[ SP - 01 ] First Leap <<The First Few Lessons are Free>>

Ptolemy glided up the blacksmith's stairs with a nonchalant expression sealed on his face. "I'm fairly certain he said it was this shop... hopefully." Rubbing the back of his neck, the player carefully widened the front door of the shop and poked his head in.  Zackiriah was his name, right? He restrained himself from biting the inside of his cheek frustratedly but entered the shop anyways. He glanced around at the interior of the shop and nodded thankfully. "Oh thank God, I thought I might've been in the wrong shop," he let out a relieved sigh and looked around a bit more. He certainly doesn't seem very organized, he commented, noticing the cluttered materials, weapons, and shields that littered the shop's shelves and tables. I suppose I can help him with that after I do this quest, Ptolemy noted to himself before venturing farther into the shop. 

As he dove deeper, Ptolemy soon found himself a few meters away from what looks like a retired Santa Claus in ragged clothing. Assuming it was the quest giver, the blue-haired player took a few steps forward and cleared his throat. "Zackiriah, I assume?" He outstretched his hand out to the NPC. "Nice to mee you, my names Ptolemy."

[OOC: Gray text will belong to NPC's or made up players ]

The NPC looked up from his workstation and stared at Ptolemy for a few more seconds before breaking out into a grin. Gripping the player’s hand, he gave a firm shake and nodded. “Ptolemy, huh? The names Zackiriah. What brings you my humble shop?” He released Ptolemy’s hand and crossed them over his chest. “But I assume you came for the quest, judging by how new you look, hm?”

Ptolemy nodded his head slightly and slightly smiled. “Am I that obvious?” He chuckled, looking down at his beginner's armor. “I suppose so, but you are correct.” The player sniffed before talking again. “It’s not too relatively difficult I assume?” 

Zackiriah shrugged his shoulders. “Not unless you find gathering a bunch of materials difficult,” the NPC answered. “It’s just basically that. Not too hard, eh?” Zackiriah mumbled, turning his head to give Ptolemy a small smile.

Ptolmey shrugged, “I suppose not. I should be leaving soon, I don’t want it to be too dark when I get back,” he noted out loud, looking out the windows of the shop.

Edited by Ptolemy

“I suppose not,” Zackiriah repeated quietly. “Of course, I’ll let you be on your way. Have fun now,” the Santa Claus doppelgänger gave him one last smile before a quest notification popped up in front of Ptolemy. 

Quickly accepting it, the bluenette gave the NPC a pat on the back before smiling softly at him. “Thank you, I’ll see you later.” Waving at the man on his way out, the blue-haired played sighed in relief as he felt the suns ray beat down on his face. That went better than expected I suppose.

Ptolemy’s fingers twitched as he walked down the steps of the shop, a signature smile on his face. “Can’t be too hard, just gathering materials,” he echoed Zackiriah softly, slightly doubtful that his definition of ‘easy’ won’t be the same as his. “I’m sure it will be fine,” he muttered to himself, his lips forming into a tight line. Easy is easy anyways.

Edited by Ptolemy

As he made his way through the Town of Beginnings, Ptolemy started feeling quite ecstatic.  Now that I think about it, this will be one of the first quests I've done so far, he commented silently, a massive bubble of excitement slowly grew more substantial in his guts. But then again, it is only the start of something new. I certainly think that this quest is the start of my great journey. He pulled his hand back on his hair and sighed, "when did I start getting so dramatic?" The blue-haired player chuckled to himself, a tiny but joyful smile painted across his face.  Maybe I could've have rephrased that in a lot less... informal way? He shook his head and blinked,  stop overthinking it, Klaus.

He stopped at the entrance of town with a determined fire lighting his eyes. There is no going back now, I suppose. I hardly think that this quest would kill me in any sort of way. But then again, anything can kill you.

Edited by Ptolemy

Feeling as if a large rock had just been lifted off his shoulders, Ptolemy started devising a plan. From what my sources said, the only places a low-leveled player like me would find any use in this floor would be the forest and the plains. The plains could hold a significant amount of wealth, I know that for sure, but the risk of being there all day unsettles me. The forest on the other hand...  He turned his head to the deciduous stricken forest not too far away. I am confident it will be easier to find materials there. My risk of death could be higher in the forest, but would it be worth it? Feeling the weight pressing in his stomach again, he waved it off and decided. No pain, no gain as father would say, he finally thought, setting his unplanned path towards the floor's gloomy-looking forest. No pain, no gain.

Edited by Ptolemy

Sooner or later, the man found himself on the outskirts of the forest. No pain, no gain, he kept telling himself. Resisting the urge to think negatively at the sight in front of him, he coughed into his arm and smiled. "Now this can't be too hard, hm?"  He said to particularly no one. Great, now you're going crazy, he thought jokingly to himself and chuckled lightly. "Let's just finish this, I don't want to keep Zackiriah waiting," he muttered to himself once again. Ptolemy grinned at his stupidity once again before heading out into the leaf-covered terrain. 

After a few minutes of just walking around, Ptolemy soon found what he was looking for. Scooping up the material in his hand, a grinned in satisfaction only before he placed it in his inventory. Looking up, he soon realized something. It's quiet. Way too quiet. He rose a brow in suspicion.  Is it supposed to be this quiet?

ID: 106460

LD: 11

Edited by Ptolemy

Ptolemy shook his head and sighed. “I must be getting paranoid,” he sighed heavily. I’m pretty sure this game is getting to me. But I must say... he paused, taking notice of the lush green forestry and wilderness. It is indeed peaceful here. Having a small cottage here would too bad, would it? Ptolemy smiled softly at the thought as proceeded down the forest. Maybe Annabelle and Val would've liked it here, no, I'm sure they would.  His smile grew a notch wider at the mention of his beloved sisters. His lips formed a tight line soon after, homesickness slowly creeping up on him. I hope they miss me. What are you talking about Klaus?  He pulled his hair away from his forehead with a weak grunt.  Of course, they miss you, they're your sisters. A light chuckled escaped him, I'm worrying too much. 

Spotting something from the corner of his eye, he quickly makes out the shape. Two down, three to go. Not too hard, eh? 

ID: 106493

LD: 20

Edited by Ptolemy

The player stretched his arms with a microscopic sigh escaping his lungs. I bet mother and father would be slightly displeased though. A small frown replaced his usual smile.  I could see the headlines in Berlin's papers, "CEO ERNST AND THEA SCHMIDT'S 'PERFECT SON' FALLS UNDER THE SAO PLAGUE"He narrowed his eyes discreetly at the floor while in thought, no, that is a childish thought of mine. I will have none of that in my mind. Restraining himself from gritting his teeth together, he started to walk again.  Mother and father must be very... distasteful of me now. I will find it hard to imagine that they will ever respect me again when I get out. He sighed and massaged his aching temples.  This is not good, not good at all. I am sure that I won't be the 'perfect child' anymore. The blue-haired male huffed irritatedly, fidgetting roughly with his hands.

ID: 106501

LD: 8

Edited by Ptolemy

This is not going well, not well at all. The quest, yes. My thoughts? A definite and utter no. He raked a hand through his sky blue hair stressfullyWho knows how long I'll be here. Mother and father could pull the plug right now, it would make sense right? His eyes widened a millimeter at the thought. Impossible, he snorted, shaking his head doubtfully. The press wouldn't like that... and I'm sure mother and father wouldn't want to be in the spotlight again. The last thing they need is for the public to be shaming them. Pulling out life support would surely kill me, they'll be in the center of newspapers and articles for weeks if they do anyways. He sighed and bit on his chapped lips, but am I not their son? If they have at least just one bit of hope or trust in me, they'll know I'll survive here, right?

ID: 106581

LD: 6

Edited by Ptolemy

His fingers twitched as he thought of the grim and potential outcomes. Breathing out a short and stressful sight, he decided to just drop the blasted topic. This isn't a time and place for worrying, I have plenty of time later-- after I finish this quest. He craned his head to look up at the bright blue sky, thinking about how much time he has left of the day.  Seems fairly bright still. The sun hasn't risen to it's full yet, so it's just barely before noon. he turned his attention away from the sun and back to the wilderness in front of him. I believe I still have a lot of time left.

Starting to resume his searching, Ptolemy's thoughts started to drift unnecessarily again. I wonder if Anna and Val miss me? Surely they do, right? I've been nothing but caring and respectful towards them. He bit his lips again but in frustration this time.  They were unpleasant the last time I saw them. What have I done wrong?

ID: 106554

LD: 1

Edited by Ptolemy

When I announced that I was going on a trip with father, they were just so... cold. He frowned, a good bit of his mouth turning down. Could they possibly be jealous? He flexed his hands uncomfortably and irritatedly. Perhaps... but why would they be? Mother and father are nothing but strict on me, if I had a choice, it would be the other way around! They know that our parents enforce the most rules on me, and they still choose to be jealous of me? He could feel the heat bubbling from inside of him. That is downright outrageous! Ptolemy felt as if he just had been betrayed. Why would they dislike me? Jealousy is a horrible excuse, they have nothing to be jealous for. The hateful aura around him soon subsided and was replaced by a depressing and confused one.

The player just stared at his feet for a few seconds before regaining his composure. I will discuss this with them when I get out of here, he reminded himself, ensuring that he will be thinking about this again. Feeling something pressing against his leg, he found a good chunk of materials. Keeping a nonchalant face on, he placed it in his inventory with a blank sigh.

ID: 106557

LD: 14

Edited by Ptolemy

It feels weird. He commented to himself soon after he had his outburst. It's so peaceful and quiet here, not like the places I've been to before. Father and mother would never let me go anywhere this remote or rural. He ran his hand down a nearby tree and smiled softly,  it feels real. I could say it felt more real than our own garden's trees. Sad, is it not? I pity me years ago. If I knew what the world felt like, I would've defied everything mother and father ever told me. I would prefer this over a medical degree anytime. I should've treasured what I had when I had it.  Ptolemy sucked in a sharp breath at the thought, time. What a weird subject.

There's no end to time, nor is there a beginning. Such an unusual thing. You can have so much of it, yet so little.  A throaty chuckle escaped him, it felt weird discussing a subject like time to himself, especially when the only thing he would be thinking about in broad daylight would be pharmaceutical topics. It felt nice to think about something other than medicine.

ID: 106560

LD: 9

Edited by Ptolemy

It was only then did realization kick into Ptolemy's head. Dam- Bloody hell...  he cursed under his breath incoherently before sighing. I suppose I'll get lonely from time to time, huh? What were those things called again? He snapped his fingers. Familiars! Yes, that is what they're called. It wouldn't hurt to get one. They can help me in combat after all. Maybe when I reach a higher level, I can attempt to find one later. Spotting something from the corner of his eyes, he quickly made out the shape of the material he needed for the quest. Scooping it up, he placed it in his inventory before heading out in another direction once again. But then again, there is are different types of familiars. I've heard there are healing ones, as well as protective and ones that help with your crafting. I will have to decide which one I want before I get one.

ID: 106700

LD: 20

Edited by Ptolemy

Ptolemy gazed at the material in his hand. This is the fifth one, correct? He looked up, again, I am talking to myself. Perhaps this is a sign of insanity.  He sighed and placed it in his inventory. S'pose I should be going back now. He shook his head at his words, already starting to walk towards the Town of Beginnings. I can finally get some good EXP from this quest. It felt as if took forever to do this. He groaned, realizing it's been several hours since he started the quest. At least it didn't take me days to do it. It could have been many times faster though.  He shook his head and continued walking.  One step at a time. I'll be fighting in the front lines soon enough.  Maybe not fighting, but I will definitely be doing something useful. Anything would be wonderful. Contributing to getting out of here would be an honor.

ID: 106786

LD: 11

Edited by Ptolemy

Ptolemy entered the small shop with a relieved sigh. Just need to make the potion, simple. Too simple in fact. He sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. "Zackiriah! I got the things you had asked for!" He yelled across the empty shop. Is he still working? Ptolemy groaned irritatedly and walked deeper into the shop. The NPC was currently cleaning his wooden desk with a small towel. "Did you not hear me when I entered the shop?" Ptolemy tilted his head nonchalantly at the old man. 

Zackiriah looked up at the player and smiled. "Welcome back Ptolemy! I didn't hear you come in." This earned a sizeable aspirated sigh from the blue-haired player. "Well, what are you standing there for? Bring me the materials you got." He beckoned Ptolemy to a desk in the corner filled with potion making tools. "Well, what are you waiting for? Bring em out, no need to be shy."

Ptolemy huffed, taking out each of the materials he has gathered and placed them on the table. "What now?" he asked, restraining himself from snapping at the artificial person. He's too happy and it's frustrating me a little bit. It's too polite, no strain in his voice whatsoever. I could never pull something like this, even I have some breaking points.

"Simple," Zackiriah said, slapping Ptolemy on the back with his palm. Resisting the urge to punch the man in the face, the player listened intently to Zackiriah explain what to do and how to fix up a potion. By the time they were finished making the potion, Ptolemy had already had all the energy sucked out of him. "Wasn't that hard, right?"

He stared at the red liquidy substance in the flask and frowned. "You don't even know," Ptolemy said, grimacing. "Well, what do I do now?" he asked, turning his focus back on the shop owner. "This is the last section of the quest I had to do, correct?

ID: 106836

CD: 4

Edited by Ptolemy

Zackiriah held his gaze for a few seconds before shaking his head. “Nope!” What the fu- “I need you to deliver this small package to my good ol’ friend Lyle.” He motioned towards a square box sitting on his counter. When did that come from? “I’m sure you’ll find him, he’s right next to the plaza.”

Ptolemy stood flabbergasted for a few seconds but reluctantly agreed. “I’ll be receiving my rewards when I deliver this, correct?” You better say yes.

”Yup!” Ptolemy sighed in relief, not wanting to do anything else for the day. “Now shoo, I’ll let you be.”

Picking up the package, he turned to Zackiriah. ”Alright, see you... around,” Ptolemy muttered, leaving the shop quickly. This is the last thing you need to do Klaus, then I’ll be free for the rest of the day. Great Klaus, you’re talking to yourself again. He abruptly stopped in the middle of the street and sighed. I should’ve been less drastic and calmer, this is not like my usual self, no. 

Edited by Ptolemy

"Where'd he say it was again?" Ptolemy murmured, "around the plaza? Gah, I don't remember." He scratched the back of his head uneasily and his eyes scanned the area around him. The plaza was north? Or was it to the east. This is confusing. He narrowed his eyes at the package in between his hands. Why couldn't he have delivered this himself? is he incapable of leaving his own shop? This is blasphemy! The hems of his lips slugged down, maybe I'll just roam around for a while. I assume I'll find it eventually.  He inhaled a massive amount of air before he started walking again. I hope this shop of Lyle's turns up soon, or I'll be stuck here for another few hours just walking on the streets. But I suppose it's a good time to think and reflect the choices I've made so far. So, what have I been doing for the last two years?

His nonchalant face staggered for a moment as he recollected himself. What have I been doing for the past two years?  Ptolemy felt as if this was a wake-up call to him. I'm still so low-leveled, what have I been doing for the past two years of my life? Weeping? Mourning? Absolutely not! These are not things I would do in any circumstance. So what have I been doing? His eyes wavered as he dove deep in thought. How can I not remember? Two years of my life, I can't remember the last two years of my life? He sighed, lifting his head back from its place.  I shouldn't be thinking about this right now. It'll only add to my current stress. Now, where is that blasted shop? His eyes searched for the shop Zackiriah had mentioned. A blacksmiths shop? Can't be too hard to find, he thought, his eyes landing on a small cottage-like building.  There.

Ptolemy entered the shop, Zackiriah's package still in hand. I hope this is the shop he told me about. If not, I embarrassed myself. That would be very, very, very displeasing. He glanced around the shop, noticing that there were several swords and shields displayed on the shelves.  It does look like a blacksmiths shop, maybe he could be expecting the package? He sighed, turning the corner. There he could see an outline of a man. Approaching the figure, he called out, "Are you Lyle? Er, I'm here with Zackiriah's package or something like that." 

The NPC looked up from his work and smiled immediately when he saw Ptolemy. Oh God. "oh, from Zackiriah you said? Just put it over there, I'll get it later." He pointed to a table in the corner of the shop.  Simple enough. 

He placed the box on the table and tilted his head. I guess that's it. I'll be off then. "I have to get going now, bye Lyle." He waved at the blacksmith one last time before leaving the shop.