[Floor 1/PP] A genius' absences

The girls mind started to throb, it was hurting to focus on what was being said. She wanted to, wanted so badly in order to help the boy who had, in turn, helped her. But there was nothing she could do, the timer was getting close to full. But he seemed to confident, much like he had before. Like she remembered him being.

“I see, so Eatos…Katherine. She left the guild in your hands, because she had no choice. Because she trusted you, because you were capable…” She said softly in Japanese.

“M..me? I’m going well. I’m a low level, but, I’ve been managing my overloads well” She said softly as her eyes started to dull “I’ve…got notes, on everything. Interactions, everything like that, ensure i can't get too much…and…” She leaned backwards, not out of comfort, but rather, her focus was drained and she wasn’t able to force her eyes onto him “…-something”

She wanted to say something, important! But, the words slipped away and she smiled softly at him “your eyes….are dry”

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It didn't take him long to realize that she was close to an overload, she was going limp, just like she had that first time they had met. When she started to lean, he put an arm on her shoulder, making sure she wouldn't fall right over onto her back. She was goign well from the sounds of it, low level, well expected, especially with the fact she ahd notes on everything, that would have taken a lot of time to gather. Her eye was duller now, not as bright and sharp as it was before. Then, she said his eyes were dry. He felt it, realizing he no longer had tiers  running down his face. She had a lot taken out of her it seemed like.

"Is that so? I'm proud of you... And thank you, for helping me just then. I needed it... And it seems like right now you could use some help yourself. You hungry, want to grab a bite to eat?" He asked her, a smile on his face. He wanted to pay her back, and right now there wasn't uch he could do. If she was the same in her state as she used to be, not much would get into her head, instead most things wouldzone out wit ha few important words being picked up here and there.

The words S was saying…started to not make it in. Rather, her mind started giggling to itself about the chances, what were the chances that they would find one another, when the name had alluded them for so long. She felt his arm on her, but opted to say nothing. After all, he was keeping her balanced up. Otherwise, she had a feeling she would collapse onto the ground.

“F..food?” She asked, catching only part of the sentence itself and she was interested. “I’m not against food…” She said softly as the idea became more, and more enticing. She blinked once as she noticed the dullness of her mind, but allowed it to roam as she leaned forwards and hugged him tightly.

“You’re less sad now…” she comments…In Chinese “You helped me when I was in pain. It’s my turn to help you when you in pain…It’s a fair trade” She said softly, a smile on her face as she was pleased with herself.

Sky sighed, letting out a small laugh as he shook his head. She was back to being loopy. She couldn't not just spaz out a little, unable to really tell what was happening. She did nptice him say food, which told him she was game for some lunch. He had to think, they needed to go somewhere it wouldn't be  to loud... Wait, was she? 

Sky couldn't help but have a tiny bit of red on his face when she leaned into him and hugged him tightly. It vanished quickly, and he pulled his hood down, not needing it up. He let her keep hugging him, smiling as he wrapped his own arms around her, giving the girl a warm hug as a thank you before he moved her so that she was on his back, like a piggy back, being gentle as he moved her. Then, she said something in Chinese again. He really wished he spoke it, but he didn't.

"You know Alisea, your going to need to teach me Chinese if we keep bumping into each other" He said, smiling as he stood up, starting to walk them both out of that haunted chapel of sadness. He knew he would need to come back there somtime... But for now, he felt alright. He knew she was gone, and it hurt... It hurt like hell. But there were other people who needed him more. He would honour her memory by helping others... Just like she did for him.

"Anything in particular you enjoy eating?" He asked her, hoping she would be able to respond.

Alisea expected S to stand up and to help her up before finding food, and was very much caught off guard by the fact he put her on his back! She, at first, had a panic moment, before simply enjoying it. Part of her was certain being as old as she was, that this wasn’t meant to be a thing to do. But she’d always loved them as a kid, and zoned out ,she was basically a big kid in the body of a young girl.

She leaned forwards, resting on his back as he walked them around and even closed her eye, just relaxing. It was an odd comfort, one she missed from back home.

“huh…?” she asked, not having heard his question. Thankfully for Stryder, she was speaking Japanese for now “I just wanna eat, I heard the cafes in the main town are nice…Although, I heard the ones on the higher floors have curries” At the idea of it, the girls mouth started watering “I haven’t had a spicy curry in years….i miss them”

She really was in her own little world right now, it was a little cute. She allowed him to pick her up, in a piggyback, her leaning into him. She seemed to be fully content. She seemed to like it, and he made a mental note to do it every now and then, when she was like this. She managed to stay in Japanese when she spoke, talking to him about food, and something about a curry? He thought about somewhere he might have seen one, then remembered the twenty second floor! Where he had his shop, he had seen some places there that might serve Curry... He tried to think, remembering a place just outside of the main town, next to a small lake. It wasn't the same one he had his shop at, or where he planned his house/guild hall, but it was still a nice spot.

"Neither have i.... guess were heading to the higher floors to get a spciy curry! I think i know a place on the twenty second floor, my treat" He says to her, starting to walk towards the warp gate in town. He knew that was a safe floor, it was literally one of the safest floors ever. It was nice, peaceful, and rather beautiful. Just li- 

Did.. i really think that?

The girl could only think, more and more, about the curry that she now wanted. She started to salivate more and more at the thoughts of curries. She’d always had a weakness to food, and specifically, spicy food. If there was curry…

“Yesss!” She called out in Russian, although even language could convey her excitement “I’m absolutely famished” she said as the hunger burnt within her stomach. She lazily rested her arms around his shoulders, in part to help her keep balance on his back as they walked. Her eyes were still closed, but she could tell they were moving.

“You know” she said in English “I’ve never done beyond the first few floors, informants are always eager and….they’re the ones who come to you” She said as she cuddled up against his back. It was warm.

“Hmmm, god i can’t wait to find chicken curry…Whatcha wanna eat? Red curry?”

Despite the russian, he knew what she said. Pure excitement was eminating from her. She wanted that curry, and she wanted it bad. She was slowly cuddling up to him, basically acting like a cute backpack. He couldn't help but be a little embarrassed, but also kind of.... proud? He didn't really know how he felt. 

"The twenty second floor is beautiful, a lot of lakes, nice greens and forests. Its easily one of the mostt beautiful floors i'v seen so far" He said to her, explaining the floor itself. "I'v never really gone to informants... That was normally.... Kaths doing" He said, his mind entering a glum state until he heard her asking what she wanted to eat, well, he wanted to eat.

"Hmmm.... maybe a spicy red chicken curry!" He said, combing all the elements she had said so far, a smile re appearing on his face as he walked towards the warp gate, once there saying 'Coral', warping up to the twenty second floor, his wolf, and his backpack, following him. When he appeared, he smiled, taking in a deep breath of air. This was a really quiet floor as well. A lot of space, so not to much crowding. There is plenty here that just keeps everyone alright and happy. He loved it on this floor.

The twenty second floor?! Part of her mind paniced, before relaxing. She was with S, he’d look after her. He did two years ago when they first met, he’d do it now. She relaxed completely as she hugged onto him, unaware of some of the looks people were giving the pair.

“They’re useful…” she muttered in Japanese, not hearing Stryder say the name of his friend as her mind struggled to hear, well, anything. “Although, they get offended super fast…I wonder if its…because…hmm?” She pondered out loud, but she didn’t finish her sentence as she got distracted and went further into her own head.

Although she DID hear him mention his preferred curry, and she figured she’d have some fun! As they arrived on the floor, the girl pouted but made no attempt to climb off his back and gently hit him over the head with her arm “Spicy? You think you can out-spice me?” She asked in a mocking manner “I’ll…spice you…?” She frowned. She knew she had been talking about spice, but why…? Why had she…? Huh? "What was i saying again?"

He stepped off the pedastal, having now appeared on the twenty second floor. He looked around, taking in a deep breath of air. He loved this place... Just like she had loved the fourth floor. He didn't think much more tho, feeling her hugging and fully relaxing. Heh ad noticed a few looks, but he didn't really care that much. This girl was in her dull state, he didn't want someone trying to take advantage of her... Besides she had just helped him, so he owed her something to eat at the very least. Then she started going on about him out-spicin gher, then something bout... Spicing him? He simply laughed a little, grinning as he started to walk through the town.

"I bet you can't even handle the amount of spice i can!" He said to her in Japanese. He had no idea how much spice she could take, but he was going to enjoy eating curry with her. It sounded like a nice way to wrap up his... less than plesant day.

The girl felt her mind drifting, almost as if she was asleep. She’d found her metaphoric rabbit hole, and it drifted into a very much dream like state where very little actually occurred for the girl. She even missed Stryders challenge for out-spice her. Instead, the girl simply cuddled up to his back and began, almost, having a nap.

In her mind, it drafted throughout her two years here. In a world that had basically become reality. It was something she had to constantly reminder herself about, that this world wasn’t the real one. So often it felt like it was…

“Sometimes it feels like I was transported from my world to this one” she muttered in Chinese “Advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. And this is one powerful spell…or a dream” She said to herself. It had plagued her mind when it was sharp, and even in a dream like state, it bothered her.

Why was it that she felt more at home here, in this fake world, than she had ever felt in the real one?

She was back to chinese... He wasn't surprised to be honest, and at this point, he was starting to find it part of her charm. He didn't know what it was, but... soemthing about her was drawing him to her. Maybe it was how cute she was, maybe it was because she was the first person he had met in this game. He had helped her day one, it had been a nice experience, though a little frustrating. He smiled, carrying her out of the town, thus the noise almost all but died down. At this point, if she became alert, she might notice him just a little bit on edge, but that was only because at this point he was carrying her through the wilds. The shop he had heard about was a little out in a safezone near a lake, so he had to go through the wild to get there, though it was beautiful.

"You really gotta teach me Chinese if we bump into each other again" He said, smiling, really wishing he understood more than one or two words of what she had been saying. He was a little hurt that his spice challenge had been ignored, but he would initiate it again when she was in her own senses again!

The girl was board line sleeping  on Stryders back, her mind so absent that she was unable to focus on what was happening around her. She didn’t notice him upping his guard in the woods, and in fact, didn’t even notice that they were. As often, she wasn’t focused on the world around her and would have, without Stryder, have been hopelessly lost.

“I couldn’t teach it…” She said in Japanese “I don’t remember how I learnt it, I just…did” She said trying to explain it “I didn’t know it, then I read it, then I heard it….Then I knew it” She didn’t understand he skill. She knew she was smart, but wasn’t aware just how smart she was. How special it was to be able to master languages like she could. She always assumed it was just, easy for everyone. She had no idea how truly skilled she was. Then again, not everyone had an IQ of 188…

She couldn't teach it? Dam. He was a little upset about that, meaning she would always be saying something that he would never know, but... He could always learn it in his own time. He decided to make that a goal, to come out of this game with at least one new language under his belt! If anything that was an enjoyable way to exit the game. He slowed down, nearing the safezone in which the resterant he he was taking her to was near. He didn't say anything, just letting her relax until he got within sight of it. 

"Guess there will always be times when i don't understand you then" He said with a cheerful tone, not sounding to upset with his newfound confidence to teach himself. He wished it would be easy... He had learnt Japanese as a nessessatiy, and as he had stayed in japan for months at a time, regularly he had gotten a lot of practice. He woudn't have the same scenario with trying to learn a third language, he wished there was though, it would have been a lot easier for him to learn that way instead of studyung for it. 

This girl...

The girls shrugged at the boys comment about not understanding her. She was honestly used to it, and part of her enjoyed it. She was smarter than anyone in the room, and there was a guilty part of her that loved proving it to others.

“Hmmm, I’m sure it’ll be fine” she says softly in Japanese “I’d offer, but I just…learnt it. I dunno how to explain…” She stopped talking as a sort humming noise as her focus drifted out more and more. That’s when it dawned on her.

“Why do I feel comfortable around him?” She asked herself…In English “I met him only a few times, and t.., there is something…I’m at peace” she pondered outloud “Why is he doing that to me…” She wanted to understand, and forgot that fact he could hear her as she talking about.

What about this boy that makes me zone out more often than usual? Normally it wouldn’t bother her, but there was just something…

She spoke in Japanese,so he understood it, finally, saying she would offer, but she just learnt it. He didn't understand how you just 'learnt' a language, it took him around seven trips, each staying around two or three months to actually learn Japanese well. She stopped talking, and started humming for a moment. He smiled, seeing the lake in front of them. He then heard her speaking to himself. She felt comfortable around him? She was at peace? Sky took it to mind, thinking about it himself, and sort of realized he felt the same way. Here we was, carrying a girl through the plains, getting weird looks from everyone, but they didn't bother him. He didn't really care, normally he would have a little bit more self esteem and be careful... 

"Were nearly there, i can see the lake the shop is located at" He said, smiling as he thought to himself, that he was carrying a really cute girl. She had a cute personality, a few little features that just made him feel attached. He didn't know why.

The girl couldn’t find an answer, even as her thoughts drifted around and around in her mind. The more she thought, the harder it was to think. It just didn’t make sense, this person. This boy, had a calming aura to him. She let out an amused huff “If mum could see me now…” She spoke in Chinese again “Oh the things she’d tell me” She opened her eye and started to look around. She could finally see the lake, and the shop he was talking about.

“Ohh, this place looks pretty” She said, swapping over to Japanese “It’s like back home. Holidays with my family, or with the gang when they started behaving” The girl smiled happily at the certain memory “I wish I could see them again, I haven’t spoken to them in years now…Is that bad, I wish they were trapped in this prison with me?” She felt guilty at the idea, and yet, it was always there. If only the Vipers had joined her…

The shop was a quaint little seaside shop, it was one story, however had a extension that went just into the lake, maybe two meters onto it. The extension then had multiple extensions off that, each one around four or five meters, eah one leading to one table for quieter dinners, but were more expensive. The food was brought out still hot from the shop. 

She seemed to like the place, so he was glad. He didn't mind the look of it himself, it looked really beautiful. He saw the small extension into the water was see through as well, so below you the beauty of the lake could be seen. He was pretty glad for it, he also noticed a few of the more secluded ones were free. He made a note to get them there so she could relax without having to worry about the mass level of noise. As he walked, he entered the safezone, a sigh of relief hitting him, then he listened to what she had to say about holidays. When she said all of that, a pang of hurt hit him. This is what Eatos had meant... Most weren't like him. He had made this place his home, he had wanted tos tay here.... If he could, he would stay here for ever, but... Others had families they really wanted to get back to. People they missed, and he had to get them out.

"It is kind of bad... but don't worry, i'l get you out of this game, and you can see your family again, i promise" He said, flashing her a bright smile as he turned his head to look at her, before walking them into the store.

The girl started to focus around her, looking at the lake and the building on top of it. It looked peaceful, although that could be said about a lot of the world in front of her. She had always seen the pretty side, the good side of things. It was a ‘talent’ they had said, to only see the best of life. Or something along those lines.

“You’ll…get me out?” She asked in Japanese frowning a little. Why did he promise her that? "That’s a nice offer, although, it’s not my family I’m wanna see again. I was friends with a group, Vipers. They were…a gang. I miss them”“ Even in this zoned out state, the Vipers were a part of her life, so important, she couldn’t ever forget them.

She noticed they were entering the store, and tapped his shoulder, squirming as she tried to get off his back “I’ll walk, put me down” she said softly…in Russian.

So, she wasn't so worried about her family as to a gang? He simply let our a small laugh, though only to himself. He was a little suprised about that, though they were probably her best friends in the real world. He understood it... He just wished he had experienced it as much as others had. He had always been alone, and here in this world he had made better friends then he had ever managed to in reality.

"Either way... Gang or family, i'l get you back to them" He said, before hearing her saying something in Russian, and her tapping his shoulder and squirming. He had no idea what she had said, though with her squirming he assumed she wanted to be put down? He looked over to her, a puzzled look on his face.

"I don't speak Russian either, sorry, what do you need?" He asked as he stopped about a meter outside the front of the store.