F4 - Funeral of the lost Guardian <Funeral for Eatos> (PM if you were close and wish to attend)

It was a grim day... A very impact time. Only yesterday it had happened, they had lost there first member... A fair few had left the guild so far, but none had actually died. Sky knew he should be great full that so far he hadn't actually lost anyone important to him, but.... Yesterday changed everything for him. He had gone the entire two years without losing anyone he cared about in this game, and then, someone who mattered to him more than anyone had just... perished. Eatos, someone he had known for nearly his entire time in this game, someone he had grown to care about and really admire, had jumped off the edge of Aincrad...  He had seen this coming, if he was being honest with himself. He knew that she had so many demons she was trying to fight, and he had tried to help her, but had failed. Ever since Thorsten came back into the picture... She had changed, and all of those memories had flooded back to her.

He opened his message from her, not even attempting to hide the tears that were flooding down his face as he added it to his saved messages, opening his friends list, seeing her name there, with a mark next to it saying <Dead>. He refused to remove her from the list, even if she was dead, she was important. 

Spoiler

Stryder. You’re receiving this message from me, because i am dead. Today, i opted to jump from the balcony of the first floor.

I know you, i’ve known you for what feels like forever. And i know you will be blaming yourself for my death, for not seeing it coming. For not being able to save me. And i want you to know that you did everything you could for me. I do not want my death on your hands.

I told you, many months ago, that i was involved in a murder. I killed 32 people with my own hands, and i’ve never been the same since. His voice was always in my head, and i’ve never been able to outrun, or escape it. It’s too much of a burden...of a sin for me to bear. I fear falling asleep because i see him, and i fear being awake, for i hear him.

I can’t handle it, so i’m ending it on my own terms. I’ve put all my store to the guild, and i’ve sent you all my remaining col. There is nothing more i can give, except a hope. A hope that my death doesn’t ruin you. A hope that you stand strong, because the guild will need you to when i die.

Please, don’t let yourself fall because of me. This is not your fault. This is my choice, and the only one who can shoulder this burden is myself.

I never knew your name, it was never my place to ask. But i’ve always wondered what it was. To whatever it was, i hope that you survive. I’ve long known that Sword Art Online is a home for you, so i know deep down, part of you will regret leaving here. But for the sake of everyone else, in the guild...hell, in the whole game. Get to the front lines, and lead the charge. They need you…

For many months, i’ve been unable to sleep, the nightmares of Adam are always in my head. Now, with this, maybe, i’ll get some sleep. I’ll be able to sleep. Its a sleep, a release, i welcome happily.

Oh, and if you see Angel walking around, take care of her. I released her back on the 4th floor, but...i just hope she forgives me.

She said that it wasn't his fault... Yet, like she said, he fully blamed himself. She was his best friend, someone he could always count on, and now she was gone. Sky couldn't help but collapse onto his knee's in front of the spot her store, and home, stood. Still there, not having yet despawned.... And it never would. He had made sure to purchase the spot with some of the col she had given him, so he could leave it here as a memorial to her. 

Why couldn't i save her, why didn't i notice sooner... Why couldn't i do anything... 

His tears were flowing, streaming down his face like a waterfall, his being breaking down. Silver sat down next to him, her own tears slowly falling down her face, howling a little bit. He blamed himself... He couldn't not. He had made this guild to protect everyone in it. He was in charge, it was his job to keep all of them alive, including her... Yet he couldn't save her.

He didn't know if he was going to be able to get back up from this one... It.. easily was the most pain he had ever had to endure... Worse than any of the monsters he had fought, worse than when he had found out Fae had become a killer... 

H..how can i get up from this one...

He opened his guild list, having a look down the list, looking at everyone else that was in there. She said they needed him.. Which they probably did... But he needed her. She was his co founder, best friend, and it was because of her he had gotten to where he was. Without her, none of it would have happened... And he didn't know if it could without her...

He used the last of his energy he had to stand up, opening his inventory and pulling out <<Celestial Sword>> and <<Guardian Angel>>, the equipment Eatos had used. He had even made the outfit, Guardian angel for her... He collapsed again, before forcing himself back up, walking into the remantants of her store. He pulled out a table, placing it next to a tree that was inside her Shop zone, meaning what he placed here would never vanish, adn thanks to him owning the area now, no one else could take it. He opened his inventory, pulling out a picture of her. 

Spoiler

Midi.thumb.png.4f2eb12ebf848bf6961358a5dc348cc8.png

He hung it on the tree, and on the table he placed down the two items he had taken from her gift to the guild. His tears splashed against the Oak wood table. He then pulled out some incense candles, and an urn. He knew she was gone, and this game had no cremation, or anything like that, but... It still just felt right to have that here. He knew how creepy some of this might seem, but... This what you did at funerals, right?

When that word, Funeral, went through his head, he fully collapsed, unable to even muster the strength to breathe, all that was going through his head the memories the two of them had as his tears melted the snow beneath him. He laid there in the snow, Silver putting her head on his chest in an attempt to help him calm down, but it didn't help, he just cried.

After a few minutes he mustered the strength to send a guild wise message.

Spoiler

To... all Guardians. Please come to the fourth floor, to Eato's shop... Its urgent

@Dustin @Hei @Saphira @Arabelle @Gryas @Kataware

Pin.... i know you left, but you were with us for awhile... i would like for you to come....

@Pinball

After he sent that off, he simply collapsed into a mess. He was crying more than he had ever before, blaming himself. He had no other way to cope right now, he just had to... cry.

"My... My real name is Sky... Sky Vale... you know Katherine, if you ever wanted... to know... you could have asked..." He said to the deceased Blacksmith, before hugging silver. If, and when, anyone showed up all they would see would be the funeral preperations along with a broken down mess hugging a wolf, crying into its fur.

Dustin was making his way to his shop when he got a message from the person who had invited him to his guild. He opened it and read that she had killed herself and dropped the supplies in the street. This woman who had helped start the guild, and brought the useless boy into the guild had just killed herself. This woman, who Dustin saw as a role model, was hiding her pain. Much like Dustin did, she never told anyone of her true suffering. Not to Dustin’s knowledge at least. The woman who Dustin wanted to catch up to one day so he could be useful had just jumped off the edge of the world. Damn it. That was all he could think. He couldn’t move, he couldn’t run, he couldn’t even cry. She was stronger in almost every way than Dustin, and she was gone. Why? I’ve suffered. I’ve done unspeakable things. That was selfish, she just left everyone behind because she couldn’t live with her past. What the hell? Of course she earned her share of depression, everyone has. But because she can’t live with herself, doesn’t mean she can die. We needed her. 

Dustin wakes up in a tavern on the third floor. The tavern he had spent so much time in after he watched his friends and brother die. This tavern in which Dustin has since been to at least once a day, just to buy a drink and let it sit. Dustin hadn’t known the woman too well, not even after joining the guild, but he felt wrong. What some might call survivors guilt. He felt like he was wrong for living with what he has done and she died for what she had done. He had no idea what she had done, but to Dustin, the only reason to take a life, was a vendetta. Dustin thought murder was acceptable to avenge a player you had a deep personal connection to. And yes, Dustin saw this as murder. To him, her loss was devastating, because she was the reason Dustin hasn’t killed himself yet. The guild is Dustin’s reason for living. And he is in the guild for one reason and that is because Eatos brought him in.

Dustin gets a message from his guild’s leader and tears begin to stream down his face. Dustin only cries when he thinks about his brother and that’s what he was doing. He read the word funeral and lost it. It’s not fair. Kadin never got a funeral, all because he was a kid. No I got ridiculed for letting him play SAO with me. Kadin was a hero, and she was a guild co-leader. Yes, she was where I wanted to be, but she killed herself. If losing your soul is what it takes to become leader, then this guild is twisted. I should go though. His face fills with sorrow as he remembers Stryder and how close he was with Eatos. Even though Dustin had no idea how close they were, he knew they were good friends. They even started a guild together. Dustin drinks the glass he had sitting for Eatos and stands up walking out of the tavern. He makes his way to the gate and shouts, “Teleport, Floor 4!” His display turns all white and he appears on his least favorite floor, now for two reasons.

He makes his way into the shop and sees Stryder laying on the ground, crying into his wolf. Dustin moves over to Stryderand kneels beside him, Dustin’s face covered in tears. “Get up, she wouldn’t want you to be like this. Plus, your guild, who is coming to pay their respects to the one who helped form their new family, shouldn’t see you like this. Yes, you deserve your tears, but we cannot have a memorial with everyone broken down like this.” Dustin pets silver gently and stands up, reaching down to help Stryder up. “Remember the good times. She was in pain, now she’s not. She is happy Stryder, we can’t be broken forever.” Dustin wanted to help Stryder. It was Dustin’s area of expertise after all, so he thought that helping the people who had helped him so many times before was the best way to repay them.

Arabelle's time with the Guardians of the New Dawn had quite the grim start. Just a few days ago, she was recruited by the guild leader himself. He was strong, kind, and had his heart in the right place. He entertained her when she asked him out on a date and when he offered for her to join the guild, she accepted immediately. Not because she fell in love, but because she was simply curious. She wanted to see how he became strong and inspiring enough to unite different people under the flag of the same guild. She dealt with people a lot, and she knew how difficult that was. She wanted to meet the people he surrounded himself with.

Just yesterday, she received a message from an unknown person. Arabelle finished off the mob she was dealing with and retreated to a safer area to read the message. "For those of you that joined and I do not know. My name was Eatos, and I held the title of Guardian and Co-founder to the New Dawn."  Her eyes widened. Was? She gestured for her quest companion to keep fighting. And she read through the message. She had to pause at certain parts to take it all in. But at the end, once she had finished reading and once her partner had finished clearing the mobs, she dismissed the PM. She clapped her hands together and closed her eyes in a quick prayer. But she didn't cry. 

She raised her head and ran to her quest partner, apologizing. Wearing a smile as if nothing happened.

Arabelle was expecting Stryder's message. She dismissed the PM and equipped a coat over her armor. Then, she teleported up to Floor 4 and after asking a few players for directions, she found the deceased founder's shop.

What she witnessed was a saddening sight.

Her guild leader, on his knees in front of a woman's picture. He had his arms wrapped around his familiar, bringing it closer to him as if it was the only solace in the world, and his sobs muffled by the white wolf's fur. Beside him, talking to him, was a man she didn't know. That must be a picture of Eatos. Arabelle gazed at it for a while, then took her place at Stryder's other side. She rested her gloved hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry." And there was nothing else to be said. The man helped him up and she also stood. She felt something tugging at her heart at the sight. But still, she couldn't bring herself to cry for someone she never knew.

Hei had been out to get some new ideas for his new set of armour he had been thinking about creating when he had heard the bell sound, that told him he had gotten some a message. As he wasn't busy at the time, he instantly opened the message his guild mate had sent him, and when he started reading he instantly knew something wasn't right. The choice of words made him think of someone who had decided that it was time for a cut, and when read, that she used the past for them having something special he was shocked. He took a moment before he was able to continue reading the text. - This ... This can't be. Why would she do something like that - he thought, when he reached the part of the message that told him she had died and jumped off the balcony on this floor.

Spoiler

Hei, we don’t know each other well, but the three of us founded the guild together and through that, i hope we had something special. Seeing you with Dustin however, i knew, even then, today would come. You can only be receiving this message, because i’ve died. I’ve jumped off the balcony on the 1st floor, like many before me.

You never knew this, but in the real world, i had helped kill people. Those voices have haunted me for years, and i can’t fend them off. It is easier, to choose this way, and end my suffering for my sin. I’ve had nightmares for months now, and i can finally sleep.

Please take care of the guild. I’m scared of what Stryder may do. Please, remember, this was my choice, and no ones fault by my own.

I hope you live a happy life alongside Saphira.

Hei closed the message before finishing it, as he was not to far away, and he couldn't let it happen. There must be a way to stop her. She couldn't just jump, that was what was in his mind, while he ran towards the balcony like some kind of maniac, tears rolling down his face. His screaming her name could be heard through half the town, but he was to late.
When he arrived there, there was no trace of her, and he was sure she had done it for real. Standing right there, where she had ended her life, Hei was crying, screaming her name again and again, until he felt the cold in him take over. The feeling of nothingness took over and Hei curled up on the floor, unable to move.

In some way Eatos had been right, they hadn't know each other to well, but she had been an important part of his life, even though she might not have known. Losing someone who had been a friend in this game for so long and for no reason at all made him feel so empty. When he opened the eyes again, his tears had dried and the sun had set. - Seems like I missed some time. I for sure should go and check on Stryder, it mus be even harder on him. They were so close, I believe she was the closest to family he had within this game. - Hei thought, when he remembered that he hadn't finished the message. Still sitting at the balcony, he opened it again, to read what Eatos last words were, and reading the few lines she had sent, his guts cramped. - I knew she had had problems, but I would have never guessed something like that. If I had been more persistent and had really tried to talk to her, maybe she would still be here - he thought, and the pain of loss and him blaming himself made him shrink down once again.
It took some moments before he realized what it really meant, and
as Stryder was her best friend, he probably knew all along, and must feel even worse, as he must feel like he really had a chance to help her, but it hadn't been enough.

When Stryder sent them the message, that they had to come to the fourth floor, Hei wanted to make his way up there as quick as possible, but he had to arrange a few things first, so he went over to his shop/home and changed into some more appropriate attire. The dark blue and white traditional Chinese attire looked unfamiliar on him, but he had learned that one had to pay his respect in the right way. So besides the clothing, he searched for black strips of fabric he and the others could wear on there writs to honour Eatos. For the next, Hei had to cross his traditional thinking, as there was no real family here, but he saw Stryder as her closest, so he would be the one he would treat as her family.

With his preparations done, Hei made his way to the fourth floor, where he without any problem made his way towards Eatos home. Seeing the Building, and besides it the picture of her made the tears come up once again. With tears running down his face he barely was able to see who was there already, but when he came closer, he saw Dustin, Arabelle and Stryder stand there, grieving the loss. Wiping away the tears, at least for a moment, he walked over to them and laid down a wreath of whit irises in front of the tree her picture hang. "I ... I wished I had known you better. There were so many chances and I missed all of them." heavy sighting from Hei " Please forgive that I just realize this now you aren't with us anymore. I have to thank you for so much" he told the picture, but was interrupted by himself crying and shivering multiple times.
When he had ended his sentence, he turned to Stryder, who was in the middle of the others.
"I... I know you were best friends, but I believe you were way more to her than just that, so please take my condolences."  Hei pulled out a white envelope and handed it to Stryder "Please, let me add something to always remember her. She made them for me, and they saved me multiple times, I think she would have liked it, if they would stay here with her"  Hei said, as he got the spear and shield Eatos had crafted all that time ago, when they hadn't been part of the Guardians, but the Harbingers instead, and handed them to Stryder, so he could decide if it was okay for them to be displayed whit her memorial.

OOC: The envelope has 897 col in it

Edited by Hei

Saphira was outside the town and walked over the green meadows on the first floor as she heared someone screaming. - It must be Hei who is screaming... - she thought and looked around and listened to the screamed words the wind brought her from wherever Hei was - He screams for Eatos...but why? Did I missed something? - Unsure if it could hav been a message she had overheared she opened her menue. Yes, ther was a new message and she had'nt realized it. Once more she looked around, if she was able to see Hei, but as she was'nt able to find him she opened the message she got fron Eatos and start to read:

Spoiler

For those of you who joined that i do not know. My name was Eatos, and i held the title of Guardian and Co-Founder to the New Dawn.

I am giving up my title, and everything, to the guild. I was a blacksmith, and so i am depositing all items i had into the guild treasurey. I ask only that they are used to help others like i was unable to do. Save other people, and help them make a life worth living.

If you haven’t already worked this out. I am dead. This message was to be sent at my death. I was too weak to continue, and if you wish to know the full details, know the sin that stained my hands with blood. Stryder knows of it, and he will tell you if you so seek to learn.

After many months of nightmares, finally, i can sleep.

I hope you all will survive this prison.

Farewell.

As she had finished reading of the first part of the message, Saphira was kinda confused, shooked and scared about the last part of it. After a deep breath she continued to read.

Saphira wandered through a smal forest close to the meadow where she had heared Hei screaming Eatos name and were she had read her message, Eatos last words to her. Saphira did'nt know much about the bluehaired girl but it had hit her as she had read the message and realized, that she was gone now. In her head she saw the bluehaired girl with her ember eyes and Angel by her side - I wonder what happened to her familiar... - she thought - And what's abaot Hei and Stryder? The guild just exist because of this three people...It must have hit the two... - she remembered Hei's voice, filled with pain and despair and felt it as if would be her own, she knew how he must feel at the moment. She wanted to be by his side, she wanted to help him through this darkness he must feel now. Saphira had seen many people come and go and the death was a common visitor on the streets when the winter had reached the little town she had lived in. Not much food, no warm places...you are happy, if you are able to survive at least one winter on the streets. But this was'nt the same, and she did know that. Saphira already had left the forest behind and found herself on a little hill - Eatos, I hope you can hear me. - she said and looked to the horizon - I did'nt know much about you, but I hope you are able to find peace now and I hope your mind and soul is on a better place now. I'll try my best to help Hei and Stryder through this dark time. - Saphira did'nt belive in something like a god, but she hoped for Eatos, that ther was a place her soul could go to.

She heared the sound of another message, it was from Stryder. Unsure and a little bit scared she opened it and begun to read.
On her way back to the town she plucked some white flowers and made a bunch out of them. As she reached the town she looked down on herself, she had nothing for a funeral and if she was honest, she did'nt want to change, she wanted to say goodbye to her as the person she was. Also nearly everything of her clothings at the moment were black. - Black, the color of sorrow - she thought.

Covered in her thick cloak Saphira entered the fourth floor and made her way over to Eatos shop. As she came closer she was able to saw Stryder, Hei, Dustin and someone else she had'nt seen before. Saphira felt a little bit like an alien, not really part of the sad atmosphere. She came closer and as she saw the table with the urn, a wreath of whire irises and the picture of her on the tree she walked over to it and laied her bunch of white flowers to it - Whatever you did, - Saphira said - I remember you as a good and helpful person and I hope you can now sleep well. - she said and grabbed careful Hei's hand to hold it.