[PP-F01] (Black, Katagawa) Gearing up <<Nature's Treasure>>

Sometime after their journey killing the Wasp Queen, Black had decided to accompany Katagawa and learn the ropes more about what it took to survive. The main thing he noticed that he lacked was sufficient gear to contend with the higher level mobs in the area. He also needed Col to upgrade equipment and mats to use for his crafting exploits. There was so much that needed to be done, but as far as he was concerned it was a worthy investment of time. After their arduous trek back to the first floor, they began to roam around in a garden. The open field provided great visibility under the open skies as daylight still shined bright at high noon.

Black drank water from his canteen as he scoped out the terrain. “Heads up, we got goblins!” He shouted out as he motioned over to two Goblin Minions patrolling, carrying small daggers in their hands. “I’ll let you engage and I’ll be ready to follow up.”

Spoiler

Black HP: 60/60 Energy: 6 MIT: 18 DMG: 2
@Katagawa

Goblin Minion A 30/30 DMG: 9
Goblin Minion B 30/30 DMG: 9

Edited by Black

The two of them had made it down to the first floor after fighting the wasp queen up on the second floor. Though it wasn't as good of a reward as she was hoping, perhaps there would be a bit better of pickings down here. As they walked through a garden, she decided to switch the gear she had equipped. The feather talisman she had gotten from a shop on the fourth floor was rather nice looking, plus it would hopefully make her quite a bit faster.

Of course, this peace was quickly interrupted by Black spotting a pair of goblins. She nodded to his plan and rushed in to take on the goblins. Of course, she hadn't charged her sword up yet, so the goblins had plenty of time to dodge her attacks. She wasn't too worried though, so long as Black hung back for a bit she could sit here and dodge their attacks as well. Hopefully he would have the wits about him to not pull the goblins attention.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106675 - BD: 3 - miss

[H: 0/0] @Katagawa: 200/200 HP | 28/20 EN (-2 miss) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 3 EVA | 9-10 PARA
[H: 0/0] @Black: ???

Goblin A: 30/30 HP | 9 DMG
Goblin B: 30/30 HP | 9 DMG

Black maintained a level head having full confidence in the simple synergy they shared in approaching every situation with extreme caution and taking a practical approach to vanquishing whatever stood in their path. What he lacked in strength he made up for in common sense and reliability. The only danger was in not noticing adds and making risky plays. Neither of which were things Black particularly care for. 

He loved the thrill of combat, but the odds weren't in his favor to be reckless. Aggressiveness to early on was a weakness. He stayed back and was content to eat his candy while keeping his concentration on waiting for an opening. 

He had not fought two enemies from the start at full health and he figured that the monsters on this lower floor were likely to be weaker than what they faced already. So long as they played it smart, they should score some decent loot. 

Hokori was glad that Black was still hanging back and letting her grab their attention first. As she spun up her sword art once more, she managed to knock away the first goblin into a stone wall. It's health bar dropped fairly low and she decided it would be best if she left it to him. He would probably get better rewards for killing it than her and then they could split it up. For now, her focus was on keeping the second goblin on her. It took a swing at her, and though her trinket kicked in, it seemed as though her heavy armor was slowing her down considerably. The blade connected and the reach was enough that the creature didn't take any damage in return. Making sure to keep it away from Black, she positioned herself between the two goblins so as to prevent them from attacking her twice in the front.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106691 - BD: 6 - hit (7 * 4 = 28 DMG) | MD: 2 - miss

Roll ID: #10692 - MD: 9 - minor crit (9 + 1 - 17 = 1 DMG)

[H: 1/0] @Katagawa: 199/200 HP | 15/20 EN (+1 regen; -4 sword art) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 3 EVA | 9-10 PARA
[H: 0/0] @Black: ???

Goblin A: 2/30 HP | 9 DMG
Goblin B: 30/30 HP | 9 DMG

Black was starting to wish he had brought some snacks along for their adventure. He had plenty of opportunities to just munch away while Katagawa did most of the heavy lifting. He considered a way he could thank her later by taking a moment to get a feel for her playstyle. Once he assessed what her goals were, he could potentially make some food that would help benefit the both of them. The way she had already hit like a rhino was making Black wonder how she would perform if given some snacks that boost her damage or accuracy so she could be an unrelenting machine of death. He didn’t have to worry about that too much, though, as she was already proving to be quite a deadly  force as she slammed a creature into a wall. That was his cue, he dashed over to the monster noticing his HP was low. Black was second guessing whether or not to use a sword art or adminish a regular attack and after his overthinking, he had realized that he had missed the opportunity and just swung his sword at the goblin to keep it away, but he missed as it seemed more focused on getting back at Kat than toying around with him.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106694 - BD - 5 - Miss

[H: 1/0] @Katagawa: 199/200 HP | 15/20 EN (+1 regen; -4 sword art) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 3 EVA | 9-10 PARA
[H: 0/0] @Black: 60/60 HP | 6 EN | 2 DMG | 18 MIT 

Goblin B: 30/30 HP | 9 DMG

Edited by Black

Hokori watched as Black narrowly missed taking out the first goblin, and was unable to get to it herself now. Thankfully, it seemed to be still be focused on her. As such, she was able to dodge out of its way. She quickly began to spin herself at the other goblin, hoping to leave the first for black to finish off himself. It would be much better if he could get the rewards from it and not her. Thee second goblin was thrown back by her attacks and completely stunned as well. She turned her attention towards dodging the first goblin's attacks to let Black get in some hits of his own.

Let's just hope that he can land a hit. I'm hoping I don't end up killing these things by accident myself. Of course, this tinket is making it very hard for them to hit me for whatever little amount of damage they can. I don't think it will be a worry until they lose interest in me. That shouldn't happen unless he somehow hits them without killing them.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106742 - BD: 7 - hit (7 * 4 = 28 DMG) | MD: 8 - 3 = 5 - miss

Roll ID: #106743 - MD: 3 - 3 = 0 - miss

[H: 1/1] @Katagawa: 199/200 HP | 12/20 EN (+1 regen; -4 sword art) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 3 EVA | 9-10 PARA
[H: 0/0] @Black: ???

Goblin B: 2/30 HP | 9 DMG

Black watched as Kat slipped past the enemies with nimble grace. Her artful style of combat and cleverness in crowd management afforded him the opportunity to keep killing the mobs in rotation. He sprints into the combat to score the kill and hopefully score some good loot. Once the monster shifted and got off balance trying to attack Katagawa as he drove his blade through the monster’s back, noting that his blade had sliced completely through it before it shrieked and died. He widened his eyes as his eyes turned like a wolf among the pack towards his next target. He noticed the fragility of his foes after Kat attacked them with that powerful attack. He was trying to adjust to his weapon during the battle. He was still new and barely had the skills or enhancements to make his blade strike true, a matter he would seek to fix later.

“Alright, one down, one to go, keep alert though, I think we stumbled on a goblin camp..I see some smoke from the woods over there..looks like a campfire.” Black warns, though he was pretty much the only one who needed to watch out given that he was the fledgling in this operation.

ID - 106747 BD- 7
ID - 106748 LD- 7 CD 5
Rewards: 120 Col (60) Bonus Col (2) T1 Mat + 5% Col from Col Stash (9 COL)

Edited by Black

Hokori watched as Black was able to take down the first of the goblins, and quickly dodged out of the way of the other. It seemed that the talisman she had gotten was actually really nice for this combat. Though it meant she couldn't get the spikes from her armor to hit them when they did connect, they were very rarely able to make that connection. "You finish off the second one, I'll try and keep him off of you!" She didn't want to take down the creature herself, but she was able to make sure it didn't turn its attention towards Black.  Once he mentioned their being another camp, she made sure not to leave her back unguarded. It may hinder her evasiveness a little bit, but she would avoid getting stabbed in the back when more showed up. It seemed that they were going to be here grinding mobs anyways, so more goblins coming shouldn't be a problem.

Spoiler

ROll ID: #106915

MD: 5 - 3 = 2 - miss

[H: 1/1] @Katagawa: 199/200 HP | 13/20 EN (+1 regen) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 3 EVA | 9-10 PARA
[H: 0/0] @Black: 60/60 HP | 4/6 EN | 2 DMG | 18 MIT 

Goblin A: 0/30 HP | 9 DMG

Black enjoyed the success of his mission as he got the alert of the col and materials being added to the groups selective supply. He certainly wanted more of it as he had quite a few expensive purchases that he had to make. Working together with Kat seemed to help him out a lot with his goals and he wanted to work hard to help her as well. 

He watched the remaining goblin for a few moments, feeling a bit concerned by how it kept hopping side to side to try to get an angle on Kat. After the Goblin swung and missed, Black saw it as an opportunity and ran up from behind. The sound of his heavy armor rattled and alerted the Goblin as it turned and parried his blow out of the way with a dagger , rendering his sword art useless. 

He was taken by surprise at this and staggered a few steps back as he was knocked of balance. Checking his own health bar, he recognize the parry did no damage, but once he saw Katagawa turn he saw another Mob spawn near them. "Dang it, there's more of them, Kat. I'll focus on this one if you can handle the others. " 

@Katagawa

Miss

Edited by Black

Hokori was doing her best to keep the goblin that was here on her, but there was not much stopping it from parrying Black's attack. without waiting for it to change directions, she quickly smacked it in the back of the head with her pommel. It didn't take it out, but did draw its attention back towards her. She was able to make sure that as it struck at her, her blade was ready to intercept it. Black shouted out that there was another Goblin headed their way. It seemed it wasn't quite ready to jump into the fight thankfully. She made a mental note to engage it as soon as she could. She didn't want Black to have to take the attack from it if she could help it. "Try not to engage if you can help it. We can take this out first and then make our approach on the next group."

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106823

MD: 6 - 3 = 3 - miss

[H: 1/1] @Katagawa: 199/200 HP | 14/20 EN (+1 regen) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 3 EVA | 9-10 PARA
[H: 0/0] @Black: 60/60 HP | 3/6 EN | 2 DMG | 18 MIT 

Black was having trouble on the battlefield as everything seemed to be moving more quickly when considering how different martial combat was from the combat style he was used to in the United States Marine Corps. Most of the firefights he was used to was engaging enemies at a distance. The only time he had to engage in close quarters combat where melee weapons had to be in use was during his martial arts training against other Marines. Though he had about an intermediate level of training, most of that combat was either with hand to hand or the infamous K-Bar knife. The use of swords and shields was only something he felt he had used for a few weekends larping, so he was uncoordinated as his sword swung over a goblin that had ducked under his attack. Black cussed at the annoyance of stats affecting his abilities to perform combat and gritted his teeth in anger. 

@Neopolitan

ID-106825 
BD-5 Miss

Edited by Black

Hokori grunted as she landed from another dodged attack of the goblin. "Let the attack guide you, the game will assist in your targeting. Don't just rely on whatever training you have." Though she had had no experience whatsoever coming into this game, she was able to work harder and use the game's assists to her advantage. She noticed that there was two more goblins approaching them and were starting to close in. She quickly made her way around Black to get their attention. Hopefully he would be able to finish off the second goblin while she kept the third and fourth off of him. She unleashed a sword art at one of the goblins, and realized that she ended up spinning it to death. It shattered as it hit the wall. "I'll keep this one off of you, make sure to take the one you're on out! Try to get the last hit, we'll get better rewards"

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106852

BD: 9 - minor crit (7 + 1 = 8 * 4 = 36 damage)

MD: 3 - 3 = 0 - miss

[H: 1/1] @Katagawa: 199/200 HP | 11/20 EN (+1 regen; -4 sword art) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 3 EVA | 9-10 PARA
[H: 0/0] @Black: 60/60 HP | 2/6 EN | 2 DMG | 18 MIT 

Goblin C: 0/30 HP | 9 DMG
Goblin D: 30/30 HP | 9 DMG

Katagawa definitely seemed the more nimble of the two. Perhaps if Black had maybe actually read a guide on how to use the nerve gear better or didn't spend the first few months in the town of beginnings he might be better off. Given the fact he had a late start, it was no wonder why he was stumbling all over the place. As the woman spoke to him, he tried to remember that key detail: this was simply a game, he had to play it as such. The battlefield here was artificial, and had mechanics behind the scenes that he had to grasp and be aware of. He listened to the player's words and tried to focus on utilizing the aim assist features instead of stubbornly abandoning them, he gave it some time for his sword art to charge and once he felt his sword moving on his own, he darted forth and sliced the goblin right in half.

"Hey, not bad. Thanks for the tip, now let's keep up the momentum!"

Spoiler

ID-106860 

BD-6 - Hit
MD-4 

ID- 106861 - LD 19 
Loot reward: (90) Col + (4) Col + 4 T1 Mats

H: 1/1] @Katagawa: 199/200 HP | 11/20 EN (+1 regen; -4 sword art) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 3 EVA | 9-10 PARA
[H: 0/0] @Black: 60/60 HP | 4/6 EN | 2 DMG | 18 MIT 

Goblin B: 0/30 HP | 9 DMG

Goblin D: 30/30 HP | 9 DMG

Edited by Black

Without waiting to see if the other goblin was even attacking, Hokori laid her blade into a flat spin and shattered it as well as she had the previous one. She nodded towards black, seeing that he had finished off the one in front of him as well. "Let's take a short rest so we can get back some energy. Shouldn't take too long, but I'd rather be ready for the next fight and not run out of the stamina to attack them with." She was a bit sad that she wasn't able to get all of the loot she had hoped for, though she wasn't able to delegate the last two goblin kills to Black. "I should probably hold back a little bit, shouldn't I?" she gave a short laugh, trying to lighten the mood a little bit. Though the lack of loot was sad, she at least knew that the both of them would be safe.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #106996

BD: 9 - minor crit

MD: dead

[H: 1/1/2/2] @Katagawa: 199/200 HP | 8/20 EN (+1 regen; -4 sword art) | 7 DMG | 18 THN | 17 MIT | 3 EVA | 9-10 PARA
[H: 1/1/0/0] @Black: 60/60 HP | 4/6 EN | 2 DMG | 18 MIT 

Goblin B: 0/30 HP | 9 DMG

Goblin D: 0/30 HP | 9 DMG

Black was surprised that she had been able to one shot the mobs in the area so easily. 'Dang..that girl is tough as nails...' He thought as she shattered the goblin into little tiny pieces as if she was sliding paper through a paper shredder. As the goblin turned to particles of dust, all that remained was the woman who casually talked to him after massacres galore on a horde of monsters with sharp daggers. "Hmm...maybe just a little. Though, if I had things coming at me with knives..I'd probably show them no mercy, too." He chuckles lightly. "Crazy how a lot of things in this game just walk up to you and try to kill you."

He flashes a light upbeat smile. "Even crazier how some of them are richer than some people are when they first leave the town of beginnings after blowing all their starter Col." 

Upon hearing about the brief rest, Black proceeded to relax and let his energy restore and take a moment to search the immediate area for items, not finding much of anything useful. 

@Katagawa

ID-106999 - LD-3 (Fail) 

Edited by Black

Though the compliment from Black didn't go unheard, Hokori decided it would be best to ignore it for now. It was likely meant just to be heard by him anyways. She sheathed her sword across her back once more, letting it rest horizontally along her back. "I mostly want to hold back to let you get used to the system more. You've been doing great, but I don't want to create any sort of dependency. We all need to get strong if we want to escape this death game." She listened more to Black as he talked, gently resting herself against a wall. She could hear her mother's voice in her head, saying how un-lady-like she was being. Of course, that voice got drowned out rather quickly like the breeze through her short hair. She had long given up trying to be feminine for her mother when she was constantly teased for being the girl in the college. "I guess they just have some lucky drops. Though I'm probably going to be a bit broke myself if I decide to refund my skills."

Spoiler

ROll ID: #107001

LD: 10 - no mats found

@Black

Black took time to relax after a much needed breather. Things were starting to smoother for him, however, in terms of navigating the game. He felt as if he was going through some type of makeshift tutorial, but was happy to have Kat by his side. She seemed to be doing pretty okay on making sure they play it safe with as few close calls as possible. 

To be fair, he was grateful to be alive, the more health he had, the stronger he felt he was when it came to combat and ultimately surviving as he at least could survive a few attacks from weaker mobs by now. 

"Dependency? " Black chuckled. "Nah, you're fine. I'm learning the ropes. Though, let me tell you.. If thus was a shooter, I'd already be on floor fifty by now ." He takes a moment of ease to laugh at himself and his mess ups during the fight. "Well, if we need all the col we can find, maybe we could look to see what type of treasure chests this place might have for us." Black suggests. 

@Katagawa

ID- 107004 LD 8 - Fail (Gathering fail) 

Edited by Black

Reaching down to grab one of the items marked as a material up off the ground, Hokori quickly came back over to where Black was. She laughed along with him at his own witticism. "I don't doubt that, though there would probably end up being someone who would best you with no experience and only the game's systems. Who knows, maybe if there are VRMMOs after this we can look for a gun based one and we can give it a try." It was nice being around a guy who was actually nice to her for once. Though she was still being treated like another guy for them to hang out with, it was at least not encroaching into the weirdness of those who wanted to have it both ways. Perhaps the two of them could work together more often, though she decided to save that conversation for a later date.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #107099

LD: 19 - mat found

@Black

Black shot Kat a thumbs up after noticing how observant she was at finding items. "You got good eyes. You collecting those for a certain type of craft? Going for any type of profession or hobby?" He said casually trying to get to know his partner for the operation or acquiring gear. 

After she laughs about his talk of games he smirks and looks at her with his dark brown eyes. "Heh, getting wrecked by some three sixty no scope or camper...that'd be pretty stupid. If any game like that comes out, I'd love to be able to use something explosive. I used rocket launchers and build bombs for a living in the Marines. You ever heard of C4? Yep I worked with that almost every day." He grinned as she shared a part of himself with her. 

He rubbed his chin for a moment then thought of something. "You seriously would try another VRMMORPG after this? Most people would be terrified" He laughed. "I'd love to see Kayaba wrapped around in C4...that ***hole deserves it." Black mutters as he walks over to her side. "So you ever think about the frontlines? You fight pretty well. Keep training like you are...I'm sure you'll accomplish a lot. " He then smirks as says "Or maybe this is just one small step to treasure hunting, hm?" 

@Katagawa

Spoiler

ID- 107105 LD-20 

2 T1 Mats found

Edited by Black

It weas nice to be able to chat a bit more casually with someone. Of course, it was still not the best for her. Ever since she had gone to university, she had longed to be able to have a conversation with other women. The few that were there at the university with her were either just there to find themselves a man to latch on to, complete airheads who got in on parent's money, or both. She gave a cursory glance aroudn the area. "Guess it's about time we call it here I guess. I hope to see you around sometime in the future." It would be good to see how the two of them were progressing. She wasn't going for the fastest route of progression, but she was trying her best not to continue to fall behind. Divying up the resources they found as best as possible, she turned away towards the Town of Beginnings.

Spoiler

ROll ID: #107110

LD: 1 - no chest :(