[PP-F02] Sting Operation [Black, Katagawa] <<Long Live The Queen>>

Black bobbed his head to to the beat as he beat-boxed an instrumental from a J.Cole Hip hop album through the forest, walking at a slow casual pace with his hands in his pockets. He followed the beautiful translucent river stream that flowed north and smiled appreciatively at the sun peaking over the horizon of lush green mountains while gentle green and yellow songbirds sung heavenly vibes into the atmosphere. Black nibbled on his bottom lip as he squinted towards a path leading towards a field of trees.

Upon further inspection, he had noticed a beehive hanging from a branch unguard as it seemed no mobs were in the immediate area. Heh..time for a little breaking and entering...going to get that honey so I can make this money. A flicker of a wicked grin brandished from his face  as his shifty eyes snaked left and right mischievously as he darted over to check out the scene, reaching up to touch the beehive as a glowing light activated and he received a T1 mat from it which consisted of a sample of honey. “Now time to duck off before Mr. Bee comes home and finds out I stole his honey.” The platinum blonde haired man in a tan and blue armor smirked before tossing the item in his satchel. His voice carried an urban accent and ebonics was a common vibe he employed as he spoke. 
----

Note: Using Yui's Grace for this Thread 

@Neopolitan
ID: 106542 LR- 18 ( Success -T1 Mat gathered!)
Total T1 Mats gathered: 1

Skills Rank 1 Curved Sword 

Gear: Vanity Curved Sword
Armor: Rare Desert Armor (2 slots of MIT)
HP: 20
MIT: 18
DMG: 1
ACC: 0
EVA: 0

Edited by Black

Hokori had decided it was time for her to start taking on a few more things besides the boars on the first floor. She was wanting to play it safe, but tey were barely giving her any rewards now. She had headed up to the second floor instead, heaaring rumors of a powerful wasp queen who resided on the floor. As she was wandering about the floor, she noticed what appeared to be a hive. The mobs weren't currently there, which was a bad sign. As she approached, she noticed someone else there. She still had her blade drawn as she approached them. "Hello, are you here to take on the wasp queen?" She was hoping that they hadn't just taken it out and that they would be able to face it together. However, she noticed that they didn't seem to be that high of a level, probably loweer than her if she had to guess. It appears she might have her defensive work cut out for her if they stuck around here.

Katagawa: 400/400 HP | 40/40 ENG | 1 ACC | 17 MIT | 16 THN | 7 DMG | 9-10 PARA

@Black

The woman’s footsteps were mostly quiet and unrecognizable to the militant swordsman as turned to face her. His skin was sandy and dark in complexion highlighted by his blonde mane that rivaled her own. His right hand was covered in colorful and vibrant tattoos as well as the sleeves of his arms. Most of which were an ode to hip-hop, the Marine Corps, and others inspired by artistic influence of Japan and Afghanistan. He was conditioned to watch her blade, taking precautions not to get robbed, but then saw the green emblem above her head. He took a few moments to look for an additional guild members of hers but couldn’t seem to find any. He however was aware that most that come out here were far more powerful than him despite height, body build, or any physical factor.

This was unlike what he was used to. Hitting the gym and martial arts training in the Marines didn’t really affect his energy or damage in this world. He could have a body like Floyd Mayweather and get beat by a twelve year old. “Yeah, you got it. I’m just trying to see what party I can come up with before trying to take her down. “ He says as he shifts his candy stick to the corner of his lips. “You ever kill it before? People say it can kill a level one like me in one hit if it crits...I probably should have done the quest with the over-potion before trying it, but with a good enough tank and playing it safe, I’ll be alright.” He shrugged non-chalantly at the aspect. He then opened his stat menu. “I started out speccing for a tank, so I have eighteen mitigation which helps a bit, but maybe it won’t have to come to that.”

He panned through his menu offering Hokori an invite and as he did so his username would appear for her to see as he prepared his scimitar. 

"If you feel comfortable, I think it's best you take point and initiate, I'll be around to back you up."

@Katagawa 

Hokori listened as the man introduced himself. He was a raather burly type of man, but definitely still had an air of intelligence around him. Guessing they were military, she accepted the party invite when he sent it. Black was only level 1, which could be a problem. "I haven't fought this boss before, though I do know a little bit about it from info brokers. I should be able to taake its attention from you and keep you safe. Eighteen mitigation is a fair amount, moree than I have right now. Of course, I'm not fully focused on mitigation, I'm still trying to figure out something that would work ass a better way to take damage off of others. Just make sure not to attack until I hve the things attention. You should be safe after that." If this person was military, they would hopefully listen to her. SHe had no clue how to give a proper command, but she did know some basic ideas of tactics and strategy.

@Black (Spawn the boss whenever you're ready)

Black sniffed roughly as he analyzed her level and HP. A modest grin creaked upon his lips as he found solace in her strength. “Know your enemy and know yourself and you shouldn’t have to fear the outcome of a hundred battles.” He stated with his right hand hanging off the base of his lollipop. “From what I heard, sometimes adds can be a thing, but as long as you keep him pissed at you everything should be chill.” He reassured her, then considered what type of build the woman might be going for. “Yeah, I’m still trying to wrap my head around what type of build I want to go for...and somehow splitting points between these utility slots because gathering and crafting can be a pain. Especially when you’re hungry and trying to whip up your own food. I swore I knew how to cook just pancakes, eggs, and bacon just fine in the real world, but when I started somehow I felt like I was in a kitchen from hell!” He chimed as he began to scout out ahead.

His steps were cautious and every ten meters or so he made sure to check his rear incase any orange players or mobs might pop up. As the forest grew more dense, the visibility would wane and Black would travel closer to Hokori. Peaking around the corner of a tree he had saw the large wasp queen protruding through the forest, her chromatic eyes reflected the sun and her wings flapped murderously. The black and yellow stripes she wore was like a war banner as her intimidating stinger  jutted out of her body like a switchblade. Tension began to spread thick in the forest, but Black felt confident in his ability to make smart plays and for the other player to drive the kill home to complete the quest.

"Alright, I'm in position. It's your move." He declared as he stayed back and to her right, maintaining his visuals on the surrounding area. 

@Katagawa

Hokori followed along with Black, who seemed to listen well to her instructions. They were being very cautious, even though she kept a relaxed posture. "If you're looking for orange players, I doubt you'll find them here. Most of them are going to be on he first floor or the higher floors. The second floor is where they know everyone is going to be smart and just run away." She was mostly just pulling these arguments out of thin air, but that didn't mean they were false. It would be stupid for someone to attack players on the second floor.

As they approached the queen, Hokori did her best to remain quiet. She had yet to see mobs react to sound, but she had also never faced a boss. Nodding towards black, she quickly brought her blade up and felt the sword art taking over. She began to spin around in a vertical circle, smashing the unsuspecting queen into the ground. "Now! While it's down!" She knew that it wouldn't have that much durability and it seemed she had gotten the status effect off of her weapon. This meant that she was going to be able to take it down rather quickly. With any luck the queen would be dead before it could attack.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106573
BD: 9 + 1 = 10 - minor crit (7 + 1 = 8 * 4 = 32 damage)

[H: 2] @Katagawa: 200/200 HP | 16/20 EN (-4 sword art) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC | 9-10 PARA
[H: 0] @Black: ???

Wasp Queen: 18/50 HP | 20 DMG

@Black

Black hummed lightly in response to her theory about the whereabouts of Red Players. He hoped for their sake she was right. It was in his nature to be vigilant, the enemies in this terrain weren’t only digital beasts but humanity as well. Black knew how far some were willing to go and he was helpless to do much about it. This world wasn’t like the conventional he had known full of tanks, assault rifles, artillery and air support to face off against a foe. It was just nonsense and numbers. You could put all the power you ever wanted into a strike and barely comeback leaving a ding in a monsters HP bar.  Unlike what Katagawa had done to the wasp as she unleashed a flurry of an assault.

“Holy shi-..” Black gasped as he looked at the wasps health bar. “You hit like a truck!” He exclaimed in surprise to see just how much damage she can do and noticing the stun she inflicted. “Alright, I’m going in!” He called out as he dashed forward to strike, but it seemed that his slice had somehow missed the mark as he swung too early. To be fair, he was still getting used to the combat system and began to narrow his eyes at the wasp’s remaining HP, not wavering in the slightest at his mistake. "Might need to buy some accuracy gear..."

Spoiler

Roll ID: 106592 
BD: 4 (Fail) 

[H: 2] @Katagawa: 200/200 HP | 16/20 EN (-4 sword art) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC | 9-10 PARA
[H: 0] @Black: 20/20 HP 1/2 EN (Bedroom Buff) | 1 DMG | 18 MIT 

Wasp Queen: 18/50 HP | 20 DMG

@Katagawa

Edited by Black

Hokori watched as Black went after the wasp. He didn't seem to do any damage, but it gave her enough time to prep for her next strike. "Watch out!" Shouting towards him, she hoped they would get out of the way before her attack came crashing towards them. She went for a horizontal swing this time, catching the queen as it was rising back up into the air. The first strike cut off a wing, the second spin its stinger, the third knocked it down, and finally the fourth knocked its head off. The queen shattered into many pixels and Hokori was left with just her and Black standing there in the field. "Now that wasn't so hard was it?" She flashed a smile towards him. The exhilaration of her attacks was nice, though she did feel like it was not what she should do. It would be much more interesting and efficient if she was able to keep the damage off of others while they dealt it all for her. Though some found it boring, she found fun in optimizing as much as she could.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106603

BD: 6 + 1 = 7 - hit

MD: paralyzed

[H: 3] @Katagawa: 200/200 HP | 13/20 EN (+1 regen; -4 sword art) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC | 9-10 PARA
[H: 0] @Black: 20/20 HP 1/2 EN (Bedroom Buff) | 1 DMG | 18 MIT 

Wasp Queen: 0/50 HP | 20 DMG

Black leaped out of the fray as his body jerked in response to Katagawa's warning her sword arts were masterful in motion as she weaved a pattern of death and discord into the wasp beast. “Wow, you carved her up like a thanksgiving turkey…” Black lavished her with praise. “Good kill...that little effect you had there...was the first sword art a stun move or what?” He said looking perplexed as none of his current sword arts were able to do such a thing. “And here I thought the wasps sting was going to have an effect to sting you...I guess you came with a stinger of your own.” He scoffed in an amused manner as something caught his ears.

“Wait..hold up. You hear that?” As he turned to the sound of vicious flapping wings it seemed a Wasp Soldier had come to avenge the queen as he flew directly in their direction.

Black shifted back to Katagawa's rear brandishing his scimitar and prepping to charge. “Time for a little more crowd control, huh? Before reinforcements arrive?”

Bee Soldier 100/100 HP 30 DMG

"It's nothing, really" Hokori was doing her best to play off her strengths, not wanting to take so much praise. "I just have a status effect on my weapon. Got it special ordered from one of the player shops who gives a nice discount to players just getting their footing in the game." It really wasn't all that special, and she was thinking about switching weapon types anyways. The weapon she had just didn't feel like it was her kind of weapon. And the heavy armor was not fitting for her at all. Though she had done very little combat in any sense back in the real world, she did enjoy being able to use her shorter height as a way to out-speed opponents.There didn't seem to be anyone to follow for that idea though, at least not as a defensive option. It seemed there were those that used it for offense as a secondary defense, but no one used it as a tank build.

She was stopped when Black had found another wasp. It seemed to be coming back towards the nest they were leaving right now. "Let me open him up again. I know you might have things to help out, but I'd rather you not get hit by this thing. It seems a little bit tougher, so I'll lead forward." With that, she quickly made her way forward and opened with the same vertical spinning move as before. Though it might be a little repetitive to use on repeat, it was still something that she could do. It hit the wasp, though it was still in the air as she felt frozen from the end lag of the move.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106607

BD: 6 + 1 = 7 - hit (7 * 4 = 28 damage)

[H: 1] @Katagawa: 200/200 HP | 10/20 EN (+1 regen; -4 sword art) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC | 9-10 PARA
[H: 0] @Black: 20/20 HP 1/2 EN (Bedroom Buff) | 1 DMG | 18 MIT 

Bee soldier: 72/100 HP | 20 DMG

Black could appreciate her modesty as she elected to show humility with her skills thus far. He pegged her as a reserved fighter with graciousness at her core, both in mannerisms and in battle. Still, she afforded him an opportunity to look into things he had not done already. The thought of analyzing the different enchantments and mods began to seem more relative than before as he considered opportunities and combinations to make  himself either an impenetrable fortress or a walking behemoth. He listened to her express her concerns bearing his safety in mind. “Roger that, Fireteam Leader.” He jibed, heeding her admonishes. He knew all too well the concept of instant obedience to orders in terms of warfare.

He knew the superiority of nation’s militaries that worked together as a cohesive unit rather than acting as a bunch of skirmishers, running out on a battlefield seeking independent glory. The cohesive and disciplined unit always crushed the other as the pages of history would tell. He noticed her accuracy and finesse in using the blade. Repetitive, but effective. He had gotten used to it by now. Rules of engagement, formations, methods of clearing buildings. Everything was based on learning fundamentals and repeating them time and time again. Such was the way with training. He would learn until it became second nature to him, as perhaps she had.

After watching the glory of her initiation, he would relax as he observed his meager energy bar replenish back to full. He noted that he still had his rested buff, which allowed him to use one more skill at a low cost, then follow up with another, before he couldn’t rely on sword arts for a time. She already knocked off a third of it’s HP, if we can keep this up, we’re gucci. The city-bred veteran from the urban streets of Houston thought while we prepared himself to follow up after her next strike.

Spoiler

[H: 1] @Katagawa: 200/200 HP | 10/20 EN (+1 regen; -4 sword art) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC | 9-10 PARA
[H: 0] @Black: 20/20 HP 2/2 EN (Bedroom Buff) | 1 DMG | 18 MIT 

Bee soldier: 72/100 HP | 20 DMG

@Katagawa

Edited by Black

The wasp was already coming back at her, though the stinger did puncture her armor and get to her health bar, it also took back some damage from the spiked pauldrons she had on. As it retracted from the pain it felt, Hokori burst into a horizontal spinning circle. The wasp was to close and couldn't back out in time. Of course, ti tried to go up out of the way, but she saw it coming and adjusted to have the last two spins be vertical, slamming the insect into the ground. It twitched a little bit as it laid on the ground, the paralysis from her blade taking effect. "Get it now!" It wouldn't be able to last much longer, it's health was already dipping into the red and would probably die in one hit from her or two from Black. regardless, there was no way it was going to get another attack off against her.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106673

MD: 6 - hit (20 - 17 = 3 DMG; 18 THN returned)

BD: 10 - major crit (7 + 2 * 4 = 36; paralyzed)

[H: 3] @Katagawa: 197/200 HP | 7/20 EN (+1 regen; -4 sword art) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC | 9-10 PARA
[H: 0] @Black: 20/20 HP 2/2 EN (Bedroom Buff) | 1 DMG | 18 MIT 

Bee soldier: 18/100 HP | 20 DMG

Black watched with envy as the woman cleaved through the wasp. Her motions were fluid and graceful and she was far more accurate with her attacks than other adventures he had seen that had the trouble of missing numerous times in a row, only managing to kill an enemy through the luck of having the thorns enchantment to their armor.

She seemed to have a fairly good assessment of how to make do with her gear and achieved her desired result as the foe she faced became a literal crit magnet for her. Black arched a brow and then smirked as she called on his aid. He focused on the fight and darted forward summoning what power he had and exhausting his energy to an empty pool as he lunged forward with a punishing Rage Blow dealing a sliver of damage to the paralyzed wasp as it sliced through it's chest. Black was happy to get a piece of the action. “And here comes Katagawa with the big flyswatter…” He quipped as he eyed her preparing her next strike.

Spoiler

ID: 106674 BD 8- HIT (4 DMG) 

[H: 3] @Katagawa: 197/200 HP | 7/20 EN (+1 regen; -4 sword art) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC | 9-10 PARA
[H: 0] @Black: 20/20 HP 0/2 EN (Bedroom Buff) | 2 DMG | 18 MIT 

Bee soldier: 14/100 HP | 20 DMG

Edited by Black

As Black came in with his own attack, she watched as the bee slowly picked itself up. She tried to activate a sword art to finish it off, but the hefty strike was unable to connect with the now quick-moving bee. A scowl coming across her face, she quickly went to go place herself between the bee and Black. "Stay behind me for now, attack as soon as you see an opening." Hopefully, the Bee would impale itself on her armor, though it was not a certainty. As it stood now, she could at least hold off against it for quite some time. There was a thought in the back of her mind that had wished she had grabbed some sort of passive healing ability. That would mean she could probably hold out against this thing almost indefinitely. As it was though, she wasn't taking enough damage to be worried about dying. She would make sure that Black could get away before she got close to going down.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106678

BD: 3+1 = 4 - miss

MD: paralyzed

[H: 3] @Katagawa: 197/200 HP | 6/20 EN (+1 regen; -2 miss) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC | 9-10 PARA
[H: 1] @Black: 20/20 HP 0/2 EN (Bedroom Buff) | 2 DMG | 18 MIT 

Black retracted his blade as he noticed her attack go awry. He wasn't anxious to just get hits in. He was more concerned about staying alive and not doing anything stupid. He held a conservative approach to combat band prioritized everyone's safety first. He wasn't bothered by being the weakest link on the team, so long as he didn't prove to be a burden to the others. He knew all to well the unspoken fear of witnessinba player die in a party due to a careless mistake. 

He wanted to be responsible and accountable for his own life. Keeping his feet planted in the rear, he kept his distance, analyzing the situation and notih there would be a high chance the enemy would be dead in the next phase and they could return peacefully and collect the reward. The only thing left to do now was simply bide his time, so he just rested and restored half of his energy supply while Kat stood off against the Wasp, until he noticed a second Wasp Soldier heading in to assist the weakened Wasp. 

"Look alive, there's another one on your tail!" 

Edited by Black

Hokori was backing up as the Wasp came in to hit her through a small opening in her armor once more. It seemed to not be as effective as she thought it would be. She was quickly backing up though as Black mentioned another one coming. "We're going to have to dodge around it, I can't keep this up for much longer. I can take their hits but I don't have the energy to keep fighting back." At the rate she was losing energy just trying to be on the defensive, she probably only had a couple mroe good swings in her. What she would give for a way to gain back some energy. Hopefully the second soldier wouldn't notice the fight. For now, the first was still focused on her, but that would only hold for so long. She needed to finish off this fight as soon as possible.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106686

BD: 3+1 = 4 - miss

MD: 10 - major crit (20 + 2 - 17 = 5 damage)

[H: 3] @Katagawa: 192/200 HP | 5/20 EN (+1 regen; -2 miss) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC | 9-10 PARA

The condition and fluctuation of her voice let him know that things weren't exactly going so smooth. She might have been exhausting her strongest sword arts just to ensure his survival. Black's eyes noticed her swing missing and the wasps hitting seemingly vital points. As the other wasp moved around the open field, Black skirted around the edge. He considered his options, balancing his choices. He recalled the hate factor that she had mentioned and judging my the way she didn't land a blow, his duty was to just sit tight and not get in her way. He'd only help when she asked or if he was absolutely sure he could engage without risk of screwing up. 

He did his best to try not to draw attention to himself and keep as much distance as possible between him and the new bee. While the woman mentioned an issue with her energy, he started to think about if cooks had any recipes that might alleviate that issue. He liked to be a man of contingencies with something on him to handle any problem on the battlefield. It was part of the reason he chose to be a cook. However that would have to wait for later as he kept his scimitar close to his chest, wondering if Kat might attack the weaker one or let her armor take care of him while diverting her remaining resources at the stronger opponent. 

@Katagawa

The bee soldier went in for an attack against her once more, and this Time Hokori was able to dodge out of the way. As she did, she charged up a sword art and swung her blade behind her. The blade barely clipped the end of the stinger and she got the behind the back kill. Though it may have looked impressive from the right angle, she knew just how close she had to have gotten. There was a little sign that put another of her skills on cool-down. Thankfully, she would be able to disengage from this fight. Picking up the rewards she turned away from the other bee soldier. "Come on, let's get out of here. I don't have the energy to cover you against that other Bee soldier. I'll split the rewards with you as best as I can once we're back in town." Hopefully, Black would trust her enough that they could get out of this sticky situation.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106688

BD: 4+1 = 5 + 1 = 6 - hit (concentration used; 7 * 2 = 14 damage)

MD: 2 - miss

[H: 4] @Katagawa: 192/200 HP | 4/20 EN (+1 regen; -2 sword art) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 1 ACC | 9-10 PARA

Bee soldier: 0/100 HP | 20 DMG

Loot: ID: #106689 - LD: 6 - CD: 9 - 400 Col and 1x T1 Mat

Black took his time shifting about in the background staying from the natural detection radius of the monster while he waited on Kat to dispatch the other. As she nimbly evaded Black muttered “Good kill.” He was more than satisfied with the conclusion and listened up as she called for them to fall back. Without hesitation, he darted after her. He felt that she had placed trust in him to not get greedy and reckless and he didn't want to put her in a position to where she was struggling to fight mobs when she didn't have to. He wanted to optimize his time as much as possible.

Once they vacated the area, they came across a river where Black stopped to rest. “I think we’re clear here. We can search around and see if we can find anything useful. After that, I think I need to do something to get better gear. “ Black stated as he searched along the river for some kind of item that might be a useful ingredient for a cooking recipe, but he didn't seem to find anything worthwhile.

“There's usually always some sort of chest near bosses in this other MMO I used to play..I wonder if it works the same way here.” He queried, looking to Kat to get her thoughts on the matter.

@Katagawa

ID- 106693 - (Gather Fail)

Edited by Black

The two were able to get away from the immediate area without too much trouble, and Hokori was taking a breather by the river while Black looked for more materials for himself. She knew that she should probably start learning to craft sooner than later, but had yet to get around to doing the quest for a profession. As he talked about looking for a chest, she skipped a rock into the river. The mud started to twist a little bit from the splash of her failed attempt and revealed something that seemed to be glinting in the shallow water. Hefting it up, it appeared to be some sort of chest. "You mean something like this," she said, calling Black over. She waited for him to come over, so that the two of them could open it together. Whatever was in it though, she was intending on splitting just like the rewards from the mob they had taken down moments ago.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106695

LD: 20 - chest found

@Black