[F13 EB] Tainted Prestige

Black made sure he was one of the firsts to approach @Domarus so he could hear most of everyone's concept for their respective builds. He knew it'd be likely that they would serve together so he found it prudent to be informed about the strengths and weaknesses of the group. He also took notes as he would do during any meeting out in the field. It was expected of those in infantry units to pay close attention to detail. When the Platoon Sergeant Domarus approached him, he looked the man dead in the eye and shook hands, holding his journal and pen firmly in his left hand. “Yes, that's right. I take it since you were heading up three squads that makes you the Platoon Sergeant around here. Appreciate what you're doing here. Cosi and I will keep second squad locked down right. Safest place in the world is behind a Marine and his squad. “ Black stated with confidence. “ He then looks to @Cosi. “What's up Devil Dog? You need something that has a paralyze ability. Well, [censored] you're talking to a shock trooper. “ He smirks flexing his hand in his gloved that held the emblem of lighting bolts. “I got a shield with two points of Paralyze and one Taunt and a curved sword  that has 2 points of damage and 1 Paralyze. Pick your poison"

Black would then offer Cosi, Revial, a weapon with +2 points of damage and One Para.

Item traded to Cosi

Spoiler

Revial

Perfect Curved Sword

2 DMG, 1 Paralyze

During Domarus's break before briefing the players on their respective formations, Black would go check on his supplies in his inventory from his rucksack. Once he got called over, he rose up and moved with a sense of purpose to stand before Domarus. He circled up on his position and had a look at the squad compositions and listened in to the details of the outfit. He zeroed in on the matter at hand, filtering out any desire for a battle buddy or picking favorites. Those weren't luxuries in the Marines. Any man or woman drawing breath and blade at his side in battle was all he needed. He heard of appointed leaders and listened closely. When he heard his name called, it was business as usual. He raised a hand so everyone would be aware who “Black” actually was, before putting it down. He allowed a pause for questions, then wait for Domarus to approach him. He wouldn’t interrupt and simply listen. Once the man was done he would employ an interpersonal communication aspect known as active listening and repeat a brief summary to the Platoon Sergeant.

“Unit Cohesion. Decisiveness. Initiative. Field knowledge of our teams and the enemy. Instant obedience to orders. Swift extractions. “ Black repeated with a nod of confirmation. “I'll keep second squad supplemented with food buffs. Help them keep a level head and their morale high. “ He then listened to whatever response Domarus would have before leaving to consult his roster of Party 2, which he would dub Second Squad.

The Marine would then speak in a loud booming wave as he projected his voice to sound the f*** off. “Alright, @Cosi, @Krysta, @Kimi, @Vigilon, @Dustin! You are all part of party 2 or second squad. I am Black, the squad leader for this squad. I need everyone's eyes and ears on me. This isn't the time for side chatter. " The brown skinned man had a yellow rucksack on his back and a Japanese styled katana would adorn one side of the pack while a wakizashi would be found on the opposite side. He wears a militant bearing and the reflection of the party could be seen in his silver headband that read " Lucky Devil" in Kanji upon it. He looks everyone of them in the eye and sends them all party invites. “Now, some of you are experienced. Some of you aren't. I wasn't experienced when I started training to become a Marine Infantry Assaultman. Even the School of Infantry or the Fleet doesn't prep you for actual combat all the way. But there are useful things that I learned that helped me survive. Unit Cohesion. I'm sure you all know about the Spartans. They worked together as one unit. Same as the Roman Empire. The difference between these men and a  bunch of skirmishing amateurs is that with skirmishers you got a lot of independent minded people that like to seek individual glory. When they come up against people like the Spartans, who band together with their shield brother, a wall like that becomes a shockwave and that's what we need to be. Everyone working together. “ He then inhales and continues on. “When we get out there, I need you guys to trust me to make plays. I might get commands from up top. We need to keep comms clear and make sure we're sounding off over the sound of clanging steel. If any of you want to say something useful, by all means do so. Cosi and I will be acting as our main tanks. Cosi is my second. If I need to teleport out, he's my second. If Cosi needs to teleport out, Kimi is my third.  I'll see to it we're equipped to paralyze and disrupt. Krystal, from what I heard you're a healer so you're our Doc. Glad to have you aboard. The rest of you should be acting as DPS. If you feel you may be too under leveled to deal damage, then use status effect weapons or shields. Don't have one? Ask around. Myself or others may have some we'll allow you to borrow.“ He states looking more so to the higher level players.

“Most important thing. Does everyone here have a teleportation crystal?” He asks as he conducts a second gear check like many squad leaders would do. He raises his teleport crystal in the air for all to see. “ If s*** starts to hit the fan. You use this. Don't wait on an order. Your order now is to preserve your life at all costs. “ Black then licks his lips and adds his final statement. “I’m aware some of you all have gotten buffs and others are like me and pretty broke, busted, and disgusted.” He chuckled at that part before looking to the others. “I'm a rank five chef, so I prepared some quality meals our squad can use to keep everybody as safe as possible. I'll show you all what I've got.  Chow is on me tonight and come tomorrow, I'll invite all of you over for a warrior's breakfast. I prepared feasts to help most of the party. I have things to boost accuracy, evasion, damage, and mitigation. If you have a request for anything in the future, feel free to come to the Ichiban on the sixth floor.  Keep in mind, these buffs stack with your gear but do not stack with food of the same type or potions that give the same buffs. Also, use the protein food  in the curry at your own discretion. It stacks with damage potions, and give plus one damage at the cost of five mitigation. Use as much as you need. We've got to lighten the weight load on Doc to keep us safe. ” He states looking to their respective healer, Krysta. "I've only got tier one items. If you need tier two food buffs, consult Neo at her food stand. "

He then nods his head and concludes, “Alright, that's all I got. Enjoy your chow before the fight. Get whatever items you can get now from the shop. Also, get those holy necklaces from @Priest Uri if you hadn't already. They should protect you from corruption...or so they say.”

He then would set out a roster of his combat rations available next to his Sushi stand for the Ichiban for Party 2 to view. Afterwards, he would prepare three feasts for the group to enjoy and hand out two bowls of Teriyaki Chicken to Krysta and Dustin for additional mitigation. 

Black sits down and begins to scarf down his Teriyaki chicken and sushi roll in a quick and militant manner. For those enjoying the meal, it would consist Asian Curry and Teriyaki chicken with shrimp fried rice. Sushi rolls made with ingredients such as shrimp, cucumber, lobster salad, tuna, salmon, yellowtail, avocado and be wrapped in soy paper or white marble seaweed. Soy sauce, ginger, and wasabi would be provided as well as eating utensils. 

While eating, Black pauses to send a message to @Domarus

Spoiler

"Status on available songs for hindering the enemy? I can pitch in and buy some if needed. Second Squad is currently outfitted with feasts for bonus ACC, EVA, DMG, and MIT. "

Feasts Buffs for Party Two and Additional Items

@Cosi @Dustin @Krysta @Kimi @Vigilon

Spoiler

Black's Combat Rations (Party 2 Only)

Feasts used (Apply to all Party 2 Members)
ID-107579 Thunder Roll (+1 ACC)  (Party 2 all receives +1 ACC)

ID-107578 White Tiger Roll (+2 EVA)  (Party 2 all receives +2 EVA)

ID-107577 Asian Curry (+1 Protein[+1 DMG, Minus 5 Mit]) [Everyone gets it. Use at your discretion.]

Mitigation items given to Dustin and Krysta
Teriyaki Chicken and Snow Mountain Roll (+10 Mit) (1 each) 

Food Consumed

Spoiler

Thunder Roll (+2 ACC)
White Tiger Roll (+2 EVA) 
Teriyaki Chicken and Snow Mountain Roll (+15 Mitigation)

Stats after Buffs

Spoiler

Black

LVL 20

450/450 HP

40 EN

60 MIT

18 THN

5 DMG

2 PARA

1 TAUNT 

2 ACC

2 EVA

Edited by Black
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cosi wondered if he should ask Domarus to be in Mars group. Then the blonde thought better of it and decided to stick with his assigned position. Cosi nodded to Domarus, thanked him for the teleportation crystal and then moved on to find the others of his team. He didn't have to take much time. Cosi was practically accosted by @Black. At the man's- marine, whatever- offer Cosi took one look at Rose Gold and then back to the man, "I'll take the sword if you don't mind." Cosi then moved to find the others.

After gathering them up Cosi moved forward to address them before he was cut off by Black. The man went all military and starting yelling like your stereo typically drill sergeant, like he was trying to be from a movie or game. Cosi couldn't help but roll his eyes. The player was saying some good stuff about sticking together and watching your part members' backs then he rambled off about the Spartans or Romans. This isn't the real world. Its a game. They may have tried to make it as lifelike as possible and have it be controlled with our nervous system and bodies but that doesn't mean it is real life. Not everything that applied out there will work in here. Games are much different. And I would know. I spent as much time as you do in the army beating them. Cosi couldn't help but fume silently. He stepped forward and in front of Black. "Thank you.. Like he said stick together but there's more than that. We all will be just facing one enemy so fire will be focused. Black and I will be tanking and acting as defense, keeping the fire off of the rest of you. @Krysta is our support so keep her out of the line of fire." Cosi turned to face her, "It may do you good to hang back or stick close to a tank like me. The rest of you are the damage dealers so... deal damage. It would help to know you're weapon skill and ranks just so Black and I can gauge how much damage our party can do. It will also help to know whether you can AOE or Stun. Also don't hesitate to use the Switch mechanic with either Me or Black if you feel that you're racking up too much hate. Time's ticking team so make your last minute preparations and keep close to your teammates." Cosi looked at each of his party in turn: @Vigilon, a dark haired player with a arming sword, light armor and hand wraps like Mars, Krysta, a blonde girl about Vigilon's height with a rapier and light armor, and @Kimi a girl with red streaks in here hair that reminded him of Mars in the way she carried herself.

Cosi nodded silently to himself. Most of these player's were probably higher level than him but Cosi didn't let that slow him down. Shield and Hestia had told him that as a tank it was his job to to take the hits other's couldn't, and to make sure that everyone, everyone, got out alive, or die trying. Cosi didn't care if Black was the leader but he would make sure he would protect everyone. Cosi turned to Black, "Didn't mean to cut you off but this isn't the real world. Its a video game so some different things apply here. No hard feelings and if you have it I could use a buff that gives accuracy. If I'm going to be using a different sword I'll want to make sure I can hit with it." Cosi didn't wait long after receiving the sword and the consumable and moved over to stand with the rest of his team. This fight would be interesting.

Spoiler

Action(s): 

- Received Revial from Black

- Equipped Revial

- Consumed Thunder Roll (+2 ACC) from Black 

New Battle Stats after Black's Buffs

Spoiler

Battle Stats (With Buffs)-

Hp: 360 | ENG: 36 | DMG: 3  | MIT: 66 | THN: 18 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 | PARA: 1 | RGN: 5 (on hit, over 3 turns) [Safeguarded]

Edited by Cosi

As the groups got made ot seemed that He was stuck with the leader as a tank but luckily he was with Su what seemed better as he was good working with her and he kind of was responsible for projecting her because they were friends and also in the same guild, but luckily for her he was making sure nothing attacked her just because she was the weakest player here. He then walked up to @Domarus and nodded, "I will make sure to take a lot of hate here, I won't let anyone in this party get hurt," he looks at Neo, " I be right back need to something," he said walking up to @Neopolitan giving her a smile as he walked up, " Hey there Neo, just making sure you are alright, and I was thinking of getting something of your items as well as making sure you are okay," he said to her taking Neo's for a bit as he let's go off it quite quick leaving a small note in her hand saying "Neo, make sure we come back from this side by side, I care for you, I promise no reckless moves." It was kind of the thing Hazado did he cared for Neo and he wanted nothing else to make her happy. He took a Layer Dip that Neo had and smiled, "I promise," he said to her before walking back to his party and back to Domarus, "yo, I'm back, ooh and @Domarus if you still have the col to get two teleport crystals could you get them for me and this little girl over here,"  he said patting @Sunova on the head.

It was the first time he joined in with something this big. He turned to the second party with Cosi and @Black in it, "Oi,  American soldier boy" he yelled in English with a British accent. "Don't push them to hard, they are not like the military, And trust me when I say Cosi and Krysta are both good player in their roll, good luck," he said to Black pointing at the rest of his Party as he walks up to @Cosi and giving him a good pat on the back "Don't go to far, Black is a tank as well," he said before leaving to his own party again.

Spoiler

got item from Neo,

Layer Dip MEAL +1 ACC

She would listen a Domarus would seem to switch into a leading mode, telling people where to go and what to do. He provided many players with teleport crystals which made her roll her eyes. How were players unprepared to come to a boss fight. When you're lower leveled, you're supposed to be overly prepared to perserve your life. These players were absolute idiots. Domarus would then announce the two people he believed should players that should be leaders. Neither of them were her or Aereth. Frowning, she would turn towards Domarus, but he was already explaining it to her and Aereth. Mentally sighing, she would turn and walk back towards the priests, noticing that a few players were grabbing some form of cross from them. He would accept one but rip off the cord that made it a necklace. "Thanks, not a real fan of necklaces though!" she would tell them sarcastically. Pulling a few items out of her inventory, she would refashion the item into a pin that was able to hook onto her cloak near her waist. She would move over to her group, finding the girl that was supposed to be their leader. She hadn't seen this player before, but it appeared to her that no one seen anything but her massive chest. 'How is this girl more experienced or better fit to lead then me? As long as no one defends a boss or sides with the enemy then my dagger doesn't strike them. Basically, don't be an idiot' 

<<Received Event Item from Priest>>

Shield greeted @Baldur with a clap on the shoulder, waving away the apology as unnecessary. "We would survive without you, I'm sure, but it's always reassuring to have you." The conversation returned to planning and preparation. The issue that Hestia put to him was one he had seen as well. He was torn. While he would have loved to have himself, Beat, Baldur, and Zandra all on the same team, essentially giving their power-house arrangement a test run, in the current arrangement of players, they needed to distribute out the DPS a little more. "While I'd be happy to fight alongside the weeaboo master, I think @Hestia's got the right idea. We'll have more chances to fight side by side another day."

The glance he exchanged with Baldur was a significant one, though hardly enough for anyone to pick up much. At the moment, nobody outside of that small knot of players knew of their future plans. That was not a matter of hiding anything nefarious. However, he was not eager to hurt the Ascendants by telling them he had outgrown the guild. He was serving loyally and doing his duty of training recruits. However, if he was honest, he did not feel he had a place there anymore. Jonathan had seen to that. If ambition was a crime, then he was eager to carve out his own niche elsewhere. He glanced around at Beat, Zandra and Baldur.

Hopefully they will be the family I had hoped to find with the Ascendants.

Edited by Shield

Baldur nodded to @Hestia and @Shield when they mentioned the balance of the teams DPS. He had come late to the mix, so it made sense. He turned to the young woman who would be his tank for this fight, and he had no reservations about trusting his life to her. He was as prepared as he could be.

"No problem. I go where I am needed, and that makes sense Hestia." He gave her a reassuring smile, but didn't fail to miss the look that Shield gave him when once again their group was split up, though last time it was Baldur's own advice that had split the would be team. Their time would come soon enough. They as people, and the frontline in general, needed more groups with strong bonds to prevent things like... what happened that time... from happening again. They had already proven the potency of a well supplied raid, now they just needed to show a well planned and coordinated one. It would be a long road.

He put a hand on Shield's armor, "Just make sure that Lilith is looking after you and I'll feel okay looking after this other team." He gave the other tank a laughing pat on the shoulder and then moved over to Hestia's team so he could take stock of his fellow teammates. None of them were new to him, but he wanted to mentally run through what he expected to happen so that he could instinctively call for the correct help or give good direction should the need arise.

Between Hestia, Calrex, Morgen, and Macradon, they were a tough team, Baldur himself was no slouch since he had maxed out his own mitigation, though he used the protein buff which lowered it. Baldur himself was the fastest of them, but he would not be leaving anyone in the dust either. Macradon was capable of outdamaing the gaijin Samurai, and Calrex could switch easily between single target damage and AoE at the drop of a hat. Morgan's build was something he was less familiar with, but the man was a tank at heart, or at least he was. There wasn't a single person in their group who couldn't take a hit, and their squishiest person was himself. With Hestia as their healer, they were safe.

He gave each of them a nod in turn.

"So do we know anything about this fight or are we going in blind?"

@Calrex@Morgenstern@Macradon

Edited by Baldur

Black would have took a drag from his pipe, then listen as Cosi shared valuable information and words of reassurance. ‘Good to know he values the life of his team.’ Black thought as he complemented Black's style with a more gamer friendly approach. “No worries, man. I appreciate the words of wisdom. I can bring things to the table you cannot. You can bring things to the table I cannot, but together, we can do great things. We complement each other. “ He then offers Cosi a Thunder Roll with a +2 enhancement. “Saved this one for you.” Black states as he takes one for himself then nods at Cosi taking a bite. He knew the man meant well and knew ego didn't need to be brought unto a battlefield.

Hazado would approach and impart a few impartial words to both. "Hazado, good seeing you again man. " Black would then speak to the group and follow up them, taking a more casual tone. “Cosi has made a valid point, team. He's a good leader and is really helpful.  A lot of us are naturally gamers. We have to use that game knowledge to our advantage. That's what will come as second nature to us out there. Teams aren’t built because we're put together. We’re a team because I believe we respect, trust, and care for one another. Unity is strength. We're all bringing something great to the table. We're all here to encourage one another and build each other up. It's going to be an honor to be able to fight alongside you all. One thing I learned about being in a team, whether it be in a fireteam, a basketball team, or a eSports team is that trust is knowing that when a team member does push you, they're doing it because they care about the team.  Encourage one another, protect one another. Support each other on the battlefield. “

Edited by Black

Dustin moves over to @Black and takes the items to increase his stats. He smiles at him moving over to the priest and grabbing a necklace. “Thanks, I’m ready now.” He says to the man who had given him the items to increase his stats for the fight. If I don’t increase my stats soon, I’ll die. His brown hair blows in the wind and his black jacket down to his ankles, he pulls his sleeves up and sits down outside of the door. He looks at all the players and smiles. “I’m sure to find someone to have fun with.” He throws his arms up and stands up. “Hey, we have a plan to actually do something to this boss? Or we doing this the fun way?” He asks, tilting his head.

Soon enough it was time, and the two priests knew it.  Time had run out and many players didn't take the cross necklaces like they had hoped.  The two of them sighed but there was nothing to be done.  Instead the two nodded to each other before speaking up.  "Anyone who is ready to confront the priest, it's time!  Please follow me inside the church.  I won't be of much help to you as I am no fighter.  Hold onto the necklaces for those who have them as we enter."   "And everyone who wishes to protect the church!"  Zack called out.  "Please follow me!  Whatever is stalking out in the fields grows restless.  We must keep the others inside safe until they have completed their task!"  With this, the two priests would gesture for the players to follow them.  Each of them whispering a quiet prayer that only those following very closely would hear.  "Our Lord, watch over these men and women.  Protect them with your grace and your love.  Guide them on your path, and strengthen them with your Holy Light."

Tier 1-2 Boss Fight Thread:  

@Hazado @Domarus @tricolor_mina @Kyot0 @Dazia @Sunova @Cosi @Black @Krysta @Kimi @Vigilon @Dustin @Kairi @Hidden @Stryder @Mars @Neopolitan @Aereth

Tier 3 Boss Fight Thread:  

http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/17124-f13-eb-adulterated-realms-t3/

@Shield @Beat @Ruby @Itzal @Zandra @Calrex @Morgenstern @Hestia @Macradon @Seul @Baldur

Thread Rewards

Spoiler

Hestia - 12  +4 SP

Tricolor_Mina - 5  +1 SP

Morgenstern - 3  +1 SP

Vigilon - 2  +0 SP

Hidden - 4  +1 SP

Domarus - 4  +1 SP

Shield - 4  +1 SP

Macradon - 2  +0 SP

Ruby - 1  +0 SP

Itzal - 2  +0 SP

Dazia - 2  +0 SP

Zandra - 4  +1 SP

Calrex - 2  +0 SP

Hazado - 3  +1 SP

Krysta - 1  +0 SP

Mars - 2  +0 SP

Kimi - 3  +1 SP

Stryder - 1  +0 SP

Kairi - 1  +0 SP

Aereth - 1  +0 SP

Dustin - 2  +0 SP

Beat - 1  +0 SP

Neopolitan - 4  +1 SP

Cosi - 4  +1 SP

Kyoto - 1  +0 SP

Sunova - 2  +0 SP

Black - 4  +1 SP

Seul - 1  +0 SP

Baldur - 2  +0 SP

• 3 weeks later...

Uri and Zack watched the battles rage on.  Zack monitored the players in the courtyard while Uri observed the players in the church itself.  Uri was nervous, as many of the players seemed to be losing health quickly.  He was worried some of them may not make it.  He clutched his hand over the cross hanging around his neck, and whispered a quiet prayer for every player facing Miraak.  He prayed for their protection from the demons.  He prayed for guidance in right and wrong.  He prayed for those who mocked Miraak for his faith.  Miraak was misguided and had fell into the path of evil, but deep down he still called out for the Lord.  Uri knew it.  This was why he also prayed for Miraak.  Prayed that he-  Suddenly his eyes opened wide and he turned his gaze to the courtyard.  Zack was nervous too.  "Is it-"  "It is,"  Zack began running towards the gate.  "I'll go help them!  You stay here and keep an eye on everyone!  I'll be back shortly!  Do not miss a single action or you know what will happen!"  Uri nodded and spoke his prayers again in earnest.

Zack rushed towards the courtyard where the players did battle with their new opponent.  He could see the chaos it had spread amongst the players.  He even saw one of them defending the supposed angel.  This was bad.  He ran up to a small mound and reached the top.  When he did he raised the cross that hung from his neck and cried out, loud enough to penetrate all noises:  "Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind.  -  For "Whoever would love life and see good days must keep their tongue from evil and their lips from deceitful speech.  -  For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ.  Peter 2:1, 2:22, and 2 Corinthians 11:13!  In the name of the one true God, Christ Jesus, I command you to silence!  End this facade, and reveal your true nature fallen angel!"  

• 3 weeks later...

The two men continued to oversee the fights.  Both of them looked extremely worried about what was approaching.  Zack closed his eyes and bowed his head when Artamiel ripped the souls out and spoke a prayer in the hopes that everything would be alright.  As the fight continued on however, he observed that Artamiel was only growing stronger.  The more the players weakened, the more Artamiel's power showed forth.  And worst of all, he was afraid that Artamiel was going to get tired of this.  They needed aid and they needed it fast...  Of course, Zack was certain that help would arrive at the right time.  "Brother!  Miraak he-"  Zack turned to look into the battlefield and saw Sunova fall down and perish, shattering into crystals.  Zack placed a hand on Uri's shoulder, causing him to breath again.  "Uri.  It is in God's hands now."  He stepped up to the altar they had set up outside and went down on his knees.  "Oh Lord of Lords I pray.  This young woman fought against a demon, to free the man from corruption.  Even as she pushes you away, and insults your name, you are a merciful God and give us a second chance.  I ask Lord that you bring this young woman back, and give her that chance..."  His next words would be heard by @Sunova.  "Sunova, in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, I tell you to stand!"  In an instant Sunova would be at the foot of the altar where the priests were.  Uri smiled, the initial worry having only lasted in that one instant.  The Lord was one of second chances, so he knew he wouldn't allow this woman to remain in the cold grasp of death.  Zack would speak to Sunova.  "Are you alright Sunova?"  Once she had confirmed this he would nod and turned to the fights.  "You did well.  However, you as well as us, are unable to join the fight against the fights against the demons possessing Miraak, nor the Fallen Angel.  All we can do, is watch and wait...  Unfortunately we cannot communicate with the players.  Not with our voice, spells, anything."

The last thing Sunova saw was the Devils face, True it may be on of the many things she saw herself end somehow but to be it so soon was just cruel. As fast after that everything went black hearing her friends and others call her name and worry about her until it became ... dark ... soundless ... and pure nothingness. Sunova looked around left and right only seeing herself in a black void, "Hello? Anyone!" She yelled trying to get an answer but no response, only a few seconds later she heard something a voice, quite recognizable as it was one of the priests. Then a light blinding her quite a bit.

Opening her eyes Sunova saw Uri there smiling, It was a surprise but not the best one, Sunova gave a weak smile to Uni and while holding her Katana sheeted in her arms. It was still quite big being a 4 feet tall Katana but she nodded as Uni said she did her best and could not rejoin them. With a hard fall to the ground, Su looked how things looked. Her friends were still fighting quite a bit there and the Demon looked pissed same was for the Fallen Angel, "They are going to be okay, Right," Sunova asked the priest with a worried look while tightly holding on to her sheeted Katana. For the love of my friends, I thank you for getting me back here and not letting me die, Sunova thought looking up to the sky, "Somethings will never be understood by people, I thank you for still believing in me to make this world better, Even if I insult your name and don't trust you," Su said looking up at the sky again before unsheeted her katana and cutting off a bit from her hair binding it into one piece and placing it on the altar, "Please take care of them," Su said with a smile before hugging her sheeted Katana again

@Priest

The two priests looked at each other before Zack spoke in response to Sunova.  "We are not exactly sure..  A fallen angel can't be killed, they don't function like we do.  This is why we are most concerned for the warriors in the courtyard.  However we do not intend to let anyone die.  And I doubt the Lord wishes that to happen either.  What still worries me however, is even if we survive this.  If these two aren't cleansed.."  He turned to look at the fights.  "Then our world may be doomed."  He turned to Uri.  "I'll continue to monitor the fights.  Please care for her."  With that he walked away, Uri nodding.  That was when he heard what she said.  He was confused at first until he recognized she was speaking to the Lord.  He smiled gently and walked over, placing a hand on her shoulder.  "The Lord is a God of second chances.  He's a kind, loving, and forgiving father.  He understands the pain we carry, and offers to take that pain away.  Don't worry.  He'll take care of your friends.  Of that you can be certain."  He raised his hand to his cross of nails, holding it.  "...Did you know that I wasn't always a priest?"

@Sunova

• 2 weeks later...

Dazia appeared in the courtyard, which wasn't at all what she had expected. "Huh? Wait, this isn't Florenthia! How? Wh-where...??" She noticed the priests talking to someone. She came closer to recognize...her party's healer, who was killed in action. "WHAT????" She came up to the white haired player. "Sunova?? What...what happened??? I saw that...that thing grab you and kill you! How are you here? I- I mean, we can't both be dead! ...But that still doesn't explain how a teleport crystal told to take its user to Florenthia would take me here instead..." There was a TON of confusion, and Dazia just couldn't understand it all. "How the hell is this all happening?? I swear, I must be hallucinating, or having some d**n nightmare!!" She wondered, if word about this was to get out, should this whole thing be for real, was, how would Yinangi respond, or what would she do, on the chance that Dazia was dead, or if some players might become reckless about seeing a player not dead after having been killed. "You're....you're not a ghost, are you?" If what she had said earlier didn't reveal her confusion, this sure would.

@Sunova

Zack sighed in relief as he watched the health bars of one player and another one switch suddenly.  Just before they had been hit by the fallen angel.  The Lord was blessing and healing them and he was grateful.  The fallen angel however, was infuriated by this and lashed out.  Thankfully missing Ruby but Shield..  He just had to have faith they would all make it.  Suddenly they heard a sound and he turned to see Dazia appear.  He nodded to Uri who nodded back and walked over to Dazia with a smile shaking his head.  "No she's not a ghost.  The Lord wasn't going to let her die by the demon's hand Dazia.  The Lord brought her back.  As for you,"  he said as he gestured to the pitch black sky.  It would have been black there too if it weren't for hovering specks of light spread across the courtyard.  "The fallen angel's influence.  It's suppressing the area causing all sorts of effects.  One of them being, blocking you in here.  We have to wait for the players to somehow drive it away.  And from the looks of it, God is watching out for them as well."  he finished with a smile.

@Dazia

His attack would continue, his eyes alight with his own rage. He would end this here and now. As he came in for another attack, a cold blast of shadowed air would blast him back. His health would drop considerably, but he would use his weapon to stop the blast from keeping him back. As it ended, he would unearth his weapon and begin his charge again. It had to die. The monster would roar, its anger apparent.  "Your Arrogance, is your DOWNFALL."  It would blast a dark fog. The dense fog would be impossible to breathe and he would begin to choke. As he fell to the ground, his health would drop more and more. As it came to a sliver of health, Artamiel would pick him up by the throat, the bosses hand cold enough that it burned. 

"You.  You allowed yourself to drown in hatred.  To collapse under the weight of grief.  You can't handle your failures and you never will.  will always fail.  But don't worry, I'll help you out.  Let me ensure you'll never make another one again.  Now die!"

Its words hurt. They were true. He had allowed his anger to get the best of him, just as his allies had said. His health bar would reach zero and fade. His body would begin to glow as he fell from Artamiel's cold grasp. 'So this is it... I couldn't even kill Chaos beforehand.' As he hit the ground he would manage to spit out two words before he shattered into pixels. Pixels that would be absorbed into Artamiel's being. "Sorry... father" 

He would be left in darkness. Not just any darkness.... Absolute darkness. He could see nothing, hear nothing. 'For the last time... I failed. At least... I won't be a burden to anyone else. They can live on, protecting themselves not a waste of space'. A weight would lift off of his chest. He didn't have to worry about failing anyone any longer. If he was dead, he couldn't be the cause of any more deaths. A smile would reach his lips. His head would begin to spin, his body feeling dizzy.  A white angry light would quickly approach him, and as it reached him he would rejoin the world. 

He would look down, finding the T3 boss fight. He was.. floating above it. His body was merely a wisp of light. He was cold, very cold. His eyes would widen. "I'm not dead..." he would state plainly. Unless everyone who died in Aincrad was floating and playing spectator, then he wasn't dead. His smile would fade, his mouth opening as his face became filled with horror. Anger would suddenly rush through him. "DAMN IT, DAMN IT, DAMN IT, DAMN IT!" His anger quickly turning into tears streaming down his face. "WHY DON'T YOU LET ME BE? STOP SPARING ME! I DON'T DESERVE IT! I DON'T WANT IT!" he would scream at the top of his lungs. Of course, no one would hear him scream. There was no one, he was alone up here. "Is this my eternal punishment? Will this game not let me free?" He couldn't stop the constant flow of tears. The game wouldn't be letting him die. First Chaos had spared him, and now the game itself. 

He would look around the battlefield, finding that someone else had also vanished from the battlefield. Hestia. He would choke on another sob. He had failed her as well. He wondered if she was still alive, or if Aincrad had decided it was more torture to keep him alive than let him die. "Every single person I have ever attempted at training... has died" As the realization hit him he closed his eyes. He wanted this to be over. It was unbearable. 

When Sunova listens to the priest a bit she hears a teleport of someone, She looked to see who it was and then her eyes met with Dazia, the girl who she kind of already knew and a bomb off questions came her way and Sunova got out a laugh, as then Dazia was done talking Sunova stood up and Hugged her with happiness,  A few tears fell down the girls cheek and while hugging you could hear the sobbing, "I... I don't know what happened, But I'm still here, with all of you," Sunova said under her sobbing until she let's go and clears her tears, "I don't know what, but It probely would be a bug or something, I thought I was dead for good there until I heard the priests their voice, and now I'm here not unable to help in any way," Sunova said a bit sounding quite sad and scared at the same time, It seemed like Haz was getting quite a beating to him as he raged quite a bit and slammed his spear into the demon being Miraak, Sunova was scared the Bug would not happen again and if Miraak did not die now it would be, even more, player that would die if Miraak got out another AoE and that would be very dangerous to see. "I hope this won't end badly, I hate to see Haz get beat up even Mina seems just to nice to be tossed around like that, And just... I hope they are all getting back here soon I can't stand them suffering while we stand here doing nothing." Sunova said as another tear falls down from her cheek as she watches the fight of her friends go on.

@Dazia

Suddenly there was a brilliant flash of light that would temporarily blind any player who looked into it.  The light came from the battlefield for tier three players.  After the instant however it dimmed just enough for players to see.  This entity looked like Artamiel, or at least it was choosing a form like the fallen angel's.  However instead of a being made of shadows, it was of a light appearance.  Golden, sky blue.  In addition to this new being's appearance, Artamiel seemed to cower.  All of it's form shifting over to the wall of the cathedral, almost as if it's back were against a wall.  The being of light began to speak.  However, this voice was of a language known to no human, and thus no one could make out what it said.  It's voice was otherwordly like Artamiel, and carried a tone that sounded like a command, possibly a threat.  Artamiel spoke up in response, in the same language the newcomer used.  It's own voice devoid of it's arrogance, but still held aggression and determination in it's tone.  There was a little back and forth speak, before Artamiel finished, saying something in a very hateful tone and shot it's shadows at the players on the battlefield.  Before the fallen angel could reach them however, the light struck it fast.  All at once, a tear appeared in the sky, to a place the players could not look into, and forced Artamiel into it, the fallen angel roaring in rage as it was thrown.  The entity closed the tear and began to descend towards the players.

As the entity took the shape of a humanoid angel, the two priests smiled.  "I have a feeling everything will work out in the end."  "Amen to that Uri."  He nodded as the players souls returned to their bodies, two of them having their bodies restored.  Zack turned to the tier two players and approached them.  "We should be expecting company pretty soon.  Your allies who fought the fallen angel are safe so you need not worry about them.  As for Miraak, I doubt the Lord will let any of them die to a demon."  Uri walked over to the two and placed a comforting hand on @Sunova's shoulder.  "Do not worry.  You have played the part you needed to.  They have only to complete the task.  Do not count yourself as useless or unimportant.  Everyone carries responsibility, and you stood strong until the end.  In the end, you chose to risk your own life rather than see your friends lose their own.  That shows much about you, and the person you are."

I close my eyes as i watch the two attacks happen as i just wait for it to happen just accepting that this is because the game did something to my inventory not allowing me to be prepared to heal up. TO have a actual chance at living and only had lived so long to waste Baldur's items. To Waste Calrex's safeguard. To be a failure again at being able to do anything useful for my friends. Why is it that everytime i want to help i am just a failure to those around me. I whisper out before the attack hits me as i can feel nothing but the cold void for only a few moments. No sound. No life. No...nothing at all just the blankness that surrounds everything. Before suddenly like a evil black truth i hear the sound of voices, battles, i can feel the breeze upon my skin i can feel the light against my eyes as i just open dead looking blue colored eyes as they slowly gain a cold and spiteful look within them as my fists tighten up into balls of just pure rage at this happening and only shortly after hearing the sound of something dying nearby of which i can only assume is the angel from the sounds of it. one turn...I NEEDED TO LIVE FOR ONE F*******G TURN! I say in anger as i turn around and punches the wall of the church over, and over, and over, and over again in just anger as i just scream to the high heavens all my emotions that i am feeling. Striking at the building with each punctuating sentence. ONE STUPID MISTAKE! ONE STUPID GLITCH KILLED ME! NO YOU CAN'T HAVE YOUR INVENTORY SO! YOU'RE! DEAD! STUPID GAME AND YOUR BULL**** MECHANICS! WHY! CAN'T! I! JUST! BE USEFUL! AT! MY! ROLE! FOR ONCE! FIRST THAT GEMINI! I slam my shield against the church at this point. THAN THAT NPC! Slams my fist into the building once more. THAN NOW THIS STUPID BOSS WHERE I JUST WASTE THEIR ITEMS! GO! TO! HELL AINCRAD! I yell angrily as i grab my sword and try to fruitlessly cut into it with Legion Destroyer as by the end tears are free flowing from my eyes in frustration and anger at how useless i feel at this. At how in the end even them using their items would be nothing and only for the game to taunt me to bring me back just so i can acknowledge what i did at least helped them somewhat but in the end the tantalizing fact in the back of my mind. 'What if you didn't come back? You would be nothing to nobody. Just another specter that people will quickly forget and not care about at all. Nobody talks about Zel, Dom, Tristan, Or Teayre. They're dead to this world and you would've followed suit quickly if the game had its way. You're a nobody and made no impact.' I can't help as those thoughts quickly stop entering my mind berating me, insulting me, facing...reality?

@Baldur

Baldur and the rest of his team marshalled everything they had to take down Artamiel. Their sword arts hitting home, with critical hit indicators flashing, and the boss' health bar slowly plummeting down, ever closer to the end of the new, hidden HP bar. Everyone roaring their rage and frustration in trying to bring it down. They were so close, that Baldur could taste the last hit bonus... but when the HP bar stopped moving, with just a sliver of red left, panic flashed in the normally controlled, steel blue eyes of the gaijin samurai. In the comfort of the flame and the void, fear did not normally touch him, but this wasn't fear for his life. He and Calrex and Shield would make it through. But if they didn't kill the boss before its next attack...

Hestia, and Ruby, and Itzal were going to die.

Then darkness flared all around them, and he saw everyone but his kouhei drop down to critical levels, only he and Zandra not in the read. Baldur had never taken such a monstrous attack in a single action before, but before he could move, he glanced at the other HP bars of the fight.

Hestia.

Morgenstern.

Gone.

Panic stabbed through his heart as he turned to look for Hestia, her cold body falling to the ground as if all light had been sucked out of it and gone to power the boss, to make it even more imposing. Group one beat him to it, and attacked the boss as Baldur stood there, temporarily paralyzed by what had just happened. Four players were down, and their deaths making the boss only more power. Rage and grief battled through Baldur, until a bar of light from the sky came down and destroyed the fallen angel, and the globes of light that were their friends reappeared at the top of the steps to the monastery where the priests watched over the lower level players.

Looking up the steps, Baldur saw them stand. Morgenstern and Hestia, revived from their prison with the demon boss.

He took the first two steps, unsure of what to do or how to feel. The world had just lurched twice. His friends had died, but before he could even come to terms with that thought, they were back to life. What is with this bizarre event?

The next few steps came at a run, the <<Muramasa>> held lightly and loose in his hand, forgotten by everything that was going on. As he reached the top, he slowed down once more, his eyes, the normally proud, calculating, controlled eyes, the person he fought to maintain, were all shattered as tears clung to the edges. The steel was gone from them, and instead was replaced by a deep, ocean blue. There was a softness to the elder players eyes that was not normally there. The cursed blade fell from Baldur's hand, irrelevant in the face of this small miracle.

"Hestia... you're alive."

The samurai was gone. Jason stood there, and then took the last few steps in a rush, throwing his arms around Hestia and hugging her to him. He was crying in earnest now. Not the chest heaving, snotty cry, but with tears streaming down his face, and a ragged breath he could not catch he hugged the resurrected tank. He had never known how much her friendship meant to him until this fright, when he thought she might die. He had done everything he could in the midst of battle to try and help her and the rest of his group stay alive. It hadn't been enough, but they had all made it out alive, and ultimately that was what mattered.

"Thank God you're alive. You're alive..."

@Hestia