[Floor 1/PP] A genius' absences

The girl frowned at his reaction. It looked like something had dawned on him, yet he hadn’t said. She kicked her chair, but opted not to pursue this. After all, if it was important, he’d say it right? Right…?

At the offer of more food, the girl gave him a very sheepish grin. Her answer was yes, without a sliver of a doubt. However, she had been taught to not abuse people who were nice to her. Her question was delayed as the invitation popped up, and she hit accept with barely a seconds hesitation. She was part of a guild. His guild.

“I wouldn’t mind eating some more. I don’t wanna impose but…well, you are offering so…” She smiled sheepishly at him, right before something came to her mind. Something about the guild, something important…

“What’s my role?” She asked him “In your group, what do you…am i…meant to…?” She frowned. What was that word again? It was a simple word, yet it alluded her! She pouted a little as she hunted for it.

“Expected” She said suddenly “What am I expected to do!”

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looked at the waiter who had walked back over here, smiling as he ordered her a chicken curry. She had drooled about it earlier, and since they were no longer trying to outspice each other, he could get her soething different. He ordered himself a beef stir fry curry mix. It was weird, but he wanted to try it. He also got them both some more drinks, of there choices. He got a lemon lime and bitters, jsut because he missed the taste.

Then, she asked waht she was meant to do in the guild. He was lucky this time, she had managed to stay in English or Japanese the whole time, so he knew what she was actually saying. She was curious about her job.

"I should probably tell you how my guild works before i tell you that. The three..... two, heads of the guild make all big decisions. Majority wins, though... I don't know how it s goign to work right now. There is two divisions, combat and support. The combat division's job in any raid, boss fight, event, or whatever we do is to fight nad protect. Our Tanks and weapon experts are here. Hei, someone i will need to introduce you to, is the leader of that. The Support is our healers, and scouts. The scouts find our dungeons and infomation while the healers keep our tanks and damage dealers alive. E...Eatos was... the leader of that... I am the head of the guild, so right now it seems i'm in charge of the support crew. We act like a family. No formalities needed. Only time i will ever enforce order is when we are doing something dangerous that the heirarchy is called for. I have to ask, what is your preferance on skills? Tank, damage, healer?" He asked her, after explaining some of the guilds basics. 

"Oh, and something to mention...." He said, all sadness, all expression leaving his voice and demenor, leaving him expressionless, and serious. "We have zero. zero tollerance for player killing. The only time, it is ever acceptable is in the defense of another. You stun them, then get the victim out of there. You do not, kill, another person" He said, before a sort of sadness came back to him, a small, weak smile on his face appearing. 

The girl sharpened her mind as she listened to how the guild operated. It seemed pretty simple if she was honest with herself. Leaders make decisions, yet it wasn’t a war guild that had been popping up latey. She liked that, war guilds and her simply would never get along.  But after hearing what he had said, she didn’t feel any regret in joining the guild. It was the right place for her…hopefully.

She scratched the back of her head at his question “I’m going for a tank build…It’ll make me harder to kill” She knew it was an, ultimately, a selfish reason. Even if others would say she is keeping others alive, she picked the upgrade she had because…well, it made her harder to die.

Hearing about player killing, the girl frowned? Did he trust her so little? “I’m not a murderer” She says “Besides, you know me. I’m not really out here to pick a fight with someone else”

• 2 weeks later...

She was a litttle... upset and defensive at his talk about a player killer. He knew she wasn't like that, she was such a sweet young girl... Why would she ever go to that side of Aincrad. As for her build, he was glad. His guild had a lot of potential damage players, but not so many potential tanks. So having someone who was going along this path was a great benefit to this guild. He looked at her, readying to calm her worries. 

"It...its just one of my members has tried to kill one of my friends... And especialyl after losing Katherine... Eatos... I need to keep others away from that side as well..." 

With that, he sighs, his weak smiling returning. Her food arived at this point as well.

"I trust you... I know you wouldn't become like that" He replies, smiling as he got his own food, putting half of it onto a seperate plate and putting it next to the wolf who was sitting by his side, who happily started eating the meat. 

The girl tilted her head. Part of her was certain what he was saying was important, but she just couldn’t focus on the words being said. They bounced around back and forth, but she couldn’t catch them and she simply stared at Stryder. She kicked her chair, right as her food arrived it she was distracted be starting to eat. This time however, she ate it slowly, savouring its taste rather than trying to prove a point.

“It’s murder” She said mid-bite in Japanese “This place is basically the real world now, and you’d be an idiot to say otherwise”. She herself had, so many times, forgotten that very fact herself. It was a mixed bag. This world was, in a way, perfect for her. And yet, in the same step, it was hell. But, despite all that it hurt, at least she…wasn’t, something…

“Of course I won’t become like that” She said, swapping over to English “I’m not a murderer…”

She had quelled his own fears with those words. She viewed this place a lot like he did, it was a common viewpoint, but he had met enough people who still just treated it as a game with respawn. He was glad she wasn't one of those people. He was also pretty dam glad she wasn't shoveling food into her stomach at the speed of light just to show him up, his pride was hurt... He didn't want anymore of that right now. He ate his own, savoring every little piece of beef and rice that came with it. 

"I'm glad to hear that..." He said to her, deciding to concentrate on eating for a little. His mind shifted back to Katherine. She shared his viewpoint on this whole mess, the whole PK thing... She had made the guild with him to do more than just house players... She had known it, he wanted to help prevent the lower players from falling victim to it, which he had done his best to do... and he had to keep doing so. He looked at her, wondering where they would be heading towards together... Would she end up like Hei, Pinball, fae... Eatos, who would she end up like...

- After they finished Eating, it was late, so Sky offered for Jinx to stay at his house, which close as he lived on this floor. She fell asleep en-route, so he ended up carrying her again through the country side, carrying her to his shop, which was still being furnished, to the second floor where he lived, laying her down onti his bed and putting a blanket over her, smiling as he went out, closing the door to give her privacy and going to finish his planning for a raid for the next day.

- FINISHED

Rewards - 3 SP Both

1200 Col split - 600 Each