[PP-F02] Inside Darkness <<Let There Be Light>> [Black, Kyoto]

Two clicks north of the cerulean river that snake across the plains like a great asp, a salty  swordsman was downing his last canteen of water. Sweat clung to his face as dark chocolate brown eyes illuminated in the lambent sun, peaking over the horizon and basking the mountains in it’s seemingly divine radiance. He scanned the ridge lines, his eyes wincing at the dubious valleys and pine trees that stretched up high as if blessed with a Goddess’s fertile soil. A cool wind offered him some semblance of relief as he trekked further, taking small controlled steps. He was blithely aware of the type of world he was stepping into, shown all too well in his flicker of a grin that his spirit was aplomb and collected traversing through the terrain.

The sense of adventure really brought him back. He thought about the deep mountains he had to climb with hundreds of pounds on his back. If only that counted for some type of stat here, but no dice on that one. A mirthless expression adorned his lips as he took a moment to check his stats once more. “Well...[censored]. I watched a Youtube video with a man crushing a wasp’s nest with his bare palm...took out the whole army. I’d be crushing these bugs just like that….if they weren’t as big as a drunk angry midget…” Black kissed his teeth as he scrolled down to his active quests, tapping his chin. He looked toward the recommended level with a sardonic manner, before rubbing his forehead, his tongue rolling around the purple lollipop in his mouth.

“Got to get my gains…a Devil Dog's got to eat.” The Marine barked like a dog ready to be unleashed in some illegal underground cage fight. His finger highlighted an item called “Yui’s Grace” and activated it as he waited outside the general area of operations for the enemy boss.

He then decided to unsheathe his curved sword and sit patiently in a safe area, keenly aware he’d need the help of others to crush this wasp. His appearance would be calm and radiate a determined will as he waited for whatever battle buddy he’d end up in the company of.

-------

Skills Rank 1 Curved Sword 

HP: 160
MIT: 8
DMG: 4
ACC: 0
EVA: 0

REC: 1

THN: 18 

PARA: 2 

Edited by Black

Kyoto approaching the crest of this hill while having Green Day stuck in his head. Approaching near the safe zone with nothing but his black coat on. While stumbling across the safe zone he sees a player sitting there sucking on a pop. He looks at this figure realizing he’s a new player. Kyoto then decided to walk up to him and see if the guy needed help. Walking up to the stranger he was singing lyrics from one of Green Day’s song. I walk this empty street on the Boulevard of Broken Dreams. Where the city sleeps and I'm the only one and I walk aloneKyoto look at this strange man as he gives him a smirk as he seem to cant get Green Day out of his head. Looking at this guy he seems to be a low level player must of literally started to leave the Town of Beginnings. Kyoto then eventually ask him something. “Hey man are you lost? If you are I can help you get back to where your heading.” As Kyoto reaches out his hand to help the man up he notice how he looks. He looks like some shady kid that is running away from his issues. But really he’s just out looking for someone.

@Black

Black would have caught the sight of a dark haired player wearing a pretty dope set of armor. Black frowned in an impressed state as he looked the man over. His ears caught the lyrics from a pretty popular song and he laughed noticing the man had just literally walked alone. As he grips the man's hand, he sings with valor as the did when he would goof off with Marines in Aghanistan when they got far too bored during guard duty. 

"Where the city sleeps, and I'm the only one and I walk alone!" He then begins to his the air guitar solo, and beatbox the sound of the strings for dynamic effect. " Afterwards he chuckles and decided to get serious. Well, yeah, I had plans to kill this Wasp Queen, but before you got here I got bored and trained up a bit. Some players said she was giving less SP though she is repeatable. So...I'm just sort of -" 

HEEELLLP! 

A NPC woman runs over bawling into tears and rubbing her eyes with sorrow in my heart. "Brave warriors, please you have to help me. My poor little girl... we took away her toys and she decided to run off. The guards found her doll near this cave. She must have gone down there for shelter because it started raining...but there are monsters down there. You have to help her, please, they'll eat her!" The mother cries desperately. 

Black looks to Kyot0 and shrugs." I guess I'm taking this quest. You in?" He says as he issues the man a party invite. 

@Kyot0

Kyoto looks at the mother. Even though he’s done this quest a lot of times and he knows exactly what’s to do he decided to tag a long with Black and see what he can do. He turns to him. “Sure mate I’ve already done this quest but I can tag a long besides this can get tricky and with my Strength you shouldn’t have issues.” He smiles as he then equips his sword. Seeing the sheath and his black sword appear onto his back. He gives them a smirk as he feels ready for the combat. As he waits for Black to get ready so they can head out he start to finish the rest of the song the both of them started. “My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
'Til then I walk alone”

@Black

Black cocked an eye at the Mother after hearing Kyot0 speak about having to the rescue the daughter multiple times. He then rests his hands on his imaginary duty belt and eyes the NPC like a dissaponted officer. "This kind of thing happen often ma'am?" He said with a deep Texan southern accent. "If this keeps getting out of hand, we might need to put you under arrest for child neglect and take the kids to CPS." He tilts his head down as if eyeballing her from a pair of aviators. 

He then pats Kyot0 on the shoulder. "Come on let's go rescue her little temper tantrum throwing toddler then afterwards we'll get donuts." He joked as he went out on patrol with his partner. He casts a glance back toward the mother. "And you ma'am...you ought to be ashamed of yourself..you better not lose this child again..I don't care if you got to get her one of them little backpacks with the leashes." He scowled as he turned back to smirk mischievously at Kyot0. "So this cave...let me guess...creepy as shi-..if this was a horror movie...good news for you is out of the two of us, I'm probably the one who dies first." 

He then spots a field of yeast and goes to gather some up. "Nice. Looks like donuts might be on the house."

"Hey, here's a Thunder Roll. It'll boost your accuracy by +1 while in the cave" Black states as he consumes a Sushi Roll himself for the +1 Acc buff.

ID-106765 LD-19 (+1 T1 Mat) 

@Kyot0

Edited by Black

Kyoto looks at him as he gives him a smirk. “Great you get to make it once we get done with this.” As the two of them continue to walk towards the caves. Looking around for things he can use for materials as he failed to find anything useful around the area he's at.. As he quickly catches up to Black he looks ahead as he sees the cave once again. He smiles as he’s ready to defeat this again. Hopefully for the last time. Looking over at Black he see’s him with full of confident and not much of him being scared of the fact this could probably be his first combat.  He looks forward with a smirk as he knows that Black is ready for it. Approaching up to the cave he then looks over at Black slowly pulling his sword out of the sheath, “Well This is it mate are you ready?” Before heading in he hears black mention about some food and then was recieved the food. "Thanks man"

ID# 106844 results: LD: 11 (Fail)

@Black

Edited by Kyot0

Black laughed as he shot Kyoto a thumbs up and began to open his item menu and materialize water bottle before gripping it in his palm. The callouses on his hands pried open the top as he began to drink it all down like a bottle of gatorade. His eyes looked about the forests and birds fluttered through the trees and the look over at the mobs roaming through the forest. Black was surprised how much the monsters in this game looked so real. Gigantic size aside, of course, they were masterful works of art by whoever designed. He began to tap his scimitar against his shoulder as he walked alongside Kyoto towards the save. He takes a moment to search outside of the cave to look for any material he can cook up at home, but shrugs as the lands come up empty. "Hell, I'm a always ready to throw down..I live for this [censored]. You open up on them and I'll keep them focused on me. If they want to mess with the bull, I'll give them the thorns."

Spoiler

ID-106847 (Fail) 

LD- 9 (gather fail)

Edited by Black

Kyoto keeps smiling as he walks into the cave with his sword out. As he knows is complete dark in here so he can’t see anything but he can hear them just like how they can hear him. He then charges at on of the bats with his sword at slicing a huge V onto the body of the bat as he watches it get pushed back a good ways watching it’s HP drop almost half way. He smiles as he then looks at Black still in the entrance of the cave as he yells “Switch!” waiting to see what Black will do. Waiting to see his partner attack he listens very carefully to see if he can hear the other bat. But all he hears is the one he attacked and the little girl crying. He quickly listens more carefully for the girl as he notice that she is behind the bat he just attacked. He should of take it slow coming in here until he knew where she was because he could of just hurt her. Not like it matters since she’s an NPC but the point of the whole quest is to protect her and get her back to her mother.

ID# 106850 results: BD: 10 (Crit +2) 5 (base)+2(crit) +2*2=18

[H:1] Kyoto 260/260 (22/26)

@Black **/** (**/**)

Bat #1 (32/50)

(Undiscovered) Bat #2 (50/50)

Edited by Kyot0

Black brandished his shield that he had received from Hestia. Twilight Shadow glowed ebony and ivory almost like a European version of yin and yang. The features were favored by Black as he enjoyed concepts of duality. The battle between light and darkness lurked in the hearts of every man. Though he tread across the fine line, today he planned to be a light in the darkness. He notices Kyoto going in to initiate and unleashing artfully dynamic sword arts upon the bat. "Well, [censored]..I don't know how the hell you managed to do that in this dark ass tunnel, but damn, man, you got some skills. " Black bops his head in the darkness following the glow of the sword arts. 

"Switch!" 

"Alright, Revial, it's show time." He smirks as Revial begins to crackle with a swirling light blue electricity. "Sometimes in the darkness, we got to forge our own light." 

Black then shoots across the dark cave in a blaze of static glory as he lights the whole cave in a flash of electricity slashing across the bat with one strike, paralyzing it before it could even get off it's attack. 

Spoiler

ID- 106865

BD-9 - Hit 4 + 1 x 2 = 10 + Paralyze
MD-6 (PARA)

[H:0] Kyoto 260/260 (22/26)

@Black [H:5] 200/200 (22/22) DMG 4 MIT 12 THN 18 REC 1 PARA 2 TNT 1

Bat #1 (22/50) 

Edited by Black
  • 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

ID# 107756 results: BD: 8 + 3 = 11 (Hit)  5+2*2= 14 

[H:1] Kyoto 260/260 (19/26)

@Black [H:5] 200/200 (22/22) 

Bat #1 (8/50) 

Kyoto looks over and laughs a little. “Now I know why I enjoy having Tanks with me.” He look and hears the slashing of Black’s sword hit the bat as he then get’s ready to attack It once again. Still uncertain where the other bat is Kyoto goes and uses his sword art once more and hits the bat watching it’s hp drop well into the red. “Your turn finish this so we can find the next one.” Kyoto looks around as he notice he sounds like a leader even though he’s done this quest way to much. He cracks up laughing once more as he listen carefully for the child and the other bat. Hearing multiple things at once he’s not sure where to even begin. After waiting for a few moments he then just decided to wait for Black to finish the bat and then the both of them can work on finding the child and the other bat.

Edited by Kyot0

Black followed up his initial strike by keeping his guard up as he listened to Kyot0 encouraging him on. Black watches as Kyot0 shows expertise with his blade as he employs cunning and perception to identify his target and land an explosive blow of force that rips through it's wings. Black was a bit envious of the damage, but appreciated the concept of being able to damage an opponent while not even lifting a finger. He enjoyed survivability and wars of attrition. “Alright, I'll end this. “

Black shouted out confidently as he whipped around in a circular motion and slashed through his opponent. The bat began to shake and screech as it soon was destroyed and shattered into crystals. “Hell yeah! Let's line them up for the kill and save our girl!”

@Kyot0

Spoiler

BD- 6  (-1) (+1) Acc buff

MD- 3

Rage Blow vs Bat (4) x (2) = (8)

Bat A is Dead!

Edited by Black

Kyoto walks up to Black and gives him a high five. “That’s what I call team work. Now Let me see if I can find the other Bat.” He smiles as he listens carefully. Hearing the bat trying to call out to his partner Kyoto then turns around and acts quickly and uses his sword art again and attack the second bat with a direct hit. Watching the Bat fly back after the impact of the sword slashing at him. Kyoto smiles as he knows that the Bat is feeling it. Even though he didn’t crit it he knows the Bat is defiantly feeling it.

“Alright Black your turn. Let’s finish this so we can get the girl back to her mother.!” He smiles as he then looks over his shoulder finally able to see the little girl safely behind both him and Black. He looks in front of him once more as the bat is getting ready for the next combat it will face.

Spoiler

ID# 107913 results: BD : 3 + 3 = 6 (Hit) 

DMG: 5*2= 10 

[H:1] Kyoto 260/260 (16/26)

@Black [H:0] 200/200 (22/22) 

Bat #2 (40/50)

Edited by Kyot0

Black seemed focused on the fight until he realizes that Kyoto had left his position and was standing there with his hand in the air. Black knew that the beast could barely hurt him, so he shrugged and gave the man a high five.

“Ain't no thang. Holding aggro is was I do. I love being skilled with the sword and damaging enemies when they attack me. “ Black boasted as he tapped his sword against his shield. “Come on out you freaky bat. We got some slicing and dicing to do!” Black shouted out.

It seemed the young warrior Kyoto found their perp. “Alright, time to show that bat some police brutality! Get him!” Black shouted out as he joined him in beating the enemy with swords. “Go for it's eyes! Rip then out with your sword!”

@Kyot0

Spoiler

BD-5 (-1) (+1) (+1) Concentration

(4) x (2) = 8

MD- 1

[H: 1] Kyoto 260/260 (16/26)

@Black [H:2] 200/200 (22/22)

Bat #2 (32/50)

Edited by Black

Kyoto smirks as he turns around and sees Black right behind him. “Good Keep it up.” As he when to go and charges at the bat once again using another sword art he goes and attacks the bat once again but misses by tumbling over some hidden rocks that he couldn’t see. “ Jesus wasn’t expecting to run into rock in the dark.” He says sarcastically as he then gets up and quickly jumps out of the way just in case Black was right behind him. “Hey watch it there’s some hidden rocks in front of you don’t trip on them like I did.” Kyoto smirk as he knows that Black will hit the bat. He can feel it in him. Kyoto looks around seeing if he can find the little girl and as she was just sitting there waiting on them to save her. “Man what wont I do to get more col from saving her.” He says as he then looks back over near Black.

Spoiler

ID# 107917 results: BD: 2 + 3 = 5 (Miss)

[H:1] Kyoto 260/260 (13/26)

@Black [H:2] 200/200 (22/22) 

Bat #2 (32/50)

Edited by Kyot0

Black bobs his head as he starts to get in the zone feeling the adrenaline of combat. “Hell yeah, this is over soon. We're going to wreck this bats man!” He shouts out to his partner in crime. He watches as the dark haired swordsman darts forward and charges up a sword art. “A swing and a miss!” Black laughs as he taunts the poor kid. “Come on get up and dust yourself of before this damn thing turns me into a vampire!”

Black laughs as he talks about tripping over a rock. “How the hell did you trip man?” He shakes his head as he renders his sword black with a sword art then does a diagonal swipe from left to right and makes the bat screech out again. It rammed into Blacks armor, but the ethereal red thorns penetrated it's digital flesh. “Yeah, come on jackass keep hitting me. I'm loving it!”

Further down the tunnel the team could hear a girl weeping. “M-mommy! I want my mommy! Please help me!

@Kyot0

Spoiler

ID# 107918 results:

Battle: 6 (-1) (+1) Acc buff food

(4) x (2) = 8

18 DMG from thorns

MOB: 7

Bat: 6/50

[H:1] Kyoto 260/260 (13/26)

@Black [H:4] 219/200 (18/22)

Edited by Black

Kyoto looks over at black then over at the child. Seeing the bat flying over to the child about to attack it Kyoto quickly gets up and darted towards the girl. “Black quick finish it before it hit the girl!” he yells as then Kyoto jumps on top of the girl protecting her from the bat. “Don’t worry little girl I’ll protect you.” Kyoto looks back not able to see Black anywhere. “Come on man I got the girl lets get out of here.” Kyoto smirks as he quickly gets up hoping the bat doesn’t get him. Kyoto know Black will kill it as he is the tank after all. The girl replies. “Where’s my mommy? I want my Mommy!” Kyoto didn’t know he had to babysit the child too. Stopping at the entrance of the cave he looks over and see if he can see Black. Knowing that Black is okay he smiles as he waits for the man to walk near the light.

@Black

Edited by Kyot0

Black looks to Kyoto expectantly as he pushes the animal off him. “Wait. Where are you running off to?” Black said looking concerned for a moment? “What happened to no man left behind! Traitor!!!!” Black calls out as the boy runs off to leave him behind. He orders Black to kill it before the girl gets injured.

Black’s brown eyes mold into a demonic squint. “Feel the power of chocolate thunder!” Black cries out as he holds up his electric blade to the roof as it illuminates the room. “Feel the almighty power of Gilthunder! Destruction is our only path to victory!” He shouts out as he rips his sword through the enemy and lets out a wild battle cry.

He checks the status of Kyoto and the girl. “Come on, let's get the little wench out of here and back to her trifling a** mother. But if she gets caught running away again. We are gonna let the bats suck her dry. I don't give a [censored].”

Spoiler

ID# 107919 results:

Battle: 10

(6) x(2) =12

Bat 0/50 HP

MOB: 5

Edited by Black

Kyoto laughs as he hears what Black says after he finishes the bat. “Well man lets get her back so we can finish this damn thing.” Kyoto grabs the girl as he throws her over his shoulder. “You know this girl reminds me of my little sister when we were younger. I use to have her over my shoulder’s but the difference was I didn’t have to save her over and over again.” Kyoto keeps walking as they head to the mother. “Hopefully this the last time I’ll have to do this quest. I’m sure after this I’ll just be one hitting the damn bats now.” Kyoto continues to walk as the girl keeps scrawling around. “Will you stop moving before I set you down and you can walk.” Kyoto sounds little upset because the fact he had to take care of this child again and again and again. “I swear man."

@Black

Edited by Kyot0

Black smirks at Kyoto as he laughs at the man's response. Black just loved screwing around and doesn't seem to care since nothing in the area can really do him much harm. He knew he didn't do much damage so he had to celebrate the small victories when he got them. He loved utilizing his paralytic abilities or using them for his finishers. He felt like a star player on the team when paired up with Kyoto.

He watched as Kyoto threw the girl over his shoulder and gave him a dubious expression. “I don't know man...she look a little young for you. Don't you think?” Black smirks teasingly as he walks of beside him. He squints at the girl. “And you young lady! Your mom is pissed! No cell phones for a whole month! Yeah! And we're cutting off the wifi, too!” He knitted his brows with a serious expression.

Black then tilts his head at Kyoto. “Looks like your little sister? Whoa, man, keep your fetishes to yourself. I know I might be from the south, but that's taboo around here. “

Spoiler

Edited by Black

“Yeah I hope this is the last time. I mean..I bet some asshole might just kill the girl. I've been hearing about those creepy ass PKers who don’t care about nobody. They just want to do sick twisted [censored]. “ He shrugs as they continue to travel through the darkness.

Something catches his foot and he falls over on top of it, making a loud noise. He watches as Kyoto continues on and he begins to rub across the figure he tripped over. “It’s all good man. I'll catch up with you. “ The sneaky sable skinned rogue said to the black swordsman.

He then noticed that there was a familiar object in front of him. “Hm..he trips over rocks...I trip over treasure chests. Nice. I guess my luck just never runs out then. “ Black states as he begins to hover his menu near it for a little bit of better lighting.

Spoiler

ID# 107920 results:

Battle: 5

Craft: 8

Loot: 14 (+1) from Multipurpose : Treasure chest found!

MOB: 9

Edited by Black