[Floor 3/PP] 'Boops are better than bumps'

The girl smiled as she saw the elf turn to fight her. She was its sole focus, as it was the only focus on her single visible eye. While fear radiated throughout her body, it was the a good time to learn how to fight. After all, a creature like this would be considered weak, and with her items…

The boy struck while she was thinking, driving his spear into the creatures chest. That seemed to anger the elf even more, and it charged right at her as it dawned in her sharpened mind.

Even if Shiro is the one striking him, the taunt ability I used…It must override what would be considered standard behaviour…’

Her thoughts, much like the elf, came crashing down and she watched with indifference as the monster had completely failed to strike her. She frowned.

“Was that…meant to happen?” She asked as she took a step forwards, and raised the blade into the air, and swung it at the elf. The blow managed to connect, and the girl frowned. This felt…different, being the one to attack…She wasn’t a fan of it.

Spoiler

ID: 108338

BD: 6 <Hit>

Basic Strike 1DMG

Huginn: 20/20 HP | 1/2 EN | 2 DMG | 1 PARA

Jinx: 300/300 HP | 20/30 EN | 27 MIT | 1 DMG

Elf: 7/12 HP | 9 DMG

Shiro pulls his spear up, pulling it back and driving it into the elf next to him. “This is less bothersome than I thought it was gonna be.” He says, flipping back, landing next to the girl with an eyepatch. Hm. I thought this was gonna suck, a lot less so now. He sits on the ground looking up at the girl. The elf’s sword comes moving in towards the girl, but he appears to be more affected by the stab wound than previously thought. The sword falls a few inches short of the girl next to Shiro. The blade lands right in between the boy’s legs. Really close to his waist, the boy looks at the elf. “That was too close.” He pushes the elf away with his foot and lays back. This is actually pretty bothersome. It just makes everything boring when there’s someone else here. He scoots back and leans against a tree nearby. Not knowing what else to do for a bit, He pulls out his violin and begins to play pure imagination from an old movie called Willy wonka and the chocolate factory.

ID: 108453

BD: 6

Hit

7 - 2 = 5 HP

MD: 3

Miss

Huginn: 20/20 HP | 1/2 EN | 2 DMG | 1 PARA

Jinx: 300/300 HP | 20/30 EN | 27 MIT | 1 DMG

Elf: 5/12 HP | 9 DMG

@Jinx

Edited by Huginn

The girl tried to focus on the sword of the Elf, but it was starting to blur for her. She knew her brain was starting to overload…but she would survive it, hopefully. She felt her entire body tense up as the sword was swung at her, and she raised her own to try and catch it. However, the blow never came!

Instead, the girl looked at the Elf who seemed…injured? In those very moments, she felt…bad for what she was doing. She knew it wasn’t real, but….She couldn’t not feel bad for the Elf. She looked at the sword in her hand, and knew…she couldn’t strike at it…

“Keep your eyes on me…” She said, kneeling down to the elf “It’ll be over soon…” She said kindly, unaware that the creature couldn’t’ feel pain like she could…but that didn’t stop her from feeling bad for it.  She turned to her ally, about to ask for him to make it quick for the elf…

That’s when she spotted the violin?! Since when did he had one of those? “…I thought you said you didn’t have one of those?” She was confused. He had mentioned he wanted to give her a violin before, yet he had it already…?

Ability: Howl 

[3] Huginn: 20/20 HP | 1/2 EN | 2 DMG | 1 PARA 

Elf: 10/12 HP | 9 DMG

[7] Jinx : 300/300 HP | 11/30 EN | 27 MIT

Shiro pulls his spear back out, trading in his violin for a more effective weapon. “No way in hell am I gonna pass up the perfect opportunity for an attack.” He stands up and lunges, plunging the spear into the elves chest. He jumps backwards and spins. To have to fight this thing even though it’s done nothing to hurt me or this girl. It was harassing those shop owners however. His face distorts to reveal how angry he is. Messing with people who don’t want you around. You’re a real class A guy aren’t you? The elf rushes towards the girl with the eye patch and Shiro watches, hoping she can handle it. The elf, filled with rage, swings above his head and the blade gets caught on a branch. This guy is in way over his head. Heh, I didn’t even mean to do that. He lets out a small chuckle. Something he has almost never done before. I’m a funny guy aren’t I? He sits back down, this time making sure to not pull out his violin and get distracted.

ID: 108475

BD: 6

Hit

5 - 2 = 3 HP

MD: 2

Miss

Elf: 3/12 HP | 9 DMG

[7] Jinx : 300/300 HP | 11/30 EN | 27 MIT

@Jinx

Edited by Huginn

The girl could only watch as Shiro made another attack against the elf, and managed to shove his spear inside the chest of the elf once again! She found herself flinching at the fighting that was happening, after all, why did the elf deserve to die…? What right did they have to claim the life of something like him? Even if it was just a machine, a bunch of code…It had the face of a person, and it was unnerving for the girl regardless.

That’s when the elf charged forwards at her! She raised her sword, but the fear that grew within her chest was too much as the closed her right eye, making her blind to the world. She waited for the blade to hit….only for nothing to come.

She opened her eye, and frowned. How had…its blade get caught in a tree? How did that even happen? She looked around, and looked at Shiro “How did…the blade get caught up there…?” She asks him, curious what happened. Issue was, she was speaking in Chinese. And if the boy didn’t have the translate function online, well…he wouldn’t understand her.

Shiro picked up his spear once again a mosied on over to the elf, picking it up and stabbing at it once more. The elf pulls up its blade and pushes the spear to its side. What the hell? It’s completely incompetent up until this point, but on its last legs of life it can find the skill to fend off an attack. It pulls up its sword once more and almost pathetically stabs towards the girl. It’s blade never connects and the elf just stands there, his energy drained and his face tired. It looks like he’s ready to die. “Would you just put him out of his misery? It’s pathetic at this point.” He says to the girl in the eyepatch. Why won’t she fight back? It’s her quest, she should do it. He walks back to her and crosses his arms. “I’m not finishing the sorry prick.” He nods towards the elf while looking at the girl. She wants the item, she can kill the damn thing herself. His face serious as he watches to see if the girl will take action or keep cool. Shiro didn’t want the elf to suffer, but he also hates doing other peoples’ jobs for them. If you want something done, do it yourself, it’s why I always protected Misako by myself. His eyes squint at the elf trying to find a reason why he won’t just give up.

ID: 108580

BD: 1

Miss

MD: 1

miss

Elf: 3/12 HP | 9 DMG

[7] Jinx : 300/300 HP | 11/30 EN | 27 MIT

@Jinx

Edited by Huginn

The girl watch Shiro ram his spear, however this time the monster managed to deflect the blow and keep itself alive. She turned to look at the boy with her single eye.  He wanted to kill it, and while she did too...Part of her felt bad, wanted to hug it and tell him it would all be ok. The creature was so weak it couldn’t even swing its blade at her!   

That’s when the boy said he wasn’t finishing the elf off, and that meant…she would have too? A wave of sadness passed over her face. She didn’t want to kill it, it looked so weak and helpless….And yet, in the back of her mind, she reminded herself it wasn’t real.

“…Sorry..he just, looks so human. I can’t not feel bad for him, even if he isn’t real” She said to the boy softly, before tightening the grip on her sword “But…I understand” She took a step forwards and swung her blade wide to try and strike the elf!

However, it would be clear the girl was unfamiliar with how to swing a blade as the strike was wide and lazy, and the elf managed to raise his own sword to block the strike! Alisea took a hesitant step backwards “He…blocked it…” She muttered, more to herself than anyone else.

ID: 108644

BD: 4 <Miss>

[7] Jinx : 300/300 HP | 11/30 EN | 27 MIT

The boy looks at her, taken back a bit by her lack of initiative. I guess she doesn’t like the whole combat thing. Now I feel bad. The boy’s hands move out of his pockets as he looks at the girl. “Listen... the poor fella is harassing the shop owners. He is doing something wrong, while not punishable by death, he did try to attack when we got here.” Shiro feels bad about forcing the girl to do this, but the girl has to fight her own fights. She must think I’m a d*ck, but I made my choice, now I have to stick by it. He tried to make himself seem reasonable in his mind, but his mind can’t hold back the feeling that what he is doing is wrong. The elf picks up his sword and slams it into the girl with the eyepatch. Darn, the elf got a hit. I need to let her fight this, but I can’t help but watch to see if she can handle it. He slips his hands back into his pockets and watches the fight. You can do this Jinx, the whole object of this game is to fight. The girl has to learn to fight even when she doesn’t want to. I did after Misako left.

ID: 108663

BD: 1

Miss

MD: 7

Elf hits Jinx

9 - 27 = 1 DMG

300 - 1 = 299 HP

[3] Huginn: 20/20 HP | 0/2 EN | 2 DMG | 1 PARA 

[7] Jinx : 299/300 HP | 11/30 EN | 27 MIT

@Jinx

Edited by Huginn

It wasn’t that Alisea didn’t understand the importance, after all, she did. Not only was this a quest, a dim-a-dozen quest that everyone would end up doing, but the elf wasn’t a human. It wasn’t a real person and, therefore, she shouldn’t be concerned with its life. And yet, she couldn’t help herself. It looked so many that every time she saw it, she couldn’t help but see it as a person.

Distracted mentally by her situation, she didn’t see the elfs weapon until it was too late and it slammed into her armour. It did a total of…1 point of damage. Alisea looked at the elf, and tightened the grip on her sword. She could do this…she had to do this.

She raised her sword in the air, and looked right into the eyes of the Elf. That proved to be the final error, as she saw the creature as just so human that she…she couldn’t bring it pain. She knew all too well what it felt like to cause pain, she’d spent years doing it by mistake.

Slowly, the girl lowered her blade “I can’t….I can’t do it” She said slowly as she took a step back and looked over at Shiro “I’m sorry, I just…I can’t do it. He looks so human, and to kill him for what is a misunderstanding….”

Alisea hasn’t fully grasped that this was just a game, and refused to let that change her decisions.  

[3] Huginn: 20/20 HP | 0/2 EN | 2 DMG | 1 PARA 

Shiro listens to the girl and shakes his head. Don’t do it Yamashiro, she’ll just exploit you. Saving her isn’t worth it. The boy’s face morphs, revealing his true emotions. His anger and hatred for himself bubbles over. He kicks his spear with his foot, spinning it up and driving it into the Elf’s gut as the player rips the spear back out. What the hell? I can’t just go around saying who is worth helping and who isn’t. That’s called being a d*ck, and I don’t want to be seen that way. Especially not by Misako. The elf’s body disappears into a blue cloud. “I’m sorry, I had no right to just put you on the spot like that.” The boy had never actually felt so bad for doing something in his life. “I was trying to help and I screwed up. I’m am truly sorry.” He moves his spear into his inventory and slides his hands in his pockets. He slides his hood over his head and frowns. “We should head back, so no more try to come and kill us.” He moves towards the town, his sadness hidden once again by an emotionless exterior. One he had used a lot since his sister disappeared. It was his favorite face to wear.

ID: 108682

BD: 10

Critical Hit

2 + 2 = 4 DMG

3 - 4 = -1 HP

[5] Huginn: 20/20 HP | 0/2 EN | 2 DMG | 1 PARA 

Elf: 0/12 HP | 9 DMG

@Jinx

Edited by Huginn

The girl felt a wave of annoyance wash through her as, even in her dulled state, she could tell Shiro was angry at her. She blinked, and suddenly, the elf was…gone? She knew, in those few moments, Shiro had killed it. She felt sadness for the elf, even if it had been harassing someone. To kill something to human for something so minor, felt wrong.

She listened to what the boy had to say, and in a way, she understood? He was trying to help her, but…maybe, she didn’t want his help. However, despite her thoughts, she simply smiled at the boy “It’s fine, I…I shouldn’t have hesitated like that. It just, looked so human I couldn’t help but…” The girl let out a soft sigh. Shiro didn’t like her because she was weak…

She started trailing after him as they made their way back to the main town, but the girl couldn’t suppress the feelings that started to bubble. Feelings she had hoped to have put far behind her, and yet, here they were…always haunting her.

The boy walked as the girl tried to explain. “No, it’s not your fault. Not everyone is as cold hearted as I am.” He slips his hands in his pockets. Misako said that after the first fight. I was ready to break their bodies and spirit, but they deserved it. They messed with my sister. He walks with his hood over his emotionless face and looks back at her. The boy’s lack of emotions faded, revealing his true feelings. He felt like he was a heartless monster. He had to be though. Emotions distract from the real, and the real was what Shiro used to protect his sister. “I’m gonna wait out here, you head in.” He sat down outside the shop in which the quest was obtained, and waited for the other player. Why do I have to be a monster? All I want to do is protect my loved ones. Why can’t I even do that? He slips his hands out and takes a drink from a bottle of Sake. He takes a drink and smiles, laying across the bench in front of the shop.

@Jinx

He said it wasn’t her fault, but it was. She was a burden on him just like she was on everyone else. She hadn’t been able to fight against that elf, and Shiro had to step in to keep her alive. Everyone she met in this game knew she was more of a hindrance than a help. Someone who would get in the way, or cause a distraction. That feeling continued to fester within the girl as they arrived at the blacksmiths store, and she quickly went inside.

The conversation with the blacksmith was quick and she picked up the quest rewards. Not that she needed it with her Black Rain Heavy Armour. She looked at the boy, and frowned. Why was he still hanging around her? He was lying on the bench, and part of the girls mind told her to leave. To stop being a pesterance around this boy and let him move on with his life.

Thank you, for coming with me” She said softly “I couldn’t have…killed the elf without you”

Shiro sat on the bench and looked up at the sky, not waiting for anything in particular to happen, just watching the time go by while he sat there. Then the girl who had helped him walked up and thanked him. This was unusual, as Shiro rarely ever helped anyone. “While that may be true, I wouldn’t have been able to kill the elf without you either. That elf would have killed me in three hits. Two if he got a critical hit.” He says with a soft look in his eyes. He was still hiding his emotions, but his usually callous look would to the exact opposite of what he wanted to do in this situation. You can trust her, but not too much. Become friends with her if you can. He looks at her one eye and grins a little. “Listen, don’t sell yourself so short, Everyone is good at something. I’m good at violin and singing. My sister is good at pranks. If you ever need help, or just want some music to listen to, just message me.” He nods, sitting up and looking at all the other players, while keeping the girl in his vision.

@Jinx

The girl didn’t believe him at all. He could have easily done this quest without her, even if he claimed the elf would have been able to kill him. It hadn’t landed a single blow…Maybe, ironically, she needed him and equally, he needed her? Was that really the case? She dismissed the idea, what a joke. People, needing her?  

“I’ll…take what you’ve said into consideration” She says calmly, her mind slowly sharpening up fully despite her desires to remain dulled. She didn’t want, nor need, her active mind right now. She bowed slightly to the boy and focused her single eye onto him “After all, in a world like this. Who knows, anything is possible. I just watched someone kill an elf, a creature that existed on fantasy only…”

’Maybe, just maybe. In a world like this, I can be useful. Not the burden that I used to be in the real world. If I keep becoming a tank, keeping people alive. Who knows…” So caught up in her own mind, the girl was simply staring at the boy in front of her with a dulled expression plastered on her face.