[F01 - PP] Finally, a well deserved breather. (With Zuel)

She couldn't contain her happiness. She just kept smiling as if it was the best day of her life. Everything is happening so fast. I need to slow down, I feel like I'm going to explode. She snaps her attention to Zuel when he says her name, his tone of voice causing her to flinch somewhat. For the second time that day, a wave of nervous anxiety makes her skin crawl. Her expression fades as he rejects her completely. Immediately she begins to tune out the world, all her sense going numb. She doesn't hear what he says next, as she is lost in her own world. She knew he was here, she knew he was alive, but she didn't know why he would say something that horrible.

And then she understands.

She starts laughing, excessively,  as if she were just told the funniest joke in the universe. This continues for some time, and if Zuel tries to sit up, she pushes him back down with more strength than one would've thought possible. "Don't scare me like that. Haha~ I thought you were serious. Hahaha~~" She wipes away her tears with one hand and refocuses on his face, a serious expression crossing her visage. "Even if you don't now..." With cold eyes and a slight grin, she tilts her head and says the following. "You will. You WILL." She goes back to laughing, extremely amused by the semblance of resistance. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zuel watched as Rithe began to go through many different emotions at once and he couldn't be more confused. He thought he was clear with her but it seemed like she completely ignored him creating a who different scenario in her head. What is going on with her? He uncontrollable laughter began to concern Zuel as she starter to act stranger than she had before up to this point as he began to speak to him after her laughing. Zuel would try to sit up once again but for some reason she was to strong and was completely pinned underneath her. "What are you saying Rithe..." I will? Will what? Zuel would look up at her as her face became twisted, taking a form he hadn't seen before as his eyes widened as he realized that there may be something seriously wrong with her. Zuel would lightly laugh it off as he tried to not seem suspicious of her so that he could get her to relax enough so she would want to get off of him. "I was just thinking it was getting kind of late, I am pretty tired after the bath, maybe we should call it a night?" He would place his hand on her shoulder slightly guide her, maybe she would give in and let him up.

"What do mean, what am I saying?" She looked confused for a second Wait, what AM I saying??, but shook it off rather quickly. "Get comfortable, 'cause you aren't going anywhere." She stares at him, trying to decipher his thoughts. He wouldn't actually be having second thoughts, would he? She blinks in rapid succession. No, of course not. He's Zuel, he'd never do anything as terrible as that. When he laughs, Rithe assumes that he's laughing with her, and so her laughing redoubles in strength. It appears that Rithe is unaware of his internal thoughts, luckily for Zuel. She listens intently at the next comment, nodding slowly. Briefly, it occurs to her that it is still morning, and she looks at him quizzically before dismissing it, and trusting his suggestion entirely. "If you want, we can s-slee--." She stutters as he puts his hand on her shoulder, losing her train of thought for a second. "And we don't have to go anywhere since we're already in bed." She says, smiling widely, and reducing the amount of pressure she's applying to him. 

She plans to keep me here? Why is she acting like this, she couldn't have fallen for me that quickly.. could she? Zuel would slowly slide his hand from her shoulder to her hip to give her a false sense of security. Zuel thinking his deception had worked on her noticed that she had gave up on some pressure as he took the opportunity to get the upper hand on her. Zuel would flip them around so that she would land harmlessly on her back on the bed as Zuel would be on top of her now. Not sure to how she would react to the sudden change in position Zuel would grab her wrist pinning her to the bed so that she couldn't move as he would stare down at her. His hair would fall off his shoulders as he wasn't sure what to do now that he had put himself in this position but he knew he couldn't let her have her way. "Rithe...I need you to calm down. What has gotten into to you? At first you wouldn't let me even touch you but now you are kissing me and climbing on top of me. Just what is going on?" Zuel wasn't upset with her more confused at how it escalated so quickly from him hating him to her wanting to spend a bed with him. His face was sincere as he was worried for her and their relationship.  

The next sequence of events caught her completely off guard. With his hand on her hip she began hyperventilating, trying to cope with the sudden closeness. She realized her mistake, when he shifted their positions effortlessly, a look of surprise painted across her features. She tried rising but was pinned herself when he forces her wrist to the bed. She squirms under his gaze, her vitals becoming more frantic at the current situation. In her eyes there was a unholy mixture of panic and affection, two emotions that should never coexist in any circumstance. She breathes deeply and quickly while her heart pounds aggressively. Her mind was in a state of disarray. She looks at him, confused, when he queries her for answers, and doesn't speak up. She opens her mouth to speak but no words succeed in leaving her mouth. She glances at her wrist under his hand and begins hyperventilating again. She gazes analytically back at his face, trying to understand what was going on inside his head. She reaches weakly up at his arm trying to take it off her own wrist, but loses consciousness due to hyperventilating before she could do anything. 

Zuel would continue to question her about what was going on but before she could give him any answers Rithe would faint as he was hovering over her. He would look at her curiously as he would release her and slowly getting off of her as he would inspect her a bit. "Rithe? Rithe?!" Zuel would shake her a bit trying to get a reaction from her but it was no use as she was completely fainted. Zuel would quickly position her body so she was move comfortable on the bed as he went to put the blanket over her starting at her coat. I wonder why she never takes it off. I wonder... Zuel would reach out to Rithe's jacket as he would grab onto the leather of her collar before pulling his hands away seeing the position he was in. What am I doing? He would place the blanket over her as inspected her status as there was nothing wrong with her character it had to be something mental. Zuel would return to his bed as he would lay back closing his eyes. He felt drained from what had happened also feeling a bit weak as well as he drifted off to sleep.

The night seems to pass uneventfully, but sometime during the small hours of the morning, Rithe awakes in a cold sweat. She looks over at Zuel, feeling extremely guilty. Maybe I should just leave. Her memory shifts to the prevailing cold feeling she had when he left. Or maybe not. She frowns, trying to rationalize this but ultimately failing miserably. What if I just restrain him? Wouldn't that solve all my problems? She almost gets out of bed at this thought but then actually processes what she was thinking. Wait, no, that's a horrible idea. He already hates me as is. She spends hours pondering her next course of action, to the point that Zuel would start to wake up and she still hadn't planned a course of action. She double takes between him and the door, tempted to leave and maybe keep an eye on him at a distance. That might be my best option. But her window for doing so had eclipsed, there is no way she could feasibly leave now without being detected. She settles back down and pretends to be asleep.

Zuel didn't sleep to well waking up fairly quickly as the morning grew closer. He would look over to Rithe as she appeared to still be sleeping as he would get up rubbing the back of his head not sure what to do. He would walk over to her to inspect her a bit as he would go to wake her up but hear a sound outside the door. Someone is listening in? Zuel would head to the door quickly opening it as someone would run down the hall covered in a black cloak as Zuel was unable to see his character name. He would return to Rithe's side to make sure she was alright as Zuel would equipped his jacket preparing to go over the spy. Zuel would lock the door behind him as he began to investigate asking the inn staff if they saw where the guy went. Having a general direction now Zuel would head to the south gate of town where there was rumored to be a guild that attacked players that operated in an abandon goblin town as Zuel would find his path spotting the town deep in the forest. Hiding behind a tree Zuel would see a couple of members standing guard as they would let the guy that was spying on them through the gate into the town. Looks like this is where their guild hides. Might be dangerous to head in but I have to find out why they are after us... or Rithe.

She hears some rustling and the door to their room being torn open, but remains vigilant and doesn't open her eyes. As she hears the door slam behind Zuel, she gets up quickly out of bed, waiting a few moments, and exiting after him. She hides quietly behind a corner listening to Zuel communicate with the servers in the lobby. She slips silently after him when he leaves, trying to go unnoticed but also attempting to keep him in eyesight. Where is he going? Why are we heading out of the city? When he was questioning the waitstaff, he mentioned a person in a black cloak. An assassin? Or maybe it's them, the people that one killer was talking about. She ducks behind a park bench as Zuel looks over his shoulder. Speaking of him... He thoughts were temporarily distracted by the idea of hunting down Dez, that she almost missed when her friend continued towards the gates. Eventually they ended up in the forest, ruins of ancient goblin town presented before them. Trying to get a vantage point, she waits until her companion stops and crouches behind a tree, and then climbs up quietly into the canopy. It wasn't quite morning yet, and the light of the sun barely touched the woods. Her darkened jacket provides some concealment under the current conditions, but she was careful not to move too much as she examined both Zuel's actions, and the gathered players in the ruins. Who are these people? 

With his options weighing heavily to retreating Zuel decides to take a gamble as they could possibly be in more danger in the future if he doesn't do something about this guild now. Their guild overall level wasn't that high but they did have numbers so if he was careful he might be able to take them out a couple at a time. Zuel would draw his blade as he would rush the gate where two guards were standing by. Hopefully I can catch them off guard before they can call for reinforcements. Zuel was careful rushing the gate not to get noticed as the guard would notice him to late as Zuel would drive his sword into one of the guard sending him flying knocking him unconscious dropping his health into the yellow range. The Second guard would try react quickly to call for help but Zuel would already be in front of him as their swords would clash but Zuel would overpower him slashing through his chest knocking him to the ground as his health would drop to red as Zuel would give him a piercing glare. The guard would becomes intimidating and not wanting to die would run away from the base. Zuel now had access into the guild base undetected. Hopefully I can learn whats going on without putting myself in to much danger. 

Under normal circumstances, Rithe would be processing various strategies and battle tactics, but all she could think about was Zuel's well being. No, no, no, don't go in there! She almost loses her balances when he charges forward. I need to get down there, fast. She begins climbing down from her perch, quickly but quietly. She lands with a gentle crunching of leaves, and moves over to where Zuel used to be, peering into the camp. Blinking in surprise she notes the ease at which he seemed to take the guards out of the equation, He really is strong, isn't he? She finds herself smiling, almost proud of her friend. One of the guards seems to run off, while the other remains unconscious. Rithe, noticing the threat of the wounded player, pursues him, not wanting him to flee a distance and then message his friends. He seems out of breath as he rests against a tree, not noticing the small figure approaching behind him. She wraps her arms around his neck from behind, dragging him backwards to take him off his feet. Maybe I should just kill him. She looks down at him impassively, and he looks back up at her, clearly terrified. She tightens her grip and he begins gasping for air. I don't think Zuel would like it if I got an orange cursor... I don't think he'd ever see me the way I see him if he knew I was a murderer. She waits, and then loosens her grip, the now unconscious player falling to the ground, fast asleep. Now to catch up with Zuel.

Zuel was surprised that the guard that got away had not contacted his other guild members because they still seemed very unaware of Zuel presence. Zuel looking into building to building but they were seemingly all empty with no one inside. Maybe they are all out. But then why would there be guards at the gate? Zuel continued to investigate as he saw a house with dim lighting and assumed that had to be where the rest of the guild as he peered into the window to get a better look. He was correct as three members of the guild including the guy that had attack them earlier were sitting down at a table talking about something. Damn I can't hear them my spy level isn't high enough. With no other option Zuel had to get inside as he entered the front door and went to the door to the room they were inside of that was luckily left slightly open. Zuel would listen in as he wouldn't try to make any noise but he hadn't put any points into his sneak ability as one of the higher level member had a suspicion that someone was listening in kicking the door in as Zuel would jump back and draw his blade. Damn looks like I have no choice but to fight. He wasn't able to hear anything about their plan so he was going to have to beat it out of them.

She hurried back in the direction of the camp, or so she thought. Despite sufficient determination, she still suffered from a critical lack of locational awareness. Arrrgh! Now's not the time to get lost! Despite being irritated, Rithe was keenly aware of the creeping cold approaching. She needed to find Zuel, and fast. The trees began to blend together, indistinguishable from each other. Where am I? She looks around herself in a panic, and then she hears something. A loud crash that sounded as if someone slammed into a door violently. Using the noise as a vector, she runs toward it, as fast as possible, only stumbling a few times on her way there. She finally arrives back at the camp and ducks behind a ruined wall segment, hastily pulling out her handwraps, and fumbling with them nervously. She chances a peek, and notices the enemies approaching Zuel. He needs my help! He can't fight three people! And then she recognizes Dez. Wait... YOU! She clenches her teeth and begins trembling in rage. You... you tried to kill Zuel! She leaps from her current position, vaulting over the small wall, and sprinting towards the enemies. Rithe left so quickly, that she was unable to equip her weapon, leaving it behind near the wall. She didn't care if Zuel knew she was following him, his safety and Dez's punishment were all that mattered to her. Blood red flames of energy bleed from her limbs as she rushes past her friend, waiting for the enemy to swing his weapon before slipping to one side and countering. There is a sickening sound of crushing bone as her fist connects with the guild member's upper torso, a split second of a pause, and then the activation of the martial art exploding and sending the man off his feet and through the wall of the building he just exited. She doesn't give him a chance to recover, as she charges after him, leaping through the new hole in the wall, fury painted across her face.

• 8 months later...

Zuel was surprised that the guard that got away had not contacted his other guild members because they still seemed very unaware of Zuel presence. Zuel looking into building to building but they were seemingly all empty with no one inside. Maybe they are all out. But then why would there be guards at the gate? Zuel continued to investigate as he saw a house with dim lighting and assumed that had to be where the rest of the guild as he peered into the window to get a better look. He was correct as three members of the guild including the guy that had attack them earlier were sitting down at a table talking about something. Damn I can't hear them my spy level isn't high enough. With no other option Zuel had to get inside as he entered the front door and went to the door to the room they were inside of that was luckily left slightly open. Zuel would listen in as he wouldn't try to make any noise but he hadn't put any points into his sneak ability as one of the higher level member had a suspicion that someone was listening in kicking the door in as Zuel would jump back and draw his blade. Damn looks like I have no choice but to fight. He wasn't able to hear anything about their plan so he was going to have to beat it out of them. With no other option Zuel decided to decided to take matters into his own hands taking out everyone in the area clearing it out knocking out everyone. Grabbing writhe by the collar pulling her along as he retreated by to the town to end the mission.