way. Cosi grinned as he knelt down to make some more snow balls. "No fair. You didn't give any warning." Cosi called after the dark haired girl. 

The two of them were just outside the cave mouth in a little clearing surrounded by snow covered pine trees. And even though he was away from the fire, Cosi didn't feel cold at all. Thank goodness for that skill Mars and I just unlocked. Cosi grinned and threw another snow ball at Mace, missing completely. Never mind. Once she warms up she does kind of act like Sara, Cosi thought as he ducked behind a tree to avoid another snow ball. 

@Mace

As Cosi stood up to start the Chase Mace took a sprint, both now throwing Snowballs at each other, Cosi threw one just clipping her shoulder, "Almost got me there, haha" She said with a laugh as she was now outside the mouth of the cave, Luckily for her it was not cold because of her armor and she used a warmth potion. "It was a surprise I don't warn for surprises," Mace said getting ready for a full-on Snowball fight. As he Threw another snowball at Mace he seemed to miss her by quite a bit, "Aim Up Up and Miss, FALL 2," She said running a circle a bit.She threw another snowball at Cosi but he seemed to duck behind a tree. "Seek Cover From my Fury," She said as she kept throwing a few more Snowballs at the tree Cosi was hiding behind, It was quite fun and Mace seemed to be laughing quite a bit now as she was having fun with Cosi. Mace took another hand full of snow and tried to sneak up on him very slowly but the snow was kind of giving her away as she moved. SSSH Be quiet Snow, I need to do this, She thought, moving up to the tree where Cosi was at.

@Cosi

Cosi crouched behind his tree, a snow ball in each hand. Mace would have to do better if she wanted to sneak up on him, especially with the fresh snow. The blonde player grinned, quickly dashed out from behind his cover, and pelted Mace with two snowballs. Cosi received a return shot to the leg but he kept running, moving towards the next closest tree. Cosi chuckled and quickly began making more snowballs. "You'll have to do better than that Mace," Cosi said as he stuck his head out to throw another lump of fresh powder at the dark haired girl. He ducked back behind the tree as a snowball exploded against the side of the tree and laughed. This was almost definitely the most fun Cosi had had in the years he had been stuck in Aincrad. He had a goal but it was good to have some fun every once in a while. 

@Mace